In the Beginning: Organic Mod

Right up front, I'm not sure how far this can/will go, but I'm willing to give it a shot. Although I might have overlooked one, I didn't see any dynasty reports using the Realworld Organic mod available in this thread [url]http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26114[/url] If you aren't familiar with it, take a look at the thread to get the idea & then come back over here, I'll wait ;)

I'm playing hands-off at least for a while, we'll just have to see how long that lasts. My initial thought is to stay out of it until at least one promotion opens in the Southeastern US, but depending upon my mood, I might hold off even longer. The mod begins in January 1926, with one promotion - Pacific Northwest Wrestling (PNW) - and two workers: Herb Owen, the owner & head booker of PNW and Jim Crockett, who is quickly as a color commentator for the company. New wrestler generation is set to high, I've left workers restricted to their available regions, which meant it took 15 months for enough workers to become available for PNW to hold their first show in March 1927. But before that can happen, Herb Owen had to build himself a staff & a roster.

The first hiring, in early January 1926, was the aforementioned Jim Crockett, who would become the color commentator for PNW. At age 26, he seems to have a good head for the fledgling business and although he's not much of a talker right now, he's someone that Owen wanted on board. One week later, a 20 year old youngster named Hector Maxx is hired as an announcer for the company's future. At the same time another fuzzy cheeked kid, Harvey Patterson, becomes the next employee and his handed a striped shirt. In February, the first competitor comes on board the PNW ship. 20 year old Preston Holt in an American middleweight with a puroresu style. Not a great athlete nor is he the best looking guy in the world, but there's something about him, he's got a certain charisma and everybody seems to like the guy. 24 hours later, little Canadian Leroy Crane, who thinks he can fly & is determined to convince everyone else of it too, becomes the second member of the roster. Over the weeks and months that follow, one by one the athletes begin to come together. -- 19 y/o American HW Technician Ricky Wilkes, who looks like a star -- 20 y/o American Puroresu HW Alvin Cronin, who shakes hands & kisses babies -- 21 y/o American LW spot monkey Rafael Bailey, who belongs on a stage as much as a ring -- 20 y/o Canadian MW technician Leslie Bach, who might be great in the ring [i]and[/i] with the fans someday -- 20 y/o American MW Jessie Crane, just an all-around kid who never seems to be happy in spite of his opportunity -- 19 y/o Mexican MW who calls himself El Mago -- 21 y/o Canadian LW technician Carl Backlund who wants to be the PM of his native land someday -- 19 y/o American HW puroresu styled Elmer Aroma who doesn't seem real happy to be here (or anywhere) but helps fill out the target number of ten men willing to call themselves wrestlers. 10 wrestlers, a staff, a dive called Club X, all that's left now is to find out if anyone will watch.

I'll certainly do my best to make it interesting, but I guess I owe the readers fair warning that I'm not much of a storyteller when it comes to dynasties. By that I mean it's highly unlikely you'll see any scripted interviews generated by my fevered imagination or anything like that. I've always been about results & outcomes when I play pretty much anything & TEW isn't an exception to that. But even moreso than usual I really believe the most interesting part of working with this mod will be in seeing how things develop in a universe with so little etched in stone. Plus at this stage of the universe, with a single promotion running a single show per month, it's kind of tough not to get into a cycle of lather-rinse-repeat in terms of giving accounts of events. Still (since I'm right now about a year & half beyond what you've seen so far) there's a certain amount of anticipation building for me at least. Wondering about the opening of a second promotion, wondering when/if another part of the world will see a promotion open up, wondering about people leaving even when there's currently nowhere else to go. And from a TEW standpoint, I suspect I'll learn a thing or two from watching the AI perform in a near-vacuum. I'll also break out of results/highlights mode from time to time, breaking kayfabe if you will, in order to mention some of the things that I notice in the rest of the world as time goes on. Also I'll try to let you know if I tweak anything (so far only one thing which I believe will prove very minor but I was curious to find out about that, I'll explain in a few posts down the line). And then there's the whole issue of when/if I'll become actively involved in a promotion myself. I'd like to think I could keep hands off and roll all the way through to the current day or even beyond, but I suspect that at least some people could relate to the itch that comes along to be more than just an observer at some point. Probably the last bit of fair warning I should give is that I have absolutely no timetable whatsoever for this project. I started it tonight because I had been intrigued by the idea since I first saw it mentioned on the mod forum. With some real life things going on right now, I wasn't in the mood to do much in the weigh of mental heavy lifting tonight so I thought this was a great opportunity to give this a try. If nothing else, I liked the concept so much that I felt like it at least deserved the attempt and that the attempt should be shared. Who knows, maybe someone else will be similarly inspired by this. In any event, if you're still around, thanks for reading.

[B]Saturday, Week 1, March 1927[/B] PNW Destructive Appetite Club X (US NW) Attendance: 202 Leroy Crane d. El Mago (Rating E-) Wilkes & Bailey d. Holt & Aroma (Rating E) Alvin Cronin d. Leslie Bach for the PNW Heavyweight Title (Rating E) [COLOR="Red"]Show Rating: E (for effort)[/COLOR] So that's what this "professional wrestling" stuff looks like. One show down, one champ crowned, and only four people fainted from the level of violence on display (or did they pass out from the cheap booze?) What the heck, let's play two. [i]Transactions -- Bailey, Crockett, Maxx, and Patterson all extend their deals with PNW[/i] [B]Monday, Week 1, April 1927[/B] PNW Stormy Weather Club X (US NW) Attendance: 185 Backlund & Crane d. Mago & Crane for the PNW National Tag Titles (Rtg E-) Rafael Bailey d. Elmer Aroma (Rtg E) Alvin Cronin d. Ricky Wilkes to retain the PNW Heavyweight Title (Rtg E) [COLOR="Red"]Show Rating: E[/COLOR] [SIZE="5"]PNW RISES TO SMALL SIZE [/SIZE]

[i]Transactions [U]Week 1 April 1927[/U] -- Signed 18 y/o Adam Watson, American HW Puroresu graduate of the New York School of Greco-Roman Wrestling -- Signed 20 y/o Jeff Walker, Canadian Small Spot Monkey [U]Week 3 April 1927[/U] -- Preston Holt & Leroy Crane extend their deals with PNW[/i] [B]Saturday, Week 1, May 1927[/B] PNW On The Edge Club X (US NW) Attendance: 248 Preston Holt d. Carl Backlund (Rating E) Adam Watson d. Leslie Bach for the PNW Top Contender Title (Rating E) Wilkes & L.Crane went to a double countout with Mago & Aroma (Rating E-) Alvin Cronin d. Rafael Bailey to retain the PNW Heavyweight Title (Rating E+) [COLOR="Red"]Show Rating: E [/COLOR] [B]Friday, Week 1, June 1927[/B] PNW Hot In The Shade Club X (US NW) Attendance: 241 Preston Holt d. Jeff Walker (Rating E) Adam Watson d. Leroy Crane (Rating E) Alvin Cronin d. Ricky Wilkes to retain the PNW Heavyweight Title (Rating E) Bailey & Bach d. Team Maestro (Backlund & J.Crane) (Rating E) [COLOR="Red"]Show Rating: E[/COLOR]

[I][U]July Transactions:[/U] -- Signed 18 y/o Jason Hall, a Large HW Brawler from Canada -- Signed 20 y/o Edwin Hall, a MW Puroresu from the United States who trained at the All Pro Wrestling Boot Camp -- Ricky Wilkes extends deal with PNW -- Leslie Bach & Jessie Crane extend deals with PNW[/I] [B]Thursday, Week 3, July 1927[/B] PNW Forsaken Club X (US NW) Attendance: 252 Carl Backlund d. Jeff Walker (Rating E) Leslie Bach d. Jessie Crane (Rating E) Leroy Crane went to a time limit draw with Elmer Aroma (Rating E) Adam Watson d. Leslie Bach for the PNW Top Contender Title (Rating E) Alvin Cronin d. Adam Watson to retain the PNW Heavyweight Title (Rating E+) Wilkes & E.Hall d. Bailey & Holt (Rating E) [COLOR="Red"]Show Rating: E [/COLOR] [I][U]August Transactions:[/U] -- Signed 19 y/o Jesus Rude, an American MW technician who was trained at the All Pro Wrestling Boot Camp -- Alvin Cronin extends deal with PNW[/I] [B]Sunday, Week 2, August 1927[/B] PNW Last Gasp Club X (US NW) Attendance: 257 El Mago d. Carl Backlund (Rating E) Elmer Aroma d. Jeff Walker (Rating E) Adam Watson d. Jessie Crane to retain the PNW Top Contender Title (Rtg E+) Preston Holt went to a double countout with Leslie Bach (Rating E) Rude & L.Crane d. Hall & Bailey (Rating E+) Alvin Cronin d. Ricky Wilkes to retain the PNW Heavyweight Title (Rating E) [COLOR="Red"]Show Rating: E[/COLOR]

[I][U]September Transactions:[/U] -- El Mago, Carl Backland, and Elmer Aroma all extend deals with PNW[/I] [B]Saturday, Week 3, September 1927[/B] PNW Lost Cause Club X (US NW) Attendance: 204 El Mago d. Jeff Walker (Rating E) Jesus Rude d. Leslie Bach (Rating E) Adam Watson d. Elmer Aroma to retain the PNW Top Cont. Title (Rating E) Ricky Wilkes d. Preston Holt (Rating E) Bailey & L.Crane d. Team Maestro (Backland & J.Crane) (Rating E+) Alvin Cronin went to double countout with Edwin Hall to retain the PNW Heavyweight Title (Rating E+) [COLOR="Red"]Show Rating: E+[/COLOR] [I][U]More September Transactions:[/U] -- Announcer Hector Maxx failed a steroid test (This is his third failure since March 1926)[/I] [B]Monday, Week 1, October 1927[/B] PNW Fist of Rage Club X (US NW) Attendance: 223 El Mago d. Jeff Walker (Rating E) Elmer Aroma d. Leslie Bach (Rating E) Watson & J.Crane d. Team Maestro for the PNW National Tag Titles (Rtg E+) Alvin Cronin d. Edwin Hall to retain the PNW Heavyweight Title (Rtg E+) Bailey & Wilkes d. Rude & Holt (Rtg E+) [COLOR="Red"]Show Rating: E+[/COLOR] [I][U]October Transactions:[/U] -- Signed 19 y/o Keiki Tenshin, a Japanese MW -- Rafael Bailey, Hector Maxx, and Harvey Patterson extend deals with PNW [/I]

[B]Monday, Week 1, November 1927[/B] PNW Ravenous Club X (US NW) Attendance: 239 Leslie Bach d. El Mago (Rating E) Leroy Crane d. Carl Backlund (Rating E+) Ricky Wilkes d. Jessie Crane (Rating E+) Elmer Aroma d. Jeff Walker (Rating E) Adam Watson d. Preston Holt to retain the PNW Top Cont. Title (Rating D-) Jesse Rude d. Edwin Hall (Rating E+) Alvin Cronin defeated Rafael Bailey to retain the PNW Heavyweight Title (Rating E+) [COLOR="Red"]Show Rating: E+[/COLOR] [I][U]November Transactions:[/U] -- Adam Watson, Preston Holt, and Leroy Crane extend deals with PNW -- Signed 19 y/o El Frio de Piedra, a Mexican MW Puroresu -- El Mago suffers a Semi-Severed Spinal Column, will miss nearly 13 months -- [B]Jim Crockett leaves PNW[/b][/i] [I][U]December Transactions:[/U] -- Jeff Walker leaves PNW[/i] [B]Monday, Week 2, December 1927[/B] PNW Rest In Peace Club X (US NW) Attendance: 300 (Sell Out!) Adam Watson d. Carl Backlund to retain the PNW Top Cont. Title (Rtg E+) Leslie Bach d. Jason Hall (Rtg E) Jessie Crane d. Leroy Crane (Rtg E+) Preston Holt d. El Frio de Piedra (Rtg E) Alvin Cronin d. Rafael Bailey to retain the PNW Heavyweight Title (Rtg E+) Wilkes & E. Hall d. Rude & Aroma (Rtg E) [COLOR="Red"]Show Rating: E+[/COLOR] [i]More December Transactions -- Signed 20 y/o Stanley Dahl, an American LW Technician[/i]

[B]1927 End of Year Awards[/B] Wrestler of the Year -- Alvin Cronin Young Wrestler of the Year -- Adam Watson Veteran Wrestler of the Year -- not presented Female Wrestler of the Year -- not presented Promotion of the Year -- Pacific Northwest Wrestling (2) Most Improved Promotion -- Pacific Northwest Wrestling Match of the Year -- Adam Watson d. Preston Holt at PNW Ravenous (D-) Card of the Year -- PNW Ravenous, November 1927 Not much in the way of surprises here, since there's only one promotion, some of the awards were more than a little obvious. Same really with the individual honors. Also, the Top 100 Wrestlers list was not presented since there were nowhere near 100 wrestlers competing during the year.

[b]1927 PNW Review[/b] Most importantly, PNW is still in business. Popularity has risen to 16.3% in the US Northwest and the company rose to Small size. Prestige is now 25.3%,with $202,292 in the bank. The product remains Key Feature: Traditional and Heavy: Mainstream & Pure [U]Titles:[/U] PNW Heavyweight Title -- Alvin Cronin won it first and has kept it through 9 defenses and counting. PNW National Tag Titles -- The Maestros (Carl Backlund & Jessie Crane) won the vacant titles in April, only to lose them to The Avengers (Leroy Crane & Adam Watson) in their first attempted defense. And the belts haven't been defended since. PNW Top Contender Title -- Young Adam Watson won this mid-level title in May and has successfully defended it four times. [U]Key Additions:[/U] The entire roster really [U]Key Losses:[/U] Jim Crockett (talented, we may see him again), Jeff Walker (now who becomes the designated jobber?), El Mago (out more than a year with a spinal injury) [b]PNW Roster as of 1/1/28[/b] Ricky Wilkes, 19 -- HW Main Eventer -- Heel -- 6-3-1 last year Avg Rating: E -- Highest Rating E+ -- Highest Skill: Performance/C Was 0-3 in challenging for Heavyweight Title Jesus Rude, 19 -- MW Main Eventer -- Face -- 3-2-0 last year Avg Rating: E+ -- Highest Rating E+ -- Highest Skill: Entertainment/D Was 2-0 as a singles competitor Edwin Hall, 20 -- MW Main Eventer -- Heel -- 2-3-1 last year Avg Rating: E+ -- Highest Rating E+ -- Highest Skill: Performance/D+ Was 0-1-1 challenging for Heavyweight Title Adam Watson, 19 -- HW Upper Midcarder -- Heel - 7-1-0 last year Avg Rating: E+ -- Highest Rating D- -- Highest Skill: Performance/C- 0-1 vs Cronin, 7-0 vs all others, including 6 total defenses of his two titles Alvin Cronin, 20 -- HW Upper Midcarder -- Face - 9-0-1 last year Avg Rating: E+ -- Highest Rating E+ -- Highest Skill:Performance/D+ 8 straight HW Title defenses and still counting Rafael Bailey, 21 -- LW Upper Midcarder -- Heel -- 5-5-0 last year Avg Rating: E+ -- Highest Rating E+ -- Highest Skill: Entertainment/C+ 0-3 in title shots vs Cronin Jessie Crane, 20 -- MW Midcarder -- Face -- 2-6-0 last year Avg Rating: E+ -- Highest Rating E+ -- Highest Skill: Entertainment/C Briefly held Tag Title (with Backlund) Leroy Crane, 21 -- SM Midcarder -- Heel -- 5-3-2 last year Avg Rating: E -- Highest Rating E+ -- Highest Skill: Entertainment/C Currently Tag Champ (w/Watson) Preston Holt, 20 -- MW Midcarder -- Face -- 3-5-1 last year Avg Rating: E -- Highest Rating: D- -- Highest Skill: Entertainment/C+ Lost in match of the year to Adam Watson Stanley Dahl, 20 -- LW Midcarder -- Heel -- 0-0-0 last year Avg Rating: n/a -- Highest Rating: n/a -- Highest Skill: Performance/D Will make PNW debut in 1928 Elmer Aroma, 19 -- HW Midcarder -- Face -- 3-4-2 last year Avg Rating: E -- Highest Rating: E -- Highest Skill: Performance/C- Attitude may be holding him back Leslie Bach, 20 -- MW Lower Midcarder -- Heel -- 4-4-1 last year Avg Rating: E -- Highest Rating: E -- Highest Skill: Entertainment/B- Lost both shots at vacant singles titles Jason Hall, 19 -- LHW Lower Midcarder -- Face -- 0-1-0 last year Avg Rating: E -- Highest Rating: E -- Highest Skill:Entertainment/C+ Made professional debut in December Carl Backlund, 21 -- LW Lower Midcarder -- Face -- 2-7-0 last year Avg Rating: E -- Highest Rating: E+ -- Highest Skill: Performance/C+ Former Tag Champ (w/Crane as The Maestros) Keiki Tenshin, 19 -- MW Opener -- Face -- 0-0-0 last year Avg Rating: n/a -- Highest Rating: n/a -- Highest Skill: Performance/C- Will make PNW debut in 1928 El Frio de Piedra, 19 -- MW Opener -- Heel -- 0-1-0 last year Avg Rating: E -- Highest Rating: E -- Highest Skill: Performance/C Made PNW debut in December El Mago, 20 -- MW, Out Injured -- Face -- 3-3-1 last year Avg Rating: E -- Highest Rating: E -- Highest Skill: Performance/D+ Three match winning streak ended with injury & loss to Bach Staff notes: Announcer Hector Maxx skills are in steady decline, probably due to repeated drug (steroid) abuse problems. Ref Harvey Patterson is improving his skills as an officials but at the expense of all other abilities. Owner Herb Owen is, well, the owner.

Kicking kayfabe in the teeth for a minute or two here -- The one little editor tweak I mentioned earlier? I made Edwin Hall & Jason Hall brothers. I can't imagine anything coming from that, but after getting two Cranes on the roster that didn't seem related, I felt like the Hall's had to be. And it was going to bug me if I didn't do it ... so I did. -- For all I know, it'll be years before Jim Crockett gets another job, but it sure felt like something was in the wind when he left suddenly like that -- Relative to the PNW roster, there's a lot of talent scattered around the world with no place to work right now. 4 of the top 6 technicians can't work in the US, 2 of the top 7 in rumble, 3 of the top 6 fliers, 5 of the top 9 entertainers, half of the top dozen or so performers. You could arguably put together a better promotion than PNW in Europe, maybe another one in Japan as well. I'll be very interested to see what happens in those areas. -- Another interesting thing to see looking at the Other Wrestlers is the presence of a couple of talented women, and another woman who appeared as a decent referee. When will any of them be picked up? Or will they ever? And will 33 year old Lonnie Strong, an MMA Crossover worker in Europe, find a job before retirement kicks in?

[b]1st Quarter 1928 News/Results[/b] [I]January Transactions & News -- PNW signed Jim Crockett as head booker -- Free agent wrestler Fabian Vasile failed a drug test -- Jason Hall, Edwin Hall, and Ricky Wilkes extend deals with PNW[/I] [B]Tuesday, Week 2, January 1928[/B] PNW Featured Attraction Club X (US NW) Attendance: 300 (Sell Out!) 7 matches with highlights including: Adam Watson d. Elmer Aroma to retain the PNW Top Cont. Title (Rtg E+) Jesus Rude d. Ricky Wilkes (Rtg E+) Alvin Cronin d. Rafael Bailey to retain the PNW Heavyweight Title (Rtg E+) [COLOR="Red"]Show Rating: E+[/COLOR] [B]Monday, Week 1, February 1928[/B] PNW Deuces Are Wild Club X (US NW) Attendance: 300 (Sell Out!) 5 matches with highlights including: The Avengers d. Team Maestro to retain the PNW Nat'l Tag Titles (Rtg D-) Jesus Rude d. Rafael Bailey (Rtg E+) Alvin Cronin went to double countout with Ricky Wilkes to retain PNW Heavyweight Title (Rtg E+) [COLOR="Red"]Show Rating: E+[/COLOR] [I]February 1928 Transactions & News -- Managers Alfred Bach & Nathaniel Gibson sign with PNW -- Leslie Bach & Jessie Crane extend deals with PNW[/I] [B]Saturday, Week 1, March 1928[/B] PNW Destructive Appetite Club X (US NW) Attendance: 300 (Sell Out!) 6 matches with highlights including: The Avengers d. Express Delivery (Aroma & Holt) to retain the PNW Nat'l Tag Titles (Rtg D-) Edwin Hall went to time limit draw with Jesus Rude (Rtg D-) Alvin Cronin defeated Rafael Bailey to retain PNW Heavyweight Title (Rtg E+) [COLOR="Red"]Show Rating: E+[/COLOR] [I]March 1928 Transactions & News -- Jesus Rude & Alvin Cronin extend deals with PNW[/I]

[B]2nd Quarter 1928 News & Results[/B] [B]Monday, Week 1, April 1928[/B] PNW Stormy Weather Club X (US NW) Attendance: 300 (Sell Out!) 5 matches with highlights including: Rafael Bailey d. Jessie Crane (Rtg E+) The Avengers defeated Express Delivery (Rtg E+) Wilkes & Hall d. Rude & Cronin (Rtg E+) [COLOR="Red"]Show Rating: E+[/COLOR] [I]April 1928 Transactions & News -- PNW signed 20 y/o Mexican MW Puroresu Dolphino -- El Mago, Carl Backlund, and Elmer Aroma extend deals with PNW[/I] [B]Saturday, Week 1, May 1928[/B] PNW On The Edge Club X (US NW) Attendance: 300 (Sell Out!) 7 matches with highlights including: Edwin Hall d. Jessie Crane (Rtg E+) Jesus Rude d. Rafael Bailey (Rtg E+) Alvin Cronin d. Adam Watson to retain the PNW Heavyweight Title (Rtg D-) [COLOR="Red"]Show Rating: D-[/COLOR] [I]May 1928 Transactions & News -- Keiki Tenshin & Rafael Bailey extend deals with PNW[/I] [B]Friday, Week 1, June 1928[/B] PNW Hot In the Shade Club X (US NW) Attendance: 300 (Sell Out!) 7 matches with highlights including: Adam Watson d. Dolphino to retain the PNW Top Cont. Title (Rtg E+) Hall & Bailey d. Rude & Crane (Rtg E+) Alvin Cronin d. Ricky Wilkes to retain the PNW Heavyweight Title (Rtg E+) [COLOR="Red"]Show Rating: E+[/COLOR] [I]June 1928 Transactions & News -- Harvey Patterson, Hector Maxx, Adam Watson, El Frio de Prieda, Preston Holt, and Leroy Crane extend deals with PNW[/I]

[B]3rd Quarter 1928 News & Results[/B] [B]Thursday, Week 3, July 1928[/B] PNW Forsaken Club X (US NW) Attendance: 300 (Sell Out!) 6 matches with highlights including: The Avengers defeated Express Delivery to retain the Nat'l Tag Titles (Rtg E+) Ricky Wilkes d. Jesus Rude (Rtg E+) [SIZE="4"]Edwin Hall d. Alvin Cronin for the PNW Heavyweight Title(Rtg D-)[/SIZE] [COLOR="Red"]Show Rating: E+[/COLOR] [I]July 1928 Transactions & News -- Stanley Dahl extends deal with PNW[/I] [B]Sunday, Week 2, August 1928[/B] PNW Last Gasp Club X (US NW) Attendance: 300 (Sell Out!) 6 matches with highlights including: The Avengers defeated Express Delivery to retain the Nat'l Tag Titles (Rtg E+) Ricky Wilkes d. Alvin Cronin (Rtg E+) Edwin Hall d. Jesus Rude to retain the PNW Heavyweight Title(Rtg D-) [COLOR="Red"]Show Rating: E+[/COLOR] [I]August 1928 Transactions & News -- Jim Crockett, Jason Hall, Edwin Hall, and Ricky Wilkes extend deals with PNW[/I] [B]Saturday, Week 3, September 1928[/B] PNW Lost Cause Club X (US NW) Attendance: 300 (Sell Out!) 7 matches with highlights including: Leroy Crane d. Jessie Crane (Rtg D-) Adam Watson d. Preston Holt to retain PNW Top Cont. Title (Rtg D-) Ricky Wilkes d. Alvin Cronin (Rtg E+) Edwin Hall d. Jesus Rude to retain the PNW Heavyweight Title(Rtg D-) [COLOR="Red"]Show Rating: E+[/COLOR] [I]September 1928 Transactions & News -- Alfred Bach, Nathaniel Gibson, Leslie Bach, and Jessie Crane extend deals with PNW[/I]

[B]4th Quarter 1928 News & Results[/B] [B]Monday, Week 1, October 1928[/B] PNW Fist of Rage The Piper Casino (US SW) Attendance: 185 6 matches with highlights including: Adam Watson d. Alvin Cronin to retain the PNW Top Cont. Title (Rating E) Edwin Hall d. Jesus Rude to retain the PNW Heavyweight Title (Rating E+) Wilkes & Bailey d. Crane & Crane (Rating E) [COLOR="Red"]Show Rating: E[/COLOR] [I]October 1928 Transactions & News -- PNW signed 19 y/o Billy Huge, an American CW trained at the Great Lakes Wrestling School [/I] [B]Monday, Week 1, November 1928[/B] PNW Ravenous Club X (US NW) Attendance: 300 (Sold Out!) 8 matches with highlights including: Adam Watson d. Elmer Aroma to retain the PNW Top Cont. Title (Rating E+) Ricky Wilkes d. Alvin Cronin (Rating E+) Edwin Hall d. Jesus Rude to retain the PNW Heavyweight Title (Rating D-) [COLOR="Red"]Show Rating: E+[/COLOR] [I]November 1928 Transactions & News -- Dolphino, El Mago, Carl Backlund, and Elmer Aroma all extend deals with PNW -- Free Agent wrestler Dorothy Howard fails drug test [/I] [B]Monday, Week 2, December 1928[/B] PNW Rest In Peace Club X (US NW) Attendance: 300 (Sold Out!) 8 matches with highlights including: Billy Huge d. Preston Holt Adam Watson d. Elmer Aroma to retain the PNW Top Cont. Title (Rating E+) Jesus Rude d. Ricky Wilkes (Rating E+) Edwin Hall d. Alvin Cronin to retain the PNW Heavyweight Title (Rating D-) [COLOR="Red"]Show Rating: D-[/COLOR] [I]December 1928 Transactions & News -- Keiki Tenshin & Rafael Bailey extend deals with PNW -- El Mago retires from active competition due to injury [/I]

I gotta ask... how... 80 years ago... someone named Jesus Rude is a fricken face? To quote the Hurricane about 75 years early... wuzupwitdat? Easily the best name in the Cornelloverse. I'm really digging the watcher's aspect of this. Oh... and Edwin Hall will enjoy a short... 13 month reign. :S

[B]1928 End of Year Awards[/B] Wrestler of the Year -- Edwin Hall Young Wrestler of the Year -- Alvin Cronin Veteran Wrestler of the Year -- not presented Female Wrestler of the Year -- not presented Promotion of the Year -- Pacific Northwest Wrestling (3) Most Improved Promotion -- Pacific Northwest Wrestling (2) Match of the Year -- Alvin Cronin d. Adam Watson PNW On the Edge (D-) Card of the Year -- PNW Ravenous, May 1928 Also, the Top 100 Wrestlers list was not presented since there are still nowhere near 100 wrestlers competing during the year.

[QUOTE=Beeker;294792]I gotta ask... how... 80 years ago... someone named Jesus Rude is a fricken face? To quote the Hurricane about 75 years early... wuzupwitdat? [/quote] LOL, I think one of the things I've learned with this project is that alternative name files would be very helpful ;) One of the more annoying things I've run into so far is having three duplicated last names out of 26 people who've worked for PNW. I'm also looking forward to someone hiring "El Generico #8", just so we might find out what happened to number 1 through number 7 before the turn of the century. [quote]Oh... and Edwin Hall will enjoy a short... 13 month reign. :S[/QUOTE] That was some interesting booking there. Not a great entertainer, nor does anything about him really stand out, with a highest grade of B- for Menace. Wilkes, Watson, and Bailey all look a good bit better based on their ratings. Maybe Hall's Driven/Politician personality has appealed to the Driven/ Professional of Crockett? Glad you're enjoying things, I think it's about to get more interesting.

[B]1928 PNW Review[/B] PNW has strengthened it's position in the US Northwest (up to 23.0% popularity) and is now looking toward the US Southwest for expansion (6% popularity). Prestige is up a bit, to 26.4%, with $318,258 in the bank (a nearly 50% increase). Titles: [u]PNW Heavyweight Title[/u] -- Alvin Cronin ran his streak to 14 defenses over 16 1/2 months before losing to Edwin Hall. His streak is at 5 defenses & counting. [U]PNW National Tag Titles[/U] -- The Avengers (Leroy Crane & Adam Watson) defended the belts only three times during the year, extending their run to fifteen months and counting. [U]PNW Top Contender Title[/U] -- Adam Watson might just be making this belt a moot point, winning it in May 1927 and holding on through 10 defenses in the next 20 months. When/if he'll lose it remains to be seen. [U] Key Additions:[/U] Midcard LW Technician Stanley Dahl is on quite a roll, winning nine in a row to finish the year. Flashy CW Billy Huge could also be a man on the move after winning his first two matches in PNW. [U]Key Losses:[/U] Sadly, El Mago was forced to retire after sitting out nearly 14 months due to a spinal injury. Former tag team champion Carl Backlund has been out since April '28 with a torn rotator cuff & isn't expected back until sometime in Spring '29. [B]PNW Roster as of 1/1/29[/B] [U]Changes from '28 are underlined[/U] Ricky Wilkes, 20 -- HW Main Eventer -- Heel -- 7-3-1 last year Avg Rating: E+ -- Highest Rating E+ -- Highest Skill: Performance/C Still at the top of the card, but can't win the big one ... yet Jesus Rude, 20 -- MW Main Eventer -- Face -- 4-7-1 last year Avg Rating: E -- Highest Rating D- -- Highest Skill: [U]Technical/D+[/U] Lost 4 straight challenges for the HW Title versus Hall Edwin Hall, 21 -- MW Main Eventer -- Heel -- 10-0-1 last year Avg Rating: E+ -- [U]Highest Rating D-[/U] -- Highest Skill: Performance/D+ Hasn't lost since November 1927 (to Jesus Rude) Adam Watson, 19 -- HW Upper Midcarder -- Heel - 11-1-0 last year Avg Rating: E+ -- Highest Rating D- -- Highest Skill: Performance/C- Only career losses in PNW have been to Cronin Alvin Cronin, 21 -- HW Upper Midcarder -- Face - 4-1-7 last year Avg Rating: E+ -- [U]Highest Rating D-[/U] -- Highest Skill:Performance/D+ Suffering through 6 straight losses to end the year Rafael Bailey, 23 -- LW Upper Midcarder -- Heel -- 8-4-0 last year Avg Rating: E+ -- Highest Rating E+ -- [U]Highest Skill[/U]: Entertainment/[U]B-[/U] 7 straight wins and counting Jessie Crane, 21 -- MW Midcarder -- Face -- 0-12-0 last year Avg Rating: E+ -- [U]Highest Rating D-[/U] -- Highest Skill: Entertainment/C Hasn't won since December 1927 Leroy Crane, 21 -- SM [U]Lower Midcarder [/U]-- [U]Face[/U] -- 10-2-0 last year [U]Avg Rating: E+[/U] -- [U]Highest Rating D-[/U] -- Highest Skill: Entertainment/C Currently Tag Champ (w/Watson) Preston Holt, 21 -- MW Midcarder -- Face -- 5-7-1 last year [U]Avg Rating: E+[/U] -- Highest Rating: D- -- Highest Skill: Entertainment/C+ Struggled in the second half of the year Stanley Dahl, 21 -- LW Midcarder -- Heel -- 9-3-0 last year Avg Rating: E -- Highest Rating: E+ -- Highest Skill: Performance/D 7 straight wins after a slow start Elmer Aroma, 20 -- HW Midcarder -- Face -- 2-10-0 last year [U]Avg Rating: E+[/U] -- [U]Highest Rating: D-[/U] -- Highest Skill: Performance/C- Hasn't won since May Billy Huge, 19 -- SM Midcarder -- Heel -- 2-0-0 last year Avg Rating: E+ -- Highest Rating: E+ -- Highest Skill: Entertainment: C+ Debuted in November Leslie Bach, 21 -- MW Lower Midcarder -- Heel -- 6-6-1 last year Avg Rating: E -- [U]Highest Rating: E+[/U] -- Highest Skill: Entertainment/B- Just middlin' along Jason Hall, 19 -- LHW [U]Opener[/U] -- Face -- 2-8-0 last year Avg Rating: E -- Highest Rating: E -- Highest Skill:Entertainment/C+ Recently started pairing with Tenshin as "Two Aces" Carl Backlund, 22 -- LW Lower Midcarder -- Face -- 2-2-0 last year [U]Avg Rating: E+[/U] -- [U]Highest Rating: D-[/U] -- Highest Skill: Performance/C+ Out with injury since April '28 Keiki Tenshin, 20 -- MW [U]Enhancement[/U] -- [U]Heel[/U] -- 0-5-0 last year Avg Rating: E -- Highest Rating: E+ -- Highest Skill: Performance/C- Talented, but hasn't shown much yet El Frio de Piedra, 19 -- MW Opener -- Heel -- 3-5-0 last year Avg Rating: E -- [U]Highest Rating: E+[/U] -- Highest Skill: Performance/C Finished year with 2 wins in last 3 matches Staff notes: Announcer Hector Maxx skills continue to decline. Now retired from competition, El Mago has taken on the role of Color Commentator ... in spite of the fact that he only speaks Spanish. Ref Harvey Patterson may have peaked. Owner Herb Owen has turned booking over to his friend Jim Crockett.

Y'know, I got really excited about the opening of the NWA. A new promotion should really liven things up and all. That excitement was a little short-lived once I realized that there was no owner, and no one with the right combination of business ability & age to actually take over the promotion. Bottom line? 1929 looked a lot like 1928. And I mean a lot. Unless someone has some really strong urge to see show by show, I'm just going to skip straight to the awards & recap segment and then hope that Crockett will turn 30 soon & that the AI will consider him old enough to become an owner. And in the interim, I still have to figure out what to do about the third promotion that has opened. Not counting Crockett & Owen, there's only two characters over the age of 30 at the moment and they both have 0% business. And the next oldest workers are 24 years old, years away from being potential owners. Do I wait for them to age and hope for the best? Do I use the editor to adjust an older workers business reputation? Import an owner or two from the Cornellverse? Something else? Darned if I know at the moment, but I'm open to suggetions.

Archived