Modest Mouse

keefmoon

Just wondering, do we have any Modest Mouse fans on here? I've been a bit of a fan for a couple of years, but after I saw them at Glasto I've been into them hugely. Only got two of their albums, the latest two, but absolutely love both. I think they're quite a bit more popular in the States than over here (didn't the latest album get to number one over the pond?) For anyone who doesn't know them, they're a quirky rock-pop-indie type band, leaning more towards the indie later in the career and towards quirky earlier on. They've got a couple of drummers and Johnny Marr of The Smiths fame joined before their latest album. If you don't know them I'd suggest checking out Dashboard or Float On, as they are probably their two most accessible songs, but by no means their best imo. So any one else a Mouse fan?

I like them. They were one of my favorites for a while, but the lack of recent success seems to make me forget them. IDK their chart success, but nothing from their newest album gets/got much radio or VH1/MTV airplay. The Dashboard video was on Xbox Live, though... I like The Ocean Breathe Salty, Float On, Dashboard, and a few others... (Yea, they're the singles... so what? :p ) Their deeper stuff is a bit too "Indy" for me, but I generally like their style of music. Some of my other favorite are Franz Ferdinand, and not so much now because Sam's Town kinda stinks, and they're arrogant jerks, but The Killers too.

[QUOTE=DanB;317046]I've not heard too much of them, to be honest. Having said that, anything including Johnny Marr's got to be worth a listen![/QUOTE] Definitely! Go on youtube and search for Dashboard. The video is about as weird as they come but see what you think of the song. I'd definitely recommend them. [QUOTE=mjdgoldeneye;317093]I like them. They were one of my favorites for a while, but the lack of recent success seems to make me forget them. IDK their chart success, but nothing from their newest album gets/got much radio or VH1/MTV airplay. The Dashboard video was on Xbox Live, though... I like The Ocean Breathe Salty, Float On, Dashboard, and a few others... (Yea, they're the singles... so what? :p ) Their deeper stuff is a bit too "Indy" for me, but I generally like their style of music. Some of my other favorite are Franz Ferdinand, and not so much now because Sam's Town kinda stinks, and they're arrogant jerks, but The Killers too.[/QUOTE] I can see you rpoint abou tthe other stuff, they release their accessible stuff but the rest can be a bit strange. But it has really grown on me, but then I'm in a phase where I like bands who just go for their own style and don't worry about it. I like Franz too, but wheres the new album? It's been like 3 years! And I really like Killers too. They are arrogant but that's the whole fun with them. Like Liam Gallagher.

[QUOTE=keefmoon;317265] I like Franz too, but wheres the new album? It's been like 3 years! And I really like Killers too. They are arrogant but that's the whole fun with them. Like Liam Gallagher.[/QUOTE] How many Franz albums do you have? One, or two, because they have 2... "You Could Have it So Much better" isn't 3 years old, is it? (Near there? IDK, I'll google it...) It's a good album either way! I guess the Killers' personalities aren't horrible, and I thought it was funny when they stuck it to the emo-pop whatjamacallit bands like Fall Out Boy...:rolleyes: However, their newer album is bland and too much on the "All These Things That I've Done" side, and less on the "Somebody Told Me" and "Jenny Was a Friend of Mine" side. The super-indy style/weird-lyric filled stuff is lame... (Well, all of their songs have weird lyrics...) :D

[QUOTE=keefmoon;317265]Definitely! Go on youtube and search for Dashboard. The video is about as weird as they come but see what you think of the song. I'd definitely recommend them. [/QUOTE] Just listened to Dashboard. I'm impressed! I'll have to keep an eye on them!

Archived