ROH Newswire

[IMG]http://rohwrestling.com/images/forumlogo.gif[/IMG] Taken from the ROH Message Board: Just got to the Mellon Arena in Pittsburgh, and it is absolutely packed here! They are hangin' from the rafters as the old sayin' goes! [B]PRESHOW: Matt Cross and Eddie Edwards over Ernie Osiris and Sugarfoot Payne[/B]. Crowd definately is gettin' into the new team of Cross and Edwards in about 8 minutes. I really doubt that there is room on the roster for them both now, but It would be cool to give them a few more shots, and if they impress, keep them around. [B]Rating: * 1/2*[/B] [B]1. Erick Stevens over Gran Akuma[/B]. This match was dominated by hard strikes back and forth between these two. Akuma ROCKED Stevens with kicks thruought, while Stevens hit Akuma with a few Lariats that almost knocked Akuma out of his boots. Stevens hits a Running Powerslam for the pin in about 12 minutes. [B]Rating: **[/B] [B]2. Mike Quackenbush over Pelle Primeau.[/B] Quackenbush was his normal awesome self, very fluid, and right on target with all his Lucha. The bigger story on this nite is Pelle's performance. In the past, the crowd has always gotten behind 'em, but he definately put on a stellar performance, and it wouldn't suprise me to see him booked on the Main Show alot more than he usually is. Quackenbush finished off Pelle with a Michinoku Driver in about 9 minutes. [B]Rating ** 1/2*[/B] [B]3. Delirious, Kevin Steen, and El Generico over The Hangmen 3 of Brent, Albright, BJ Whitmer, and Shane Hagadorn in a Street Fight[/B]: Aparently, Pearce must of had some travel issue, because Hagadorn stepped in and took his place in this match. THIS was the match that these 6 have been trying to have for months.They really clicked in this one, and the crowd was actually impresed with Hagadorn, who gave the performance of his life. Delirious got a measure of revenge for the Hangm3n's recent attacks on him when he stapled an ROH Program to the head of Hagadorn to the delight of the crowd. The end saw Delirious pin Hagadorn after that brutal Staple Gun attack in 14 minutes. [B]Rating ** 3/4*[/B] [B]4. The No Remorse Corps of Roderick Strong, Rocky Romero, and Davey Richards over The Vulture Squad of Jack Evans, Ruckus, and Jigsaw when Romero pins Jigsaw.[/B] I didn't think that these two factions could upstage the last match, but somehow they did. They stole the show like they did back in NYC at GBH VI: N2. I hope that this is the sort of action that will be highlighted in the coming year, because it was the perfect blending of strikes, high flying attacks, and submissions. This match ended when Romero hit a Top Rope Spin Kick on Jigsaw for the pinfall. [B] Rating ***[/B] [B]5. ROH vs. NOAH: KENTA over Claudio Castignoli[/B]. The most amazing thing about this match? They gave them nearly 30 MINUTES! Sadly, Claudio didn't click as well with KENTA like he did with Hero at Final Battle, so this match was slightly dissapointing, but it still had some very solid streches thruought. I really thought that they were goin' for the 30 Minute draw, but KENTA hit the Go 2 Sleep on Claudio with under a minute to spare to rack up a win for NOAH. [B] Rating: ** 1/2*[/B] [B]6. ROH vs. NOAH: Austin Aries over Naomichi Marufuji.[/B] Like the last match, there was just something missing. Maybe the crowd was eargerly awating the big matches that were still coming, but they seemed out of it. Marufuji controlled much of the match, but Aries hit The Brainbuster/450 combo to gain a very important victory over Marufuji in 25 minutes. For the last few shows, I thought that they were starting to lose hope in Aries, but with a big win like this, I must of been mistaken. [B]Rating ** 1/2*[/B] * The Briscoes say it's TIME TO MAN UP! MAN UP! They say that every match they have against the AotF is tougher and tougher, so they have to constantly up their game. That's why tonite they turned to one of their idols that they used to watch when they were teenagers, THE SANDMAN to take care of Necro Butcher, once and for all! * *The Sandman says that he''s honored that The Briscoes called him up to go against Necro. He says that he has a lot in common with The Briscoes, they both love drinking and kicking ass! Sandman says that he wants to prove that he is still the biggest Hardcore SOB out there, and this is the perfect way to do just that. Hak says that by the end of the nite, Necro will be very familiar with the Singapore Cane.* [B]7. ROH World Tag Title Match: The Briscoes over The Age of the Fall of Tyler Black and Jimmy Jacobs when Mark pins Black after the Cut Throat Driver[/B]. This match was by FAR the best in the Briscoes/AotF series, which was great to see on the grand stage of PPV. Started out brawling in the crowd, but the lest 10 minutes was near perfect tag team action. I hope they have a way to keep this feud fresh, because they are really clicking now! [B] Rating: *** 1/2* [/B] [B]8. The Sandman over Necro Butcher in a No DQ Match.[/B] About what you would expect between the two. The crowd was a little burned out, but popped to see old fave Sandman take it to a younger version of himself in Necro. The end saw The Briscoes come out and put Necro thru a table with a Doomsday Device Bulldog thru a table. Sandman followed it up with a DDT and we have the feel good moment of the PPV. [B]Rating ** 1/2*[/B] * A hype Video of Nigel is shown, showcasing his previous title defenses* * Chris Hero says that if he doesn't walk out champ tonite, his own PERSONAL referee will start at the next doubleshot. He's giving ROH officials one night to get it right! *Danielson says that a few months ago, there would be no prize bigger than the ROH Title to him. But now, he has one goal going into this match. He is going to take out Morishima once and for all! [B]9. ROH World Title Match: Nigel McGuinness over Chris Hero, Bryan Danielson, and Takeshi Morishima. [/B]Yet another Main Event that delivers! These 4 can really do no wrong these last few months. Started off pretty slow, with a lot of chain wrestling between Danielson and Hero at the begining, but quickly escalated between Morishima and Danielson who got each other DQ'ed when an all out BRAWL broke out between the two. The lockeroom emptied but couldn't get these heated rivals apart. That left Hero and McGuinness, again. Hero came SOOO close when Sweeney pulled Nigel's foot of the ropes after The Hero's Welcome, but the ref saw it and threaten to DQ Hero. This gave Nigel just enough time to gather himself, and hit a Jawbreaker Lariat for the 1-2-3. [B]Rating: ****[/B] MOTN: Definately the Main Event [B]OUICK RESULTS =============== PRESHOW: Matt Cross and Eddie Edwards over Ernie Osiris and Sugarfoot Payne. 1. Erick Stevens over Gran Akuma. 2. Mike Quackenbush over Pelle Primeau. 3. STREETFIGHT: Delirious, El Generico, & Kevin Steen over The Hangm3n of Brent Albright, BJ Whitmer, and Shane Hagadorn. 4. No Remorse Corps of Strong, Romero, and Richards over The Vulture Squad of Evans, Ruckus, and Jigsaw. 5. NOAH vs. ROH: KENTA over Claudio Castlgnoli. 6. NOAH vs. ROH: Austin Aries over Naomichi Marufuji. 7. ROH Tag Title Match: The Briscoes over The Age of the Fall of Tyler Black and Jimmy Jacobs. 8. The Sandman over Necro Butcher. 9. ROH World Title 4 Corner Elimination Match: Nigel McGuinness retains over Chris Hero, Takeshi Morishima, and Bryan Danielson -Danielson and Morishima get DQ'd at 14 minutes. -Nigel pins hero with Jawbreaker Lariat at 24 minutes. [/B] OOC Note: Gotta' take my hat off to The Human Cancer for going 6/7 in scheduled matches for the show! Very impressive!

[IMG]http://rohwrestling.com/images/home_logo.jpg[/IMG] [B]ROH NEWSWIRE[/B] Monday, Week 1, March 2007: Thanks to all Ring Of Honor fans that made the Sixth Anniversary Show the biggest in ROH history! There was a legit sellout of 10,000 paid at the Mellon Arena in Pittsburgh,PA. Tuesday, Week 1, March 2007: Adam Pearce says that he tried a hands off approach to ridding ROH of Delirious and his allies, but apparently The Hangmen 3 could not be trusted just yet. Pearce and his man-servant Shane Hagadorn have challenged Delirous and a partner of his chosing to a tag team match at Nite 1 of the March doubleshot. Stay tuned to the Newswire for more on this situation. Tuesday, Week 1, March 2007: Ring of Honor is pleased to announce our annual tradition. The March doubleshot will feature the stars of Dragon Gate! This year, Genki Horiguchi, Susumu Yokosuka, and Masaki Mochizuki will grace ROH rings for two spectacular nights. Although they are on separate sides of faction warfare in their home promotion of Dragon Gate, they know how important it is to rack up wins while they are here in America! Thursday, Week 1, March 2007: Ring of Honor officials are happy to announce the signing of the first Dragon Gate vs. ROH match, this one on Nite 1 of the March doubleshot. You will see Team Dragon Gate of Genki Horiguchi, Susumu Yokosuka, and Masaki Mochizuki face The Vulture Squad of Jack Evans, Ruckus, and Jigsaw. This match is very important to Jack Evans, he wants to show Dragon Gate officals that he should be in the Main Event picture in Dragon Gate. Friday, Week 1, March 2007: We have huge news concerning the main event of Nite 1 of the doubleshot. You will see a HUGE Tag Team main event pitting ROH World Champion and Bryan Danielson against Takeshi Morishima and Chris Hero. We do not have to tell you all the issues leading into this huge match. Chris Hero and S&SI have also promised to "debut" their own personal official in this match. You will have to be there at the UCONN Ice Arena to see this one! [B]March Double Shot: Nite 1 Live From UCONN Ice Arena, Conneticut Thursday, Week 3, March 2007 =====================[/B] Main Event Tag Team Match ROH World Champion Nigel McGuinness and Bryan Danielson vs. Takeshi Morishima and Chris Hero with Sweet & Sour International. Dragon Gate vs. Ring of Honor Genki Horiguchi, Susumu Yokosuka, and Masaki Mochizuki vs. The Vulture Squad of Jack Evans, Ruckus, and Jigsaw with Julius Smokes Special Challenge Match Adam Pearce and Shane Hagadorn vs. Delirious and a Mystery Partner

[IMG]http://rohwrestling.com/images/home_logo.jpg[/IMG] [B]ROH NEWSWIRE[/B] Friday, Week 1, March 2007: An interesting stipulation has been added to the Main Event of Nite 1 of the March doubleshot. If Nigel gets the deciding pinfall or submission, he may choose his ow opponent for his scheduled Title Defens on Nite 2 of the doubleshot. If Hero, Danielson, or Morishima take the fall, they will face Nigel for the ROH World Title on the Nite 2! You will not want to miss them! Monday, Week 2, March 2007: Bryan Danielson has recently contacted ROH officials and has stated that even if he gets the fall on Nite 1, he still wants Takeshi Morishima in a Grudge Match on the same nite! We contacted Pro Wrestling NOAH officials and Takeshi Morishima has aggreed to the same stipulation! That's right we will see Takeshi Morishima vs. Bryan Danielson at Nite 2 of the Doubleshot! Monday, Week 2, March 2007: The Briscoes have once again requested a match against The Age of the Fall! On Nite 1 of the March doubleshot, there will be a Fight Without Honor pitting The Briscoes against Jimmy Jacobs and Tyler Black of the Age of the Fall! ROH officials have decided that the titles will not be on the line in this match, due to The Briscoes beating the AotF duo in their last match. If the AotF is victorious, they will be propelled right into the title picture again! [B]March Double Shot: Nite 1 Live From UCONN Ice Arena, Conneticut Thursday, Week 3, March 2007 =====================[/B] Main Event Tag Team Match ROH World Champion Nigel McGuinness and Bryan Danielson vs. Takeshi Morishima and Chris Hero with Sweet & Sour International. Dragon Gate vs. Ring of Honor Genki Horiguchi, Susumu Yokosuka, and Masaki Mochizuki vs. The Vulture Squad of Jack Evans, Ruckus, and Jigsaw with Julius Smokes Non-Title Fight Without Honor The Briscoes vs. The Age of the Fall of Jimmy Jacobs and Tyler Black with Lacey Special Challenge Match Adam Pearce and Shane Hagadorn vs. Delirious and a Mystery Partner [B]March Double Shot: Nite 2 Live From Meadowlands Expo Centre, New Jersey Friday, Week 3, March 2007 =====================[/B] Main Event ROH World Champion Nigel McGuinness vs. ??? Grudge Match Bryan Danielson vs. Takeshi Morishima

[B]OOC:[/B] I just wanted to let all those that have read this dynasty know what is going on. I have decide to do something a little different with this dynasty. I have moved all updates from this thread to the following blog, which can be found at [URL="http://ringofhonortew.blogspot.com/"]http://ringofhonortew.blogspot.com/[/URL] I will still post in this thread to let everyone know that there has been an update, but I really think that this blog will make it much easier for me to organize my thoughts about this dynasty that I hope will last for far into the future. Feel free to let me know your thoughts in this thread, or even on the blog itself. I have set it up that ANYONE can comment on the blog, you don't even have to have a Google or Blogger account. Let me know what you think about this idea, I would love any feedback....

Archived