Suggestion - Hidden Stats

How about...have that person come to you and you deciding if they're a good fit for the company [i]or[/i] giving the booking/road agents something to do and have them give their opinions on this potential worker. -do they fit the style of the promotion -can they be used and in what capacity -should you give them a tryout--tryout basically being a one shot short term deal or longer depending on the conditions of a tryout (just like the conditions of a written or verbal contract).

We already have short term contracts, so we're able to give workers tryouts. The reason I think we already have something close to what is being asked for is the fact that so many things in the game ARE hidden in spite of the stats; for example, let's see you hire Hell Monkey. You KNOW Hell Monkey is good, but what if he has awful chemistry with next to all of your Main Event? Exactly. Things like this have happened in a lot of my games, where a worker is next to useless to me because of chemistry alone. So basically what I'm saying is that I feel that enough of the stats are hidden and are only really discovered by putting that worker in action. I like the idea of hiding all of the workers' stats, but, at the same time, it doesn't make a Hell of a lot of sense and would probably just end up frustrating me. And yeah, I'd probably just check the editor or rely on what I know about the C-Verse so far... which would strike me as plain illogical, for the player to know more about the workers in the game than the booking character. If the booking character doesn't know anything about the workers, or the promotion doesn't know anything about the workers, then what the bloody Hell are they doing with themselves? Talk about unprofessional.

Archived