Grimm Beginnings

Grimm

[B]Sunday-Maple Leaf All Stars[/B] [B]Grimm Reaper vs. Ed Moretti[/B] Light card tonight with only four matches. Tunney told me before the match to make sure this one lasts. Too many guys are missing tonight. We almost, I mean almost had a decent match. We traded some blows, and I thiink I pissed him off because every chance I had, I would throw him outside the ring. After 15 minutes, he finally had enough and hit me with a Twisting Powerslam. I managed to kick out, but he hit another Powerslam, and that was it. A C+ [B]Monday Week 3-PX Center Extravaganza[/B] Well, this was a mixed blessing. I picked PPW over MLW for a change of pace, but I guess they were pissed at me missing all those shows and didn't book me. I should probably cancel my contract.... [B]Wednesday-PPW Living in Sin[/B] [B]Grimm Reaper vs. Rodney Anoa'i[/B] Well that was a nice two days off. I decided to give another shot at PPW. Time to face some new blood. This kid is huge. Thankfully he's as green as I am, so hopefully I have a chance.... I thought I might have this one in the bag. But the big brute wouldn't lay down. I took the fight to him in and out of the ring, but he kept coming back. He fought when it counted, avoiding several finishers, and finally collapsing my lungs with a Giant Samoan Drop for the three count. Yet another C rating.

[B]Thursday-SWCW on Tour![/B] [B]Grimm Reaper vs. Italian Stallion[/B] Tonight I lost a good match. It was a real downer. I should have had this one, but I think I got ****y. After trading blows, and catching the Stallion from escaping several times, I busted him open with a headbutt and then a DDT. Intead of trying for the win, I went for the Swan Dive to really put him away. I missed, and he escaped as I'm holding my gutt. How stupid! This was a 28 minute brawl that netted a C rating. [B]Friday-Southwest Championship at the Junction[/B] [B]Grimm Reaper vs. Chick Donovan[/B] Another lop sided match. Well, not entirely. I fought galantly once again, only to be blindsided by several cheap shots. You know, hazing rookies is one thing, but this is getting old. Anyway, he got me with a leaping piledrive, and then of course he pulls a loaded condom from his tights again. It took him 18 minutes to beat me, good for a C+ rating. [B]Saturday-SWCW Takes Texas![/B] [B]Grimm Reaper vs. Igor Volkoff[/B] Volkoff wore me down. I made it 20 minutes, but it was just too long. He got the submission on the bear hug. C [B]Sunday-Maple Leaf All Stars[/B] [B]Grimm Reaper vs. Dr. Tom Prichard[/B] Man, I just hope I make it out of the ring with this guy. Knowing how the refs are allowing anything against me, he could kill me.... I did put up a fight. I had him outside the ring, and had a chance to take him down. But once again, my lack of endurance killed me. He hit me with the inverted atomic drop, then an arm bar for the submission after 15 minutes. The crowd was into the match for the first time in forever giving us a B-

This game is too addicting. I've done almost nothing all night...... [B]Monday Week 4-PX Center Extravaganza[/B] [B]Grimm Reaper vs. Rodney Anoa'i[/B] Whoa, table match. Not looking forward to this one. We start off and he's beating the crap out of me. I'm figuring on a record loss after he quickly puts a table in the ring. Finally I start mounting a quck comeback after leaving the ring. I take a chapter from the book of my opponents lately and give him a few good chair shots. Whew!! He misses the running headbutt! I roll him into the ring (dang this guy weighs more than my car). Leg drop, elbow drop, DDT through the table!! Woohoo!! In only 10 minutes I get the victory. Only got a C though. [B]Wednesday-Maple Leaf Express Run[/B] [B]Grimm Reaper vs. Ed Moretti[/B] Morretti beats me again. Took 8 minutes. Stinking bear hug again. C rating. [B]Thursday-SWCW on Tour![/B] [B]Grimm Reaper vs. Ken Mantell[/B] Gee, I get beat again, in 8 minutes with another loaded condom from his pants. Come one guys can't you come up with something new? [B]Friday-Southwest Championship at the Junction[/B] [B]Grimm Reaper vs. Earthquake[/B] Two words, Samoan Drop.. No one can survive it..... [B]Sunday-Maple Leaf All Stars[/B] [B]Grimm Reaper & Dr. Tom Prichard vs. Mark Youngblood & Kenny Jay[/B] This was the best match I've had that the fans totally hated. We slugged it out for my longest match yet, 35 minutes, yet we got a D rating. We were going at it in and out of the ring. We made good tags, and finally Prichard won it with a Late Inning Schoolboy rollup. [B]Progress after Month 2[/B] [B]Overness[/B] USA 8 Canada 10 [B]Skills[/B] Spirit 15 (+5) Power 18 (+1) Technique 9 (+5) Speed 7 (+4) Psychology 69 (+61) Stamina 26 (+1) Toughness 14 (+4) Charisma 26 Microphone 40 (+20) Safety 24 (+4) Looks 98 Respect 4 (+4) Record: 9-37 (ouch) MLW: 2-17 PPW: 1-3 SWCW: 5-17 CWA: 1-0

[B]Wednesday-Maple Leaf Express Run[/B] [B]Grimm Reaper & Ron Ritchie vs. Tom Jones & Brian Adias[/B] I think the bookers are trying to get me some wins putting me in more tag matches lately. I just need to stay the heck away from Jones' headbutt! The match was another pretty good attempt, but we fell short. We worked on the arms of Jones, and thought we could take him down. We made some good tag outs to keep as fresh as possible, but Ritchie ended up in the ring too long at the end, and Jones got with none other than the running headbutt after 22 minutes. [B]Thursday-SWCW on Tour![/B] [B]Grimm Reaper vs. Chick Donovan[/B] Donovan pinned me in a quick 7 minutes after a running power slam. Another C. [B]Friday-SWCW at the Junction[/B] [B]Grimm Reaper vs. Italian Stallion[/B] I missed my chance again. After a couple chairs shots, I hit the Running Heabutt, but didn't put him through the table (table match). he turned on me and hit the piledriver through the table at the 15 minute mark. [B]Saturday-SWCW Takes Texas![/B] [B]Grimm Reaper & Terry Adonis vs. Earthquake & Joel Deaton[/B] No ability to counter as Deaton hits me with the rock he pulled from his pants not once, but twice. Done in 12 minutes for the dreaded "C". I wasn't scheduled for Sunday's Maple Leaf All Stars [B]Monday-Maple Leaf Express[/B] [B]Grimm Reaper vs. Tony Charles[/B] Finally someone new. Unfortunately, this kid looks awesome even for a lightweight. He's not 100% so hopefully I can capitalize. I thought I might pull this one out after a late flurry of blows. But he got with with an abdominal stretch and then a small package. I was just too worn out to kick out. We did give a C+ effort this time.

[B]Wednesday-Maple Leaf Express Run[/B] Pinned in 8 minutes by Ed Moretti. Another match is over.... [B]Thursday-SWCW on Tour![/B] Submission to Larry Cameron for a "D" match. Ugly... [B]Friday-Southwest Championship at the Junction[/B] Ugly match against Terry Adonis. I can't last more than 10 minutes. I need to work on lasting longer in the ring. This is pathetic.... [B]Saturday-SWCW Takes Texas![/B] [B]Grimm Reaper vs. Joel Deaton[/B] This was a decent match. Deaton kept throwing me over the top rope and hit me with some illegal moves even though it wasn't a hardcore match. I don't know what the ref was doing, he kept looking over to the back. I got knocked out after 25 minutes with the hidden object. C+ match. [B]Sunday-Maple Leaf All Stars[/B] I got a little frustrated by the losing, especially all the matches against Tom Jones. I got greedy and used the chair one too many times hitting Jones with a DDT getting me disqualified. I just hope I hurt him good.... [B]Monday-Maple Leaf Express Run[/B] Wow, Ed Morretti creams Brian Adias. I and Boris Zuhkoff didn't even get in the ring. 5 minute match. Yuck! [B]Thursday-SWCW on Tour![/B] After another night not getting booked, I lost a heartbreaker with Earthquake to Ken Mantel and Joel Deaton. Of course it was another cheap shot. But this was a hardcore match... [B]Friday-Southwest Championship at the Junction[/B] Wow, this was an all out brawl against Terry Adonis. He didn't like something I said about his match last week and we had it out backstage before our match. Boyd figured we would have a good match so he made it a cage match. We went back and forth for 35 minutes! We hit eachother with everything we had. I finally put him out with some rear crossface blows and a Grounded Roundhouse kick to the head. For some reason it was a bore for the crowd as we only got a C. Several of the guys were giving me glares backstage. I found out from Mark that everyone feels I got what I deserved before the match, that I stepped over the line with my comments. I don't agree. I was only trying to convey my confidence saying I would beat him. What's the big deal? At least I backed it up....

[B]Saturday-SWCW Takes Texas![/B] [B]Grimm Reaper & Igor Volkoff vs. Terry Adonis[/B] Boyd hit me up backstage before I saw the card and told me that backstage mess with Adonis was not my fault. "He's been a real prick lately, so I'm glad you gave him a little wake up call Grimm. It was even better that you beat him in the match afterwards. Just as a thankyou, you're teaming up with Volkoff against Adonis in a handicap match. No need to thank me on this one buddy, the pleasure is aaallll mine!" What a wasted match! We were beating Adonis down easily. After going back and forth on him, Volkoff decides to be nice and tag me back in. I hadn't gotten enough rest from the last bit in the ring, and Adonis caught me by surprise with a rollup after a swinging neck breaker. Dang!! The crowd was into it though handing us a B- for the 27 minute match. [B]Sunday-Maple Leaf All Stars[/B] [B]Grimm Reaper, Mark Youngblood, Akio Sato vs. Jose Luis Rivera, Tom Jones, Tony Charles[/B] Wow, another battle. I just can't get over Tom Jones, he is such a beast! We were all scrapping the entire time, battling eachother with every move we had. We almost had Rivera a few minutes in as Youngblood was kicking his butt. But at one point he managed to get to his corner and tag in Jones. This looked like a great battle that could go an hour long! I was even getting in some great combinations and we were wearing them down. Then all of a sudden, with Jones in the ring, something just clicked. Like this switch in his head told him to end the match. Starting with me, he pinned me after a running headbutt, then proceeded to take out Sato, then Youngblood with the running headbutts as well. All this in about two minutes! This slobberknocker lasted 33 minutes, earning us a respectable C+

[B]Wednesday-Maple Leaf Express Run[/B] [B]Grimm Reaper vs. Dr. Tom Prichard][/B] Dang that slippery ##$$%%. We went toe to toe for 35 minutes. I gave him everything, and thought I had the win. I tried the Death Toll three times in a row, before he got me to submit. C+ rating. [B]Friday-Southwest Championship at the Junction[/B] [B]Grimm Reaper, Joel Deaton, Italian Stallion vs. Mr. Piledriver, Mr. Hangman, and Kevin Embry[/B] This should be a tough one, elimination rules. It was tough, for us. We lose again, didn't even eliminate one guy.

[B]Friday Week 1 May-Southwest Championship at the Junction[/B] [B]Grimm Reaper & Terry Adonis vs. The Sheepherders[/B] I've been so discouraged by the recent bad losses that I just did some matches and didn't bother posting them. But I just had to post this one.... Man, I'm so depressed. I know it's early in my career, but the losses are piling up, and it just sucks... I just didn't even feel like getting up today, let alone wrestling... I find out I've been demoted to an Opener. I've got an elmination match against the Sheepherders, and I just know we'll get creamed. I start off strong against Luke with a couple European uppercuts, a headbutt, and a couple kicks to the knee. He starts to come back, but I keep on him with some low level moves. I made a point to not get into the high risk moves so quick this time. Maybe that was the key, as I was handling myself pretty well in the ring tonight. After some blows, Luke hits me with a low blow, oh no not again! But I slip out of the Camel Clutch and quick tag out. Adonis smacks Luke around a bit until he's able to tag out. Soon Butch is cleaning house with Adonis, it's not looking good! But Adonis slips out of a corner choke hold and throws Butch into the corner, and begins wailing on him with the ten punches! He's just manhandling Butch now, keeping him on the mat and wearing down his body. Soon Luke gets back in, and they trade blows. Adonis is wearing down, so he tags me back in again. We go on some more, for what seemed like 10 minutes at least. Back and forth both teams trade heated blows in and out of the ring. The Sheepherders are trying every cheap shot in the book, but we just keep coming back. Before long it's Adonis and Luke. Luke hits him with the Jumping Standing head scissors, and gets the submission with the Camel Clutch! Crap, this sucks! Butch immediately gets tagged in, and they hit me with the Tag Battering Ram. I manage to slip out of the Camel Clutch and throw Butch out of the ring. We slug it out, before he hits me with the loaded glove! But I slip out of the DDT, kick him in the knee, and lay him out with the Death Toll!!! I roll him in, and 1....2.....3!! Now it's just me and Luke It's not long before we're outside the ring again. I'm just totally exhausted. I don't know how I'm blocking his moves, but I'm staying alive. I avoid a flying double axe handle, kick to the knee, Death Toll!!!! But I'm dizzy from getting busted open earlier, and he gets up!!! DDT!! Later on I get another Death Toll, but I'm again hit by a dizzy spell.... Yet another Death Toll, but I can't capitalize, and he goes for the turn buckle cover... I've got enough for one more try, kick to the knee...... Death Toll!!!! 1........2........3!!!!! The crowd is on their feet loving this 62 minute blood fest and give us a solid B! [B]Saturday[/B] [B]Grimm Reaper vs. Igor Volkoff[/B] Another great match! Again, I didn't get fancy too quick. Just kept it simple, and took him with every low move I have along with launching him into the wall several times. Finally after a Hogan Flurry in the corner, I hit him with my Welcome to the Morgue (Ground Roundhouse Kick), and escaped for the two match win streak! The crowd was into it pretty good giving us a C+

[B]Thursday Week 2-SWCW on Tour![/B] I had a handicap match with Duke Myers and Earthquake against Joel Deaton and Ken Lucas. It was a tough tables elimination match, but we took them out. I ended the match by bodyslamming Lucas through a table for a C+. [B]Friday-Southwest Championship at the Junction[/B] Tonight I faced Terry Adias again in a hardcore match. I wasn't losing, I hit him with so many chair shots I can't remember. At the end he tried a Flying standing knee off the top rope which I countered with a Death Toll for the win. It only earned us a C, but at this point I only care about the big W. Which I've now won four of my last six matches... [B]Saturday-SWCW Takes Texas![/B] [B]Grimm Reaper vs. Gypsy Joe[/B] This one was a cage match. It was pretty brutal as we launched eachother into the wall several times. It looked at first like an easy win for him, but I hung in there. He finally escaped when I went for the Swan Dive and missed. That little voice told me not to do it, but I didn't listen, and it cost me. We fairly entertained the fans with a B-. [B]Sunday-Maple Leaf All Stars[/B] [B]Grimm Reaper vs. Brian Adias[/B] I can tell I'm getting better, though I still lost. We fought a good match going back and forth. I just wasn't quite capable as he got the submission. I know I could have escaped, but I just gave up for some reason. We got a C+ [B]Saturday-Southwest Championship at the Junction[/B] [B]Grimm Reaper vs. Jerry O[/B] I had been thinking that I hadn't seen Mark Callous in a while, and I haven't had a tag match with him in several weeks. I asked around before my match, and found out he left SWCW!! He didn't even tell me. It's pretty obvious this is just a business if your partner doesn't even tell you he is leaving. Well, I was a bit ticked off so I took it out on newcomer Jerry O. It was a hardcore match and I took him out with the Death Toll in 10 minutes.

[B]Saturday-Southwest Championship at the Junction[/B] [B]Grimm Reaper vs. Italian Stallion[/B] After another ho-hum week, I'm up against Italian Stallion. I'd have to say we've put on some pretty good matches together. But I heard he was talking smach about me in the locker room. He said I cost us that six man tag match we had a couple weeks ago. I can't believe he's upset about a match two weeks ago. But I guess he thinks it cost him a shot at moving up in the ranks. So basically he was telling the guys he is going to make an example out of me. Well have I got news for this loser... To start off the match, Stallion hits a few low level shots, thinking he's taking control of the match. But I'm ticked, and just toying with this guy. Soon I'm just lambasting him all over the ring. He tries to fight back, but I shrug off most of his attempts. A few times I whip him outside the ring, and add in a few chair shots to the ribs for good measure. Late in the match he did mount a small comeback after he avoided a couple Welcome to the Morgue shots. But after I got out of a small package, he got the kick to the knee and the ole' Death Toll for the loss. The crowd really wasn't into the beating as much as I was, and we only got a C for the 20 minute battle. [B]Saturday-SWCW at the Junction[/B] "Good luck rook" says Gama Singh disgustedly as I walk be entering the arena for tonights show. "What was that all about?" I think to myself. It wasn't long before I found out. I was summoned to an office where Johnny Boyd was sitting smoking a cigar. "Hey kid, I wanted to congratulate you. wants to give you a shot tonight on live TV to see what you can do. That's right kid, you'll be facing Singh tonight for the Southwest TV title. Don't screw it up!" "Wow, thanks man! This is great!" I know I've had some pretty good matches, but this was not expected at all with the way many of my matches have ended up. But I guess when you're new, it's not all about winning, but puting on a good match. [B]Grimm Reaper vs. Gama Singh-Southwest TV Title Hardcore match[/B] Man, I was excited to hear I was getting a title shot, but being a hardcore match just sucks. I've discovered a pretty good strategy of going to the outside to keep from getting pinned, and just try to wear down my opponent, and even get in a few chair shots when I can. But the hardcore match eliminates that idea. They know what they're doing, they want to give me a true test, and not allow me to use the outside to my advantage... Singh is a tough competitor, and he showed it starting off. He hit me several times before I could even respond. But it wasn't long before I came back. For the next several minutes I did all I could to wear Singh down. I did get him outside the ring and we exchanged blows, legal and otherwise. I was wearing him down good, waiting for the right time to hit a finisher, but he seemed to hit a point where he wouldn't quit. But I wasn't backing down either. But the turning point was late in the match when he blocked a DDT. He then countered my bodyslam with a hard forearm, and pulled some medallion from his tights and hit me hard. I kicked out, and he cracked me open with it again. But I still wasn't giving in... I avoided the Brass Knuckles and got in a couple hits before he slammed my head against the ring post and got me to submit to the Camel Clutch. I thought we gave the crowd a good show with the 20 minute battle, but they were only mildly enthused and gave us a C. [B]Overness[/B] USA 14 Canada 10 [B]Skills[/B] Spirit 21 (+11) Power 20 (+3) Technique 17 (+13) Speed 13 (+10) Psychology 91 (+83) Stamina 27 (+2) Toughness 20 (+10) Charisma 26 Microphone 40 (+20) Safety 29 (+9) Looks 98 Respect 10 (+10) [B]Progress through May (4 months)[/B]

[B]Sunday Week 1 June 1984[/B] Well I decided to make the call again to Jerry Jarrett at CWA. I'm sure he forgot about our last encounter. In fact, I don't think he even remembers me. I have a tryout tomorrow against Akira Maeda. [B]Monday-CWA All Stars[/B] Maeda was one tough customer. I gave him a bit of a fight, but he pretty much toyed with me as I only lasted 8 minutes before submission. What a waste of a day though. It's obvious that Jarrett was putting me on when I called. He called me in after the show. He was laughing, and just said "Thanks kid", and had me ushered out. What a joke. One of these days I hope I meet him in an alley somewhere....

The Death Squad is no more. Rats. Did Mean Mark just leave or was he released? If you keep giving them a good match (rating wise) you'll continue to move up the card ladder more quickly than just winning a lot of matches. Also, if you keep the good rating matches coming you will probably be given a bigger raise once your contract comes due for renewal. In only my fourth match in Central States, I was 0-1 in singles but I got a title shot against Harley Race.

[B]January 1985[/B] Well, it's a new year. You may notice that there is a huge time discrepancy between my last match and today. I have to be honest, I just didn't have the heart to write about my career. I felt like I had hit a wall after the first few months. I felt like I was putting on some good matches, and yet night after night I was losing, and badly at times... And most of the time, the fans weren't even into my matches. Maybe I shouldn't lay it all on myself, my oppenent has to put on a good show as well, but I was just putting too much on my shoulders. I got back into CWA, but then was dropped just like that. I was also recently dropped by SWCW. I felt like I was going nowhere fast, and I was almost ready to hang up my boots. I took some time off to clear my head, and talk to some friends. They really helped pick my spirits up. They told me I have a great opportunity, and just to make the most of it. Very few people skyrocket to the top. After giving it some thought, they are right. Besides, after having to scrap my way to the top, it will make everything that much sweeter. My best friend Dave gave me that last boost I needed when he showed me the January issue of Global Wrestler magazine. I was so down I hadn't even picked up a wrestling magazine or watched wrestling for at least 3 weeks. He flipped to the back and showed me an article. It was the list of the top 500 wrestlers in the world. He told me to take a look, and after scanning down, there it was halfway down the list "#288 Grimm Reaper". "Dude! When I saw the article in the index, I turned right to it. I haven't even looked at the rest of the magazine. I just knew I had to show you. It's only been 10 months and you are already almost halfway up the list! And how many guys are out there that aren't even on the list. You are only 19 years old, and already you are ahead of Dangerous Dan, your boyhood idol. How cool is that!" I just sat and stared at the article. I couldn't believe it. They had the article after the list, and I started thumbing through. I turned over two pages, and stopped dead in my tracks. My mouth dropped, as I just stared. "What man? You look like you were just given a multi-million dollar contract!" "Dave, you said you haven't looked at the magazine yet?" "Nope, just the top 500 list. Why?" "Listen to this.... At number 288 on this year's list is newcomer Grimm Reaper. Probably the only people to know of this kid are local wrestling fans of PPW. I watched this kid wrestle a couple months ago as I was checking out Mean Mark Callous in SWCW back mid last year. This kid was only 19 years old and was given a shot at the TV title. Unfortunately for this youngster, he was against the tough Gama Singh, and it was a hardcore match. I could tell he was out of his element, as Singh really took advantage, and defended the title. But that kid just wouldn't quit. He looks very athletic, and works like someone with 3-4 years of experience already. He was released from SWCW shortly after that, and I think they will regret that decision. He has recently become a main eventer for PPW, and will likely see a title shot in his near future. If you are in the area, take in a PPW show and you will see an up and coming star in the wrestling world." I just sat back in a daze... Dave is snapping his fingers in front of my face, then slapping me. I'm just sitting there with a smile on my face. Finally after a few minutes, I got up, and asked Dave if he wanted to grab a beer. "Sure man, and this one is on me!" I got home around 2 am, and had 7 messages on my answering machine. I threw some food into the fish tank, and said to the boys (my two angel fish), "Well fellas, you are now looking at a future super star! Eat up!" I crashed into my bed, millions of thought rushing through my brain. Wow, and to think I was so close to quitting altogether..

It's the first week of February 1985. I've started off the year pretty well winning 6 of my last 9 matches, and 8 of 12 dating to December. I have been let go from a few federations because of conflicting schedules where I missed shows. That and some less than stellar matches have really hurt me with the US feds, so I might change my focus to other continents. [B]Overness[/B] USA 10 Canada 3 Mexico 8 UK 11 [B]Skills[/B] Spirit 30 Power 34 Technique 30 Speed 26 Psychology 96 Stamina 51 Toughness 36 Charisma 28 Microphone 37 Safety 49 Looks 98 Respect 19 Record: 63-97

[B]Saturday Week 2 March[/B] I've slipped back into putting on some rather dull matches. A few of the guys have said I'm starting to bore the fans. I'm worried too much about winning, and not enough into the entertaining side of the business. I guess I tend to forget that this isn't really about me, it's about giving the fans something to get excited about. Well tonight, I'm going to give them the best dang show ever. Tonight I'm wrestling Eddie Watts in an International Wrestling show. I haven't started out too well for these guys losing my first four matches. Anyway, win or lose, I am going to give the fans a memorable fight. Trouble was, Watts was too high on coke to give a crap about anything. And bad for me, the stuff was making him damn near invincible! I started slow just trying to wear him down. We slugged it out for a good half hour as I worked in some higher level moves to give the fans something to put them on the edges of their seats. Finally I get Watts outside the ring and start to wail on him with Gorilla presses, half sentons and whatever else I could sneak in by the way of a chair shot. This guy just would not lay down! It's going on almost a half hour by now! He just would take my beating, then turn on me and get me back in the ring. Lucky for me, he was too stoned to finish me off either. He rarely tried a finishing move, and when he did, I was able to sneak out or block it. We must have gone in and out of the ring 25 times at least. At one point after the 60 minute mark, I hit a succession of at least 10 Gorilla presses and half sentons. His ribs had to be hurting bad. I almost had a pinfall a little while later. I could tell the fans were starting to get bored, and wanted to see a good finish. Unfortunately, I couldn't give them a good Welcome to the Morgue or Death Toll, because at the 72 minute mark, I threw Watts out of the ring, and hit him with a baseball slide. He crumpled to the floor like a Raggedy Ann doll, after which the ref jumped down and declared me the winner via medical DQ. Too bad Watts couldn't come to the arena sober and keep up his end of the deal, as the fans only rated us a B-.

Have you tried getting into CWF? I think that they will have you try out first and possibly start you off as an opener if you put on a good match. The B- rating is really good and you shouldn't be mad anytime you get one of those. It's those types of matches that will get you deeper into the cards. It takes two to tango, as they say, and the other wrestler has to do his share in order to get better ratings. Which feds have you been in and kicked out of?

I'm at work and going from memory, but I was dropped by CWA late in 1984, and then SWCW I think in January. I was like a midcarder in SWCW, don't remember with CWA, but I wasn't moving up in either one. I've been with PPW since almost the biginning, and have been a Main Eventer since late in '84, but now virtually every show is getting cancelled due to lack of workers, so I might quit that one soon. I was dropped by a couple others (All Stars I think was one), but that was because of conflicting schedules, and they didn't like it that I picked someone else. I'm still with MLW, and another Canadian fed. I just joined UWA (I think that was the Mexican one). I haven't been able to get any other US feds to even give me a look recently. I've decided to concentrate on the Canadian feds for a bit, and try the US later. I'm getting a better handle on the game, but it's still got me pretty frustrated at times. Recently I've been having a lot of matches where I'm getting pinned and I'm only "Tiring" and using Fighting Spirit. As I said, I've decided to quit worrying about my record, and just raising the quality of the matches. My record has gotten pretty decent, but I don't seem to be getting anywhere.

After a fluke loss to the Great Muta on Sunday, I had a tag match on the Maple Leaf Express Run on Wednesday [B]Grimm and Chick Donovan vs. Jerry O and Eddie Watts[/B] Well it seams they want maybe get a little fued going between me and Watts as we're facing off again. This one went back and forth for the first half of the match until we started to take control. We were working Jerry O pretty hard, when he snuck in the tag to Watts. That's when I kicked it into high gear. We had the fans on their feet for the end of this one. Watts was trying desperately (he was sober tonight) to pin me, but I wasn't giving in. I hit him with the Death Dive at the 32 minute mark for the win. The fans gave us a very respectable B rating. [B]Thursday-UWA-Todas las Estrellas[/B] [B]Grimm vs. Sabu[/B] I was a bit excited coming off the last good win. I was hoping to continue it though I'm up against one of the toughest guys I've faced so far in Sabu. I was ready for a long brawl, but he really didn't put up much of a fight. Miss Linda had to interrupt a couple times before the ref got rid of her to the back. And I got lucky avoiding at least three fireballs. I hit him with the Death Dive for the win at the 20 minute mark for a B-.

Archived