Does anyone still care?

Over the course of the last 2-3 months I've sent emails and made posts on my issue with BBCF not working. I emailed Arlie like he told me to do then he ignored me. I sent in an issue through the main page, still nothing. The game will not work at all yet there seems to be no concern for this. I'm not the only one with this problem either. There has been quite a few in the support forum which is obviously not monitored anymore. All I want is the game to work and if that can't be done a refund. I don't want to have to continue with my complaint with the Better Business Bureau but if you don't want to make good on your product I will have to do that. Hopefully this won't just get locked and deleted and maybe this will get someone to actually do some work and help people like they are supposed to with my money.

I can only speak for myself, but any problems that I have encountered here with any of the games have been dealt with in a timely fashion. I don't know what your particular problem is but from my experience it probably something on your end that is the root cause of it. I have 3-4 titles that are programmed by the guys here. Including BBCF. I have had nothing but good experiences with them. And with the management here. My suggestion is to try again. :cool:

I have to say, I have always had good experiences here as well. As far as the post count.... He posted 6 times about it over a 4 week period. Looks like that is when he sent his email....then posted again a month later...and now (another month down the road). Seems reasonable and not overly aggresive. That said, we are not seeing the other side and what attempts/ requests have been made to try to help.

I had asked with your original post, which email address had you sent your request too, you said the one on the main page, however I never received any email. I checked through my entire inbox, and all my sent and deleted messages from this year, and I still haven't received anything from your email address. (The tech support emails should go to me) If you'd like to try again send your email to scott at the company web site name all one word (just trying to avoid the continuing avalanche of spam)) You were able to successfully use the game for a while before this issue cropped up, which seemed to occur about the time you moved to Vista as your operating system. Does it always occur with every new game you create? Is it something that you know that if you do exactly "X-Y-Z" it'll crash.

Moved this to tech support. I've posted two responses on your threads and never heard back: Post 1: [url]http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=368355&postcount=6[/url] [quote]Sounds like a control may not be properly registered. There's an install log that would be helpful and shows which controls were installed. it's in the folder where the game is installed.[/quote] Post 2: [url]http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=372567&postcount=7[/url] [quote]The difficulty here is because the enormous set of PC configurations, it's difficult for us to give everyone a "quick fix" for all errors. With few exceptions, we have gotten people working eventually on running this game. A runtime error 1004 can be numerous things and we have run into it before. Here are the usual culprits: 1. Incorrect version of JET or MDAC that causes a control to not have the proper calls used by BBCF for updating the database. - we have tech support links to download both control sites on our site in the downloads area. 2. One of the DLLs or OCXs that are in the installation package does not get properly registered. You can see a list of all DLLs and OCXs in your install log in the folder for BBCF It could also be things like the PC not having admin rights when installing, different hard drive configurations (ie, having split Windows folders) and a host of other issues. We try and give as much help as we can, but a specific PC configuration that few people have is a much tougher problem for us because there's nothing inheirant to the game we can verify. Moving forward, if you could send me (arlie@greydogsoftware.com) or scott (scott@greydogsoftware) your install.log file, we can also see if any specific control has issues. Finally, we do offer a free, time unlimited demo that people can install and play. We also give the ability to continue any career started with the demo with the purchased version. So, if you have had issues in the past, we highly recommend installing the demo and playing the first season prior to purchasing.[/quote] I checked my email and still no install log. Scott has yet to receive one as well. We would love to help you out - and here's how we can do it: 1. Send your install.log file to [email]arlie@greydogsoftware.com[/email] and [email]scott@greydogsoftware.com[/email]. 2. Tell us what exactly causes the issue (start a new game, load game, load a mod) and what the error message is. When we get answers to those two items, we can take actions to help you. We have helped many people that have posted with issues because they work with us. Usually, the main post is on the forum and we got to email with specific files/OS info to ensure it works. We'd love to do that with your case if you would get us some actual feedback on the error.

Archived