GAMMA:The Regenesis Poll Question 2

GAMMA:The Regenesis Poll Question 2  

6 members have voted

1. 1. GAMMA:The Regenesis Poll Question 2

• Welterweights
    • Light Heavyweights
    • Heavyweights
    • The Contender: The Comeback (established fighters who eventually get a title shot, weight class tbd)

GAMMA's reality show The Contender has been renewed for a third season according to recent reports, airing sometime this spring. A weight class for the show has yet to be released, so the question is, what weight class do you think should be featured next? Your reasoning could be a currently weak division, a need for fresh faces or something else.

I think Heavyweight should be out. Heavyweight always has like 5-10 really awesome guys and the rest are just crap. Welterweight has the deepest talent pool with potential for the top guys from both Lightweight and Middleweight to move to it. I'm not digging The Comeback show idea. Any World Class competitor versus Joe Blow on a win streak for a World Title will have Extremely High hype. No need to do a special show.

Good point Garner, although the proposed comeback show wouldn't necessarily include someone on a winning streak. The fights that happen on The Contender are not MMA-sanctioned fights and don't count on their pro record, so the winner of the show would likely only have one or two wins in a row. That may not make it any more attractive, but I thought I'd clarify.

Archived