Football season is nearing...

I've got a feeling we won't be seeing this game this year for this reason alone. No updates. Which is all right, I'd rather him put together a good game than rush something out when he's really not working that much on it, since its free time only when he can work on the game. *shrug*

I've no idea how far along he is, but it's entirely possible he's not spending time doing updates on the forum, so that he can have more time to work on the game. And he's said on multiple occassions he was going to post less pre-release info so that people are disappointed if a planned feature doesn't make it into the game. Again, I'm not claiming to know anything about how far along he is, but the lack of public info isn't necessarily an indicator.

Thanks Arlie, I am as anxious as the next guy for the new game and wish it was coming out now but can always keep playing tpf until it does. I am sure it will be a great game and worth waiting for. I just hope it is early next year. I'd rather it wasn't rushed out now. Rather wait until it's done. I have faith that it will be even better than TPF which I thought was a pretty good game but just needed a few tweakes. galleyfan

[QUOTE=John Comey;286729]I think you should take it to mean, "It's done when it's done and finished to Arlie's standards." With a fulltime job and a young one at home, I hope you realize that you setting any timetable may easily end in disappointment.[/QUOTE] I mean what I posted John Boy, his use of the term "football season" which would end early feb. So I can not worry about looking for the game till spring at the earlyest. So maybe my post cleared it up some for those whoo are gona pop on here the next 6 months asking when the game will be out, they see the post and decied not to start asking again till march. Or they can post and the "dont bother arlie" crowd will come out in force to post over and over how he has a full time job and kids. Arlie can release it when he wants or never release it. But if a month goes by and nothing is said an someone comes along and asks how about we try not to jump all over him for " bothering arlie" . Maybe if the posts pick up a lot more than they have Arlie will take a few mins and give us a nibble or something. But I am sure this statment will be taken as I am at Arlies door with my picket signs till we see a game. I pop on here once a week and evey so offten when I feel the need to post a question or ask about progress I will do so and I have TWO FULL TIME JOBS AND 4 KIDS. :cool:

[QUOTE=BigDawg;286894]Maybe if the posts pick up a lot more than they have Arlie will take a few mins and give us a nibble or something. But I am sure this statment will be taken as I am at Arlies door with my picket signs till we see a game. I pop on here once a week and evey so offten when I feel the need to post a question or ask about progress I will do so and I have TWO FULL TIME JOBS AND 4 KIDS. :cool:[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Arlie Rahn;285257]The game will not be released this football season, but I am making progress. I will try to do a better job of keeping people up to date.[/QUOTE] There's your nibble. ..........and I wouldnt compare posting on here once in a while to coding a game while tending to a family. They're not the same. Take the time until release to play other games..........oh wait, weren't you the guy who quit all of his leagues for lack of time?

[QUOTE=Cooleyvol;287008]There's your nibble. ..........and I wouldnt compare posting on here once in a while to coding a game while tending to a family. They're not the same. Take the time until release to play other games..........oh wait, weren't you the guy who quit all of his leagues for lack of time?[/QUOTE] I wasnt compairing myself to him, just the fact some feel the need to constantly post he has a family. I seen that over and over, thing is anyone with a brain understands this and doesnt need to be reminded all the time. Or act as if their attacking him. I think the boards are here for a reason and I dont see a lot of differance of specific question as is this or that in the game or a general question how is the game comming. My point was you guys dont need to use some tone with guys asking that they are pressuring or complaining to arlie. He is a big boy he can respond himself. I do play "other games" from time to time, HIS LEAGUES?? I wasnt aware Arlie ran a league. I quit YOUR college league what a year ago? Did I tell you it was for lack of time? I was being nice as the real reason had to do with the guy running it :) I also played in NFLSim running TPF and quit that league for 2 reasons, lack of time back at that point and the many problems with TPF rookie generation of talent and problems with game play where the gam gives huge atvantages to running FB's and QB's... you can view both problems by looking at the NFLSim stats.

HIS refers to you, BD. As for the reason for leaving both GG and NFLS, the same post was posted at both forums. Matters not to me; just pointing out your inconsistencies on it. I was being nice about certain things at that time too.....guess we're both happy now. Best of luck.

[QUOTE=Cooleyvol;287394] As for the reason for leaving both GG and NFLS, the same post was posted at both forums. Matters not to me; just pointing out your inconsistencies on it. [/QUOTE] WOW, it does seem to matter to you as why would you bring it up and post it, in a thread that has nothing to do with GG/NFLS? again the reason ( or one of them ) were accurate but not the only reason. I suppose its was a backhanded attempt to discredit me some how so should I go get the 5 commishes ( ootp and fof ) of the leagues I play in now that will tell you what a great and active owner I have been to their leagues? Go try your hit and run tactics some place else.

Archived