How to make a GOOD scenario?

I posted this in General, but on second thought I think it might be better served here. I've noticed most scenarios don't sim well at all, mostly because there are elements that don't work in TEW (promotion popularity, amount of tv contracts). So my question is, what all needs to be taken into account when making a reality-based scenario for TEW so that it would flow as well as the C-Verse?

The problem with WWE in these mods are that people don't give their workers any credit it at all. They are all talented workers (well most of them), but the product of the WWE is what dumbs their matches down. If they were given free reign WWE wrestlers could put on great matches the majority of the time. But people give WWE the dumbed down product, plus crappy stats for the workers, so they always fall. That's one thing I looked at very closely in my mod.

Just general stuff I'm tinkering with to make sims work are as follows: (I sent this in a pm as well) 1) Don't try to figure out promotion overness based on your own thought process in overseas markets. Just because the WWE can go to Japan or the UK and sell out a show doesn't mean they have high overness there. In TEW terms, the higher the overness, the more capable a promotion is of running a full schedule there. One problem with mods is that people have the E having like 85 overness all over the world. Well when that happens, the E will continually run shows across the world trying to keep that up, and if they lose popularity in the USA and lose their tv spot, they are going to go to the area they have most popularity in. 2) Give workers credit. You can't have a promotion with high overness and then its workers have low overness and low skills and expect it to survive. Worker stats is where I think the most mistakes are made. Guys give a worker like Sid 15 in basics, 10 in selling, etc. That in turn means all of his matches are going to be horrible and really destroy a card. Very few workers should have basics below 50-60 imo. Just because we think doesn't have great matches (like Sid, or The Giant, or Hogan) doesn't mean his matches are trainwrecks. The way some databases are created, the most popular workers of all time can't put on a B match. This is simply bogus. 3) Worker overness. Their overness has to be high enough to function in their game. If you are creating a databse for lets say 2001 WWF and all your low mid carders and jobbers have popularity in like the 20 range, they will kill your card. Even the least over workers on a roster of a major promotion are over.

Archived