D-IAA: The League Begins Looking for Founding Members

Kenneth Choate and Max Lily are looking for BBCF players who are up for a new, exciting challenge. We plan to begin an online league based on KennyWan's Division I Playoff Subdivision mod for BBCF, going by the name [b]D-IAA: The League[/b]. The league will be a more casual league, with two sims per week, planned for [b]Wednesday[/b] and [b]Sunday[/b]. The league will be slightly modified from the original, eliminating the Independents, the Mid Alantic Athletic Conference, and the Great West Conference by combining those conferences into other conferences to create a more balanced schedule, placing those schools into conferences that they were moving to wherever applicable. In addition to the conference realignment, 10 postseason games have been added to give the top teams not making the playoffs a reward for a good season. So, if you are looking for more fun and enjoyment out of BBCF, please let us know! If you want to be a founding member of D-IAA: The League, leave a message in this thread, or email the league at diaatheleague AT gmail DOT com.

Yay! We have three teams now. Anyone else? And for those of you who are interested, let me know if you have any ideas on how/where to recruit new members. [i]Edit[/i] BTW, I'm going HBCU on everyone and playing with the team less than 15 minutes from my old home, Grambling State! Marching Band Mania, KennyWan

Freddy Drop me a line on AIM, where I'm kennywanchizoate, to get the league file that we will be using for the league. It has a few differences than the original that can be found on the BBCF Mod forum. As far as the prestige ratings, I took a weighted average of several polls and year end rankings over the past six years and adjusted everything accordingly. And if you're Southern, I look forward to seeing you in the Bayou Classic. Seeing as I'm going to handle Grambling, and all. KennyWan

We have a website! Well, sorta kinda. It's on the web at [URL="http://theleague.freehostia.com/"]http://theleague.freehostia.com/[/URL]. Owners page is up, and the forums are ready. The League File is also there. It isn't the set up file that we will be using to sim with, but rather just the adjusted pstats.dat with 10 postseason games. We'll be polling to name the postseason non-playoff games before we get started, but this will let you see the conference movement made. Everything else, including prestige, will remain the same. And yes, I know that free sites and free boards are lame, but hey, I'm a broke newlywed. What can I say? KennyWan

Archived