WCW 1998: A prequel to "Death of WCW"

Arn Anderson takes me back to when I was a kid. Bowls of Rhubarb Pie on the window sill, cows mooing in the background, father was a jet pilot in Nam they say he made a mistake but the stink of it is my dad was a damn good pilot, beat up Ford Cortina with skin peeling vinyl seats, Otis Redding on the record player (my mother would play it all the time), and TopGun. Oh, and for real Arn Anderson going to town, and when Arn was in the ring every move had meaning. When Arn cut an interview, every word had meaning. Everything told a story. Many others have come along and been dubbed 'enforcers', but fair dinkum son, if you knew you were going to take a beating from the Horsemen enforcer you were half scared to think the threats of body bags may become reality. I'd imagine if Goose had have graduated and gone to the Richmond Coliseum he would have marked out as a hardcore Double A fan.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/pwinsider-logo.gif[/IMG] [SIZE="5"][B]Bischoff Uneasy About Being Kept in the Dark[/B][/SIZE] By PWInsider.com journalist Ivano Humpha[/CENTER] Last Thursday's surprise ending to Thunder was indeed, a surprise booking, according to various WCW's insiders. It is understood that Eric Bischoff was not in on the 'swerve' to put 'The Enforcer' Arn Anderson alongside him as co-manager of WCW. It is also understood that he is surprised that such a move took place on Thunder and not on Nitro. "He knew with like ten minutes before going on," the wrestler commented. "I think it was Mark Daniels' way of getting back at Eric for a period where WCW often went to air without a cemented schedule, with him making changes dependent on what was happening on RAW is WAR... [It's fair to say] he wasn't entirely happy with what happened, and he is beginning to think his WCW is being changed far beyond what needed to happen." Head of Creative Mark Daniels, who ultimately came up with the decision is understood to have had Anderson in mind for this role since Souled Out, but did not dare share the decision. It's understood he wanted Bischoff to express some of his real emotions on camera and thus made the decision to inform him only ten minutes before through a creative delegate to spur on the emotion charged dispute at the end of Thunder. It is also understood that Arn Anderson had only a few select quotes scripted for him, and the rest was to come off his own back. Daniels is known to be a massive fan of the Enforcer, but despite this he is unlikely to allow the Four Horsemen to reform in WCW.

I like what your doing with not putting Bischoff in the loop, kinda like what I was doing with parts of my diary. I've been really busy this week, but slowly working on my PPV so stay tuned:) After another busy weekend we'll see if I can finish. Arn Anderson is actually somewhat before my time. I mean, even with the Horsemen I've only seen videos and stuff. Anderson is one of those guys who if you just see him from afar like through videos you might not get the entire talent and charisma factor he really had. ANYWAYS... Keep up the good work, and take as much power away from Bischoff as possible:)

[QUOTE=mikeyg32118;473150]I like what your doing with not putting Bischoff in the loop, kinda like what I was doing with parts of my diary. I've been really busy this week, but slowly working on my PPV so stay tuned:) After another busy weekend we'll see if I can finish. Arn Anderson is actually somewhat before my time. I mean, even with the Horsemen I've only seen videos and stuff. Anderson is one of those guys who if you just see him from afar like through videos you might not get the entire talent and charisma factor he really had. ANYWAYS... Keep up the good work, and take as much power away from Bischoff as possible:)[/QUOTE] Ahh man... Double A was the shiz. Man, just go onto Youtube and get the moment when the Four Horsemen reformed in 1998. Ric Flair, Bischoff, Arn Anderson... it's a moment to remember. But as a wrestler, he was the master of the 80's and early 90's wrestling, when everything he did had meaning. Everything Arn did in the ring had meaning, it has a story. It's great watching that period in WCW or NWA when matches were of a decent length and everything was designed for a reason. A simple clubbing blow, or an elbow drop was scientific. The WWF was giving it away as 'sports entertainment', but NWA and WCW of the time tried to keep some form of kayfabe even with their matches. It's uncanny watching him do not a lot, but have fans fired up like there's no tomorrow. They're buying it, every one of them is buying it, he's got them all in the palm of his hand. Brilliant athlete? No, not particularly. Amazing professional wrestler, one of the very best. "Be careful what you wish for"... if WCW 1998 didn't squash the Four Horsemen post that Nitro, it's my belief WCW still lives. [QUOTE=G-Prime;473151]Double-A is back! Awesome, it's just not a Tristram dynasty without the Enforcer.[/QUOTE] Well that's the muff right there, I really appreciate support from the master of disaster.

[QUOTE=The Ego;473259]i had to return to these boards to give my buddy here the mega thumbs up. AA is back, the guy is simply a "Unit". Tristram, bud you exceed your self.[/QUOTE] Thanks mate, everyone knows my love for AA so... all I can say is, oh and more, much more than this, I did it my way.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/uncensor.gif[/IMG][SIZE="6"][B] WCW Uncensored Live and Exclusive to Pay-Per-View Live from Caesars Palace, Las Vegas, Nevada Attendence: 17,000[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] [QUOTE][U]Video - Recapping: Sting v Nash for the WCW Heavyweight Championship[/U] "The truth of the matter is Gene, I made that challenge in vein. The truth of the matter is Gene is that Sting knows the writing is on the walls. Look at the man at the soles of my feet, Gene. This is Wrath, a true powerhouse in his own right. This man is a future superstar, Gene. And tonight, for the first time in his life, he is flat on his back with no idea where he is..." As he says this, two EMT's get into the ring to check on the neck of Wrath. "But where does it all end, Sting? People call you the solitary warrior of WCW, but how many more do I destroy for you to show some courage and tenacity. That's right, how many more do I have to destroy before you come down from the rafters and wrestle me, like a real man. What would grab your attention Sting? Do I have to start beating up members of the crowd? Or do I have to do this...?" Nash grabs Gene by the throat, before thrusting the diminutive commentator between his legs and dropping him with a vicious Jack-Knife Powerbomb. Nash looks on with intent over the fallen prey of Okerlund, and Wrath, as EMT's come to attend both men. ................. Sting picked up his baseball and pointed into the camera lens at ringside... He then dropped the bat, and headed to camera lens and uttered... "Nash..." as he nodded and smiled... "I accept condemn you to misery, courtesy of Sting...judge..jury...executioner..." WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! ................ "SCORPION DEATH DROP ON BAGWELL! Nash counts...1.....2...... Come on, count! Count damn it, count!" "This is a travesty!" "Sting is now arguing with Kevin Nash... inside cradle roll up from Bagwell...123! MY GOD! I've never seen such a quick count! Kevin Nash has robbed Sting!" [later] "Sting's pointing the bat at Nash!" "Come on daddah, nail 'em Sssstinnger!" "He's dropped the bat. Nash, you got lucky...wait...wa...wait, STINGER SPLASH! STINGER SPLASH! Nash is down, and Sting is standing above. Fans we are out of time, my god!" ........... "Ahh Sting... You know, it's going to be toooo sweeeeet when I drop that punk on his neck and snap him in half with the Jackknife. Eric, I'm telling you, at Uncensored... He's going to find out that size matters." [later] "It's pandamonium! Absolute pandamonium. Oh my, look at the top of the ramp, it's Sting and Nash going at it! Sting..St..St.. Sting just whipped KEVIN NASH TO HELL RIGHT THROUGH THE NITRO ENTRANCE!" .............. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Tonight: Vengeance becomes the centre of Valour[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE] [CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]WCW Cruiserweight Championship Rey Mysterio Jr (c) v Eddie Guerrero[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] These two guys have been putting on showcase after showcase after showcase. They are virtually inseperable, and it is a struck match between them either way to define who the greatest cruiserweight in the world right now is. What an epic start to Uncensored, a Pay-Per-View usually nonsensed with nonsensical, dulisionary stipulations that detract from the meaning of the feud. It was as if tonight they stepped up their already frenetic feud to fever pitch pace. The road agents in the back were cowering, were we burning them out too early? Would the crowd be able to rejuvenate for the main event? Slow it down they all echoed, but the head booker Daniels told them to persist. HE knew a five star match when he saw one. Guerrero and Mysterio Jr could both benefit from a five star match. After a suicide plancha to the outside, they did slow it down, but instead brought something a little different to recent cruiserweight matches. Brawling, and using the ring outside to their advantage. Both men spent time going face first into the ring post, and Rey spectacular was thrown body first into the steel steps smashing them apart. Eddie then applied a vicious ankle lock, with the weight of the steps over the prone knee. Rey was in all sorts, protecting a knee that had been reconstructed. This was the beauty of this match, rare cruiserweight psychology. Back in the ring it went, with Rey limping miserably. Eddie was able to dampen the mood by slowing it down a touch. It was in his best interests to wear Rey down, the much smaller competitor with a series of power moves. Vertical suplex's, shoulder breakers, tilter whirl slams, allowing Rey very little time to stay set on his feet and build up momentum. Eddie then continued to wrench at the limp knee, using a variety of holds. Finally he put Rey into a Surfboard, and had it executed perfectly. But Rey was able to somehow spring forward his right boot and get it on the rope. With Eddie complaining to referee Silverman Rey got back to his feet and tried to go toe to toe with Eddie, but Eddie was much stronger and sent Rey over the top with a vicious right hand. Eddie followed him to the outside, and sent him into the steel guardrail. Back into the ring, he took Rey up... but Rey grabbed hold of the head and turned a brainbuster into a vicious DDT! Eddie was stunned....1.....2....3.....4....5.....6.....7.....8... both men slowly to their feet. Rights from Eddie, lefts from Rey, rights from Eddie, lefts from Rey, Eddie was tiring, Rey ducked a left and then hit a stunning kick to the back of the skull. Eddie went down fast. Rey picked him and sent him into the ropes, leapfrog once, leapfrog twice, arm drag takedown on the fly third time around! Eddie slowly back up, Rey running on the adrenalin of the crowd... SPRINGBOARD HURRICANRANA! 1.....2......3! Rey retains! [SIZE="4"][CENTER][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via pinfall, and STILL WCW Cruiserweight Champion, Rey Mysterio Jr[/CENTER][/SIZE] "What a great match," Schiavone blurted out. "Those hameneggers nearly killed one another," Heenan retorted. "It was a Mexican classic guys, these luchadores and super juniors that WCW has assembled are blowing away the parameters of professional wrestling," the ever knowledgable Tenay added. Rey Mysterio stood above Eddie, holding aloft his Championship. He dropped to his knees in disbelief. As he went to leave the ring he turned, and put his right hand out to shake the right hand of Eddie Guerrero. "Look at this! What a great moment!" But Eddie just stood there, looking seriously angered, and refused to shake Rey's hand, instead shaking his head and leaving, leaving the WCW Cruiserweight Champion dumbfounded. "What a lack of respect on the behalf of Eddie Guerrero guys," Tenay commented. Tonight's special guest interview, 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan, who is in 'Mean' Gene Okerlund's place as he looked to recover from the heinous attack from 'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash walked around ringside... USA! USA! USA! The crowd chanted wildly for the weary veteran. He went towards the Flock, and the leader Raven stood up from his seat and walked forward in his Dinosaur Jr black t-shirt. "Tough guy, tonight you have to face up to Bill Goldberg. A man who by god has not been beaten. What do you have to say, tough guy?" "Tough guy? Where's Gene? He didn't have the heart to show tonight, did he? A vicious attack, and he goes back to his cage. I've been taking attacks like that all my life, and probably will till the day I die. It's like strikes on my best post as a scout of honour. Every attack I enjoy, I live for it. Tonight is no exception, tonight I have a man that many claim to be the toughest professional wrestler yet. The new prototype. And they say tonight I will feel pain. I've been feeling pain for all my life, I've been feeling depravity, desperation, hunger, loneliness. I've had to sacrifice my integrity more times than I could count. But I always survived Duggan, always. Why? Because I learned to accept the ramifications of pain, and enjoy it. I love the taste of it. And tonight will be absolutely no different. But the times I have suffered pain, I have always been victorious one way or the other. They say the streak is unstoppable, but I have the great equaliser sitting behind me, not only do I have an unquenshable thirst for pain and a desperation to feel it and inflict it, but I have the Flock waiting to do whatever is necessary, because tonight... Raven Rules. So it is written, so it shall come to pass, quoth the Raven...Nevermore!" [CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]WCW Television Championship 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko (c) v 'Lord' Steven Regal v Stevie Ray[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] A fatal three way for the coveted Television Championship. Of late, Malenko has been on a real roll, but Regal has made many many comments about how he would take the championship away from him. Tonight was the opportunity of a lifetime - put up, or shut up. Stevie Ray is of course the former Champion, and he would not go down without a fight. He did not accept defeat. Coming from the badstreets he probably didn't know the meaning of the word. Malenko would have to pull out all the stops. He had the unfashionable brawler in Stevie Ray, and he had the southpaw street wise technician in Steven Regal. There were a number of close pinning combinations, but at every turn the third party was able to make the save. And this became the scary predicament for Malenko. All of a sudden he realised he did not have to be pinned to lose this championship. And thus he could afford to sit by and allow things to dictate themselves. As much as he would like to sit back and watch the two brawlers slug each other to death, it wasn't feasible. And thus the brawls were wild, and frenetic, and the points of attack changed dramatically. No man trusted the other, no man was safe. After a fierce brawl, Malenko though put the Texas Cloverleaf on Stevie Ray! Stevie Ray's head was shaking, he wanted to give up, but he just wouldn't just yet. Where was the great equaliser? Where was the third man? The referee was intently watching Stevie Ray... BANG! Steven Regal just hit Malenko, who went down on the mat. What? Why isn't he moving? Regal..what's he putting into his tights? That's a set of brass knucks! Stevie Ray looked up, Regal smiled and laughed... Ray tried to kick out, but Steven Regal caught his boot.... REGAL STRETCH! Stevie Ray was again in misery! But the third man wasn't there to make the save! He had to tap! [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via submission, and NEW WCW Television Champion, Steven Regal[/SIZE][/CENTER] The referee gave Regal the belt, with both men down. Malenko got up to his knees, and then began to realise he had lost without being beaten. And furthermore with blood coming down his face, he knew he'd been taken out illegally. Dean Malenko got up and got in the face of Steven Regal, who turned around to walk away, but Malenko turned him back and Regal smashed the Championship belt in Malenko's face! "This is disgusting, Steven Regal has torn apart the traditions of this belt. The traditions of the honour of the best man wins." "Stevie Ray submitted didn't he Tony? He just played the game smarter." GOLDBERG! GOLDBERG! GOLDBERG! GOLDBERG! We heard the music and the chants as we headed to the back, to see Goldberg head butt the blue locker room and make the long march to the ring area with LVPD in hot pursuit. He got through the gorilla position.. GOLDBERG GOLDBERG The pyros went off, he was all steamed up as he burst through with two left and right power thrusts. [CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]Raven's Rules Raven v Bill Goldberg[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Raven smiled with glea as Goldberg hit the ring. Lodi held up a sign "Ravens Rules Aren't for Wimps like Goldberg". Bill Goldberg was intense, and fired up. But Raven slowed him down by escaping the sanctity of the ring, but Bill Goldberg initially showed no intention to join him. However, when Raven sat at ringside on a steel chair waiting, Goldberg had no choice. This was Raven's Rules, no count outs. This was Raven's domain, fighting and slugging it out outside the ring. Lodi had brought down a trolley full of weapons, and the first one was a kendo stick which went to the head of Goldberg. But Goldberg shook it off, but not a second one. The second hit and hit hard. "Look Tony, they've got everything but the kitchen sin.. Oh wait on.." Yep, even a kitchen sink. Lodi held up as Raven looked to irish whip Goldberg into it, but Goldberg reversed it, and Raven went headfirst into it! Goldberg then grabbed out a trash can and put it on Lodi's head, standing side kick to the trash can! Kidman over the top of the guardrail, caught by Goldberg... POWER SLAM! Here comes Reese, standing side kick floors him. And Hugh Morrus now, rights and lefts, and this allows Raven to grab Goldberg from behind and whip him into the steel guardrail. At all costs, the Flock had done the trick. Raven then went for a chokehold from behind, grabbing a TV camera cord to accentuate the pain and restrict the flow of blood. "THEY'RE GONNA KILL HIM!" "He's unkillable though, this is Goldberg!" Goldberg was in a world of pain, it was consuming him the environment of Raven's Rules. It was tempestuous. Raven finally relented, but then went back to it again only this time ripping at the nasal cavity's of Goldberg! Goldberg was grimmacing, it was not a pretty look. There goes his modelling career. Raven went for another kendo stick, but this allowed Goldberg to get up, and start to fight back. Goldberg picked Raven up... GORILLA PRESS BACK INTO THE RING! He took with him a steel chair and slid it into the ring. Raven slowly back up went for the chair, and went to smash Goldberg in the head but Goldberg drop kicked through the chair into the head of Raven! What a move. And now... AN EVENFLOW DDT ONTO THE CHAIR FROM GOLDBERG! Reese pulled Raven from the ring as Goldberg lined up... SPEAR ON REESE! Kidman to the top rope... caught again by Goldberg... DEATH VALLEY DRIVER FROM GOLDBERG! Raven took Kidman and threw him to the outside effectively ten pin bowling Hugh Morrus. Raven looked to leave the ringside area, but Goldberg chased after him and pulled him back in! The two men went toe for toe, but then Raven from nowhere dropped Goldberg onto the steel chair with an EVENFLOW DDT! 1....2.......thr...NO! Goldberg got his boot up. Again Raven picked up Goldberg, sent him into the ropes, and accidentally he bumped referee Mickey Jay... with the distraction this allowed Raven to grab Goldberg by the head and race to the corner... it was a cross between a TORNADO DDT AND AN EVENFLOW! Goldberg is surely out. He landed again on the chair. Raven demands the referee count. But he's out. Lodi back into the ring grabs Mickey Jay and wakes him up. He moves over for a slow count...1............2............thr...NO! Goldberg kicked out. Raven was beside himself. He sent Goldberg into the ropes, shoulder block attempt by Raven blocked by Goldberg. Raven was in shock. Raven tried it again but Goldberg reversed it! SPEAR! SPEAR! Got him good! Here comes Lodi... SPEAR! Kidman back in... SPEAR! Hugh Morrus runs in, drop toe hold into the chair! Goldberg signals it's time... up goes Raven... JACKHAMMER! 1...2...3! [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via pinfall, Bill Goldberg[/SIZE][/CENTER] Our camera's go close up on Raven, who is lying on his back in the middle of the ring with his Flock decapitated all around him. However, the familiar smile is etched on his face. Goldberg looks at him, and realises he is mad, shakes his head and leaves with the crowd chanting in his favour. "That hamenegger is going to become the greatest professional wrestler of all time guys.." "Maybe so Bobby, but don't take anything away from Raven, have you ever seen a man smile from the Jackhammer? And what's more, who knows, he may have even beaten Bill Goldberg if the referee had not been knocked out prior to that amazing move by Raven," Tenay adds. [CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]'The Total Package' Lex Luger v 'Hollywood' Hulk Hogan[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] These two had battled at Road Wild 1997, Luger went in as the WCW World Heavyweight Champion and was on a crest of an unbelievable high in terms of popularity and momentum. But the nWo had that all crushed with Dennis Rodman, as a fake Sting coming into give Hogan the assist. It was one of those inevitable disappointments that probably had to happen to develop the Sting-Hogan feud, that again seemed condemned to culminate disappointing with what happened at Starrcade 1997, the supposed granddaddy of them all. So the tension here has been on the crusp of a wave for a long time. It's just taken them a while to get here for whatever reason. Between them there is 30-40 years experience. So this was not going to be a high rolling match, it was going to be one with lots of fists, lots of rakes, lots of chain wrestling, but few high tempo moves. This was a chance for Luger to claim vengeance, and a chance for Hogan to reinvent himself following his demolition at the hands of the new superstar of professional wrestling, Sting. Both men just worked each other, it was like watching a heel on heel match. No respect. No love lost. Utter condemnation for each other. They are the polar opposites, a do gooder face, and an evil no good heel. Luger was really thrusting hard, and seemed to be coming home strong with a series of bionic elbows! Hogan was stunned, but then came the probable low blow... Luger was doubled over. Hogan back up... Atomic Drop to accentutate the middrift pain. Hogan sent Luger into the ropes... BIG BOOT! He waves his hand to his ear... BOO BOO The crowd are not fans of Hogan... well here it is anyway, LEG DROP OF DOOM! 1...2...3! [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via pinfall, Hollywood Hulk Hogan[/SIZE][/CENTER] Hogan poses for the fans, who are less than impressed. To the left side of the ring he goes, and gets an enormous round of boos. As he practices to see is his hearing aid is working, we cut to the back where 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan is with 'The Enforcer' Arn Anderson. "Tough guy, Arn Anderson, thank god you are back! For the red blue and white, the stars and stripes, and all the good intentions of this country, thank god you are back to save us," Duggan says with a big thumbs up. "Tonight I understand you have a special announcement for the Chris Jericho and Chris Benoit match." "That's right Jim, as I've said before, the people wanted me back, well I'm back, but sometimes you have to be careful for what you ask for. You see, tonight I'm putting my good friend's career on the line. You see, I believe in Chris Benoit so much, I'm willing to put Ric Flair's career on the line. Some times you have to make hard decisions, but this one is simple. Tonight, Benoit and Jericho, if Benoit wins, Ric Flair is reinstated. If Chris Jericho wins, well, Ric, it's outta my hands. That's the best I could do pal, but I believe. I believe that Chris Benoit is iconic of what we all know to be the best pursuit, if you can read between the lines." "Tough guy, that is an amazing annou.." "But wait, there's more. Ring now, and the winner will also receive a United States Championship shot at Spring Stampede. Be careful what you ask for Jericho, because as I see it you've now to walk the aisle against a man who's got the career of his beloved mentor, and the fabled United States Championship in his sights. You see Jericho, and this stands true to you too Eric Bischoff, as I see it the war has only just begun. There's a whole lot of vengeance this organisation has to go through to find redemption. And it's only just begun, you're about to find out that the WCW locker room is not a bunch of nice guys who go around wearing white hats, as of now there's a change in policy. You take one of our guys out, we send two of yours to hospital." "I like it Arn.." "Well, I don't mean to toot my own horn, but toot toot. The war has just commenced!" [CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart v Scott Hall[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] This feud has been sensationalised chronic. Both men are former WWF men, and both have a vested interest to end each other's careers. You see, to Bret Hart, Scott Hall represents everything that is inheritently wrong about this organisation. And indeed the old organisation. He sees him as a man not true to his word who would rather do staged deals than deal with his problems like a man. And Hall sees Hart as a threat to all those priveledges he holds dear in the nWo. Bret Hart doesn't know how to put on a bad bout, and this was no exception. Hall was staged and slow and canny, but Hart brought a semblence of reality to it all. Much like Arn Anderson, everything Hart does is methodical and well thought out. And it rubs off on his opponents for the night, and together they found a good pace, slow at times, hot at other times. Slow when Hall got on top as he used a variety of heel moves to heat the crowd, fast whe Hart tried to fight his way back into the match. Hall seemed to be on his game tonight. And so he should be, given only a month ago he was challenging for the World Heavyweight Championship, and still remains very close to that level. Hart is rising through the ranks here in WCW, but is perhaps the most famous wrestler right now given all the notoriety over Montreal. Hall was really taking it to Hart, and sent him shoulder first into the steel ring post. He then came from behind to clip at the knee of Hart. To the outside he went, and he wrenched the right leg around the ring post. And again. And again, but this time pulling down in a figure four like motion. Referee Nick Patrick demanded Hall break the hold, but his five count was excruciatingly slow. After eventually stopping it, Hall climbed back in the ring and worked over the right knee. It was clear he was trying to blow it out. If Hart can't use his muscles in his legs, the Sharpshooter is irrelevant. Hall thrust Hart into the corner, and Hart limped in. Hall followed in a drop kick to the knee, and Hart grabbed it in pain and dropped to his face. He then rolled to the outside, to try to find some time. But Hall was not here to give him time, and took Hart by the hair and began walking him up the aisle. Hart was in pain just by walking, but Hall picked him up and dropped middrift first over the guardrial. The referee was counting so Hall brought Hart back into the ring. Suplex from Hall. Hall came rushing in at Hart but he pulled Nick Patrick in the way and Patrick went down. Hall was surprised, but it gave Hart the chance for a roll up, but Patrick was down. Hart got up slowly, lefts, rights, lefts rights, Hart started to gain some control and he dropped Hall with a hard left. He then stomped at the middrift of Hall, and a diving head butt into the groin. Hall felt that one. Hart was still feeling his leg as he brought Hall back up and sent him into the drops, and dropped him with a drop toe hold... SHARPSHOOTER! SHARPSHOOTER! Hall was tapping, but Patrick was down. He was still down. Hart dropped the hold and woke Patrick up. As Hall got up he whacked Hart in the head and threw an object to the outside. It appeared to be brass knucks, but Hart fell back into Patrick, who went down again. Hall covered.... but there was no one to count. He picked Hart up, and went for the Outsider's Edge, but Hart wriggled out from behind, and ... backslide...backslide! Patrick's not there to count again. Finally he wakes up....1...2.....thr...NO! Both men slow to their feel, rights, left, finally Hart gains ascendency and drops Hall with a russian leg sweep. SHARPSHOOTER! It's on again! Hall taps, that's it! That's it! [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via pinfall, Bret Hart[/SIZE][/CENTER] Post match, 'The Hitman' limped as his arm was held aloft. But he was not finished, and he proceeded to stomp on the groin of Scott Hall, before leaving the ring. Backstage, 'Hacksaw' has with him the challenger to the WCW World Heavyweight Championship, 'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash of the nWo. "Tough guy, I've got a bone to pick with you. Dropping 'Mean' Gene like you did is not the American way!" Nash grins, before standing closer and more over the top of Duggan. "Are you asking for trouble, Jim? Do you want to join him? You got one thing straight Jim, I am a tough guy. I am the big dog of the nWo. And I am bad. But come on Jim, doesn't every wrestler want to be a Champion? Doesn't every wrestler want to be at the top of their game? We can't all be losers... like you." "Tonight tough guy you will face Sting, you will wipe that smug look off your face..." "Listen, I don't think you're listening that well in your old age, Hacksaw. Maybe you've had too many two by fours to the head? I'm the big dog, I am Big Sexy, I am the career killer, I am the gold digging ladies thriller. Tonight, Sting steps into a cage with a rabid pitbull, I've been waiting for this opportunity Jim. I've been breaking necks, cashing cheques, and what's been in it for me? Well now it's Big Kev's time, you see, I'm all about the money Jim. And the fact is that piece of gold comes with a prestigious price tag. Being the man to end Sting's career comes with a big price tag. I'm talking books, I'm talking talk shows, I'm talking movies, I'm talking games, I'm talking videos... I'm talking babes. It's nothing personal, it's all about the rent. If I end his career, all the more the better for me, for the nWo, and for the interests of professional wrestling. You can put the blame on Arn Anderson for that, taking away my World Tag Team Championship sometimes a big dog needs a bone to be taken away to get as rabid as I am. Sting's going down.." "Down where tough guy?" "Down there?" "Tough guy where?" "You know where. Tonight I'm like a caged dog... on the prowl. And Sting, he's going to get... JACKKNIFED!" [CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]WCW World Tag Team Championships The Steiner Brothers v 'K-Dawg' Konnan and Curt Hennig[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] The Catchphrase rambler and the perfect one were joined here by 'Ravishing' Rick Rude. This was their first outing together as a team. In a shock twist their first outing would also be for a shot at the prestigious WCW World Tag Team Championships. The Steiners are cagey veterans of the tag element. The only team that comes close to rivalling them for experience is Harlem Heat, the aforementioned disposed of Harlem Heat with Booker T on the shelves courtesy of his brother Stevie Ray. At the moment the Steiners are teaming well, but can't quite get the big break they need to recement themselves at the top of the tag team pile. Tonight would be their big opportunity, and they knew it. Rick Steiner was in first against Konnan, and he dominated his Mexican counterpart. He got on all fours and barked in his face to get the message across, before both men tagged in their partners. Hennig was Scott's biatch, as the power man of the Steiners showed him why he is the master of the suplex. A great T-bone pinned Hennig...1..2... NO! Kick out. The titles were nearly gone there. Hennig back, belly to back suplex from Scott Steiner, and Hennig is clutching at his back. That's not a good sign as he needs a lot of strength there to draw the HennigPlex. Back to their feet, Scott Steiner sent Hennig into the ropes, and Hennig ducked a bit boot and came back with a neckbreaker. Scott Steiner has had a bit of pain over the past couple of years in the neck, and this changed the tone of the match. Konnan was tagged in, and Hennig and Konnan used their time in the ring together to both work together to take Steiner down with a snap suplex. Konnan then bounced around the ring before dropping a snap leg drop over the throat of Scott. Scott tried to get to his corner, but Konnan toyed with him and pulled him back. He then dropped him with a European uppercut, followed by slowing down the oxygen to the head with a sleeper verging on a chokehold. Konnan then tagged Hennig back in. The two rookie tag men were teaming well together. They sent Scott into the ropes, and both clotheslined him. Scott tried to get to Rick, but again Hennig toyed with him hauling him back and then applying an ankle lock. Scott kicked him off, and found enough energy to tag in Rick, but the referee didn't see it and Scott was forced to stay in. Scott was sent back into the corner, as Konnan grabbed the head Hennig charged in with an elbow to the throat. Scott stumbled out and Hennig again put on a sleeper with his knee in the back of Scott. The crowd were rallying behind the Steiners, and eventually Scott was able to beat his way out. Konnan jumped in, and he was decked by Scott. Hennig came over, clothesline from Scott. Scott raced to the other side, Rick was in! Here comes the Dog Faced Gremlin! He barked a couple of times before dropping Konnan with an atomic drop sending him bouncing over the other side of the ring and over the top rope. Scott followed Konnan on the outside to brawl with him. Hennig was hit with a crisp drop kick. Up Hennig got, clothesline. And another. Hennig stayed put this time. Rick went to the top rope, he's signalling for the Bulldog... but Rick Rude grabbed his leg and distracted him, this allowed Curt Hennig to roll across and pull Rick down onto his crotch on the top rope. Hennig slowly up... the two men exchange punches... SUPERPLEX! Hennig back up slowly... HENNIGPLEX! Scott tried to charge into the ring but Rude dropped him with a suitcase, 1....2....3! [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winners:[/B] Via pinfall, and NEW nWo World Tag Team Champions, Konnan and Curt Hennig[/SIZE][/CENTER] Post match, Hennig smiled arrogantly as he threw Konnan's belt to him. Rick Rude got in the ring and acted innocently in front of Randy Anderson who had his suspicions but knew there was nothing he could do about it. We cut backstage, where the Giant is walking towards the ring. There's a fibro wall...SMASH! Right hand through it, the Giant is intense tonight! [CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]nWo United States Championship 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page (c) v The Giant[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] DDP was very weary about locking it up with the Giant, but eventually it had to happen. And the Giant's power hauled Page into the corner...SLAP! Right across the chest. Page was in agony. Page rolled over the top rope to the floor, but the Giant waited for him, before Page rolled back into the ring when the Giant's back was turned and wailed on his ribs. But the Giant doubled over, and then stood straight back up and laughed. Page was a nervous wreck. He raced in again... BIG BOOT from the Giant! Wow, did anyone get the number of that lorry? The Giant signalled for the Chokeslam, but Page was back on his knees and began wailing rights and lefts at the knees of the Giant, the big redwood eventually dropped to his knees. And Page got back to his feet and kicked him to the head sending the big man onto the canvas. That's the way to wrestle him. Giant slowly got back up but Page took him down with a baseball slide. Page signalled for the Diamond Cutter, but Giant rolled him up in a schoolboy...1...2...no. Both men back to their feet, and Page ducked a big right hand and sent the Giant into the corner. He followed in with a hard shoulder, which dropped the Giant to his knees. Page jumped on the top turnbuckle and came down with a rolling snapmere...1...2... no! The Giant just thrust Page off with authority. Page tried another baseball slide, but Giant spred his legs and Page went straight through and went groin first into the ring post! WOW! The Giant pulled him up by the hair and then lashed out another hard right hand to the chest of Page. And now a kick to the ribs. Those ribs have taken a belting over the years. Giant sent Page into the ropes... BIG BOOT! And he gave the signal for the Chokeslam! But Kim pulled her husband from the ring while the Giant wasn't looking. Page grabbed the title belt from David Penzer, and made a beeline for the back! What a coward! The referee was forced to do the unthinkable and count, the Giant gave him a howler of a look but was resigned to the inevitable. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via countout, the Giant, but STILL nWo United States Champion, Diamond Dallas Page[/SIZE][/CENTER] Backstage, the United States Champion raced into the nWo dressing room. Scott Norton looked at him surprised. "Yo, 'sif you wouldn't run, that man is deranged!" 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho finished stretching, stood up and headed for the exit. "Yo, if you see a big lumbering Giant, tell him I'm not here!" "Junior, tonight it's not all about you. It's about me. It's all about me! It's all about the ayotollah of rock and rollah, it's about the paragon of good virtue. Tonight, I'm going to knock the last three teeth Benoit has clean out of his skull! Kim baby, why don't you watch a real man do his best for the cause of the nWo..." Jericho winked as he headed out the door. As he turned the corner, the Giant saw him, and proceeded to crash through a thousand security guards to get to him. He eventually fought through, but Jericho dropped to his knees, and appeared ready to cry. The Giant shook his head knowing the war is not with Jericho and kept prowling. [CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit v 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Two of the most magnificent prospects in all of professional wrestling. This should be an outright classic. It's been months in the making as fans from all around the world anticipated when these two would lock horns. But tonight, it was all about all the marbles. Ric Flair's contract plus a shot at the United States Championship. But oh, much more than this, it was also about pride and honour. It was about who was going to evolve into the next flagship of this great promotion. Who was going to become the new Sting, the new Ric Flair, the new Harley Race. They both had all the tools, but who had the killer cutting edge to go over the line and beyond and haul vengeance for their cause. The lock up was tight and tense, before both men started brawling wildly! The tension here is phenomenal. Jericho has been ripping on the Rabid Wolverine for some time, and Benoit is now staging an inring protest from all the provocation. And who can blame him? Unlike most of the matches, these two men never set foot outside the ring. Instead of rolling away to recover, they just bounced back and took their luck. They knew not only was this about getting the victory, it was also about sending a point of holding no fear. Sooner or later, somewhere down the track, for all the marbles they would have to hook up again. There would be no containing it. After 18 minutes of breath taking action, the two men were unable to be separated. There had been near falls by the dozen, Jericho had slipped out of the Crossface, and Benoit out of the Liontamer. It was if both men knew each other too intricately. Indeed Jericho's past constination and abuse of Benoit was slowly starting to turn into a delicate respet, which made him want the match more. It is always great to grab the scalp of a man who is so respectable. Same for Benoit, he was beginning to see a rough edge in Jericho, a man who was at the top of his game. A man not unlike himself. The two men hooked up again, but this Benoit tried for a small package...1...2...no good. Roll through from Jericho...1..2....no. Back to their feet, Jericho goes for a spining discus lariat but Benoit ducks... go behind, german suplex! And again... GERMAN SUPLEX! And again.. GERMAN SUPLEX! Jericho grabbed hard at his head as Benoit went to the top. Flying headbutt! Benoit didn't come out of this two good either! He now goes for it... CRIPPLER CROSSFACE! But Jericho lowers his right hand bites at it, but Benoit won't let go, Jericho's free right kicks hard and hits the archilles of Benoit allowing a momentary lapse. Benoit tries it again but Jericho grabs the ropes and is able to kick him away. Jericho sits on the bottom turnbuckle exhausted. Benoit looks at Jericho with a tonne of respect, but a stern look of desperation and dedication to the cause. Jericho nods as he gets back to his. Benoit races at him, drop toe hold... he turns him over... LIONTAMER! LIONTAMER! LIONTAMER! He's in good, Benoit somehow grabs the tights though and pulls him over.... Jericho has been put in the LIONTAMER! Great move from Benoit! But Jericho pulls on Benoit's tights, but he can't reconnect with the Liontamer, instead Benoit gets the CRIPPLER CROSSFACE! He's in the centre of the ring. He's got it locked in good! JERICHO IS TAPPING! [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via submission, Chris Benoit[/SIZE][/CENTER] "OH MY GOD! Do you believe what we just saw!" Schiavone exclaims. "I don't know if I've ever seen such a brilliant match," Heenan adds. 'Iron' Mike Tenay is on his feet applauding. Benoit slowly gets back up, and gives Jericho a look. It's not one of contempt. It's one of disbelief that a man could take him so far. He nods, but does not pull the nWo-ite up, there's only so much a man can give respect for when his opponent fights so disproportionately on the other side of the trenches. Jericho for his part slaps the ring in disgust, and looks around in bemusement that his efforts did not get him the victory tonight. "I have a feeling this will not be the last we hear of Benoit and Jericho guys, down the track, somewhere, they will blow the roof off another arena," Schiavone adds. We go backstage, where Miss Elizabeth is looked very, very, very sexy in a blue tight hugging shiney dress. She is looking very apprehensive, sitting on her own in the hallway. Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell walks past her on his way to the ring, and then drops to his knee and poses in front of her. "I'm Buff, I'm the Stuff, and when I'm finished with your husband tonight I'm getting me some mu.." "Oh leave me alone, Buff, you're a creep..." she says as she begins to cry. "Ahahaha... You'll come around sooner or later, babe." [CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell v 'Macho Man' Randy Savage[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] The craze in Savage's eye was only matched by the tremour of fear pulsating through the veins of Bagwell. These two men have been at absolute logger heads, still Savage persists in wearing the black and white of the nWo when all before him has crumbled and that organisation has turned the knife into him viciously. And for all that, and for all the pandering Bagwell has made to his ex wife, who he claims he does not love anymore, Savage was here to claim his own vengeance. Everyone was here for vengeance tonight. Everyone wanted something. All matches were built up. Bagwell has come from the clouds of late. He really has flown in under the radar, and included in his scalps of late is albeit a disgraceful con job finish a victory over the World Heavyweight Champion, Sting. He is in the form of his life. Savage on the other hand has no back up, no support, he is the consummate flying loneman with targets presented all over him. Savage was fired up here, and he really worked over Bagwell. There was little grace, but still Bagwell felt it. He felt every ache in every bone. Just as the match appeared a mere formality, 'Easy E' Eric Bischoff made his way to ringside. He had with him Kimberley Page. Savage was giving it all, and he had him beat. He went to the top.... FLYING ELBOW DROP! Bischoff dared him to do it again. So he went to the top... FLYING ELBOW DROP! The insanity was taking over, and Savage was listening to every word of his former leader. Back to the top he went... FLYING ELBOW DROP! Miss Elizabeth began walking down to ringside, but Savage listened again... This time though Bischoff came up from behind and muzzled Savage, and Kimberly got on the apron and raked her stelleto across the eyes of Savage! Savage was blinded! He had no idea what happened! Bischoff pushed him to the mat. Savage was basically out of it as Bagwell rolled over ....1......2.......3! [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via pinfall, Buff Bagwell[/SIZE][/CENTER] Post match, Kimberly got back in the ring and attempted to stelleto Savage again, but Miss Elizabeth raced in and clobbered her with a clothesline! Kim went out to the floor. Bischoff came in and copped Miss Elizabeth's stelleto to the right eye of Bischoff and he rolled out! Bagwell had already rolled out knowing how lucky he was. Savage finally began to come to, and stood up. He saw Miss Elizabeth with a stelleto in her hand, and put two and two together. He began shaking his head and waggling his finger at her. She began crying and shrugged her shoulders. "It wasn't me.." Savage looked apprehensive, he had no idea what to believe. He looked to the crowd, and pointed to Kim. The crowd booed. He pointed to Miss Elizabeth, and the crowd cheered unanamously. Savage didn't look sure, he looked to exit the ring, but then turned back in and pointed at Miss Elizabeth. She looked scared, but he leant forward and kissed her passionately! Savage smiled from ear to ear, as Miss Elizabeth began bawling! "That hamenegger has fallen for it again, when will he learn she's trouble!" "She's not trouble, she's as innocent as they come and that's why he keeps going back to her! What a moment here in professional wrestling, but more importantly, in the marriage of Miss Elizabeth and Randy Savage!" Backstage, 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan has with him 'Easy E' Eric Bischoff, who is grasping at his right eye. "Tough guy, what just happened?" "What just happened? You saw what just happened, Gene." "Jim..." "I don't know who you are, can't you see? Because I can't, man. I can't see. That wench just raked my eyes." "So tough guy looks like there's some trouble in the nWo?" "Trouble? TROUBLE? You have no idea Gene, you see tonight, the World Heavyweight Championship heads home to the New World Order. Before I came out there to expel Savage from the nWo, I talked to the big dog, and Big Sexy... he's going to show why the nWo is too sweet. Now, if you'll excuse me, can you show me where a nurse may be?" "Tough guy, straight through there..." "Thanks Gene, I knew eventually you'd become a noble gentlemen..." Bischoff opens the door marked "GENTS"... "Hey pretty boy.." we can overhear. [CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]Cage Match - No Escape, only pinfalls and submissions For the WCW World Heavyweight Championship Sting (c) v 'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Nash waited in the ring as Sting descended from the rafters. He pointed the black bat at Nash, before showing him the Championship, which he gave to referee Charles Robinson. Nash attacked early, sending Sting into the corner and framing him up for a boot choke. Sting was in trouble, as the sheer power of the boot began to rumble even the face paint of Sting. Nash then picked Sting up and raked him face first like a cheese grater across the steel cage. The merciless, unforgiving steel cage. Nash took down his right strap, and sent Sting into the ropes, but Sting ducked a bit boot and came back with a flying cross body block. Nash went to the mat...1...2... Nash rolled through...1..2...thr... NO! Both men went back to their respective corners to strategise, knowing they had both made a perilious mistake that had nearly cost them the granddaddy of them all. Slowly and methodically they circled the ring before hooking up again, and Nash's power sent Sting back into the corner. And again he choked out the Champion with his huge right boot. He then clubbed on his back and sent the Champion down. Nash picked up Sting and went for a suplex, but Sting slipped out and hit a drop kick from behind sending Nash stomach first into the turnbuckle. Sting caught Nash in a roll up...1...2... but Nash rolled through...1..2...thr... NO! Again both men went back to their corners mindful that again they had nearly lost their chance. Both men circled the ring, before going to hook up, but this time Sting had learned a lesson and sidestepped into a go-behind position. He held at the waist like a terrier as Nash went to hit him with right elbow, but Sting ducked it and used the stray arm to drag him to the mat. He then kicked repeatedly at the right shoulder, trying to take out the power game of the Jackknife Powerbomb. Sting then grabbed the right arm and put on a figure four arm lock, wrenching back the right shoulder out of the socket. Perfect scientific wrestling from Sting here. Slow, methodical, but decisive and effective. Nash was struggling, but he rolled to his right side and managed to get on top of Sting and bridging for a pin attempt...1..2...thr... NO! This was scientific style wrestling we hadn't really seen from Kevin Nash either. Nash went to the corner and unpealed a turnbuckle pad, as Sting kicked him from behind. He took his eye off the elusive champion for too long. Sting then took him down with a snapmere take down. Sting went to whip Nash into the ropes, but Nash reversed and whipped Sting into the exposed turnbuckle head first! The champion was cut open! Nash smiled as he pulled down his left strap... JACKKNIFE POWERBO.. No, Sting grabbed hold of Nash's head on the way down and slammed it into the mat. Both men went down hard. There is no count out here tonight, this match can only be decided by pinfall or submission. Sting slowly got back up and went to apply a Scorpion Death Lock, but Nash was too quick and kicked him in the back sending Sting headfirst into the exposed turnbuckle again. Blood was oozing out, and Sting could barely see. The referee wanted to stop the fight, but Sting wiped the blood away and gave him a filthy look. Nash demanded the referee stop the fight, but Sting pleaded for it to continue. Sting leapt to the side and kicked Nash to the back of the head and he went headfirst into the exposed turnbuckle! Now he was cut wide open! Both men were a bloodbath, and for the next twelve minutes, the mat would be covered crimson with blood. The blood loss was excessive. Both men were weary, and tried several quick finishes to get it over with and escape for the sanctity of the hospital, but never at the cost of the Championship. Nash sent Sting head first into the steel cage wall again, but Sting recovered by elbowing Nash to the elbow. The big man dropped to the man as Sting climbed up the cage wall. Sting began hanging from the cage wall!!! Like a bat! Nash slowly got back up, and Sting dropped from above and dropped him with a head scissors take down! 1....2....THR..NO! Nash back to his feet, clothesline from Sting. Back up...another one. Sting sends Nash into the corner... STINGER SPLASH! He tries it again... STINGER SPLASH! Nash is groggy.... Sting tries for the Scorpion Death Drop but Nash is too tall, so he climbs to the top turnbuckle.... SUPER SCORPION DEATH DROP! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Sting now applies the Scorpion Death Lock! Nash is tapping furiously, he can't handle the pain no matter what is at stake! [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via submission, and STILL WCW World Heavyweight Champion, Sting[/SIZE][/CENTER] As the cage began to rise, Sting slumped to his knees, and kissed the title. He soon slumped face first to the mat, as the blood loss and the loss of match adrenalin caught up with him. "That man has given his life and soul again here tonight, he'll bleed to death for WCW! Fans, we are out of time, don't forget to tune into Monday Nitro for the aftermatch of what has been the greatest Uncensored of them all!"

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/nitro.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B]Quick Picks[/B] Non Title Match: WCW Cruiserweight Champion Rey Mysterio Jr v Eddie Guerrero Disco Inferno v Raven 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair v Masahiro Chono WCW Television Championship: 'Lord' Steven Regal (c) v 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon 'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash v Bret 'The Hitman' Hart nWo United States Championship: 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page (c) v Juventud Guerrera Chavo Guerrero Jr v Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell Scott Steiner, 'Total Package' Lex Luger and The Giant v 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho, and nWo Tag Team Champions Curt Hennig and 'K-Dawg' Konnan WCW World Heavyweight Championship: Sting (c) v 'Flash' Scott Norton

Great PPV, I liked Regal winning the TV belt as I didn't expect Malenko to lose it just yet. Non Title Match: WCW Cruiserweight Champion Rey Mysterio Jr v [B]Eddie Guerrero[/B] Disco Inferno v [B]Raven [/B] [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] v Masahiro Chono WCW Television Championship: [B]'Lord' Steven Regal[/B] (c) v 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon [B]'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash[/B] v Bret 'The Hitman' Hart nWo United States Championship: [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] (c) v Juventud Guerrera Chavo Guerrero Jr v [B]Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell[/B] [B]Scott Steiner, 'Total Package' Lex Luger and The Giant[/B] v 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho, and nWo Tag Team Champions Curt Hennig and 'K-Dawg' Konnan WCW World Heavyweight Championship: [B]Sting[/B] (c) v 'Flash' Scott Norton

Holy crap, brother, that was unreal. Absolutely 100% fantastic show. Obviously the write ups were great (particularly liked Goldberg - Raven as it just worked so well, Raven looking good but Goldberg still dominant) and obviously Benoit and Jericho was great, so I'm wholeheartedly impressed. Regal winning the belt is a fantastic idea, especially with his lack of respect and having Malenko as the virtuous challenger is a great angle. Surprised K-Dawg and Hennig won, but it was a good surprise. And of course, the Savage - Elizabeth bit was great. I was sort of hoping they would go through more of a difficult period before reconcilling, but you certainly pulled it off in the show. All in all A* in every way, loved it. Non Title Match: WCW Cruiserweight Champion [B]Rey Mysterio Jr[/B] v Eddie Guerrero [I]For some reason I see Eddie having a bad run of it for a while as a start of a build to an feud with someone[/I] Disco Inferno v [B]Raven[/B] [I]Raven is great in it and so is his flock. I literally can not wait to see what you have in line for him next because he's working so well[/I] [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] v Masahiro Chono [I]Man this is a big match! Flair is only just back so he needs the win, but has international appeal fo shizzle[/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]'Lord' Steven Regal (c)[/B] v 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon [I]Regal and Malenko HAVE to feud now as Regal seems less and less respectful, so he can't drop it yet[/I] [B]'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash[/B] v Bret 'The Hitman' Hart [I]Some sort of screwy ending to screw Bret and have Nash keep looking strong. I'd love to see Hart vs Sting at some point though. Both are such huge faces here it would just be brilliant and poses so many questions, would be a really fresh one[/I] nWo United States Championship: [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page (c)[/B] v Juventud Guerrera [I]DDP vs Benoit at the Stampede? Ooooh yeah, love it love it love it.[/I] Chavo Guerrero Jr v [B]Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell[/B] [I]Buff's been on a roll as of late so surely won't job to Chavo now[/I] [B]Scott Steiner, 'Total Package' Lex Luger and The Giant [/B]v 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho, and nWo Tag Team Champions Curt Hennig and 'K-Dawg' Konnan [I]It's more believable this way. Besides, all three nWoites are due a win after Uncensored[/I] WCW World Heavyweight Championship: Sting (c) v [B]'Flash' Scott Norton[/B] [I]Norton to become new WCW Champion! Hell yeah, it's gonna happen. Norton is the new number one man in the company in my opinion ;).[/I]

[QUOTE=ColtCabana;473756]Great PPV, I liked Regal winning the TV belt as I didn't expect Malenko to lose it just yet.[/QUOTE] In a way I'm blessed with the midcard I've inherited in WCW. Sadly some of my storylines have lacked I guess for want of a better word continuancy, but it's been truly hard to do what I truly want to with all of them. So when I thought about Malenko's hold on the belt, I wanted to do a few things for his character but I wanted also to re-establish a guy who I felt was horribly misused firstly by WCW and then secondly by the WWF. To me Regal is a good all round wrestler and a great entertainer. THanks for the support [QUOTE=mad5226;473787]WOw another brillent PPV man. I loved the Sting match, and the ending to the Bagwell match. Keep it going man[/QUOTE] Thanks mate, really appreciate that. Long time no hear brother, how's things? [QUOTE=keefmoon;473793]Holy crap, brother, that was unreal. Absolutely 100% fantastic show. Obviously the write ups were great (particularly liked Goldberg - Raven as it just worked so well, Raven looking good but Goldberg still dominant) and obviously Benoit and Jericho was great, so I'm wholeheartedly impressed. Regal winning the belt is a fantastic idea, especially with his lack of respect and having Malenko as the virtuous challenger is a great angle. Surprised K-Dawg and Hennig won, but it was a good surprise. And of course, the Savage - Elizabeth bit was great. I was sort of hoping they would go through more of a difficult period before reconcilling, but you certainly pulled it off in the show. All in all A* in every way, loved it. [/QUOTE] Well man from Graham Gooch county, Savage and Liz couldn't go on together with suspicious minds, and they can't live their dreams on suspicious minds. I'm glad you noticed the emphasis on the write ups, what I really wanted to do with this particular Pay-Per-View was show more of the reactions. At times I'm a little bit critical of the fact I cut away from the result to a backstage scene, rather than give the winner his due, allow him to celebrate, or the ensuing friction. It's something I pledge to get better at, and I hope the post match situations helped sell the characters and the desperation and anxieties of the particular feuds they found themselves in. Thanks again for the support, brudda.

[CENTER][SIZE="6"][B][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/nitro.jpg[/IMG] WCW Monday Nitro Live from the Cow Palace, Daly City, California Attendence: 12,000[/B][/SIZE] [SIZE="4"][I]Episode Title: The Emergence of a New Legend[/I][/SIZE][/CENTER] "Welcome everybody to a sold out Cow Palace, 12,000 people are here ready to see World Championship Wrestling explode. Hello everyone, I'm Tony Schiavone, and with me as always Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan and 'Living Legend' Larry Zbysko, and last night guys, World Championship Wrestling sent a very hard lined message to the rogue New World Order. And it was delivered in the strongest way possible, with some unbelievable wrestling." "Tony, last night the humanoids who came out to Uncensored got their moneys worth. Even the good looking people of Las Vegas, in other words the tourists, got their money's worth. It was worth planning a vacation for, hameneggers need not apply because WCW is becoming a true powerhouse," Heenan comments. "Of course, last night Chris Benoit defeated 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho in one of the most epic matches seen in recent times, but just as importantly, Sting retained the WCW World Heavyweight Championship over Kevin Nash..." "Also Tony, the New World Odour showed their true colours," oh boy, it's time for Zbysko's rant. "You had Diamond Dallas Page run from the ring to get away from the Giant to retain the United States Championship, you had 'Ravishing' Rick Rude's interference necessary to turn the tide for Konnan and Hennig to win the Tag Team Championships, hell you even had Eric Bischoff and Kimberly Page in action to destroy Randy Savage. And let me tell you something guys, Randy Savage lost the match, but boy, didn't he win a prize!" "Oh, you're not wrong there Larry! Fans, we're going straight to the back..." We cut to the back where 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit is entering the Cow Palace. 'The Enforcer' Arn Anderson is waiting, and Benoit merely nods. Anderson nods back. "What a night that was for Chris Benoit," Schiavone comments. "But what on earth was that all about?" Heenan asks. "What was what all about?" "The nods of the head.." "It's a show of respect! A respect between two greats of our sport!" Meanwhile we cut to another entrance, where Bill Goldberg, complete with his head bandaged is limping into the arena. He is hauling his luggage. "And speaking of champions, Bill Goldberg last night was made to work for every inch last night against Raven. Raven know's no boundaries, and he nearly came up with the upset of the century, but still, Bill Goldberg goes on unbeaten here in professional wrestling. And speaking of Goldberg, tonight's main event will see 'Total Package' Lex Luger and the Giant, who both did not get what they wanted at Uncensored, teaming with Bill Goldberg against the new Tag Team Champions Konnan and Curt Hennig, alongside 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho." "Tony have you ever seen a man wrestle as brilliantly as Chris Jericho did last night and still come up empty handed?" Heenan asks. "I'm not sure! It sure was a great display from Chris Jericho, and there's no doubt about it that he is set to become one of the greats of our sport. The advances he has made over the past few months, dare I say it with the empowerment of the New World Order is simply making him a world class professional wrestler. We always knew he was a phenomenal athlete, a world class technician, a great all round wrestler, but of late he's got rid of any rough edges that were left and now it's fair to say you have to give your life to end up getting the victory over Chris Jericho. What the..." "What's the matter?" Zbysko asks. "I've... I've just been given a message from Arn Anderson fans. Tonight's six man tag ... Yes I'm listening Arn. WHOA! WHOA!" "What is it?" "The winner of the match, the man who makes the final pinfall or submission will be the recipient of a WCW World Heavyweight Championship shot against Sting!" [SIZE="5"][B][CENTER]Non Title Match WCW Cruiserweight Champion Rey Mysterio Jr v Eddie Guerrero[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] Last night, these two athletes gave a phenomenal display. Not only was it an aerial display of excellence, but both men brought some psychology to the mat as well, and thus were able to temper their usual frenetic pace with some good old fashioned story telling. This kept the match from blowing the arena wide open too early and left us teased and tense hoping for more. Eddie was fed up, he was a loose cannon tonight. Last night of course he refused to shake the champion's hand, and it was clear the scent of vengeance went through his veins at the very moment he lost the title. He was not here for the belt tonight as it wasn't on the line, but he could sure send a signal. Rey tried to keep him moving, and for a four minute spurt Eddie had no answer. But eventually Eddie saw a moonsault coming, moved out of the way, waited for Rey to spring up and hit a standing side kick to regain momentum. He started tearing at Rey's mask, and started taunting him. There was little technical strength here, just a lot of stiff kicks to the ribs, and some good old fashioned grapevine type moves to continue the separation in the ligament's of Rey's dodgy knee. Rey was in agony. Unlike Eddie, there was no stop to smurk at the crowd. This was an intense Guerrero. Rey finally conjured a fight back, managing to land on his feet following a brain buster attempt, he then drop kicked Eddie to the back, and Eddie landed tanged in the ropes. Rey raced to the other side, raced back and looked to hit some kind of swinging kick to the head with the assistance of the ropes to gain his balance, but Eddie blocked it, and Rey tumbled to the floor. Eddie quickly dropped to the mat and grabbed him by the mask, and threw him back into the ring. Rey back to his feet, Eddie sends him into the ropes, leap frog from Rey, another leapfrog, back comes Eddie, cross body block from Rey, but a roll through Guerrero! He's holding onto the tights of Rey! 1...2...3! The referee didn't see it! [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via pinfall, Eddie Guerrero[/SIZE][/CENTER] Post match, Rey quickly got up. But this time he did not offer a handshake. This time he argued with the referee, and then began pushing the chest of Eddie who shrugged his shoulders innocently. Eddie dared Rey to hit him on the chin, Rey looked to the crowd who wanted him to do it, but this was not the way Rey Mysterio Jr operated, so he refused, leaving the ring and grabbing his belt and heading to the back in disgust at the way Eddie Guerrero had claimed the victory. [CENTER][I]n....W....o NN...NN...NEW WORLD ORDER FF...FFF...FOR LIFE TOOOO SWEEEEET[/I][/CENTER] Here comes 'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash, with a harsh red line across the middle of his forehead. He was cut open badly in that cage match against the Champion last night. He walked to the ring thrusting his right arm in the air with the nWo signal and continued to walk to the ring, determined. He strolled over the top rope, and took a microphone from David Penzer. "Big sexy in DA HOUSE! Last night, at Uncensored, I had Sting beaten. Sting was a destroyed man. But, the referee for whatever reason decided that his incessent bleeding was not enough to stop the match. Sting was a bloodied warrior, he had given his heart and soul, but his life was at risk. It is the due responsibility of the governing referee to call a stop to the match, and with this in mind, Big Sexy should be standing here with the World Heavyweight Championship. Sting knows it, I know it... hell, I reckon anyone in the nWo dressing room would not only come down here and back me up, I reckon they could beat the bloodless Sting now too!" Dropping from the rafters was the Stinger! He descended, and detached his safety harness, before climbing in the ring and pointing the black baseball bat at Kevin Nash, who backed off. He then walked up and got in Nash's face... "Is that so?" "You're damn right it is! Anyone in the back could beat you now, you're a defeated man. I nearly KILLED you last night!" "Yeah?" "Yeah!" "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Well I'm not one for small talk Nash, you say anyone in the nWo?" "You're damn right." "Scott Norton.... tonight.... IT'S SHOWTIME, FOLKS!" "Whoa...whoa...whoa. Just one more thing, Sting, if you really are an immortal solitary warrior legend like these stupid fans claim, surely you are game enough to put that Championship on the line?" Sting looks down at the Championship belt, looks at the crowd to the left, who pop, looks to the crowd to the right, who pop. Sting nods, and grins with a sense of honour as he concurs with Nash that the belt is on the line tonight! We cut backstage, where in a blue sequined robe 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair is walking. "Fans, isn't it great to see the Nature Boy back in WCW?" "You can't keep this humanoid down Tony, I mentored him all those years ago after all!" [CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]Raven v Disco Inferno[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] For this match, Raven signalled to the Flock to stay put. Disco Inferno came to the ring, and jived, but his jive was interrupted by Raven who was fired up to continue on his rampant display. Last night he came ever so close to ending the career of Bill Goldberg, but still could not stop the streak. Not many though have beaten Bill Goldberg up as well as Raven did. Disco backed off, and begged off, but Raven kicked him in the teeth! Raven is a true bad egg, and despite Disco's plea he was thrown to the outside for Raven to exert more punishment. Disco picked up a steel chair but Raven was able to grab it off him and throw it to the ground. Disco pleaded again, but he was irish whipped into the steel ring post. Raven then mercifully threw Disco into the relative safety of the ring. He then sat on the bottom turnbuckle as Disco tried to get to his feet. He was struggling, and Raven was smiling. Disco finally stumbled to his feet, Raven sprung up... EVENFLOW DDT! 1....2...3! [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via pinfall, Raven[/SIZE][/CENTER] Raven picked Disco up and threw him to the outside, and gave the Flock the signal. In bounced Kidman who hit a stunning drop kick on Disco, Hugh Morrus came in and gave Disco a scoop slam. Reese then held up Disco... STOP SIGN from Lodi! We cut to the back where 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair stormed into the office of 'Easy E' Eric Bischoff who was sitting behind an oak desk on the phone. "Look, I understand... Yes, but Ted... Hello? Ted?" Bischoff slammed the phone down in disgust, and was even more anxious when he saw Flair. "What the hell do you..." "TONIGHT! Pal you have no idea do you. Tonight, I walk that aisle and give Masahiro Chono a display of wrestling excellence. But more than that, you truly have no idea do you?" "Look, I'm sorry..." "Oh you will be, you will be pal! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! The Nature Boy has never been more fired up in his life than right now, pal. And when you add that I'm the dirtiest player in the game... WOOOOOOOOOO!! That makes for an awkward situation for you ... you you abuse of power. Sooner or later Bischoff, sooner or later..." Flair turns around and struts, and then strides out of his office. "Sooner or later? Hey! I'm not a wrestler, I don't have to fight him!" [CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair v Masahiro Chono[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Chono is such an accomplished wrestler. You know you're going to get whooped good against a man like Chono, you just have to stomach it and fight back as best you can. But he was up against a fired up Flair, and the slaps reverberated around the Cow Palace. SLAP! SLAP! The knife edge chops were destroying even a hard man like Chono. Chono dropped to the mat, but Flair pulled him up, Chono then raked the eyes of Flair. Chono sent Flair into the corner, he stumbled UP the turnbuckle, and then fell nose first to the mat! Chono signalled for the FTS, but Flair knew what was coming, grabbed him by the legs, put him on the mat.... FIGURE FOUR LEG LOCK! He got it locked in, Chono is tapping! [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via submission, Ric Flair[/SIZE][/CENTER] Post match, Flair strutted, and then began elbow dropping the ring for no reason at all. "You Bischoff, you!" Another elbow drop. "You Bischoff, abuse of power..you!" Another elbow drop. Backstage, 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan was standing by with the WCW World Television Champion, 'Lord' Steven Regal. "Tough guy, last night you won the WCW World Television Championship in rather dubious cir.." "Dubious my dear friend? Dubious? Listen here, Jim, I appreciate what your country did to assist the mother land all those years ago over in Europe, I really do. But last night was dubious. Last night, Dean Malenko got himself in a three way. And I'm sure Jim, you know what it's like to be in the middle of a three way..." "My wife and I practice a monogo.." "NOT LIKE THAT! Have you no manners? Hello? This is a family show. This for crying out loud is going back to Buckingham Palace, show some respect you little germ of a man. Dean Malenko stepped into the ring last night with three men, and he lost. It's really that simple." "But Dean Malenko was not even pinned!" "My dear boy, do I pity him? It's a very sad situation, but I'm sure a strong man like Dean Malenko doesn't want my pity or sympathy. Nor does he deserve it. He knew what he was getting himself into, old boy. Anyway, tonight is not to do with Dean Malenko, tonight it is all to do with 'Lord' Steven Regal, as I coronate this WCW World Television Championship over to the Queen of England. So tonight, after I defeat Christopher Kanyon, on free to air television, and being broadcast back to our darling Elizabeth.." "I'm sure she's in the arena, tough guy." "The Queen is in the arena?" "Miss Elizabeth is." "Swine, not even Miss Elizabeth measures up to Queen Elizabeth the second. So tonight, your magesty, this is all for you! Now if you'll excuse me old chap, I have a swine to take care of." [CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]WCW Television Championship 'Lord' Steven Regal (c) v 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Steven Regal may have thought this match was going to be a walkover, but something tells me there is something big one day in store for Kanyon. Who knows, maybe even some deranged nutcase will one day make him the company cornerstone. Na, that's too far out and looney. Regal is a turmultuous brawler, an old school brawler. But his focus was knocked for a six when Dean Malenko merely came out and stood at the top of the ramp. Inside cradle from Kanyon...1...2... No! Kanyon back up, he tried to put on the Flatliner, but Regal wriggled out, inside cradle from Regal...1..2...3! Regal got lucky tonight! [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via pinfall, and STILL WCW Television Champion, Steven Regal[/SIZE][/CENTER] As Regal looked up the ramp in disgust, SMASH! From behind he was blindsided with a steel chair by Ultimo Dragon! "Well, it doesn't look there's going to be a coronation ceremony tonight, guys," Schiavone commented. "You know this just shows the honour in the Television Championship belt. The importance of it all. Regal will have to watch from everywhere, because it's not just Dean Malenko who is gunning for that belt and a pay packet on every television show," Zbysko added. Backstage, Bret 'The Hitman' Hart stood by with 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan. "Tough guy, last night you defeated Scott Hall..." "Ah, yes I did. You see Jim, I made what some may call a threat. I call it a promise. I call it an agreement. I call it honouring an agreement. I agreed I would defeat Scott Hall in the center of the ring at Uncensored, and I did it. you see, for all the screwjob artists in this business, it all has to start somewhere. And Scott Hall led the nWo, he started the friction, he started the backroom deals. But he now knows his place. Speaking of screwjobs, did I hear right Jim?" "What do you mean?" "I could have sworn I heard Kevin Nash out here earlier tonight claiming that the referee should have stopped his match with Sting and awarded him the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. Did I hear right?" "I believe you did, tough guy." "Well, isn't that just great. Another screwjob merchant. Another short cut taker. It should make perfect sense, given he is Scott Hall's.... chum. But still a piece of me can't accept that. I can't accept anyone wanting to take shortcuts Jim. I can't stand people being.... screwed. So tonight, Kevin Nash, I want you, one on one. If you think you really are a deserving Champion, you will face up to me. But rest assured, I won't make any threats, just a promise. A promise to show you why I'm known as the Excellence of Execution. It's not a marketable slogan, it's reality. Because I am the best there is, the best there was... oh, and just ask your little friend Hall... the best there ever WILL BE!" [CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]'Big Sexy' Kevin Nash v Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Well it appears Nash is accepting his challenge. Because here he is. On his own. And looking extremely p!ssed off. Nash stands over the top of Hart, and pushes him into the corner. He goes running in with a c0cked elbow, but Hart moves out of the way, and Hart quickly straddles to the top and hits a succession of right hands. But Nash picks him up and dumps him in the middle of the ring. Nash then uses his giant right boot to separate Hart's jaw muscles, before finally the referee restrains Nash with the threat of a disqualification. Nash went to argue with the referee which gave Hart time to get to the floor and grab his breath back. He slid back in the ring, and inside of hooking up with Nash, went into a go behind position and tried to hit a forward russian legsweep, but Nash was too big, and elbowed his way out of the predicament. Hart though fought back, jumped up and slapped a hard right hand to the jaw of Nash who doubled over. Hart then quickly went to the second turnbuckle and dropped an axe handle over the back of Kevin Nash. He then dropped a head butt to the groin of Nash. Is it time for the Sharpshooter? The crowd certainly is showing a lot of commotion for the Sharpshooter. CRASH! Steel chair over the head from Scott Hall! His buddy sensed trouble, and Hart is laid out. That's what the commotion was about! [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via disqualification, Bret Hart[/SIZE][/CENTER] Post match, Kevin Nash got up limping, grabbing at his groin area, as Hall smirked standing over the top of the fallen corpse of Bret Hart. BANG! BANG! BANG! We cut backstage, the left leg is paying the ultimate penalty. But who's left leg is it that is being shattered by that steel chair. It's...It's... NO! It's BILL GOLDBERG! And standing above him is 'Hollywood' Hulk Hogan! "Come on brother, you aren't so tough now are ya..." He continued to pound away. "You say you're the new superstar huh brother, well it's time this old dog taught you a few tricks dude. You don't jump into my backyard and not expect me to tear you apart limb for limb brother." He continued to pound away, before finally the local police force came behind and restrained Hogan. Hogan wanted to break free, but the power of about 25 police officers was barely enough to restrain him. EMT's quickly raced by to check on the health of Bill Goldberg. [CENTER][I]Self High Five! n....W.....o NN...NNN...NEW WORLD ORDER[/I][/CENTER] And being led to the ring by his beautiful wife, Kimberly, the Benedict Arnold of WCW, Diamond Dallas Page, the United States Champion, of course complete with black nWo spraypoint, jived and jacked his way to the ring with a big Diamond Cutter signal through the pyros. His lovely wife opened the second and third ropes for him, and he walked into the ring before grabbing the microphone from David Penzer. "Yo, it's me. It's DDP. And the Cow Palace is about to get jacked up tonight!" The crowd were booing in Page's presence. "You love me, you hate me, but one thing's for sure, you'll never forget me. And the fact of the matter is I'm a great fighting champion. I've had my ribs cracked, I've had my fingers broken, but nobody... and I mean NOBODY keeps DDP down! And to prove it, tonight I've selected... at random, an opponent. So, if your name is Juventud Guerrera, and I repeat, NOT the Giant NOR Chris Benoit, but Juventud Guerrera, come on down and prepare to get jacked.. prepare to ... FEEL THE BANG!" [CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]nWo United States Championship 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page (c) v Juventud Guerrera[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] What an enormous opportunity for Guerrera. But what a different proposition this offered for Page. Last night he feared for his life as a big old redwood chopped into him relentlessy. Tonight, he was against a speed merchant, but a man nowhere near as physically endearing and challenging as the Giant. Try as Juventud might, Page always had something up his sleeve, and he celebrated retention via the Diamond Cutter. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via pinfall, and STILL nWo United States Champion, Diamond Dallas Page[/SIZE] [SIZE="5"][B]Chavo Guerrero Jr v Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Last night, Buff Bagwell pulled off a disgraceful victory courtesy of a stelleto to the eye from Kimberly Page over the veteran 'Macho Man' Randy Savage. He was c0ck a hook here, but Chavo Guerrero Jr came to the ring to slap the smile off his dial. And the pretty loverboy was suffering at the merciless left hands of Guerrero. He then drop kicked the drop kick out of the ring. Bagwell landed hard, and ended up landing on his beloved top hat. He was disillusioned, but not nearly as much as when he then copped a suicide plancha from Guerrero! Guerrero picked Buff back up and took him back into the ring. He then dropped to his knees and begged off, Guerrero turned around to the crowd, not sure what to do... WHACK! Low blow from Bagwell. With Chavo stumbling around, he went to the turnbuckle... BUFF BLOCKBUSTER! 1....2....3! [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via pinfall, Buff Bagwell[/SIZE][/CENTER] Buff shrugged his shoulders in innocence, before laughing evilly and posing for the cameras. "I'm still the stuff baby...ahaha.." [QUOTE][U]Last Night[/U] Savage finally began to come to, and stood up. He saw Miss Elizabeth with a stelleto in her hand, and put two and two together. He began shaking his head and waggling his finger at her. She began crying and shrugged her shoulders. "It wasn't me.." Savage looked apprehensive, he had no idea what to believe. He looked to the crowd, and pointed to Kim. The crowd booed. He pointed to Miss Elizabeth, and the crowd cheered unanamously. Savage didn't look sure, he looked to exit the ring, but then turned back in and pointed at Miss Elizabeth. She looked scared, but he leant forward and kissed her passionately! Savage smiled from ear to ear, as Miss Elizabeth began bawling![/QUOTE] [CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]'Total Package' Lex Luger, The Giant and Scott Steiner v 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho, and nWo Tag Team Champions Konnan and Curt Hennig For a shot at the WCW World Heavyweight Championship[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Six men, with a very distinct lack of teamwork here. The only real teamwork coming into play was when they would make the save, sometimes even on their own team mates. It appeared the power of the gold could overcome anything, even the trenches between the nWo and WCW. The Giant went over to the corner and began talking to his charges, who initially began arguing about the importance of a title shot, but the Giant then gave them a glare that instantaneously gelled them together. Jericho could not get the same support from Konnan and Hennig, and furthermore both refused to tag in to face the Giant. The Giant pounded with crushing right hand slaps to the ribs. Jericho rolled out, but accidentally tagged in Konnan. Konnan in... CHOKESLAM! 1....2.... Hennig in, pushes away the Giant. Here comes Scott Steiner, Jericho back in, Jericho tosses him over the top. Here comes Luger with an ax handle, but he's hit in the stomach by Jericho, who also tosses him over the top. Hennig held back the Giant as Jericho sprung off the ropes with a drop kick... which was delivered with such power that both the Giant and Hennig went over the top! The referee had lost total control of the match as Lex Luger came back into the ring, bionic elbow..no, Jericho out of the way, clothesline attempt, no Jericho hit a drop toe hold. What the... LIONTAMER! He quickly snapped it on! The Giant and Steiner came racing back to the ring, but it was too much for Luger! He couldn't hold on! JERICHO IS GETTING A TITLE SHOT AT SPRING STAMPEDE! [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via submission, and NUMBER ONE CONTENDER TO THE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP, Chris Jericho[/SIZE][/CENTER] Jericho dropped to his knees in disbelief. Scott Steiner and the Giant looked furious standing outside the ring, as Konnan and Hennig raced in the ring to give the nWo signal spotlight to Jericho. Suddenly Jericho got to his feet and just walked out of the ring. No emotion. It appeared the enormity of the situation had got to him. Here he was, about to get a shot at Sting's World Heavyweight Championship. After everything he had been through in his career, he was about to get a chance to become the leader of the professional wrestling world. We cut backstage, where EMT's are assisting Bret 'The Hitman' Hart, who is grabbing at the back of his head. 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan enters into the dressing room. "Tough guy, are you ok?" "Jim? I can see four of you at the moment. My head has been smashed into tomorrow. But I'll be... OUCH! GOD! I'll be fine. You see Jim, the only way to truly defeat a Hitman is to kill him. And come hell or high water, that will NOT be happening. Outsiders, you two are a bunch of cowards, but you aren't that smart, because if you were you would know to finish the job. You will both start learning why you don't mess with a convicted Hitman, especially the Excelle.. OUCH! Excellence of Execution!" [CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]WCW World Heavyweight Championship Sting (c) v 'Flash' Scott Norton[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Well what an opportunity for Scott Norton. His opportunity to define a career. A career littered with stagnations, a powerhouse, a brute, a bully, but never a World Heavyweight Champion. Was he being held down? Was he worthy of this spotlight? Or was Sting about to use him as a way to get vengeance over the nWo? Scott Norton came with a series of shoulder blocks, power slams, and powerful slaps. Sting was reeling. But the more Norton peeled them off, the more Sting fought back with brutal intensity. Sting was prepared to go toe to toe tonight, he was not prepared to sit back and wait. Tonight was Sting's night. His chance to prove to the wrestling world that the nWo is at his mercy. Norton was finding the tough going, he was not used to such a vibrant and punishing fight back, and soon the cardiovascular excellence of the Stinger came to the fore. Norton started throwing haymakers with no intent, no discipline, and soon enough he was whipped into the corner. STINGER SPLASH! He stumbled. SCORPION DEATH DROP! 1....2.....3! Sting retains! [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via pinfall, and STILL WCW World Heavyweight Champion, Sting[/SIZE][/CENTER] Post match, Sting went to the ropes, and held his WCW World Heavyweight Championship aloft. Tonight he had put on a wrestling display of excellence. But as he celebrated with the crowd, he turned to look up the aisle and he saw 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho. Jericho nodded, and signalled that the belt would soon be around his waist.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/thunder21.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B]Quick Picks[/B] Six Man Tag: Eddie Guerrero, Psicosis and Silver King v WCW Cruiserweight Champion Rey Mysterio Jr, Chavo Guerrero Jr and 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka WCW Television Championship: 'Lord' Steven Regal (c) v 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko Perry Saturn v 'Hollywood' Hulk Hogan nWo United States Championship: 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page (c) v Bret 'The Hitman' Hart nWo Tag Team Championships: Konnan and Curt Hennig (c) v Pipeline Feva ('Wipe Out' Evan Karagias and 'Cutback' Lash Le Roux) WCW World Heavyweight Championship: Sting (c) v Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell

Six Man Tag: [B]Eddie Guerrero[/B], [B]Psicosis[/B] and [B]Silver King[/B] v WCW Cruiserweight Champion Rey Mysterio Jr, Chavo Guerrero Jr and 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka WCW Television Championship: [B]'Lord' Steven Regal[/B] (c) v 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko Perry Saturn v [B]'Hollywood' Hulk Hogan[/B] nWo United States Championship: [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] (c) v Bret 'The Hitman' Hart [I]- The Hitman will get screwed by the nWo.[/I] nWo Tag Team Championships: [B]Konnan and Curt Hennig[/B] (c) v Pipeline Feva ('Wipe Out' Evan Karagias and 'Cutback' Lash Le Roux) WCW World Heavyweight Championship: [B]Sting[/B] (c) v Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/pwinsider-logo.gif[/IMG] [SIZE="4"][B]An Exclusive Interview with the Devil[/B][/SIZE] [I]By Dick Chease[/I][/CENTER] Last night, after a climatic WCW Monday Nitro, I had the exclusive pleasure of catching up with the infamous group leader of World Championship Wrestling. Eric Bischoff is the President of World Championship Wrestling going head to head with the World Wrestling Federation for the leadership in the professional wrestling sports entertainment market. After Starrcade 1997, a new position was opened in WCW as 'Head of Creative' which was assigned to former American Wrestling Association lackey Mark Daniels, leaving Bischoff in charge of the general day to day operations of the organisation, exclusive though of booking. However, many within the industry still claim Bischoff has a lot of stroke in the direction of the show. We caught up with him in an exclusive private interview. DC: "Eric Bischoff, thank you for talking exclusively to PWInsider.com." EB: "It's my please Richard." DC: "Oh, please, call me Dick." EB: "Whatever you say, Dick." DC: "Firstly, I want to ask you... Last Thursday at Thunder you had the announcement of 'The Enforcer' Arn Anderson being brought out as the on-screen co-owner persona in WCW. Some scribes have claimed you were not in on this, is that true?" EB: "Good question. What I can confirm is that the entire situation in WCW is open, honest and transparent. What happened at Thunder was a necessary decision. Mark Daniels has been ever mindful, and was actually handed a mandate, that allowed him to think outside the scope of the New World Order storyline and find ways to intertwine the whole operation together. And it was our view that that was the best way to do it. I'm fully supportive of the move. Mark has a lot of say in things, but rest assured I do veto his every move if I don't agree with it." DC: "That must be a difficult situation though?" EB: "It's easy if you try, Dick." DC: "How would you describe your relationship with Mark, and does he sit lower than you on the organisational chart and hence report to you." EB: "Dick, we both report to the WCW board directly. We confer together very well. I think Mark's been a great strategic recruitment for WCW." DC: "Do you think the recent upward trend in ratings is down to Mark's input?" EB: "Difficult question, Dick. I think it's down to a number of things. I think in reality a lot of things needed to happen, but I'm not sure how much I can really place on any particular aspect of our business model. For example, I don't know if the financials are turning around because of tighter cost control policies..." DC: "Tighter cost control policies? The industry rumour suggests some massively inflated contracts for senior members of the wrestling working roster." EB: "Well, I don't quite buy into that, Dick. We recruit and select members of the roster very strategically.." DC: "Is it not true that people like Randy Savage's brother, otherwise known as Leaping Lanny Poffo, have been under contract for some time and never been exposed to WCW television? With that in mind, hasn't there been some gross over-expenditure that has placed the promotion in financial jeopardy?" EB: "Leaping Lanny Poffo is something I'm not at liberty to get into right now. But the fact is, when I turned up to WCW, this promotion was running into millions of dollars of debt each and every year. By the time I got around to instituting WCW Monday Nitro as the staple diet of professional wrestling for wrestling fans right around the world it is fair to say WCW was turning a profit. Now, given some of the comments regarding some of the main eventers contracts, and some of the unused talent in the past, I would think it shows my strategic direction has been extremely sound. I would also think the pop every night in the crowd, the heat generated by the nWo, the surgence of international superstars, the buy-rates and merchandise sales, as well as the ratings delivered to my desk every Tuesday and Friday morning are all strong key performance indicators to a promotion that is financially turning a strong profit. Financial jeopardy? Relax Dick, that couldn't be further from the truth. The truth is, WCW is hot, and will remain hot. There is no way in the world this baby could die. Not in a million years. Notradamus won't strike us down in 2001, this promotion will continue to flourish. Is that all down to Eric Bischoff? Maybe? Whose really to say. I mean, off the record, I know the answer to that, you know the answer to that, if others feel the need to boost their egos by jumping on my bandwagon then what's wrong with that as long as we're turning such strong figures, right?" DC: "Finally, one last question. Last night, many critics claimed WCW was turning in a new direction with the development of a new number one contender. 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho. Many critics claim this is a space age development for a promotion like WCW, moving away from respected draws of the senior generation to wrestlers of the future. What is your response to that?" EB: "I think the move is a great one. That's all I really have to say about that." DC: "Well, Eric Bischoff, I thank you for your time." EB: "It's been my pleasure." ...... Suddenly, Eric Bischoff's phone began to ring. He flipped it back and answered it. "Terry.. Terry! Great to hear from you. Great show man, you sure as sh!t showed Bill Goldberg... Yeah, yeah... That will teach Mark Daniels' for scripting something on MY show that didn't get approved by me... Yeah, Arn Anderson wants to play games, well let's see how they fight back from that... Listen, listen, can you believe I've just had to do an interview, where they claim we're headed in a new direction away from what they call old aged main eventers... Ha! I agree.... Yeah, I 'm hearing you Terry.... I'm hearing you... No matter how much ... stroke... the nWo gives to Jericho, he'll always be a vanilla midget... Look man, let's catch up, the Seafood Restaurant down on sixth... Yeah, yeah, I'll bring the expense card. See you there!"

T-Dawg, you never fail to amaze. There was me thinking you were going to let it be by just knocking out top quality shows, keeping with the same ticket to ride as before, but that Easy E bit was brilliant. Loved the difference between the side the public sees and the side Hogan sees. And I could completely see him trying to hippy hippy shake things up after being left in the dark. I'm sure there is one hell of a backlash on the way that will shake this long and winding road to its core. You truly do make me dizzy, Miss Lizzy, this is some absolutely top notch stuff. The rest of us are gonna need some help catching up with you.

[QUOTE=keefmoon;474847]T-Dawg, you never fail to amaze. There was me thinking you were going to let it be by just knocking out top quality shows, keeping with the same ticket to ride as before, but that Easy E bit was brilliant. Loved the difference between the side the public sees and the side Hogan sees. And I could completely see him trying to hippy hippy shake things up after being left in the dark. I'm sure there is one hell of a backlash on the way that will shake this long and winding road to its core. You truly do make me dizzy, Miss Lizzy, this is some absolutely top notch stuff. The rest of us are gonna need some help catching up with you.[/QUOTE] Thanks mate. It's not that good. I reckon with how I book it the chairs in the parlour would seem empty and bare.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/thunder21.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE="6"][B]WCW Thunder Live from the Greensboro Coliseum, Greensboro, North Carolina Attendence: 15,385[/B][/SIZE] [SIZE="4"]Episode: Abuse of Power! You![/SIZE][/CENTER] We pan around the arena as the pyros go off, and I can assure you, looking at the various signs that is Flair County. "Hello everyone, and welcome to another spectacular edition of Thursday Thunder, and where abouts are we Dusty?" Tenay asks. "Live and in kulah baba.." "I'm 'Iron' Mike Tenay.." "Prafesssaaa baba.." "And with me tonight is 'The American Dream' Dusty Rhodes and tonight joining us is Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan." "Tony, you're looking well," Heenan starts off. "Tonight Tony.." "Tenay.." "That's what I said, Tony. Tonight, Buff Bagwell gets a shot at Sting for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. That hamenegger Sting is about to find out about the Stuff tonight, let me assure you." "And what an honour it is to be here in Greensboro, the home of the very first grand-daddy of them all, Starrcade." "They should tear this town and build a slum," Heenan retorts. "Whoa, listen to the bagpipes, that can only mean ONE THING!" "You don't have to yell it at me Tony. I'm not blind!" Heenan responds. Indeed, the Scottish bagpipes are blaring through the arena, and that can only mean one thing, 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper is here! The pyros boost off in the background as he comes down, kilt and all to a ring covered in tartan mat. He has three stools set up, and as always a swell smile from ear to ear as he takes the 'shtick from David Penzer. "Are you ready to get Rowdy?" The crowd pops. "Of course you are, because like me you were rowdy before rowdy was cool! Tonight on Piper's Den I've got a massive scoop. I've got the big cajones. And not just underneath the kilt either. I mean right here, in this ring, right here in Greensboro, NORTH CAROLINA! Yeah! I'm feeling Rowdy tonight.. Right here tonight, I want to bring my first guest, ladies and gentlemen... 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho!" [CENTER][I]n...W....o NN...NNN...NEW WORLD ORDER FF..FF..FOR LIFE[/I][/CENTER] And here comes the number one contender to the WCW World Heavyweight Championship himself, 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho. Jericho caused a massive upset by grabbing a submission win in a six man tag match to advance to Spring Stampede for a shot at Sting's Championship. He steps in the ring and flicks Piper the nWo sign. Jericho has with him a 'skirt' of Prince Iaukea's and also has with him red, white and blue tassles on his arms, surely a tribute to Lex Luger when he was the Lex Express. "Ah pal, you've come such a long way in such a short time. Why, I can remember you still being bent over your dad's lap and being given a hiding. Fortunately, I don't see that changing at Spring Stampede, pal." "Gunter glieben glauchen globen." "What?" "It means will you please, shut...the...hell...up! You bottom feeding rubix cube, these people are here to see one person and one person only." FLAIR! FLAIR! FLAIR! FLAIR! "OH BOY, this is Flair county," Tenay exudes. "That's right... They're all Jericholics. By the way, where's Jo-Jo at?" "Jo-Jo?" "Oh I'm sorry, you must have been watching that sh!t on that other channel when I had a bit of fun with my good friend J-J Dillon. Do you feel honoured? Do you feel compelled? Do you feel inspired? Because sherlock, you're standing opposite the number one contender to the WCW World Heavyweight Championship, pal. Can you tell me how many times you were World Heavyweight Champion?" Roddy Piper snarls, his eyes tighten. "Sorry, can't hear you?" Lightning crashes around the arena, and Sting's demonic theme kicks into play. Dropping from the rafters is the WCW World Heavyweight Champion, complete with black baseball bat, black trenchcoat and the Championship itself. He drops into the ring, detaches, and points the bat at Jericho. Jericho stumbles back a step or two, rebounds into the rope and looks around apprehensively. Jericho then slides out of the ring, still with a microphone. "This interview is over, pal. I didn't agree to this. I didn't agree to... him... being here. I just came out here like the paragon of good virtue I am, the ayotollah of rock n... ROLLA, that I am, to please all my Jericholics." "That sounds like a rather serious afflicition," Piper comments. "Blah blah blah! You bottom feeding dirty trash bag, you really need to tuck that tackle in, pal. You see what happened at Monday Night Jericho? I won a shot against you Sting, at Spring Stampede. But let me tell you something, I will never...EEEEVVVVVEEEEERRR get in that ring with you before that show, pal. So no matter how much you and old man Loch Ness there set me up, I'll be too quick, too smart, too godly to get caught out." [CENTER][I]n...W...o NN...NN...NEW WORLD ORDER[/I][/CENTER] Backstage, we see Bret 'The Hitman' Hart signing some autographs at the entrace to the Greensboro Coliseum as he comes in. "Tonight, the Hitman gets a shot at the United States Championship," Tenay comments. "Baba, I cannot wait till Bret da Hitman Hart getszz his hands aaaa on DDP," Rhodes adds. [CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]Eddie Gurerrero, Psicosis and Silver King v WCW Cruiserweight Champion Rey Mysterio Jr, Chavo Guerrero Jr and 'The Chairman of WCW' La Parka[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] You know why this is the most exciting division in professional wrestling right here, right now in 1998? Take a look at the action, I can't even call it, it's too quick, it's too vibrant. It's a wrestling extravaganza, a cavalcade of mayhem. Pure unadulterated mayhem. Even the staged old school crowd of Greensboro was warming out with utters of disbelief and bemusement as the six men took even turns to wow them into submission. After 6 and a half minutes of high octane carnage, it left four men in the ring. Psicosis, La Parka, Rey Mysterio Jr and Eddie Guerrero. Rey had other things on his mind and saw Silver King getting up on the outside so proceeded to whip out a suicide plancha. This left Eddie with La Parka, who was happily dancing, not realising what was going on, and his own team-mate Psicosis. Psicosis chased up behind La Parka, pulled him into a surfboard type move but then used the flexing power to release La Parka up, cracking at his ribs. Eddie waited patiently, and as La Parka hobbled over he got hit with the Brainbuster..... Rey came racing back in, 1...2....3. Rey was too late! The look of desperation in Rey's eyes, and the look of arrogance on the face of Eddie Guerrero was priceless. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via pinfall, Eddie Guerrero, Psicosis and Silver King[/SIZE][/CENTER] Eddie slipped a wink to Silver King on the outside, it seemed Silver King was outside the ring purely to tempt Rey Mysterio Jr to leave the side of La Parka, and it worked. Rey shook his head in disbelief, as Eddie motioned for the belt to be once again around his waist in the near future before leaving the ring pointing his index finger to the sky and then smirking as if to imitate he'd just put one over Rey. Meanwhile, backstage, 'K-Dawg' Konnan and Curt Hennig were in the nWo dressing room. A couple of pretty blonds came and sat on their laps, the one on Hennig's lap had an awesome rack, for the record. "Hey big boy... You want some of this?" "Konnan? Should I you know... perfe.." "Ahh bro, You do what you got to bro. What's your name yo?" "No, it's Gemma.." "Gemma, why don't you touch this? NO! NO! Not that, we can't have Standards and Practices come down on us hooch. I mean my nWo hat." She touches it. "That's enough! We'll be banging all night with you senioritas just a little later, fo shore we'll be getting bawdy bawdy and..." "Errr, rawdy rawdy?" Hennig responds. "Ahhh yeah, just a little later. But first of all, tonight holmes, esse, we have to retain the gold. The bling bling bro." "Oh, I'm hearing you. Because that would be perfe.." "Bawdy bawdy and rawdy rawdy! Ahh yeah!" Backstage, we see 'Macho Man' Randy Savage dressed in a black tuxedo, with a white shirt and slick black tie. His madness sunglasses though remain on, as does his green and white madness bandana. He is looking apprehensive. "Later on tonight, we catch up with Randy Savage and the adorable Miss Elizabeth!" Tenay comments. We cut to the dressing room of the 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair, who is strutting up and down inside the room. He's not in a sequined robe, no, all the colours of the rainbow are hanging proudly behind him. He's wearing a brown Armani suit, with his hair slicked back. "Tonight also, 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair has an important announcement," Tenay comments. "Tony, I wonder if he's the third man?" "What? And it's Tenay." "Tenay, Tony, boy what a complex you have over your name." [CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]WCW Television Championship 'Lord' Steven Regal (c) v 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Supreme tension. Regal fears the repurcussions, and Malenko has vengeance in mind. The cynical way Malenko lost the title, and just as importantly the unceremonious attack dubbed on him post match by Regal only stands to temper the flare so much more. Regal tried to use the outside the ring to slow Malenko's adrenalin down, but the usually staged second generation superstar was having none of it and followed Regal to the outside. Regal would escape back in, and use the leverage of being in the ring to his advantage. Malenko would be brought back in the hard way with a high vertical suplex. This allowed Regal to slow the match down, he tried to keep this to some mat wrestling to try and wear Malenko's anger levels down. To use his aggresion against himself. To cause him to beat himself. Regal would taunt Malenko and get Malenko to expend more energy than necessary to try and turn it over. Malenko then out wrestled Regal on the mat and went into a go behind position applying a bow and arrow lock on Regal. Regal was eventually able to break it. Malenko started to gain momentum and using his emotion he took Regal to his feet and started to use some high impact moves. Firstly a simple power slam. And then Malenko picked Regal and dropped him with a T-Bone Suplex. Regal was stuttering, Tiger Suplex bridged...1....2....th...NO! Regal kicked out. Malenko picked Regal up, and looked for it again, but Regal bit at Malenko's nose, causing Malenko to release, Regal then pointed up the entrance way imitating someone was able to interfere causing both Malenko and referee Mickey Jay to lose concentration, allowing Regal to reach into his trunks and pull out a set of brass knucks. WHAM! Down went Malenko as Regal threw the knucks away. Regal with the cover...1....2....3! [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via pinfall, and STILL WCW Television Champion, Steven Regal[/SIZE][/CENTER] Post match, Regal got on his knees in front of Malenko, and waited for the groggy second generation to slowly come to. He then took the WCW Television Championship and showed it to the face of Malenko, particularly pointing out the name on the belt. He then proceeded to lariat Malenko mercilessly again with the coveted belt! What was the meaning of that? Hadn't Regal already got enough reward? "God, what is wrong with that man?" "He just got beaten Tony, you'd be pretty distraught too. It's a bad feeling when you lose, all you can do is lie there." "You amaze me Larry." "Bobby, is it that hard?" "Playazzz, Playazzzz, we can all get along here, its like you two livin on da edge of a lidnin bolt." "I've just had word that tonight, Sting will indeed be putting the WCW World Heavyweight Championship on the line, against Buff Bagwell!" Backstage, Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell is in the nWo dressing room with 'Flash' Scott Norton. "Oh, god, did you just hear?" "Yeah, I heard. I shoulda pummeled him!" Norton snarls. Bagwell gets on his knee and flexes his biceps. "What do you think?" "What do you mean?" "For my victory pose, tonight, bro?" Norton just shakes his head. "Ahhh, you're right. That would be uncomfortable with the big gold belt around my waist, don't want to cut into my abs...ahaha..." Backstage, we see 'Macho Man' Randy Savage apprehensively walking the back halls of the Greensboro Coliseum outside a locker room door. Click. It opens, and out steps Miss Elizabeth. And oh my! She's looking foxy indeed. No more black for Liz, she's in the tight hugging flashy white dress, with matching white handbag, high heel shoes. She looks a million dollars. Savage's jaw drops, as he quickly removes his sunglasses. "You look.... unbelievable yeah." "Well, I hope you're ready to ... dig it," Liz says with a wink. Savage gulps. "I sure am yeah, but I was thinking yeah maybe I could start treating you oh I don't know like a woman yeah and maybe we could go slow." Liz leans up and kisses Savage on the lips, that was music to her ears. [CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]'Hollywood' Hulk Hogan v Perry Saturn[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Raven sat in the Flock area, and almost laxidazically bowed down to Hogan as he approached the ring. It was clear Raven wanted to sit back and enjoy Saturn get destroyed tonight. But it wouldn't happen. Saturn gave the fight of his life, and began to push the veteran Hogan to the limits. And in came the flying army, after referee Billy Silverman had taken a bump, Reese came up and tried to chokeslam Saturn, but Saturn head butted him, Kidman came in, leapt off the top rope looking for a cross body block, but Saturn caught him and dropped him with the Death Valley Driver, but Lodi came prepared with a sign reading "Hogan 4 Prez" and smacked it over Saturns' head. When Lodi peeled back the sign, behind it was the Stop Sign. Hogan looked up and grinned, and woke Billy Silverman up. Hogan into the ropes... LEG DROP OF DOOM! 1...2...3! [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via pinfall, Hollywood Hulk Hogan[/SIZE][/CENTER] The Scottish bagpipes start up again, but this time 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper isn't alone. Coming out with him is the 7 foot monster, the Giant. And he looks angry. "You know Hogan, I've been beating you for so long I've sent you bald, pal! Aha! Sadly, you haven't got rid of me just yet. Let me introduce you to me new client. Giant, Hogan, Hogan, Giant. Glad you could make your acquantances. Giant, how do you feel about Hogan?" The Giant merely grabs his big right paw and thrusts it in the air in the sign of the Chokeslam. Hogan is in the ring begging off, he wants none of this. "Looks good. You see Hulk, the big redwood here was a bit upset by your attack on a good friend of his. You may have all heard of him." GOLDBERG! GOLDBERG! GOLDBERG! "That's him, pal. So at Spring Stampede, the big redwood here has taken it upon himself to get revenge. YEAH! I beat your a$$ in for a decade, and I'm still taking tickets to beat your @$$ in. Rowdy is still rowdy, and cool is still cool! HA!" The Giant storms into the ring, and climbs over the top rope. He walks up to Hogan who is backed into the corner, and stands over the top of him. His eyes deeply stalking out the eyes of Hogan. Hogan looks petrified but is powerless. The Giant goes to slap Hogan's chest raw.. "Hold it Giant, at Spring Stampede, build up that anger till then and then... Flick, unleash the switch. HA!" [CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]nWo United States Championship 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page (c) v Bret 'The Hitman' Hart[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Two wiley competitors, two veteran campaigners. Two legends of the sport from differing backgrounds and ultimately different end points. One legend turned himself into a wrestler, the other was born into it. These two are both at the heights of their fame, and the crowd was subsequently drawn on the edge of their seat awaiting the proceeding bout. And when the two men eventually stopped circling and hooked up, you could cut the tension with a knife. A massive release of heat when into the crowd when they hooked up, this was one of the moments that they had all been waiting for. Bret Hart was all over Page like mustard on a hot dog. Page was trying valiantly to slow him down, and begged off effectively a couple of times, and also used the referee as a shield, but Hart was determined. Tonight would be his night. He would attain the strap. He would take away the most prized possession of the nWo right in front of their eyes. He would outwrestle them all, and show for once and for all that the nWo was there for the taking. Hart signalled to the fans that it was time to start preparing for the Sharpshooter. DDP pulled referee Nick Patrick in the way again, and this time Bret Hart shoulder blocked him. Still, Hart kept preparing. And he started to tie Page up for the Sharpshooter, but the two stalwarts, the two cornerstones, the two book-ends of the nWo, Nash and Hall, these two Outsiders walked to the ring. Hart kept trying to put on the Sharpshooter oblivious to what was going on behind him. Both men strode in the ring and pushed Hart off Page. Hart turned around, and the Outsiders started pumelling him. They woke Page up, and he signalled it was time for the Diamond Cutter. But before he could put it on, Chris Benoit raced into the ring, and he began brawling with both the Outsiders! Referee Nick Patrick came to to see the ensuing wild scenes, and called for the bell! [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via double disqualification, no result, and STILL nWo United States Champion, Diamond Dallas Page[/SIZE][/CENTER] The wild brawl continued, with no one gaining an advantage. Suddenly Doug Dillenger and the WCW Happy Police stormed the ring and tried to separate Hart and Benoit from the nWo triad. Nash and Hall hypocritically were angry that Benoit had attacked in the middle of the match, say what? Suddenly the nWo broke through the Dillenger forcefield, but as the brawl looked set to take on it's own extra terrestrial lifeform, 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith and Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart stormed the ring and this caused Diamond Dallas Page and the Outsiders to flea ecstatic to be in one piece. [CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]nWo Tag Team Championships 'K-Dawg' Konnan and Curt Hennig (c) v Pipeline Feva ('Wipeout' Evan Karagias and 'Cutback' Lash Le Roux)[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] "Yo yo yo, you know what time it is?" Le Roux exhaulted on the microphone as the two men came out in singlets and board shorts. "It's time to ride the Pipiline Feva, baby," Karagias responded. "SURF'S UP!" Surf's up? Can't they think up a better gimmick? Still, they're in their Billabong gear and trying to pull it off I guess. Lash even had a touch of zinc on his nose, but that was soon beaten off handsomely by Curt Hennig. Evan Karagias was tagged in and lit the crowd up with a series of quick spots, blowing the cover off Konnan and Hennig. Hennig started to lose his cool, but Karagias kept dropping him with drop kicks and arm drag takedowns. Karagias went to the top looking for the Malibu Wipeout, a stunning rolling Senton Splash, but Hennig raised his knees at just the right time. Lash Le Roux ran in but was clotheslined by Konnan, leaving Hennig to apply the Hennig-plex on Karagias for the pinfall. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winners:[/B] Via pinfall, and STILL nWo Tag Team Champions, Konnan and Curt Hennig[/SIZE][/CENTER] Backstage, 'Total Package' Lex Luger is looking to leave the arena. The light is very dim as he opens the door to his GM, WHACK! The door is slammed on his right foot! As we look up, we can see the dreadlocked hair of Raven! What was the meaning of that? [I]Also Sprach Zarathusta[/I] begins playing around the arena, and this pro-Flair crowd, here in Greensboro, North Carolina, goes absolutely crazy. Here comes the 'Nature Boy', no sequined robes, just a pure brown Armani business suit. 'Slick' Ric is in the house, and he struts down to the ring, and kisses a couple of the ladies at ringside as if he personally knows them (and probably does). In the ring, he looks up, and sees the crowd chanting, as a tear comes into his eyes. "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" He then struts, and the crowd goes crazy. "Diamonds are forever, and so is Slick Ric, the Nature Boy, the dirtiest player in the game. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Space Mountain is still alive and well baby, I've kissed all the girls in the arena tonight, from mother to daughter it was the best night of your lives. Space Mountain still has...WOOOOO the longest line in the park, baby." Just then, a montage of Eric Bischoff appears on the big Thunder screen. "And that's... why... I'm... here...TONIGHT! TONIGHT! TONIGHT! IN GREENSBORO, NORTH CAROLINA! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! You see, I've got a few things to get off my chest. That man right there tried to end the career of the Nature Boy. He tried to fire the Nature Boy. What next Eric? Do you want me to dye my hair and call myself Sparticus? Let me tell you something about WCW. WCW is... terminal. And I'll tell you why? WOOOOOOO!!! Because everytime WCW comes to the Carolinas, they screw it all up. Why? Because of the hidden agendas! Because of the politics! You Eric Bischoff, you! You ...abuse of power... You!" Eric Bischoff steps out under the Thunder screen and demands Bischoff's microphone be cut off, but we cut to the backstage area, in the production truck and 'The Enforcer' Arn Anderson is preventing that from happening. "You! Abuse of power! You! You are a liar, you're a a cheat. You're a no good... son of a b!tch!" "Cut him off! Get out of here Flair, this is my company." "What are you going to do Eric? Fire me? Go on, Fire me! I'm already fired! WOOOOOOOOO!!! Fire me! I'm already fired! This jacket, $5,000." Flair peels off his brown Armani jacket and drops it to the mat. He then proceeds to give it an elbow drop. And another. And another. He then begins to mess up his hair. "You! Abuse of power! I hate your guts. I can't stand you! And I won't stop... WOOOOOOOO!!! Until the Carolinas are respected again. I won't stop till professional wrestling gets back it's tradition. It's heart. It's character. And I won't stop until by god, WOOOOOOOO!!! You're history, pal! Learn to live with it, learn to love it, because it's the best thing going today that I'm coming after .... YOU!" Doug Dillenger and the Happy Police are here again, and Flair goes in peace, happy to be cuffed. As he passes Bischoff, he turns around and spits in his face. After the break, 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho comes down to ringside to join the commentary team. "And we've been joined by.." "Shut up Tony," Jericho interrupts. "It's Tenay." "Tony, I'm not interested, I don't have time for your pathetic jokes or your pathetic little tales about how this is the greatest night in the history of our sport blah blah blah..." "Well sizzzlling picklessszzz, what da hell is wrong with you boooy?" Dusty Rhodes asks. "I remember you. My dad told me about you. You're that Rhodes guy, right?" "Dusty, pay the man some respect. You're looking at the soon to be WCW World Heavyweight Champion. It's a priveledge for you to be here Chris, Tony, Larry, let the man speak!" "Why thank you Bobby!" [CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]WCW World Heavyweight Championship Sting (c) v Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Chris Jericho flicked Buff the nWo sign as he passed on his way to face the demonic solitary warrior, Sting. You could hear the crowd still abuzz with Flair's announcements. Had they already 'popped'? Fortunately, this was not going to be a masterclass. Bagwell just needs to tighten his match psychology up a little before that can be the case. And Bagwell was probably the right man for this situation, slowing the match down with a lot of posing. But Sting, while being taken down initially by Bagwell, took advantage of one pose too many. Bagwell was flummoxed. He rolled to the outside and was pursued by Sting, he passed the table where Jericho sat and Jericho made some derogatory comments about him. Bagwell was sent back into the ring, and Sting continued the crusade. Bagwell sent into the corner... STINGER SPLASH! And again... STINGER SPLASH! At ringside, Jericho's jaw was dropping. He then hit the SCORPION DEATH DROP! Even Jericho had to start giving Sting some of his dues. Sting then went for the SCORPION DEATHLOCK! He turned him over... GOT HIM! Bagwell immediately started tapping, he couldn't even wait for Jericho to hit the ring for the attempted save! [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via submission, and STILL WCW World Heavyweight Champion, Sting[/SIZE][/CENTER] Post match, 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho took Sting's baseball bat and whacked him over the back of the head. He stood over the top of his fallen opponent, before turning around and smiling. He went to leave the ring, and turned around... STING WAS BACK ON HIS FEET! Jericho's jaw dropped as we went off the air!

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/nitro.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B]Quick Picks[/B] Chavo Guerrero Jr v Ultimo Dragon 'Dog Faced Gremlin' Rick Steiner v Stevie Ray WCW Television Championship: 'Lord' Steven Regal (c) v Wrath Kidman and 'The Laughing Man' Hugh Morrus v Perry Saturn and 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon 'Hollywood' Hulk Hogan v Johnny Grunge The Outsiders v 'British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith and Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko v Disco Inferno The Giant v Masahiro Chono WCW World Heavyweight Championship: Sting (c) v 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho

[QUOTE=tristram;475256]A couple of pretty blonds came and sat on their laps, the one on Hennig's lap had an awesome rack, for the record.[/QUOTE] Ah, Tristy, beer nearly spilt over my keyboard. Classic line. Another great show brother, but of course the highlight was Flair's promo. Nice link to the old Bisch promo without copying, I know he works alongside Benoit but he still has so much to offer. Please let Flair have one more run, you know no-one can carry dubceedub like the Natureboy... WOOOOOOO.... Ric Flair! [B]Chavo Guerrero Jr[/B] v Ultimo Dragon [I]Great match up, Chavito Heat is the more used so he'll win[/I] 'Dog Faced Gremlin' Rick Steiner v [B]Stevie Ray[/B] [I]Battle of the less interesting brothers... Stevie is more active, so him[/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]'Lord' Steven Regal (c)[/B] v Wrath [I]Good God, Trist, enough with Wrath! I know you like him (and we accept your character flaw) but with so many talented people stop using bloomin' Wrath![/I] [B]Kidman and 'The Laughing Man' Hugh Morrus[/B] v Perry Saturn and 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon [I]Flock could do with the rub. Nice one putting Morrus in there, he has the look. Not so sure about how his name fits in with the Flock[/I] 'Hollywood' Hulk Hogan v [B]Johnny Grunge[/B] [I]Johnny Grunge, FTW! He'll kick out of the Leg Drop, Hulk up, no sell a couple of punches, big boot and the leg drop! Or... he'll spend 25 minutes walking to the ring and 30 seconds Spearing and Jackhammering the Big Orange M&M to win. FTW![/I] [B]The Outsiders [/B]v 'British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith and Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart [I]You see, this is the only problem with this diary in my opinion. Everything is literally world class, but guys like Neidhart and Davey Boy (not exactly Ric Flair, I'll give you, but useful names to have around) get occassionally jobbed then not used but Wrath gets shot after shot at the TV Title on a weekly basis. Sorry, I just hate Wrath...[/I] [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B] v Disco Inferno [I]Disco's the man, but Dean-O makes him look like a small child. He'll wrestle circles around him[/I] [B]The Giant [/B]v Masahiro Chono [I]Push The Giant![/I] WCW World Heavyweight Championship: [B]Sting (c)[/B] v 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho [I]Not sure why we're having this match now, but Stinger will win or Jericho will get DQ or something. Either way, this won't be about the match as much as the angle to build towards Stampede[/I]

[B]Chavo Guerrero Jr[/B] v Ultimo Dragon [B]'Dog Faced Gremlin' Rick Steiner[/B] v Stevie Ray WCW Television Championship: [B]'Lord' Steven Regal[/B] (c) v Wrath Kidman and 'The Laughing Man' Hugh Morrus v [B]Perry Saturn and 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon [/B] [B]'Hollywood' Hulk Hogan[/B] v Johnny Grunge [B]The Outsiders[/B] v 'British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith and Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B] v Disco Inferno [B]The Giant[/B] v Masahiro Chono WCW World Heavyweight Championship: [B]Sting[/B] (c) v 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho

Guest cmdrsam
[B]Chavo Guerrero Jr[/B] v Ultimo Dragon [B]'Dog Faced Gremlin' Rick Steiner[/B] v Stevie Ray WCW Television Championship: [B]'Lord' Steven Regal[/B] (c) v Wrath Kidman and 'The Laughing Man' Hugh Morrus v [B]Perry Saturn and 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon[/B] [B]'Hollywood' Hulk Hogan[/B] v Johnny Grunge The Outsiders v [B]'British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith and Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart[/B] [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B] v Disco Inferno [B]The Giant[/B] v Masahiro Chono WCW World Heavyweight Championship: [B]Sting (c)[/B] v 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho I may not agree with everythign that you do. But I know you have a purpose with every match, every angle. And the way you put the ideas from your head to screen is great. I may not post each and every time you run your card. But please know I always read what you post sir. Keep up the great work.

• 2 weeks later...
Dear all followers of the Prequel, Sorry there have been no shows of late. Truth be told, I'm not sure where the next one will come from. At the moment as some of my mates here know I'm doing a Bachelors Degree, coupled with a full time job and a family... for one of th efirst times in my degree, I am really stumped on a subject. It's Financial Management, sounds all well and good but some of the formulas are a bit deceptive and tricky. Algebraic equations were never my happy point in school :D Also, I will be changing jobs within my company, and what that means is my early finishes are basically a thing of the past so that when I finish, I'm home with my family rather than waiting for my family to come home. So then I've got to try and double up on work reporting, study and my family in a limited time frame and some things kinda give way. Prequel may well come back soon, I've just got to gauge how the new changes affect me and my time but at the moment I'm busier than a Alaskan Igloo Builder. FTR, I have most of the year booked out in TEW, it's more a matter of transcribing that to here which as all you diary writers know is no five minute flash in the pan job. Thanks to those who have messaged... hopefully I'll be around again soon in the near future.

Archived