Concerning Retirements

I'm not very deep into my universe yet, so I haven't seen a lot of retirements. The ones I saw were mostly due to age/injury. I wonder if guys who are still in their 20's can decide to just call it quits sooner because of horrendous losing streaks or not being employed by anybody over a considerable time span? I love to scan the free agent market for new talent and bring them up or feed them to the dogs depending on their performance but these last few game months have been slow in that regard. So I thought I could manually retire some cans and have the regeneration engine spit out a couple of new ones but alas, that didn't happen, at least it wasn't reported on blurcat. My next idea is to make them older to point at which they retire. I'm only afraid that I could be screwing up my database and provoking some unwanted run-time errors down the road. Would it be safe to do this? Second question, I run a monthly TV show called "TUF Dawgs" with the sole purpose to give my up and comers plenty of opportunities to gain experience. More times than others, that results in a slight loss of popularity. I think a good PPV afterwards is more than enough to offset those losses or should I try and have at least one high caliber main event on the show to be on the safe side ? thanks, barky

I have seen fighters of all ages retire because they think they suck. Doesn't happen a lot, but it happens. [QUOTE]Second question, I run a monthly TV show called "TUF Dawgs" with the sole purpose to give my up and comers plenty of opportunities to gain experience. More times than others, that results in a slight loss of popularity. I think a good PPV afterwards is more than enough to offset those losses or should I try and have at least one high caliber main event on the show to be on the safe side ?[/QUOTE] Yes, usually I think that will more than make up for the slight loss of popularity. Also, when it says something like "you've lost popularity in six regions" or whatever, I think it actually means you've lost an ENTIRE level of popularity. Meaning, you went from something like great to good. I just recently noticed this and I'm much more sensitive at making at least decent events.

Archived