What did you think of tonights ECW?

weirdo_man

[QUOTE=weirdo_man;287989]So I didn't actually watch the show cause the Cubs were on, but I caught the main event and I was very impressed. It seems that ECW gets to do some wrestling instead of entertainment now, but I don't know how the total makeup of the show goes.[/QUOTE] Bassically, they are more action, less talk. I've been watching them almost religiously since Paul Heyman left, and it's my prefered of the three brands. This show had four match's. The first one was the "Flashy Entertainment" stuff, with Boogeyman and Big Daddy V (although was supposed to be "Your Teacher", but V intervened and Boogey caught the win by disqualification). Matt Stryker brought out Big Daddy V in the first place to get on Boogeyman. Boogeyman hasn't had the upper hand since. Then we had Balls vs. the Miz, and Miz won. There is a little story with it. The Miz claims that the Woman love him and the men FEAR him. The only woman are Extreme Expose, and it looks like Kelly Kelly has a thing with Balls. They've been flirting with them for a few weeks now, Kelly Kelly always looking concerned for Balls, Balls gets a childish grin everytime he see's her, etc. Miz and the other's call Balls a "L" oser. Then we have the ongoing Little Stevie vs. that Vampire guy (which I like his gimmick alot, I think it could be really expanded on). This time with a tag team match with Stevie and Tommy Dreamer vs. Vampire guy and Elijah Burke. Then of course the finale match. All four of these have been ongoing storylines, but mostly told inside the ring, rather then with interviews and stuff. Their was two interviews concerning Stevie and the Vampire guy. First time was with Stevie "Looks like you have his number Stevie!" then the Vampire attacks him before he can answer... Then turn about with the Vampire being interviewed the next week, and Stevie jumpin' him. Out of the three brands, ECW is my personal favorite for ring action and ... Less talk more action, I guess you could say. Four match's in one hour. Only one of them was less then 10 minutes.

i really liked the build up montages that were shown for the main event. i was pumped when it started! solid match and was stoked at the finish. and WOW that was a crazy split legged moonsault that morrison pulled off. he can be very impressive in the ring. CM Punk is quickly becoming one of my favorite workers.

[B][U]Finally Punk is ECW Champ![/U][/B] I thought it was a really good show. As mentioned in the first post, the matches were given enought time to tell the story without a ton of stupid segments. - Boogyman vs Big Daddy V could be interesting just because of their characters - Stevie & Tommy vs Elijah & Thorn was really just a continuation of New vs Original (this story needs some way to be freshened up) - Miz w/ Extreme Expose -- I do not like this idea at all; how many times have we seen the whole Beauty and The Beast storyline (Lillian/Viscera, Lita/Kane, Torrie/Kenzo, Steph/Undertaker, et all)? - Punk with the title is great, however I am concerned with who he will defend against....please no Miz, i guess Big Daddy would be OK, Elijah might be fun, but my favorite idea would involve whatever turns are needed and a fued with either Dreamer or Sandman (and I have to admit I am actually kind of warming up to the John Morrison gimmick).

Just when Morrison was starting to grow on me, he gets suspended. Hopefully it's just for 30 and he gets off the juice. Morrison/Punk was needing a small break and I imagine we will have Punk/??? for 2 or 3 months. Then John can re-enter the Main Event scene.

Gotta agree, the punk morrison match was some of the best action the E has put on in a while. The thing with punk for me is he's just portrayed as a normal dude... i love that sort of gimmick. I hate the morrison gimmick with a passion, but he always puts on a pretty good show in the ring. I hope he cleans up because he doesn't need to be doped up to get over. And the thorn thing, he has potential but the writers dont really seem to know how to let him go with it. ecw really needs some more talent. I would really love to see some indy guys put on that roster, and just let them tear a*s.

[QUOTE=brat99;288324]just saw a post over at rajahwwe.com speculating that Punk will hold the title until Morrison comes back and then drop it back to him....... if true that really stinks![/QUOTE] I don't know. If Morrison can keep clean... He does seem to be a legitimate threat. Pluss, I see Punk going to bigger and better things down the line. To me... The ECW World title is similar to having the US title or the Intercontinental title. Great for Punk or Morrison at this time, but as soon as ECW's title get's that huge prestige, Morrison will probably get left behind (or moved to a promotion where he can hold a midcard title). I always think on par with MVP's and Jeff Hardy's title. Right now, I would have a hard time believing a John Morrison victory over either of those two. I wouldn't have as hard a time believing a CM Punk victory over them though.

Guest The Aussie
I'm indifferent to CM Punks title win. All these reports about Morrison probably winning the title back when he comes back has turned me off of Punk holding the title. Morrison botches way too many moves in the ring for me to really take seriously (As someone said earlier, Springboarding is his kryptonite).

[QUOTE=The Aussie;288420]I'm indifferent to CM Punks title win. All these reports about Morrison probably winning the title back when he comes back has turned me off of Punk holding the title. Morrison botches way too many moves in the ring for me to really take seriously (As someone said earlier, Springboarding is his kryptonite).[/QUOTE] I'm no Morrison fan either... However, it's more entertaining to have the good guy going after the gold, then to have him defending it-----> See John Cena. Nothing is 100% though. If ECW's ratings start shooting up with Punk having the title, then decline when/if Morrison get's it back... They won't keep it on him... Unless they don't want the show to be "Too" successfull... Which I don't see anyone in their right mind trying to influence ratings to stay at a certain area... but we are talking about the WWE.

Archived