At first I hated Adam's decision not to let us know everything about the game. Now I realised that he has created a game with depth that many of us (especially me) will not know everything about, despite purchasing on launch day and playing ever since. I also like the snippets we get on the forum about the inner workings of the game (have we just been told something in Anubis's "Rediculous" thread about teh weightings of matche?) from time to time that just whet my appetite a small bit to get out there and become a numero-uno booker. Any thoughts? Oh, and Adam should definately tell us EVERYTHING about the game should he finish/reinvent the series. I would love to know everything that counted for and against me in my games (such as all the 5%+ negatives on your show, the true importance of stats -- basically a MONSTER guide to TEW). But I'd rather have the series continue then have it end so I get a guide to it.

I agree. With an out knowing how to guide the game would become to easy to book. You'd just follow the formula and wham bamm another A* card. Sorry but what fun would that be? It's the trial and error and figuring out stuff on your own that keeps the game fresh and exciting. If you are able to know all and be able to sign whomever you wish without the checks and balances of caps and such, would you keep playing? I don't care to know all of the ins and outs. There are a thousand people on here that I'm sure could walk my dog as far as game mechanics are concerned. Does that bother me? Nope. I come on here and read and if I have a question that after time I can't figure out for the life of me I ask. I read the responses and try the methods that everyone was nice enough to take the time to respond with. I play TEW because it's a challenge.

[QUOTE=theaddicane;305030]Definately. I would just like to clarify that I wasn't asking for a guide now. Just if there was ever a great reinvention of the series with big changes or something similar, then I would be interested to see what the inner-workings of the game are. Not now.[/QUOTE] Oh I know what you meant and why you said it. You'd be amazed at how many people enjoyed that immensely. ;) :D ;)

Part of me finds it all incredibly interesting just because of that analytical way in which I tend to think. I love finding out about the inner workings, and seeing how well thought out the game really is. This latest thing about the penalty system that goes into account for the final grade is intriguing. Also thanks to re-reading the help guide thanks to the Strange Events thread, I'm toying with whether any given match is working the crowd or not just to see it's better either way. So far it seems that working the crowd all the way up to the Main Event like I've been doing for in-game years is actually beneficial. I tested the same card once with, once without (exact same, as in restarting the game to the same point). It could be just the randomness of any given time you run a card, but for the most part I saw grade increases in each match. I didn't have to work the crowd with Matt Hardy vs Marc DuBois though - they've got great chemistry and just seem to do no anything less than A*. But anyway, I definitely don't want to know everything while I'm still playing the "current series". I am at a point where I can pull out A* cards each show, but I do venture out and try new booking techniques every now and then. One just came to mind to have mass interference. I guess a max of about 8 people, since I'd use two for Open and Work... so not quite up to TNA's record :P But I wonder what effect if any it might have.

Archived