GCW: From Georgia To The World

... [CENTER][QUOTE][B]Style:[/B] Georgia Traditional [B]Size:[/B] Cult [B]Location:[/B] South East (USA) [B]Show:[/B] Georgia Championship Wrestling (Live television taping): Saturday's at 7 PM on WTBS [B]Promotion Pacts:[/B] [B]Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling:[/B] Working agreement [B]Central States:[/B] Working agreement [B]Championship Wrestling from Florida:[/B] Working agreement [B]Mid-South Wrestling:[/B] Working agreement [B]Pacific Northwest:[/B] Working agreement [B]World Class Championship Wrestling:[/B] Hostile [B]Maple Leaf Wrestling:[/B] Non-aggression [B]All-Star Wrestling:[/B] Non-aggression [B]Southeastern Championship Wrestling:[/B] Working agreement [B]International Wrestling (Montreal):[/B] Non-aggression [B]World Wrestling Federation:[/B] War [B]Championship Wrestling Association:[/B] Working agreement [B]Southwest Championship Wrestling:[/B] Working agreement [B]Houston Championship Wrestling:[/B] Working agreement [B]Road Agents:[/B] Mr. Wrestling [B]Commentary Team:[/B] [B]Announcer:[/B] Gordon Solie [B]Color Commentator:[/B] Freddy Miller [B]Officials:[/B] Scrappy McGowen Ronnie West [B]Current Champions:[/B] [B]NWA National Heavyweight Champion:[/B] Vacant [B]NWA National Tag Team Titles:[/B] Vacant [B]NWA National Television Title:[/B] Vacant [B]Main Event:[/B] Mr. Wrestling II Ole Anderson Stan Hansen Buzz Sawyer Larry Zbyszko [B]Upper Mid-card:[/B] Paul Orndorff Ronnie Garvin Tommy Rich The Iron Sheik The Spoiler [B]Mid-card:[/B] Brett Wayne Bruno Sammartino Jr. Bullet Bob Armstrong Jake Roberts Les Thornton Pez Whatley Road Warrior Animal Road Warrior Hawk [B]Lower Mid-card:[/B] Brad Armstrong Italian Stallion Joe Lightfoot Rick McGraw [B]Opener:[/B] Mike Starbuck Tim Horner Pat Rose [B]Enhancement Talent:[/B] Randy Barber [B]Occasional Wrestler:[/B] Thunderbolt Patterson [B]Active Tag Teams:[/B] The Armstrong’s (Bob & Brad) The Lightning Express (Brad Armstrong & Tim Horner) The Road Warriors (Road Warrior Animal and Road Warrior Hawk) [B]Managers:[/B] Paul Ellering [B]Stables[/B] Legion of Doom (Buzz Sawyer, Jake Roberts, Paul Ellering, Road Warrior Animal, Road Warrior Hawk, The Spoiler)[/QUOTE][/CENTER]

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[CENTER][U][SIZE=4]GCW April 1983[/SIZE][/U][/CENTER] [QUOTE]-The Industry is beginning a change, specifically with the World Wrestling Federation threatening the sanctity of the National Wrestling Alliance. -Georgia Championship Wrestling, along with the rest of the NWA have declared war on the outlaw promotion of the World Wrestling Federation, looking to put the visionary Vince McMahon Jr. out of business. -Jim Barnett however has realized that what Vince is trying to do just might work. In order to look out for that he has hired a new booker named Eric Baker.[/QUOTE] -Georgia Championship Wrestling has been looking out for several superstars to sign and have offered contracts to various wrestlers. -Several wrestlers have been signed to Georgia Championship Wrestling, including: 1. Ivan Koloff 2. The Assassin 3. The Midnight Express(Bobby Eaton and Stan Lane) w/Jim Cornette 5. The Rock and Roll Express 7. Arn Anderson -Among others to be revealed as the shows go on.

[CENTER][B][COLOR=BLUE]L I V E this Saturday night from the Civic Center in Atlanta, Georgia and broadcast on TBS[/B][/COLOR] [B][SIZE=6]GEORGIA CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING![/SIZE][/B] [U][B][SIZE=4]MAIN EVENT![/SIZE][/B][/U] [QUOTE][B]National Tag Team Championship Match: Ole Anderson and ??? vs. Jake Roberts and The Spoiler[/B][/QUOTE] [COLOR=BLUE][SIZE=4][B]-PLUS!-[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR] [QUOTE][B]National Heavyweight Title Tournament Round 1: Ronnie Garvin vs. Larry Zbyszko[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]Brett Wayne vs. Pat Rose[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]National Heavyweight Title Tournament Round 1: Tommy Rich vs. Arn Anderson[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]Buzz Sawyer vs. Mr. Wrestling II[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]National Heavyweight Title Tournament Round 1: Paul Orndorff vs. The Great Kabuki[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]National Heavyweight Title Tournament Round 1: Bruno Sammartino Jr. vs. The Iron Sheik[/B][/QUOTE] [B][COLOR=BLUE]BE THERE![/COLOR][/B] Predictions/Comments/Questions/Concerns Always Appreciated![/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][SIZE=5]Georgia Championship Wrestling[/SIZE] Saturday, Week 1, April 1983 Civic Center Atlanta, Georgia Attendance: 5,000 Following the opening video for Georgia Championship Wrestling, the attention turned to the announcers for the evening: Gordon Solie and Freddy Miller. [U][COLOR=RED]Gordon Solie[/U] Hello everyone and welcome to Georgia Championship Wrestling action and what a great card we have for you tonight. We have several first round matches in the National Title Tournament, including blockbusters like Paul Orndorff facing international star the Great Kabuki and Ronnie Garvin against Larry Zbyszko. Plus our main event tonight as the National Tag Team Titles are decided when two members of the Legion of Doom: Jake Roberts and the Spoiler take on Ole Anderson and a mystery partner subbing in for Stan Hansen, who was supposed to be here tonight but has not shown up. But first let's go to our first first round match in the National Heavyweight Title Tournament.[/COLOR] ------ [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/DavidSammartino.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/IronSheik2.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=4]National Heavyweight Title Tournament Round 1 Bruno Sammartino, Jr. vs. The Iron Sheik[/SIZE] The crowd got behind the young, plucky Sammartino Jr. as he came out to the ring, booing the foreign Iron Sheik when he came out alone. Sammartino went to work quickly on Sheik, looking to pick up an upset here but the Iron Sheik sidestepped a leap by Sammartino and Sammartino got hung up on the ropes by his throat. The Iron Sheik put the boots to Sammartino and then locked on the Camel Clutch, getting the submission victory. Winner: The Iron Sheik Match Time: 6:25 Match Rating: C ------ [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/PaulOrndorff.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/GreatKabuki.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=4]National Heavyweight Title Tournament Round 1 Paul Orndorff vs. The Great Kabuki[/SIZE] The action continued inside the ring as another first round matchup in the National Heavyweight Title Tournament commenced when Paul Orndorff took on the Great Kabuki. Kabuki, of course, was accompanied by his manager Gary Hart. Another great match with Kabuki showing some scientific skill that he's learned and schooling Orndorff at times. But the powerful Mr. Wonderful ducked a savate kick from Kabuki and took out a knee. He picked up Kabuki and military press slammed him to cheers from the crowd before setting him up and nailing the Piledriver, making the cover and hooking the leg for the three count! Winner: Paul Orndorff Match Time: 5:57 Match Rating: B- ------ A video began to play that didn't seem to get any reaction from the crowd. It showed the scene of Manhattan with King Kong moving through and holding a woman as he climbed the Empire State Building. Once to the top, he turned and revealed the face of King Kong Bundy, giving a wink. [SIZE=6]KING KONG BUNDY ... COMING SOON TO GCW![/SIZE] ------ [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/BuzzSawyer.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/MrWrestlingII2.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=4]Buzz Sawyer vs. Mr. Wrestling II[/SIZE] A break from the title tournament with two great wrestlers going one on one as the Madman Buzz Sawyer along with his manager Paul Ellering took on Mr. Wrestling II! Sawyer used his manager at ringside to keep the advantage through this match, fighting through the technical expertise of Wrestling II. Sawyer, however, made the mistake of trying a top rope move and got caught and slammed by Mr. Wrestling II. Wrestling II clotheslined Sawyer back down and then body slammed him, setting him up and nailing the Knee Lift! He made the cover and got the huge win over Sawyer while Paul Ellering was upset at ringside! Winner: Mr. Wrestling II Match Time: 7:42 Match Rating: B Following the match, Paul Ellering got in the ring and shoved Sawyer! The two got into it inside the ring without any microphones to pick up the words being said. Sawyer ****ed a fist as though he was prepared to hit Ellering and then stopped and turned, leaving for the back beside Precious Paul. ------ [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/TommyRich.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/ArnAnderson2.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=4]National Heavyweight Title Tournament Round 1 Tommy Rich vs. Arn Anderson[/SIZE] One of the best matches of the night as Double A made his debut here in Georgia, taking on Wildfire Tommy Rich. The crowd backed Rich in this match as he seemed pretty dominant throughout much of the match. Rich set Anderson up for a knee lift but Anderson moved out of the way. Anderson went for a clothesline but Rich ducked! Rich kicked Anderson in the gut and bounced off the ropes, coming back toward Anderson, who caught him in a Spinebuster! Anderson quickly made the cover... 1... 2... 3!!! Arn Anderson advances in his debut here! Winner: Arn Anderson Match Time: 7:49 Match Rating: B- ------ The cameras focus in on the staging area where Jim Barnett stands by with Gordon Solie. [U][COLOR=RED]Gordon Solie[/U] Jim, thank you for coming here tonight. I understand about your busy schedule. Tonight, we are going to be having some great matches still to go, including the main event where the National Tag Team Titles will be decided.[/COLOR] [U][COLOR=BLUE]Jim Barnett[/U] Indeed, Mr. Solie. It is an honor to be here in front of all these wonderful Georgia fans. Right now I'd like to bring out one of the men competing in the main event, Ole Anderson![/COLOR] Ole comes out to a good crowd ovation. They like the elder Anderson here in Georgia. It's bordering on a love affair! [U][COLOR=BLUE]Jim Barnett[/U] Ole, you know why I invited you out here. It's to tell the world just who your partner is going to be tonight in the main event.[/COLOR] [U][COLOR=GREEN]Ole Anderson[/U] Actually, we have a problem, Jim. He hasn't arrived here yet. I'd rather keep the announcement silent until he arrived.[/COLOR] [U][COLOR=BLUE]Jim Barnett[/U] You have until right before your match, Ole. If he doesn't arrive before then, then you must wrestle Jake Roberts and the Spoiler in a handicap match.[/COLOR] ------ [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/BrettSawyer.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/PatRose.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=4]Brett Wayne vs. Pat Rose[/SIZE] Paul Ellering came down to the ring and sat at the commentary booth, joining Gordon Solie and Freddy Miller for this match. Wayne was mostly dominated by Pat Rose with Ellering taking every moment he could to insult Wayne, calling him a second-rate wrestler and a loser from a loser family. Wayne came back during the match and was able to lock a Figure 4 Leglock on Rose! It didn't take long for Rose to give up. Winner: Brett Wayne Match Time: 4:07 Match Rating: D ------ [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/RonnieGarvin.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/LarryZybszko.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=4]National Heavyweight Title Tournament Round 1 Ronnie Garvin vs. Larry Zbyszko[/SIZE] Larry Zbyszko is the reason for the National Heavyweight Title being held up after he successfully bought it from Killer Tim Brooks and it was held up by the NWA. But this was another great opening match in the National Heavyweight Title Tournament as the Man With The Hands Of Stone started things off with some lightning fast jabs to the Living Legend. Zbyszko quickly exited the ring and took off running with Garvin chasing him! Zbyszko rolled inside the ring and Garvin followed him in but was caught with a few kicks and then an elbow drop by the Living Legend! Zbyszko went to work on the back of Ronnie Garvin with kicks and a few backbreakers, going for the cover several times but only getting a two count as the crowd tried to get behind Garvin. Zbyszko locked on a Sleeperhold in the middle of the ring and Garvin started to fade. Referee Scrappy McGowen was right there to check on the Man With The Hands Of Stone as Garvin faded toward dreamland. His arm was raised once...dropped. His arm was raised a second time...dropped. His arm was raised a third time...he held it up! The crowd went wild as Garvin started to move his way to his feet! He fired an elbow into Zbyszko's gut! Then another! And another! Zbyszko had to release the hold and Garvin bounced off the ropes, nailing Zbyszko with a hard punch to the face, sending Zbyszko to the mat! The Living Legend was busted open at that point, showing what a hard punch Garvin has! Zbyszko begged off from Garvin as Garvin looked to the crowd for support. Garvin grabbed Zbyszko and kicked him in the gut, nailing a vertical suplex before moving him to the corner and setting him up on the top turnbuckle. Garvin climbed up, getting Zbyszko in position for a superplex but Zbyszko fired a shot into Garvin's gut! A second shot! A third shot and he pushed Garvin off the turnbuckles. The referee checked on Ronnie while Zbyszko pulled a chain out of his trunks, wrapping it around his fist! The crowd saw this and tried to yell for the referee but Zbyszko kept it hidden as Ronnie got back up and went up for the Superplex try again and Zbyszko gave him a short right punch to the face, sending him falling off the turnbuckles. Zbyszko tossed the chain under the bottom rope and then quickly made a cover! 1... 2... 3!!! Larry Zbyszko advances but by underhanded means, indeed! Winner: Larry Zbyszko Match Time: 7:40 Match Rating: B- ------ Within the staging area stood Paul Ellering along with his Legion of Doom members: Jake Roberts and The Spoiler. [U][COLOR=RED]Paul Ellering[/U] Ole Anderson, you better listen and listen good. I have two of the best wrestlers right here from my Legion of Doom in Jake Roberts and the Spoiler and they are just looking to add gold to my collection. You better hope that your tag team partner has arrived here tonight because that is the only way you even have a slim chance of defeating my Legion. We await who your partner is. The time is now.[/COLOR] Ellering led his two members down to the ring and stood inside as they awaited the entrance of Ole Anderson. ------ [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/OleAnderson2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/wrestlertemplate.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/JakeRoberts.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/TheSpoiler3.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=4]National Tag Team Championship Match Ole Anderson and ??? vs. Jake Roberts and The Spoiler[/SIZE] The crowd waited, buzzing as Ole Anderson walked out by himself and headed over to the podium. [U][COLOR=GREEN]Ole Anderson[/U] You know what, Paul Ellering? I had to wait and think long and hard on who I wanted to replace Stan Hansen tonight as my tag team partner and I came up with the perfect wrestler.[/COLOR] The crowd was startled as someone moved through them and came up from behind Roberts and The Spoiler. [U][COLOR=GREEN]Ole Anderson[/U] Legion of Doom, meet my partner tonight![/COLOR] Ole pointed and Jake Roberts and the Spoiler turned into punches from Ole's partner! Clotheslines took down both men and they rolled out of the ring as Ole came running down and slid inside, patting the man on the shoulder and standing tall side by side with... THUNDERBOLT PATTERSON!!! The crowd went wild and the match began inside the ring with Thunderbolt and Jake Roberts. Thunderbolt used the momentum gained from being Ole's partner to start the match off strong but Jake used a rake of the eyes and the Legion began their advantage, using quick tags to cut off the ring and keep Thunderbolt in their corner. The Spoiler walked the top rope and delivered a clothesline to Thunderbolt that got a two count. The Spoiler sent Thunderbolt into the corner and then came running at him but Thunderbolt ducked out of the way and the Spoiler hit the corner hard! Thunderbolt crawled toward Ole, who was just itching to be tagged in! The Spoiler tagged in Jake and Ole got the tag to a huge crowd ovation! Ole clotheslined down Jake and then punched the Spoiler off the apron! He picked up Jake and landed a vertical suplex, dropping an elbow before calling for it and he locked in an Anderson Step Over Armbar! Jake cried out in pain as Ole locked it in tight! Thunderbolt came back in to stop The Spoiler from interfering and even knocked Paul Ellering off the apron! After about a minute, Jake had no choice but to submit or have his arm broken so he gave up and we have new National Tag Team Champions! Winners: Ole Anderson and Thunderbolt Patterson Match Time: 8:48 Match Rating: C+ Referee Ronnie West handed Ole and Thunderbolt the belts and they held them up in the air to cheers from the crowd, celebrating by sliding up in the corners but as they were celebrating two masked men slid inside the ring dressed all in black! Ole turned and was dropped by a clothesline by one! Thunderbolt turned and got kicked in the knee by the other! Ole was brought to the center of the ring and set into a Piledriver position! The second masked man walked over and they delivered a stuffed Piledriver on Ole Anderson! Thunderbolt Patterson was laid out and one went to the second rope, dropping an elbow onto the leg of Thunderbolt before stomping on it hard! The first masked man walked over and picked up the National Tag Team Titles, handing one to his partner and then holding them up in the air victoriously before they walked off as the show went off the air. Just who ARE these guys??? TV Rating: 2.14 Overall Rating: C[/CENTER][/B]

Damn, it's a shame your main event bombed, you had a great listing of matches other than that totally deserving better than C overall grade. Nice work, it looks interesting so far as I always have a sweet spot for DOTT diary.

[QUOTE=MrOnu;391566]Damn, it's a shame your main event bombed, you had a great listing of matches other than that totally deserving better than C overall grade. Nice work, it looks interesting so far as I always have a sweet spot for DOTT diary.[/QUOTE] Definitely a lower grade for the main event than I expected. But that is how you learn, right? And with the plans I have moving forward there should definitely be better and better grades. Also, I suffered from a 'lack of storylines' but it was considered a success in the SouthEast so that is always a positive. But definitely thanks for reading and if you have any suggestions or any more comments, feel free to fire them out there. Always nice to have a reader!

[CENTER][U][SIZE=4]GCW: From Georgia To The World[/SIZE][/U][/CENTER] -Jim Barnett was said to be very unhappy about the National Tag Team Titles being stolen by those two masked wrestlers. He is unsure of who they are and why they are here and is planning on confronting them this week at Georgia Championship Wrestling! -Congratulations to Ole Anderson and Thunderbolt Patterson for winning the National Tag Team Titles, though their celebration was cut short by the attack by two mysterious masked men. No word on these masked men and who they are. Will they show up again this week? -The National Heavyweight Title Tournament continues with the semi-finals this week with matches pitting the Iron Sheik against Paul Orndorff and Arn Anderson against Larry Zbyszko. -In major news, Georgia Championship Wrestling has cut all ties with Pacific Northwest wrestling citing their use of WWF contracted performers. A war has not yet been extended to PNW but it may come in the future if they continue to side with the WWF. -In related news, GCW has worked out a working agreement with All-Japan Pro Wrestling. Jim Barnett is said to be thrilled to have the opportunity to bring in some of these great international stars and also to help All-Japan in their war against New-Japan Pro Wrestling due to New-Japan siding with the World Wrestling Federation by using their superstars on their product. -The NWA is getting serious and tough about wiping out the WWF threat as shown by the moves made this week. Jim Barnett is hoping the other members of the NWA will follow suit with his decisions and back him as they try to fend off the WWF. -GCW got a 2.14 rating on the last television show. A very good rating for a wrestling show but we have the best time slot available as well. -SWCW and CSW are both in trouble of getting their time slots pulled from them. This will be a major blow to both federations if this happens since they will not have a major venue to showcase their talents.

[CENTER][B][COLOR=BLUE]L I V E this Saturday night from the Macon Coliseum in Macon, Georgia and broadcast on TBS[/B][/COLOR] [B][SIZE=6]GEORGIA CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING![/SIZE][/B] [U][B][SIZE=4]MAIN EVENT![/SIZE][/B][/U] [QUOTE][B]Semi-Finals Of National Heavyweight Title Tournament: Larry Zbyszko vs. Arn Anderson[/B][/QUOTE] [COLOR=BLUE][SIZE=4][B]-PLUS!-[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR] [QUOTE][B]The Great Kabuki and Magic Dragon vs. The Rock and Roll Express[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]Pez Whatley vs. Ronnie Garvin[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]Semi-Finals of National Heavyweight Title Tournament: The Iron Sheik vs. Paul Orndorff[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]The Road Warriors vs. The Armstrongs[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]Jake Roberts vs. Mr. Wrestling II[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]Plus Jim Barnett confronts the Masked Men and MORE![/B][/QUOTE] [B][COLOR=BLUE]BE THERE![/COLOR][/B] Predictions/Comments/Questions/Concerns Always Appreciated! Guesses on the identities of the Masked Men are being taken as well.[/CENTER]

[quote=angeldelayette;392185][CENTER][B][COLOR=BLUE]L I V E this Saturday night from the Macon Coliseum in Macon, Georgia and broadcast on TBS[/COLOR][/B] [B][SIZE=6]GEORGIA CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING![/SIZE][/B] [U][B][SIZE=4]MAIN EVENT![/SIZE][/B][/U] [COLOR=BLUE][SIZE=4][B]-PLUS!-[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR] [B]Semi-Finals Of National Heavyweight Title Tournament: Larry Zbyszko vs.[COLOR=Red] [U]Arn Anderson[/U] [/COLOR]- I am a huge fan of Arn Anderson so I had to pick him [/B] [B]The Great Kabuki and Magic Dragon vs. [COLOR=Red][U]The Rock and Roll Express[/U][/COLOR][/B] [B]Pez Whatley vs. [COLOR=Red][U]Ronnie Garvin[/U][/COLOR][/B] [B]Semi-Finals of National Heavyweight Title Tournament: The Iron Sheik vs. [U][COLOR=Red]Paul Orndorff[/COLOR][/U][/B] [B][COLOR=Red][U]The Road Warriors[/U][/COLOR] vs. The Armstrongs[/B] [B][U][COLOR=Red]Jake Roberts[/COLOR][/U] vs. Mr. Wrestling II Masked Man- not sure yet I just wanna put my prediction for the winner of the Tournament- Arn Anderson. [/B] [B][COLOR=BLUE]BE THERE![/COLOR][/B] Predictions/Comments/Questions/Concerns Always Appreciated! Guesses on the identities of the Masked Men are being taken as well.[/CENTER] [/quote] Awesome Diary so far,I am always interested when I see a DOTT game of MACW, GCW, or WCCW. Keep up the great work :)

[CENTER][B][SIZE=5]Georgia Championship Wrestling[/SIZE] Saturday, Week 2, April 1983 Macon Coliseum Macon, Georgia Attendance: 4,568 The show begins with a video showing just what transpired last week with a focus on the main event where Ole Anderson and Thunderbolt Patterson won the National Tag Team Titles in a match against Jake Roberts and the Spoiler. Following that match though Ole and Thunderbolt were attacked by two masked men, who stole the National Tag Team Title belts! ------ Inside the Macon Coliseum, the show begins with a focus down toward Gordon Solie standing by with Jim Barnett at the podium. [U][COLOR=RED]Gordon Solie[/U] Hello everyone and welcome to Georgia Championship Wrestling! I'm Gordon Solie alongside the owner of GCW: Mr. Jim Barnett. Mr. Barnett, I believe you have a few words you wish to pass on.[/COLOR] [U][COLOR=BLUE]Jim Barnett[/U] Thank you, Gordon. Last week, everyone saw Ole Anderson and Thunderbolt Patterson win the National Tag Team Titles only to have their thunder stolen by two masked men who came into the territory and stole the National Tag Team Title belts. I'm going to get right to the point, those belts are the property of Georgia Championship Wrestling and what those two masked men did is against the law since they don't even wrestle here in Georgia! I am requesting right now that those two men come out and hand over the belts so we can get on with the program.[/COLOR] Jim and Gordon stand and wait for several minutes to...nothing! No one coming out at all and the two men seem to be growing increasingly frustrated until Ole Anderson walks out. [U][COLOR=Green]Ole Anderson[/U] Jim, it doesn't seem like they're going to come out for you so maybe they'll come out for me. Later tonight, I am going to give one of those men a shot against me in the ring. They came out here last week and hurt my partner, they hurt Thunderbolt Patterson and you know they're going to have to pay for that Anderson style. So if you two jerks have any guts at all you'll meet me in the ring later tonight and I'll get those National Tag Team Title belts back.[/COLOR] ------ [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/JakeRoberts2.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/MrWrestlingII2.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=4]Jake Roberts vs. Mr. Wrestling II[/SIZE] This match could be a main event down here in Georgia but it's leading off the show here tonight! The two wrestlers showed just why it is leading off the show as their timing was off the entire match. The two conflicting styles just didn't seem to mesh well. Of course it didn't help that Jake and Paul Ellering also seemed to lose their chemistry in this match. It was an open match though with the crowd solidly behind Mr. Wrestling II. But Jake was able to make the comeback and get a kick to the gut and then that solid DDT for the pinfall victory! Winner: Jake Roberts Match Time: 9:45 Match Rating: C ------ Focusing back in on the podium, Gordon Solie was standing by with Ole Anderson. [U][COLOR=RED]Gordon Solie[/U] Hello wrestling fans, Gordon Solie here along with Ole Anderson. Ole, first of all, congratulations on winning the National Tag Team Titles though the match didn't end the way you would have wanted it to.[/COLOR] [U][COLOR=GREEN]Ole Anderson[/U] The match ended the way I wanted it to but the aftermath was definitely not something I expected. I didn't expect two cowards to jump me and my partner after the match and walk away with our title belts. But I'm not one to cry over spilled milk. No, tonight, I'm going to spill some blood. I'm gonna rip off the masks of one of those cowards, those wimps and I'm gonna make him bleed until he just can't take it anymore because that's how the Andersons do it. And masked men you just might be surprised at who joins me with this.[/COLOR] ------ [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/RoadWarriorAnimal.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/RoadWarriorHawk.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/BobArmstrong.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/BradArmstrong.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=4]The Road Warriors vs. The Armstrongs[/SIZE] 'Precious' Paul Ellering came down to the ring for his second match in a row, leading the Road Warriors against the Armstrongs. The Road Warriors raced to the ring and knocked Bob Armstrong out of the ring before turning their attention to Brad. Brad was considered the legal man as the Road Warriors took him down with a double clothesline and then stomped him in the corner. Brad Armstrong played the face-in-peril for most of the match with the match heating up when his father was tagged in. Bob slammed both Road Warriors and dropped an elbow on Animal for a two count! Animal no-sold it as he powered up and out and caught Bob coming off the ropes with a military press slam. Animal made the tag and then lifted Bob up on his shoulders as Hawk went to the top turnbuckle. Hawk leapt off with a Flying Clothesline that turned Bob Armstrong inside it. The pinfall was academic as Animal kept Brad from interfering. Winners: The Road Warriors Match Time: 8:05 Match Rating: C- ------ A video begins to play that Gordon Solie says they received only moments ago. It shows Arn Anderson within the parking garage walking away from his car only to be attacked by a mystery assailant that stays off-camera! Anderson gets stuffed into the trunk of another car and the mystery man slides into the front seat, driving away with Arn Anderson! ------ [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/IronSheik.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/PaulOrndorff.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=4]Semi-Finals Of National Heavyweight Title Tournament The Iron Sheik vs. Paul Orndorff[/SIZE] Our first semi-final match in the National Heavyweight Title Tournament sees the Iron Sheik taking on Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorff. Of course Gordon and Freddy spent part of this match talking about Arn Anderson being abducted and what this does to the other semi-final match tonight. This was a good match other than the fact that neither man wanted to sell the other's moves. The Iron Sheik focused on Paul Orndorff's back but Orndorff rallied toward the end of the match and got the Iron Sheik into position for a Piledriver! He lifted and connected! Orndorff made the cover and we have one of our finalists in the tournament: Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorff. Winner: Paul Orndorff Match Time: 8:59 Match Rating: C+ ------ The attention shifts toward the podium where Paul Ellering is standing by with the Legion of Doom surrounding him. [U][COLOR=RED]Paul Ellering[/U] First of all, I want to state that my Legion of Doom has nothing to do with the attacks that have recently been made by those masked men. If my Legion is going to attack you then we are going to do it to your face. You're going to see us coming and not be able to do anything about it. But that is not why I am out here tonight. I am out here tonight because my Legion of Doom is looking for competition. I am looking for ANY Georgia Championship Wrestling athlete to take on a member of my stable, my choice of course. Is there anyone in the back that's tough enough?[/COLOR] After a brief pause, Brett Wayne comes walking out from the back, approaching the Legion of Doom! [U][COLOR=GREEN]Brett Wayne[/U] I heard the comments you had to say about me last week, Paul. I just want to come out here and prove that I can wrestle and beat any wrestler in Georgia Championship Wrestling so I will accept your challenge.[/COLOR] The camera zooms in on Buzz Sawyer not looking happy about this turn of events at all. ------ [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/PezWhatley.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/RonnieGarvin.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=4]Pez Whatley vs. Ronnie Garvin[/SIZE] Ronnie Garvin was definitely unhappy about being 'cheated' out of the National Heavyweight Title Tournament and took out his aggression on Pez Whatley. Garvin dominated the match much to the delight of the fans and quickly finished off Whatley with the Garvin Stomp! Winner: Ronnie Garvin Match Time: 7:58 Match Rating: C ------ A tape begins to play showing Buzz Sawyer and Paul Ellering in some back area. [U][COLOR=GREEN]Buzz Sawyer[/U] You know you can't do this, Paul. You can't send HIM out there against Brett.[/COLOR] [U][COLOR=RED]Paul Ellering[/U] I can do whatever I want, Buzz. I'M the leader of the Legion of Doom, not you.[/COLOR] [U][COLOR=GREEN]Buzz Sawyer[/U] Let me tell you one more time, Paul. Call it off. They don't call me the Mad Dog for nothing.[/COLOR] Buzz gets up in Paul Ellering's face and it is only broken up by the other members of the Legion of Doom walking in. ------ [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/GreatKabuki.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/MagicDragon.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/RickyMorton.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/RobertGibson.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=4]The Great Kabuki and Magic Dragon vs. The Rock and Roll Express[/SIZE] Gary Hart led the Great Kabuki and Magic Dragon out to the ring. Kabuki had a loss last week to Paul Orndorff so he is looking to bounce back from that loss here in tag team fashion. The crowd, especially the females, cheered when the Rock and Roll Express came down to the ring. This was a good back and forth matchup with Morton at times playing the face-in-peril to perfection like he always does. It looked like Kabuki and Dragon might pick up the win over Morton but he managed to duck out of the way of a savate kick and make a tag to Gibson! Gibson took down both Kabuki and Dragon with dropkicks. He took down Magic Dragon with a monkey flip and then slipped Kabuki into a Small Package, picking up the victory for his team! Winners: The Rock and Roll Express Match Time: 8:07 Match Rating: C- ------ A graphic is shown next, showing that next week we are going to see Brett Wayne taking on the Spoiler in what should be a good match indeed! ------ The camera zooms in on Gordon Solie and Larry Zbyszko at the podium. [U][COLOR=RED]Gordon Solie[/U] Hello ladies and gentlemen. Tonight, as everyone saw, Arn Anderson has been abducted from the building. Therefore I am being told that you, Larry Zbyszko, have been given the forfeit, countout victory over Anderson to advance to the finals of the National Heavyweight Title Tournament.[/COLOR] [U][COLOR=GREEN]Larry Zbyszko[/U] That is definitely too bad about what happened to Arn Anderson. But I'll take the win any way that I can get it. Now it's down to myself and Paul Orndorff in the finals at GCW Firestorm. Orndorff, you may be big and strong but I've got something that you'll never have. And that's brains. I'm smarter than you are and at Firestorm I am going to prove it.[/COLOR] ------ [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/OleAnderson2.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/wrestlertemplate.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=4]Ole Anderson vs. ???[/SIZE] Ole Anderson walks out to the ring at this point and grabbed a chair, tossing it inside the ring. He slides inside and sets it up, sitting down and waiting to see if either of the masked men are going to show up. After a couple of minutes, the masked men come down from the back standing at ringside and looking up at Ole Anderson. The larger masked man points to his partner, who steps inside the ring and it's a brawl from the beginning inside the ring! The chair is tossed away and referee Ronnie West comes running down and slides inside the ring, calling for the bell and we have a match! The masked man pushes Ole into the corner and chops him in the chest but Ole doesn't sell it! He pounds the masked man in the corner and picks him up, body slamming him to the mat! It didn't take too long into this match for the other masked man to climb into the ring and attack Ole from behind, causing the DQ and true boos from the crowd! Winner: Ole Anderson Match Time: 8:23 Match Rating: C- The larger masked man holds Ole while the smaller one punches him right in the face! The smaller one goes out and gets the chair Ole had while the larger one sets him into position for a Piledriver and connects! The smaller masked man slams the chair into Ole's leg and then locks in a spinning toe hold, perhaps a prelude to the Figure 4??? The crowd cheers as Stan Hansen comes running out from the back! Hansen slides into the ring and brings down the larger man with a Lariat! He turns toward the smaller one who dives out of the ring quickly and Stan Hansen stands tall inside the ring as the show comes to a close. TV Rating: 2.32 Overall Rating: C[/B][/CENTER]

[QUOTE=Trell;392189]Awesome Diary so far,I am always interested when I see a DOTT game of MACW, GCW, or WCCW. Keep up the great work :)[/QUOTE] Thanks for the comments! You went 5 for 6 in your predictions with the only loss being the non-match between Anderson and Zbyszko. That definitely makes for a great start here and I hope you'll continue making those predictions! As far as Double A goes, I definitely have some plans for him in the future which you will see.

[CENTER][U][SIZE=4]GCW: From Georgia To The World[/SIZE][/U][/CENTER] -Stan Hansen was definitely praised by Jim Barnett backstage after coming out and making the save for Ole Anderson in the absence of Thunderbolt Patterson. -Speaking of Thunderbolt, he is expected to be back within the ring next week. -The Legion of Doom is definitely having some issues as Jake Roberts and Paul Ellering don't seem to be on the same page and neither are Buzz Sawyer and Paul Ellering. Ellering seems like he just may be losing his stable. -ICW is reporting TV problems. If things do not improve, they may be removed. -The same is being reported of WWA. -Also the same for AJPW. -Also: NJPW -One more: MLW -Stan Hansen, Ole Anderson and Thunderbolt Patterson are looking to make a united front this week to try and get back the National Tag Team Title belts. -Jim Barnett has ended the working relationship between GCW and Houston Championship Wrestling run by Paul Boesch due to their use of WWF contracted wrestlers on their shows. -Curt Hennig rejected negotiations with GCW due to not wanting to come down from the AWA. -War has not yet been declared against any of the promotions seemingly siding with the World Wrestling Federation but there are definitely talks stirring within the NWA about this major threat.

[QUOTE=combatmedic;392423]Fantastic diary so far. I am a fan of retro diaries, and this is no exception. Something tells me that the Masked Men might be Terry and Dory Funk. That thought popped into my head when one of the masked men used a spinning toe hold. Keep up the good work[/QUOTE] Thanks for the comment. I truly appreciate it. As far as your choice for the masked men, you have some good insight on that but that's all I'm going to say. :)

[CENTER][B][COLOR=BLUE]L I V E this Saturday night from the Municipal Auditorium in Columbus, Georgia and broadcast on TBS[/B][/COLOR] [B][SIZE=6]GEORGIA CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING![/SIZE][/B] [U][B][SIZE=4]MAIN EVENT![/SIZE][/B][/U] [QUOTE][B]Ronnie Garvin vs. The Iron Sheik[/B][/QUOTE] [COLOR=BLUE][SIZE=4][B]-PLUS!-[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR] [QUOTE][B]The Great Kabuki and Magic Dragon vs. The Lightning Express[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]Tommy Rich vs. Pat Rose[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]The Spoiler vs. Brett Wayne[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]The Road Warriors vs. Mr. Wrestling and Mr. Wrestling II[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]Paul Orndorff vs. Les Thornton[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]The Midnight Express vs. The Mulkey Brothers[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]Plus the return of Thunderbolt Patterson![/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]Arn Anderson escaped from the car and will be there to make comments as well![/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]Buzz Sawyer, Larry Zbyszko and the Masked Men will be there again this week![/B][/QUOTE] [B][COLOR=BLUE]BE THERE![/COLOR][/B] Predictions/Comments/Questions/Concerns Always Appreciated! Guesses on the identities of the Masked Men are being taken as well.[/CENTER]

[b]Ronnie Garvin[/b] vs. The Iron Sheik [b]The Great Kabuki and Magic Dragon[/b] vs. The Lightning Express [b]Tommy Rich[/b] vs. Pat Rose The Spoiler vs. [b]Brett Wayne[/b] [b]The Road Warriors[/b] vs. Mr. Wrestling and Mr. Wrestling II [b]Paul Orndorff[/b] vs. Les Thornton [b]The Midnight Express[/b] vs. The Mulkey Brothers

[CENTER][B][SIZE=5]Georgia Championship Wrestling[/SIZE] Saturday, Week 3, April 1983 Municipal Auditorium Columbus, Georgia Attendance: 4,441 The show begins down at the podium where Gordon Solie is surrounded by Ole Anderson, Stan Hansen and Thunderbolt Patterson! [U][COLOR=RED]Gordon Solie[/U] Hello everyone and welcome to Georgia Championship Wrestling! I'm Gordon Solie and as you can see here I am down at the podium with Ole Anderson, Stan Hansen and Thunderbolt Patterson! Gentlemen, I think you have a challenge you wish to make.[/COLOR] [U][COLOR=GREEN]Ole Anderson[/U] I've come out here time and time again and said that I don't wear a white hat. Neither do these two men standing on either side of me. What we do wear is wrestling gear and that's more than those low-down cowards that stole our belts can say. They wear masks to cover their faces. If I was as ugly as they are I'd wear a mask too. Masked men, I know you're listening out there. I know you're out there shaking in your boots because of what we three men represent but we're out here to issue a challenge. Georgia Championship Wrestling is having a major card event this Friday night called Firestorm and all three of us are going to be there. The question is do you two have the guts to show up and bring our belts with you? If you do, we'll make sure we kick them down your throats before sending you both out of town. Tell them, Stan.[/COLOR] [U][COLOR=BLUE]Stan Hansen[/U] It's good to be back here in Georgia after a little bout of food poisoning I had two weeks ago. Masked men, everyone here knows who I am and you obviously do too by the way you hightailed it out of the ring last week. I'm Stan Hansen, the bad man from Borger Texas. And I'm here beside these two great men ready to kick your asses and take no prisoners because that's the way we do it in Texas.[/COLOR] [U][COLOR=RED]Gordon Solie[/U] And you Thunderbolt?[/COLOR] [U][COLOR=Purple]Thunderbolt Patterson[/U] From coast to coast and pillar to post Thunderbolt Patterson here and I'm feeling fine. Masked men, you thought you took me out two weeks ago but my leg is feeling good. It's feeling better than good. As a matter of fact, I feel like dancing all over your graves. And at Firestorm I'm going to get to do just that if you have the guts to show up.[/COLOR] ------ [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/BobbyEaton.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/StanLane.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/RandyMulkey.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/wrestlertemplate.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=4]The Midnight Express vs. The Mulkey Brothers[/SIZE] The Midnight Express alongside Jim Cornette kicked things off with this show tonight taking on the perennial losers: The Mulkey Brothers. Randy and Bill sure try every night to pick up a win but they never seem able to do it. Tonight was no exception to the theory as Beautiful Bobby Eaton and Sweet Stan Lane made mincemeat out of the Mulkeys, ending the match with a Veg-O-Matic and then a pinfall. Winners: The Midnight Express Match Time: 4:47 Match Rating: D- ------ A video began to play showing highlights from the National Heavyweight Title Tournament. They've each had several victories going forward and now it's going to be Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorff and The Living Legend Larry Zbyszko going one on one at Firestorm to determine the next National Heavyweight Champion! ------ [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/PaulOrndorff.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/LesThornton.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=4]Paul Orndorff vs. Les Thornton[/SIZE] Speaking of Mr. Wonderful, he is in action here tonight against a britsh bruiser in Les Thornton. Thornton put up a wonderful technical exhibition in this match against one of the top contenders but the power of Mr. Wonderful was just too much for Thornton to overcome and Wonderful got the pinfall following a Piledriver. Winner: Paul Orndorff Match Time: 7:37 Match Rating: C Following the match, as Orndorff got to his feet, he was clubbed from behind by Larry Zbyszko! The Living Legend made his focus the shoulder of Paul Orndorff, stretching it out and stomping on it before he lifted him up and dropped him with a Shoulderbreaker. Several wrestlers came out to make the save but it was too little too late and Zbyszko walked away, pointing to his head, thinking he's outsmarted Orndorff. ------ [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/RoadWarriorAnimal2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/RoadWarriorHawk2.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/MrWrestling.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/MrWrestlingII2.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=4]The Road Warrior vs. Mr. Wrestling and Mr. Wrestling II[/SIZE] Another match that could headline shows around the world as the Road Warriors along with their manager Paul Ellering take on Mr. Wrestling and Mr. Wrestling II! The good guys began this match with some technically sound holds on the Road Warriors, keeping the power and speed off-guard with standing switches and variations on the su-play. Everyone is the same size when you're lying on the mat, right? But once Road Warrior Animal got a vertical base, he nearly clotheslined Mr. Wrestling right out of his mask. Ellering looked happy at ringside as his Road Warriors began their domination and Animal picked up the pin on Mr. Wrestling following a Shoulder-Mounted Su-play! Stage one of the Legion of Doom tonight is complete with a victory. Winners: The Road Warriors Match Time: 9:34 Match Rating: D+ ------ Paul Ellering headed down to the podium where he was met by the Spoiler. They talked off-microphone before Ellering stepped up to the mic. [U][COLOR=RED]Paul Ellering[/U] I know that a member of my Legion of Doom is not happy about the match being signed tonight between the Spoiler and Brett Wayne. I am not going to say why he is unhappy but tonight my Legion of Doom will be united. The only member who is not here is Jake Roberts as he has other commitments to help out the Legion. Let's go to the ring and take care of business, gentlemen.[/COLOR] ------ [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/TheSpoiler3.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/BrettSawyer.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=4]The Spoiler vs. Brett Wayne[/SIZE] The Road Warriors remained at ringside and Buzz Sawyer came out to join the other Legion members, surrounding the ring with the Legion of Doom as Brett Wayne came out to a mild crowd ovation. They definitely prefer him over the Spoiler. As one might expect, the Spoiler dominated from the outset. He focused on the arm of Wayne with some armdrags and armbars. He even walked the tight rope of the top rope but Wayne pulled him off and sent him crashing down to the mat! Wayne maintained a short advantage but the Spoiler came back until he bounced off the ropes and Buzz Sawyer tripped him up! This gave Wayne the opportunity to lock on a Figure 4 Leglock! The Spoiler tried and tried to get out but Wayne with the power of the crowd would not give and the Spoiler had to submit! Winner: Brett Wayne Match Time: 7:35 Match Rating: C The Road Warriors hit the ring immediately and stomped on Wayne, breaking the Figure 4 up! Buzz watched from ringside as the Road Warriors and the Spoiler bloodied up Wayne inside the ring and they motioned for Buzz to come into the ring and help. Buzz tentatively slid inside the ring and looked around for a moment, standing back as the Road Warriors held Brett Wayne out and the Spoiler went to the top turnbuckle! Buzz leapt on top of Wayne just before the Spoiler leaped and the Spoiler landed a knee drop on Buzz Sawyer! The Road Warriors saw that and Paul Ellering motioned them to attack Buzz and he was dropped with a powerslam by Animal and then they motioned for the Doomsday Device! Buzz was lifted onto Animal's shoulders as Hawk went to the top turnbuckle. Hawk leapt and turned Buzz inside out with that flying clothesline! Consider this Buzz being removed from the L.O.D.? ------ [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/TommyRich.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/PatRose.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=4]Tommy Rich vs. Pat Rose[/SIZE] Wildfire Tommy Rich came out for this match against Pat Rose. Gordon Solie and Freddy Miller announced that Rich would be taking on the Iron Sheik at Firestorm. Inside the ring, Rich dominated with his quick style over Pat Rose. The match was cut short though as the Iron Sheik came down and smacked Rich in the back with a loaded boot! The Sheik stood tall over Rich, spitting down on him! Winner: Tommy Rich Match Time: 2:37 Match Rating: D- ------ The attention turned down to the podium where Gordon Solie was standing by with Arn Anderson. [U][COLOR=RED]Gordon Solie[/U] Hello wrestling fans. Right now I am with a man who needs no introduction in Double A Arn Anderson. Arn, last week you were cost a shot at the National Heavyweight Title when you were tossed into the trunk of a car. Obviously you're alright since you're standing here with us tonight. But tell us about just what happened last week.[/COLOR] [U][COLOR=GREEN]Arn Anderson[/U] The way that I see it, Larry Zbyszko hired someone because he didn't want to face me in the National Heavyweight Title Tournament. And I know who that someone is. Assassin, I know you're out there listening to Double A right now and I want you to know that I know you're the one that tugged on Superman's cape. You're the one that messed with an Anderson. And when you mess with an Anderson, you're going to be taken out. At Firestorm, I am challenging you to a match. If you're brave enough or done counting the money that Zbyszko gave you then maybe you'll step inside the ring with me and we can settle this like men. Otherwise, I'm going to have to find you in some alley somewhere and you really won't like the way that turns out.[/COLOR] ------ [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/GreatKabuki2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/MagicDragon.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/BradArmstrong.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/TimHorner.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=4]The Great Kabuki and Magic Dragon vs. The Lightning Express[/SIZE] Is third time a charm? The Great Kabuki is hoping so as he tries to pick up a win here in Georgia for the third time in a row, this time teaming with Magic Dragon to take on Brad Armstrong and Tim Horner, the Lightning Express. Armstrong and Horner lived up to their team name, keeping Kabuki and Dragon off-guard with quick flying moves, including a missle dropkick off the top turnbuckle onto Magic Dragon that got a two count! Gary Hart did NOT look pleased on the outside. Kabuki and Horner were tagged in and Kabuki maintained an advantage over Horner, using a distraction by Gary Hart from outside the ring. Horner turned around and was nailed with a Heart Kick by Kabuki and the pinfall was academic. Winners: The Great Kabuki and Magic Dragon Match Time: 6:14 Match Rating: D- ------ The attention turns down toward the podium where Gordon Solie stands by with the Living Legend Larry Zbyszko. [U][COLOR=RED]Gordon Solie[/U] Larry Zbyszko, may I say first that what you did earlier was appaling. You attacked Paul Orndorff less than a week away from your match at Firestorm. Do you have any excuses for your action?[/COLOR] [U][COLOR=GREEN]Larry Zbyszko[/U] I don't need any excuses, Solie. Who are you to judge me? Have YOU been the National Heavyweight Champion before? I held the gold in my hands before. I know what it feels like to be the Champion and I'll do anything to get it back.[/COLOR] [U][COLOR=RED]Gordon Solie[/U] Does anything include having someone attack and abduct Arn Anderson last week?[/COLOR] [U][COLOR=GREEN]Larry Zbyszko[/U] The guy gets kidnapped and he blames me for it. I'm the convenient guy to blame when there's a bunch of masked wrestlers running around and causing havoc here in Georgia. But I thought we were going to talk about my match with Paul Orndorff at Firestorm.[/COLOR] [U][COLOR=RED]Gordon Solie[/U] So you're saying you had nothing to do with Arn Anderson's abduction last week?[/COLOR] [U][COLOR=GREEN]Larry Zbyszko[/U] What I'm saying is this interview is over.[/COLOR] Larry turns and walks off toward the back. [U][COLOR=RED]Gordon Solie[/U] There you have it, fans. No straight answer from the Living Legend.[/COLOR] ------ [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/RonnieGarvin.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/IronSheik.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=4]Ronnie Garvin vs. The Iron Sheik[/SIZE] A tough main event as two brawlers come into this match. It is announced that at Firestorm, Ronnie Garvin will be taking on Jake Roberts while it was announced earlier that the Iron Sheik's opponent will be Tommy Rich. The Iron Sheik maintained the advantage through the first few minutes of this match, focusing on the back of Garvin and softening him up for that Camel Clutch. Sheik tried to lock it on once but Garvin got to the ropes. A few minutes later, Sheik locked on a Cobra Clutch and the crowd really started to get behind Garvin! Garvin fought back against the Sheik, breaking the hold and bringing Sheik down with a vertical su-play. The Man With The Hands Of Stone got fired up with the crowd and sent the Sheik into the corner, climbing up and delivering rights and lefts down onto the forehead of the Iron Sheik! He turned, dropping down when he saw Jake Roberts enter the ring with a chair! But Garvin was too late to stop him as Roberts sent the chair right into Garvin's abdomen, causing the DQ! Winner: Ronnie Garvin Match Time: 8:42 Match Rating: D+ Following the bell sounding, Jake smacked Garvin over the head with the chair before dropping it on the ground. The Iron Sheik grabbed ahold of Garvin from behind, keeping him from leaving as Roberts positioned the chair perfectly. Roberts looked around as the crowd began cheering as out came Wildfire Tommy Rich! Rich slid into the ring and traded punches with Roberts, getting the better of the exchange while Garvin began fighting back some against the Iron Sheik. Garvin has a bloody forehead but he and Rich fight off the attack of the bad guys and are standing tall at the end! ------ Focus turns toward the podium as Ole Anderson, Stan Hansen and Thunderbolt Patterson walk out for an interview but they are attacked from behind by the two masked men! One of them grabs Hansen's bullrope and chokes him with it while another takes out Thunderbolt's knee! Ole gets Hansen free and begins punching on the smaller masked man when ANOTHER masked man hits Ole from behind! The third masked man turns to Thunderbolt and locks on a Figure 4 Leglock! Thunderbolt screams in pain as Ole and Hansen are stomped to the mat and the show comes to a close with the masked men holding the advantage yet again. TV Rating: 1.85 Overall Rating: D+[/CENTER][/B]

[QUOTE=combatmedic;392440][b]Ronnie Garvin[/b] vs. The Iron Sheik [b]The Great Kabuki and Magic Dragon[/b] vs. The Lightning Express [b]Tommy Rich[/b] vs. Pat Rose The Spoiler vs. [b]Brett Wayne[/b] [b]The Road Warriors[/b] vs. Mr. Wrestling and Mr. Wrestling II [b]Paul Orndorff[/b] vs. Les Thornton [b]The Midnight Express[/b] vs. The Mulkey Brothers[/QUOTE] 7/7! Great job! Maybe I'm making them too easy for you! LOL.

[CENTER][U][SIZE=4]GCW: From Georgia To The World[/SIZE][/U][/CENTER] -Head Owner Jim Barnett is NOT happy about the recent turn of events where these masked men have attacked Ole Anderson, Stan Hansen and Thunderbolt Patterson with the latest attack having Patterson put in the Figure 4! -The Midnight Express have made their debut within Georgia Championship Wrestling. Stan Lane and Bobby Eaton bring a very innovative tag team style to professional wrestling and along with their manager Jim Cornette they look to go far. -Firestorm is coming this Friday night and what a card it should be, headlined by the finals of the National Heavyweight Title Tournament where Larry Zbyszko takes on Paul Orndorff and a 6 man tag match that EVERYONE is looking forward to! -Since the beginning of the month, several wrestlers have refused to come down to Georgia, including: 1.Curt Hennig 2.Davey Boy Smith 3.Dusty Rhodes 4.J.J. Dillon 5.Mike Rotundo 6.Barry Windham 7.Dynamite Kid 8.Tully Blanchard 9.Dory Funk, Jr. Or have they??? -Our last television show got a 1.85 rating with half hour ratings of: 1. 1.86 2. 1.85 3. 1.83 So we are definitely losing some audience there. Hopefully we will be able to find a way to bring them back. -The card for GCW Firestorm should be up soon. Look for it and post your predictions! -BE THERE!

[CENTER][B][COLOR=BLUE]L I V E this Friday night from the Civic Center in Atlanta, Georgia[/B][/COLOR] [B][SIZE=6]GEORGIA CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING PRESENTS GCW FIRESTORM![/SIZE][/B] [U][B][SIZE=4]DOUBLE MAIN EVENT![/SIZE][/B][/U] [QUOTE][B]Finals of the National Heavyweight Title Tournament: Paul Orndorff vs. Larry Zbyszko[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]Ole Anderson, Stan Hansen and Thunderbolt Patterson vs. The Three Masked Men[/B][/QUOTE] [COLOR=BLUE][SIZE=4][B]-PLUS!-[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR] [QUOTE][B]Arn Anderson vs. The Assassin[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]The Rock and Roll Express vs. The Midnight Express[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]Buzz Sawyer and Brett Wayne vs. The Road Warriors[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]King Kong Bundy debuts against Pat Rose[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]Tommy Rich vs. The Iron Sheik[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]Ronnie Garvin vs. Jake Roberts[/B][/QUOTE] [B][COLOR=BLUE]BE THERE![/COLOR][/B] Predictions/Comments/Questions/Concerns Always Appreciated! Guesses on the identities of the Masked Men are being taken as well.[/CENTER]

Finals of the National Heavyweight Title Tournament: Paul Orndorff vs. [b]Larry Zbyszko[/b] Ole Anderson, Stan Hansen and Thunderbolt Patterson vs. [b]The Three Masked Men[/b] [b]Arn Anderson[/b] vs. The Assassin The Rock and Roll Express vs. The Midnight Express [b]Double Countout[/b] Buzz Sawyer and Brett Wayne vs. [b]The Road Warriors[/b] [b]King Kong Bundy[/b] debuts against Pat Rose [b]Tommy Rich[/b] vs. The Iron Sheik Ronnie Garvin vs. [b]Jake Roberts[/b]

[CENTER][B]A video began to play hyping the main event match of Ole Anderson, Stan Hansen and Thunderbolt Patterson against the Three Masked Men! It broke out into the GCW Firestorm logo![/B] [B][SIZE=5]GCW FIRESTORM![/SIZE] Friday, Week 4, April 1983 Civic Center Atlanta, Georgia Attendance: 5,000 [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/RonnieGarvin.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/JakeRoberts2.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=4]Ronnie Garvin vs. Jake Roberts[/SIZE] The show kicked off inside the ring with the Man With The Hands Of Stone taking on the Snake. Jake did not have Paul Ellering there at ringside with him. Quite unusual for this. But it was a great back and forth open match to kick things off. Garvin got in a few punches, Roberts nearly hit his DDT several times. The finish saw Roberts hit a Hotshot on the ropes and then roll up Garvin with his feet on the ropes to steal the victory to boos from the crowd! Winner: Jake Roberts Match Time: 17:23 Match Rating: B- ------ Down at the podium, Gordon Solie was standing by. [U][COLOR=RED]Gordon Solie[/U] Hello wrestling fans, Gordon Solie here. My guest at this time is none other than Buzz Sawyer![/COLOR] The crowd cheered slightly as Buzz walked out and stood beside Gordon Solie. [u][color=red]Gordon Solie[/u] Buzz, the one question on everyone's mind is why you went against the Legion of Doom and saved Brett Wayne. Care to answer that question tonight?[/color] [u][color=green]Buzz Sawyer[/u] Gordon, I don't have to answer to you or to anyone else but tonight I am going to share this information. Brett Wayne? He's my BROTHER! Brett, I know you said how you wanted to make it on your own without the Sawyer name but I couldn't stand by and watch the Legion of Doom attack you. Tonight, we have a tag team match to get some revenge on those guys. Gordon Solie, you're about to see a Mad Dog![/color] ------ [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/TommyRich.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/IronSheik2.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=4]Tommy Rich vs. The Iron Sheik[/SIZE] A very good second match on the card as Wildfire took on the Sheik following their encounter on Georgia Championship Wrestling. The crowd was into it when Rich started with the advantage, focusing on the head and neck area of the Iron Sheik. One cheap move later and the Sheik took the advantage for several minutes, hitting several large backbreakers on Rich, setting him up for the Camel Clutch. The Iron Sheik went for the Clutch but Rich got out the backdoor and began his comeback. The comeback ended with the Bionic Elbow and a pinfall victory for Wildfire! Winner: Tommy Rich Match Time: 13:51 Match Rating: B+ ------ The focus turned back toward the podium where Paul Ellering was standing with the Road Warriors in back of him. [U][COLOR=RED]Paul Ellering[/U] Georgia Championship Wrestling, Paul Ellering here along with the best tag team in Georgia: The Road Warriors! So you decided to let the cat out of the bag, did you, Buzz? Well, that's fine, because my Road Warriors can beat brothers as tag team partners too. Of course you can leave the Civic Center right now and save yourselves from a beating. The choice is yours.[/COLOR] ------ [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/KingKongBundy.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/PatRose.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=4]King Kong Bundy vs. Pat Rose[/SIZE] King Kong Bundy made his debut here in Georgia in a squash against Pat Rose! The cowboy had no chance against the larger man. Bundy avalanched Rose in the corner then bounced off the ropes and hit a Splash for the 3-count to a few cheers from the crowd. Winner: King Kong Bundy Match Time: 4:57 Match Rating: D ------ The crowd cheered as out walked Ole Anderson, Stan Hansen and Thunderbolt Patterson to the podium standing around together. [U][COLOR=RED]Ole Anderson[/U] Tonight is going to be a night of reckoning. It's going to be a night of revenge. It's going to be a night where three men stand tall and say that we're not going to take these invaders out here anymore. It's going to be a night where we unmask those three men and take back OUR National Tag Team Title belts. But it's not going to be a night for talking. Is it, Stan?[/COLOR] [U][COLOR=BLUE]Stan Hansen[/U] No, it isn't, Ole. It's going to be a night for fighting. It's going to be a battle where the Lariat destroys wrestler after wrestler. Then what's going to happen when the match is over, Thunderbolt?[/COLOR] [U][COLOR=GREEN]Thunderbolt Patterson[/U] There's gonna be an unmasking party, daddy![/COLOR] ------ [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/BuzzSawyer.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/BrettSawyer.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/RoadWarriorAnimal.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/RoadWarriorHawk.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=4]The Sawyers vs. The Road Warriors[/SIZE] Paul Ellering walked out with the Road Warriors for this encounter against the Sawyers. Buzz held his own when in the ring but Brett was mostly fodder for the Road Warriors. Hawk hit a flying shoulder tackle on Brett and while Animal kept Mad Dog out of the ring, Hawk made the cover: 1...2...Hawk grabs the tights!...3!! The Road Warriors win! Winners: The Road Warriors Match Time: 5:41 Match Rating: D+ ------ The focus turns back to the podium. [U][COLOR=RED]Gordon Solie[/U] Hello everyone, Gordon Solie here and my guest right now is none other than the Living Legend Larry Zbyszko! Larry, tonight you get a chance to become the National Heavyweight Champion when you take on Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorff. What is going through your mind at this moment?[/COLOR] [U][COLOR=GREEN]Larry Zbyszko[/U] Do you really think that you or any of these peons in this audience in Atlanta could ever comprehend what is going through my mind? Are you kidding me, Gordon? Tonight is the night I get to show each and every one of you idiots out there that I am the smartest wrestler on the face of the planet. Look at what I did to Paul Orndorff last week. I took him apart and this week it's going to be the exact same thing. Tonight I walk into the Civic Center empty-handed but I leave the National Heavyweight Champion.[/COLOR] ------ [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/RickyMorton.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/RobertGibson.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/BobbyEaton.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/StanLane.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=4]The Rock and Roll Express vs. The Midnight Express[/SIZE] Two of the newer younger teams here in Georgia going two on two as the Midnight Express were led to the ring by Jim Cornette while the girls went wild for the Rock and Rollers. An evenly fought contest between the four men with quick tags and double-team moves galore. The difference-maker came when Bobby Eaton distracted the referee, allowing Jim Cornette to hit Robert Gibson with the tennis racket! Eaton kept Morton from getting in the ring and Stan Lane got the pinfall victory! Winners: The Midnight Express Match Time: 10:25 Match Rating: D ------ The focus returns to the podium. [U][COLOR=RED]Freddy Miller[/U] Hello wrestling fans. I'm down here with Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorff. Paul, tonight you get the opportunity to leave the Civic Center with some gold around your waist. Your thoughts heading into this monumental match?[/COLOR] [U][COLOR=GREEN]Paul Orndorff[/U] Freddy, I am focused and ready to go. I have all the wonderful fans behind me here in Atlanta and of course I AM Mr. Wonderful. Larry, you may think that you're smart but you're not wonderful. Tonight, I am going to prove that I can beat you despite my pain and stiffness. You may think you have gotten the upper hand on me, Zbyszko but you haven't seen anything yet.[/COLOR] ------ [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/ArnAnderson.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/TheAssassin.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=4]Arn Anderson vs. The Assassin[/SIZE] This was a revenge match for Double A since the Assassin cost him a shot against Larry Zbyszko in the National Heavyweight Title Tournament. This match had a lot of restholds as it went on and could see both men visibly tiring at around the twelve minute mark when the Assassin held a reverse chinlock on Anderson. Anderson slowly fought his way to his feet and dropped The Assassin with a backdrop but both men lie on the mat. At about a count of three, both men began to stir. At five they were slowly working to their feet. At eight, both men got to their feet and began slugging it out! Anderson ducked a right hand and caught the Assassin with a kick to the gut and just like that it was lights out with an Anderson DDT! Arn made the cover and got the three count! Winner: Arn Anderson Match Time: 15:42 Match Rating: D Following the match, Double A got to his feet and began smacking the Assassin to wake him up! When the Assassin began to stir, Anderson grabbed a microphone and then went back over to the Assassin and locked in that Anderson Step Over Arm Bar! [U][COLOR=RED]Arn Anderson[/U] Once and for all, who paid you to abduct me?[/COLOR] The Assassin screamed out in pain as Arn held the hold even tighter but the Assassin wouldn't budge! Anderson squeezed the hold in tighter and then tighter still, threatening to break the Assassin's arm! [U][COLOR=GREEN]The Assassin[/U] It was Zbyszko! Zbyszko paid me![/COLOR] Arn looked down at the Assassin and tossed the microphone out, pulling him up. Another kick to the gut and an Anderson DDT later and Arn walked angrily out of the ring, leaving the Assassin lying. ------ [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/PaulOrndorff.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/LarryZybszko.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=4]National Heavyweight Title Match! Paul Orndorff vs. Larry Zbyszko[/SIZE] Part one of our dual main events sees Mr. Wonderful taking on the Living Legend for the National Heavyweight Title. A video showcases how both men got to this point with Orndorff having one more match than Zbyszko and also focuses in on Zbyszko's attack on Orndorff last week. Both men slid into the ring and came face-to-face with one another while referee Ronnie West held up the GCW National Heavyweight Title. He backed them into their corners and then called for the bell. The first few minutes of the match was spent with Zbyszko backing out of tieups, using the ropes to get the referee to back Orndorff off. Then Zbyszko went for a tieup and Orndorff backed off, flexing his muscles at Zbyszko while Zbyszko pointed to his mind. Another lockup attempt ended with Orndorff lifting Zbyszko off the mat and pressing him high in the air before dropping him on his back! Zbyszko grabbed his back as he sat up slightly and crawled into the corner, using it as a shield to keep Orndorff back. Orndorff came over anyway and as the referee was backing him up, Zbyszko fired a cheap shot, staggering Orndorff. Zbyszko fired a shot against Orndorff's shoulder and began the next five minutes focusing in on Orndorff's shoulder as he did last week. Orndorff admitted to being stiff and in pain earlier. This makes his shoulder a bullseye target for Zbyszko. Zbyszko locked in an armbar on Orndorff and for the next five minutes, Orndorff cried out his pain as Zbyszko held it in, only breaking the hold to drop a knee onto the arm before going right back to it. Orndorff wouldn't quit, though. He continued to shake his head despite the pain throbbing through his shoulder and arm. Zbyszko finally released the hold and made a symbol showing he is ready for that Shoulderbreaker! He lifted Orndorff up but Orndorff slipped out the back door! He used his good arm to roll up Zbyszko! 1... 2... KICKOUT!! Zbyszko kicked out of the roll-up and Orndorff ducked a quick punch and fired one of his own but it was with the wrong arm and pain quickly shot up the arm of Mr. Wonderful! Arn Anderson came running down to ringside and Zbyszko looked his way, shouting at him that he shouldn't be here! This gave Orndorff time to recuperate and he fired a forearm shot to the back of the Living Legend with his good arm and then whipped him across the ring! Orndorff fired off with a Forearm Clothesline with his good arm and quickly made the cover, wincing in pain as he hooked the leg! 1... 2... 3!!! Paul Orndorff has done it! We have a NEW National Heavyweight Champion! Winner: Paul Orndorff Match Time: 20:19 Match Rating: B- Following the match, Orndorff could only hold up one arm but he used that arm to hold up the National Heavyweight Title belt to thunderous applause from the crowd! He climbed a turnbuckle and held the title belt up to the crowd as Anderson pulled Zbyszko out of the ring and they brawled up the aisle! Orndorff climbed down from the turnbuckle and turned... RUSSIAN SICKLE!!! The NEW National Heavyweight Champion is laid out on his back and standing over him is none other than the Russian Bear Ivan Koloff! Ivan smiles and stares down at the title belt before turning and walking off. What a horrible way to end our first main event! ------ [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/OleAnderson2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/StanHansen.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/ThunderboltPatterson.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/wrestlertemplate.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/wrestlertemplate.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/GCW/wrestlertemplate.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE=4]Ole Anderson, Stan Hansen and Thunderbolt Patterson vs. 3 Masked Men[/SIZE] Ole, Stan and T-Bolt came out first. The three masked men walked out to the podium. [U][COLOR=RED]Masked Man #1[/U] Tonight, Ole, Stan, Thunderbolt, your fate is sealed in the annals of Georgia Championship Wrestling. Prepare to meet your fate in the ring against myself and my two friends. I hope you enjoy.[/COLOR] The masked men charged the ring and a donnybrook broke out! There were bodies flying everywhere and referee Scrappy McGowen just let it go! This is a Georgia Brawl, folks! Stan Hansen took out one of the Masked Men with a Lariat and then went over to help Thunderbolt but took a shot in the gut for his trouble! Once things settled down, it was the Masked Man #1 in the ring with Stan Hansen. Hansen played a little bit of the face-in-peril here as the masked men tagged in and out in their corner, keeping him away from his own corner. The second and third masked man worked on the leg of Hansen with the second latching on a Spinning Toe Hold during the battle only to have it stopped by Ole Anderson! The third masked man whipped Hansen into the corner and Hansen came out with a Lariat that turned the masked man inside out but both men fell to the ground. The crowd got behind Stan Hansen as he crawled toward the corner. He got the tag to Thunderbolt as the first masked man was tagged in! It was another Georgia Brawl as all six men came into the ring with the good guys getting the advantage! The action spilled outside the ring with referee Scrappy McGowen trying to get ahold of everything. While he was distracted with other things, the first masked man got a wooden chair and smashed Thunderbolt Patterson in the head with it! He then set Patterson up in the center of the ring and dropped him with a Piledriver! He quickly made the cover as the referee turned back around: 1... 2... 3!!! The Masked Men have done it! Winners: The Masked Men Match Time: 20:43 Match Rating: B+ The three Masked Men continued their attack on Ole, T-Bolt and Stan Hansen, using chairs into the mix to get the advantage until all three good guys were out on the floor around the ring and the Masked Men stood tall inside the ring to boos and a near-riot from the crowd! The first masked man asked for a microphone and received one. [U][COLOR=RED]Masked Man #1[/U] You have all seen what we can do to the men you call the toughest here in Georgia. The reason we can do it is because two of us here are former NWA World Champions![/COLOR] The first masked man pulls off his mask to reveal... HARLEY RACE!!!! The second masked man unmasks to show... TERRY FUNK!!!! The third masked man unmasks to show... GREG VALENTINE!!!! The crowd is in shock at the Civic Center as all three top NWA wrestlers stand within the center of the ring alligned together. [U][COLOR=RED]Harley Race[/U] The Kings will remain on their thrones tonight and throughout their time in Georgia. Be prepared, Georgia Championship Wrestling and bring us your best because you are looking at the best the NWA has to offer right here.[/COLOR] The show ended on that note as the crowd booed and threw garbage into the ring. What a shocker to end Firestorm! Overall Rating: B-[/B][/CENTER]

[QUOTE=combatmedic;393370]Finals of the National Heavyweight Title Tournament: Paul Orndorff vs. [b]Larry Zbyszko[/b] Ole Anderson, Stan Hansen and Thunderbolt Patterson vs. [b]The Three Masked Men[/b] [b]Arn Anderson[/b] vs. The Assassin The Rock and Roll Express vs. The Midnight Express [b]Double Countout[/b] Buzz Sawyer and Brett Wayne vs. [b]The Road Warriors[/b] [b]King Kong Bundy[/b] debuts against Pat Rose [b]Tommy Rich[/b] vs. The Iron Sheik Ronnie Garvin vs. [b]Jake Roberts[/b][/QUOTE] [QUOTE=combatmedic;394109]Nice show. I am already a fan of the Race/Funk/Valentine trio.[/QUOTE] You went 7-2! That's excellent. Only ones I got you on were the Express battle and the National Title. As you can tell I've got some plans for the National Title. Thanks for the comment about the trio. I was pretty sure everyone would get Terry Funk but the others I played close to the vest.

[CENTER][B][COLOR=BLUE]L I V E this Saturday night from the Civic Center in Atlanta, Georgia and broadcast on TBS[/B][/COLOR] [B][SIZE=6]GEORGIA CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING![/SIZE][/B] [U][B][SIZE=4]DOUBLE MAIN EVENT![/SIZE][/B][/U] [QUOTE][B]Larry Zbyszko and Ivan Koloff vs. Arn Anderson and Paul Orndorff[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]National Tag Team Titles Match: Ole Anderson and Thunderbolt Patterson defend against The Road Warriors[/B][/QUOTE] [COLOR=BLUE][SIZE=4][B]-PLUS!-[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR] [QUOTE][B]Tommy Rich vs. Pez Whatley[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]Bruno Sammartino, Jr. vs. The Iron Sheik[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]Harley Race returns against Mr. Wrestling II![/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]Jake Roberts vs. Joe Lightfoot[/B][/QUOTE] [B][COLOR=BLUE]BE THERE![/COLOR][/B] Predictions/Comments/Questions/Concerns Always Appreciated![/CENTER]

Archived