Protecting Veterans?

Am I the only one who protects the vets in WMMA? I will use Dan Halvorsen as my prime example. In my game it says he is experiencing general "wear and tear" so I give him plenty of time between his fights even though he doesn't ask for it. I also dont feed him to guys who could potential hurt him. He seems like a very respected guy in the game world as the owner of one of the best schools...Im just not gonna throw the old guy in there with Maarten De Vries or anybody else thats gonna knock his head through the mat and potentially injure the poor man anymore. I dont care if he wins or not, I just dont wanna see him hurt. So far in my game I think he has faced Fernando Amaro, Greg Atteveid, and Carl Ratcliffe. Just the mat guys...Atteveid is another guy I protect....he never wins but I still protect him and cant see myself getting rid of him... So anybody else do this? Or any other quirks you'd like to share?

I'm pretty much the opposite. I like to give guys like Halvorson or Rick Stanley the hardest fights because I want to make sure I get as much as I can out of them before they retire. For example, Rick Stanley is extremely popular so I want to have him fight in as many huge fights as possible. He has already KO'd Gilchrist and Foster, now I have him scheduled to fight Raul Hughes for the title.

• 2 weeks later...
I protect James Foster to some degree...I give him good fights, but I always make sure they are fighters he can beat, like Harry Milne...you know..B level fighters. Rav Kapur I definetly protect. He's 11-2 with his only 2 losses coming from Lefter Oktay and Bicknell the bum.

Archived