Scenarios anyone?

OK. So I know it is a bit late in the day for suggestions, so this (unless previously mentioned, or considered by Adam previously) will probably not make it in, but it is my understanding that these threads are also read for any future releases. So, what do I want? I have played sport games before where along with running your own career (in this case, running the promotion, the main game) there were also alternative gaming methods, where you play out scenarios. These should be short term MODs, where you have set goals (similar to owner goals) such as reaching a certain level, getting a certain worker popular, destroying another company, etc, within a certain timeframe, or else you fail, game over, good bye and good luck, or you win, and same again, game over. This is probably covered mainly in the owner goals, but side games where you only have 1 or 2 objectives would be nice where you are rushing to get something done in a time frame, or crying out for time to run out before your fed collapses... hope this makes sense. as a few examples, i remember a football (soccer) management game where you had to get say Dag & Redbridge promoted in 1 season, or win the UEFA cup with Grimsby, then after you did it, or after the time limit, it was game over. if you need a clarification on this, just ask, it is early morning so i probably haven't explained it properly... Cheers, have a good one all

I get what you mean but I don't think scenarios like this really fit into a TEW style game. The closest we've got is the choice of various promotions and the various scenarios/databases that people have created. Each promotion is a different and unique scenario in itself and when you add owner goals into the mix you get a new one each time. If people were to create their own databases and set challenges then this can be done too, but that can be easily done by having a mod state some challenges for you to try. For example, in my Cornellverse 97 mod you would have some challengers like. SWF: Maintain #1 status in the world HGC: Rise to national and compete with the SWF DAVE/RPW/PPPW/XFW: Win the East Coast War CZCW: Survive and thrive AMW: Try not to go bankrupt BHOTWG: Build more top stars and remain the best promotion Japan PGHW: Try to overthrow BHOTWG GCG: Rebuild the roster and try to grow NOTBPW/CGC: Be the more popular wrestling promotion/family OLLIE/MPWF: Try to put each other out of business UCR: Try to succeed in Europe. :) There are lots of challenges and scenarios out there, you just need to know where to look for them.

Archived