New Wrestling Spirit Screenshots

I'll answer a few questions in advance, shall I? ;) [U]Wolf Hawkins screen [/U] * For those wondering, KK from the .400 boards has very kindly allowed me to distribute his picture packs with WreSpi, hence the use of the Wolf Hawkins picture. * The version refers to which contract you are viewing. It will automatically start on the right contract if you view him via a promotional-specific page. * Honours is a list of titles that he holds \ has held, and also any positions of power he has. Hawkins, as a rookie, doesn't have any currently. * "Recent Headlines" goes through your mail box and displays the headings of any new stories that involved this worker. This is a good way to see what has happened to him recently, such as hirings and firings. * "Scout" is a pop-up window in which your mentor will analyze this worker and give you advice on how to fight him. [U]Backstage Screen[/U] * You visit this screen before any event that you are in attendance for. * There is no punishment for not talking to people, so you do not have to go around all 8 people. * It's not always wrestlers, referees, managers, road agents, etc, can all be in the locker room. * "Recap" shows a listing of the night's card [U]Promotion Profile Screen[/U] * Clicking on a member of the roster automatically loads their profile screen. * Clicking a title automatically loads the title profile screen. * "Schedule" can either be Normal (monthly or weekly events with additional TV shows) or Touring (1-4 shows a week, every week, with certain months set to being either On Tour or Off Tour, with additional TV shows. When not on tour, the promotion is essentially inactive - to simulate Japanese promotions mainly.)

Numbers only, for two reasons. Firstly, there's too many stats to have bars for, otherwise the entire screen would be covered. Secondly, in TEW you needed a quick overview because you were generally looking through large lists of people and just wanted a general idea of who was good. You would never need to do that in WreSpi, so just having specific stats works much better.

I think people who liked the Original Data in TEW will really get a kick out of some of the stuff that's been done to it for WreSpi. I've specifically tried to keep the amount of changes consistent with the amount of time (1 year) that's elapsed since TEW, so there isn't so many changes that you won't recognise the world, but there are enough that the world has noticeably moved on.

[QUOTE=Unright]The comment in the Notes field "A Middleweight American wrestler, he was born..." Is that a stock description for everyone much like the one for wrestlers in EWR?[/QUOTE] It is an automatically generated piece of text, which is based on the worker's statistics, sort of an "auto-overview".

Looking around, I see that there are still different promotion types. I assume that different types of promotions will sign different types of wrestlers to them. Any word on that? And also, will there be any new promotions in the game? Even though there are plenty around, I'd love to see some more little ones around. I know they'd besically be indies, but it would be good to have a lot of small promotions for the rookies to go to, especially if you really do start out as a pretty poor rookie. And lastly, great to see Wolf doing well. He's always one of my favourite signings in TEW (usually either tagging/feuding with Valentine). Nice bio. Have to say I'm looking forward to seeing how much the world has changed in the game. Methinks I know too much about the TEW one already..... this is just gonna make me worse. Derek B

[QUOTE]Looking around, I see that there are still different promotion types. I assume that different types of promotions will sign different types of wrestlers to them. Any word on that?[/QUOTE] Yes, that is correct. [QUOTE]And also, will there be any new promotions in the game? Even though there are plenty around, I'd love to see some more little ones around. I know they'd besically be indies, but it would be good to have a lot of small promotions for the rookies to go to, especially if you really do start out as a pretty poor rookie.[/QUOTE] There's one new promotion, in Europe. I have no plans to add any more feds anywhere else just yet, as I don't think there's enough workers to realistically support more without over-saturation happening.

Nope, but the original Elemental has come out of retirement for a while for some dream bouts in BHOTWG. Wolf Hawkins' overness is actually wrong in that screen shot BTW, I forgot to update it. He's actually around 50 overnes, as he is now teaming with Stevie Grayson as the midcard team "Youth Gone Wild" on a regular basis.

Archived