WEFF 1996-2000 analysis so far

I'm now halfway through the year 2000 and I've come a LONG way from my days as a small no-name promotion. I want to give a breakdown of everything that has happened and the various strategies I've been employing. I'll comment about my overall experience at the end. [SIZE="5"]1996-1997[/SIZE] Finances: $300,000 by the end of 1996 (huge investments in advertising) [B][U] 5 Events were held:[/U][/B] All events had 12 matches WEFF 15: Ontario Beatdown in July (1,876 in Ontario) WEFF 16: Tsunami in August (2,359 in Ontario) WEFF 17: Raining Blood in October (1,241 in Quebec) WEFF 18: Warrior in November (1,784 in Quebec) WEFF 19: New Year's Bash in December (3,284 in Ontario) [B][U]Corporate Settings:[/U][/B] All default except: Merchandise: Superb Region Strategy: All-out assault on Ontario and Quebec, everything else to none Event Strategy: All-out push Media Department Quality: Above Average [SIZE="5"]1997-1998[/SIZE] Grew to Huge popularity in April Debut of Women's Pro Fighting and Women of the WEFF TV show specials in May Finances: Ranged from $500,000 - $3,000,000 [B][U]8 events were held:[/U][/B] Events had around 8-10 matches WEFF 20: Lines are Drawn in February (3,730 in Ontario) WEFF 21: Never Say Die in March (3,167 in Quebec) WEFF 22: Leaving a Mark in April (2,806 in Quebec) WEFF 23: Leviathan in June (774 in California) WEFF 24: Damnation in August (1,027 in California) WEFF 25: Honor, Valor, Pride in September (1,087 in California) WEFF 26: Fist of Fury in November (3,144 in Quebec) WEFF 27: Heart of a Warrior in December (3,605 in Ontario) [B][U]Corporate Setting Changes:[/U][/B] Region Strategy: Maintain Strength in California, All-out push in Canada [SIZE="5"]1998-1999[/SIZE] Grew to Massive popularity in July Finances: $5,000,000 - $10,000,000 6 Events were held: Besides WEFF 28, all events had 12 matches WEFF 28: No Mercy in January (1,246 in California) WEFF 29: Under Fire in March (5,753 in Quebec) WEFF 30: The Reckoning in April (3,346 in California) WEFF 31: Victory in May (4,220 in California) WEFF 32: Redemption in July (6,080 in California) WEFF 33: Cataclysm in November (7,738 in California) [B][U]Corporate Setting Changes:[/U][/B] Everything maxed (besides ticket prices and comp) Region Strategy: All-out push in Canada/All-out push in California, Maintain strength in America [SIZE="5"]1999-2000 [/SIZE] Grew to Enormous in April Finances: $10,000,000-$20,000,000 [B][U]5 events were held:[/U][/B] All events had 12 matches WEFF 34: Earthquake in January (12,144 in California) WEFF 35: Vaughn's Last Stand in March (10,336 in California) WEFF 36: Adrenaline in June in (11,831 in California) WEFF 37: Curtis vs. Lawson in September (14,103 in California) WEFF 38: Honor, Valor, Pride II in November (16,909 in California) [U][B]Corporate Setting Changes[/B][/U] Region Strategy: All-out assault on America and Mexico, maintain strength everywhere Fiddled around with increasing ticket prices and comp tickets [SIZE="5"] 2000-To Present[/SIZE] Finances: $54,000,000 (profit of $20,000,000 per event) Women's Pro Fighting moved to monthly shows [B][U]2 Events were held as far as May:[/U][/B] All events had 12 matches WEFF 39: Clash of the Titans in February (15,785 in California) WEFF 40: Vehemence in May (16,456 in California) Curious Facts: Best Event: WEFF 37: Curtis vs. Lawson Best Match: Sarah Vaughn vs. Jenny DeNeuve in 1997 at WEFF 27: Heart of the Warrior Events Held: 26 TV Shows Held: 35 Matches Held: 469 Biggest Upset: Eiko Shiokawa (13-8) beat world renown Chelsea Lawson (28-6-1) for the Heavyweight Championship at WEFF 40: Vehemence Lightweight Title Holders: Summers -> DeNeuve -> Fujiwara (3 defences) -> DeNeuve -> Igarashi -> Jameson -> Fujiwara Heavyweight Title Holders: Lawson (awarded title) -> Maclean (3 defences) -> Sablikova (1 defence) -> Curtis -> Lawson -> Shiokawa Longest Win Streak: Fujiwara (13) followed by Lawson (10) Best Record: Fujiwara (22-2) Retirements: Karen Curtis (injury), Lisa Labone (injury), and Sarah Vaughn (age) Drug Incident: Haley Croft Future Hall of Famers: Fujiwara, Maclean, Igarashi, DeNeuve, Lawson Female Fighter of the Year: Fujiwara and DeNeuve Lightweight Rankings: Fujiwara, DeNeuve, Igarashi, Jameson, Wareing, O'Neil, Paulson, Russo, Smith, Summers Heavyweight Rankings: Lawson, Maclean, Shiokawa, Croft, Sablikova, Bergman, Lehane, Fox, Nanami, Beattie Roster Total: 49 fighters Highest Paid Fighter: Lawson ($500,000) and Igarashi ($500,000) --- Fujiwara has only asked for $25,000 so far despite her dominance Comments: The majority of my events have been said to be at least "good" by the fans. TV shows are less consistent, but generally do well as I host them in really low popular areas like South America. The key thing is that I almost NEVER have trouble with people being disappointed by my events. As long as I have at least a very high interest-level show (I usually can get at least one extremely high interest-level show and I think I've only had one or two massive interest-level shows), the fans are happy. I've also only had one fighter stolen away from me (Maehatta), and that was because I accidentally gave them an associate contract. :p I moved so quickly from small to huge and signed all my fighters to exclusive contracts, that the other promotions had little time to do so. I've begun running all-out assault marketing strategies on the entire world, and it's only costing me a measly $3,000,000. Hopefully that will eventually make my promotion rise above ALPHA and GAMMA. After that, what is there left to do besides start a new game? I'm starting to get worried that perhaps, in the end, the game is too easy. It could be remedied by fighters demanding more money, corporate settings costing more (I've had everything running on max for years and it's costing me nothing), and a better sense of competition. Once you get past the initial hump of starting a small company and expand into a big/huge company, it becomes way too easy to make money. So, I guess my only real complaint is the lack of challenge at this point and I hope something can be done to remedy that. I can say, however, that I've been having a BLAST playing this game. I'm looking forward to seeing the new promotions. :D

my only complaint thus far is that there seems little to do between cards once you pre book them. i find myself clicking away unitl fight night. i guess im used to the depth of TEW. BUT overall im having a great time. i love the small touches like the "blueberry" :D and card slide shows are cool.

[QUOTE]my only complaint thus far is that there seems little to do between cards once you pre book them. i find myself clicking away unitl fight night. i guess im used to the depth of TEW. BUT overall im having a great time. i love the small touches like the "blueberry" and card slide shows are cool.[/QUOTE] Yeah, I do the same. Most of my time is spent booking matches, figuring out which fighters are on win streaks and so on. After that I just click away until the main event. I do, however, browse over the news watching for new fighters/fighters quitting or anything that has to do with my promotion. I don't even care about anyone else. :p I'm really digging the renders. :D

[QUOTE]I think advertising is too good and cheap. It should cost a lot more and the effect should be smaller.[/QUOTE] Yeah, I think all the corporate options should cost more, especially the advertising/promotional strategies because they are so fundamental at being successful.

Is it possible for fighters to get hurt while training for a fight? That would certainly add a little something to the time between booking and the actual event, if there were to be injuries every now and then and you'd have to figure out a replacement or scrap the fight. It might already be in the game, but it just hasn't happened to me as it is quite rare in real life too.

[QUOTE=Lux`;335142]Is it possible for fighters to get hurt while training for a fight? That would certainly add a little something to the time between booking and the actual event, if there were to be injuries every now and then and you'd have to figure out a replacement or scrap the fight. It might already be in the game, but it just hasn't happened to me as it is quite rare in real life too.[/QUOTE] Yes, fighters can get hurt while training, but it's very rare. Injuries actually happen a fair amount after events, some even argue too much. So, there are quite a few times where you have to make new plans, but when you're a big company, losing a top fighter for a few months is nothing as you always have replacements that can step in.

Archived