Ghost, quesion for ya

Guest pickledmidget

Guest pickledmidget
this may sound weird. but i was thinking of trying out and making my own database. not with real wrestlers but with friends and co workers, people i dont like (lol), etc. does that sound strange? for some reason it doesnt to me. anyway. is it feasible to have only one promotion and load up all my friends in it. or do i really need to have more promotions. are there things i need to know before getting started. i dont want to wast my time if it cant be done. let me know The Mulkey's rock! :D

Not weird in the least! :) I'd imagine you can run one promotion just fine. If it's friends and what-not, I'd think you really wouldn't have to worry about too many hirings/firings, as there probably won't be a ton of people on the main roster for the AI to choose from. It might even simplify the booking process to the point where the AI makes sense, heh. I can not remember the exact limitation, but a promotion with a Regular Schedule (as opposed to Touring) is limited to a set amount of events it can book per month. For example - I'm pretty sure that if you want an annual event (say Wrestlemania, or even a monthly Madison Square Garden show), you have to limit your promotion to 1 weekly event (think a house show). Also... depending upon the size of your promotion (Local, Small, etc.), you'll have to fill it with a varying number of workers. Again, I'm not sure the exact numbers - but 15 guys would be a safe bet for a Local promotion. With each promotion size increase, you'll want to raise it. With a National promotion, for example, you'd want about 45 workers. That includes refs, announcers (if you have a television show), backstage workers, etc. That's about all I can remember off the top of my head. I'm very interested in hearing how this works out for you, as I'm sure others might find the information useful in their own projects; keep us informed! And Good Luck - sounds like fun.

Guest pickledmidget
cool. i will have about 40 to 50 people on the roster. i just wasnt sure how it would work. maybe i could break it into 2 promotions. anyway. ill keep messing around. im curious to see how it turns out also. ill keep everyone updated and ill do a diary also. never did one but ill give it a shot.

Archived