Questions about the Conversion

Well, as we all know you can convert TEW 07 databases to TEW 08, but I have two concerns in terms of length of time to get 07 databases up to scratch. 1. I know in terms of Australian overness I will have to put that in myself, but what about the new regions of the US, UK and Europe, will someone with overness all over the US have popularity in Hawaii as well, or will we have to go into every top American file and change it so they do? It would be quite a pain to do that AND give overness to all of the UK/Europe guys who need it as well. 2. Race. I know White, Black, American Indian, Middle Eastern, Pacific Islander and Other I'll have to set myself (oh man...) but I take it that if their nationality is already Japanse then their race will be set as Asian, and the same for Mexico and Hispanic? It seems obvious, I know, but I just want to make sure that my task of setting every black guy's race is at least not so bad if all the Japanese and Mexican workers are done. This is all for a bit of peace of mind before the pre-release editor arrives.

[QUOTE=Cold Cobra;408664]Well, as we all know you can convert TEW 07 databases to TEW 08, but I have two concerns in terms of length of time to get 07 databases up to scratch. 1. I know in terms of Australian overness I will have to put that in myself, but what about the new regions of the US, UK and Europe, will someone with overness all over the US have popularity in Hawaii as well, or will we have to go into every top American file and change it so they do? It would be quite a pain to do that AND give overness to all of the UK/Europe guys who need it as well.[/QUOTE] The game automatically spills overness into other regions, when the game begins. I don't know the "exact" statistic's, or where it spills from, but I do know that it makes scense... Example, US popularity spills into Canada and Mexico. Great Lakes spills into New England and parts of Canada... So the quick answer is "No", you don't have to fill in any of the popularity for the new area'. Unless of course you man is from Hawaii or something, and needs to have his biggest overness in that region. [QUOTE=Cold Cobra;408664]2. Race. I know White, Black, American Indian, Middle Eastern, Pacific Islander and Other I'll have to set myself (oh man...) but I take it that if their nationality is already Japanse then their race will be set as Asian, and the same for Mexico and Hispanic? It seems obvious, I know, but I just want to make sure that my task of setting every black guy's race is at least not so bad if all the Japanese and Mexican workers are done. This is all for a bit of peace of mind before the pre-release editor arrives.[/QUOTE]That I can't answer with 100% accuracy, but If I were a betting man, it will be a smooth transition without any problems. I can say I'm about 99% sure on this, however since I haven't seen it or heard from someone that has (hint/hint), I can't say 100% on this. Adam always seems to be thinking of how the older versions will translate into the new ones... So far, I've not seen problems, and I don't expect them to start now. He already said you could take a game set up for 07, convert it to 08, and be able to play effectively.

Archived