CCW: Rise of the Underdogs (A C-Verse Diary)

[CENTER][SIZE="6"][B][U]CCW News[/U][/B][/SIZE] Sunday, Week 2, February 2007 [SIZE="4"][B]Next Show: CCW Mailed Fission[/SIZE] Carnival Queen Kendra vs. Nadia Snow Kashmir Singh vs. Leo Davis Murderous Mikey vs. Rex Reeves Harry Wilson vs. Titan vs. Lazy Joe vs. Dermot O'Logical for #1 Contender[/B] [B][U]4-Way Match for #1 Contender[/U][/B] After the tremendous success of the first tournament a four-way contender match is being issued for CCW Mailed Fission next month. This fatal four match will determine who gets a shot at the title at CCW Spring Fling in April. [B][U]CCW Champion Tully Arthurs In Mystery Match[/U][/B] Tully Arthurs will be at CCW Mailed Fission with a big announcement. According to the initial reports he is booked in a mystery match with a completely random opponent while the #1 contender is being determined. This will not be at title-match. [B][U]Ginko Kuroda Crowned Women's Champion[/U][/B] Ginko was interviewed after her win, and she has stated that Nadia Snow will probably be her biggest competitor for the title. Nadia will be wrestling Carnival Queen Kendra at next month's show as part of process of determining the next title shot. [B][U]New Manager Has New Client[/U][/B] Jemma "The Muse" Griffiths, a recently hired valet has announced that she has taken on a new client and will make that announcement at next month's show. [/CENTER] Quick Picks Jemma Griffith's New Client ??? Carnival Queen Kendra vs. Nadia Snow Kashmir Singh vs. Leo Davis Murderous Mikey vs. Rex Reeves Harry Wilson vs. Titan vs. Lazy Joe vs. Dermot O'Logical Tully Arthurs vs. ?????? (non-title)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jemma Griffith's New Client ??? [LEFT][I]Ok- this diary is all about those who haven't quite made it in the Cornellverse, but your promotion is missing someone who could truly be a main eventer at this level- that man is [B]Thomas Morgan[/B] [/I][/LEFT] Carnival Queen Kendra vs. [B]Nadia Snow[/B] [I]The champion Kuroda alluded to it in her interview, so I think Snow picks up the win. I was also pretty much spot on when I said the women would steal the show. [/I] Kashmir Singh vs. [B]Leo Davis[/B] [I]Singh could be a force in this level of fed, if pushed right, then again Davis is the owner, so I reckon they'll be a bit of 'owners perogative' going on here[/I]. [B]Murderous Mikey[/B] vs. Rex Reeves [I]Could literally go either way, does anyone care enough who wins between these two, can they make us care ?[/I] Harry Wilson vs. Titan vs. [B]Lazy Joe[/B] vs. Dermot O'Logical [I]Harry Wilson would be the logical choice, but I think you will slow build towards his re-match with Tully Arthurs. TJ 'Baby' Bailey will somehow cost Wilson the match, and Lazy Joe will fall-asleep on Titan to steal the victory.[/I] [B]Tully Arthurs[/B] vs. ?????? (non-title) [I]Both of the Lewis Brothers challenge Tully in a handicap match, but the champ comes through their challenge.[/I]

Jemma Griffith's New Client ??? [I]Let's see. Who's left down at the bottom of the pile that isn't already here? Nope, can't think. Stretch the Chicken Boy?[/I] Carnival Queen Kendra vs. [B]Nadia Snow[/B] Kashmir Singh vs. [B]Leo Davis[/B] [B]Murderous Mikey [/B]vs. Rex Reeves [I]Taking the 'y' of his name would make me care more about him. I just don't buy into a big guy who is supposed to murder people called Mikey. But maybe that's the genius of the gimmick![/I] Harry Wilson vs. [B]Titan[/B] vs. Lazy Joe vs. Dermot O'Logical [B]Tully Arthurs[/B] vs. ?????? (non-title)

Jemma Griffith's New Client? - [b]Honest Frank! Go on![/b] Carnival Queen Kendra vs. [b]Nadia Snow[/b] [b]Kashmir Singh[/b] vs. Leo Davis [b]Murderous Mikey[/b] vs. Rex Reeves Harry Wilson vs. Titan vs. Lazy Joe vs. [b]Dermot O'Logical[/b] (I love you Dermot!) [b]Tully Arthurs[/b] vs. [i]Cameron Vessey[/i] (non-title)

[QUOTE]Jemma Griffith's New Client? - Honest Frank! Go on![/QUOTE] Hey! Come on now! I have made Honest Frank somewhat semi-respectable! At least as a lower tier manager and occasional dark match jobber. And that's after seven game years of hard work and development! So don't go dissing the Frankster! :D :p

[QUOTE=Dragonmack;348228]Hey! Come on now! I have made Honest Frank somewhat semi-respectable! At least as a lower tier manager and occasional dark match jobber. And that's after seven game years of hard work and development! So don't go dissing the Frankster! :D :p[/QUOTE] Psh!! Dermot O'Logical is one of my main eventers in my SWF game and that's only just gone past 2 years in! :p I'm planning to post up the save game elsewhere so others can play it if they want but I'm organising my notes and everything first since they're a total mess. I'm loving that game so much, can't wait until Squeeky McClean gets back from injury... in another 8 months. :(

[CENTER][B][U][url]www.TOTALEXTREMEWRESTLING.com[/url][/U][/B] Sunday, Week 4, February 2007 [B][U][SIZE=6]February Review[/SIZE][/CENTER] [/U][/B] [B][U]VOTING HAS BEEN TALLIED![/U][/B] Over the past couple of weeks we have been holding several different polls about who was the best in various aspects of each industry. When the voting slowed we would announce the results but we have decided to keep the polls open and announce the winners on a weekly basis and summarize them in our monthly reviews. First off we have Peter Michaels again winning "Best Announcer in the World." Week after week he has consistantly been in the top place by a wide margin so it is official, he is the best for the month of February. Next we have the "Best Manager in the World" going to "Easy" Emma Chase. Like Peter, she has clearly been the fan favorite as she has almost twice the votes as the next leading manager. For "Best Young Prospect in Wrestling Today" the lastest tally has it for Wolf Hawkins. This fiery young wrestler has already put on performances that are on par or better then workers who have been wrestling for twice as long. Wolf is definitely a young worker to keep an eye on. Next for "Best Technical Wrestler in the World" we have a bit of an upset. Early on Eisaku Kunomasu was in the lead and we announced him as the winner, but surprisingly Yoshimi Mushashibo has come from behind and now is the clear winner. Mushashibo has mainted his lead over the past couple of weeks so the Best Technical Wrestler for February goes to Mushashibo. Finally to recap: "Best Overall Wrestler" was awarded to Marc DuBois and "Best High Flyer" has been awared to Tom "Angry" Gilmore. [B][U]Emerald Angel Injured![/U][/B] The WLW star took a serious blow to the back in last night's match and had to be carried out from the ring. Emerald Angel went to hit a spectacular Twisting Senton from the top ropes when his foot slipped while jumping off the turnbuckle and he landed very heavily onto his lower back. The intial report is that he has a herniated spinal disc and the doctors are trying non-surgical treatments first. While the full diagnosis is not available, herniated discs can sometimes be treated without surgery and then the injury usually heals in about six weeks. If surgery is required it could be several months or even years before he has fully recovered from the damage. [B][U]Retirement[/U][/B] At last week's show, The Stomper, star and owner of NYCW has announced that he will be retiring. He told his fans how much he enjoyed running NYCW and competing in the ring but that time had finally taken it's toll and that he would start focusing more on the management and running of NYCW. He ended by saying that with his renewed focus on the operation of NYCW that there should be visible improvements and that NYCW will continue to grow and expand and provide thrilling old-school matches. [B][U]Promotion Reports[/U][/B] [LIST] [*][B]BHOTWG[/B] As touring season approachs, BHOTWG has started signing workers left and right. One of their recent signs was Julian Watson. Watson is an interesting choice but he has been ear marked as having potential overseas. [*][B]MAW[/B] This small company made headlines with their announcement of their new colour commentator: Hustler D. The shock jock midget has had a radio program known for it's offensive edge before this, and it will be interesting to see (or more accurately hear) how Hustler D's edge meshes with MAW's family friendlier old-school traditional feel. Some people have speculated that this is an attempt by MAW owner Rip Chord to start reaching towards a newer, younger audience. Editors Note: In the week since that news was revealed MAW experienced a huge surge in audience size, getting almost triple the number of people as they had for previous shows. Rip Chord announced that he is planning on holding touring shows to help get MAW more popular in the entire region. Rip Chord went on to say that he specifically picked Hustler D and that so far the small commentator has been worth twice his weight in gold. [*][B]NOTBPW[/B] Two Canadian superstars have recently won the NOTBPW Tag Team Title, Dark Angel and Johnny Bloodstone. Two killer heels banded together and smashed the younger Can-Am Blondes who only managed a single defense before losing the titles. [*][B]NYCW[/B] Honest Frank & Rick Sanders teamed together forming "Decimation." Their first match was a huge success when they won the NYCW Tag title from "Wiley Coyote." [*][B]PGHW[/B] Josh Taylor surprised everyone when he announced that GCG had made a bid for his contract which was currently being reviewed by PGHW. He told the interviewer that he personally called up the GCG hired negotiator and "laughed in [the GCG negotiator's] face." PGHW issued a statement stating how important Taylor's work was for the company and that they greatly appreciated his continued sense of loyalty which has always been valued at PGHW. [*][B]UCR[/B] News from the European scene has stated that the programs and roster have been fairly consistent, with the only real change being that top female competitors Alpha Female and Jeri Behr have formed a new tag team: "The Dogs of War." The only other big change was that Star Wars geek Toby Juan Kanobi beat Joey Beauchamp for the UCR European title. Since the break-up of his tag team many have speculated if Toby Juan had what it takes to be a singles competitor, and this title win should quiet many of his critics. Meanwhile Joey Beauchamp has been raising quite a stink saying that he was "cheated out of the title." A re-match will is scheduled to be had in several months. [*][B]WEXXV[/B] In an absolutely brutal and bloody match, Hiroshi Morisue wins the WEXXV King of Death Matches after cutting his opponent open and knocking him clean out. [/LIST]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="6"]CCW Mailed Fission[/SIZE][/B] Friday, Week 2, March Ohio Jewish Center Attendance: 15 [/CENTER] Gabriel: [COLOR="Indigo"]"Welcome to CCW Mailed Fission. I'm Gabriel Mossak and sitting with me at the announcing table here is the very lovely Jemma "The Muse" Griffiths."[/COLOR] Jemma is wearing a very southern style outfit very reminiscent of Daisy Duke. Jemma: [COLOR="Olive"]"Why thank you for that lovely lil' announcement. Ah do declare that since singing up here that everyone has just been so nice and all. In fact, one person in particular has been an absolute gentleman, helping me get lil' thing settled. He's been so helpful that ah just had to help him out however I could."[/COLOR] Gabriel: [COLOR="Indigo"]"That's right, the new client you announced. So, who's the lucky fellow?"[/COLOR] Jemma: [COLOR="Olive"]"Ah'm proud to present mah fellow Southerner... Rex Reeves."[/COLOR] Rex walks out, kneels down and gives Jemma a sweet kiss on the hand. Rating: F+ Gabriel: [COLOR="indigo"]"Well there you have it folks, Jemma and Rex are now working together, and it would appear that they are going to also be representing the South given their behavior. Anyway, now up is our first match, and wrestling for us will be Nadia Snow and Carnival Queen Kendra."[/COLOR] [B]Carnival Queen Kendra vs. Nadia Snow[/B] Nadia Snow right from the start seems a demon possessed, charging Kendra and immediately arm dragging into an arm bar. Kendra is just able to reach the ropes but Nadia refuses to let go. The crowd starts booing a bit and ref Dale Kenney has to drag Nadia out of the submission. Nadia barely lets Kendra get back to her feet before she hits another takedown and this time starts with a leg lock. Kendra is getting completely stretched out there. Again Kendra barely makes it to the ropes and again Nadia refuses to let go, forcing the ref to drag her off again. The ref warns Nadia that one more time and she will be DQ'd. Nadia gets even more pissed at that warning and takes it out on Kendra. Kendra is not taking it this time though, climbing up to the top while Nadia was arguing with the ref and hitting a splash as soon as Nadia turns back around. Kendra knocks Nadia flat out but when Kendra tries to roll up for the pin, Nadia reverses it and the ref hits the 3-count before Kendra can escape. [B] Nadia Snow defeated Carnival Queen Kendra in 5:54 by pinfall. Carnival Queen vs. Nadia Rating: E- [/B] Tully's rock anthem plays as the huge man walks down to the ring, the gleaming CCW Champion belt thrown casually over his shoulder. He raises his arms as the crowd cheers (all dozen of 'em). Tully motions and Gabriel tosses him a mic. Tully: [COLOR="Navy"]"Greetings Ohio! Tonight I have a mystery match with a mystery guest and let me tell you, it's gonna be great. But before they announce who my opponent will be, let me up the stakes a bit. I do not believe that I deserve special protection just because I'm the CCW Champion! If I'm the champion then I should prove it every single match. Therefore, I'm upping the ante on this and all of my future matches. Every single match I wrestle I will put the title on the line. If I'm in the ring then it is a title match. Period. Heck, I'll even put it on the line in a tag team or 6-man match, and then whoever pins me gets the gold. So Gabriel. Please announce who the next contender for the CCW Champion belt is."[/COLOR] Gabriel: [COLOR="Indigo"]"Well, we were going to keep this quiet until right before the match, but because it is now a title match I imagine we can tell. Coming straight from Canadian underground wrestling, 4C, a two time Tag Team champion...Hardcore Killah!"[/COLOR] Gangsta rap plays as Hardcore Killah struts out, motioning for the belt across Tully's broad shoulders. Hardcore Killah leaves and Tully hands the mic back to Gabriel before leaving backstage as well. [B]Rating: D- Murderous Mikey vs. Rex Reeves w/ Jemma Griffiths[/B] Rex Reeves walks out accompanied by Jemma Griffiths. Fitting a Southern Gentleman he makes sure Jemma is settled before entering the ring. Murderous Mikey storms out with a nasty look on his face, giving Rex a mean glare. Mikey again doesn't even wait for the bell to ring before starting to kick Rex's ass, however Rex is doing a good job defending. While Rex cannot match the sheer power that Mikey is bringing to bear, Rex is far faster, using his speed and aerial antics to keep Mikey from dominating the match. Mikey tries cornering Rex into a corner and charging him there, but Rex at the last second ducks and rolls to the side, getting back up into a run, bouncing off the ropes and hitting an strong elbow against Mikey's back. Not stopping the attack, Rex continues raining the elbows and knees against Mikey while Mikey is temporarily trapped against the turnbuckle and a very aggressive Rex. Mikey suddenly rushes straight backwards, bouncing Rex off of Mikey's back, but Rex responds by dropping low and sweeping Mikey's feet out from under him. Mikey drops on top of Rex and starts pummeling Rex's face. Ringside Jemma is screaming at Rex to get up and somehow between the huge punches Mikey is throwing Rex hears it and kicks up with his legs hitting Mikey in the back. Stunned from the surprise offensive, Mikey gives Rex the opportunity to escape, and Rex quickly scrambles to his feet as Mikey stands up as well. Mikey charges Rex and Rex turns around, jumps up and off a turnbuckle and nails Mikey with a no-look flying elbow. Mikey is stunned and Rex climbs back up to the turnbuckle to hit another. He leaps and lands square into the waiting hands of Mikey. Mikey recovered and caught Rex in midair. It looks like it's going to be another huge power bomb when Mikey unexpectedly pauses. Jemma is on the sidelines shouting for Rex when Mikey catches sight of her. He just stands there, with Rex primed to go for a huge bomb but still Mikey doesn't finish the move. Rex capitalizes and starts pounding on Mikey's head, and Mikey is forced to let Rex drop. Mikey looks pissed at his mistake and when Rex bounces off the ropes for a running attack, Mikey hits a big boot to the face, dropping Rex. Mikey quickly lifts Rex back up and slams down with the Switchblade Powerbomb. Rex is down and Mikey quickly covers for the pin. As the ref is holding Mikey's hand up, Jemma comes in and helps Rex out of the ring. Mikey keeps his eyes on Jemma the whole time, a mixture of emotions on his face. [B] Murderous Mikey defeated Rex Reeves in 7:48 by pinfall with a Switchblade. Rating: E- Kashmir Singh vs. Leo Davis[/B] Leo walks out with a smug look on his face. When the bell rings he and Kashmir run straight at each other, locking up in the middle of the ring. Kashmir gets the advantage and hits Leo with a bodyslam, but Leo quickly gets up and nails Kashmir with a clothesline. The two go back and forth, Kashmir using his incredible power to hit big slams while Leo sticks to a standard striking game. Kashmir has the obvious edge though, he's younger, faster, and stronger then Leo, but the CCW owner is not giving up at all. Kashmir gets a huge advantage when he suddenly goes up to the top and hits a dropkick right at a charging Leo, dropping him down. Leo rolls out of the ring before Kashmir can cover. Kashmir runs and slides out the bottom rope and the two wrestlers brawl outside. Leo throws Kashmir into the stairs, but Kashmir gets up almost immediately, just in time to stop Leo from climbing back into the ring. Kashmir grabs Leo's legs and pulls them out from under him, bouncing Leo's head off of the ring before throwing him to the ground. Kashmir then rolls back into the ring and the ref starts counting. At '4' Leo gets to a knee and by '7' Leo gets up and hops back up onto the ring. Kashmir charges Leo but Leo hits Kashmir with a huge punch that drops Kashmir like a sack of bricks. The ref seems visibly upset and turns to ring the bell, but Leo taps the ref on the shoulder and gives him a wicked look. Dale Kenney glances between Leo and the bell for several moments but eventually sides with Leo, cancelling the bell ring. Meanwhile Kashmir is up to a knee when Leo hits Kashmir again, and Kashmir goes down again. Leo grabs onto Kashmir's arm and starts working an armbar and Kashmir doesn't have the strength to resist it anymore. Kashmir taps out and Leo picks up the win. As the ref raises Leo's arm, the secret to Leo's sudden strength is clear as it shines in the spotlight. He's got on a brass knuckle that he used to almost knock Kashmir out. When Kashmir gets up he starts arguing with the ref who just tries to ignore him and walk out backstage. Kashmir follows the ref out shouting at him to call for a DQ, but the ref refuses to and Leo puts his brass knuckles away before walking out as well. [B] Leo Davis defeated Kashmir Singh in 8:53 by submission after blatantly cheating. Rating: E+ Dermot O'Logical vs. Harry Wilson vs. Lazy Joe vs. Titan w/ Monique[/B] Titan and Harry walk down together, and when the match starts it is clear that Titan and Harry are working together. Titan starts pounding on Lazy Joe while Harry Wilson starts smacking the skin cream right off of Dermot O'Logical's face. Titan and Harry even start pulling of combo moves, with a double clothesline laying Lazy Joe out for awhile. Titan tosses Dermot O'Logical over the ropes and then Harry and Titan team up against Joe. Joe defends well but cannot withstand a 2 vs. 1 assault and by the time Dermot O'Logical recovers Lazy Joe is just about finished. Harry goes for the pin against Joe but Dermot O'Logical reaches from outside and grabs Harry's foot and drags Harry off of Joe, breaking up the count. Harry counters by kicking Dermot O'Logical square in the face, and Titan reaches down and grabs Dermot O'Logical, first lifting up to the ledge outside of the ring and then picking him up and slamming him down to the center ring. Just then a the crowd pops a little as TJ Bailey runs out from backstage. Harry turns all of his attention on Bailey, shouting and taunting him from within the ring while TJ stays outside. Titan meanwhile tries to get Harry's attention but Harry doesn't listen. Shrugging Titan turns around and hits a Titanic Chokeslam against Dermot O'Logical and covers for the pin. Just as the ref turns to start counting, TJ hops up to the side of the ring and punches Harry right in the face before dropping back down and hurrying backstage. The ref didn't see it because he's too busy counting for Titan. Harry turns back around just as the ref hits '3'. Titan wins, and Harry doesn't look too pleased, but he doesn't protest or argue. [B] Titan defeated Harry Wilson, Lazy Joe and Dermot O'Logical in 9:11 when Titan defeated Dermot O'Logical by pinfall with a Titanic Choke Slam. During the match we also had TJ Bailey run in and attack Harry Wilson. Rating: E Hardcore Killah vs. Tully Arthurs[/B] The ref comes out and announces that the following match has been changed to a hardcore match. Tully comes out to cheer and waits as gangsta rap plays and Hardcore Killah comes walking out with a wooden baseball bat. As soon as the bell rings Hardcore Killah swings and breaks the bat apart right across Tully's arm. Tully doesn't seem fazed at all and responds by throwing Hardcore Killah clear out of the ring. Tully drops down, helps Hardcore Killah up and then slams him down again outside of the ring. Killah recovers and whips Tully into the side of the ring and starts throwing elbows into Tully’s back. Tully reaches around and punches Killah in the side of the head, stunning Killah long enough for Tully to roll back into the ring. Killah goes underneath the ring and grabs a chair before following. Tully tries to keep his distance from the steel chair but Killah suddenly lunges forward and smacks Tully in the head with the chair. Tully is stunned and Killah hits two more brutal chest shots with the chair before Tully can dodge and put some distance between him and Killah again. Killah pauses to taunt Tully, waving the chair in front of him. Tully grabs for the chair but Killah pulls it away at the last second and laughs at Tully's attempt. Tully suddenly charges forward and punches and Killah tries to block it with the chair. Tully's massive punch crumples the chair with enough force that the now bent chair pops back and hits Killah in the face. Killah drops the chair and Tully reaches forward and hits a World's Strongest Slam center ring. Killah is down for the count and Tully picks up the win and his first successful defense of the CCW Champion belt. [B] Tully Arthurs defeated Hardcore Killah in 10:58 by pinfall with a World's Strongest Slam. Tully Arthurs makes defense number 1 of his CCW Championship title. Rating: E Final Rating: E [/B]

[B]11:00pm Friday, Week 2, March Cincinnati, OH[/B] Both Leo and I were really nervous about CCW Mailed Fission. Just two weeks before the show Leo's "old pal" Curt O'Malley told us that DAVE had offered him a better deal as a road agent and so he would be leaving us. Leo and I had nearly dropped dead as our monthly show was coming up and we were going to be dead in the water without a decent road agent. On his way out Curt gave us a card of some young woman who ran a consulting organization. Leo and I were very nervous about trusting anyone who professionally went by the name "Buttercup" but the young woman seemed eager to try her hand at organizing our shows. It turns out that Buttercup worked as a valet for awhile for various indie organizations, hence why Curt had even known about her. She had been trying to break into the roadie business but there wasn't anyone desperate enough to try her out until Leo and I came along. She was a little too bubbly for my taste, but we were pressed and she was willing to start on short notice so we hired her. Man was that a smart decision. Bubbly in person, professionally she was organized and well-educated in management. While Curt had a lot of respect in the business so most workers would listen, Buttercup had to earn the worker's respect, and she did it almost immediately. Even Harry was impressed by how organized and on top of things she was. She knew exactly where everything and everybody was at all times. Although she is still new in the business and her match notes weren't the greatest, everyone was where they needed to be and we had no problems backstage at all. Considering that Mailed Fission ended up being our best show to date, I feel confident we made a smart decision. Plus she costs 1/10th the price of Curt, so in my opinion Buttercup was a step in the right direction given our situation.

[CENTER][SIZE="4"] [B][U][URL]www.TOTALEXTREMEWRESTLING.com[/url][/U][/B][/SIZE] Monday, Week 1, April 2007 [B][U][SIZE=6]March Review[/SIZE] [/U][/B] [B][U][SIZE=5]Rip Chord Passes Away[/SIZE][/U][/B][/CENTER] Reported just this morning, the legendary Rip Chord, was found deceased from unknown causes in a motel room. He had been staying there for Thursday's MAW show: MAW Written in Blood. He was found by the owner of the hotel when he hadn't checked out and the room was opened to be cleaned. Fans and friends everywhere have begun to mourn the man who had such an impact on the wrestling world. Rip Chord won championship belts in seven different wrestling promotions, including GCG, SWF and TCW. Fans young and old remember his feuds with Sam Strong as some of the greatest matches in wrestling history. Rip Chord was also known as the owner and founder of Mid Atlantic Wrestling, bringing an old-school territorial feel back into the modern world of wrestling. Sam Strong, a good friend of Rip Chord had this to say. "Rip Chord was one of the finest wrestlers the world had ever known. But he was also one of the greatest workers in the wrestling field outside of the ring. His love for wrestling caused him to ressurect the legacy of modern wrestling in MAW, his love of wrestling caused him to work hard and develop the next generation of wrestlers, especially his protege Antonio. Finally, his love of wrestling has inspired his son to follow in Rip's footsteps. No one can ignore the impact that Rip Chord had on the wrestling world, and hopefully no one will ever forget the man behind the legend. The man with such love for the world around him. Today the world and I say goodbye to a good legend and a great friend." Rip Chord died age 57, and is survived by Jay Chord, his only son. [CENTER][B][U][SIZE=4]Votes Are Tallied[/SIZE][/U][/B][/CENTER] The votes continue to pour in and by the end of March we have reported several clear forerunners in their respective areas. One big upset is that Tommy Cornell has overtaken the young Marc DuBois as "Best Overall Wrestler." Cornell had previously held the title December of last year until the new year brought about the sudden upset by Marc DuBois. It seems that Cornell fans have responded with a passion and Cornell was able to overtake DuBois midway through March. Also midway through March the young worker American Elemental briefly overtook Emerald Angel as "Best High Flier" but Emerald Angel re-took the title only three days later. Again it is interesting to see how long Emerald Angel can maintain his lead as it has been confirmed that he will need surgery on his injured back and will probably need almost a year to recover enough to wrestle again. [CENTER][B][SIZE=4] [U]TEW Best Worker Awards[/U] [/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] [LIST] [*][B]"Best Overall Wrestler in the World" - [/B]Tommy Cornell. [*][B]"Best Brawler in Wrestling Today" - [/B]Tadiyuki Kikkawa (3 months) [*][B]"Best High Flyer in Wrestling Today" - [/B]Emerald Angel (2 months) [*][B]"Best Technical Wrestler in the World" - [/B]Yoshimi Mushashibo (2 months) [*][B]"Most Entertaining Wrestler in the World" - [/B]Joe Sexy (3 months) [*][B]"Best Young Prospect in Wrestling Today" - [/B]Wolf Hawkins (2 months) [*][B]"Best Manager in the World" - [/B]Emma Chase (3 months) [*][B]"Best Announcer in the World" - [/B]Peter Michaels (3 months) [/LIST] [CENTER][B][U][SIZE=4]Dread Injured![/SIZE][/U][/B][/CENTER] A press release from PGHW stated that Dread was slightly injured in his match against the Vessey brothers and that while his elbow is healing quickly he will not be able to compete in the next couple weeks of the tour. [CENTER][B][U][SIZE=4]Ref Fails Steroid Test[/SIZE][/U][/B][/CENTER] In a bizarre twist, NOTBPW referee Clarence Garcia tested positive for an anabolic steroid. All workers in NOTBPW are screened for drugs but this is the first reported case of a referee using steroids. NOTBPW owner Dan Stone Sr. was unavailable for comments and no formal statement has been made yet. Reports have indicated that drug screening of other workers has increased, lending some to speculate that this might not have been an isolated incident within the popular Canadian promotion. [CENTER][B][U][SIZE=4]Rhode Island Pro Wrestling Rising[/SIZE][/U][/B][/CENTER] RIPW has recently announced that with the recent surge in popularity and prosperity for the young promotion that it will begin to take steps to expand it's production to encompass a larger area, larger events, and boast a larger roster size. The promotion is still small, but this growth boades will for the promotion's future. [CENTER][B][U][SIZE=4]Promotion Spotlights[/SIZE][/U][/B][/CENTER] [LIST] [*][B][U][SIZE=3] North America[/SIZE][/U][/B] [LIST] [*][B]Supreme Wrestling Federation[/B] March marks several title defenses but no turnovers. Runaway Train made an impressive defense during two successive 3-way matches, first defeating both Christian Faith and Skull DeBones, and then next week defeating Eric Eisen and Christian again. Runaway Train chalks up defense #7 after holding the title for nearly six months. Meanwhile Sexual Aggression has made four successuful defenses in only two months as compared to no defenses from fromer winners The Amazing Bumfholes who held the title for four months previously. With no major roster changes or other news to report, the only big out-of-ring event to occur is that with the drop of TCW that SWF is without a doubt the #1 promotion in the world. [*][B]Total Championship Wrestling[/B] Bad news for TCW fans as the recent strings of sub-par shows has forced TCW to compete with DAVE for the #2 federation in America. Because of the drop in popularity rumors have been circulating that several members are thinking about jumping over to the dominant SWF while others worry that this will result in fringe workers being released because of budget considerations. The first casualty has been young American Elemental. American Elemental was signed over from Japanese promotion WLW in January. American Elemental had just three matches, including an attempt at the TCW All Action title and against TCW star Liberty before being released at the end of March. Safe from expected roster cuts is Jay Darkness who had just re-negotiated a contract extension with TCW just weeks before. [*][B]Danger And Violence Extreme[/B] No roster or title changes this month. However, DAVE fans will be sad to learn that East Coast Today has chosen not to renew DAVE Danger Zone TV. DAVE matches will still be available via PPV, but there will no longer be a weekly show running. The next PPV event will be tonight as DAVE Rock And Roll OVer will be hosted on USA Free Choice. [*][B]North Of The Border Pro Wrestling[/B] First of all, the 2007 NOTBPW Ed Henson Memorial Tag Team Cup has been won by Dan Stone Jr. and Jeremy Stone for the third time. Edd Stone made three successfull defenses of his NOTBPW Unlimited Action title, while Melody Cuthill made her seventh defense of the NOTBPW Womens title last Wednesday. [*][B]Canadian Golden Combat[/B] [/LIST] [*][B][U][SIZE=3] Japan [/SIZE][/U][/B] [LIST] [*][B]Burning Hammer Of The Wrestling Gods[/B] Now that touring season has started, BHOTWG has started cranking out tremendous show after show. Hiroaki Nakasawa has successfully defended the Burning World Championship title five times this month alone, while Nissho Yuasa defended the Burning Openweight Championship title a record seven times this month. [*][B]Inspire Diversity Group International[/B] Marat Khoklov, the Russian Powerhouse retains his King of Fighters title after defending against Raul Hughes, Masaaki Okazaki, and Tasuku Iesada three times. Although the company is less than a year old, INSPIRE is still rising as a promotion, already having three sold out shows this month, including the popular PPV event: INSPIRE Warriors of a Bygone Age. [*][B]Pride Glory Honor Wrestling[/B] Bryan Vessey stunned PGHW fans everywhere when he defeated Eisaku Kunomasu for the PGHW Elite Series tournament title. Speaking of the Vessey's, Bryan's newphew Cameroon Vessey has started to tour with PGHW, losing twice to UK Dragon. Fans are eagerly watching to see if the "Second Generation Superstar" Cameron will live up to his father and uncle's incredible standards. Meanwhile, Yoshimi Mushashibo continues his display of technical excellence with six successfull defenses of the PGHW Glory Crown title. [/LIST][/LIST] [CENTER][B][U][SIZE=4]Match of the Month[/SIZE][/U][/B][/CENTER] This month the MOTM finally leaves Canada and lands in Japan, where BHOTWG star Hiroaki Nakasawa had a spectacular match against Hooded Kudo for the Burning World Championship title. This match up was a great showcase for Puroresu Style wrestling. [CENTER][B][U][SIZE=4]Worst Moment of the Month[/SIZE][/U][/B][/CENTER] This month the worst moment goes to NOTBPW with their embarassing reveal that a referee was caught using steroids. A close contender was T-Rex who has decided to leave USPW right in the middle of a main title push. Apparently he decided not to renew his contract after USPW refused to increase his wages.

[CENTER][SIZE="4"] [B][U][URL]www.ccw.com[/url][/U][/B][/SIZE] Monday, Week 1, April 2007 [B][U][SIZE=6]CCW NEWS REPORT[/SIZE] [/U][/B] [SIZE=5]Next Show: [B]CCW Charnel House [/B][/SIZE] [SIZE=4][B][U] Mystery Hire? [/U][/B][/CENTER][/SIZE] Head Booker Gabriel Mossak announced that CCW has just signed on an exciting young wrestler who will be debuting at next week's show. To add to the excitement, Gabriel has allowed this mystery worker the chance to challenge Tully Arthurs for the CCW Championship belt. Tully has already agreed to the match, stating again that when he issued an open challenge he was more then willing to take on anyone and everyone. [SIZE=4][CENTER][B][U] Tag Title Tournament [/U][/B][/CENTER][/SIZE] Now that the Championship and Womens Titles are settled, one last title is still up for grabs, the CCW Tag Team title. Four teams have entered and a quick tournament will be held. The semi-final matches will be held next month with the finals being held in May. The four teams are as follows: [LIST] [*][B]The Lewis Bros.[/B] - Billl & Craig Lewis. [*][B]Underdogs[/B] - Kashmir Singh & Rex Reeves w/ Jemma Griffiths [*][B] Pain Train[/B] - Dermot O'Logical & Dusty Bin [*][B]The Nighttime Nights[/B] - Sir Arthur & Lazy Joe [/LIST] [SIZE=4][CENTER][B][U] Harry Wilson Challenges Leo Davis [/U][/B][/CENTER][/SIZE] Harry has claimed that he lost the #1 contender position due to outside interference and that Dale Kenney, the referee of that match, has shown blatant and obvious signs of favoritism against Harry. Harry stated that he wants to have at least basic administrative rights backstage, allowing him to create non-title matches, reprimand officials and other important aspects of the promotion. Leo Davis responded by offering Harry a gamble. If Harry could beat Leo in a match next week, Leo would accept Harry's demands. If Harry lost, Harry would have to face handicap matches for the next four months. Harry agreed to those terms and a match has been set for the next show. Quick Picks: Ginko Kuroda vs. Kinuye Mushashibo for CCW Womens Title Jeremy Jazz vs. Murderous Mikey Dusty Bin & Dermot O'Logical vs. Sir Arthur & Lazy Joe Lewis Bros. vs. Rex Reeves w/Jemma Griffiths & Kashmir Singh Harry Wilson vs. Leo Davis Tully Arthurs vs. ?????? for CCW Championship

Ginko Kuroda vs. [B]Kinuye Mushashibo [/B]for CCW Womens Title [I]Can't see Kuroda losing the title just yet. [/I] Jeremy Jazz vs. [B]Murderous Mikey[/B] [I]Mikey will have too much power for Jazz[/I] Dusty Bin & Dermot O'Logical vs. [B]Sir Arthur & Lazy Joe[/B] [I]One team has Dusty Bin, the other one thankfully doesn't[/I] [B]Lewis Bros[/B]. vs. Rex Reeves w/Jemma Griffiths & Kashmir Singh [I]Whilst it's not inconceivable to see Reeves and Singh go to the finals, I think the Lewis Bros. will be the face of the tag division in it's infancy.[/I] [B]Harry Wilson[/B] vs. Leo Davis [I]Whilst I think you might be tempted to put Wilson in handicap matches for 4 months, I think he will find a way to win.[/I] [B]Tully Arthurs[/B] vs. ?????? for CCW Championship [I]Whoever the mystery guy is, I think Arthurs hold onto is belt for now.[/I]

[B]Ginko Kuroda[/B] vs. Kinuye Mushashibo for CCW Womens Title Jeremy Jazz vs. [B]Murderous Mikey[/B] Dusty Bin & Dermot O'Logical vs. [B]Sir Arthur & Lazy Joe[/B] [B] Lewis Bros[/B]. vs. Rex Reeves w/Jemma Griffiths & Kashmir Singh [B]Harry Wilson[/B] vs. Leo Davis [B]Tully Arthurs[/B] vs. ?????? for CCW Championship

[CENTER][SIZE=6][B]CCW Charnel House[/B][/SIZE] Friday, Week 2, April 2007 Attendance: 50 [IMG]http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~dblackfi/People/Random_Male56.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER] Gabriel: [COLOR="Indigo"]"Greetings Ohio. We have a great series of matches lined up, but first we will announce our new signing. He is the younger brother of none other then DAVE star Shawn Gonzalez. That's right, put your hands together for the recently signed Carlos."[/COLOR] The audience claps politely but no one seems particularly thrilled or excited about the unknown younger brother of Shawn. [B] Rating: E+ [CENTER] [IMG]http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~dblackfi/People/Ginko Kuroda_alt01.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~dblackfi/People/Kinuye Mushashibo.jpg[/IMG] Ginko Kuroda vs. Kinuye Mushashibo[/B][/CENTER] For a dark match, the two women put on a spectacular show for the defense of the CCW Women's Title. Ginko sticks to the mat while Kinuye launches an aerial assault. Ginko quickly starts to control the match, using martial arts style side kicks, and counter-moves. Kinuye tries to strike back but almost every punch or kick she launches is reversed into some kind of lock or take down. Ginko locks in a savage looking arm bar but Kinuye is able to drag herself to the ropes. When the ref breaks the two workers up, Kinuye suddenly launches a dropkick that catches Ginko by surprise right in the chest. Kinuye goes up to the top turnbuckle and hits a Blue Sky (a high-angle senton bomb). Kinuye actually makes the crowd pop as she rises into the air, arms outstretched before falling straight onto Ginko. Kinuye covers but Ginko is able to break the pin right as the ref was bringing the hand down for the 3-count. Both women scramble to their feet, but Ginko gets there first and she hits a brutal roundhouse kick to Kinuye's temple, dropping the woman. Ginko is slow to get the pin, Kinuye's senton taking a lot out of Ginko, but she is able to cover for the three-count, keeping the title. [B] Ginko Kuroda defeated Kinuye Mushashibo in 6:07 by pinfall. Ginko Kuroda makes defence number 1 of her CCW Womens title. Rating: E+[/B] Gabriel: [COLOR="Indigo"]"Spectacular performance. Now onto the show. Tonight we have a great match up. Defending CCW Champion Tully Arthurs will be battling against newcomer Carlos Gonzalez. Carlos' older brother, Shawn Gonzalez has already made quite the name for himself in XFW and more recently in DAVE. Shawn is a three-time XFW World champion and has won the DAVE Brass Knuckles title twice. Carlos is eager to prove himself and we'll see if that eagerness will help him overcome Tully's fearsome strength."[/COLOR] [B] Rating: E [CENTER] [IMG]http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~dblackfi/People/Murderous Mikey.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~dblackfi/People/Jeremy Jazz.jpg[/IMG] Murderous Mikey vs. Jeremy Jazz[/B][/CENTER] Mikey starts out the match throwing a huge haymaker, and Jeremy surprises everyone by ducking under and around the huge blow, jumping up and hitting a facebuster on Mikey right off the bat. Mikey immediately starts getting back up and Jeremy starts dropping knees and elbows in rapid succession to try and keep Mikey down, but Jeremy can only slow the ascent of the giant man, and even a knee to the face against Mikey doesn't drop him back down. Jeremy goes for another knee to the head but Mikey catches Jeremy's leg and throws him aside. Jeremy flows with the power of the move, jumping back into the ropes and then running back towards Mikey, but Mikey catches Jeremy, stopping the smaller man cold and then lifts Jeremy up into a scoop body slam. Jeremy bounces back but his momentum is lost. Mikey starts hitting slam after slam, and each time Jeremy takes longer and longer to recover. Mikey whips Jeremy into the ropes and hits a shoulderblock off the rebound, dropping Jeremy to the mat yet again. Mikey then gets a very sinister look, jutting out his chin in a mean scowl. He tilts his head casually from side to side and the audience can almost hear his neck cracking as he does it. He then walk to Jeremy's legs and in one swift motion picks up Jeremy from being prone on the mat to a powerbomb. Mikey hits the jacknife powerbomb but doesn't release. From the position, though, Jeremy's back is against the mat and the ref counts the pin. [/B] Murderous Mikey defeated Jeremy Jazz in 4:22 by pinfall with a Switchblade. Rating: E- [/B] [CENTER] [IMG]http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~dblackfi/People/Jemma Griffiths.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] As Mikey and Jeremy leave the ring, Jemma Griffiths strolls out, followed by Rex Reeves and Kashmir Singh. Once again Mikey stares at Jemma as she walks on by, but he doesn't break his stride and goes backstage. Jemma walks down to the announcer table and sits down next to Gabriel, whispering something into his ear. Gabriel: [COLOR="Indigo"]"Before we start our next match I have been informed that Jemma would like to say a little something before the start of her client's match. Jemma, the mic is all yours."[/COLOR] Jemma: [COLOR="Olive"]"Thank you kindly. Now, Ah've heard some interestin' rumors concernin' my client and his new partnah. Let me assure you that the Underdogs will act like true Underdogs and rise up victorious against those vicious Lewis men. Now ah've never met two scoundrels with such improper behavior, and men like that should have not be allowed to torment any of these fine folk in our audience."[/COLOR] Rex and Kashmir posture behind Jemma, nodding their heads as she talks about their upcoming victory. [B] Rating: E- [CENTER] [IMG]http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~dblackfi/People/Dermot OLogical.jpg[/IMG] & [IMG]http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~dblackfi/People/Dusty Bin.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~dblackfi/People/Lazy Joe.jpg[/IMG] & [IMG]http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~dblackfi/People/Wizard Of Ottowa.jpg[/IMG] Dermot O'Logical & Dusty Bin vs. Lazy Joe & Sir Arthur[/B][/CENTER] This match starts with Sir Arthur facing up against Dusty Bin. Sir Arthur tries taking to the top ropes but Dusty is aggressive enough to not give Arthur the opportunity. Arthur responds with a couple elbows and knees but Dusty is too large and powerful for Arthur to go toe-to-toe against. Arthur tries to go for the tag but Joe has stopped reaching out from the side. In fact, he's just draped limply along the side of the ring. Arthur lunges for a blind tag but Dusty slaps his hands on Arthur's shoulders and tosses him back into the opposite corner. Dusty tags Dermot O'Logical and the duo toss Arthur up into a double flapjack before Dusty heads out and Dermot O'Logical starts going to town on him. Dermot starts hitting a massive barrage of punches against Arthur before ending with an uppercut that launches Arthur head over heels. Dermot then mounts the prone Arthur and starts raining punches down onto Arthur's head and face. Arthur tries to cover but Dermot blows right through Arthur's weak defense and the punches continue. By the time Dermot is finished Arthur's face is starting to look like a bruised piece of fruit. Dermot stops and walks over to his side of the ring, motioning for Dusty to bring him something. Dusty ducks underneath the ring. The ref is waiting and shouting at Dusty, waiting for Dusty to come back with some kind of weapon. Instead, Dusty comes back up with a small bottle and hands it over to Dermot O'Logical. The bottle is full of some white creme that Dermot starts rubbing over his hands, presumably to moisturize them after giving a rough beating to Arthur. Meanwhile Arthur has started slowly crawling towards his corner, but Joe continues to nap. Just as Dermot finishes his moisturizing, Arthur makes a blind tag against Joe by slapping the napping wrestler's foot. Dermot doesn't see that and drags Arthur back to the center of the ring. Dermot gets Arthur to his feet before whipping him into the ropes. As Arthur hits the ropes it jostles Joe enough to wake him up, just in time to see Dermot O'Logical hit a clothesline against Arthur, knocking him out cold. Dermot goes for the pin but the ref shakes his head, indicating that Joe is the legal man. Surprised, Joe quickly enters the ring and hits a clothesline against Dermot O'Logical, who was equally surprised by the sudden shift. Joe starts pounding into Dermot O'Logical, hitting a running lariat and dropping Dermot to the mat. Joe quickly drops an eblow and then gets back up and drops another one against the prone worker. Dermot starts to recover but Joe runs into the ropes and comes back hitting a knee right to the gut of Dermot O'Logical, bending the man over. Joe raises his hand in the air, winds up and hits a huge Wake Up Call against Dermot O'Logical, dropping him straight to the ground. Joe covers and and gets the pin. [B] Lazy Joe and Sir Arthur defeated Dermot O'Logical and Dusty Bin in 7:45 when Lazy Joe defeated Dermot O'Logical by pinfall with a Wake Up Call. Rating: E- [CENTER][IMG]http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~dblackfi/People/Little Bill Lebowski.jpg[/IMG] & [IMG]http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~dblackfi/People/Craig Lewis.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~dblackfi/People/Kashmir Singh.jpg[/IMG] & [IMG]http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~dblackfi/People/Rex Reeves.jpg[/IMG] Lewis Bros. vs. Underdogs[/B][/CENTER] The Lewis Bros. come out, trashing as usual while the crowd starts to boo. A chant of "Metal Sucks" and the Lewis Bros. respond by taunting the crowd and thrashing even more. The match starts with Bill facing Kashmir. Kashmir quickly takes control, his superior strength and incredible agility makes it hard for Bill to respond, and it looks like Kashmir might get a quick pin after hitting a dropkick from the top turnbuckle. Then Craig starts rushing the match and the ref struggles to get Craig back into his corner. Meanwhile Bill rolls out and grabs a chair, first hitting Rex on the way back to the ring, and then facing off against Kashmir. Kashmir keeps his distance but Bill chucks the chair at Kashmir pegging him right in the head. Bill kicks the chair out of the ring and Craig returns to the side. Bill goes for the cover but Rex breaks up the count. Kashmir seems to still be groggy from the chair shot and in a bizarre move Bill actually drags Kashmir over to Rex and makes the tag from Kashmir to Rex. Rex pauses in surprise and Bill shoves Rex off the side of the ring and down to the floor. Bill then climbs the turnbuckle to and leaps from the top down to hit a huge leg drop, but Rex rolls aside at the last moment. Both workers are stunned and the ref begins the count out. Bill is the first to recover, and he rolls into the ring and tags Craig. Craig immediately runs over and bumps Kashmir off the side, landing him on top of his opponent. Craig postures and taunts a little as the count out reaches '6.' Two more counts later and Rex is up to his knees. At '9' he suddenly dives for the side of the ring and just barely makes it back inside before the ref reaches '10.' Craig immediately starts laying into Rex and this time Bill distracts the referee while Craig hangs Rex upside onto one of the turnbuckles and starts hitting massive shoulders into Rex's chest. Kashmir runs out and saves his partner, suplexing Craig and helping Rex down and then rolling back outside before the ref sees what happened. Both Craig and Rex head for their corners and make the tags. Kashmir runs out but Craig suddenly turns around and spears Kashmir before quickly rolling out. Confused, Kashmir gets back up and turns to face Craig, apparently forgetting about Bill who is still in the ring. Bill hits the Lewis Spindog (A spinning facebuster but Bill ends up in a bulldog position instead of a facebuster. As Bill goes for the pin, Craig quickly around the ring and trips Rex when he goes to save Kashmir. Bill is able to get a three-count as Craig grabs the discarded chair and starts slamming it on Rex's legs. [B] The Lewis Brothers defeated Rex Reeves and Kashmir Singh in 7:53 when Bill Lewis defeated Kashmir Singh by pinfall with a Lewis Spindog. Rating: E+ [/B] Bill continues kicking and punching Kashmir in the ring while Craig rolls Rex into the ring and starts to climb in himself. Jemma tries to grab the chair out from Craig's hands but he shoves Jemma down and then rolls her into the ring. Bill and Craig start moshing again, jumping and stomping all over Rex, Jemma, and Kashmir. Bill motions to cut the music and grabs a mic. Bill: [COLOR="Red"]"So, these were the idiots you sent to stop us [i]rude scoundrels[/i]? Maybe you should get yourself a better client."[/COLOR] Bill continues taunting Jemma while Craig hits Kashmir and Rex with the chair. The two decide to set up Jemma for a chair shot when suddenly Murderous Mikey comes rushing from backstage. Both Lewis Bros. stop and throw confused looks at each other, unsure of what Mikey will do. Mikey runs into the ring, picks up Bill and in one smooth motion tosses him over the top ropes and out of the ring where he slams against a bleacher. Furious, Craig swings the chair but Mikey catches the chair mid-swing, yanks it out of Craig's hands and then smashes it straight over Craig's head, dropping him like a ton of bricks. Bill picks himself up and drags Craig out of the ring where the two quickly retreat backstage. Jemma picks herself up and thanks Mikey before tending to Rex. When Mikey sees Jemma helping Rex his face gets a dangerous edge to it, and he storms over, lifts up Rex and throws him into the turnbuckle before storming offstage. Officials help Jemma get Kashmir and Rex backstage. [B] Rating: F [CENTER] [IMG]http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~dblackfi/People/Harry Wilson.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~dblackfi/People/Leo Davis.jpg[/IMG] Harry Wilson vs. Leo Davis[/B][/CENTER] Harry and Leo circle each other, the two men of about equal height and weight mean that they go back and forth equally, first Leo hitting a few big punches before having his legs sweeped by Harry. When Harry rushes to take advantage Leo kicks up and lands a boot in Harry's gut, stunning him long enough for Leo to get back up. Leo goes for a body slam but Harry wiggles up and over, landing behind Leo and hitting a facebuster on a surprised Leo. Again when Harry rushes to take advantage, Leo catches a leg and flips Harry down. Leo bounces off the ropes and when Harry stands up Leo hits him with a clothesline, laying Harry back down. Leo reaches into his pants and puts on his trusty brass knuckles. Harry recovers and ducks just in time as Leo launches a huge hook. Harry slams his shoulder into Leo's gut, dropping him down and then hitting a knee lift, laying Leo out flat. Harry goes for the cover but Leo kicks out. Harry reaches to pick Leo up but Leo grabs Harry's arm and pulls him down while punching up, pulling Harry right into a direct hit from the brass knuckles. Harry staggers back and Leo gets back up. Again the ref starts to yell at Leo but again when Leo gives Dale a nasty look, the ref backs off. Leo and Harry charge at each other, but at the last second Harry ducks and rolls the side and Leo hits the ref instead, dropping Dale down to the mat. Harry then runs up behind Leo and hits a low blow. Leo squeals and drops, clutching his family jewels as Harry drags him over to the ropes and begins to choke him. Leo is really struggling now and when Harry finally releases him from the rope entanglement, Leo is gasping for breath. By now Dale is starting to stir and Harry hits several knees into the side of Leo's head before laying him out for the count. It takes Dale a good three seconds to recover enough to start counting, but Leo is dazed from the knees strikes and Harry gets the pin. [B] Harry Wilson defeated Leo Davis in 8:14 by pinfall by using underhanded tactics. Rating: E[/B] Harry stands in the ring, posturing with a foot on top of Leo while the ref raises his arm into the air. Even after the ref leaves, Harry stays in the ring, first taunting the crowd and then bending over to start laughing in Leo's face. Harry then walks out of the ring and grabs a mic, talking as he slowly strolls out of the ring. Harry: [COLOR="DarkRed"]"There you have it Leo. I knew you paid off the ref, I knew you would use your stupid little brass knuckles... I mean 'my' brass knuckles."[/COLOR] At that point Harry flashes something shiney, the brass knuckles he picked up while bending over and taunting Leo. Harry: [COLOR="DarkRed"]"Anyway, I'll just keep these as a little souvenior that I won and you lost. That means that I get my booking rights and I will be exercising them as soon as possible. And oh boy is it going to be great. I'm going to get my revenge on a certain someone, and when I'm done with that, don't worry Leo, I'll come back for the rest of your power. YOu see, a promotion like this shouldn't be run by a cheap, drunk, gambling loser. It should be run by someone with class, poise, charisma, charm, grace, pleasant breath...basically someone exactly like me. I'll come back for you, Leo, but for now I have other plans."[/COLOR] Harry drops the mic and heads backstage. The crowd boos him loudly, trying to drown out his last few taunts as he leaves view. [B] Rating: E- [CENTER] [IMG]http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~dblackfi/People/Tully Arthurs.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~dblackfi/People/Carlos Gonzalez.jpg[/IMG] Tully Arthurs vs. Carlos Gonzalez[/B][/CENTER] Tully comes out and the crowd pops a little, although not nearly as much as they could have. The crowd is practically silent as Carlos comes out, but when he launches himself at Tully with a crossbody block, the crowd starts to get into it a little. While Tully is clearly the larger opponent, it seems like his size doesn't give him too much of an advantage against Carlos. No matter how many times Tully slams Carlos, Carlos gets right back up and keeps escalating his moves. Tully keeps control for the first minute, hitting Carlos with some standard powerslams. Then when he lifts Carlos for a powerbomb Carlos suddenly grabs Tully's head with both hands and starts headbutting Tully with vicious force. Tully lets go of Carlos, but Carlos keeps headbutting Tully until both wrestlers' foreheads have been cut open and have started bleeding. Then Carlos drops down, runs back into the ropes and then comes back and spears Tully, dropping the giant man with enough force that both wrestlers bounce a little off the mat when they land. Carlos doesn't even bother covering for a pin, instead he scrambles on top of Tully and starts hitting just about everything, headbutts, punches, elbows, forearms, he is just smashing away at Tully. Tully takes quite a beating before gathering enough of his wits to throw Carlos aside. Tully pauses and tries to wipe some of the blood from his eyes but Carlos has already bounced back up and hits a running dropkick right into Tully's side, dropping the man again. The crowd is hollering for Tully to get back up, and Carlos pauses long enough to flip off the crowd. Tully seizes the opportunity and lifts up Carlos into a Gorilla Press Slam, dropping him down. Once again, Carlos bounces straight back up and starts launching a furious punching and kicking combo against Tully. Tully barrels through it, driving Carlos into the corner into an avalanche. Tully then lifts Carlos into an elevated bear hug. Carlos yells as Tully starts squeezing, but then Carlos slams another headbutt, stunning Tully enough that Tully drops Carlos. Carlos bounces off the ropes but Tully is prepared, scooping Carlos up into a "World's Strongest Slam." Tully goes for the cover but Carlos kicks out almost immediately. Surprised but still determined, Tully hit's another 'World's Strongest Slam' and this time Carlos is down for the count. [B] Tully Arthurs defeated Carlos Gonzalez in 9:38 by pinfall with a World's Strongest Slam. Tully Arthurs makes defence number 2 of his CCW Championship title. Rating: E- Final Rating: E-[/B]

[B]10:00am Monday, Week 3, April 2007 Chicago, IL[/B] The first day back in the office since last week's show, I headed straight for my office to check on our latest budget report. Imagine my surprise to find Leo already seated in front of my desk. Leo: [COLOR="Sienna"]"You're late. I thought work starts at 9. Back in my day wrestlers were fired for pulling something like that. In the territories, you piss off an owner or booker and you had better pack up your stuff and head to the opposite end of the country because no one will hire a no-shower once word got out."[/COLOR] Gabriel: [COLOR="Indigo"]"Sorry boss. So, what are you doing down here?"[/COLOR] I gesture around my office, which is actually about the same size and shape as a janitor's closet. The cramped little space could barely fit a desk and a couple of chairs, and there wasn't a window or any real ventilation. I usually kept the door open to keep some kind of circulation. However, despite everything I was lucky to even get an office. Leo had rented space in an old strip mall. The main floor space that originally was designed for retail space was partitioned off to give our accounting and production guys a little privacy. Leo took over the manager's closet and I got stuck with the janitor's closet. Leo slowly stood up, making sure to avoid hitting his head on the overhead shelves. Leo: [COLOR="Sienna"]"Given that April is just about done for us, I want you to come up with a quarterly report for me. Give me a breakdown of the roster, finances, and all that good stuff. Plus give me a heads up on any of potential workers we should keep an eye on."[/COLOR] Gabriel: [COLOR="Indigo"]"Sure thing, Leo. I'll get started on it today and have it finished by tomorrow. Speaking of new guys, I've been keeping a careful eye on the news sites. With the big changes in SWF and TCW there's been a number of new workers on the market. I've taken the liberty of contacting one in particular that I think will really get CCW on the map."[/COLOR] Leo smiled and headed out of my office. While walking out I noticed he had a very unusual looking bruise on the back of his head. It was puzzling because he hadn't taken any serious shots there last Friday, so I figured he probably picked it up on the weekend somehow. Shaking my head to focus I sat down and started pulling up the accounting information first.

[CENTER][B][Size=7]CCW First Quarter Review[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] To: Leo Davis, Owner of CCW From: Gabriel Mossak, Head Booker of CCW [CENTER][B][Size=5][U]Section I: Finances[/U][/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] [RIGHT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT] Starting Finances: $100,000.00 [COLOR="Green"] [/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/RIGHT] [CENTER]--Income--[/CENTER][RIGHT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT] Ticket Sales: $ 424.00 Sponsors: $ 12,573.00 Merchandise: $ 119.00 Total Income: $ 13,116.00 [/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/RIGHT] [/COLOR][COLOR="Red"][CENTER]--Expenses--[/CENTER][RIGHT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT] Salaries: $ 24,125.00 Event Costs: $ 3,500.00 Marketing: $ 600.00 Merchandise: $ 704.00 Production: $ 600.00 Administration: $ 600.00 Legal Fees: $ 600.00 Total Expenses: $ 30,729.00 Net Change: $(17,613.00) [/COLOR] Final Balance: $ 82,387.00 [/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/RIGHT] [CENTER][B][Size=5][U]Section II: Roster Analysis[/U][/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] [LIST] [*][IMG]http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~dblackfi/People/Harry Wilson.jpg[/IMG] [B]Harry Wilson[/B] Currently our top heel and general evil doer. Harry is one of our best overall wrestlers, especially in the upper card and has been very useful in bringing some of the lesser known wrestlers into the spotlight. Probably mostly because of his relationship to Dark Angel, he has quickly become one of our most popular wrestlers, being able to generate quite a bit of heat. The beauty is that his kayfabe persona is very easy for him to play as it's not too far from his real personality. An absolute pain to work with if he's not winning or in the spotlight. I hope to keep him as long as his back-stage Machiavellian antics do not interfere with the show. [*][IMG]http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~dblackfi/People/Lazy Joe.jpg[/IMG] [B]Lazy Joe[/B] While he's decent in the ring and good on the stick, Lazy Joe's gimmick is just a bit too gimmicky for me. I have to give Joe credit though, he has been able to sell the insomnia bit very well and the fans have started yelling at him to wake up, and fan participation is always a bonus. [*][IMG]http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~dblackfi/People/Titan.jpg[/IMG] [B]Titan[/B] An absolute beast in the ring, the heat the commotion he caused last time he roared was awesome. Currently the #1 contender for the CCW Championship, the only real problem with him is that like most big guys he gets tired quickly and cannot work in a fast paced match. If he could improve his cardio he'd be an awesome worker for the younger, smaller guys to be thrown against as any victory against Titan gets the David vs. Goliath effect which really helps put faces over. [*][IMG]http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~dblackfi/People/Dermot OLogical.jpg[/IMG] [B]Dermot O'Logical[/B] A decent worker but like Lazy Joe his gimmick is a little hard to work into more realistic angles. Like Lazy Joe he sells it well. A good brawler with the potential to be great on the mic, he's good where he is for now, although I have to admit that he'll probably eventually get bumped down to the upper midcard to open a spot for a more promising worker if one ever turns up. [*][IMG]http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~dblackfi/People/Tully Arthurs.jpg[/IMG] [B]Tully Arthurs[/B]- CCW Champion Tully has done an excellent job as the premiere face in CCW. His sheer power and surprising agility make him great when fighting all opponents, both large and small. He has the raw ability to be an incredible wrestler, but he is held back by his outdated style. If this was the 80's he'd be at the top of a much larger promotion, but his antiquated style has held him back to our advantage. As top face. He's doing an excellent job now and we'd be foolish to let him escape. We need to watch carefully to make sure USPW or NYCW don't try to steal him away, he'd fit in perfectly with each of those feds. Unfortunately for him his size will probably keep him out of the main event scene for now. [*][IMG]http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~dblackfi/People/Little Bill Lebowski.jpg[/IMG] [B]Bill Lewis[/B] Bill has done a tremendous job driving our tag division. Even though he and Craig are still getting into their grove as a tag team, Bill can really pull together a decent match, even with Craig as a partner. Unfortunately for him, his size means that fans do not view him as a credible threat, especially when giants like Tully and Titan are dominating the top card. However, we can counter that by letting him develop in a tag team setting with a much larger partner, as the partner can help make him look more credible. Also, I swear that Bill is a closet metal junky as he plays a metalhead way to well to just be acting. [*][IMG]http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~dblackfi/People/Craig Lewis.jpg[/IMG] [B]Craig Lewis[/B] I know Craig is a friend of yours, but he has a lot of room for development. Unless he's got a baseball bat or a chair in his hands he has a hard time with even basic moves. Unfortunately for him a career of jobbing has left his offensive game very limited as he's most comfortable being squashed by other opponents. Although he will probably never make it to the main light he's very useful in the tag division, providing a solid partner for Bill Lewis. He needs a lot of work with his metal gimmick though. I bet he has never heard of heavy metal before this and I'm positive he's never seen a real rock concert. He's more of a country kind of guy and it shows when he and Bill are supposed to be moshing and trashing. Bill does an excellent job, but Craig just doesn't throw himself into it like a real mosher would. [*][IMG]http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~dblackfi/People/TJ Bailey.jpg[/IMG] [B]TJ Bailey[/B] TJ is young and raw in many respects. Although semi-decent in the ring, he has a lot of work ahead of him. Luckily he's still very young and has lots of time for development. Throwing him into the ring against Harry has helped, and with the fans starting to really support his underdog/hard young worker gimmick he's starting to gain popularity. The fans view him like the kid that stands up to the much larger bully, although he keeps getting squashed for it, his "never-say-die" attitude and courage have really endeared him to the fan's. [*][IMG]http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~dblackfi/People/Leo Davis.jpg[/IMG] [B]Leo Davis[/B] What can I say that you don't already know, sir. Let me just say that I appreciate the level of commitment you've been giving. I would recommend that you work your cardio a bit more, I've noticed that you get winded in the longer matches. [*][IMG]http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~dblackfi/People/Rex Reeves.jpg[/IMG] [B]Rex Reeves[/B] Rex is a great guy to work with, both in and out of the ring. In the ring he's a decent fast paced wrestler, giving his matches a nice quick pace to them. He is still refining his style but I think we can expect some solid performances from him in the future. ON the mic is where his problems shine, but that's where Jemma comes in and the two have made an excellent pair. The southern theme is working out well for now and it was a good idea to not even have Rex attempt to fake a southern accent, but just to act in a gentlemanly fashion. [*][IMG]http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~dblackfi/People/Carlos Gonzalez.jpg[/IMG] [B]Carlos Gonzalez[/B] I had very high hopes for Carlos, maybe too high which is why I was dissapointed on his debut. I was hoping to be able to pit him against Tully as a dark horse rising, using his extreme nature to add a dangerous and credible threat to Tully's strength. Carlos' ability to shake off even the most brutal of slams provides a very scary edge to his matches, as opponents will be faced against someone who is nearly impervious to pain. IN hindsight we probably should have marketed him more as a machine then a psycho, but it was rather impressive to see him headbutt Tully repeatedly and it wasn't a bad match. The downside was that Tully and Carlos have horrible chemistry together, they just cannot get on the same page. Especially during that one spot when they both decided to improvise and they both threw punches at the same time, both sold it and then the Dale had to almost scream at them to get back to the script. Other then that though Carlos has a lot of potential and will likely be a true star in the near future. He's another one to watch the rivals for, DAVE may come calling for Shawn's younger brother and it would be a shame to have Carlos get hired by DAVE only to get lost in their midcard. [*][IMG]http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~dblackfi/People/Dusty Bin.jpg[/IMG] [B]Dusty Bin[/B] Dusty was hired with the hope that he could be developed. He knows how to punch and slam, he has a good look and decent power. However he is terrible in the ring. Slow as an ox, he wrestles with the energy and enthusiasm of workers twice or three times his age. And what's worse is that he hasn't shown any growth. After four months, he is wrestling exactly the same as he was in the beginning. He would be decent if he could just learn to move around a bit more, but if he fails to develop soon then we may have to look into letting him go. [*][IMG]http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~dblackfi/People/Kashmir Singh.jpg[/IMG] [B]Kashmir Singh[/B] A tremendous wrestler, he's a great jobber for our other workers. Although he's small he has tremendous power, probably being the strongest pound-for-pound wrestler behind Tully. An excellent worker, always polite and always willing to do whatever is needed of him. Heck, he even helped haul equipment last show after one of the roadies broke his hand. If only the fans would rally behind him we could give him a great push. Until then, he'll just have to settle for the midcard. [*][IMG]http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~dblackfi/People/Wizard Of Ottowa.jpg[/IMG] [B]Sir Arthur[/B] Another talented worker held back by his own ridiculous gimmick. It's a good thing we tweaked it though, as his "Wizard of Ottowa" would not have gone over very well, especially when half the audience doesn't even know where Ottowa is. A little slow in the ring and with only basic moves in his arsenal, nevertheless he's great opener as he's hot on the stick and can really sell an opening match. If he can learn some more advanced moves in-ring he'd be great for a push. [*][IMG]http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~dblackfi/People/Jeremy Jazz.jpg[/IMG] [B]Jeremy Jazz[/B] An all around semi-average worker, Jeremy has no real advantages or disadvantages other then he's only mediocre at everything. For whatever reason the fans really don't like him in the ring. Admittedly he's very bland even with his "Cool Jazz" performance, he's been booed out of the ring every time he wrestles. If he doesn't turn around and get the fans behind him, we'll have to let him go if no one wants to watch him. [*][IMG]http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~dblackfi/People/Murderous Mikey.jpg[/IMG] [B]Murderous Mikey[/B] I really like Mikey, he has a lot of potential. A good performer, a decent brawler with a great heel look, he's got the potential to be the next (or just another) Titan which screams for a tag team. His main drawback is that he is not very well known in the US and he just doesn't have the stamina for a high card match. Throwing him into a story with Rex will be a good chance to see if he can get enough heat to give him a push higher up the slot. [*][IMG]http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~dblackfi/People/Evil Spirit.jpg[/IMG] [B]Evil Spirit[/B] Another young, raw recruit. While Evil Spirit has the right attitude and performance, he's really lacking the spark of a great wrestler. His inability to speak English has also hampered him as I can't put him into anything that requires a real explanation. Right now we're able to book mainly because we have another worker demonstrate what he needs to do. Until he learns English though he'll have to be placed low in the card. To his credit he is slowly learning and by this point he can successfully order a Big Mac at a McDonald's drive-thru. He still has a ways to go before he can cut a promo, though. [*][IMG]http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~dblackfi/People/Carnival Queen Kendra.jpg[/IMG] [B]Carnival Queen Kendra[/B] Kendra slipped through the cracks in our selection process. She arrived right at the end of the auditions and we needed a 4th woman to balance out the division, but man am I surprised she's even been in the ring before. Now I know BSC isn't known for their skill but Kendra is terrible. She is very athletic and looks great in the ring, and she knows some of the basics but she really struggles just about everywhere. I'm thinking about maybe replacing her and converting her to a more managerial role but when I suggested that to her she became very upset and even started to cry. I'm hoping she has potential but the upside is she's young and just starting, so there's plenty of time to see if she can develop into a decent worker. [*][IMG]http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~dblackfi/People/Kinuye Mushashibo.jpg[/IMG] [B]Kinuye Mushashibo[/B] Kinuye is a decent high flyer, and she shows a lot of room for improvement. She has the right look and the right feel to become a solid face in the women's division, but she has a lot of work ahead of her. She also needs to work on her English as she is very cute and I imagine she'd cute a really nice promo. Until then I just have to keep pushing a English-Japanese translation book at her and hope for the best. [*][IMG]http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~dblackfi/People/Ginko Kuroda_alt01.jpg[/IMG] [B]Ginko Kuroda[/B] - CCW Womens Champion One of the best wrestlers we have, even compared to the main division. She is a very adept technical wrestler. She has the right look and feel that the fans have really started gathering behind her and she'll be a staple in the Womens division for along time. Yet another worker to watch out for raid attempts, she'd fit in very well with 5SSW overseas, and once she learns Enlish, AAA might come calling. I just hope we keep this excellent addition to our roster. [*][IMG]http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~dblackfi/People/Nadia Snow.jpg[/IMG] [B]Nadia Snow[/B] Seeing her wrestle makes it hard to believe she's only 19. Although she doesn't have a very large heel factor, she still proves to be a credible threat to Ginko in the Womens division. An excellent performer, she's just barely behind Ginko in terms of talent and skill, and she has a lot of potential ahead of her. [*][IMG]http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~dblackfi/People/Chloe Dean.jpg[/IMG] [B]Chloe Dean[/B] Always a pleasure to encounter, Chloe is a very nice young British woman who is doing a decent job helping TJ with his interviews and angles. I just wish TJ would pick up a thing or two from Chloe's amazing charisma. [*][IMG]http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~dblackfi/People/Jemma Griffiths.jpg[/IMG] [B]Jemma Griffiths[/B] Her Southern accent and beautiful look has already stolen the hearts of many of our fans. She has worked tremendously well with Rex and the two make an excellent on-screen couple. She still has a bit of work refining her accent, though. Although charming and endearing, it tends to distract the audience's attention from what she is actually saying. This limits her ability to hype up Rex but hopefully she'll be able to work on that and maintain her Southern charm while still being clear. [*][IMG]http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~dblackfi/People/Monique.jpg[/IMG] [B]Monique[/B] A mediocre manager at best, nevertheless she's still very useful standing by the side of one of our giants. She's the only manager around that will not be completely dwarfed by Titan or Tully, and her size makes her tower over the other manager just like how her client towers over other wrestlers. So far placed well as Titan's mouthpiece, I hope she sticks around for awhile and improves her mic work. [*][IMG]http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~dblackfi/People/Random_Male56.jpg[/IMG] [B]Gabriel Mossak[/B] I'm sure you could review me better then I can, but I'll give it a shot. I've settled into the announcer position comfortably, although I do wish I had someone else sitting with me to help back me up. [*][IMG]http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~dblackfi/People/Dale Kenney.jpg[/IMG] [B]Dale Kenney[/B] Dale has so far been a decent referee, his experience as a wrestler has helped him keep matches moving along. I saw him helping TJ train the other day and he's still surprisingly able despite being out of ring for several months. I forsee a lot of untapped potential as a guest wrestler on occasion. [*][IMG]http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~dblackfi/People/Buttercup.jpg[/IMG] [B]Buttercup[/B] Although young and new to the wrestling business, so far she seems to be working out just fine. Equipment is where it should be, wrestlers are where they should be, everything so far has gone according to plan. I just wish she'd take better notes during matches. Here her inexperience is really limiting as she just doesn't know what to look for to provide really helpful insights into our workers performance. [/LIST] [CENTER][B][Size=5][U]Section III: Potential Workers[/U][/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] The following are a list of workers who are currently being observed in case future employment opportunities present themselves. [LIST] [*][IMG]http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~dblackfi/People/Keith Adams.jpg[/IMG] [B]Keith Adams[/B] A great British rookie, he has been putting on consistently excellent matches at the British Independent shows. A master of the basics and I have not heard of a single injury from any of his matches. We have tried contacting him but he is reluctant to leave the UK scene. If he ever does decide to wrestle in the US, ours will be the first offer on the table. [*][IMG]http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~dblackfi/People/Davis Wayne Newton.jpg[/IMG] [B]Davis Wayne Newton[/B] A great young worker who has just broken onto the Canadian scene, I imagine with a little persuasion he'll come to the US. Although only 19 he can already out wrestle most of our roster and would make a great addition to the team. [*][IMG]http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~dblackfi/People/Jimmy Cox.jpg[/IMG] [B]Jimmy Cox[/B] Jimmy recently left GCG and is a free agent on the market. He made it big in Japan but with the right offer he should be willing to come back home to the US. A very gifted wrestler who still has a bit of youth on his side, if we need a new Main Eventer, he'd be a great person to start out with. The additional bonus is that he's fluent in both Japanese and English, which would really help bridge the language barrier on our roster. [*][IMG]http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~dblackfi/People/Rockin' Ryan Turner.jpg[/IMG] [B]Ryan Turner[/B] 'Rockin' Ryan was recently let go from MAW. A good high flyer, Ryan has a lot of potential and has already put on some decent matches. Ryan will probably be one of the first wrestlers hired if we need to expand or replace our roster. [*][IMG]http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~dblackfi/People/Tigre Salvaje.jpg[/IMG] [B]Tigre Salvaje Jr[/B] A young luchador from Mexico, Tigre is looking to tour the US before settling down in Mexico. Excellent from the top rope, he'd provide speed and spots to our otherwise bulky roster, plus the exotic luchador style might strike a chord with the fans and give him a boost in popularity. [/LIST]

[CENTER][SIZE="4"] [B][U][URL]www.TOTALEXTREMEWRESTLING.com[/url][/U][/B][/SIZE] Monday, Week 1, May 2007 [B][U][SIZE=6]April Review[/SIZE] [/U][/B] [B][U][SIZE=5]SWF Tightens Roster[/SIZE][/U][/B][/CENTER] Due to a recent decline in audience turnout, Richard Eisen released a statement that SWF would be letting go some of the fringe talent and focusing more on a core set of SWF Stars. One of the more surprising releases was the Death Row team. Shady K and Knuckles were both products of the SWF training camp class of '05 and their debut in December of '05 was a tremendous success. More details are included in the SWF monthly analysis section, but this announcement so closely after TCW's reduction has really muddied the waters as to who the dominant North American promotion is. Many would argue that North of the Border Pro Wrestling which has maintained a steady rise in popularity will soon head south to capitalize on the losses of the former "Big Two." [CENTER][B][U][SIZE=4]Retirement Announcements[/SIZE][/U][/B][/CENTER] Late last month had two announcements of retirement. First up is Ernest Flores, better known as 'Psycho' to his British fans. Psycho was an almost infamous brawler known for the sheer amount of blood drawn in his matches. Psycho stated that he just did not have the energy or the stamina that he had before, and that he would no longer be able to participate in the bloodbaths he was known for. While Psycho was well known in the indie leagues, he only had three official matches run with the British Indpendent League, where he wrestled other famous independents like Razor Valentine and Ripper LeStat. He added an additional note saying that although he was on his way to retirement, he wasn't quite done in the ring yet, and has promised his fans that he'll give them "one helluva show" before moving to a more backstage role. The other wrestler to retire was Debbie Nair, better known as Jakki White Trash. Although Debbie was primarily a manager, she also entered the ring from time to time. Fans in particular adored her trailer park gimmick, and some of her promos are very well done considering she has worked almost entirely in the independent leagues. Debbie had aspired to try and get picked up by AAA, auditioning numerous times but she was never able to get a contract with them. [QUOTE=Debbie Nair]"I grew up watching wrestling on TV, and I especially enjoyed going to the old Texas Wrestling League matches that were in my area. Archie Judge was always my personal favorite, but it was Sakurako Kagawa who really inspired me to get into the business. When I was growing up, the Japanese Women's Wrestling promotion was THE place to work as a woman, and Sakurako was the star. I had always hoped to become the next Anne or Marilyn Stardust but some things just didn't work out."[/QUOTE] She has said that while she is going to step out of the ring, she is doing this to focus more on her managerial talents, which have always been praised. Right now she will be taking a few months off but she hopes to keep working in the industry. [CENTER][B][U][SIZE=4]Popular Japan Worker Injured[/SIZE][/U][/B][/CENTER] Crusher Ichihara, 5SSW star and one of the most popular women's wrestlers in the world is out on injury when in her match against Kit Hatoyama resulted in her smashing her elbow against the metal turnbuckle, shattering the bone. Fans said that her elbow literally exploded, showering the nearby Kit with blood and bone fragments. Ichihara was quickly rushed to the hospital and so far the prognosis is not good. Many have already begun to speculate that this might be the end for Ichihara's career, and even she is able to compete again she may be leaning heavily towards retirement. Sympathies have poured in from fans across the world, and one doctor stated that it was almost impossible to get into her room with all the presents, cards and flowers being sent to her hospital bed. Unfortunately for 5SSW, not only did they lose a star but they also lost a champion. Crusher Ichihara was on her 13th defense of the 5 Star World title, and with her injury the title was vacated and awarded to Sensational Ogiwara, the current top contender at the time. [CENTER][B][U][SIZE=4]Votes Are Tallied[/SIZE][/U][/B][/CENTER] Once again we turn to the boards to review the changes in March and once again our loyal fans have surprised the TEW staff. Alicia Strong, daughter of legendary Sam Strong has already beaten Wolf Hawkins for the "Best Young Prospect" title. As soon as she announced that she was entering the wrestling industry the votes started pouring in, giving her a sizable lead over the already established favorite Wolf. What has really helped is that Alicia has not relied entirely on her name alone, but has also gotten personal training from Sensational Ogiwara, without a doubt one of the best Womens wrestlers working today. It has been rumored that the three big Womens Wrestling promotions, NOTBPW, AAA and 5SSW have all started contract negotiations with Alicia but so far the results have been kept quiet. The other two upsets was Sean McFly beating Kikkawa for "Best Brawler" and DAVE owner Phil Vilbert beating Emma Chase for "Best Colour Commentator." It is interesting to note that both Chase and Vilbert work for DAVE, and hopefully having the two excellent commentators will help the struggling promotion. Finally, despite still being out on injury, Emerald Angel continues to maintain his position as the fan favorite "Best High Flyer in Wrestling Today." [CENTER][B][SIZE=4] [U]TEW Best Worker Awards[/U] [/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] [LIST] [*][B]"Best Overall Wrestler in the World" - [/B]Tommy Cornell (2 months) [*][B]"Best Brawler in Wrestling Today" - [/B]Sean McFly [*][B]"Best High Flyer in Wrestling Today" - [/B]Emerald Angel (3 months) [*][B]"Best Technical Wrestler in the World" - [/B]Yoshimi Mushashibo (3 months) [*][B]"Most Entertaining Wrestler in the World" - [/B]Joe Sexy (4 months) [*][B]"Best Young Prospect in Wrestling Today" - [/B]Alicia Strong [*][B]"Best Manager in the World" - [/B]Emma Chase (4 months) [*][B]"Best Announcer in the World" - [/B]Peter Michaels (4 months) [*][B]"Best Colour Commentator in the World" - [/B]Phil Vilbert [/LIST] [CENTER][B][U][SIZE=4]Promotion Spotlights[/SIZE][/U][/B][/CENTER] [LIST] [*][B][U][SIZE=3] North America[/SIZE][/U][/B] [LIST] [*][B]Supreme Wrestling Federation[/B] Hard times fall on the formerly dominant North American promotion, and numerous workers were released, SWF choosing not to renew their contracts. The big two workers that were released were Enygma and Death Row, but there were many other casualties. Young rising talent like Andre Jones was released after working his way up the roster for three years. Bart Biggz was also asked not to return. His brother, Brett however is still enjoying a successful push in the organization, leading many to believe that at least Bart's departure Mikel Alonso, also known as Pecs also did not have his contract renewed. Many critics predicted this would occur. Mikel was often viewed as the weaker part of the tag team, and his few matches over the last couple of years as a singles wrestler have been mediocre at best. Also departing was Jim Force, who had just signed on in March before wrestling one match and then quietly leaving again. Jim has been reported to be trying to get back in contact with USPW, which he left rather hastily when SWF came knocking, although it will be interesting to see if Sam Strong will be so quick to forgive Jim Force's questionable loyalty. The in-ring workers weren't the only casualties of SWF's budget cuts. Premiere female manager Dawn and referee Shane Stones have both been released by the promotion. Dawn appears unfazed by this as she already has a supporting role in an upcoming movie booked. [*][B]Total Championship Wrestling[/B] Although TCW has recently been hurt, first being forced to release a lot of new talent and then losing their TV slot on GNN, this event appears to be the catalyst to for TCW to recover. Cursed in March with a long string of mediocre-at-best shows, TCW Head Booker Joel Bryant has apparently rediscovered his grove and the last five shows have been sold out with great success. Titlewise the big change up was when Aaron Andrews was given a push and defeated Chance Fortune for the TCW All Action title. Chance made 12 defenses of the title, mainly against Steve Gumble in a 7-match feud for the title. [*][B]Danger And Violence Extreme[/B] DAVE has gone into a period of recovery, cutting back shows to once a month PPV's now that DAVE Danger Zone TV has gone off the air. The upside is that they have reported making huge profits and their last PPV was completely sold out. It has been reported that while Sammy Bach has extended his PPA contract with DAVE, manager Cat Jemson has left. Many fans have speculated about Cat's continual employment, as she was brought on along with Kurt Laramee who has since jumped to SWF. Her dismissal comes as no surprise to fans as she never developed enough as a manager to keep her on staff without Kurt. [*][B]North Of The Border Pro Wrestling[/B] The Stones continue with their technical excellence, boasting four MOTM contenders this month alone. Rumors have already begun to circulate that with the downfall of the "Big Two" SWF and TCW in the US that NOTBPW will start to look South for expansion. Areas like New England and the Tri State area look especially ripe now that TCW, SWF, and DAVE are all consolidating their talent and resources. [*][B]Canadian Golden Combat[/B] Stylin' Shane Nelson has finally defeated long-time rival Bobby Thomas. Thomas had 12 successful defenses for the prestigious title, but Shane put him away with a Nelson Nap, a top rope dropkick right to the temple. Bobby Thomas was knocked out instantly, and now Shane is riding the wave of success and celebrating every chance he has. [/LIST] [*][B][U][SIZE=3] Japan [/SIZE][/U][/B] [LIST] [*][B]Burning Hammer Of The Wrestling Gods[/B] The BHOTWG Heavy Duty Tour continues in full swing with a couple upsets and title changes. Yoshii Shiomi wins the Burning Openweight Championship after defeating Nissho Yuasa who defended 10 times. Hyosuke Kokan went on to win the Burning Junior Championship from Elemental II who also made 10 defenses. Some have speculated as to the importance and apparent difficulty of the 11th defense, and some wonder if BHOTWG booker Haruki Kudo has an aversion for champions to go past their 10th defense. [*][B]Inspire Diversity Group International[/B] No news from Inspire as the company is not touring at the moment. [*][B]Pride Glory Honor Wrestling[/B] PGHW has had a recent string of success, and appear to be maneuvering to overtake BHOTWG as the largest and most powerful Japanese organization. The PGHW Showdown Tour has met with tremendous success with MOTM candiates, and even a couple MOTY moments earlier in the month between Eisaku Kunomasu and Yoshimi Mushashibo. Many wrestling fans around the world have stated that currently PGHW is putting together the best matches around the world. [/LIST][/LIST] [CENTER][B][U][SIZE=4]Match of the Month[/SIZE][/U][/B][/CENTER] This month's match goes to PGHW in the championship matchup between Yoshimi Mushashibo and Mito Miwa at PHW Night of FORTITUDE. Mito Miwa came out hungry for the crown and with the PPV event many of his fans thought this would be the night he gets the PGHW Glory Crown again. Mito came out very strong, smashing Yoshimi around the mat. Mito unfortunately was not able to maintain the momentum and as the match went on, fatigue wore away at Mito while Yoshimi continued wrestling at the top of his game. By the end Yoshimi was the clear leader and pinned Mito for a win. This match gets special recognition as both wrestlers went to the top ropes during the match, which is very unusual for wrestlers of their style but the fans loved it and Yoshimi and Mito were absolutely phenomenal from start to finish. [CENTER][B][U][SIZE=4]Worst Moment of the Month[/SIZE][/U][/B][/CENTER] April's "Worst Moment" gets awarded to former SWF Champion Enygma, who was released by SWF two weeks ago. As many remember Enygma came out from nowhere in 2002, went undefeated for two years before winning the SWF World Heavyweight belt. Many critics have stated that Enygma's streak and title win were not due to his talent or potential, but due to his close friendship with SWF Owner Richard Eisen. This caused a huge backlash and for the last three years Enygma has slid farther and farther down the roster before being quietly released from the roster. Enygma is often stated by many SWF critics as what's wrong with the Sports Entertainment genre, that flavor's of the month (or year) are allowed to shine over workers who have true talent, like Remo Richardson or Angry Gilmore.

[CENTER][SIZE="4"] [B][U][URL]www.ccw.com[/url][/U][/B][/SIZE] Monday, Week 1, May 2007 [B][U][SIZE=6]CCW NEWS REPORT[/SIZE] [/U][/B] [SIZE=4]Next Show: [B]CCW Charnel House [/B][/SIZE]\ [B][U] Tag Team Title Tournament Totally Transformed![/U][/B][/CENTER] In a surprise announcement, head booker Gabriel Mossak announced that the final competition for the tag title would be changed to a later match, with both belts being hung. In a slight twist from normal ladder matches, the winning team must posses both belts, and each member of that team must hold a belt as well. Gabriel announced that this was designed to really encourage teamwork and cooperation. [Quote=Gabriel Mossak] "This way one wrestler will not be able to win the whole thing, the two must operate as a team and most importantly protect each other. This will also require a lot of strategy because even though one person might retrieve the belts from the hook, the other team could quickly steal the belts away and win by intercepting the retrieved items before victory can be achieved."[/QUOTE] [CENTER][B][U] Two New Signings[/U][/B][/CENTER] CCW has recently negotiated a contract with two new workers who will both be debuting at next weeks CCW Last Words. First is manager Kristen Pearce, the younger sister of popular SWF manager Jessie Gilmore. Kristen has looked over the roster and has decided who she will represent. The other new worker is one steeped in mystery. His identity has so far been kept quiet and he will be wrestling under a mask to help preserve his secret. [CENTER][B][U] Harry Wilson Earns Commissioner Status [/U][/B][/CENTER] Almost immediatly after winning the Commissioner title from Leo last month, Harry has gotten CCW Owner Leo Davis to draft and sign legal documents granting Harry Wilson the right to schedule non-title matches with wrestlers. Apparently this will only last as long as Harry remains undefeated with the added stipulation that Harry must defend his power at least once every other month. The final stipulation is that Harry cannot book these power defense matches himself, someone else has to book them for him. Harry announced that he will be making his first booking decision next week at CCW Last Words. Quick Picks: Mystery Worker & Rex Reeves vs. Dusty Bin & Murderous Mikey Ginko Kuroda vs. Nadia Snow - Womens Championship Lewis Bros. vs. The Nighttime Knights - CCW Tag Team Title Ladder Match Dermot O'Logical & Carlos Gonzalez vs. Tully Arthurs & Kashmir Singh What will Harry book?

[quote=praguepride;356273]I just realized that midnightnick posts predictions on just about every diary I've see. Every c-verse I've read so far has at least one or two dancing megamen in it.[/quote] I'm a dedicated C-Verse reader Prague. It's just drawn me in so strongly. Just ask Derek_b or DaMegaFish, we've had massive convos about it. (All in preparation for making mods.)

[B]Mystery Worker & Rex Reeves[/B] vs. Dusty Bin & Murderous Mikey [I]I'll take a stab at mystery worker being Davis Wayne Newton , seeing as Dusty Bin is on the other team, they should win by default. [/I] [B]Ginko Kuroda[/B] vs. Nadia Snow - Womens Championship [I]I think Kuroda will retain for now, just get the feeling you'll be getting the titles established on the current champs for the time being. [/I] [B]Lewis Bros.[/B] vs. The Nighttime Knights - CCW Tag Team Title Ladder Match [I]Lewis Bros. seem to be the rock that the tag ranks will be built on during the fledgling stages of the promotion.[/I] Dermot O'Logical & Carlos Gonzalez vs. [B]Tully Arthurs & Kashmir Singh[/B] [I]His title may not be on the line, but I can't see Arthurs losing a match for the forseeable future.[/I]

Archived