TNA 2008: The re-building of the X-Division

[CENTER][IMG]http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/MACW07/tna/tnawrestling.jpg[/IMG] [B]TNA 2008: Re-building of the X-Division[/B] In late 2007, TNA finally gets a second hour added to IMPACT. Although this accomplishment came with an extreme condition, Spike TV moved IMPACT to Monday nights at 9:00pm est, head to head with WWE's RAW, thus reviving the Monday Night Wars. TNA gets slaughtered in the ratings. Many people point their fingers at TNA's failure with the X-Division. After Kurt Angle won the X-Division title, Angle went onto squashing nearly every X-Division wrestler, hurting the division and the title in the process. Finally, Samoa Joe wins back the title but the damage was already done. Joe tried to restablish the title but it was no use, the fans had turned on him due to TNA's poor management decisions. It wasn't long untill Samoa Joe got annoyed and quit the company, leaving TNA as the X-Division Champion. The title was declared vacant. Soon after, Samoa Joe appeared on a ROH event and signed a contract with them, stating that he's glad to be home. Another title which was brutaly slaughtered was the TNA Tag titles. In a cheap attempt for media coverage, TNA hot shotted the tag titles onto Ron Killings and Pacman Jones, even though Pacman's contract clearly stated that he was unable to conduct in any physical altercations of any matter. A month later, Killings and Pacman dropped the titles to Team 3D. Just like the X-Division title, nobody cared about the tag titles once TNA tried to reistablish them. Ron Killings left the company after losing the tag titles and signed a deal with WWE. Killings was sent to the SmackDown! Brand. TNA had officaly hit rock bottom and their bank account started to reflect it. In an effort to save some income, TNA released some of their talent. Dustin Rhodes(Black Reign), Johnny Devine(Havok), Frankie Kazarian(Kaz), Kevin Nash, Rick Steiner, Lance Hyott & Elix Skipper were all released from their TNA contracts. Lance Hyott quickly signed a developmental deal with WWE while Frankie Kazarian and Elix Skipper signed contracts with ROH. Another contract termination which made a lot of wrestling fans happy was the firing of TNA's head writer, Vince Russo. Much of TNA's lack of ratings was blamed on Russo's writing skills(or lack there of). The company decided to hand the writing position to Jim Cornette. Although Cornette has an awesome mind for the business, his booking and writing was just too old school and the company suffered from not being hip enough. TNA decided to remove Jim Cornette from his writing position and give an up and coming television writer a chance. Cornette was livid that a kid with no wrestling experience whatsoever took his spot. Jim Cornette left the company a week later. But all was not lost, the company signed some great talent before the end of 2007 which brought in some new fans to the product. Former MNM member, Joey Mercury, Giant Bernard(formerly known as A-Train), Rob Van Dam and Brock Lesnar were all signed before the end of the year. Today is January 1st 2008, the first day of the New Year. If TNA continues down this slippery slope, this may be the end of the company. It's now or never, can TNA survive in the year 2008?[/CENTER]

Looks like a good plausible set up, realistic signings based on rumours and just general likelihoods. At this juncture it really wouldn't surprise me to have seen the tag belts slapped onto Killings and Pacman, although I think Joe will probably still be with TNA come 2008 in real life... but anyway, that's all hypothetical. I does sadden me to see Nash go a bit and to a lesser extent Cornette, but this has all the makings for a promising story and I'm looking forward to seeing how you set about rebuilding the damage done.

[CENTER][B]WWE & ROH History leading up to 2008[/B] Once TNA announced their move to Monday nights, WWE decided to end the ECW brand so that they could focus more on RAW and the rating's war. Shortly after the termination of the ECW brand, WWE announced the release of the following superstars: Tommy Dreamer, Stevie Richards, Balls Mahoney, CM Punk, Viscera, Boogeyman, Marcus Cor Von, Nunzio, Matt Striker, Mike Knoxx, Joey Styles & Taz. CM Punk and Nunzio both signed contracts with ROH while the rest sat at home and waited for the next best opportunity. WWE also brought back the Hardcore Championship, hoping to keep ECW's hardcore fanbase. Although this time the Hardcore Title is not contested under 24/7 rules. Umaga won the title in a Hardcore Battle Royal on RAW. Ken Kennedy's push as the next big star was a failure. Although he defeated Umaga for the Intercontinental Championship at SummerSlam07, the return of HHH and Shawn Michaels was just too much for him to shine through. Elsewhere, Ring of Honor's PPV's became extremely popular. The company signed a monthly PPV deal and begain running live monthly shows, hoping to bring the promotion to new heights. ROH is now considered the true alternative in professional wrestling. It's the first day of 2008, both ROH & WWE are planning on holding massive events to kickoff the New Year. All eyes are on TNA. What can TNA do to break out this year and claim their spot ontop of the wrestling world?[/CENTER]

[CENTER][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"]TNA Today[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B] [B]January 1st, 2008[/B] [I]This is TNA Today, the most viewed daily internet program in the world. [/I] [B]Jeremy Borash:[/B] Hello wrestling fans, welcome to the first 2008 edition of TNA Today. On the show today, our first guest of 2008, the TNA Heavyweight Champion, Kurt Angle. [I]"TNA Today" is sponsered by "TNA Mobile", get TNA Wallpapers, ringtones and the most exclusive TNA news straight to your cell phone. Text TNA to 7600 for a free 3 month trail. [/I] [B]Jeremy Borash:[/B] He is the current TNA Heavyweight Champion, the Olympic Gold medalist, Kurt Angle. Thank you for joining us... [B]Kurt Angle[/B]: I was relaxing and resting at home with my family for the holidays and you called me in for this? I should kick your behind... [B]Jeremy Borash:[/B] Hey-hey-don't shoot the messenger. I am just reporting for the TNA fans. [B]Kurt Angle:[/B] And that's the problem. These fans aren't worth the hassle anymore. I tried being a nice guy, I tried being a team player but it just wasn't enough for them. They wanted more and more. Then when I finally gave them more, they started freakin' booing me. They're insane. [B]Jeremy Borash:[/B] Kurt Angle, it's a New Year and it's time for a new challenger. Who would you most rather defend your championship against? [B]Kurt Angle:[/B] I could really care less, Borash. You can line them up and I'll knock them down, one by one. [B]Jeremy Borash[/B]: How about we put up some potential challengers up on the screen and you can tell us how you feel about them. The first one is, "The War Machine" Rhino... [B]Kurt Angle:[/B] Rhino looks like a freakin' T-Rex and he probably has the brains of one too. I mean just look at him, his arms are just way too small for his body. How they heck is he suppose to compete against me if he can't even wrap his arms around my waist? [B]Jeremy Borash:[/B] "Captain Charisma" Christian Cage... [B]Kurt Angle:[/B] I've fought Christian Cage all over the world. I've beat him once and I'll very well beat him again. [B]Jeremy Borash:[/B] Scott Steiner... [B]Kurt Angle:[/B] Scott Steiner is nothing but a freak of nature. He may be built like a house but I'm sure that his ankle will snap just like everyone else. [B]Jeremy Borash:[/B] And finally, Brock Lesnar... [B]Kurt Angle[/B]: Brock Lesnar is a fellow Amateur Wrestler and for that I respect him, but don't let that fool you. I've kicked his behind plenty of times in the past. Hell, I've even beat him in freakin' Japan! If Brock Lesnar wants to lose once again then he can just step up. And that's damn real!! [B]Jeremy Borash:[/B] Well, very well. Thank you for joining us on TNA Today. Good luck in 2008 and congratualtions on still being the TNA Champion. We'll see ya on IMPACT! [I]Commercial for "Final Resolution" airs, the commercial features quick clips of TNA in 2007. A long shot of Kurt Angle holding the TNA Championship ends the commercial. [/I] [B]TNA presents... "Final Resolution" Live, January, 20th 2008[/B] [B]Jeremy Borash:[/B] Don't forget to check out TNA IMPACT! this Monday night at 9:00pm est for another edition of Total Nonstop Action. Announced for the card so far is a Tag Team Championship match, Team 3D defend their championships against Rob Van Dam and a partner of his choosing. Also, TNA has announced their quest to crown a brand new X-Division champion. The quest will begin this Monday night on IMPACT with a X-Division Tournament. The Tournament will continue untill "Final Resolution" where the finalists will compete in an Ultimate X Match. Confirmed for the tournament this Monday night are, Joey Mercury vs Sonjay Dutt, "The Canadian Destroyer" Petey Williams vs "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles & Alex Shelley vs "Black Machismo" Jay Lethal! plus we will find out who will be challenging Kurt Angle for the TNA Heavyweight Championship at "Final Resolution". Don't you dare miss it! TNA fans, we are also making our return to Detroit Michigan, January 26th 2008. It's going to be a wild night of TNA Wrestling, tickets are on sale now. I'll be there, TNA Cameras will be there, Rhino, Kurt Angle, AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam plus many more TNA Superstars will be there! Get your tickets now! Thank you for joining us for another edition of TNA Today, keep on checking tnawrestling.com for the latest news and updates on Total Nonstop Action. [/FONT][/CENTER]

[CENTER][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"][B]TNA Today[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] [B]January 2nd, 2008[/B] [I]This is TNA Today, the most viewed daily internet program in the world. [/I] [B]Jeremy Borash:[/B] Howdy internet, welcome back to another edition of TNA Today. On the show today, Brock Lesnar. [I]"TNA Today" is sponsered by "Xtreme Regime", TNA's new online community. Post pictures, videos, blogs and much more. Sign up on xtremeregime.com, today![/I] [B]Jeremy Borash:[/B] He made his debut in TNA a month ago and has made his presence felt ever since then, Brock Lesnar, thank you for taking the time to join us here today. [B]Brock Lesnar:[/B] My pleasure... [B]Jeremy Borash:[/B] Yesturday, Kurt Angle ran down a list of possible contenders for his TNA Championship, when it came down to your name he shrugged it off stating that he has beat you every time you two met in the ring. What do you have to say to the TNA Champion? [B]Brock Lesnar:[/B] You know, I could run my mouth just like Kurt Angle, but I'm going to let my actions speak for me. Watch Monday night iMPACT! and find out just how much of a pushover I really am! [I]Brock Lesnar walks off of the set, angry, leaving Jeremy Borash speechless. [/I] [B]Jeremy Borash:[/B] Well, short but strong words coming from Brock Lesnar. I guess we'll just have to wait and watch iMPACT! this Monday night and find out what Lesnar is up to. [B]Matt Sydal.... COMING SOON![/B] [B]Jeremy Borash[/B]: Brock Lesnar, our guest today, stormed off the set obviously upset over Kurt Angle's comments-- [I]Team 3D walk into the shot. Brother Ray places his arm around a nervous Borash. [/I] [B]Brother Ray:[/B] Long time no see, huh Jeremy? [B]Jeremy Borash:[/B] I guess... [B]Brother Ray[/B]: What do you mean, "I guess?". What? Don't you like us? [B]Jeremy Borash:[/B] Well--I-- [B]Brother Ray:[/B] Don't even answer! You know what, we don't like you Borash! The only reason why Team 3D is here is to tell that sleazebag Rob Van Dam that we're not afraid of him. He can pick any one of his "extreme" friends but this coming Monday night we're going to show everyone why we're the most dominant tag team....period! [I]Ray shoves Borash aside. Devon gets in Borash's face. [/I] [B]Brother Devon:[/B] Ooh testify, brother! [I]Commercial for "Final Resolution" airs, the commercial features quick clips of TNA in 2007. A long shot of Kurt Angle holding the TNA Championship ends the commercial. [/I] [B]TNA presents... "Final Resolution" Live, January, 20th 2008[/B] [B]Jeremy Borash[/B]: Team 3D crashing TNA Today once again, having some harsh words for "Mr. Monday Night" Rob Van Dam before their TNA Tag Team Championship match this Monday night on iMPACT!. RVD will get to choose a partner of his choice in his first TNA title shot. Also scheduled for this Monday night, the first round of the X-Division Championship Tournament. A tournament that will conclude with an Ultimate X Match at "Final Resolution" for the vacant X-Division Title. Already scheduled for the First Round this Monday night, "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles vs "The Canadian Destroyer" Petey Williams, Joey Mercury vs Sonjay Dutt & Alex Shelley vs "Black Machismo" Jay Lethal! And this just in, Dixie Carter has informed us here at "TNA Today" that a brand new TNA commissioner will be announced this Monday night on iMPACT!. Who will be TNA's new commissioner?! TNA iMPACT, 9:00pm est, Monday night only on Spike TV!! Don't you dare miss out!! [/FONT][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]TNA Today[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [B]January 3rd, 2008[/B] [I]This is "TNA Today", the most viewed daily internet program in the world. [/I] [B]Jeremy Borash[/B]: Welcome to another edition of "TNA Today". Our special guest for today, "Black Machismo" Jay Lethal. [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]"TNA Today" is brought to you by "Marvel Toys", with a full line of TNA action figures now available at Target stores nation wide. [/FONT] [B]Jeremy Borash[/B]: He is madness personified, "Black Machismo" Jay Lethal. Thank you for joining us. We're days away before TNA's quest to crown a brand new X-Division champion. What are your feelings going into the tournament and facing Alex Shelley? [B]Jay Lethal:[/B]Oooh yaa, Jeremy Borash, I've been in tournaments, I've been in psychowards, in fact I've been in the Danger Zone. Yaa! I've been in the Danger Zone, east of the Pacific Ocean, west of London England, South of Mars and North of Hell. Yaa! Being in this tournament is nothing but a vacation for me, oooh yaaa! [B]Jeremy Borash:[/B] It's obvious that every X-Division superstar is looking forward to going all the way into the Ultimate X Match finals at "Final Resolution". What are your strategies for that death defying match? [B]Jay Lethal:[/B] Yaaa! First things first, Alex Shelley will be staring up into the bright lights, listening to the glorious and soothing sounds of Angels while I drop from the heavens with an Elbow Drop. Yaaa! Then "Black Machismo" will spend 30 days and 30 nights in the Danger Zone, snapping necks like slim jims. Yaaa! Ultimate X Match, X marks the spot, "Black Machismo" is ready. Dig it! [B]Jeremy Borash:[/B] With all of the X-Division superstars already announced for this tournament, who do you think will be your greatest challenge? [B]Jay Lethal[/B]: Every X-Division star has his ups and his downs. Yaa!! If they weren't the best of the best they wouldn't be here. "Black Machismo" is the only X-Division star who's mad enough to win this tournament. Machismo Madness is ready to burst out like a slimy pimple on a teenage kid. Yaaa!! [B]Jeremy Borash:[/B] Thank you for taking the time to join us today, good luck in the tournament. [B]Matt Sydal... COMING SOON![/B] [B]Jeremy Borash:[/B] Welcome back to "TNA Today". It's time once again for Don West's deal of the day. This is your one stop shop for all of TNA's greatest deals. [I]Don West walks into frame with a few DVDs in his hands. [/I] [B]Don West[/B]: What's happening my man? We're travel back into 2007. TNA had it's ups and downs but today we're giving you a chance to relive 2007. We have the entire TNA Pay-Per-View DVD collection of 2007 for a low, low, low, price of $125! [B]Jeremy Borash[/B]: Wow. That's a pretty good deal for 12 DVDs. [B]Don West[/B]: You think that's a good deal? How about $93?! [B]Jeremy Borash[/B]: Well-wow-that's quite a good deal. [B]Don West[/B]: Good deal, huh? $58!!!!! [B]Jeremy Borash[/B]: WOW!! You'll never find that deal anywhere else!! [B]Don West[/B]: That's right. Here and here only, you can get the entire 2007 collection for only $58!! But folks, lemme tell ya, when they're gone, they're gone!! This is a limited time deal folks so go to shoptna.com right now!!! [B]Jeremy Borash:[/B] Be sure to head to shoptna.com for this unbelievable deal! [I]Commercial for "Final Resolution" airs, the commercial features quick clips of TNA in 2007. A long shot of Kurt Angle holding the TNA Championship ends the commercial.[/I] [B]TNA presents... "Final Resolution" Live, January, 20th 2008[/B] [B]Jeremy Borash[/B]: This Monday night's iMPACT! is shaping up to be one of the biggest shows in iMPACT! history. Already announced, a Tag Team Championship match between the champions, Team 3D against "Mr. Monday Night" Rob Van Dam and a partner of his choosing. Also on the show, the begining of the X-Divison Championship Tournament. "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles vs "Canadian Destroyer" Petey Williams, Alex Shelley vs "Black Machismo" Jay Lethal & Joey Mercury vs Sonjay Dutt, all scheduled to compete in the First Round. Last week, Dixie Carter informed "TNA Today" that a new commissioner will be announced this Monday night at iMPACT! Who will be our new commissioner?! And just added to the show, Giant Bernard goes one-on-one against "The Monster" Abyss!! That match will surely be a barn burner. TNA iMPACT! this Monday night, 9:00pm est, on Spike TV!! Don't you miss it!![/CENTER]

[CENTER][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][B][COLOR="Red"]TNA Today[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE] [B]January 4th, 2008[/B] [I]"TNA Today" is brought to you by "Hot Topic", the hottest and latest TNA T-Shirts are now available at Hot Topic stores nationwide. And now your host, Jeremy Borash.[/I] [B]Jeremy Borash: [/B]We're just a few days away from the first iMPACT! of 2008. The show is jam packed and loaded. Already scheduled for Monday night, the first round of the X-Division Championship Tournament. The X-Division has been a staple here in TNA since the very begining. Some of TNA's greatest matches involved X-Division superstars and now we're looking to revive that same magic. But before we start our quest to crown a brand new X-Division champion, let's take a quick look at some past clips of our X-Division action. [B]Jeremy Borash:[/B] Unbelievable! I can't wait to see the revival of the X-Division, here in TNA! But the X-Divison Tournament isn't the only thing scheduled for Monday night. We're also in for a Tag Team Championship match, featuring the tag team champions, Team 3D defending their titles against "Mr. Monday Night" Rob Van Dam and a partner of his choosing. Giant Bernard will go head-to-head against "The Monster" Abyss in what will surely be a hard hitting afair. Dixie Carter broke the news a few days ago to "TNA Today" that a brand new commissioner will be announced this Monday night. Who could be our new commissioner? And just confirmed right here on "TNA Today", Judas Mesias along with Father James Mitchell will lock horns with "The War Machine" Rhino. TNA iMPACT! this Monday night, 9:00pm est, on Spike TV!! This is the one episode of TNA iMPACT! that you don't want to miss!! [I]Commercial for "Final Resolution" airs, the commercial features quick clips of TNA in 2007. A long shot of Kurt Angle holding the TNA Championship ends the commercial. [/I] [B]TNA presents... "Final Resolution" Live, January, 20th 2008[/B] [/FONT][/CENTER]

[CENTER][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"]TNA Today[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B] [B]January 5th, 2008[/B] [I]This is "TNA Today", the most viewed daily internet program in the world. [/I] [B]Jeremy Borash:[/B] Welcome to another edition of "TNA Today". Our guest for the show today, Rob Van Dam. [I]"TNA Today" is sponsered by "TNA Mobile", get TNA Wallpapers, ringtones and the most exclusive TNA news straight to your cell phone. Text TNA to 7600 for a free 3 month trail.[/I] [B]Jeremy Borash[/B]: He is "Mr. Monday Night", Rob Van Dam. Thank you for joining us. [B]RVD:[/B] No problem. [B]Jeremy Borash:[/B] This Monday night, you're set to challenge Team 3D for their tag team titles. The entire world has been asking, "who will RVD choose as his tag team partner?". Well I'm asking you right now, RVD, who will be in your corner this Monday night? [B]RVD:[/B] Ya know, I've made a lot of friends during my career. I fought with some of the most toughest s.o.b.'s in this business. But Team 3D are the toughest opponents I have faced to date. So I had to look waay back into my past to find someone who is just as crazy, just as tough and most importantly just as extreme! Rest assured the TNA fans will be very happy with my choice. [B]Jeremy Borash[/B]: TNA fans sent some of their ideas on who might be your partner this Monday night. Let me read some of the suggestions and you can give us your thoughts on the choice. Ok first off, New Jack?... [B]RVD:[/B] Haha...New Jack is deffinately a tough s.o.b. I've seen him in some of the most bloodiest and brutal matches. He would be a great guy to have on your side during a fight...that's for sure. [B]Jeremy Borash:[/B] Lance Storm? [B]RVD:[/B] Lance Storm is one of the most technicaly sound wrestler that I've ever stepped in the ring with. Having him on my side during a wrestling match would certainly be an advantage for me. [B]Jeremy Borash[/B]: "The King of Old School" Steve Corino? [B]RVD[/B]: Steve Corino is another technicaly sound wrestler. He would bring more of an old school type of style to the table. Plus, that guy had his share of bloody brawls. [B]Jeremy Borash[/B]: Finally, Brother Runt? [B]RVD:[/B] Brother Runt is a very very very tough man. He's fought against guys twice his size and I've never seen him back down once. I'm sure Runt has some unfinished business with Team 3D as well. [B]Jeremy Borash[/B]: Thanks for your time and good luck in your title match this Monday night. [B]RVD[/B]: Not a problem, brother. Just remember to tune in this Monday night to TNA iMPACT! and watch "Mr. Monday Night" take what's rightfully his, the TNA Tag Team Championships. Because nobody gets as high as Rob....VAN....DAM!! [I]A commercial promoting TNA's return to Detroit, Michigan airs. TNA stars like Rhino, Kurt Angle, AJ Styles, RVD and Christian Cage are shown. [/I] [B]TNA returns to Detroit, Michigan, January 26th 2008 Tickets are available now![/B] [B]Jeremy Borash[/B]: Welcome back, we've been talking about the first Monday night iMPACT! of 2008 for weeks and rightfully so. This iMPACT! is jammed packed and will certainly be one you won't want to miss. We have just been informed earlier today, that another match has been added to this Monday night's show. Andrew "The Punisher" Martin will take on "Cowboy" James Storm who will be accompanied by "Miss Texas" Jackie Moore. Also scheduled, a Tag Team Championship match featuring Team 3D vs RVD and a partner of his choice. Plus the first round of the X-Division Championship Tournament. "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles vs "Canadian Destroyer" Petey Williams, Joey Mercury vs Sonjay Dutt & "Black Machismo" Jay Lethal vs Alex Shelley are all scheduled to kick off this tournament. Plus, Dixie Carter has announced that a new commissioner will be revealed this Monday night. Who could it be?! TNA iMPACT! this Monday night, 9:00pm est, on Spike TV!! This is the one episode of TNA iMPACT! that you don't want to miss!! Tomorrow, we have a special "TNA Today" matchup between Robert Roode and Sharkboy. Plus we'll run down some suspects who may be the next TNA Commissioner. [/FONT][/CENTER]

[CENTER][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]TNA Today[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [B]January 6th, 2008[/B] [I]"TNA Today" is brought to you by "Hot Topic", the hottest and latest TNA T-Shirts are now available at Hot Topic stores nationwide. And now your host, Jeremy Borash.[/I] [B]Jeremy Borash[/B]: We are 1 day away from the first TNA iMPACT! of 2008!! We have a very special matchup lined up for you on "TNA Today". Robert Roode accompanied by the lovely Ms. Brooks will take on Sharkboy. Later on in the show we'll also take a look at possible suspects who may very well indeed be our next commissioner. Let's kick things off with a matchup between Sharkboy and Robert Roode... [SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"][IMG]http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/MACW07/tna/wrestlers/sharkboy.jpg[/IMG] vs [IMG]http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/MACW07/tna/wrestlers/robertroode.jpg[/IMG]w/[IMG]http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/MACW07/tna/wrestlers/msbrooks.jpg[/IMG][/COLOR][/SIZE] [B][SIZE="4"][I][COLOR="red"]1 Fall Singles Match Sharkboy vs Robert Roode accompanied by Ms. Brooks[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/B] [B]Sharkboy outsmarts Roode earlier on by avoiding contact and biting his behind. Roode gets annoyed very quickly and catches Sharkboy with a high kick across his face. Robert Roode stomps away and beats Sharkboy down, dominating the majority of the match. Sharkboy manages to roll Robert Roode up with a chain of various pins. After getting some near falls, Sharkboy hits Roode with an impressive Tornado DDT but before he could pin him, Ms. Brooks gets on the apron and distracts the referee. Sharkboy walks toward Traci, trying to get the referees attention back to the match when Robert Roode nails Sharkboy with his Northern Lariat. Roode covers his opponent for the easy 3 count.[/B] [COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"][B]Winner: Robert Roode Time: 7:21 Rating: C-[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR] [I]Commercial for "Final Resolution" airs, the commercial features quick clips of TNA in 2007. A long shot of Kurt Angle holding the TNA Championship ends the commercial. [/I] [B]TNA presents... "Final Resolution" Live, January, 20th 2008[/B] [B]Jeremy Borash[/B]: Welcome back. Ever since we broke the news about the announcement of a brand new TNA commissioner this week on iMPACT!, the wrestling world has been buzzing over who it may be. So we here at "TNA Today" have compiled a list of suspects that may infact be our next commissioner. [B]Suspect #1: Don West[/B] He's been with the company since day 1 and he's been selling our merchandise like hotcakes, maybe it's time for West to move on up in the company. [B]Suspect #2: Kurt Angle[/B] The Olympic Champion is the only TNA wrestler to have held every single title in the company at the same time. He is also the current TNA Heavyweight champion. Could the power of the company go to the man who's held the most gold? [B]Suspect #3: Me...Jeremy Borash[/B] Hey, let's face it. I'm charismatic, I'm friendly, and hell...everybody loves me. Why not give me a run for your money? [B]Suspect #4: Vince McM---nah...[/B] [B]Suspect #5: Christy Hemme[/B] She's dangerously beautiful and there's not a man in the world that can say "no" to her. If there's anybody who can keep order around these parts it's Christy Hemme. Well those are our suspects, but you gotta watch iMPACT! TOMORROW night to find out who really is the brand spankin' new TNA commissioner. Oh boy, am I excited. TNA iMPACT! TOMORROW night, 9:00pm est, on Spike TV!! This is the one episode of TNA iMPACT! that you don't want to miss!! [I]A commercial promoting TNA's return to Detroit, Michigan airs. TNA stars like Rhino, Kurt Angle, AJ Styles, RVD and Christian Cage are shown. [/I] [B]TNA returns to Detroit, Michian, January 26th 2008 Tickets are available now![/B] [/FONT][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Pro Wrestling News (dot) Com[/B][/SIZE] [B][COLOR="Blue"]-1/7/08 Monday Night Wars Preview[/COLOR][/B] [I]It's the first Monday of the year and the Monday Night Wars are heating up more than ever. Both companies have released a detailed preview of their Monday night show, each show is being built up as if it's a Pay-Per-View. Who will win the first ratings war of the New Year?[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]WWE RAW Preview[/COLOR][/B] It's a night of champions on RAW as WWE kicks off the New Year wil an slobber knocker of a show. All titles are on the line, who will leave Monday night with gold? [B]WWE Heavyweight Champion, John Cena defends against Triple H WWE Intercontinental Champion, Ken Kennedy defends against Shawn Michaels WWE Hardcore Champion, Umaga defends against The Sandman in a Hardcore Match WWE Tag Team Champions, Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch defend against Brian Kendrick & Paul London Randy Orton takes on Jeff Hardy Carlito tangles with Bobby Lashley and Cody Runnels tries to survive against King Booker[/B] [COLOR="Purple"][B]TNA iMPACT![/B][/COLOR] TNA iMPACT! is ready to kickstart the New Year with a bang. The Quest to crown a brand new X-Division Champion starts on Monday night, a new TNA Commissioner will be announced and we'll find out who will challenge Kurt Angle for his Heavyweight Championship. [B]First Round of the X-Division Championship Tournament "Phenomenal" AJ Styles vs "The Canadian Destroyer" Petey Williams Sonjay Dutt vs Joey Mercury "Black Machismo" Jay Lethal vs Alex Shelley TNA Tag Team Champions, Team 3D defend against "Mr. Monday Night" Rob Van Dam and a partner of his choice "The Monster" Abyss collides against Giant Bernard Judas Mesias along with "Father" James Mitchell look to put an end to "The War Machine" Rhino Andrew "The Punisher" Martin is set to punish "Cowboy" James Storm who will surely be accompanied by "Miss Texas" Jackie Moore plus much more![/B][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/MACW07/tna/tnaimpact.jpg[/IMG] [B]Monday, January, 7th 2008 Shown on Spike TV, 9:00pm est At Orlando Studios infront of 4,980 people Your hosts are, the voices of TNA Wrestling, Don West & Mike Tenay[/B] [B]Ring Announcer:[/B] Ladies and gentlemen, making his way into the iMPACT! Zone, he is Brock Lesnar!! [COLOR="Red"][FONT="Century Gothic"][I]Brock Lesnar's theme hits. He walks out to a massive amount of cheers. Lesnar's in his street gear, a t-shirt and jeans. He walks down the ramp and steps inside of the ring.[/I][/FONT][/COLOR] [B]Mike Tenay:[/B] We open Monday night iMPACT! with entrance of Brock Lesnar. For weeks we've been wondering who will face Kurt Angle for the TNA Heavyweight championship and as you can see it seems that Brock Lesnar feels that he's the man who should be getting that title shot. [B]Don West:[/B] Kurt Angle has been bad mouthing potential #1 contenders for weeks and it looks as if this man has finally had enough. [B]Mike Tenay:[/B] Brock Lesnar looks absolutely furious and I can't wait to hear what he has to say... [B]Brock Lesnar:[/B] I've been in TNA for a month now, I've faced everyone who was set up against me and I've beaten them all, one by one. I am undefeated here in TNA and I want what I deserve, the TNA Heavyweight Championship. Kurt Angle, you have what I want and I'm not going to stop untill I get-- [COLOR="red"][I][FONT="Century Gothic"]Brock Lesnar is interrupted by Scott Steiner's theme music. "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner walks out into the iMPACT! Zone to a great response. He steps inside of the ring and stands toe-to-toe with Brock Lesnar. [/FONT][/I][/COLOR] [B]Scott Steiner:[/B] Brock Lesnar, I don't know who you think you are but I've been here wayy longer than you have been. I kicked Team 3D's ass, I've beat down Kurt Angle, you haven't done anything that I haven't already done. If anybody deserves a title show, it's me! [COLOR="red"][I][FONT="Century Gothic"]Steiner and Lesnar stare each other down but before they go blow for blow, Christian Cage's theme hits. The crowd boo's. Cage walks out to a sea of boo's. He steps inside of the ring and steps between these two huge superstars. [/FONT][/I][/COLOR] [B]Christian Cage:[/B] I was sitting in the back, listening to you two speak and I couldn't sit back any longer. You two think you deserve a TNA title shot?! Well guess what, I'm the only former TNA Champion standing in this ring. You two muscle brains wouldn't even know the first step to being a TNA Champion. [COLOR="red"][I][FONT="Century Gothic"]Brock Lesnar and Scott Steiner turn their aggression toward Christian Cage now. Cage backs off when Sting's theme hits. The crowd goes nuts. Sting walks out, potentialy saving Cage's life. Sting steps inside of the ring and grabs the microphone away from Cage. [/FONT][/I][/COLOR] [B]Sting:[/B] Did I just hear you say that you're the ONLY guy standing in this ring who's held the TNA title? Well guess what, NOT ANYMORE! If we're playing the history game, well then I deserve a title shot as much as anyone. [COLOR="red"][I][FONT="Century Gothic"]All 4 men are seconds away from coming to blows. They argue with each other. Luckily, before any damage can be done, Kurt Angle's theme hits. The TNA Heavyweight Champion, Kurt Angle, walks out in his suit. Angle struts down the ramp and steps inside of the ring. He gets inbetween all 4 men and seperates them. [/FONT][/I][/COLOR] [B]Kurt Angle[/B]: Gentlemen, you can stop arguing over who deserves a title shot because quite frankly, none of you deserve it. [COLOR="red"][I][FONT="Century Gothic"]Lesnar, Cage, Sting and Steiner get in Angle's face, about to beat him down when the champion starts back peddling. [/FONT][/I][/COLOR] [B]Kurt Angle[/B]: Whoa, whoa whoa, I said that none of you deserve a title shot as of right now. You're going to have to prove it just like everyone else had to do. So how about tonight, Brock Lesnar & Scott Steiner team up and take on Sting & Christian Cage in a tag team match, and I'll see who really deserves to face me at "Final Resolution". [COLOR="red"][I][FONT="Century Gothic"]Angle's theme hits. He heads back to the locker room as Scott Steiner, Brock Lesnar, Christian Cage & Sting all stare each other down inside of the ring. [/FONT][/I][/COLOR] [B]Mike Tenay[/B]: A tag team match between Brock Lesnar & Scott Steiner vs Christian Cage & Sting later tonight, I can't wait to see these four men collide. [B]Commercial Break[/B] [I]Commercial for "Final Resolution" airs, the commercial features quick clips of TNA in 2007. A long shot of Kurt Angle holding the TNA Championship ends the commercial. [/I] [IMG]http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/MACW07/tna/fr.jpg[/IMG] [B]TNA presents... "Final Resolution" Live, January, 20th 2008[/B] [COLOR="red"][FONT="Century Gothic"][I]TNA iMPACT! returns, panning over the iMPACT! Zone as the rowdy TNA fans chant "TNA!, TNA!". Fireworks explode from the top of the turnbuckle posts and enterance way.[/I][/FONT][/COLOR] [B]Mike Tenay[/B]: It's the first iMPACT! of 2008 and we have a jam packed show linned up for you tonight! We'll witness the first round of our quest to crown a brand new X-Division Champion! [B]Don West[/B]: You'll see AJ Styles vs Petey Williams, Alex Shelley vs Jay Lethal & Joey Mercury vs Sonjay Dutt!! [B]Mike Tenay:[/B] Also scheduled for tonight, a TNA Tag Team Championship match! [B]Don West[/B]: Team 3D are set to defend their titles against Rob Van Dam and a partner of his choosing! [B]Mike Tenay[/B]: We will also find out who has been appointed the new TNA commissioner! [COLOR="Red"][I][FONT="Century Gothic"]Cameras cut to backstage with Jeremy Borash and the L.A.X.[/FONT][/I][/COLOR] [B]Jeremy Borash[/B]: Jeremy Borash here backstage with the Latin American Xchange. Tonight, TNA starts their quest to crown a brand new TNA X-Division Champion with the first round of this month long tournament, however L.A.X. are unhappy that they have not been included thus far. [B]Homicide:[/B] You know a lot of hoes have been goin' around talkin' smack about us. But here we are, the few, the proud, L.A.X. We beat every tag team that was put in our way, we won the TNA Tag Team championship but yet we aren't good enough to be included in the X-Division Tournament?! We're sick of TNA trying to silence us! Our silence will come at a price! Because everyday the Latino nation grows stronger, prouder and more violent. And remember this, through hell or high water we will be in this tournament wether you like it or not. BRRRRAAAAAATTTT!! BRRRRAAATTTT!! [I][FONT="Century Gothic"][COLOR="red"]Cameras cut to the commissioners office. TNA's head security guard, Matt Morgan, is standing next to a man who's seated with his back toward the camera, you can't tell who it is. [/COLOR][/FONT][/I] [B]Matt Morgan[/B]: Commissioner, sir, are you ready to go out to the iMPACT! Zone? [I][FONT="Century Gothic"][COLOR="red"]A man with a southern accent responds. [/COLOR][/FONT][/I] [B]Commissioner[/B]: In due time...in due time... [B]Commercial Break[/B] [B]Matt Sydal... COMING SOON![/B] [COLOR="red"][SIZE="4"][IMG]http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/MACW07/tna/wrestlers/abyss.jpg[/IMG] vs [IMG]http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/MACW07/tna/wrestlers/giantbernard.jpg[/IMG] 1 Fall Singles Match [B]"The Monster" Abyss vs Giant Bernard[/SIZE][/COLOR] These two brutes collided in a hard hitting opening bout. Abyss had Bernard beat, calling for his Blackhole Slam, when Judas Mesias and "Father James Mitchell appear at the top of the entrance ramp. Abyss turns his attention toward the top of the ramp allowing Bernard to hit him with a Bicycle Kick out of nowhere. Giant Bernard covered The Monster for the 3 count.[/B] [SIZE="4"][B][COLOR="Red"]Winner: Giant Bernard (7:47) C-[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE] [I][COLOR="red"]Backstage, Jackie Moore and James Storm are arguing. [/COLOR][/I] [B]Jackie Moore[/B]: Listen, I'm sick of you always losing. If you're going to wan't my assistance than you're going to have to earn it tonight...on you're own. [I][COLOR="red"]Jackie Moore storms off leaving James Storm a frusterated mess. [/COLOR][/I] [B]Commercial Break[/B] [SIZE="4"][COLOR="red"][B][IMG]http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/MACW07/tna/wrestlers/andrewmartin.jpg[/IMG] vs [IMG]http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/MACW07/tna/wrestlers/jamesstorm.jpg[/IMG] 1 Fall Singles Match Andrew "The Punisher" Martin vs "Cowboy" James Storm[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] [B]James Storm ambushes Andrew Martin from behind before the bell could sound to officaly start the match. It isn't long untill Martin mounts a comeback. "The Punisher" dominates and beats Storm with a Big Boot. [/B] [B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="red"]Winner: Andrew "The Punisher" Martin (7:39) D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [I][COLOR="red"]After the match, Jackie Moore walks out and starts talking trash at James Storm. Storm has finally had enough and grabs Jackie by the back of her hair. The crowd errupts. Unfortunately, Moore kicks Storm low, dropping him to his knees. Jackie Moore leaves James Storm humiliated inside of the ring.[/COLOR][/I] [B]Commercial Break[/B] [B]Don West[/B]: For weeks we have been looking forward to the revival of the X-Division. And we're just seconds away from kicking the revival off with the first round of our championship tournament. [B]Mike Tenay[/B]: The X-Division has been a staple of our product since the very begining. Let's take a look at an "introduction" video of TNA's X-Divison. [B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"][IMG]http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/MACW07/tna/wrestlers/alexshelley.jpg[/IMG] vs [IMG]http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/MACW07/tna/wrestlers/jaylethal.jpg[/IMG] First Round of the X-Division Championship Alex Shelley vs "Black Machismo" Jay Lethal[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [B]Alex Shelley out-wrestles Lethal, placing in hold after hold. Lethal fights back but quickly gets knocked out by a knee lift. Shelley attempts a neckbreaker, Lethal counters it and nails him with a Face Buster to his knee followed by a quick Clothesline. Jay Lethal climbs to the top rope and finishes things off with a Top Rope Elbow Drop.[/B] [SIZE="4"][B][COLOR="red"]Winner: "Black Machismo" Jay Lethal (15:07) C-[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE] [I][COLOR="red"]Leticia Cline is backstage with "Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels.[/COLOR][/I] [B]Leticia Cline[/B]: It's just been announced on "TNA Mobile" that you have officaly been added to the X-Division Tournament and will fight in the first round next week on iMPACT! What are your feelings getting inducted into this tournament? [B]Christopher Daniels[/B]:.... [I][COLOR="red"]L.A.X. walk in and interrupt. [/COLOR][/I] [B]Homicide[/B]: What? We came out here and demanded to be in this tournament and this guy gets in it? This is bigotry, this is ignorance, this is unbelievable!! [B]Christopher Daniels[/B]: Haven't you thought that maybe the reason that you weren't included in this tournament is because you two absolutely suck?! [COLOR="red"][I]Homicide is outraged. Hernandez steps inbetween the two and punches Daniels across the face. L.A.X. double team the "Fallen Angel" untill backstage assistance run out and help Daniels before any damage could be done. [/I][/COLOR] [B]Commercial Break[/B] [B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="red"][IMG]http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/MACW07/tna/wrestlers/joeymercury.jpg[/IMG] vs [IMG]http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/MACW07/tna/wrestlers/sonjaydutt.jpg[/IMG] First Round of the X-Division Championship Joey Mercury vs Sonjay Dutt[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [B]Mercury and Dutt wrestle at a super fast pace. Dutt amazes everyone with his skill and agility, taking Mercury off of his game. Sonjay misses a Phoenix Star Press then gets nailed by Mercury's Virginia's Necktie. Mercury covers him for the 3 count. [/B] [B][COLOR="red"][SIZE="4"]Winner: Joey Mercury (15:22) C[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B] [I][COLOR="Red"]A video package re-caping Judas Mesias' stay in TNA airs. It starts off with his debut in October, when he attacked Abyss during one of his matches. The video goes onto running down the list of victims to lose by the hand of Mesias. Then it wraps up by showing clips of Mesias' match against Abyss in December which lead to a No Contest.[/COLOR][/I] [B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="red"][IMG]http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/MACW07/tna/wrestlers/rhino.jpg[/IMG] vs [IMG]http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/MACW07/tna/wrestlers/judasmesias.jpg[/IMG] w/[IMG]http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/MACW07/tna/wrestlers/jamesmitchell.jpg[/IMG] "War Machine" Rhino vs Judas Mesias accompanied by "Father" James Mitchell[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [B]This match was another hard hitting matchup. Rhino plowed through Mesias like nobody in TNA has done before. Rhino misses a GORE and gets thrown into the metal turnbuckle, hurting his shoulder. Mesias dominates the rest of the match. Before Judas Mesias can end things, Abyss runs out and attacks him. The referee calls for the DQ.[/B] [B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="red"]Winner: Judas Mesias by Disqualification (7:38) C-[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [I][COLOR="red"]Abyss and Judas Mesias continue brawling untill Giant Bernard runs out and attacks "The Monster" from behind. Bernard and Mesias double team Abyss untill Rhino joins in and even things up. Abyss and Rhino toss Giant Bernard and Judas Mesias to the outside, cleaning house. iMPACT! goes to a commercial break as Rhino, Abyss, Giant Bernard and Judas Mesias stare each other down. [/COLOR][/I] [B]Commercial Break[/B] [B][COLOR="red"][SIZE="4"][IMG]http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/MACW07/tna/wrestlers/brotherray.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/MACW07/tna/wrestlers/brotherdevon.jpg[/IMG] vs [IMG]http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/MACW07/tna/wrestlers/robvandam.jpg[/IMG] TNA Tag Team Championship Match Team 3D(c) vs "Mr. Monday Night" Rob Van Dam & ?? ??[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B] [B]RVD walks out alone. Team 3D attack him before his tag team partner could be announced. Team 3D double team "Mr. Monday Night", brawling all over ringside. RVD quickly gets busted open. Team 3D sets up a table in the center of the ring and calls for the 3D when suddenly the arena's lights go out. When the lights come back on, RVD's chosen tag team partner, the "Suicidal, Homicidal, Genocidal" Sabu is standing in the middle of the ring. Sabu and RVD get some offense in on Team 3D. They set up Devon ontop of the table and hit a top rope Legdrop/5 Star Frog Splash combo. The crowd errupts. [/B] [B][COLOR="red"][SIZE="4"]No Contest (9:53) D[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B] [B]Commercial Break [/B] [SIZE="4"][COLOR="red"][B][IMG]http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/MACW07/tna/wrestlers/peteywilliams.jpg[/IMG] vs [IMG]http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/MACW07/tna/wrestlers/ajstyles.jpg[/IMG] First Round of the X-Division Championship "The Canadian Destroyer" Petey Williams vs "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR] [B]The match started off with some slow mat wrestling. It quickly builds up to back and forth high flying action. Petey gets tossed to the outside, giving Styles enough time to get a No Hands Halo to the outside. Back in the ring, Styles attempts the Styles Clash but Petey counters it into a Hurricanrana. Petey sets Styles on the top rope and signals for a Top Rope Canadian Destroyer. Styles backdrops Petey off of the top rope and to the middle of the ring. AJ Styles manages to nail his Spinal Tap on a laid out Petey Williams. That was enough for the 3 count. [/B] [B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="red"]Winner: "Phenomenal" AJ Styles (19:58) C[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [I][COLOR="red"]Backstage, Kurt Angle makes his way towards the iMPACT! zone for our tag team main event match. [/COLOR][/I] [B]Commercial Break[/B] [I][COLOR="red"]When iMPACT! returns, Kurt Angle is sitting at the announcers table alongside Don West and Mike Tenay. [/COLOR][/I] [COLOR="red"][SIZE="4"][B][IMG]http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/MACW07/tna/wrestlers/brocklesnar.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/MACW07/tna/wrestlers/scottsteiner.jpg[/IMG] vs [IMG]http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/MACW07/tna/wrestlers/sting.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/MACW07/tna/wrestlers/christiancage.jpg[/IMG] Tag Team Main Event Match Brock Lesnar & "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner vs Sting & "Captain Charisma" Christian Cage[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR] [B]Christin refuses to get inside of the ring and forces Sting to the his dirty work for him. Steiner and Sting wrestle back and forth, countering each others holds. Steiner tags out to Lesnar but when Sting attempts to tag out to Cage, he jumps off of the apron. Brock Lesnar dominates Sting, due to him probably being tired. Lesnar tosses Sting into Christain, and the referee signals that it was a tag. Brock Lesnar tosses Christian inside of the ring the hard way and knocks him down with a chain of Clotheslines. Steiner and Lesnar double team Christian untill Cage eyerakes Brock Lesnar. Christian uses some under handed tatics to keep Lesnar down, including chokes, backrakes, using the ring ropes to choke him out and raming his head into the turnbuckle. Sting finally gets fed up, watching Cage cheat, and argues with his partner. Cage's attention turns towards Sting, allowing Lesnar to tag out to Steiner. Scott Steiner nails Cage with an Overhead Belly-to-Belly Suplex then applies his Camel Clutch. Cage taps out. [/B] [B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="red"]Winners: "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner & Brock Lesnar (19:32) D+ [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [I][COLOR="red"]Kurt Angle grabs a microphone staying clear from the ring and the 4 wrestlers inside of the ring. [/COLOR][/I] [B]Kurt Angle:[/B] Good job! Well I watched the match and finally came to a conclusion on who deserves a title shot....NOBODY! That's right. None of you showed me any reason why I should-- [I][COLOR="Red"]Jeff Jarrett's theme hits. He walks out in a suit and tie along with Matt Morgan. The crowd seems confused. Jarrett steps inside of the ring, in the middle of all 4 men.[/COLOR][/I] [B]Jeff Jarrett:[/B] It's been a long, long time...but I'm baack!! TNA has been out of control lately, ever since we lost our past commissioner it seems that the inmates are running the yard. So when Dixie Carter came to me and asked if I wanted to be the next TNA Commissioner...I had to jump on it! [I][COLOR="red"]The crowd is lukewarm about the announcement.[/COLOR][/I] [B]Jeff Jarrett:[/B] A lot of things are gonna be different around here, from now on. First off, next week on iMPACT! we're putting an end on the controversary on who should be the #1 Contender. We're going to have ourselves a 4-Way Elimination #1 Contendership between Scott Steiner, Brock Lesnar, Christian Cage & Sting! [I][COLOR="red"]The crowd errupts. They are getting warmed up to the idea of Jarrett being in charge. Kurt Angle takes a fit outside. The TNA Champion is obviously upset over the announcement.[/COLOR][/I] [B]Jeff Jarrett:[/B] So slappy(turning his attention towards Angle), you better keep an eye out for these 4, because you got a date with one of these guys at "Final Resolution"! [I][COLOR="red"]TNA iMPACT! goes off the air with Kurt Angle storming to the back.[/COLOR][/I] [/CENTER]

• 2 weeks later...
[CENTER][B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]TNA Today[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B] [B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]January 8th, 2008[/FONT][/B] [I]TNA Today" is brought to you by "Hot Topic", the hottest and latest TNA T-Shirts are now available at Hot Topic stores nationwide. And now your host, Jeremy Borash.[/I] [B]Jeremy Borash[/B]: This is Jeremy Borash and we're live at the iMPACT! Zone just seconds after Jeff Jarrett made his TNA return and announced himself as the brand new Commissioner! [I]Kurt Angle is seen walking up the enterance ramp, where Jeremy Borash is located. He looks to be very angry.[/I] [B]Jeremy Borash[/B]: TNA Heavyweight champion, Kurt Angle, is making his way up the ramp. Kurt Angle, how do you feel about Jeff Jarrett being the new commissioner? [B]Kurt Angle[/B]: If Jeff Jarrett wants to return and try to stack the odds against me then that's fine. You can give the entire TNA roster a #1 contendership match, I really don't care! The truth of the matter is this, no matter who comes out as the #1 contender, I will wrestle them and snap their freakin' ankle. And that's Real, that's Damn Real! [I]The TNA Champion storms off towards the backstage area. [/I] [B]Jeremy Borash:[/B] Well TNA has certainly kicked off the new years with a bang. I can't wait for next week's iMPACT! Already announced, a 4-way elimination #1 Contendership match, Sting vs Christian Cage vs Brock Lesnar vs Scott Steiner. We'll see ya next week!! [I]Commercial for "Final Resolution" airs, the commercial features quick clips of TNA in 2007. A long shot of Kurt Angle holding the TNA Championship ends the commercial. [/I] [B]TNA presents... "Final Resolution" Live, January, 20th 2008[/B][/CENTER]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][CENTER][B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]TNA Today[/COLOR][/SIZE] January 9th, 2008[/B] [I]This is "TNA Today", the most viewed daily internet program in the world.[/I] [B]Jeremy Borash[/B]: Welcome to another edition of "TNA Today". Our guest for the show today, the brand new TNA Commissioner, Jeff Jarrett. [I]"TNA Today" is sponsered by "TNA Mobile", get TNA Wallpapers, ringtones and the most exclusive TNA news straight to your cell phone. Text TNA to 7600 for a free 3 month trail.[/I] [B]Jeremy Borash[/B]: He's a former TNA Heavyweight Champion and the King of the Mountain but recently he shocked everyone by revealing himself as the new TNA Commissioner, Jeff Jarrett joins us on the show tonight. Mr. Jarrett, it's an honor... [B]Jeff Jarrett[/B]: The honor's all mine. [B]Jeremy Borash:[/B] As you said on iMPACT! a lot of things has happened within the company since we last saw you, what are you going to do now that you have the power to change things? [B]Jeff Jarrett[/B]: Well, first things first, we need a #1 Contender so next week on Monday night iMPACT! we're going to finally determine who deserves a title shot in a 4-way elimination match. [B]Jeremy Borash[/B]: That's right. A 4-Way Elimination match between Brock Lesnar, Scott Steiner, Sting & Christian Cage, truthfully it's a Pay-Per-View quality matchup. [B]Jeff Jarrett[/B]: It indeed is. [B]Jeremy Borash[/B]: Now I know you're the Commissioner and you can't be bias, but between you and me, who do you think will walk out of Universal Studios next week as the #1 Contender? [B]Jeff Jarrett[/B]: All 4 men are great. It's really too close to call. [B]Jeremy Borash:[/B] Fair enough. [B]Jeff Jarrett[/B]: But that's not all I'm looking to change. I watched iMPACT! and I heard LAX's plead to get on the X-Division Tournament. So to show that TNA doesn't discriminate against anyone, I've decided to add them to the tournament. In fact, they'll both be featured in first round matches next week on iMPACT! Hernandez will go one-on-one against "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels. while Homicide will get to compete against a man he's very fimiliar with, inside and outside of TNA, Senshi. [B]Jeremy Borash[/B]: Wow. You heard it here first on TNA Today! Thank you for joining us and we can't wait to see the changes you have in store for us. [B]Jeff Jarrett[/B]: Not a problem... [I]A commercial promoting TNA's return to Detroit, Michigan airs. TNA stars like Rhino, Kurt Angle, AJ Styles, RVD and Christian Cage are shown. [/I] [B]TNA returns to Detroit, Michigan, January 26th 2008 Tickets are available now![/B] [B]Jeremy Borash[/B]: TNA's iMPACT! is already shaping up to be a historic live event. Already scheduled for Monday night... a 4-Way Elimination #1 Contendership match, Scott Steiner vs Brock Lesnar vs Christian Cage vs Sting. The X-Division Tournament continues, Hernandez vs "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels, Senshi vs Homicide. Don't you dare miss out on all of the action! [B]Matt Sydal... COMING SOON![/B] [/CENTER][/FONT]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]Pro Wrestling News (dot) Com[/SIZE][/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"]-Monday Night Wars Ratings[/COLOR][/B] The ratings are in for the first Monday Night War of 2008. [B][COLOR="red"]WWE RAW drew a 18.99[/COLOR][/B] while [B][COLOR="blue"]TNA iMPACT! drew a 5.95[/COLOR][/B] WWE continues to lead in the ratings wars. [/CENTER]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][CENTER][B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]TNA Today[/COLOR][/SIZE] January 11th, 2008[/B] [I]This is "TNA Today", the most viewed daily internet program in the world.[/I] [B]Jeremy Borash[/B]: Welcome to another great edition of "TNA Today". Our guests today, "Miss Texas" Jackie Moore and former TNA Tag Team Champion, "Cowboy" James Storm. [I]"TNA Today" is brought to you by "Marvel Toys", with a full line of TNA action figures now available at Target stores nation wide. [/I] [B]Jeremy Borash:[/B] Two of the toughest TNA Superstars and guess what, they're both from Texas. Thank you for joining us Miss Moore...James Storm. [B]James Storm[/B]: It's no problem. We're thankf- [B]Jackie Moore[/B]: Don'tcha speak for me. If I wanna thank the man, then I'll thank him myself. [B]James Storm:[/B] Argh... [B]Jeremy Borash[/B]: Lately, we've seen a bit of a tear between you two. Can you tell us what's going on between the both of you? [B]James Storm[/B]: Well- [B]Jackie Moore:[/B] It's like this. I'm sick of takin' care of his sorry ass. If he wants me around then he'll start winning some matches and bring home some extra money. [B]James Storm[/B]: Is that all you care about? Money? [B]Jackie Moore:[/B] Boy don'tcha talk back to me like that. My momma don't even talk back to me like that. [B]Jeremy Borash[/B]: Last week on iMPACT! you suffered a loss againt Andrew "Punisher" Martin, who will you be facing this week in order to try to get Miss Moore back on your good side? [B]James Storm[/B]: I requested a very special match against a very special opponent. I'm working hard, trying to win Jackie's trust back. [B]Jackie Moore[/B]: Oh pleaaase-you requested a match against Sharkboy! I swear, if you lose that match, I'm gonna whoop you boy! [B]Jeremy Borash[/B]: Good luck against Sharkboy this Monday night and thank you both for joining us today. [I]Commercial for "Final Resolution" airs, the commercial features quick clips of TNA in 2007. A long shot of Kurt Angle holding the TNA Championship ends the commercial. [/I] [B]TNA presents... "Final Resolution" Live, January, 20th 2008[/B] [B]Jeremy Borash[/B]: If you haven't got TNA Mobile, I suggest everyone getting it right now. Just moments ago, I got a TNA Mobile text informing me of the final X-Division Tournament match for this weeks iMPACT! Eric Young will take on Chris Sabin in the First Round of the Tournament this week. Also scheduled for the first round, "Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels vs Hernandez & Homicide vs Senshi. We'll also see a #1 Contendership match between Scott Steiner, Brock Lesnar, Sting & Christian Cage. TNA iMPACT! Monday night, 9:00pm est, on Spike TV!! [I] A commercial promoting TNA's return to Detroit, Michigan airs. TNA stars like Rhino, Kurt Angle, AJ Styles, RVD and Christian Cage are shown. [/I] [B]TNA returns to Detroit, Michigan, January 26th 2008 Tickets are available now![/B] [/CENTER][/FONT]

Archived