[QUOTE=Michael Wayne;308164]I haven't hit Global yet. I'm at International having started in the beginning of 07, I'm now into 2010.[/QUOTE] I'm jealous. I started at Local with $2500 in march of '07. I'm now at Cult at August of 2011. I know I could've possibly done it quicker though. I made some mistakes along the way that really hurt me. I can honestly say that my fed has made money the entire time though. In those 4 yrs I've had maybe 6-8 mos where I lost money and usually it was only $2-3k. Part of it really depends on what kind of fed you're running though. I'm running an SE fed so I have to take time to get guys over before they can become a significant part of the show.

[QUOTE=hulkamaniac;308244]I'm jealous. I started at Local with $2500 in march of '07. I'm now at Cult at August of 2011. I know I could've possibly done it quicker though. I made some mistakes along the way that really hurt me. I can honestly say that my fed has made money the entire time though. In those 4 yrs I've had maybe 6-8 mos where I lost money and usually it was only $2-3k. Part of it really depends on what kind of fed you're running though. I'm running an SE fed so I have to take time to get guys over before they can become a significant part of the show.[/QUOTE] who are you playing with?

From the Advice Compilation thread (I have this post saved as a .doc file!) PROMOTION SIZE "Local - default. Small - over 10% in one region. Regional - over 30% in one region. [B]Cult - over 53% in two or more regions.[/B] National - over 71% in 75% of the regions in the home area, and a minimum of 30% in all of them. International - National at home, plus over 45% in 4 or more foreign regions. Global - International, plus 60% in at least 5 foreign regions.

[QUOTE=hulkamaniac;308746]A fed I started myself with $2,500 and virtually no overness to speak of.[/QUOTE] I forget how much I started with, but I remember bleeding money pretty bad until I hit Regional. From there I was turning profits nicely... Till I hit the beginning stages of cult. Although 4-5 months later I was out of the red.

At the moment October 2010. It's going pretty well. I started off just as a cult UK company running supershows, ran a UK vs US angle that managed to get all my unknown british guys over (albeit at cost of damaging a few US guys overness in the uk, but....), now after a 4 month 'Civil War' angle (with almost 2 years of build up) resulting in my highest PPV & TV ratings,6 superstars at A* momentum, and boosted my company to B+ in all UK regions I've instituted a brand split, running one UK Only brand, and one US only brand to crack the US with. Hopefully this time in a year and a half (rough estimate) I'll be international. In EWR I had a game that ran 15 years, but then it developed a bug and would crash at the end of every month meaning no developments guys advance (who I lived and died by due to the fact they all came out with higher stats than my main roster), no one retired, and I made no money. Anyone know if Adam still fixes old EWR games?

[QUOTE=Michael Wayne;308786]I forget how much I started with, but I remember bleeding money pretty bad until I hit Regional. From there I was turning profits nicely... Till I hit the beginning stages of cult. Although 4-5 months later I was out of the red.[/QUOTE] I've run into the same type of thing. I was able to make a profit consistently until I hit the Cult threshold. I'm just barely passed Cult and started hemmoraging money for some reason. I think it's largely because my merchandising is losing money and dragging everything down. By my calculations if I just broke even in merchandising I'd be making a profit.

[QUOTE=hulkamaniac;308900]I've run into the same type of thing. I was able to make a profit consistently until I hit the Cult threshold. I'm just barely passed Cult and started hemmoraging money for some reason. I think it's largely because my merchandising is losing money and dragging everything down. By my calculations if I just broke even in merchandising I'd be making a profit.[/QUOTE] Your misc. expenses go up considerably when you hit Cult. That's why you start losing money.

[QUOTE=shipshirt;309428]Your misc. expenses go up considerably when you hit Cult. That's why you start losing money.[/QUOTE] That's true, but I'd swear my merchandising was turning a profit at regional. Now I'm about $20k in the hole and losing about that much every month. I did just get a new PPV deal with a new carrier so that all changed. The carrier is bigger so I'm raking in huge jack. I made 4 times as much with my last PPV as I did last month and I'm running weekly PPV's.

Archived