Talking to workers...

Do you guys bother finding out who your fighters want to fight, or do you just line them up with who is best for your fed? If I have someone who I'm trying to develop, I'll sometimes see what they want to do as I am under the impression that someone will put up a better fight against an opponent who they specifically wanted. Have you all found this to be true?

[QUOTE=nrallen;361705]I read on here that what the fighters say has no bearing on the game.[/QUOTE] If that's true, then that's unfortunate. Talking to a worker is time consuming and it never seemed too important, but it does give the fighter a bit of personality. Did that statement just apply to who they want to fight, or also to when they complain about not having fought if you don't use them for more than 3-4 months or so? See, I'd rather have a 4-6 month period between fights for my fighters because a few of them are wearing out, but I always worry about weakening my feds reputation with the fighters if I drive them to complaints about inactivity.

[QUOTE=nrallen;361705]I read on here that what the fighters say has no bearing on the game.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=qwertyuiop;361805]If that's true, then that's unfortunate. Talking to a worker is time consuming and it never seemed too important, but it does give the fighter a bit of personality. Did that statement just apply to who they want to fight, or also to when they complain about not having fought if you don't use them for more than 3-4 months or so? See, I'd rather have a 4-6 month period between fights for my fighters because a few of them are wearing out, but I always worry about weakening my feds reputation with the fighters if I drive them to complaints about inactivity.[/QUOTE] Actually, I'm almost positive you're wrong here. I highly doubt Adam would add such a feature for purely cosmetic reasons, after all. When you give a worker a fight against someone they've requested a fight against, I'm fairly certain that your user character's "Reputation" with the fighters improves. Naturally, this also means that booking a fighter in too many matches he dislikes or not booking him at all for too long will decrease your reputation in the same way. And, of course, your reputation has a large effect on a company's decision to keep you or fire you, as well as enabling you to get hired by bigger companies if you're ever interested in jumping ship. So... I don't think talking to your fighters is totally useless. Is it necessary for every fight? No. Do I use it from time to time to keep my fighters happy? Yes.

If a fighter is unhappy about a lack of fights you will get notified by your assistant. It has been stated here before that what the fighter says with regard possible opponents is simply a suggestion and has no actual impact on the game. The talk to fighter screen's only real use is to alter weight divisions. However, you cannot alter weight within a weight division, only ask them to change weight division - which is frustrating.

[QUOTE=nrallen;361934]If a fighter is unhappy about a lack of fights you will get notified by your assistant. It has been stated here before that what the fighter says with regard possible opponents is simply a suggestion and has no actual impact on the game. The talk to fighter screen's only real use is to alter weight divisions. However, you cannot alter weight within a weight division, only ask them to change weight division - which is frustrating.[/QUOTE] I pretty much agree with everything in that post :)

There's one thing I really dislike about this option and that the great majority of the fighters are fixiated on a immiedate rematch if they lose. Booking a rematch right off the bat is a no-no in WMMA and without more input from the fighter it kind of renders the option useless to almost every fighter coming off a loss.

[QUOTE=Tommy J.;361978]There's one thing I really dislike about this option and that the great majority of the fighters are fixiated on a immiedate rematch if they lose. Booking a rematch right off the bat is a no-no in WMMA and without more input from the fighter it kind of renders the option useless to almost every fighter coming off a loss.[/QUOTE] Well put... once you have an established body of fighters together it is inevitable that nearly all of them will eventually have a loss against someone else on the payroll. In which case you end up with more than half of your fighters demanding rematches that for the most part, they haven't earned.

I like rematches but the loser of a bout needs a few solid wins before I'd give them a rematch. This happens often in the UFC, especially with title matches. Quite often though the game will give needless rematches a low expectation, which seems realistic. When my title holder loses and works their way back up the rankings the rematch for the title more often than not gets a high expectation, as you'd expect. Rematches are interesting.

Archived