Its such a shame you can't change who you support

adamrobertk

There's a difference, he didn't fail in common perception, however he failed to deliver what he promised he could deliver. Allardyce said when he took over he wouldn't resort to the tactics he used at Bolton, he said that given the bigger spending power he could bring in the players to play a style of football he wanted to play. He also promised that he could bring in players and get them playing in a unit. He promised he could keep joey barton under control. Barton is now effectivley out until the end of the season and probably going to jail, yeah thats controlling him. The Jiro brigade took the first promise at his word at made him pay for it. The vast majority of newcastle fans won't change the way they think until this farce we call a managment situation has failed. Keegan comes in, fails, and the jiro brigade finally realise they know sweet fa. Then they bring in someone who can actually do something. Personally i would like to see someone like an Adrian Boothroyd given a chance if we go british as i reckon given the backing he could do something really special at a premiership club. If we were to go foreign Cesare Prandelli, Ernesto Valverade or Javier Aguirre. But Keegan was right on 1 thing he said, unless you live up here, you will never grasp what the club means to its supporters. The tyneside tifosi is the nearest thing this country has to the italian passion for football.

Ethical question: If one's "home town team" is in a county that I'm raised to think of as the scum of the earth, but also happens to be the closest Football League team (or, hell, any league team. IIRC, the biggest club we have is three leagues below the Blue Square Regional Division South or whatever it's called now) to me, so I grow up supporting them. Is it then ethically wrong to turn your back on them when you move to within two streets of the stadium of another team? By changing my alliegence, I'm dropping a division (I dropped two when I moved here, and it's likely to be two again by the end of the season. There's even a remote chance it could be three!). So it's not as if I'm a glory supporter. Also, wonder if anyone can guess the two teams involved. To give you another clue: I had a legitimate reason to be interested in my original team last season, but that's since dissapeared again.

In your case i would change team, being that like you i also follow the nearest local non-league side when ever possible. When i lived in gateshead i followed dunston brewries and went to most of their games, when i moved to west allotment i changed teams as they were nearer so i could see the games, now I'm a newcastle benfield loyalist as i can make the games and truley embrace the atmosphere. Though i hate it when benfield play dunston or west allotment as i then become a neutral

Archived