NYCW and some flying

I am trying a game with NYCW and i am about to book my first show. I was wondering though, i have signed people like Mario Heroic and Mainstream H. and was wondering if i should toss in a little modern into the product since they have some flying ability. I was thinking back to Snuka, Steamboat and Savage who where "high flyers" once apon a time but the only 1's really. Should i just add a low modern to my product? oh, and can NYCW get away with cheap/tainted wins?

[QUOTE=takertitan;375277]I am trying a game with NYCW and i am about to book my first show. I was wondering though, i have signed people like Mario Heroic and Mainstream H. and was wondering if i should toss in a little modern into the product since they have some flying ability. I was thinking back to Snuka, Steamboat and Savage who where "high flyers" once apon a time but the only 1's really. Should i just add a low modern to my product? oh, and can NYCW get away with cheap/tainted wins?[/QUOTE] only if you plan on using high spot based matches

well since their stats are better as flyers, it would make sense to try and use it, right? also, any workers people would suggest? I picked up a good chunk of talent(poison, frankie, size matters(a could of monster heels who are all A gimmic), jungle jack,...basicly pulling a 80's vince but if anyone could suggest anyone out, would be helpful. really want to play a good game before 08, never got to do a long C-Verse.

[QUOTE=takertitan;375569]well since their stats are better as flyers, it would make sense to try and use it, right? also, any workers people would suggest? I picked up a good chunk of talent(poison, frankie, size matters(a could of monster heels who are all A gimmic), jungle jack,...basicly pulling a 80's vince but if anyone could suggest anyone out, would be helpful. really want to play a good game before 08, never got to do a long C-Verse.[/QUOTE] Since NYCW starts as a small promotion, you won't be able to get anyone that is higher than a d- in popularity. Good brawlers to get would be Nicky Champion as USPW often cut him loose and he pairs up well with American Machine as a large muscular duo Depending on how much you want to keep the old school feel, Mean Jean Catteley and Paul Steadyfast fit the default product very well. Also most young luchadors with some technical ability can do well.

[QUOTE=takertitan;375681]lucha in NYCW? really? that like an odd pair.[/QUOTE] Not really when you consider just how large the hispanic population in New york is. Granted, I did tweak my product to very low for lucha, but even without using lucha rules, Mexico has a lot of very talented wrestlers that have a strong overall or technical skillbase. I have gotten both Magnifico and Marcos Flores to upper card /main event in NYCW diaries.

As an NYCW player, I reccommend Jungle Jack as well. The guy's a decent brawler, and he can be a major star (I put him in one match and he instantly moved into the main event: I've got him lined up to take on Grandmaster Phunk after Whistler's feud ends).

NYCW was always one of my favorite promotions. Before going into what I do, I have to point out that I don't like to fire people right off the bat, especially in the case of NYCW were everyone on the roster has some redeeming quality (overness, basics, mic skills, etc). I do however get rid of Rodger Dodger because of he is radically overpriced (though now that I think about it, I could fire Herb Stanley instead and use Dodger as my main CC). Anyway, here is what I usually do with the roster. Looking at the roster, there is a need for another main event level face to go with Whistler and Flash, a lack of "up and coming" midcard heel to push, and a lack of tag teams overall (down to one full-time team after releasing Roger Dodger). To fill the main event slot, I try to sign Jungle Jack because of his Rumble skills. The young heel midcarder can be filled by a lot of guys including Frankie Perez, William Hayes, Dazzling Dave Diamond, and even guys like Jacob Jett. Finally, to solve the tag team problem, I like to sign and team up two, talented F pop workers like Kashmir Singh, Thomas Morgan, Cal Sanders, etc., team up Sammy The Shark and The New York Doll, and finally team up Honest Frank and another veteren like Lee or Sanders. Sample Roster Summary: [u]Empire Title Scene[/u] Grandmaster Phunk (c) Whistler Black Hat Bailey Jungle Jack* [i]Steve Flash[/i] [i]Rick Sanders[/i] [u]Tri-Stae Scene[/u] Steve Flash (c) Rick Sanders American Machine William Hayes* [i]The Masked Mauler[/i] [i]Land Mass[/i] [u]Tag Team Scene[/u] Wiley Coyote (c) Honest Frank and Lee Wright Thomas Morgan* and Cal Sanders* Sammy The Shark and The New York Doll

[QUOTE]NYCW was always one of my favorite promotions. Before going into what I do, I have to point out that I don't like to fire people right off the bat, especially in the case of NYCW were everyone on the roster has some redeeming quality (overness, basics, mic skills, etc). I do however get rid of Rodger Dodger because of he is radically overpriced (though now that I think about it, I could fire Herb Stanley instead and use Dodger as my main CC). Anyway, here is what I usually do with the roster[/QUOTE] I always get rid of roger too, if he doesn't get signed by RIPW because 1500 for an opener is insane. I also usually keep most of the initial roster, at least through their first contract (as can be seen by the fact I still have NY Doll, Honest Frank, and Fern Hathaway SEVEN years into my NYCW diary :D ) but please tell me exactly what redeeming values you find in Land Mass?

[QUOTE=Dragonmack;376465]I always get rid of roger too, if he doesn't get signed by RIPW because 1500 for an opener is insane. I also usually keep most of the initial roster, at least through their first contract (as can be seen by the fact I still have NY Doll, Honest Frank, and Fern Hathaway SEVEN years into my NYCW diary :D ) but please tell me exactly what redeeming values you find in Land Mass?[/QUOTE] E overness and C+ basics. These alone make him a decent jobber.

[QUOTE=foolinc;376480]E overness and C+ basics. These alone make him a decent jobber.[/QUOTE] Which is massively offset by an E- Stamina and an E+ Psychology, as well as a D in selling, not to mention even in brawling and hardcore he is only an E+ and and f in everything else. I could actually see a use for him as a manager or main eventers muscle man in an entertainment based fed as he does stat with D's in entertainment that can probably be improved, and an A in menace. But in a traditional type fed like NYCW, I just don't see his usefulness, even as a jobber. However, if you have found some success with him, my hat is off to you. ;)

[QUOTE=Dragonmack;376523]Which is massively offset by an E- Stamina and an E+ Psychology, as well as a D in selling, not to mention even in brawling and hardcore he is only an E+ and and f in everything else. I could actually see a use for him as a manager or main eventers muscle man in an entertainment based fed as he does stat with D's in entertainment that can probably be improved, and an A in menace. But in a traditional type fed like NYCW, I just don't see his usefulness, even as a jobber. However, if you have found some success with him, my hat is off to you. ;)[/QUOTE] The key is having talented wrestlers beat him in 5 minutes or less.

Archived