here's a different idea

rather than just make one league, have several like the various wreslting companies in TEW. That way if you want to start a new league like the xfl or old usfl you have the option. Modes I'd like to see would include a player mode, coach mode, owner mode, and commissioner mode. There is obviously room for overlap/transition between modes, as I suppose in a smaller league it's possibly you could do all the above. as far as i know there is no existing game with that built in. features for commish mode would include things like deciding where to base the teams, deciding who own's new teams, how many teams to have, scheduling games, choosing league rules, national tv deals, how money is handled single entity (XFL) vs multiple entity (USFL, NFL) format, etc. also since I know the usfl did it (and xfl should have, especially with vick-prior to the dog thing) have special contracts where essentially the league pays a contract instead of the team so they can sign players that would exceed the caps, but bring popularity to the league (per wikipedia it says the usfl caps were 1.8 mil, but the league signed hershel walker to one of the teams for 6 mil). not only is this great for single player, but if you made this an online game, it could take over with the endless possibilities not afforded in other games. Want a league with 180 teams to fit in all your friends? done. How about NFL vs CFL? done. whatever is wanted could pretty much be done in this format.

Archived