Least likely stars

Guest Ransik

Just wondering who has been able to make pretty good stars out of guys you wouldn't normally see make it up there on the roster. I'm 4 months into my WCW game currently without even trying I've made Meng into quite a success story. I've built him up to the point to where he does really well in angles and when he's working with the undercard he always pulls out good matches, and by the time I hit Bash at the Beach I might be able to confidentally hand him the US Title. And amazingly no matter how hard I try... I can't make Lex Luger fail. I'll job him 2 weeks straight, and give him one little win and his popularity is even better than before. So how about you guys?

I'm at a crossroads. I want to pull the trigger with Meng cause even making him job 80% of his matches just keeps his popularity where it started. Every small win I give him jumps him way up and I have to keep knocking him back down to prepare him. I just gave Goldberg the US Title at Superbrawl... can't have him lose it to Meng. I might have to jump Goldberg winning the World Title earlier than I wanted so I can push Meng up farther. I'm trying to get Eddie and Jericho to the Main Event... doesn't look too promising. I had Eddie win a non-Title bout over WCW Champion Sting 3 weeks into a Sting/Bret Hart/Kevin Nash/Eddie feud and it didn't budge his popularity one bit... but knocked Sting down to a B+ from A+. Bleh...

True... I just want to wait until I can build his Entertainment Skills enough so Jimmy Hart doesn't have to carry the whole interview. lol Basically I use my Dark Match time to run interviews... I've gotten Meng from an F+ in Microphone to C- in 4 months. :D 2 more months and he oughta be good to go seeing as I now have Thunder to work with him on it.

In my created fed, i gave Scotty 2 Cool (AKA Scotty 2 Hotty) a whiteman rastafarian gimmick where he pretends to be a rastaman. Renamed his finisher to The Weed (Instead of the worm). I did it just for a laugh, but then after putting him in some comedy matches with Rob Conway and other main eventers, he just kept rising and rising up the card. He is now sitting at Upper Midcard, just about to break into the main event scene before taking the top gold :).

I have played 1 and a half yrs of game time and the only guys that have been impressive to me have been Kevin Steen (expected) D+ to B- in about 8 months in the Tri-State region. I want to push Acid but he just will not gain popularity. It seems that giving guys many decisive wins isn't boosting their popularity the way I want it too.

Even though most would call them surefire future stars, I brought up the Motor City Machine Guns from ROH (my developmental territory, I was WWE). They were going to be fodder for the Stampede Bulldogs (Harry Smith and TJ Wilson) at Wrestlemania 25 I think it was. I debuted them a few weeks before Wrestlemania and by the time Wrestlemania came around, both Shelley and Sabin were up to B-'s in overness in the US with just about three matches and ended up winning the WWE Tag Team titles at Wrestlemania.

Raku Makuda just won the 2013 Women's Wrestler of the Year - despite a 15-0-24 record in her matches. Still, I guess a C- average over 39 matches with a high of B isn't bad - but Alicia Strong (20-0-15 C/B+), Dragon Assassin (31-1-37 C-/B) and Joanne Rodriguez (23-3-7 C+/B+) could all have cause to complain. I've made a new star, though - so I'm happy :D

Archived