Not sure if this has been brought up before. It's something I thought about when working on a database with '07, and was the one downfall I could find with the workers that would come into the game later on. There was no way to really ensure that things would work out certain ways. What I'm thinking is something along the lines of a drop down box with a list of the promotions in the database, that you could select one from. A promotion that that worker would rather work for. Someone like...Triple H, would much rather work for WWE than TNA, as an example. Doesn't matter if TNA ever takes over in their struggle, he'd still much rather be there. New people coming into the game who have ties to current promotions(Family, trainers, coming from their training grounds, whatever), would likely much rather work for those promotions, but as it stands, it would be a race to try and sign them as they came in other feds wanted them. Perhaps like, a month grace period where they would wait to see if the promotion they wanted to go to made an offer(After coming into the world, or leaving a promotion/being fired), and if not, they'd work elsewhere. To ensure that they don't just sit around doing nothing.

Yea, been keeping up with the Dev journal, and loving what I've been seeing. Just got to sitting here tonight writing out ideas and all for something, and got to thinking about the fact that odds are really bad of guys falling into the right places to keep stories going the way they should go. Making guys good enough to actually use(As if they'd been trained pre-entering the world), would pretty much ensure they're snatched up by one of the bigger companies, while that wouldn't always be the case with a way for them to want work in one promotion over another.

[QUOTE=Arrows;408402] Making guys good enough to actually use(As if they'd been trained pre-entering the world), would pretty much ensure they're snatched up by one of the bigger companies, while that wouldn't always be the case with a way for them to want work in one promotion over another.[/QUOTE] Like, say, the Loyalty stat?

[QUOTE=Arrows;408411]Loyalty just means they'll be loyal. Doesn't let you decide to who, and for unemployeed/new workers, don't see how that'd fit.[/QUOTE] Well, take your own example; Trips. Trips is loyal to the E now, in no small part because he's family with the boss, because he has friends there, because he's pushed right. These are all in the game now. When he started, he went to WCW. If you gave him a connection to the WWE as a new worker, he wouldn't have done that. His loyalty to Vince in real life likely exists due to the personal relationships he has and the fact the booking keeps him happy - all of which keeps someone happy in the game. Thing is, in 2005 I'd have called Kurt Angle a WWE company man, considering his interviews, etc. And by the end of 2006, I wouldn't have been wise to do that.

Might be a bit too mechanical but here: [QUOTE][B]#6: Worker \ New Worker Combination[/B] In TEW08, the information that used to be divided into both "Workers" (people who start active) and "New Workers" (characters that become active at a later date) has now been combined into one section. Some of you will probably be thinking that that's not much of a change, but it actually leads to several subtle improvements, especially for mod makers. The first of these improvements is the obvious one, it makes organisation of files much easier. Rather than forcing mod makers to switch between the two groupings and keep them consistent, everything is in one place. Similarly, this means they can all be filtered in one go, there's no more importing from one file to the other, etc, etc. The second improvement helps both the realism of the game and mod makers. As everything is now in the same place, the former New Workers are no longer isolated from the rest of the editor. [B]This means that they can happily given relationships, alter egos, etc.[/B] To take a real world example, if you have a historical database and have Harry Smith appear several years after the game begins, he can now not only come into the game with all his Hart-family relationships in place, he can also be set to correctly turn to the DH Smith moniker if he gets signed by the WWE. Of course, as everyone is now in the same file, [B]you can also correctly set up entire generations of family relationships.[/B] There are no limits on time, so you could end up seeing existing wrestlers' great-great-grandchildren debuting if you wanted to. To answer a question that I'm sure will be asked, the in-game 07-08 converter handles the combining of the two files automatically, including generating the relationships.[/QUOTE] The parts I bolded are the most obvious. There's no such thing as 'favored fed' in reality. Dojo graduates graduate directly onto the parent promotion's roster, by and large. That's not simulated in TEW (though development territories are a ghetto/poor man's way of doing that). AJ Styles might still be Air Styles if he was handled properly. There's nothing to say TNA would've ever been created in Jeff Jarrett was still employed by one of the big two at the time. You can't say WWE is Triple H's favored fed because if he hadn't been employed by WWE, chances are he might've never met/married Steph and if that's the case, he might have wound up like Val Venis or something (especially after the MSG incident). Too many stars have to align just right before any of this happens. The game only sees data, so if you want Triple H to sign with WWE right off the bat, give him a relationship that would facilitate that. With the workers and new workers in the same file, it makes it easier to keep track of stuff like that. If he's a protege of Killer Kowalski (and he is) and Killer Kowalski is employed by WWE (in any capacity), Trips stands a very good chance of landing with WWE.

[QUOTE=Remianen;408413]Might be a bit too mechanical but here: The parts I bolded are the most obvious. There's no such thing as 'favored fed' in reality. Dojo graduates graduate directly onto the parent promotion's roster, by and large. That's not simulated in TEW (though development territories are a ghetto/poor man's way of doing that). AJ Styles might still be Air Styles if he was handled properly. There's nothing to say TNA would've ever been created in Jeff Jarrett was still employed by one of the big two at the time. You can't say WWE is Triple H's favored fed because if he hadn't been employed by WWE, chances are he might've never met/married Steph and if that's the case, he might have wound up like Val Venis or something (especially after the MSG incident). Too many stars have to align just right before any of this happens. The game only sees data, so if you want Triple H to sign with WWE right off the bat, give him a relationship that would facilitate that. With the workers and new workers in the same file, it makes it easier to keep track of stuff like that. If he's a protege of Killer Kowalski (and he is) and Killer Kowalski is employed by WWE (in any capacity), Trips stands a very good chance of landing with WWE.[/QUOTE] Didn't know relationships actually had any kind of impact on such things. Interesting. Figured they'd make people happier while in the same promotion, but not increase the odds of them going there. Yea, that actually handles my problem.

Archived