Avoiding a tv show debuting in a late slot?

Anyone find a way around this yet? I've gone through everything possible. Creating a show in the editor instead of a new show, allowing a contract to expire on a show, adjusting the length, then trying, but every network, even the one I'm with, won't allow me to go earlier than 12. I'm trying to take Impact to 2 hours, but neither Spike nor Fox will give me prime time, no matter what I've tried. Hopeless?

Probably not much hope until you grow in size. Becoming less risky may help as well (depending on your product). My traditional, regional-sized promotion just got an 11pm time slot. But without being big enough to draw bigger ratings, you're probably not going to get a great time slot.

the way around the late night/early morning slot is easy. Sign with a smaller network. Example, if WWE were to sign a contract over here in England with say, Channel 5, they'd walk right into any slot they wanted, why? Because C5 would bend over backwards to egt a big company like that who would seriously bump up their ratings. Whereas if they were to sign with the BBC, they'd probably be given the slot they have for live showings of Raw and PPV's, 1/2 oclock in the morning, they'd be lucky if they got any earlier than 11 to be honest, and that's only because of them having enough popular tv shows that they wouldn't need another set of viewers. Yeah, so, erm, just negotiate with smaller networks, obviously don't go to area specific smaller ones if you can already get national/global networks.

Archived