Flame on!

If you type Burning Hammer Of The Wrestling Gods or a combination of those words into google there's a good chance you'd discover a brand new Wrestling Promotion owned and booked by a British man named Brett West who plans to bring his version of a Modern-Traditional (whatever that means) approach to the wrestling fans that and the fact that the first show will be held in Atkins, Virginia at the Atkins Fire Dept. [i]My name is Brett West i dont know what i hate about myself more right now the fact that i opened my mouth before realising the costs of running a wrestling promotion or that i got angry in the most important interview of my life ... Ok so helping out with booking and general assistance with Real Quality Wrestling shows would make me a glorified tea boy/general busy body but it would of been a more stable job ... anyway thats the past and its too late to ge back (they aint answering my calls right now). So i'm owner of the trademarked initials BHOTWG, a 2nd hand wrestling ring a Title Belt with a Phoenix on it with a blue strap and what else!? Oh yeah ring pads with Flame On written on them (please Marvel comics dont sue my ass) oh and apparantly my savings from my cut short wrestling career (yes thats right i am the Kenny Ace of very little fame) totals $2,500 converted from Sterling now i've ran away to the US of A ... no not ran away emigrated to start a new life right here in Virginia to build a wrestling company based on my vision of Modern-Traditional wrestling from nothing to the greatest wrestling promotion in the world .. mmm there goes my big ego and over active imagination again .. Oh well all this raising from nothing gives me an idea the first show we have a Venue, the ring the brand spanking new shiny belt (with the Phoenix on and the blue strap) we need a name something that embodys what i'm aiming for From the ashes a Phoenix flys .... abit long but catchey .. it'l work. So i have the equipment, the venue is booked (Saturday the first week in June) the website is set to show our shows to our future fans all around the world, i will announce the shows and help with the match planning with the wrestlers involved ahh yes wrestlers we need some of those put that on my things to do list with .. lets see what else a ref!? and a colour Commantator to brighten up my sarcastic British drizzle ...[/i] [b]Burning Hammer of the Wrestling Gods[/b]. Product: Key Feature's: Traditional, Modern. Medium: Realism. Low: Hardcore, Lucha Libre, Daredevil. Very Low: Pure, Comedy, Mainstream.

[i]I spent the next couple of weeks scouring internet sites looking at tapes sent to me by wrestlers and agents (Agents in pro-wrestling something i wont get used to) i see the WWE have made their annual massive cut Hornswoggle, Brooke, Vickie Guerrero no surprises there although i see the name Jerry Lawler on the list ... well colour me shocked whats he done to piss off management i wonder!?[/i] [i] We're now into the second week in May (2007) and its time to seel some tickets. I've put our ticket prices up higher than what my financial advisor advised hell we need the money and $4 a ticket isn't much anyways. We have decided as a company to allow our shows to be shown over the Internet rather than sell DVD's for the time being, to get a larger audience to see our shows and hopefully build up a good fan base and get them hooked before we start charging them.[/i] [i]And in other news i have contacted a few names on a shortlist of staff i'd drawn up i've tried to get guys to only work for us i can't really stop them taking jobs elsewhere so down the line i'm sure there will be alot of checking out other shows to see what days i shouldn't be running our show on ... *phew* now where did i put that bottle of JD ... ahhh again it seems to of turned into an empty bottle .. how does that happen time to head to the shops i think ... i think i may walk past the arena again, it does me good to focus on the good at times like this ...[/i]

[i]While checking out as much information has i can (or idly looking on wrestling websites as some people would call this) i've stumbled accross news sites dedicated to fans bitching about wrestling shows they appear to be paying to see the shows and then calling them afterwards .... what a bizarre age we live in (its a good job i already drink or this would turn me to it) morbid fascination made me discover Takuya Sugi and Konnan got into some sort of backstage arguement in All Japan, and after massive roster cuts WWE have signed Raven, Justin Credible, RVD (Another ECW thing!?) Chris Hero, Ricky Banderas and Alex Shelley as well as Tazz being fired (another commantator down). ... Well thats it i've brought everyone into the fold that we will need for our first show as well as contacting a few others to work future shows for u,s time to post the matches for From the ashes a Phoenix flys (our first show) on our brand spanking new website[/i] [b]Flame on All-Star Title Tournament: Quarter Final: "The high-flying optical illusion" Rorschach vs "The 450 Kid" Mikey Batts. "The Honolulu Horror" Jack Thriller vs "Technical Rock star" CJ Otis. "Sterling" James Keenan vs "Pure Wrestling King" John Walters. "Mr Controversy himself" Ted Hart vs "British Wildcat" Ollie Burns. and special attraction 2 CM Punk trained ROH Wrestling school graduates battle it out Anthony Franco vs Davey Andrews.[/b] Referee: Brian Hebner. Commantators: Brett West and Ben Miller (former co-host of WXW's Rage TV.

"The high-flying optical illusion" Rorschach vs [B]"The 450 Kid" Mikey Batts[/B] "The Honolulu Horror" Jack Thriller vs [B]"Technical Rock star" CJ Otis[/B] [B]"Sterling" James Keenan[/B] vs "Pure Wrestling King" John Walters [B]"Mr Controversy himself" Ted Hart [/B]vs "British Wildcat" Ollie Burns [B]Anthony Franco[/B] vs Davey Andrews

[b]Fans Report[/b] My name is Dean Watson and i was at the [b]From the ashes a Phoenix Flys[/b] the show put on by the new promotion with the very unusual name [b]Burning Hammer of the Wrestling Gods[/b] i would say there was about 80 fans in attendance. The show was 90 minutes long and only had 5 matches the first match was Ollie Burns vs Ted Hart they didn't seem to click together well at all Ollie Burns was playing the babyface in distress to Harts arrogant Heel Hart got the win after the . Match 2 was Rorschach vs Mikey Batts Rorschach was playing the Heel they linked up a little better than the first match and it was Batts who got the win after a 450 Splash. Match 3 was the grudge match between the 2 CM Punk trainees Davey Andrews vs Anthony Franco Andrews looked really good i was very impressed with him even though he was playing the Heel it was a shame (and surprise) that he lost after Franco hit a Tombestone. Match 4 was back to the All-Star Title Tournament with Jack Thriller vs CJ Otis the match was too long for Otis he seemed to be needing more and more rest holds towards the end Thriller got the win with the Phantom Driver. The Main Event was definately the match of the night Sterling James Keenan vs John Walters it was a good matt based match with Keenan playing a very good Heel and i'd be surprised if these 2 dont Main Event another show down the line John Walters got the Submission victory with a nice looking Sharpshooter (hope that doesn't upset Ted Hart we know how he can be). Times and ratings: Hart bt Burns 10 mins, D+ Batts bt Rorschach 12 mins, D+ Franco bt Andrews 20 mins, D+ Thriller bt Otis 16 mins, D+ Walters bt Keenan 22 mins, C+ Final card Rating: C

[b]Pro Wrestling World[/b] [i]This is a fictional magazine to show the progress of Burning Hammer of the Wrestling Gods[/i]. This month saw the debut of a new company to the Pro Wrestling world Burning Hammer of the Wrestling Gods (a mouth full i know) started by lets be honest here Alcoholic ex British wrestler Brett West but i have to admit the first show was a success here at Pro Wrestling World we catogarise the popularity of promotions as either Global, International, National, Cult, Regional, Small and Local depending on size of their audience how well known they are etc. Well i would definately say that after starting unknown at a "Local" level Burning Hammer of the Wrestling Gods are now Small. We have spoke to a representitive of the company and they have released the following information, they had a total of 69 paying fans each paying $5 they will be showing highlights of their shows on their website, and they are already planning their second show which will take place early in July and will be called Flame On: Crowning a Champ and will feature the Semi's and the Final of the All-Star Title Tournament. [i]ooc the popularity after show 1 is Mid Atlantic: 11.4 The rest of the world: 0.2 cash at the moment: -$5 (hopefully at month end this should be back in the black[/i]. [b]Flame on: Crowning a Champ![/b] Matches: All-Star Title Tournament Semi-Finals: "Pure Wrestling King" John Walters vs "The Honolulu Horror" Jack Thriller. "The 450 Kid" Mikey Batts vs "Mr. Controversy" Ted Hart. Final: John Walters/Jack Thriller vs Mikey Batts/Ted Hart. "Fighting Spirit" Derek Wylde vs "Young Lion" Jardi Frantz. "Sterling" James Keenan vs "Technical Rock Star" CJ Otis.

[b]Fans Report:[/b] I Mark Priestly was in attendance at the Burning Hammer of the Wrestling Gods [b]Flame on: Crowning a Champ[/b] show the show was 90 minutes long and featured 5 matches including the Semi's and the Final of the Tornament to Crown their Champion the show started with Ted Hart vs Mikey Batts, i'd never seen Batts wrestle before today and all i know about him is that he is Billy Kidman's nephew he looked ok but was buried by Hart i dont know if it was booked that way or if Hart just made him look bad on purpose ... .. Match 2 was the 2nd Semi Final match Jack Thriller vs John Walters which was a much more even match both men were allowed to get some big moves out with the face obviously picking up the win, John Walters that is with the Sharpshooter. Match 3 was 2 guys i'd not heard of Derek Wylde vs Jardi Frantz, Wylde got the win at around 10 minutes with a modified powerbomb. Match 4 was Sterling James Keenan vs CJ Otis, Otis i know little about but i had heard good things about Keenan and i got to say i was impressed with him he got the win has well (so management must agree with me). The Main Event was the Final of the Flame On All-Star Title Tournament featuring Ted Hart vs John Walters, i thought Hart would win this what with him dominating in his Semi Final match but it was John Walters who collected the gold pinning Hart at around the 30 minute mark after a sweet looking Hurricane DDT. Match Ratings: Hart bt Batts, C Walters bt Thriller, C+ Wylde bt Frantz, D+ Keenan bt Otis, B- Walters bt Hart to win the All-Star Title, B+ Final Rating: B- All in all it was a very good show my only problem was with Ted Hart too be honest i saw too much of him. Head Booker's Say: [i]Well our second show is over its sunday afternoon and i'm sat alone in a bar ... I'm looking through Internet sites and over and over again i'm reading John Walters vs Ted Hart was the best show of saturday night .... a night which included shows from ICWA, IWA Mid South, All Star Wrestling, Dragons Gate, Osaka Pro and Real Quality Wrestling it's great were a success so far ... except less people turned up to watch only 56 paying fans this month ... from what i'm reading the matches we'd advertised weren't as "must see" as last month's James Keenan vs John Walters match ..... or maybe it was that twat Mikey Batts telling a radio station last week that i drink too much .. glad i buried him and informed him he wouldn't be coming back and they say all publicity is goo publicity i guess their wrong ... Mmm .. i have an idea it may be the drink OR it may really be a brilliant idea im thinking the 3rd show we call it mmm .. lets see Flame On: Triple Trouble or no wait Trio Trouble,! Yes the Main Event will be a 3 way for the Title we'll have a Trio's match (6 man tag) and .. come on Brett think 1 more too keep the 3 theme . . . . BANG I've got it we'll call it a Triple Trouble Tournament 3 men 3 matches they fight each other once the winner will get a future Title shot ... Wow it's almost 9.30 where does the time go better get home got alot of planning tomorrow .... well 1 more drink won't hurt[/i].

[b]Flame On: Trio Trouble[/b] Matches: Trios match: Equinox, Lince Dorado + Skayde vs Rorschach, Darin Corbin + Ryan Cruz. Triple Trouble Round Robin: Donovan Morgan - Ted Hart - Anthony Franco. Davey Andrews vs Ollie Burns. James Keenan vs Kid Omega. All-Star Title: John Walters vs Elix Skipper vs Kazushi Miyamoto. Reports from around the world: Scott Steiner was injured at TNA Impact in a tag match with his brother Rick against the VKM he suffered a major concusion and will be out well over a year, and strange news at TNA Kurt Angle was stripped of the TNA Title and the belt is now in the possetion of .... Brother Runt and add to that Kip James winning the X-Division Title and you have some very strange goings on in TNA land. In big WWE news Vince McMahon has handed control of the company over to Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley Vince's last big booking decision was for Mr. Kennedy to win the Smackdown World Title from Edge and Stephanie's first big decision was to sign Gene Snitsky up to a big new contract smell the ratings! [i]Burning Hammer news ... We are in the black again with $3,572 will be making Flame on: Trios Trouble a 2 hour Medium show and might even try 2 shows for September.[/i]

[b]Flame On: Trio Trouble![/b] Fans Report by Robert Poulson: I was in attendance for my second show at the weirdest named promotion in wrestling Burning Hammer of the Wrestling Gods the show was called Flame on: Trio Trouble, i met Brian Hebner before the match he seemed like a really decent guy and he was happy to sign my tickets for me. Match 1: Davey Andrews vs Ollie Burns, a bit of a squash match really just something to showcase Andrews who got the win with a Rear naked choke at around 10 minutes. Match 2: Sterling James Keenan vs Kid Omega, it was my first time of seeing Kid Omega a Japanese highflyer with his face coverd with a bandana and hat he looked good but didn't get the win i personaly hoped for they didn't really "click" too well either so i doubt they'll be facing each other again, Keenan won at a little under 15 minutes. Matches 3/4+5 was the Round Robin Triple Trouble Tournament it was announced that the winner will get a future shot at the All-Star Title: Anthony Franco got the first points in the bag when he beat Donovan Morgan at around the 15 minute mark. Morgan then stayed in the ring and faced Ted Hart Morgon played to the fact he was tiring and eventually Hart got the win via Sharpshooter and the final match meant whoever won it would get the Title shot Ted Hart vs Anthony Franco even though Franco was the slightly fresher man it was Hart that picked up the win meaning he'd been in the ring over 30 minutes. Match 6: Next up was the 6 man tag i was a little disapointed because it wasn't fought under Lucha rules AND alot dissapointed because it was obviously cut shorter than it was meant to i can only guess that they was running out of time, the match featured Skayde, Lince Dorado + Equinox vs Rorschach, Ryan Cruz + Darin Corbin, Skayed got the win for the Mexican's after pinning Ryan Cruz. Main Event: All-Star Title match with John Walters in his first defence vs Elix Skipper vs Kazushi Miyamoto. A well set out match but could of been alot better if given an extra 10 minutes or so (all in all i personally think the whole show needed at least an extra 20/25 minutes) Elix Skipper hit the Play of the Day on Miyamoto and he rolled out the ring leaving Walters to take control of Skipper and force him to tap to the Sharpshooter. Match Ratings: Davey Andrews vs Ollie Burns. C James Keenan vs Kid Omega. C Triple Trouble Round Robin: Donovan Morgan - Ted Hart - Anthony Franco. D C+ C+ Trios match: Equinox, Lince Dorado + Skayde vs Rorschach, Darin Corbin + Ryan Cruz. C- All-Star Title: John Walters vs Elix Skipper vs Kazushi Miyamoto. B Final Card Rating: B- My overall thoughts on the card were that it WAS a good show but could of been better maybe i'm being too critical but a couple of the matches namely the last 2 should of been longer and i dont think Anthony Franco or Donovan Morgan should of been in the Triple Trouble Tournament, Franco i just got bored of seein and Morgan looked tired. [i]Well show 3 is done and dusted 125 paying wrestling fans means we're heading in the right direction i'll wait for all the advertising money to come in before deciding how many shows we will have next month definately 1 show in week 1 the other will be week 4 if i decide. Now for a name .... i'm thinking a slightly gimmicky show with a few stipulations ... Wrestling Heaven, Wrestlers Hell will be the show name it will be again a Medium show and again 2 hours headlined by John Walters vs Ted Hart in a Submission match Sharpshooter vs Sharpshooter.[/i] Big news: WWE have lost alot of their fanbase and dropped to more of a "cult" promotion they have dropped the brand split and have released tons of workers Raven, Ricky Banderas, Alex Shelley, Brian Major, Robbie McAllister, Santino Marella, Christopher Daniels, Brett Major, Shad, JTG, Gene Snitsky, Chris Masters, Jimmy Wang Yang, Daivari, The Miz, Funaki, Shannon Moore, Nunzio, Big Daddy V, Mike Knox, Rory McAllister, Deuce + Domino, Jamie Noble, Juventud, William Regal, The Sandman, Kevin Thorn, Ashley, Cherry, Brad Armstrong, Joey Styles, Chris Hery, Jim Korderas, Steven Austin + Gerald Briscoe.

Add to the WWE Realeases list Super Crazy, Val Venis, Trevor Murdoch, Lance Cade, Stevie Richards, Elijah Burke + Matt Striker. [i]Well we finish this month (Augest) $53 in the redwe managed to lose $3,500 last month maybe we aint really ready for Medium sized events we'll do this 1 we have planned and no second show for September now and we will go back to just a 90 minute show in October and see how that fares.[/i] Wrestling Heaven, Wrestlers Hell preview: Flame on All-Star Title Submission match: John Walters vs Ted Hart. No.1 contenders ladder match: Elix Skipper vs Kazushi Miyamoto. Win or Burn matches: (Donovan Morgon + Kid Omega lost their Debut matches so need to impress here to stay in the company) Kid Omega vs Jardi Frantz + Donovan Morgan vs CJ Otis. 3 strikes and out match: (Rorschach needs to win to stay in the company) Rorschach vs Anthony Franco. Over the top rope match: Jack Thriller vs Skayde.

[b]Wrestling Heaven, Wrestlers Hell[/b] The Smart Report by Steven Smart: I managed to get to see Wrestling Heaven, Wrestlers Hell the show by the much talked about Burning Hammer of the Wrestling Gods promotion i didn't like the idea of the gimmick matches or the win or be fired matches. Match 1 3 Strikes and out match: Rorschach vs Anthony franco the 3 strikes and out concept is a decent idea in my opinion to be honest you lose 3 matches and you dont get called back to the company for awhile it doesn't say on the internet or in the program how long but good idea nontheless, it also proved to be a decent match and surprisingly (to me at least) Rorschach got the victory after hitting the Pumphandle Death Valley Driver at 12 minutes. Match 2 Win or Burn match: The concept for this is not quite as good as the other it goes if you lose your debut match you have a Win or Burn match i.e win and you get called back lose and your gone for awhile anyway the first of 2 of these matches was Kid Omega vs Jardi Frantz some good high flying action in this 1 with Kid Omega picking up the win to stay in the company at around the 12 minute mark. Match 3 was the over the top rope match between Jack Thriller vs Skayde and was the 1st match to go over the 15 minute mark Jack Thriller got the win over the Mexican hitting the Thrill Ride (top rope ace crusher) and easily then sending him over the top. Match 4 was the 2nd Win or Burn match with Donovan Morgan vs CJ Otis this time it was Burn has CJ Otis defeated Donovan Morgan after hitting the X Plex at aroung the 15 minute mark. Match 5 was the match i was most looking forward to the no.1 contenders Ladder match "Prime Time" Elix Skipper vs Kazushi Miyamoto, Elix Skipper hit the dardevil stunts we were all expecting a good holy s**t chant got going after both men were near the top of either side of a ladder and Skipper swung around and hit a Hurricanrana off the ladder hard to discribe but you just had to be there to realise just how impressive it was but even that wasn't enough because it was Miyamoto who picked up the win after hitting a shining wizard with Prime Time leaning on a Ladder in the corner then climbing up a second ladder to retrieve the contract at around 30 minutes. Main Event: All-Star Title Submission match John Walters vs Ted Hart i was a little surprised at the ending to this match i was honestly expecting a finish involving the Sharpshooter but John Walters got the win at around the 25 minute mark an retained his title with as Texas Cloverleaf. Ratings: Rorschach bt Franco, C Kid Omega bt Jardi Frantz, C Jack Thriller bt Skayed, B CJ Otis bt Donovan Morgan, C Miyamoto bt Elix Skipper, B John Walters bt Ted Hart, A Final Rating: B+ [i]Well we're getting better and better each show we put on John Walters is proving to be a great choice for Champion and a great figure head for the company and hit match next month against Kazushi Miyamoto should be an absolute classic. We sold 119 tickets this month our second highest yet early projections are that we'll lose abit of money again this month but next month we will spend a little less on wrestlers to try and get back in the black[/i].

Event Preview: [b]Flame on: Showdown! Sat October wk 2.[/b] All-Star Title Match: John Walters vs Kazushi Miyamoto. Sterling James Keenan vs Derek Wylde. Davey Andrews vs Equinox. Jack Thriller vs Lince Dorado. Ollie Burns vs Ted Hart.

[b]Flame on: Showdown![/b] Tonight is the first time Burning Hammer of the Wrestling Gods leaves the safety of The Atkins Fire Dept, In Virginia it's show Flame on: Showdown was held instead at the Arcadia HS Oak Hall, Virginia my name is Martin Houser and this is what i saw at said show. Big changes to the non-wrestling staff Brian Hebner isn't here tonight instead the owner and usual Play by Play Commantator Brett West is the referee for tonights matches, Ben Miller takes over doing the Play by Play and his place doing colour is taken by Ryan Cruz (last seen on the losing side in the 6 man tag match at the Trio Trouble event). Opening Match: Ted Hart vs Ollie Burns, the young brittish wrestler looked decent but Ted Hart got the victory via submission with the Hart Trademarked Sharpshooter. Match 2: Jack Thriller vs Lince Dorado, Surprisngly the Mexican Lince Dorado picked up the big V here after hitting the Cartwheel Splash at a shade over 10 minutes. Match 3: Davey Andrews vs Equinox, Andrews looked very good today and got the win large sections of the crowd were cheering on the young Mexican probably expecting him to get the win like his fellow country man did earlier. Match 4: Sterling James Keenan vs Derek Wylde, after watching the previous Burning Hammer of the Wrestling Gods shows on the Internet (research) there was only going to be 1 outcome to this match (in my most humble opinion) and as usual in wrestling these days i wasn't surprised James Keenan got the win at around the 15 minute mark (that was slightly surprising i didn't think Wylde had that long in him). Main Event: All-Star Title match John Walters (defending) vs Kazushi Miyamoto. The match most people had come to see the rest can be considered filler for most fans really, unfortunately the match wasn't the 5 star classic some had envisaged personaly i'd pin some of the blame on the commantators if you watched it online ... live they wrestlers just didn't seem to "click" John Walters picked up the win succesfully defending the Title the match went over 30 minutes. Match Ratings: Ted Hart bt Ollie Burns, D+ Dorado bt Thriller, D- Andrews bt Equinox, C- James Keenan bt Wylde, D- John Walters bt Miyamoto, D+ Final Rating: D+

[i]Well we managed to pull back $819 but the bank is still on my back we're $2,149 in the red we need to pull that back. Last show didn't come off has well with the fans has previous shows have (D+ compared to B+ the show before) but we must save money so again Brian Hebner will be missing and i will Ref again and Ryan Cruz will again join Ben Miller on commantary that alone will save $1,375 we will again put on a small show making a saving of $1,000 we have also been losing money with Merchandise so i've told them to be more conservative with regards what T-Shirts are made hopefully that will save us a little. By my calculations and making a little guess of maybe making $50 on Merchandise i think we need to spend less than $1,600 on performers this month thats very little ... damn i need a drink . . . [/i]. [b]Around the World report[/b] Sad news Scott Hall was found dead in his home last week . . . [i]Thats almost enough to put me off the drink[/i]. Vince McMahon after handing the reigns over to his daughter Stephanie has come out of retirement and as a new job .... working for his daughter has Head Booker of WWE ... strange ..... and always good for a laugh after making Kip James X-Division Champ and Brother Runt World Champ TNA have made Samoa Joe and Damaja the World Tag Champs ... go Russo!!! More WWE news 2 massive releases Jeff Hardy and . . . . . The Undertaker yep the deadman is gone! [b]Burning Hammer of the Wrestling Gods[/b] Next month's show will be called Lord of the "Squared" Rings, and will be a 4 man league format Tournament everyone faces each other once making 6 matches each will have a 20 minute time limit the show will run for 2 hours the wrestler with the most points is the Lord of the "Squared" Ring. Points are as follows 5 Points by winning in under 10 minutes, 4 points fo Submission win, 3 points for a pinfall win, 2 points for winning by DQ or Countout and 1 point for a Time Limit draw/Double Countout/double DQ. The Competitors: Ted Hart, James Keenan, John Walters + Lince Dorado.

[b]BHotWG: Lord of the "Squared" Ring![/b] The report by Mark Silverman. The show was held in Matthews, Virginia. Match 1: John Walters vs Lince Dorado, a quick match and with the 4 competitors schedueled to fight 3 matches i'm not surprised Walters got the win at around 8 minutes to give him 5 pts. Match 2: Ted Hart vs James Keenan, "Sterling" gets off to a good start picking up 3 points here pinning Hart at around the 13 minute mark, they didn't really "click" (could be the Heel vs Heel thing). Table: Walters: 5. Keenan: 3. Hart: 0. Dorado, 0. Match 3: The 3rd match came right after Ben Miller (the Announcer) had announced the points James Keenan stayed in the ring as it was James Keenan vs Lince Dorado, everyone in attendance hated the finish i know its the Tournament rules but ending via count-out did no one any favours Dorado picks up 2 points. Match 4: Ted Hart vs John Walters, a much better finish and a better match all round possibly 1 of the best matches i've seen this year and it was Hart who got the win (and i ain't even that fond of him) he locked in the Sharpshooter and Walters tapped at around the 19 minute mark. Table: Walters: 5. Hart: 4. Keenan: 3. Dorado: 2. Match 5: It was Ted Harts turn to stay in the ring the 2nd to last match saw Lince Dorado vs Ted Hart. Another average match Hart was looking more fatigued but still managed the win at 12 minutes getting the pinfall for 3 points. Ben Miller took the mic to point out the possible outcomes of the Tournament with Hart now on 7 points for James Keenan to win he needs to win within the 10 minute mark OR by Submission. For a John Walters victory he needs to beat James Keenan but a Countout or DQ victory wont be enough. Match 6: James Keenan vs John Walters, a decent final match for the Tournament and the only 1 to go the full 20 minutes and so was a time limit draw 1 point each means Ted Hart wins the BHotWG Lord of the "Squared" Ring Trophy. Final Table: Hart: 7. Walters: 6. Keenan: 4. Dorado: 2. Ted Hart accepts the trophy and grabbed a mic myself and the others took this opportunity to inform him of how much we think he sucks ... he challenged John Walters to a All-Star Title match right now ... and even said he'd put the Trophy on the line because it means nothing to him compared to the All-Start Title belt Walters came out and said it would be an honour to add the Lord of the "Squared" Ring Trophy to his collection and the match is on. Main Event for the All-Star Title and Lord of the "Squared" Ring Trophy: Ted Hart vs John Walters, we was all shocked at this both men had already wrestled around 50 minutes and now theyd go at it again in what turned out to be an ok match even with the fatigue factor John Walters got the win and celebrated with both the Trophy and All-Star Title belt with most of the 122 fans chanting his name. Match Ratings: Walters bt Dorado, D+ Keenan bt Hart, C- Dorado bt Keenan, D- Hart bt Walters, B- Hart bt Dorado, D+ Walters + Keenan drew, C- Hart challenging Walters, E Walters bt Hart, D Final Rating: D+ [i]Well we put the ticket prices up, we only used 4 wrestlers, we saved money by me refereing and Ryan Cruz doing Colour if that doesn't put us back in the black and keep our bank manager happy i don't know what will. Now the show looking online it turns out fans are happy even though we "overused" James Keenan and Lince Dorado the word on the net is Burning Hammer of the Wrestling Gods is outshining much bigger company's with its quality of matches now thats better than making any money .... [/i] OOC: Overness looks good we are at 17.2 in the Mid-Atlantic, 5.1 in the Great Lakes and the South East and 1.2 all the rest of the world. within the next 6-8 month's we'll be Regional without a doubt.

[b]Around the World news:[/b] Michinoku Pro closed its doors end of November its final Champions were Independent World Jr HW The Great Sasuke, Tohoku Jr Heavyweight Shinjitsu Nohashi and Tohoku Tag Team Kagetora + Rasse. All Pro Wrestling as closed its doors as well the last Champions were APW World Internet Cheerleader Melissa, APW Universal Heavyweight Kafu, APW Tag Team Billy Blade + Derek Sanders and APW Future Legand Daizee Haze. Quite a few retirements this month (some havent wrestled in awhile anyway) Randy Savage, Abdullah The Butcher and Jerry Lawler to name a few, and also big news on the new workers front Dallas Hart Bret Harts son has completed his training at Lance Storm's training school he'll be 1 to look out for. WWE news Randy Orton and Umaga have won the Tag Titles off of The Hooliganz (Brian Kendrick and Paul London) at Survivor Series. [i]Well its December 1st and .... we are still in business to be precise we are $138 in the black yep we made a massive £2,287 last month wow .. just wow well we wont be cutting corners as much this month i am however going to keep Ryan Cruz on Colour and myself as Ref (Sorry Brian) but a full card of 5 matches will be on at ... [b]Flame on: End of Days![/b] and it wil be the last show of the year AND the last show (at least for a few months) in Virginia as we "tour" the Mid Atlantic area.[/i] [b]Flame on: End of Days![/b] [b]All-Star Title match: John Walters vs "Sterling " James Keenan[/b] - After the draw in the Lord of the "Squared" Ring Tournament James Keenan demanded this Title shot. [b]Pirata Morgan Jr vs Kid Omega[/b] - Pirata's Debut. [b]Lince Dorado vs Jack Thriller[/b] - The Rematch after Dorado beat Thriller 2 months ago in the over the top rope match who will win under standard BHotWG rules. [b]Anthony Franco vs Rorscach[/b] - After Rorscach beat Franco to keep his job Franco asked for and got this rematch. [b]Davey Andrews vs CJ Otis[/b] - both men have had a decent run of form and a win here will help their cause for a Title shot in the future.

[b]Flame on: End of Days![/b] A report by Vincent Martins. Me and a few friends went to last nights Burning Hammer of the Wrestling Gods event, we'd heard only good things about the shows and so we got tickets travelled down to Orange Virginia we met Ben Miller and Anthony Franco before the show and they we're great they both signed things for us. The show kicked off with Mexico vs Japan or Pirata Morgan Jr. vs Kid Omega, Omega continued his impressive performances for BHotWG and got the victory at around 11 minutes. Next up came Rorschach vs Anthony Franco, i'll be honest i havent seen any of the promotions other shows and so i dont know the story between these 2 but i did enjoy the match Franco won making Rorschach tap out to the Rear Naked Choke at 12 minutes. The 3rd match was Jack Thriller vs Lince Dorado, yet another masked worker i think more than 1 or 2 at a push is overkill (just my opinion) Jack Thriller won at 13 minutes with an amazing piledriver variation. In the interval we chatted to a few other fans the few that had been to other Burning Hammer shows seemed way to into John Walters and way to serious. The fourth match CJ Otis vs Davey Andrews, a match without any masked highflyers at last didn't think to much myself of CJ Otis but Davey Andrews is my new favourite wrestler he was amazing he won the match by submission with a similar choke hold as Anthony Franco at around 16 minutes. The Main Event was for the All-Star Title (i dont like the name) John Walters vs Sterling James Keenan, it was a very good last match went quite abit longer than the other matches maybe they should sort the balance out Walters got the win (much to the pleasure of the Burning Hammer-bots) he hit a good looking Hurricane DDT the match went around 30 minutes. Match Ratings: Kid Omega bt Pirata Morgan Jr, D+ Franco bt Rorscach, D+ Thriller bt Dorado, D Andrews bt Otis, C Walters bt Keenan, B Final Rating: C+

[b]End of Year News:[/b] Wrestler of the Year: Brock Lesnar. Young Wrestler of the Year: Jay Briscoe. Veteran Wrestler of the Year: Fuerza Guerrera. Female Wrestler of the Year: Cheerleader Melissa. Match of the Year: [b]John Walters vs Ted Hart (Wrestling Heaven, Wrestlers Hell)[/b] Show of the Year: [b]Wrestling Heaven, Wrestlers Hell (Burning Hammer of the Wrestling Gods)[/b]. [i]Great news for us that show of the year AND match of the year wow .. just wow i think we've made it after a little scare we now have $1,619 its going up maybe its time to use a real referee again!? Thats the good news now for some sad news Lillian "The Fabulous Moolah" has passed away .. In our own little way we will be doing a tribute to this great pioneer in womens wrestling a Moolah memorial Tournament for female competitors starting at our January show Flame on: It all begins again! So we better get signing some great female wrestlers.[/i] [b]Flame on: It all Begins again![/b] Matches: All-Star Title match: John Walters vs Elix Skipper. Hi69 vs Kurt Sterling. Plus the first round of the Moolah Memorial Tournament.

[b]BHotWG Flame on: It All Begins Again![/b] The Report by Matthew Henderson. Tonight BHotWG takes a trip over the state line into West Virginia, The South Charleston Community Centre to be precise and as well as that first they are also kicking off their Womens tournament named The Moolah Memorial Tournament. Opening Match: Hi69 vs Kurt Sterling, both men were making their BHotWG debuts Hi69 is a Japanese worker trained by Taka Michinoku in the KAIENTAI Dojo and is said to have a great future as a talented Jr Heavyweight, Kurt Sterling is from Delta, British Columbia and was trained at the school of hard knock but is developing into a good Technical wrestler and this turned out to be a good back and forward opening match Hi69 picked up the big debut victory though at 11 minutes. [b]Moolah Memorial Tournament:[/b] The women were all introduced with lists of their achievement 8 in total 2 from America Alere Little Feather + Rain, Aurora from Canada, Blue Nikita from Greece, Kisu from Finland, Takako Inoue from Japan Violet from England and Wesna from Croatia a multinational Tournament then ... first up was .. "Croation Panther" Wesna vs Alere "Little Feather", Wesna uses a variety of submission moves to wear down Little Feather and soon beat the Native American at just over 8 minutes with a Modified Ki-lock called the Panther Lock, the chemistry these 2 had was very good. The 2nd match of the 1st round was Canada vs the UK with "British Starlet" Violet vs "Northern Light" Aurora, Aurora matched the British Technical style of Violet and got the win with a Mexican Leg Submission. Match 3: "Greek Grace" Blue Nikita vs "Joshi Bitch" Takako Inoue, Inoue continued to prove the Japanese have the best womens competitor by winning this match hitting the Takako Panic and getting a pinfall victory at around 9 minutes. The final match in the first round pitted US against Finland "Minnesota Home Wrecker" Rain vs "Helsinki Heaven" Kisu, Rain makes sure an American is through to the Semi's with a victory over the less experienced finnish wrestler after hitting her patented Acid Rain finisher at around the 10 minute mark. The Main Event: All-Star Title Match John Walters vs Elix Skipper, another excellent Main Event by the company both men really gave their all and John Walters continued to prove he is one of the best Technitions in the bursiness at the moment he got the win and retained his Title at 32 minutes with the Boston Crab. Match Ratings: Hi69 bt Kurt Sterling, C- Wesna bt Little Feather, C- Aurora bt Violet, D+ Inoue bt Blue Nikita, C Rain bt Kisu, D+ Walters bt Skipper, B Final Rating: C+ Attendance: 199. ([i]Next month lets break the 200 mark[/i]).

Febuary we are having a weekend of shows Small show Friday and a Medium show Saturday wk 2. Moolah Memorial Show Night 1 + 2. Night 1: Moolah Memorial Tournament Semi Finals: Aurora vs Wesna. Rain vs Takako Inoue. No.1 Contenders match: Davey Andrews vs Kazushi Miyamoto. Anthony Franco vs Kurt Sterling. All-Star Title match: John Walters vs Jack Thriller.

[b]Moolah Memorial Show night 1[/b] St. Matthews Parish Church, Delaware. Report by Michael Marrell. Match 1: Anthony Franco vs Kurt Sterling, Sterling bt Franco C This opening match had some good matt based styles on show with Kurt Sterling getting his first win in the company. Match 2: Rain vs Takako Inoue, Rain bt Inoue C The first of the 2 Semi-final matches in the Moolah Memorial Tournament USA vs Japan and the US got the win Rain got a pinfall after hitting the Acid-Rain. Match 3: Wesna vs Aurora, Aurora bt Wesna D+ The second Semi Final of the above mentioned tournament saw The "Croation Panther" up against the "Northern Light" with Canada's own Aurora picking up the victory and will now face Rain in tomorrow nights Final. Match 4: Davey Andrews vs Miyamoto, Andrews bt Miyamoto C+ This was announced as a no.1 contenders match and went almost 25 minutes and was a masterclass in technical wrestling, in a surprise (to me at least) it was Davey Andrews who got the win forcing Miyamoto to tap out to the Rear Naked Choke. Match 5: All-Star Title John Walters vs Jack Thriller, Walters bt Thriller B- John Walters again successfully defended the All-Star Title beating the "Honolulu Horror" Jack Thriller at around 23 minutes and even kicked out at a long 2 after being hit by the Phantom Driver (Straight Jacket Piledriver) *Match of the night* Final Rating: C+

[i]I've let a few workers leave with the expiry of their contracts the most noticeable being Ted Hart and Brian Hebner we wish them both the best of luck with all their future endeavers.[/i] [b]Moolah Memorial Show night 2[/b]. Reporting on the Burning Hammer of the Wrestling Gods show from Newark, Delaware is Mark Hainton. Match 1: Hi69 vs Lince Dorado, Hi69 trained by Taka Michinoku looked good and got in some good offence but unfortunately couldn't do enough and lost to the impressive Mexican Lince Dorado. Match 2: Insane Dragon vs Kid Omega, it was a shame but Dragon and Omega didn't "click" very well and Dragon got the win in a spot fest. Match 3: Wesna vs Takako Inoue, This was the 3rd place match in the Moolah Memorial Tournament the Joshi wrestler Takako Inoue got the victory over the "Croation Panther" Wesna both women impressed in my view. Match 4: Rain vs Aurora, Aurora looked very tired by the end of the match this wasn't as stiff as the last match but was still good and showed another different style to womens wrestling with a more matt based match up Aurora got the win to take the Moolah Memorial Cup back home to Canada. Match 5: All-Star Title John Walters vs Davey Andrews, The Main Event unfortunately these 2 just didn't really "click" and made for a bit of an awkward bout Davey Andrews got the win to become the NEW Flame on: All-Star Champion (only the second in BHotWG's short history). Dorado bt Hi69 D- Dragon bt Omega D+ Inoue bt Wesna D Aurora bt Rain C+ Andrews bt Walters to win the All-Star Title B- Final Rating: C

[b]burninghammer.com[/b] March week 3 2008 - [b]March Midweek Midmonth Madness![/b] [b]Flame on: All-Star Title match:[/b]Davey Andrews vs Heavy Metal. [b]Battle of the Dragons[/b] Insane Dragon vs Richard "The Dragon" Steamboat Jr. John Walters vs Shane Sewell. Anthony Franco vs Kurt Sterling. "Sterling" James Keenan vs Equinox. [b]Wrestling World Cup: coming soon to Burning Hammer of the Wrestling Gods[/b].

[b]March Midweek Midmonth Madness[/b]. Fans Report: Dean Watson - I went back!!! I attended the first BHotWG show way back last June and i've decided to report again on what i thought first things first it's a real shame that John Walters is no longer champ has i'd been really impressed with what i saw of him but i am looking forward to seeing him kick Shane's ass i'm also hoping for an announcement about this "Wrestling World Cup" thats coming to Burning Hammer of the Wrestling Gods now better watch the show. Match 1: "The Jezabel" Eden Black vs Alere "Little Feather". This match wasn't announced on the website but was a great addition to the show Eden Black was announced has being a member of team UK so i'm guessing she will be in the Wrestling World Cup she picked up the win too by Submission with the Eden Project. Match 2: "Sterling" James Keenan vs "Team Mexico Member" Equinox, another Wrestling World Cup competitor i'm guessing then though this one didn't fare as well and it was James Keenan that picked up the win hitting the MK Ultra then a pin for the 3 count. Match 3: Kurt Sterling vs Anthony Franco, Team Canada vs Team USA, so from what we've learned so far we know a member from 4 teams for the world cup. Team USA member Anthony Franco got the win by submission with the Rear Naked Choke. Match 4: John Walters vs Shane Sewell, part 2 of Team USA vs Team Canada, good news and bad news for me good news John Walters is in Team USA Bad news Shane Sewell beat him in what was a good match though and went nearly 20 minutes. Match 5: "the battle of the Dragons" Insane Dragon vs Richard "The Dragon" Steamboat, a good enough match but they didn't "click too well so i don't expect we'll be seeing a rematch, alot of the crowd chanting lets go dragon (clever hey!?) Richard Blood (to use his real name) got the win and i'm sure his dad will be pleased. Main Event, All-Star Title match: Davey Andrews vs Heavy Metal, Heavy Metal was announced has Team Mexico Captain and looked very good against Andrews with the prestige he carrys i'm sure he wouldn't of been to pleased with losing on his BHotWG debut but lose he did a rolling suplex from Davey finished him off ad his first Title defence is succesfull. Eden Black bt Alere Little Feather, C- James Keenan bt Equinox, C+ Franco bt Kurt Sterling, D+ Shane Sewell bt John Walters, B- Richard Steamboat bt Insane Dragon, D+ All-Star Title match: Andrews bt Heavy Metal, C+ Final Card Rating: C [i]Abit of wrestling title news i found interesting this week was HBK winning the ECW Title mmm ... almost has amusing has Layla an untrained glorified dancer winning the WWE Womens title. [/i]

[i]Couple of interesting snipits i've found whilst net surfing this week BJ Whitmore (RoH, FIP + IWA:MS wrestler) as got engaged to Hellena Heavenly, and big news is that Ring of Honor is now popurlarity wise more like a Cult promotion![/i] [b]Flame on: Iron man![/b] All-Star Title 60 minute Iron Man Match: Davey Andrews vs John Walters - Walters uses his rematch clause to get any type of match he chooses and he wants Iron man rules. Gary Steele vs Josh Prohibition - Team UK Captain and former NWA World Champion Gary Steele has challenged any member of Team USA to a British Rules match and its Prohibition who stepped up to the plate. La Amapola vs Heather Owens - Team Mexico's lay wrestler vs Team USA'a both are newcomers to BHotWG. Nelson Creed vs Flash Barker - Team Canada vs Team UK Hi69 vs Lince Dorado - Team Japan vs Team Mexico.

Archived