Heavyweight division

I have just tried to get a match up in the heavyweight division with Gamma, trying to get raul hughes (218lbs), the champion, to fight Marvin Stevens (265lbs) and it says the athletic commision wont sanction it due to the weight difference being too large. Why is this, when the weight bracket for the division is 206-265, and in reality, matches like this have happened before with regulated promotions under regulated conditions? I dont understand why i cant book this match. I hope this makes sense, Im just a little confused :)

I think someone suggested somewhere having several fighters in the 240 lb range... guys who can work with the big heavies and the smaller ones. Considering the changes to weight classes being discussed in another thread here... I think one fix would be to have a super heavyweight division... maybe for guys 241 and up.

[QUOTE=tc66tc;328880]I ran across this same problem. I have a 265lb fighter who is a monster but cannot fight the champion because of the weight difference. Is there any way around this Adam?[/QUOTE] My idea would be to try holding the fight in an area in which MMA isn't regulated, that way you can get away with it as long as both parties agree. You may not draw as big a crowd as in your home area, but you could still hold the match if it's that important to your booking plans.

[QUOTE=SadisticBlessings;328897]My idea would be to try holding the fight in an area in which MMA isn't regulated, that way you can get away with it as long as both parties agree. You may not draw as big a crowd as in your home area, but you could still hold the match if it's that important to your booking plans.[/QUOTE] Didnt think about that one.

[QUOTE=tc66tc;328880]I ran across this same problem. I have a 265lb fighter who is a monster but cannot fight the champion because of the weight difference. Is there any way around this Adam?[/QUOTE] I can modify the code to be more forgiving of big weight differences between heavyweights. I'll look into it tonight.

I have just purchased the game and i still got this problem. Playing with demo and retail patch. I tried booking Rav Kapur (265lbs) vs Nicolai Mickiewicz for Heavyweight title and it was denied by athletic commission. Was trying to have the match in London. Is this still a feature of the retail version? or am i playing with an old version?

Archived