Ring of Honor 2008

This is basically going to be a Ring of Honor diary picking up from present day with present storylines and such and as such there is no fruity back story about me becoming booker or anything. If it is as good as my diaries in the past then it should be decent at the least :) [b]Regular Roster[/b] [b]Faces[/b] [b]The Vulture Squad[/b] “The Prince of Parkland” Jack Evans “The Riddle Wrapped in an Enigma” Jigsaw “The Devil's Son in Law” Julius Smokes - Manager Mercedes Martinez “The RVD of MTV” Ruckus [b]Unaffiliated[/b] Allison Danger “The Best Wrestler in the World” Bryan Danielson “Double C” Claudio Castagnoli Daizee Haze Delirious “The Generic Luchadore” El Generico Erick Stevens Jay Briscoe “Mr. Wrestling” Kevin Steen Mark Briscoe Tammy Sytch - Manager [b]Tweeners[/b] “The Wrestling Machine” Austin Aries [b]Heels[/b] [b]The Age of the Fall[/b] Allison Wonderland - Manager Jimmy Jacobs Joey Matthews Lacey - Manager Necro Butcher Tyler Black Zach Gowen [b]Sweet and Sour Inc.[/b] Bobby Dempsey “The Saviour of Wrestling” Chris Hero Daniel Puder “Sweet and Sour” Larry Sweeney - Manager Sara Del Rey Tank Toland [b]No Remorse Corps.[/b] Davey Richards Rocky Romero “The Messiah of the Backbreaker” Roderick Strong [b]Hangmen 3[/b] “Scrap Iron” Adam Pearce BJ Whitmer “The Shooter” Brent Albright Shane Hagadorn [b]Unaffiliated[/b] Nigel McGuinness [b]Occasional Workers and Students[/b] Alex “Sugarfoot” Payne Bobby Fish Eddie Edwards Go Shiosaki “The Dark Minion of the Underworld” Hallowicked Human Tornado Jason Blade KENTA Matt Cross “Lightning” Mike Quackenbush Naomichi Marufuji Pelle Primeau Rhett Titus Takeshi Morishima Vin Gerard [b]Upcoming One off and Special Appearances[/b] Alex Shelley BxB Hulk Chris Sabin Dragon Kid Genki Horiguchi Masato Yoshino Naruki Doi Ryo Saito Shingo [b]Staff[/b] [b]Ring Announcer[/b] Bobby Cruise [b]Owner[/b] Cary Silkin [b]Commentators[/b] Dave Prazak Lenny Leonard [b]Booker[/b] Gabe Sapolsky [b]Referees[/b] Mike Coughlin Paul Turner Todd Sinclair [b]Interviewer[/b] Rebecca Bayless [b]Current Ring of Honor Champions[/b] [b]ROH World Heavyweight Title[/b] [i]Nigel McGuinness[/i] [b]ROH World Tag Team Titles[/b] [i]Rocky Romero and Davey Richards[/i] [b]FIP World Heavyweight Title[/b] [i]Roderick Strong[/i] [b]SHIMMER World Title[/b] [i]Sara Del Rey[/i] [quote][center] [b]Upcoming Show Schedule[/b] [i]Friday Week 2 March, Dover, New Jersey – Baker Theatre[/i] [b]Current Card[/b] [b]Tag Team Grudge Match[/b] Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. Joey Matthews & Tyler Black with Lacey [b]Qualifying Match For 3/16 Four Corner Survival[/b] Delirious vs. The Necro Butcher [b]Qualifying Match For 3/16 Four Corner Survival[/b] Go Shiosaki vs. Brent Albright [b]Special Challenge Match[/b] ROH World Tag Team Champion Davey Richards vs. Kevin Steen [b]Special Tag Team Attraction[/b] Austin Aries & Bryan Danielson vs. Jigsaw & Ruckus with Julius Smokes [b]Non-Title Four Corner Survival[/b] ROH World Champion Nigel McGuinness vs. Claudio Castagnoli vs. Erick Stevens vs. BJ Whitmer Plus: Roderick Strong of No Remorse Corps; Larry Sweeney; plus more to be added!!! [i]Saturday Week 2 March, Dover, New Jersey – Baker Theatre[/i] [b]Current Card[/b] [b]Main Event[/b] Bryan Danielson & Austin Aries vs. Nigel McGuinness & Go Shiosaki [b]Tag Team Challenge[/b] Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. Brent Albright & BJ Whitmer [b]Qualifying Match For 3/16 Four Corner Survival[/b] Claudio Castagnoli vs. Davey Richards [b]Qualifying Match For 3/16 Four Corner Survival[/b] Tyler Black vs. Erick Stevens Plus: Roderick Strong; Kevin Steen; Go Shiosaki; Joey Matthews, The Necro Butcher & Lacey of The Age Of The Fall; Adam Pearce & BJ Whitmer of The Hangmen Three with Shane Hagadorn; Delirious; The Vulture Squad of Jigsaw & Ruckus with Julius Smokes; Larry Sweeney; plus more to be added!!! [i]Sunday Week 2 March, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania – Pennsylvania National Guard Armoury [b]THIS WILL BE A PAY PER VIEW TAPING[/i] Current Card[/b] Nigel McGuinness Will Defend The ROH World Title!!! [b]Challenge Match[/b] Roderick Strong vs. Kevin Steen [b]ROH will tape its 6th PPV. Signed to wrestle: [/b] -Erick Stevens -Austin Aries -Bryan Danielson -Jay & Mark Briscoe -ROH World Tag Team Champion Davey Richards of No Remorse Corps -The Age Of The Fall of Tyler Black, Lacey, The Necro Butcher & Joey Matthews -Claudio Castagnoli -Go Shiosaki -Delirious -Larry Sweeney -The Hangmen Three of Adam Pearce, Brent Albright & BJ Whitmer with Shane Hagadorn -The Vulture Squad of Jigsaw & Ruckus with Julius Smokes -Plus more to be added!!! [i]Friday Week 4 March, Orlando, Florida – Orlando Downtown Recreation Complex Dragon Gate Challenge II[/i] [b]Current Card ROH vs. Dragon Gate[/b] Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. Dragon Kid & Ryo Saito [b]ROH vs. Dragon Gate[/b] Kevin Steen & El Generico vs. Naruki Doi & Masato Yoshino [b]ROH vs. Dragon Gate[/b] Austin Aries vs. Genki Horiguchi [b]ROH vs. Dragon Gate[/b] Jimmy Jacobs & Tyler Black vs. BxB Hulk & Shingo Plus more to be announced in upcoming weeks!!! [i]Saturday Week 4 March, Orlando, Florida – Orlando Downtown Recreation Complex Supercard of Honor III[/i] [b]Current Card[/b] [b]ROH World Title Match- Rematch From Rising Above PPV[/b] Nigel McGuinness (if still champion) defends vs. Austin Aries [b]Dragon Gate Six Man Tag[/b] CIMA, Dragon Kid & Ryo Saito vs. Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino & Genki Horiguchi [b]ROH vs. Dragon Gate[/b] Kevin Steen & El Generico vs. Shingo & BxB Hulk Plus more to be announced in upcoming weeks!!! [i]Friday Week 2 April, Boston, Massachusetts – Boston University (Case Gym)[/i] Already signed: ROH World Champion Nigel McGuinness; No Remorse Corps of FIP World Heavyweight Champion Roderick Strong and ROH World Tag Team Champions Davey Richards & Rocky Romero; Kota Ibushi; Austin Aries; Delirious; Chris Hero with Larry Sweeney & Sara Del Rey; Jay & Mark Briscoe; Kevin Steen & El Generico; Brent Albright of The Hangmen Three; The Necro Butcher of The Age Of The Fall; Claudio Castagnoli; The Vulture Squad of Jigsaw & Ruckus with Julius Smokes plus more to be added!!! [i]Saturday Week 2 April, Edison, New Jersey – Inman Sports Club[/i] [b]Current Card[/b] Kevin Steen will challenge for the ROH World Title!!! Already signed: ROH World Champion Nigel McGuinness; No Remorse Corps of FIP World Heavyweight Champion Roderick Strong and ROH World Tag Team Champions Davey Richards & Rocky Romero; Kota Ibushi; Austin Aries; Delirious; Chris Hero with Larry Sweeney & Sara Del Rey; Jay & Mark Briscoe; Kevin Steen & El Generico; Brent Albright of The Hangmen Three; The Necro Butcher of The Age Of The Fall; Claudio Castagnoli; The Vulture Squad of Jigsaw & Ruckus with Julius Smokes plus more to be added!!! [i]Friday Week 3 April, Detroit, Michigan – Michigan State Fairgrounds & Expo Center[/i] The Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin) return to Ring of Honor!!! Kota Ibushi from the DDT promotion in Japan will be in action!!! Talent and matches will be announced in upcoming weeks. [i]Saturday Week 3 April, Chicago Ridge, Illinois – Frontier Fieldhouse [b]Current Card Tag Team Rematch- One Year In The Making[/b] Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin Kota Ibushi from the DDT promotion in Japan will be in action!!! Additional talent and matches will be announced in upcoming weeks!!! [i]Saturday Week 2 May, New York, New York – Hammerstein Ballroom (Debut) [b]THIS WILL BE A PAY PER VIEW TAPING[/b][/i] Talent line up and matches will be announced in upcoming weeks. [i]Friday Week 1 June, Hartford, Connecticut – Connecticut Expo. Center Friday Week 4 June, Dayton, Ohio – Montgomery County Fairgrounds Friday Week 3 August, Cleveland, Ohio – Cleveland Gray's Armoury Friday Week 2 October, Coral Springs, Florida – Coral Springs Gymnasium[/i] THIS LIST IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITH DATES TO BE ADDED AND POSSIBLY REMOVED. [/quote][/center] Newswire will be up sometime soon, most likely later tonight, hope people like the diary

[quote][b]Ring of Honor Newswire for Week 1 March 2008[/b] We are a mere two weeks from our massive North East triple shot weekender which includes special scenes being filmed for the movie “The Wrestler” starring Mickey Rourke himself. Will any Ring of Honor superstars try and make a name for themselves on this night or try to forge themselves a career in Hollywood, who knows but one thing we do know is that it is certainly going to be a wild weekend ending off with the PPV taping in Philadelphia. One thing for sure is that Larry Sweeney is certainly no stranger to controversy and after what happened to Allison Danger at the hands of Sweet and Sour Inc. she has laid down the challenge for Sweeney to send his prized girl to fight her at the PPV taping on the Sunday in Philadelphia. Larry Sweeney responded by saying that Danger did not deserve a shot at her former Dangerous Angels partner and the current SHIMMER champion Sara Del Rey and he instead was hand-picking her an opponent for this night. This opponent has yet to be revealed but sources say that an announcement is expected any moment now. Everyone is still buzzing from last weeks video wire in which many notable things happened including Nigel McGuinness basically announcing that he had lost all respect for the ROH fans and also the shocking unmasking of Vulture Squad member Jigsaw. If you still have not had a chance to see this then head on over to ROHVideos.com to watch the latest video wire as well as various other videos including bonus matches. Speaking of Nigel McGuinness he has a tough weekend ahead of him at our triple shot beginning on the Friday with a none title four way dance against three people all looking to score a mark in the win column against the champion and come into instant contention for a title shot. The following day he will take on the dream team as it were of Austin Aries and Bryan Danielson, teaming with NOAH star Go Shiosaki in what should be an amazing main event. Then to top it all off he has to defend the coveted gold he holds so dear against an as of yet unnamed opponent at the PPV taping in Philadelphia. It is testing times for the current World Champion and it will be interesting to see what response he gets from the fans he has recently shunned. In the final piece of news for today a match has been added to the Saturday night in Dover that promises to be an action packed affair as Roderick Strong defends the Full Impact Pro World Heavyweight Championship in a three way contest against Delirious and Jimmy Jacobs of the Age of the Fall. Jimmy Jacobs was not originally planned to be at these shows this weekend but he made the call and told us that after everything is said and done and this weekend is over the Age of the Fall will be stronger than ever and there will be nothing that anyone can do to stop their rise in Ring of Honor. First on the agenda for today is a special message from Tammy Sytch that she will be at the PPV in Philadelphia this weekend, she cannot make it to the Dover shows but she has said she will be in Austin Aries' corner to prove it is her he has chosen and not the Age of the Fall. To prove it Tammy has requested that Austin Aries be in a match against a member of the faction and upon consulting with Lacey we have managed to put together a special match pitting Aries against none other than Necro Butcher. This promises to be a fantastic match and a perfect match for our PPV taping. After recently being added to the weekend for his FIP title shot on Night 2, Jimmy Jacobs has now been assigned a match on night one as he will take on Human Tornado who is looking for revenge after a recent attack at the hands of the Age of the Fall. The following night Human Tornado will be in action once more as he teams with El Generico for a high flying encounter against the Vulture Squad of Ruckus and the newly unmasked Jigsaw. With Jack Evans still on the shelf the Vulture Squad have struggled to find much of a consistent streak but with the change in attitude from Jigsaw maybe it could be the time for them to turn things around. Speaking of El Generico he will go one on one on the Friday night with Roderick Strong, This will be a mere two days before Strong has a grudge match against Kevin Steen at the PPV taping. Will Generico be looking to soften up the No Remorse Corps. Member before the match against his close friend and in the same vein could Roderick send a message to Steen by putting his tag team partner on the shelf. Huge news today as thanks to some late wheeling and dealing by us here at Ring of Honor, Pro Wrestling NOAH superstar KENTA and Naomichi Marufuji will be in attendance at the Saturday show and also at the PPV taping and boy have we lined up a treat for the fans as on the Saturday KENTA will take on Marufuji in a special Pro Wrestling NOAH attraction match. Then on Sunday at the PPV both men will team up against former tag team champions representing the Age of the Fall Jimmy Jacobs and Tyler Black, known to some as Do It For Her. This will be a huge match for the tag team title scene in ROH as the winners will surely be in line for a big title match against Davey Richards and Rocky Romero at some point in the near future. Larry Sweeney has informed us that next week on a special upload to ROHVideos.com he will announce the opponent for Allison Danger at the PPV taping. Sweeney has said that Danger knows this woman very well and knows just how much she could get hurt by her. If Danger does manage to defeat this opponent she will get a shot at Sara Del Rey's SHIMMER Championship “At a time and date chosen by Larry Sweeney”. Finally for this week we can announce that on the Saturday segment of Larry Sweeney's talk show his guest will be none other than acting legend Mickey Rourke who will be in the house to film “The Wrestler” stay tuned to the website for all the latest information regarding all of our upcoming events as well as to take advantage of our 3 for 2 offer currently available on all ROH shows as well as out 30% off clearance FIP merchandise. [/quote] ...

[quote][b]Ring of Honor Newswire for Week 2 March 2008[/b] First things first for this week as we are mere days away from the huge three night extravaganza the Age of the Fall has released a statement to inform us that if due to the four corner survival qualifiers they end up with certain wrestlers double booked they always have a backup plan and there are plenty of people ready to step in for the cause. They noted that this weekend will only make them stronger and everyone will see just how much of a force the Age of the Fall is. If you have already watched the specially uploaded video then you will know that for the PPV taping Larry Sweeney's hand picked opponent for Allison Danger is none other than the Female Terminator herself Cheerleader Melissa. Due to contractual obligations with TNA this match will only be for the live audience and will not feature on the PPV nor will it be present on the DVD although negotiations are ongoing and things may change as far as it appearing on the DVD of the event. Speaking of Sweeney after the revelation that his guest on Saturday will be none other than Mickey Rourke we have found out that his Friday guest will be Rebecca Bayless. In a role reversal Rebecca will be interviewed instead of doing the interviewing but after what happened when Allison Danger was a guest on the show who knows what will happen and Rebecca must be very cautious going into that interview. Just added to the stacked line-up for the PPV is Daniel Puder returning to the company, no word on an opponent yet but Larry Sweeney has high hopes for Puder within the company and with Chris Hero currently touring NOAH Sweeney needs an ace in the hole at the PPV, could Puder be that ace? Switching attention away from the upcoming three shows for today we have news on our Florida double shot and a couple of big matches signed on for those events. The already stacked Dragon Gate Challenge II card has been stacked even more with the addition today of two matches. The first of which is a special six man tag team match as the current champions of the promotion unite and World Champion Nigel McGuinness and tag team champions Rocky Romero and Davey Richards of the No Remorse Corps take on Bryan Danielson and his partners from the Vulture Squad Ruckus and a fresh back from injury Jack Evans. This six man tag team match promises to be a spectacle that is not to be missed by anyone. The other match added to this night is a special grudge match with Delirious looking to get back at the Age of the Fall for ruining his match with Human Tornado as he goes one on one with the ultra-****y Joey Matthews. This is a big opportunity for Delirious to not only gain revenge but also to get a huge win over a well known star. One match has been added to the following nights Supercard of Honor show and that is a match for the SHIMMER Championship as Sara Del Rey will defend against Vulture Squad member Mercedes Martinez. With no more official matches announced for this weekends cards we can only imagine what sort of matches we may be likely to see as events unfold over the course of the three nights. With much of the PPV card still up in the air it will be interesting to look at the landscape of Ring of Honor after this weekend. We hope to see you all at the shows, stay tuned to the message board for up to the minute results if you are unable to attend in person. Final Cards for this weekend [b]Friday Week 2 March, Dover, New Jersey – Baker Theatre[/b] [b]Tag Team Grudge Match[/b] Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. Joey Matthews & Tyler Black with Lacey [b]Non-Title Four Corner Survival[/b] ROH World Champion Nigel McGuinness vs. Claudio Castagnoli vs. Erick Stevens vs. BJ Whitmer [b]Qualifying Match For 3/16 Four Corner Survival[/b] Delirious vs. The Necro Butcher [b]Qualifying Match For 3/16 Four Corner Survival[/b] Go Shiosaki vs. Brent Albright [b]Special Challenge Match[/b] ROH World Tag Team Champion Davey Richards vs. Kevin Steen [b]Special Tag Team Attraction[/b] Austin Aries & Bryan Danielson vs. Jigsaw & Ruckus with Julius Smokes [b]Special Challenge Non-Title match[/b] FIP World Heavyweight Champion Roderick Strong vs. El Generico Jimmy Jacobs vs. Human Tornado Plus Larry Sweeney will host his talk show segment with Rebecca Bayless [b]Saturday Week 2 March, Dover, New Jersey – Baker Theatre[/b] [b]Main Event[/b] Bryan Danielson & Austin Aries vs. Nigel McGuinness & Go Shiosaki [b]FIP World Heavyweight Title[/b] Roderick Strong defends against Delirious and Jimmy Jacobs [b]Tag Team Challenge[/b] Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. Brent Albright & BJ Whitmer [b]Special Attraction NOAH Match[/b] KENTA vs. Naomichi Marufuji [b]Qualifying Match For 3/16 Four Corner Survival[/b] Claudio Castagnoli vs. Davey Richards [b]Qualifying Match For 3/16 Four Corner Survival[/b] Tyler Black vs. Erick Stevens [b]Special Attraction Tag Team Match[/b] Human Tornado and El Generico vs. Jigsaw and Ruckus with Julius Smokes Plus Larry Sweeney will host his talk show with acting legend and star of "The Wrestler" Mickey Rourke Also: Kevin Steen; Joey Matthews, The Necro Butcher & Lacey of The Age Of The Fall; Adam Pearce of The Hangmen Three with Shane Hagadorn [b]Sunday Week 2 March, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania – Pennsylvania National Guard Armoury The PPV “Unmatched” will be taped on this night for airing in the future[/b] Nigel McGuinness Will Defend The ROH World Title!!! [b]Special Tag Team Match[/b] KENTA and Naomichi Marufuji vs. Jimmy Jacobs and Tyler Black [b]Challenge Match[/b] Roderick Strong vs. Kevin Steen [b]Grudge Match[/b] Austin Aries vs. Necro Butcher [b]Four Corner Survival[/b] The four qualifiers will go up against one another to try and gain a title shot for a future date Larry Sweeney's hand picked opponent for Allison Danger Allison Danger vs. Cheerleader Melissa ROH will tape its 6th PPV. Signed to wrestle: -Erick Stevens -Bryan Danielson -Jay & Mark Briscoe -ROH World Tag Team Champion Davey Richards of No Remorse Corps -The Age Of The Fall of Lacey, Joey Matthews -Claudio Castagnoli -Go Shiosaki -Delirious -The Hangmen Three of Adam Pearce, Brent Albright & BJ Whitmer with Shane Hagadorn -The Vulture Squad of Jigsaw & Ruckus with Julius Smokes -Sara Del Rey and Daniel Puder of Sweet and Sour Inc. -Plus More as Larry Sweeney will host another edition of his talk show [/quote] ...

[B]Ring of Honor presents: Over in Dover Night 1 Friday Week 2 March 2008 Baker Theatre, Dover, New Jersey[/B] [I]The show opens with a special taped for DVD interview with the Age of the Fall as they promise by the end of the weekend they will be stronger than ever and no one will be able to stop them as they have the “X-Factor” in a very cryptic interview.[/I] [B]Match One Adam Pearce w/Shane Hagadorn vs. Hallowicked[/B] A solid little opener here as Pearce tossed around Wicked like a rag doll until Wicked came back with some lucha moves that caught him off guard. However a Fisherman Buster attempt resulted in a low blow from Pearce before a scoop slam followed by a Big Splash from the top turnbuckle [B]Winner – Adam Pearce in 8:43[/B] [I]Next up we saw the entrance to the ring of Jimmy Jacobs accompanied by Lacey and Allison Wonderland as before his match he once again called on Austin Aries to join the Age of the Fall and to forget that “whore” Tammy but Aries did not appear and instead the music of Human Tornado was heard and our second match of the evening was on.[/I] [B]Match Two Jimmy Jacobs w/Lacey and Allison Wonderland vs. Human Tornado[/B] Human Tornado wasted no time in this one as he came right out of the blocks with most of his signature offence including the enziguri and the house party low blow in the corner but when he went for a Pimp slap, Jacobs ducked and landed a dropkick to the knee before locking on a Guillotine Choke known as the End Time for the tap out. [B]Winner – Jimmy Jacobs in 5:55 Match Three Special Challenge Non-Title match FIP World Heavyweight Champion Roderick Strong vs. El Generico[/B] This was the best match of the night so far as in form El Generico took advantage in much of the early going of Roderick being pre-occupied with his upcoming match against tag partner Kevin Steen and almost stole the victory early with his patented corner Yakuza kick followed by a half and half suplex for a long two count. Roderick eventually began getting in offence after Generico missed a big tope to the outside resulting in his back smacking hard against the guard rail. Strong was like a dog with a bone after this and worked methodically on the back with various patented backbreakers as well as a few well times pushes into the ring post. Once Generico was weakened enough Strong slapped on the Strong Hold elevated crab variation as Generico tapped out due to the severe pain to his already weakened back. [B]Winner – Roderick Strong in 16:33[/B] [I]After the match was over Strong would still not release the hold on Generico despite the protests of referees, he kept saying that Steen and Generico should never mess with the No Remorse Corps. and that he was going to see it personally they are both crippled. Eventually Kevin Steen has enough and ran out to save Generico but as he neared the ring Strong released the hold and high tailed it out of the ring and to the back through the crowd leaving a frustrated Steen to mouth Sunday at him whilst tending to his fallen friend.[/I] [B]Match Four Special Tag Team Attraction Austin Aries & Bryan Danielson vs. Jigsaw & Ruckus w/Julius Smokes [/B] The first thing to notice here was the new attire of Jigsaw seemingly to go along with his lack of mask these days as he was in an attire very similar to tag team partner Ruckus only in red and black to Ruckus' white and black. In the match itself Jigsaw was quite a lot more aggressive than his normal self as both he and Ruckus wanted to get the much needed win owed to the Vulture Squad but it was always going to be difficult against a team dubbed “dream team” by many. Aries and Danielson were very much on the same page and in the end got the win thanks to Aries taking out Ruckus on the outside whilst inside the ring Danielson locked the arms and legs of Jigsaw whilst pounding his face in with multiple shots using the point of his elbow until Todd Sinclair had seen enough and called for the bell. [B]Winners – Austin Aries and Bryan Danielson in 10:48[/B] [I]After the match Aries and Danielson both applauded the effort of both young Vulture Squad members as the two teams shared a handshake. Ruckus and Jigsaw then left as Jimmy Jacobs' voice could be heard on the PA system as he was stood at the top of the ramp with a microphone once again talking about how Aries should join them rather than be with Tammy and seemingly now Bryan Danielson. Danielson looked on as Aries debated before announcing on the microphone that he is looking forward to kicking the ass of Necro Butcher at the PPV and finding out what the Age of the Fall is all about as after the last event he knows what Tammy is all about and it's all good.[/I] [B]Match Five Special Challenge Match ROH World Tag Team Champion Davey Richards vs. Kevin Steen [/B] Steen was fired up for this one against one half of the current tag team champions especially after what Strong had done on behalf of the NRC to El Generico earlier in the night. Davey kept trying to get offence in but it was not until about six minutes into the match or so that he even managed to get near hurting Steen in any way but after that the match was an even back and forth affair with some near falls on a Steen Moonsault as well as a Davey Richards brainbuster and shooting star press. As the crowd were wondering what it would take to put either of these men away Steen suddenly pulled a brutal Steenalizer into the corner turnbuckle on Richards and the champion was out for the count for the big win for Steen. [B]Winner – Kevin Steen in 13:55[/B] [I]It was now time for intermission as a special attraction match between Shane Hagadorn and Pelle Primeau took place for those who didn't leave their seats with Pelle winning with a roll up in about four minutes. As we came back from intermission we were greeted by the vision of Sweet and Sour Inc. being represented by Larry Sweeney, Bobby Dempsey, Tank Toland and Sara Del Rey. Sweeney then called out his guest Rebecca Bayless as she entered the ring to some generic music and sat down on a chair in the centre of the ring. Sweeney sarcastically apologised to all the women in the audience for what happened to Allison Danger recently on this show before starting to talk about Bayless and all the rumours that have surrounded her about being a ring rat and such. Sweeney then talks about how Bobby Dempsey doesn't have much luck with the ladies and he hopes that Rebecca will change that before proceeding to offer Rebecca money to give sexual favours to Bobby as she flat out refuses. Sweeney offers more and more money until Bayless loses her cool and slap his face only for Sara Del Rey to lay her out with a stiff boot to the face knocking her off the chair. Del Rey then proceeds to land a sick DDT spiking Becky right on her head. Sweeney then gets Dempsey and is about to put him on top of the fallen Bayless in the same way he did against Danger but out from the back comes Allison Danger to try and run them off, Danger gets the upper hand and throws Dempsey and Del Rey from the ring but turns into a big boot followed by a big powerslam from big Tank Toland as Sweet and Sour Inc. high tails it to the back feeling somewhat accomplished with Bayless and Danger requiring medical attention.[/I] [B]Match Six Qualifying Match For 3/16 Four Corner Survival Go Shiosaki vs. Brent Albright[/B] This match was certainly a hard hitting affair as both Albright and Shiosaki gave their all to try and get in to the number one contenders four way but alas only one of them could. The match was the stiffest of the night by far and had a great end sequence with both men throwing everything they could at one another until Albright managed to lock on the Crowbar submission hold as Shiosaki struggled for a while until eventually tapping out to the devastating hold. [B]Winner – Brent Albright in 19:21 Match Seven Qualifying Match For 3/16 Four Corner Survival Delirious vs. The Necro Butcher w/Lacey[/B] With Albright now into the four corner survival on the pay per view one of these two men had the chance to join him and put on a great match despite the mismatch of styles between the two with Delirious pulling out much of his comedy shtick and Necro mainly just wailing away with rights and lefts pummelling the smaller Delirious into oblivion. Despite numerous attempts at interference from the devious Lacey on the outside of the ring Delirious somehow managed to withstand an onslaught from Necro and pick up the win with not one but two Shadows Over Hell splashes to the back of the tough Texan to advance. [B]Winner – Delirious in 13:57 Match Eight Non-Title Four Corner Survival ROH World Champion Nigel McGuinness vs. Claudio Castagnoli vs. Erick Stevens vs. BJ Whitmer[/B] A fantastic non-title showcase match here as the champion was a clear target of all three men from the start and heel/face dynamics were thrown out of the window in favour of the “lets destroy Nigel show”. With the match only being a one fall match the three way partnership to destroy Nigel did not last long and before too long the match had descended into chaos with fighting both inside and outside of the ring as Mike Coughlin was having trouble keeping up with the action at times. In the end however there could only be one winner and as Claudio Castagnoli hit the Ricola Bomb on Whitmer he was then laid out with a huge Jawbreaker Lariat from Nigel who in turn spun right around into a devastating Sarasota Screwdriver from Erick Stevens before being pinned for the huge upset. [B]Winner - Erick Stevens in 19:48[/B] [I]After the match Stevens said he had pinned the World champion and thus gained a title shot and since Nigel did not have an opponent for the PPV he was cashing it in right there and then as the crowd popped big for the former FIP champion.[/I] [B]Main Event Tag Team Grudge Match Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. Joey Matthews & Tyler Black with Lacey and Allison Wonderland[/B] This match was an intense one from the very start as both teams showed an intense hatred of one another and just brawled all around the ringside area but the action was very short lived as out from the crowd came Necro Butcher and Jimmy Jacobs as a four way beat down ensued and the referee called for the bell on a DQ finish. [B]Winners – The Briscoe Brothers in 9:47 via Disqualification[/B] [I]The Age of the Fall continued to beat on Jay and Mark until out from the back ran Delirious and Bryan Danielson each with a chair in hand fending off the Age of the Fall before Danielson challenged them to a non sanctioned street fight right now here in Dover and we had an impromptu main event.[/I] [B]Main Event Non Sanctioned Street Fight Jimmy Jacobs, Tyler Black, Necro Butcher and Joey Matthews w/Lacey and Allison Wonderland vs. Bryan Danielson, Delirious, Jay Briscoe and Mark Briscoe[/B] What a fantastic way to finish off the show as this was just a brutal bloodbath as neither team held back and there was brawling all over the arena and even at one point Necro and Mark Briscoe spilled out into the streets of New Jersey as worried onlookers tried to just get out of the way of the brawl. As the match wore on the advantage was clearly with the Age of the Fall as both Briscoes had been losing blood heavily since the conclusion of the previous match and were starting to wane leaving Danielson and Delirious at a disadvantage and when Danielson and Tyler Black were fighting on the outside and both Briscoes were laid out in a bloody mess it left Delirious to fall victim to a Contra Code from Jacobs onto an upright chair held in place by Necro before being pinned for the 3 count. [B]Winners – The Age of the Fall in 26:54[/B] [I]After the match was over the show came to a close with Delirious being destroyed still in the middle of the ring as Danielson, Jay and Mark were all laid out on the outside and Jimmy Jacobs gave a speech about how the Age of the Fall were reigning supreme but this was just the start of it. To end the show in a special taped for DVD segment we were informed that Delirious had suffered a minor concussion at the hands of the Age of the Fall and would not be at tomorrow nights show but would still be at the PPV on Sunday. The line-up has changed slightly for tomorrow night as Roderick Strong will defend the FIP title against a returning Mike Quackenbush and Jimmy Jacobs will be in tag team action alongside Joey Matthews.[/I]

• 3 weeks later...
[b]Ring of Honor Presents: Over in Dover Night 2 Saturday Week 2 March 2008 Baker Theatre, Dover, New Jersey[/b] [i]A special DVD segment in which Sweet and Sour Inc. talk about what happened to Allison Danger and Rebecca Bayless takes place with Sweeney also outlining that Mickey Rourke may well be a big movie star but it is Sweeney who calls all the shots on his talk show and Rourke will find that out later.[/i] [b]Match One Necro Butcher w/Lacey and Allison Wonderland vs. Matt Cross[/b] The early stages of this opener saw Cross try everything he could do take out the big man early but it was all in vain as Cross fell to the Asiatic Spike and in all honestly is looking lost and out of place since the end of the whole resilience angle. [b]Winner – Necro Butcher in 8:33[/b] [b]Match Two Special Attraction Tag Team Match Human Tornado and El Generico vs. Jigsaw and Ruckus w/Julius Smokes [/b] This was a great match that incorporated various different Luchadore style techniques between the two teams and Tornado and Generico drew from their experience teaming together in Pro Wrestling Guerilla but ultimately this match was to put over the change in attitude of Jigsaw and the whole new win mentality of the Vulture Squad and after taking Aries and Danielson to their limit last night they managed to finally pick up their long awaited win in this one as Ruckus got the pinfall over Tornado thanks to the Hate Crime modified Falcon Arrow. [b]Winners – Jigsaw and Ruckus in 7:58[/b] [i]After the match Jack Evans made a surprise return and came out of the crowd before giving a speech about how he was worried from the results the Vulture Squad were getting so he placed a phone call to Smokes and now he has noted a huge improvement in the Vulture Squad and he has high hopes for the match at Dragon Gate Challenge II where himself and Ruckus will team with Bryan Danielson against Davey Richards, Rocky Romero and Nigel McGuinness. He then announces a special match signed for the following night in Florida as all three members of the Vulture Squad will take on all three members of No Remorse Corps in a special six man tag match as he can officially announces on behalf of Ring of Honor that the April show in Boston will be the Ring of Honor Trios Tournament 2008 and will see the winners as usual getting a title shot each of their choice. Evans closes by saying that now is the time for the Vulture Squad to stand up and be counted and to go on and dominate Ring of Honor before all the members leave.[/i] [b]Match Three Qualifying Match For 3/16 Four Corner Survival Tyler Black w/Lacey and Allison Wonderland vs. Erick Stevens [/b] With Delirious and Brent Albright qualifying for the four corner survival at the PPV the night before these men knew two of the opponents they would be facing in the match if they won this one. It could be argued that maybe Erick Stevens had his eye on the fact he had challenged Nigel for the PPV were he not to win this match due to the pinfall over the ROH World Champion last night. Tyler Black was certainly the hungrier of the two and the hunger and desire paid off when thanks to a distraction momentarily from Lacey to take Stevens off his game plan, Black was able to get a sneaky roll up for the win. [b]Winner – Tyler Black in 12:14[/b] [b]Match Four Qualifying Match For 3/16 Four Corner Survival Claudio Castagnoli vs. Davey Richards [/b] This match was a great match with both men bringing such different wrestling styles to the table and Claudio working a more lucha style than even he normally does to take Richards off his game plan. Richards on the other hand was just bringing the stiffness left right and centre and really rocking Claudio with some of his blows. Claudio at one point seemed to be knocked legit groggy from a roundhouse kick to the temple but regained his bearing and took the upper hand in the match once again and picked up the win to advance to the four corner survival thanks to the Ricola Bomb. [b]Winner – Claudio Castagnoli in 11:09[/b] [i]It was now time for the special edition of the Larry Sweeney show but Sweeney informs everyone that Mickey Rourke was too much of a ***** to show up for the interview so instead he was laying out an open challenge as Tank Toland did not have a match signed for tonight so whoever did not have a match and was man enough should step up to the plate. Kevin Steen came out from the entrance area accompanied by Mickey Rourke and Rourke announced to the crowd that the simple fact was Sweeney could not afford to pay him and now for Sweeney's lies he will be taught a lesson. Rourke proposes Steen against Toland with he and Sweeney as corner men. He then announces that the match will be taped for inclusion in “The Wrestler”.[/i] [b]Match Five Kevin Steen w/Mickey Rourke vs. Tank Toland w/Larry Sweeney[/b] This was a short match and was spoilt by the fact it kept being stopped for various bits of “re-shoot” to get it right for the film. Obviously with his big match tomorrow Steen went over with the Package Piledriver and there was a big pop for Rourke giving a scoop slam to Sweeney. [b]Winner – Kevin Steen in 5:04[/b] [i]It was then time for intermission as stars of the movie signed autographs and the usual merchandise was sold.[/i] [b]Match Six Special Attraction NOAH Match KENTA vs. Naomichi Marufuji [/b] This match was everything you would expect from the two men as they put on a real showcase for the fans and really showed some top quality wrestling with their styles meshing together beautifully. Lots of great exchanges between the two men as well as a typical NOAH style fighting spirit ending with big moves and head-drops galore as both men pulled out all the stops for the win. In the end it was the former GHC Heavyweight Champion Marufuji that picked up the win thanks to wriggling out of the Go 2 Sleep and landing the Pole Shift Fisherman Buster variation for the win. [b]Winner – Naomichi Marufuji in 15:42[/b] [i]After the match was over we were informed by Bobby Cruise that for the Trios Tournament in April there will be a Team NOAH taking part which will include both of those men as well as one as of yet unknown third person.[/i] [b]Match Seven Tag Team Challenge Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. Brent Albright & BJ Whitmer [/b] This was a solid tag team contest with both teams going all out to try and put on a good showing and a lot of stiff shots being handed out by both sides. Albright and Whitmer had the clear power advantage and used it a lot when they were seemingly in trouble with big high impact moves such as powerbombs to try and wear out Jay and Mark. This was all in vain however as Whitmer fell victim to a Spike Jay-Driller whilst Albright had taken a nasty spill to the outside following a very impressive version of the springboard doomsday device. [b]Winners – Jay and Mark Briscoe in 14:34 Match Eight FIP World Heavyweight Title Roderick Strong defends against Mike Quackenbush[/b] A huge reception for Quack's return to Ring of Honor here and he soaked up the adulation from the fans as he controlled the early going by baffling Strong with various different lucha techniques. Strong however started wising up to the tactic of Quackenbush and just started working on the known problems he has had in the past regarding his back with various different backbreaker variations including a particularly sick version of the powerbomb onto the knee. After all of the working on the back Strong hoisted up Quackenbush into a modified torture rack which looked particularly impressive and gained the win for the champion to retain his title. [b]Winner and still FIP World Heavyweight Champion – Roderick Strong in 9:37[/b] [i]Next up Jimmy Jacobs led out the Age of the Fall and issued an open challenge for anyone to come and face himself and Joey Matthews in the ring which lead to the unlikely duo of Hallowicked and Pelle Primeau making their way to the ring.[/i] [b]Match Nine Jimmy Jacobs and Joey Matthews w/Lacey and Allison Wonderland vs. Hallowicked and Pelle Primeau[/b] This was a squash match to say the least as Jacobs and Matthews dominated the offence throughout the whole match before Jacobs forced the tap out from Pelle thanks to the End Time. [b]Winners – Jimmy Jacobs and Joey Matthews in 5:52[/b] [i]After the match was over Jacobs said that he wanted to prove the dominance of the Age of the Fall tomorrow against two well renowned stars. Jacobs laid out the challenge for himself and the newest member of the Age of the Fall to take on KENTA and Marufuji in a tag team contest.[/i] [b]Main Event Bryan Danielson & Austin Aries vs. Nigel McGuinness & Go Shiosaki [/b] This was a great way to round out the two Dover shows and had a very interesting demographic as Nigel showed obvious heat that he has with Aries and Danielson whereas Shiosaki was trying to be more sporting and shook the hands of both opponents before the match as well as being totally clean throughout the match. At times this seemed to anger Nigel and he made no secret of the fact that it did as he went for long spells refusing to tag out to Shiosaki and trying to get things done himself to show he didn't need anyone. As the match wore on Nigel tried to get Shiosaki to convert to his kind of heel tactics but he was not having any of it and angering Nigel even more as Danielson and Aries worked over Shiosaki for long periods of the match until Nigel got involved and we ended up with a ref bump as Todd Sinclair ended up on the ground leaving Nigel the opportunity to land a low blow on Aries before landing the Jawbreaker Lariat as Danielson and Go were fighting on the outside for the three count. [b]Winners – Nigel McGuinness and Go Shiosaki in 30:56[/b] [i]After the match was over Nigel starting berating Shiosaki and telling him he played no part in the win before blind siding him with a lariat to the back of the head and locking in the Thames Barrier submission and wrenching back until he was ran off by Danielson and Aries who helped Shiosaki up and the show ended with all three stood in the ring. Rebecca Bayless then came out and announced the full card for the PPV Taping tomorrow which has now been finalised Taped for PPV ROH World Title Nigel McGuinness defends against Erick Stevens Taped for PPV Special Challenge Match KENTA and Naomichi Marufuji vs. Jimmy Jacobs and ? w/Lacey and Allison Wonderland Taped for PPV Four Corner Survival (Winner Gets World title shot in Detroit) Tyler Black w/Lacey and Allison Wonderland vs. Delirious vs. Claudio Castagnoli vs. Brent Albright Taped for PPV Challenge Match FIP World Heavyweight Champion Roderick Strong vs. Kevin Steen Taped for PPV Grudge Match Austin Aries w/Tammy vs. Necro Butcher w/Lacey and Allison Wonderland Non-PPV Match ROH World Tag Team Champion Davey Richards vs. Go Shiosaki Taped for PPV Winner Gets Tag Team Title Shot in Edison Jigsaw and Ruckus w/Julius Smokes vs. Mark and Jay Briscoe Taped for PPV Daniel Puder w/Larry Sweeney vs. Bryan Danielson Taped for PPV Allison Danger vs. Cheerleader Melissa w/Larry Sweeney Non-PPV Match Human Tornado and Jason Blade vs. Joey Matthews and Zach Gowen w/Lacey and Allison Wonderland Non-PPV Match Matt Cross vs. Vin Gerard Non-PPV Match BJ Whitmer vs. Pelle Primeau In a special segment for the DVD release Dave Prazak mentions that Ring of Honor management is allowing Go Shiosaki to gain revenge on Nigel when Ring of Honor hits Boston for the Trios Tournament.2008. The match will be none title as Nigel is scheduled to defend against Kevin Steen the following night.[/i] [b]Match Ratings[/b] [i] Necro Butcher vs. Matt Cross B+ Human Tornado and El Generico vs. Jigsaw and Ruckus D+ Tyler Black vs. Erick Stevens C Claudio Castagnoli vs. Davey Richards B- Kevin Steen vs. Tank Toland B- KENTA vs. Naomichi Marufuji B Jay and Mark Briscoe vs. BJ Whitmer and Brent Albright C Roderick Strong vs. Mike Quackenbush B Jimmy Jacobs and Joey Matthews vs. Pelle Primeau and Hallowicked C Bryan Danielson and Austin Aries vs. Nigel McGuinness and Go Shiosaki B[/i]

• 2 weeks later...
[B]Ring of Honor Presents – Unmatched (PPV Taping) Sunday Week 2 March 2008 Pennsylvania National Guard Armory, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania[/B] [I]In a special promo taped for the DVD and Pay Per View show Nigel McGuinness talks about how tonight he is going to put Erick Stevens in his place and concentrate on Austin Aries at Supercard of Honor III, going so far as to say that Stevens would be a pushover. The camera then cut to Larry Sweeney walking into Nigel’s locker-room before immediately Sweeney ushered the camera out of there and closed the door. [/I] [B]Match One Matt Cross vs. Vin Gerard[/B] This was a solid opener but really shows how much potential Cross had and then lost with the whole Resilience flop. Cross picked up the win with a Shooting Star Press with Gerard getting very little offence in. [B]Winner – Matt Cross in 5:17 Match Two BJ Whitmer vs. Pelle Primeau[/B] Another squash match just like the previous one although Pelle did get a few small shots in as well as a couple of rollups with the crowd thinking maybe an upset was on the cards until Whitmer destroyed Pelle with a Wrist Clutch Exploder dropping him right on his neck. [B]Winner – BJ Whitmer in 4:58 Match Three Human Tornado and Jason Blade vs. Joey Matthews and Zach Gowen w/Lacey and Allison Wonderland[/B] A solid little tag team match but some might say quite a waste of a bigger name like Joey Matthews but that aside this was a fun and entertaining match with Tornado providing much comedy relief as well as challenging the one legged Gowen to a dance off. In the end however Jason Blade was the weak link for his team falling victim to the Virginia Necktie from Matthews. [B]Winners – Joey Matthews and Zach Gowen in 6:45[/B] [I]After the match Lacey told the fans that the Age of the Fall was ever growing and tonight a new member will be revealed that will blow peoples minds right here in the PPV. Before the next match out came Larry Sweeney along with Cheerleader Melissa, Sara Del Rey, Tank Toland and Bobby Dempsey. He announced that now is the match between Melissa and Allison Danger and if Danger wins he will keep his promise of granting her a shot at Sara Del Rey’s SHIMMER title although when he says not when Danger does. [/I] [B]Match Four Taped for PPV Allison Danger vs. Cheerleader Melissa w/Larry Sweeney, Sara Del Rey, Tank Toland and Bobby Dempsey[/B] The first match taped for the PPV tonight and what a great little women’s match it was a very even contest throughout and to her credit Allison Danger was not distracted by the large Sweet and Sour Inc. presence at ringside and just got on with the job of trying to defeat Melissa. This was a tough job in itself as everything Danger was throwing at Melissa she just was not staying down and coming back with offence of her own, however in the end Melissa went for the Kudoh Driver but Danger somehow spun it and reversed it into a backslide for the huge victory. [B]Winner – Allison Danger in 9:16[/B] [I]After the conclusion of the match an angry Melissa jumped Danger and landed the Kudoh Driver dropping Danger on her head with a sickening thud before taking a handful of cash from Sweeney and leaving up the ramp. Sweeney then sarcastically congratulated the laid out Danger before announcing that he has chosen the time and place for her title shot, right here and right now. Sweeney asks for the bell to be rung as Del Rey gets into the ring. [/I] [B]Match Five Taped for PPV SHIMMER World Title Sara Del Rey w/Larry Sweeney, Tank Toland and Bobby Dempsey defends against Allison Danger[/B] With Danger down on the ground this looked pretty academic as Del Rey picked her up ready to execute her Butterfly Suplex variation only for Danger to somehow sneak in a small package for a very long two count as the fans thought they were seeing a title change. Del Rey then tried to lay Danger out with a couple clotheslines and a big boot attempt but each time she was escaping and landing some offence of her own before dropkicking the knee away of Del Rey and going for the Shimmering Warlock only for Del Rey to duck and drop and elbow on her before lifting Danger to her feet and delivering a huge powerbomb dropping her right on her head to retain the title. [B]Winner and still SHIMMER World Champion – Sara Del Rey in 5:39[/B] [I]Sweeney tells a fallen Danger that she has had her chance at the title and failed and that she will have to try and earn another shot before spitting on the fallen Danger and throwing her out of the ring before sending Sweet and Sour Inc. to the back and bringing out Daniel Puder. Sweeney announces that Bryan Danielson likes to call himself the best wrestler in the world but Daniel Puder is the best “fighter” in the world and will show American Dragon how its done right now. [/I] [B]Match Six Taped for PPV Daniel Puder w/Larry Sweeney vs. Bryan Danielson[/B] This match was not as long as many would have predicted and was a very hard hitting match with Danielson changing somewhat from his usual game plan to adapt to Puder’s style. Puder tried really hard to wear Danielson down but the former ROH World Champion was having none of it and picked up the win when he locked a Triangle Choke on a downed Puder and rained in with elbows to the face until the referee called for the bell. [B]Winner – Bryan Danielson in 8:31[/B] [I]After the match Sweeney questioned the heart and desire of Puder and told him that he just was not fitting in with Sweet and Sour Inc. and Sweeney has decided to recruit more worthy people and so Puder is fired. [/I] [B]Match Seven Winner Gets Tag Team Title Shot in Edison Jigsaw and Ruckus w/Julius Smokes and Jack Evans vs. Mark and Jay Briscoe[/B] This was a fantastic match with both teams showing how much they want to earn their title shot for the Edison show. The Briscoes were on top form as per usual and Vulture Squad seemed to have an extra spring in their step with the returning Jack Evans encouraging them from the sidelines. The teams pulled off many crazy death defying moves as the match for a lot of the time took on a very aerial high risk nature as would be expected with Mark delivering an amazing shooting star press to Ruckus who was laid on the corner of the guard rail by Jay. Despite this there was a shock on the card for the two brothers as Jay fell victim to the Hate Crime from Ruckus which left Mark vulnerable for a double stomp/Jig and Tonic combination to give the big win and the title shot to Ruckus and Jigsaw. [B]Winners – Ruckus and Jigsaw in 13:53[/B] [I]It was then time for intermission, during which Larry Sweeney came out to the merchandise table and got into a small confrontation with Allison Danger who was selling some merchandise with an ice pack on her neck. [/I] [B]Match Eight Non-PPV Match ROH World Tag Team Champion Davey Richards vs. Go Shiosaki[/B] This was a hard hitting match and it could be argued that it should have been a part of the PPV taping rather than a non-PPV match even on an already hugely stacked show. Both men are very strike orientated and this match took on something of a NOAH feel to it with various exchanges of chops and Richards laying in some high kicks to Shiosaki. The current tag team champion was in great form tonight and picked up the massive win when he was seemingly at his lowest as Go was in complete control and went for a Moonsault from the top only for Richards to move before delivering a very stiff kick to the head of the NOAH star and then landing the DR Driver. [B]Winner – Davey Richards in 12:04 Match Nine Taped for PPV Grudge Match Austin Aries w/Tammy vs. Necro Butcher w/Lacey and Allison Wonderland[/B] With the relaxed rules in this one it was a brutal affair with Aries being accompanied by Tammy to show the solidarity between the two much to the chagrin of Lacey and Allison Wonderland. Both Necro and Aries held nothing back here with Necro bleeding very heavily from the midpoint of the match thanks to a brutal spike DDT on a chair from Aries. Up until that point Necro had rather dominated the match and Aries was struggling to find ways to keep him down but once Necro started to bleed Aries saw his opportunity and landed a massive Brainbuster in the centre of the ring but before he could cover Lacey got into the ring and seductively started beckoning Aries to the corner, distracting him long enough for Necro to have enough time to recover but not for too long as Tammy laid out Allison on the outside and then there was a catfight between Tammy and Lacey in the centre of the ring as Aries turned around and ducked a big boot from Necro before grabbing a nearby chair and caning it across the skull of Necro then landing another Brainbuster this time on the chair for the big victory. [B]Winner – Austin Aries in 16:08 Match Ten Taped for PPV Challenge Match FIP World Heavyweight Champion Roderick Strong vs. Kevin Steen[/B] Neither man held anything back in this one as both gave their all in front of the very appreciative Philadelphia audience. After the way that Strong took out his anger on Steen’s friend and tag team partner El Generico earlier in the weekend it was Steen who seemed the most fired up but once Steen started laying on the hard shots Strong came back with some of his own. This may not have been for the FIP World Title but Strong still wanted to show he was the better wrestler of the two and tried everything to put away Steen but to no avail as Steen kept his excellent recent momentum going and earned himself a future title shot at Strong in addition to his upcoming title shot at Nigel McGuinness thanks to his patented Package Piledriver. [B]Winner – Kevin Steen in 14:11[/B] [I]Steen announced that he would cash in his title shot at Strong for next weekend in FIP. [/I] [B]Match Eleven Taped for PPV Four Corner Survival (Winner Gets World title shot in Detroit) Tyler Black w/Lacey and Allison Wonderland vs. Delirious vs. Claudio Castagnoli vs. Brent Albright[/B] This was a great match with all four men knowing how big of an opportunity this was and wanting to earn the title shot for Detroit. Despite having had a gruelling weekend everyone put on a huge effort to entertain the fans as Tyler Black amazed everyone with a Phoenix Splash to the outside onto Brent Albright taking out both men which almost allowed Claudio to pin Delirious from the Alpamare Waterslide but the masked star managed to roll his shoulder at two. As is often the case in this type of match the ending was a cluster**** as Delirious delivered the Shadows over Hell to Albright before standing right up into a kick in the gut from Tyler Black followed by the God’s Last Gift small package driver variation before Tyler himself then felt a kick followed by the Ricola Bomb for Claudio to take the big win and earn the title shot. [B]Winner – Claudio Castagnoli in 14:46[/B] [I]Claudio celebrated his title shot and spoke into the camera warning Nigel he was coming for the belt in Detroit. After Claudio had left Tyler Black, Lacey and Allison Wonderland stayed down and were soon joined by Zach Gowen, Joey Matthews and Jimmy Jacobs to have the whole age of the fall in the ring. Jacobs got on the microphone and talked about how the group is about people overcoming their own personal demons as well as those that society throws at them and the newest member of the group knows all about personal demons. He has been to the big time in both the WWE and WCW as well as appearing in TNA at one point but this success has resulted in him becoming a shell of his former self regularly checking into rehab for a serious drug problem as well as various other personal problems. Jimmy goes on to say that this man came to him and asked to join the cause of the Age of the Fall as he felt it would help him banish his personal demons as well as help in the fight against the injustices of society. So without further cause for hesitation Jacobs announces that the newest member of the group who will team against KENTA and Marufuji with him is the former X-Pac, the former Syxx-Pac, the one and only SEAN WALTMAN. [/I] [B]Match Twelve Taped for PPV Special Challenge Match KENTA and Naomichi Marufuji vs. Jimmy Jacobs and Sean Waltman w/Zach Gowen, Joey Matthews, Tyler Black, Lacey and Allison Wonderland[/B] With the whole Age of the Fall on the outside the men from NOAH had to feel quite nervous as to whether they were in for a big beating but to the credit of Jacobs and Waltman they kept the match as a fair fight. Waltman was very impressive and seems to have put previous problems behind him as he busted out a lot of impressive moves as well as moves that he has never done before to wow the crowd here who were eating the whole thing up. KENTA and Marufuji had their fair share of offence in and looked like the favourites to take the contest but the Age of the Fall had the massive momentum of the Waltman unveiling on their side and managed to pick up the huge win when Waltman took out KENTA with an X-Factor leaving Marufuji open to the End Time from Jacobs forcing the tap out. [B]Winners – Jimmy Jacobs and Sean Waltman in 16:01 Main Event Taped for PPV ROH World Title Nigel McGuinness defends against Erick Stevens[/B] The crowd could be forgiven if they were burnt out from the huge night of events they had already seen but this match was good enough to keep them still on the edge of their seats as Stevens just took it to Nigel throughout the early stages wearing him down with various stiff shots and leaving the champion being forced to try and take a break on the outside of the ring. Nigel swung the match into his favour however when he gave a charging Stevens a drop toe hold into the guard rail busting open his mouth, possibly taking out a couple of teeth in the process. Nigel then continued the onslaught for a while on the outside including a sick DDT on the ramp way. Despite this Stevens almost took the surprise win when he started fighting back on pure adrenaline alone but Nigel slipped out the back on an attempted Sarasota Screwdriver and bounced off the ropes with a sick Jawbreaker Lariat to Stevens as he turned around for the win to retain the title. [B]Winner and still ROH World Champion – Nigel McGuinness in 15:31[/B] [I]As Nigel is celebrating in the ring Final Countdown hits and out to the ramp comes former champion Bryan Danielson as Danielson challenges Nigel to a match to settle their feud once and for all when Ring of Honor debuts in the Hammerstein Ballroom whether Nigel still holds the title or not. In a special segment taped for the end of the PPV Larry Sweeney is seen walking into a locker room marked “No Remorse Corps”. The camera then cuts around the corner to Age of the Fall celebrating as Jacobs gives one last plea to Austin Aries, claiming that the Florida shows he needs to decide once and for all whether he will see the light and join them or whether he will stay with that glorified prostitute Tammy. [/I] [B]Match Ratings[/B] [I] Matt Cross vs. Vin Gerard B- BJ Whitmer vs. Pelle Primeau D+ Matthews/Gowen vs. Tornado/Blade D+ Allison Danger vs. Cheerleader Melissa C+ Sara Del Rey vs. Allison Danger C- Bryan Danielson vs. Daniel Puder B- Vulture Squad vs. Briscoe Brothers C- Davey Richards vs. Go Shiosaki B- Austin Aries vs. Necro Butcher C Kevin Steen vs. Roderick Strong B Four Corner Survival B AOTF vs. Team NOAH C Nigel McGuinness vs. Erick Stevens B[/I]-

[quote][b]DOIWrestling.com News and Notes from ROH after weekend shows[/b] ROH may well run Dover again in the future after a solid turnout from the fans; however Edison is still held in very high regard as far as New Jersey shows go. The decision for Larry Sweeney to fire Daniel Puder was due to the former WWE star trying to ask Cary for more money and thus he was let go. The current idea floating around is for Sweet and Sour Inc. to become less of a comedy group and more of a threat in the company. Gabe has wanted to bring in Sean Waltman for a long time after working well with him in FIP in the past and saw the Age of the Fall as the ideal fit for the former X-Pac. Waltman was said to be very humble and got on with many of the locker room. The Vulture Squad were very impressive and management is very high on them at the moment. Another favourite of the management is Erick Stevens as evidenced by him main eventing the Pay per View taping in a World Title match. Look for Stevens to get even more opportunities in the future in high profile matches. The decision for Kevin Steen choose a title shot at Roderick Strong for an FIP show was to make sure when he does not take that title he is not losing momentum within Ring of Honor before his big ROH World title match in Edison. Many people are said to have been very impressed with Davey Richards’ match with Go Shiosaki with many going so far as to call it the match of the weekend. Interesting that the match of the weekend took place on the night of the PPV taping but was not one of those chosen beforehand to be on the PPV, look out for this one on the DVD release of the show. With the ever increasing competition for places in Ring of Honor there are bound to be people not being used any longer, in addition to the very public Daniel Puder incident Jason Blade was told he will no longer be on ROH shows for the time being, the same goes for Matt Cross. Very interesting that ROH once had huge hopes for Cross but somehow he was reduced to opening the show against Vin Gerard (Who incidentally management seem quite fond of after recommendation from trainer Mike Quackenbush). The current plan is to have Sweeney continue feuding with Allison Danger, we at the DOI are unsure at this point as to where this will lead, it is just a case of watch this space. Although not yet officially announced, there will be a show the night before the Hammerstein debut in the Grand Ballroom of the same building, incidentally the show will be show number 187 in the history of the company and will be held in New York, take from that what you will. ROH has international plans for later in the year with returns on the cards for Japan and the United Kingdom as well as an as of yet unknown third country. [/quote] ...

[quote][b]Ring of Honor Newswire for Week 3 March 2008[/b] What a weekend we just had as we presented two shows in Dover and then our huge Pay per View taping “Unmatched” in Philadelphia. Ring of Honor would like to thank all the fans that showed up and made these shows as special as they were. Repercussions galore coming out of the shows with Larry Sweeney being the first on the agenda for this week as he publicly fired Daniel Puder as well as began a serious recruitment process approaching we hear both Nigel McGuinness and the No Remorse Corps. These meetings took place being closed doors and thus we cannot give any more details on either of the issues. Moving on to the Age of the Fall, they promised something big and boy did they deliver, as you will see in our PPV preview Video Wire out this week on ROHVideos.com they recruited none other than Sean Waltman to their cause and Waltman teamed to success with leader Jimmy Jacobs against KENTA and Naomichi Marufuji which is a big win for the two teams. Waltman will be in singles action at Dragon Gate Challenge as he goes one on one in a special challenge match with Jigsaw of the Vulture Squad in what promises to be an interesting match between the two men. Waltman managed to pick up a victory win teaming with Jacobs but can he pull out a win on his singles ROH debut. One man who is certainly building the momentum is Kevin Steen as he scored big victories over Davey Richards, Tank Toland and Roderick Strong leaving him with a fantastic future ahead of him as he now has earned shots at the FIP World Title and ROH Tag Team Titles as well as the shot he already has at Nigel McGuinness’ ROH World Title. Steen promised he would win gold in 2008 and he certainly seems on the gold trail right now in the company. Wasting no time he has challenged Roderick Strong for an FIP title shot this weekend down in FIP and challenged the No Remorse Corps for himself and El Generico to take them on for the tag team titles when Ring of Honor hits Chicago. By the time Chicago rolls around Steen could be going into the match for the tag team titles in a position to end up holding all three Ring of Honor titles at once, a feat never before achieved by anyone in the company. Two big grudge matches have been added to Supercard of Honor III as Mark and Jay Briscoe will go up against Tyler Black and Sean Waltman representing the Age of the Fall and also Age of the Fall leader Jimmy Jacobs will go up against Delirious in singles action. Both of these matches give a chance for retribution against Age of the Fall and Delirious and both Briscoe Brothers would love to gain just that. The Vulture Squad of Ruckus and Jigsaw picked up the huge win at Unmatched against Jay and Mark Briscoe to earn themselves a tag team title shot in Edison against Davey Richards and Rocky Romero. The two will also team with fellow stable member Jack Evans at Supercard of Honor III to take on all three No Remorse Corps. members in a special preview to the upcoming Tag Wars 2008 Trios Tournament in Boston. The winners of the Trios Tournament that night will each get to choose a match of their choice and already pencilled in are Five of the Eight Trios teams for that night as we will see the Vulture Squad represented by Evans, Ruckus and Jigsaw, the NRC represented by Roderick, Davey and Rocky, the Age of the Fall represented by Jacobs, Tyler and Necro, a special NOAH team made up of KENTA, Marufuji and a returning Morishima and also a special team of Jay and Mark Briscoe and Erick Stevens. Much more on that tournament in the coming weeks. Finally for this week we can announce the four special matches that will take place for the one time only one week four ROH shows tour of DDT star from Japan Kota Ibushi. We racked our brains trying to think of appropriate matches that fit well to showcase the young lion’s skills and feel we have chosen wisely as the following is the list of matches. Boston: Singles match versus El Generico Edison: Teaming with KENTA against Naomichi Marufuji and Claudio Castagnoli Detroit: Singles Match Versus Austin Aries Chicago: Singles Match Versus Tyler Black That’s it for this week, we will have more news concerning upcoming shows next week right here in the ROH Newswire. [/quote] ...

[quote][b]Ring of Honor Newswire for Week 4 March 2008[/b] We are only a mere few days away from the big Orlando Wrestlemania weekend double shot and the already stacked cards just got even better. First up is the news from this weekends FIP event as Kevin Steen was unable to take his shot at Roderick Strong’s FIP title thanks to a backstage attack from the Necro Butcher of the Age of the Fall making a surprise appearance. The following night the two men had a heated match that took them all over the arena both inside and out and was eventually thrown out as there was no control over it whatsoever. Kevin Steen immediately demanded a match as soon as possible with Necro so when we hit Detroit at the end of April it will be a no holds barred encounter between Steen and Necro with the World title on the line if Kevin Steen is champion at that time. In massive news for the weekends shows Larry Sweeney has announced that Chris Hero will return to ROH rings sooner than expected and has a couple of great matches lined up. On the first night at Dragon Gate Challenge II Hero will be in a special challenge match against Pro Wrestling NOAH superstar Go Shiosaki before the next night going on to face Erick Stevens, Bryan Danielson and Joey Matthews in a special four way match which could elevate his status greatly if he managed to win it although it will be tough and any of the men could walk away with the win. This weekend will be a big weekend for Austin Aries as he represents Ring of Honor against Dragon Gate star Genki Horiguchi before then going on to have a rematch from the Rising Above PPV against World Champion Nigel McGuinness. He also has to contend with the ongoing power struggle for his services between Tammy Sytch and the Age of the Fall, although Larry Sweeney has promised us at least one big signing to the new look Sweet and Sour Inc, could this be a viable destination for Aries? If he fails to win the title will he try and seek the services of someone to help him have a chance of the coveted second reign? These questions will be answered in Florida at this huge weekend of shows. A big match seemingly overlooked by many that will take place at Supercard of Honor III is a grudge match as Delirious gets a chance to get his hands on leader of the group Jimmy Jacobs, read more on this in a special article up now on the ROH main website. A huge match has been signed on for Dragon Gate Challenge II to round out the card which will see Dragon Gate Star CIMA teaming with rising ROH star Erick Stevens to take on Adam Pearce and Brent Albright of the Hangman’s 3. Whilst Supercard of Honor III has been rounded out with Albright going one on one in a special challenge match with Go Shiosaki. So with the ROH staff all set to move on down to Florida for these epic shows there are many questions to be answered including just who Larry Sweeney will have in his stable by the end of the weekend and what repercussions it will have on the other members of the ROH roster. Hope to see everyone there with still a limited number of tickets available for this epic set of shows. All that remains is to give the final cards for both night of amazing action. Friday Week 4 March, Orlando, Florida – Orlando Downtown Recreation Complex [b] “Dragon Gate Challenge II” Special Six Man Tag Action Main Event[/b] ROH World Champion Nigel McGuinness and ROH Tag Team Champions Davey Richards and Rocky Romero vs. Bryan Danielson and Vulture Squad members Jack Evans and Ruckus w/Julius Smokes. [b]ROH vs. Dragon Gate[/b] Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. Dragon Kid & Ryo Saito [b]ROH vs. Dragon Gate[/b] Kevin Steen & El Generico vs. Naruki Doi & Masato Yoshino [b]ROH vs. Dragon Gate[/b] Austin Aries w/Tammy Sytch vs. Genki Horiguchi [b]ROH vs. Dragon Gate[/b] Jimmy Jacobs & Tyler Black w/Lacey and Allison Wonderland vs. BxB Hulk & Shingo [b]Grudge Match[/b] Delirious vs. Joey Matthews w/Lacey and Allison Wonderland CIMA and Erick Stevens vs. Adam Pearce and Brent Albright w/Shane Hagadorn [b]Special Challenge[/b] Chris Hero w/Larry Sweeney vs. Go Shiosaki [b]Special Challenge Match[/b] Sean Waltman w/Lacey and Allison Wonderland vs. Jigsaw w/Julius Smokes Saturday Week 4 March, Orlando, Florida – Orlando Downtown Recreation Complex [b] “Supercard of Honor III” [/b] [b]Dragon Gate Six Man Tag Main Event[/b] CIMA, Dragon Kid & Ryo Saito vs. Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino & Genki Horiguchi [b]ROH World Title Match- Rematch From Rising Above PPV[/b] Nigel McGuinness defends against Austin Aries w/Tammy Sytch [b]ROH vs. Dragon Gate[/b] Kevin Steen & El Generico vs. Shingo & BxB Hulk [b]Grudge Match[/b] Jimmy Jacobs w/Lacey and Allison Wonderland vs. Delirious [b]Four Corner Survival[/b] Bryan Danielson vs. Joey Matthews w/Lacey and Allison Wonderland vs. Chris Hero w/Larry Sweeney vs. Erick Stevens [b]Special Tag Wars 2008 Preview[/b] Jack Evans, Ruckus and Jigsaw w/Julius Smokes vs. FIP World Heavyweight Champion Roderick Strong and ROH World Tag Team Champions Rocky Romero and Davey Richards [b]Special Challenge[/b] Brent Albright vs. Go Shiosaki [b]Grudge Match[/b] Sean Waltman and Tyler Black w/Lacey and Allison Wonderland vs. Jay and Mark Briscoe [b]SHIMMER World Title Match[/b] Sara Del Rey defends against Mercedes Martinez w/Julius Smokes [/quote] ...

Thanks for putting the ratings after the shows, gives some good perspective for how the show went. Why did Matt Cross leave? He was getting your best ratings, which I found to be odd as he was facing jobbers. Imagine what he could have done with main event guys. Friday Week 4 March, Orlando, Florida – Orlando Downtown Recreation Complex “Dragon Gate Challenge II” Special Six Man Tag Action Main Event [B]ROH World Champion Nigel McGuinness and ROH Tag Team Champions Davey Richards and Rocky Romero[/B] vs. Bryan Danielson and Vulture Squad members Jack Evans and Ruckus w/Julius Smokes.-[I]Figured they would have momentum going into SCOH3.[/I] ROH vs. Dragon Gate [B]Jay & Mark Briscoe[/B] vs. Dragon Kid & Ryo Saito-[I]As much as I hate them, I see them going over in this match.[/I] ROH vs. Dragon Gate [B]Kevin Steen & El Generico[/B] vs. Naruki Doi & Masato Yoshino-[I]At the real DGC2 this was MOTN for sure in my opinion. I gonna lean toward hoping this could be a spring board for Kel Steenerico for a title run, or at least a shot.[/I] ROH vs. Dragon Gate [B]Austin Aries[/B] w/Tammy Sytch vs. Genki Horiguchi-[I]With his part in the fights between AOTF and Sunny, I think he could get a win here.[/I] ROH vs. Dragon Gate [B]Jimmy Jacobs & Tyler Black[/B] w/Lacey and Allison Wonderland vs. BxB Hulk & Shingo-[I]I love New Hazard as a team, I feel they should get a win here also as Dragon Gate should not get shut out, but I think AOTF will just keep getting stronger.[/I] Grudge Match Delirious vs. [B]Joey Matthews [/B]w/Lacey and Allison Wonderland-[I]Outside interfearence is key here.[/I] [B]CIMA and Erick Stevens[/B] vs. Adam Pearce and Brent Albright w/Shane Hagadorn-[I]Hangm3n are terrible. I nominate that the burial works from here.[/I] Special Challenge [B]Chris Hero[/B] w/Larry Sweeney vs. Go Shiosaki-[I]Go is bland in my opinion, and Chris needs to get pushed to the moon.[/I] Special Challenge Match [B]Sean Waltman [/B]w/Lacey and Allison Wonderland vs. Jigsaw w/Julius Smokes-[I]A solid singles debut here.[/I] Saturday Week 4 March, Orlando, Florida – Orlando Downtown Recreation Complex “Supercard of Honor III” Dragon Gate Six Man Tag Main Event [B]CIMA, Dragon Kid & Ryo Saito[/B] vs. Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino & Genki Horiguchi-[I]Typhoon is the dominate faction inDragon Gate, and thus should win here.[/I] ROH World Title Match- Rematch From Rising Above PPV [B]Nigel McGuinness[/B] defends against Austin Aries w/Tammy Sytch-[I]I don't think Austin is ready yet for this. Besides, I think the big blowoff match at the Hammerstein should ahve the title involved.[/I] ROH vs. Dragon Gate [B]Kevin Steen & El Generico[/B] vs. Shingo & BxB Hulk-[I]This would be a very nice match. I really think Kel Steenerico could take a win here, and request a shot at the Hammerstein.[/I] Grudge Match [B]Jimmy Jacobs[/B] w/Lacey and Allison Wonderland vs. Delirious-[I]Another AOTF beatdown. I think an idea could be that after several more of these beatings a black and white Delirious will debut with AOTF.[/I] Four Corner Survival [B]Bryan Danielson[/B] vs. Joey Matthews w/Lacey and Allison Wonderland vs. Chris Hero w/Larry Sweeney vs. Erick Stevens-[I]Push for the big blowoff with Nigel.[/I] Special Tag Wars 2008 Preview Jack Evans, Ruckus and Jigsaw w/Julius Smokes vs. [B]FIP World Heavyweight Champion Roderick Strong and ROH World Tag Team Champions Rocky Romero and Davey Richards[/B]-[I]I feel the titles should get a win here.[/I] Special Challenge Brent Albright vs. [B]Go Shiosaki[/B]-[I]I find both boring, but Go is less boring.[/I] Grudge Match [B]Sean Waltman and Tyler Black [/B]w/Lacey and Allison Wonderland vs. Jay and Mark Briscoe-[I]AOTF beatdown.[/I] SHIMMER World Title Match [B]Sara Del Rey[/B] defends against Mercedes Martinez w/Julius Smokes-[I]MM needs to up her insurance for this one.[/I]

[b]Ring of Honor Presents – Dragon Gate Challenge II Friday Week 4 March Orlando Downtown Recreation Complex, Orlando, Florida[/b] [i]The show opens up with Larry Sweeney leading to the ring Sara Del Rey, Bobby Dempsey, Chris Hero and Tank Toland for a special announcement from Sweet and Sour Inc. Sweeney talks about how he wants to have all the power in ROH and all the power means all the gold so he is calling out Nigel McGuinness the current world champion. Nigel comes out to the ring and talks away from the microphone with Sweeney before shaking the hand of the Super Agent. Nigel then tells the fans he hates them and hopes Sweet and Sour Inc. can get him a ticket out of here to the big leagues so he doesn’t have to see all the miserable faces of the people that have turned against him. He added that until then he had no intention of dropping the World title to anyone just to piss off his haters, Sweeney then said this was not all and he was calling to the stage Davey Richards and Rocky Romero the current ROH Tag Team champions as well as current FIP champion Roderick Strong. The NRC come out and Sweeney offers them the same deal he offered to Nigel and Roderick gets a face pop from the crowd when he tells Sweeney he is saying no as he answers to no one but himself and people like Sweeney are what is wrong with wrestling at the moment. As the crowd pops Roderick leaves with a confused Romero and Richards following behind as Sweeney screams out that he will regret it and he will make him pay. [/i] [b]Match One Special Challenge Match Sean Waltman w/Lacey and Allison Wonderland vs. Jigsaw w/Julius Smokes[/b] A solid opener here as both men wanted to get the weekend off on the right note and Waltman looked back to his best matching Jigsaw hold for hold before picking up the big win over the Vulture Squad member with the X-Factor after managing to surprise Jigsaw landing on his feet from the Leap of Faith Super Frankensteiner . [b]Winner – Sean Waltman in 9:46 Match Two Special Challenge Chris Hero w/Larry Sweeney vs. Go Shiosaki[/b] A solid return to the ring for the cornerstone of Sweet and Sour Inc as he put on a fantastic showing in this NOAH style of match with a lot of stiff shots and head drops aplenty. Hero showed his resilience in this match as he took everything that Shiosaki threw at him and then some and still managed to keep coming back for more and in the end managed to pick up the win although in far from clean circumstances. Go was in complete control of the contest but a distraction on the outside from Larry Sweeney had him take his mind off things for just a split second as he ended up falling victim to a field goal low blow from behind before Hero nailed the Hero’s Welcome and picked up the big win. [b]Winner – Chris Hero in 16:40 Match Three CIMA and Erick Stevens vs. Adam Pearce and Brent Albright w/Shane Hagadorn[/b] Virtually a squash match here as Pearce and Albright got in practically no offence on the Dragon Gate star and his in form partner before Pearce ended up falling to the Doctor Bomb from Stevens for the three count. [b]Winners – CIMA and Erick Stevens in 8:48 Match Four Grudge Match Delirious vs. Joey Matthews w/Lacey and Allison Wonderland[/b] This match had a lot of animosity from the start due to the ongoing problems between Delirious and the Age of the Fall as he wanted to try and destroy the first piece of the puzzle Joey Matthews and was doing everything in his power to try and do so. Delirious controlled much of the early going until sneaky tactics from Joey turned the tide in his favour and he was seemingly in a state of complete control until out of nowhere Delirious reversed a Matthews German Suplex attempt into the Chemical Imbalance #2 for a big victory. [b]Winner – Delirious in 12:28[/b] [i]The victory celebrations were short lives for Delirious as out of the crowd came the leader of the faction and man who will face Delirious tomorrow Jimmy Jacobs as he laid waste to the Lizard man with a spike before leaving him in the centre of the ring with blood pouring out of his mask onto the mat as medics tried to attend to the bleeding. [/i] [b]Match Five ROH vs. Dragon Gate Jimmy Jacobs & Tyler Black w/Lacey and Allison Wonderland vs. BxB Hulk & Shingo[/b] The first match in the Dragon Gate vs. Ring of Honor series tonight and what a fantastic match it was as both teams gave it their all and Black and Jacobs surprisingly played it by the book and were in control of the New Hazard team from Dragon Gate for much of the early going. This all changed when Shingo turned an End Time attempt from Jacobs into a beautiful Northern lights Suplex which allowed him time to get the hot tag to BxB Hulk who began cleaning house and as all hell broke loose Tyler fell victim to the Blood Fall from Shingo as the Dragon gate side drew first blood in this series. [b]Winners – BxB Hulk and Shingo in 12:22 (Dragon Gate lead the series 1-0) Match Six ROH vs. Dragon Gate Austin Aries w/Tammy Sytch vs. Genki Horiguchi [/b] Tammy accompanying Aries to the ring surely meant he had made his choice as he seemed to have a renewed belief in his abilities and put on a fantastic showcase with Horiguchi in one of the matches of the night. With Tammy cheering him from the outside of the ring Aries took control for much of the match using his various signature moves to try and wear down the Dragon Gate star. Genki is no slouch however and would not die before he began mounting some offence of his own that got Aries rocking and Tammy looking a little worried on the outside of the ring until Austin came surging back and landed a Brainbuster for a very long two count before locking in the Horns of Aries only for Genki to somehow reach the ropes but when all was said and done the 450 splash won it for Aries as he went back to what brought him to the dance and tied the series. [b]Winner – Austin Aries in 21:36 (Series tied at 1-1) [/b] [i]After the match was over Jimmy Jacobs appeared in the crowd and started telling Aries he will never win the ROH Title tomorrow night as he barely won today, he lacks the killer instinct, joining the Age of the Fall will renew his killer instinct and he should join them now. Jacobs then says Aries has his last chance at joining the cause and fighting for what is right tomorrow night, a decision must be made. It’s now intermission time as the Dragon Gate stars sign autographs and shill out various items of merchandise to the fans. [/i] [b]Match Seven ROH vs. Dragon Gate Kevin Steen & El Generico vs. Naruki Doi & Masato Yoshino[/b] Another fantastic tag team match as Steen and Generico really showed just how much they have stepped up their game since coming to Ring of Honor and matches Doi and Yoshino in every which way possible, hold for hold. Steen used his strength on many occasions whilst Generico relied on his speed advantage although that speed advantage was not exactly a massive one as the Dragon Gate stars are fast themselves. For all the effort and hard work the stars from Dragon Gate put in this match at times almost seemed like it was just getting the two Canadians over as they controlled long periods of the match before picking up the win when Steen pinned Yoshino thanks to a package piledriver as Generico landed a fantastic tope on the outside to Doi to prevent him from breaking up the pin. [b]Winners – Kevin Steen and El Generico in 15:34 (ROH lead the series 2-1) Match Eight ROH vs. Dragon Gate Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. Dragon Kid & Ryo Saito[/b] This penultimate match of the night saw the Dragon gate stars fighting to try and give them the respectable draw in the series whilst Jay and Mark were trying to put behind them a couple of poor results and get back to winning ways. Dragon Kid was certainly the brightest spark in the match as he ran rings around both of the brothers with his massive speed advantage whilst Ryo Saito did more of the actual wrestling matching the two men hold for hold. Jay and Mark were trying desperately to totally finish off Dragon Gate and almost did when Dragon Kid was almost decapitated and turned inside out when he received the springboard doomsday device but Saito broke up the pin somehow. This was the beginning of the end for Jay and Mark as from this point they looked less and less likely to win and when Dragon Kid landed the Ultra Hurricanrana on Mark Briscoe the three count was academic. [b]Winners – Dragon Kid and Ryo Saito in 14:23 (Series ends a draw 2-2) [/b] [i]The two teams shook hands as the series was proclaimed as a draw with both promotions giving strong showings. [/i] [b]Main Event Special Six Man Tag Action Main Event ROH World Champion Nigel McGuinness and ROH Tag Team Champions Davey Richards and Rocky Romero w/Larry Sweeney vs. Bryan Danielson and Vulture Squad members Jack Evans and Ruckus w/Julius Smokes. [/b] A fitting end to a show using the name Dragon Gate as one of their staples the six man tag was showcased at its finest here and the animosity and rivalry between the men in the match was showcased well with Nigel avoiding contact for much of the match with Bryan Danielson whilst Vulture Squad and No Remorse Corps are certainly no strangers to each other. Another interesting dynamic in this match was Sweeney on the outside for Nigel as well as managing Romero and Richards despite them seemingly turning down the offer earlier of the NRC joining Sweet and Sour Inc. The match itself was a fairly even contest with both teams getting in their fair share of offence but as expected the champions had to come out looking strong and they did when Nigel got the big pin over Ruckus thanks to the Jawbreaker Lariat. [b]Winners – Nigel McGuinness, Davey Richards and Rocky Romero in 18:32[/b] [i]After the match was over Larry Sweeney extended the offer once again for Romero and Richards to join him and for a moment it looked like they were going to join until they both put their heads down and walked off when leader Roderick Strong appeared on the ramp way. In the only post-show DVD promo Austin Aries talked about how tomorrow he fulfils his destiny to become the two time Ring of Honor World champion and there is nothing that Nigel McGuinness or indeed the Age of the Fall can do about it. The promo ends when Tammy enters wearing only a towel and pushes the cameraman out of the door before shutting it and locking it.[/i] [b]Match Ratings[/b] [i]Sean Waltman vs. Jigsaw C Chris Hero vs. Go Shiosaki B- CIMA/Stevens vs. Pearce/Albright C- Delirious vs. Joey Matthews D+ BxB/Shingo vs. AOTF D+ Austin Aries vs. Genki Horiguchi C Steen/Generico vs. Doi/Yoshino C- DKid/Saito vs. Jay/Mark C Six Man Tag C[/i]

Archived