Character getting stale = new gimmick. Getting stale in current role = turn. "Could use something to freshen his character up" is only a warning shot though. It won't really start having any effect yet, it's just telling you that people are starting to get bored of it. It's not like you need to change it immediately, just start thinking up some ideas. When it starts saying "X's character is getting stale", that's when it'll start adversely affecting him and the shows.

"Freshen the character up" doesn't really indicate whether you need a gimmick change or a turn, as per what Mr. Ryland said when I was griping about a couple of my workers needing to get fresh after only a couple months after a change. Lemme find the quote. Found it! [QUOTE=Adam Ryland;280842]"Freshen the character up" doesn't specifically refer to gimmicks, a turn can be equally effective. If it's the gimmick that specifically needs changing, the text will say "his gimmick is getting stale".[/QUOTE] Though after having these problems, I decided it's best to just ignore "freshen the character up" warnings because they can happen way too quickly. Just wait until it tells you something specific is stale and change the specific something.

Archived