I've looked around the forums for the answers to some of my questions, some I've found, others I haven't. So, as for the ones I couldn't find the answers to... I've been playing recently using the T-Zone mod, playing as Big Japan. I have the Young Lions feature turned on, but it considers some of my biggest stars to be young lions, such as 30 year old main eventer Ryuji Ito, and Daisuke Sekimoto. This creates a problem when the crowd has a problem with "a young lion like Ryuji Ito getting the win over someone like Madman Pondo." The same thing happens even if I have a match between two young workers. They had a problem with a 24 year old gaijin going over a 23 year old gaijin in my opening match. Is there any way around this other than to disable the young lions feature? And at what point do they cease to be considered young lions? Also, I had a question about defending titles. Does how often they're defended make a difference? Like, in real life, the BJW Deathmatch Heavyweight title is only defended a few times a year, and it gives the matches a more big time atmosphere and makes them feel special. Would doing this in the game mirror that to some extent, or would it not make any difference than if I had put the title on the line every couple of weeks? (Not that I would do that) Another thing, I run twice weekly, both medium shows (the maximum I can hold), but is there any benefit to holding smaller shows? Might I be better off holding one small show and one medium show instead? And finally, one last thing regarding Road Agent Notes. In what situations, and with what types of workers, would it be benficial to use these: Protect, Open Match, Burial, Decisive Win, Call in Ring, Script, All Out Match, Work the Crowd, and Overbook? Like, would it take a certain amout of psychology, or basics or something in order to successfully protect one's opponent? I would imagine language barriers would effect the "call in ring" one, but are there certain stats needed to be able successfully do this? And when I hear about a match being "overbooked", I generally think of it as being a negative thing. Is it ever beneficial to overbook a match? Thanks.

1. I could be wrong but I think respect determines who is a young lion not age or overness so that could be the problem there. 2. It really doesn't matter how often they are defended, though I belive rapid title [I]changes[/I] will reduce prestige. 3. Smaller venues sell out easier and a sold out crowd can give better reactions raising the show rating. Are you selling out or near to selling out Medium? If so probably more cost effective to stick to that. 4. Protect: Tag match where someone's stamina is low or against a crappy worker. Open match: Competitive bout with both/all having the chance to shine. Burial: Make that worker look really bad (maybe they are on the way out). Decisive win: enures the match is won cleanly (pin/submission etc). Call in Ring: When one worker has high psychology or both have good, has a chance to raise match rating as spots are improvised but will backfire with lesser workers. Script: reverse of call in ring, use to compensate for less psychology savvy workers. All out match: as it says go for the best match possible, can overshadow matches that follow it. Work the corwd: get the crowd going but not iver the top as with All out match. Overbook: Protect match with lots of shenanigans like run ins, ref bumps and blood/weapons, think Vince McMahon matches here for a good way and Jeff Jarrett matches for a bad. I should actually include TNA's latest SNAFU in Angle v Joe as a diamond example of bad Over Booking. :)

Can't offer much help on your first questions unfortunately. As for your last question about road agent notes, the way I see it: - Burial: I'd only use this if I superstar was about to leave my promotion, bascially jobbing them out so they lose popularity so that if another company hires them, they wont be so over - Decisive Win: I believe this means pin or submission, rather than count out/dq, its also a clean win (ie not tainted). I do not think it means that the winner is dominant in the match and wins easily. - Call In Ring: I would only use this if you have two workers (although perhaps only one is necessary) who can 'go'. I think psychology is the stat that applies to this. Although I believe there is some disagreement regarding this, ie some people feel that you should always use either Call In Ring or Scritp - Script: Use this if you have two deadweights who don't know a wristlock from a wristwatch. If your road agent has good psychology, this should help the match. - Protect: If you are pushing someone with sub-par ring skills and he's in there with someone who could 'carry' him. Use this. Think along the lines of Benoit or Flair making someone look like a star - Open match: you are pushing both guys, and want them both to look good. I'm not sure how this note differs from having giving the loser a 'keep strong' note - All Out Match: Not entirely sure on this one, though I tend to use it quite a lot. If the participants 'click' can make the match better. Though I think it might also increase the risk of injury, and if the undercard is too good may make the main event anti-climatic. - Work the Crowd: I never use this, I don't see the point of having early matches limit what they do, if the workers are gonna get a higher rating than stuff later, they should be further up the card, in my view. - Overbook: I think this may depend on your product settings. If you have two over guys who are pretty ****ty, between the ropes, using this should hopefully distracted people from the fact they suck. Though, as it says in the help file, if the match is good, using this note could detract from it.

[QUOTE=flamebrain;281158] 3. Smaller venues sell out easier and a sold out crowd can give better reactions raising the show rating. Are you selling out or near to selling out Medium? If so probably more cost effective to stick to that.[/QUOTE] I think he meant the size of the show rather than the venue (ie when scheduling it you can choose the small, medium, big, huge, ppv etc), at least, thats the way I read it. I've always wondered what difference that makes.

[QUOTE=tom_wk;281178]I think he meant the size of the show rather than the venue (ie when scheduling it you can choose the small, medium, big, huge, ppv etc), at least, thats the way I read it. I've always wondered what difference that makes.[/QUOTE] Ah. :) I think that might affect the crowd. Bigger show means greater crowd expectation?

Thanks for the replies, guys. And yeah, I did mean show size, not venue size. I mostly been running in Kanto, where I'm at D- (~40%) and have been getting nearly 1900 per show at Korakuen Hall (max 2000), with a medium sized show. I was just wondering, since my attendance is okay, and I think I'm even making a slight profit at each show. I was just wondering if running small shows as well might have some additional benefit, since the workers get paid the same, but there are less tickets sold (though the cost of running the show, aside from talent fees, are lower) What about show length? Might that tie in at all with show size? I've been having one show at 1.5 hours, the other at two hours, with 5-8 matches per. If I ran a medium show at one hour (or half an hour, for that matter), would they think it was too short? Also another question I forgot to ask. I assume psychology matters for referees, but what about announcers? Does psychology matter for them? And what about microphone skills and acting? Do those only matter for angles, or do the announcers benefit from the as well? And I just thought of one other thing. When booking a tournament, is it best to have an exhibition match or two between the semis and finals, to give the finalists a chance to rest? Or does it not make any difference to fatigue? Anyways, I'll try bumping up the respect for some of my younger guys who should not be considered young lions and see if that helps. I need to start over again anyways since I accidentally corrupted my other game testing things out (fortunately I was only about a month in.) edit: and one more thing. The Face/Heel divide is set to none, so that means it doesn't matter at all if they're heels or faces, right? Like if they were all heels, it would not a bit of difference? Would it make a difference if a face was using a gimmick that was rated A* for faces, or if it was rated D-? Thanks again.

[QUOTE=ブッチャー;281206]Thanks for the replies, guys. And yeah, I did mean show size, not venue size. I mostly been running in Kanto, where I'm at D- (~40%) and have been getting nearly 1900 per show at Korakuen Hall (max 2000), with a medium sized show. I was just wondering, since my attendance is okay, and I think I'm even making a slight profit at each show. I was just wondering if running small shows as well might have some additional benefit, since the workers get paid the same, but there are less tickets sold (though the cost of running the show, aside from talent fees, are lower) What about show length? Might that tie in at all with show size? I've been having one show at 1.5 hours, the other at two hours, with 5-8 matches per. If I ran a medium show at one hour (or half an hour, for that matter), would they think it was too short? .[/QUOTE] Show length shouldn't make any difference. Just be careful with shorter shows that you keep all your workers occupied, so they don't get unhappy at lack of use. [QUOTE]Also another question I forgot to ask. I assume psychology matters for referees, but what about announcers? Does psychology matter for them? And what about microphone skills and acting? Do those only matter for angles, or do the announcers benefit from the as well?.[/QUOTE] Psychology does not matter for refs or announcers or colour comms. Refereeing is the only thing that matters for refs (funnily enough :p ), for announcers you need announcing (:p ) and respect, colour comms you need mic and charisma. Acting only really comes into play in angles where the character is rated on either entertainment or acting. [QUOTE]Anyways, I'll try bumping up the respect for some of my younger guys who should not be considered young lions and see if that helps. I need to start over again anyways since I accidentally corrupted my other game testing things out (fortunately I was only about a month in.) edit: and one more thing. The Face/Heel divide is set to none, so that means it doesn't matter at all if they're heels or faces, right? Like if they were all heels, it would not a bit of difference? Would it make a difference if a face was using a gimmick that was rated A* for faces, or if it was rated D-? Thanks again.[/QUOTE] The young lions respect thing - I think they stop becoming young lions at either D+ or C- respect (47.1 or 53.1%) although it might be one grade lower. No face/heel divide means you can use anyone in any match against anyone of either alignment. If you are using gimmicks, then I would advise you to still try and get the best rated gimmicks you can, as this seems to help increase their overness quicker. eg Eugene (gimmick rating D ish!) is never going to get over in real life because of his stupid gimmick, whereas John Cena, who is nowhere near the wrestler that Nick Dinsmore is, has got himself a gimmick that works well (rated A ish), so he has got himself VERY over.

[QUOTE=ブッチャー;281146]Also, I had a question about defending titles. Does how often they're defended make a difference? Like, in real life, the BJW Deathmatch Heavyweight title is only defended a few times a year, and it gives the matches a more big time atmosphere and makes them feel special. Would doing this in the game mirror that to some extent, or would it not make any difference than if I had put the title on the line every couple of weeks? (Not that I would do that)[/QUOTE] It wouldn't be to your best advantage to hold off on putting titles on the line like it's done in real life. Titles will bleed prestige if they're not defended a certain minimum amount (which I haven't yet figured out). Not enough to make much of a difference if those title matches are high quality though. For example, I had a tag title on one of my brands that dropped to like 49% (midcard title) because I didn't have enough tag teams to make defending them compelling to me. However, 5 matches and it's up to 63%, which meant that waiting was probably the best thing for me. [QUOTE=ブッチャー;281146]And finally, one last thing regarding Road Agent Notes. In what situations, and with what types of workers, would it be benficial to use these: Protect, Open Match, Burial, Decisive Win, Call in Ring, Script, All Out Match, Work the Crowd, and Overbook?[/QUOTE] These are all subjective, really. Protect is what I use when I have a strong worker working against a weak one. For example, in T-Zone, Cheerleader Melissa or Mariko Yoshida vs Persephone. Persephone gets the protect note (because she is FAR less skilled than her opponent). Kyoko Inoue vs Manami Toyota in a 15 min long match, Kyoko gets the protect note (because her stamina doesn't allow her to work matches that long without tiring). Open Match is a note I use for multi-person (say Triple Threat, Fatal Fourway singles or tag) matches, to ensure everyone gets their signature spots in. Burial is what I use when a worker's on their way out the door OR when their price goes too high and I want to bring it down some (which is why I rarely ever use this note - I don't have that problem with the wimmin :p) Decisive win = pinfall or submission or retrieve item or escape cage. Means there's no question as to who the victor is. Call in Ring - This is where subjectivity comes in. In my current game, no one with psychology under B- (71.1%) gets to call their own matches. I have people like Jaguar Yokota and Mayumi Ozaki and Lioness Asuka and Kaoru Ito as road agents. If a worker (or workers, in the case of tag teams) can't approach their psychology skills, they don't get to call their own matches. But sometimes I put tag teams together specifically to groom/train others. Like Cheerleader Melissa (B+ psych) and Mariko Yoshida (B+ psych), as a tag team, get to call all their matches in the ring (with great results heh). Script is the alternative to call in ring. If it's not called in the ring, it's scripted. This means, your road agent works with the workers to get the match down before it happens. Calling it in the ring is a spontaneous kind of thing where the workers "wing it". Scripting means they're, well, following a script. All Out Match is when you tell the workers to go 'balls to the wall' to steal the show, essentially. The workers will do all they can to produce the best match possible. You have to be careful though. I've had matches at the beginning of my card rate far higher than I thought because the workers involved were good enough to call the match in the ring AND were told to go all out. For those familiar with women's workers, a couple of examples are LuFisto vs Dynamite Kansai and Kyoko Inoue vs Yuki Miyazaki. Both rated B-, in a product where overness doesn't matter much besides determining card position. Neutral chemistry between the workers as well. Work the crowd is the opposite of All Out. It basically tells the workers to go out and have a good match but don't overdo it. Just get the crowd into the show. You'd have your opening matches work the crowd and your main event matches go all out, usually (unless you're a "Perfect show theory" disciple). Overbook is easy. Think WCW-era (and current TNA) Vince Russo style booking. Essentially, the people in the match are so horrible that you have to distract the crowd with things like run-ins, weapons, blood, anything to deflect attention from the actual wrestling. Gimmickry galore! [QUOTE=ブッチャー;281146]Like, would it take a certain amout of psychology, or basics or something in order to successfully protect one's opponent? I would imagine language barriers would effect the "call in ring" one, but are there certain stats needed to be able successfully do this? And when I hear about a match being "overbooked", I generally think of it as being a negative thing. Is it ever beneficial to overbook a match?[/QUOTE] Overbooking can be beneficial to those promotions whose products contain lots of risque, cult, and maybe hardcore. Just a guess though, I've never tested it out. Also, if your roster is full of talentless hacks (not naming names!), overbooking can help because you don't want your crowd to notice their lack of talent. The rule of thumb I use for protecting is B in overall performance skills. Looking at my roster, people like Amy Action, Azumi Hyuga, Baby M, Carlos Amano and, in another month or so of shows, Beth Phoenix and Jetta, etc, can protect their opponents. In current storyline, Jetta & Kelly Adams are a tag team and Jetta turns on Kelly (after Kelly got the dreaded "stale in her current role" note). In that feud, Jetta (B- performance) will have to protect Kelly (C performance) in their matches against each other. But mainly, I only protect workers with less than C+ or B- in basics. So folks like Persephone and Savvy get protected in all of their matches (D+ basics). But you have to be careful. Protecting a worker makes them look more talented than they actually are. For example, Savvy, as a result of working against talented workers and being protected, is a midcarder while people like Nikita, Nikki Roxx, Shantelle Taylor, Nikki Matthews, Estrellita, and Diana La Cazadora, people who are actually talented and capable, are lower midcard/opener/enhancement talent. That's mainly because Savvy's lack of skill has not been allowed to detract enough from the rating of matches she's been in (due to the protect note). Even squash matches rate high enough to have her advance in card position, if she's protected and working against a superior opponent. Vanessa Kraven squashed Savvy a couple shows ago and the match rated a C because Savvy was protected. Take that note away and it would be lucky to break out of D territory. Anyway, flight's boarding so I gotta bail. ;)

[QUOTE=Remianen;281553]D, 41.1%[/QUOTE]Wow, that much, huh? Looks like almost my entire roster is considered young lions (even the oldest guy, who's nearly 50, lol) I guess that definately needs a lot of tweaking. Anyways, thanks for all the detailed replies. You've been very informative and helpful.

[QUOTE=ブッチャー;282749]Figured I might as well ask this here, are road agent notes about chemistry (or lack thereof, which I seem to get with much greater frequency) able to occur in any match? So far I've only ever received them in singles matches.[/QUOTE] I don't think you'll get opponent notes in anything other than singles, tag chemistry is only in tag matches and Manager/Client is in any match/angle.

Archived