WCW 1998: A prequel to "Death of WCW"

[QUOTE=The-619;573863]Yeah I am serious, didn't think it'd be in an image search engine. But nah it's cool you can keep it up I was just pretty shocked to see that from my old BTB years ago. And as for Photoshop I haven't really used it in about a year but I did improve alot after I made that poster. I might get to reading this BTB later on if I have more spare time on my hands, the reason I started a 1998 WCW one a couple of years ago was cause I have all the 97 Nitro episodes on dvd and wanted to make one on that so this should be interesting.[/QUOTE] That's cool having all the Nitros mate, 1997 was a wicked year. The Sting angle is by far and away my all time favourite angle. Like I said before, Sting's fight against the nWo is what got me back into wrestling again. Where I came from we got WWF Pay-Per-Views (the big 4 anyway) till about 1991 (and also some house shows where you knew who was going to win and they won very handsomely very quickly), and then till about 1996 we got nothing. Then all of a sudden we got Monday Nitro, and I could not believe the massive, massive, massive change in wrestling. Here you had this cutting edge product, when I was young watching WWF no one told you it was not for real and as a kid you let your mind race, but then seeing WCW do what they did when you were clearly older it was like your mind was thinking which part of this ISN'T real. 1997 was just a magic, magic year for WCW. I really do appreciate the poster mate, I really do like it. You obviously have a creative streak and I'd love to see more of your work. Thanks very much, and I really do hope you find the time to real this bad boy and give me your thoughts. It's great to see people on the boards talking about their love for WCW again! [QUOTE=angeldelayette;573875]Quick Picks WCW Television Championship: [B]'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle (c)[/B] v Hiriyoshi Tenzan [I]Olympic Slam continues the build for Kurt Angle.[/I] Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell v [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B] [I]Malenko's GOTTA win this one....right?[/I] [B]West Hollywood Blondes[/B] v Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart and 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith [I]As much as I don't want to pick them it just seems to fit.[/I] Silver King and Latin Passion (Juventud Guerrera and Hector Garza) v [B]Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) and Billy Kidman[/B] [I]The International portion of Nitro ends in a chairshot![/I] WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Psicosis[/B] (c) v 'Cutback' Lash Le Roux [I]The Champ retains.[/I] [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] v Brian Adams [I]Whoooooo![/I] WCW United States Championship: [B]'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit (c)[/B] v 'Total Package' Lex Luger [I]A hard-fought victory for Benoit.[/I] WCW World Heavyweight Champion [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho and 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] v The Giant and Rey Mysterio Jr [I]Either Jericho sneaks out the victory here by pinning Rey or the heels leave the ring and take the countout. I'm going with the first.[/I][/QUOTE] Thanks for the tips, mate. I'm continuing to follow your 1996 take on WCW by the way, can't wait to see what happens next ;)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WCW Television Championship: [B]'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle (c)[/B] v Hiriyoshi Tenzan Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell v [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B] [B]West Hollywood Blondes[/B] v Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart and 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith [B]Silver King and Latin Passion (Juventud Guerrera and Hector Garza)[/B] v Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) and Billy Kidman WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Psicosis (c)[/B] v 'Cutback' Lash Le Roux [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] v Brian Adams WCW United States Championship: [B]'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit (c)[/B] v 'Total Package' Lex Luger WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho and 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page v [B]The Giant and Rey Mysterio Jr [/B] Sorry I haven't commented before, I don't really comment on a lot of diary's, but I really like yours. I really like what you're doing with Regal, I think it's great.

WCW Television Championship: [B]'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle[/B] (c) v Hiriyoshi Tenzan [I]He's been on a role as of late and I don't see him dropping the strap just yet[/I] Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell v [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B] [I]Surely...[/I] [B]West Hollywood Blondes[/B] v Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart and 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith [I]Anvil and Davey haven't being winning a whole lot lately[/I] Silver King and Latin Passion (Juventud Guerrera and Hector Garza) v [B]Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) and Billy Kidman[/B] [I]Billy Bambino should be his name for the night... please?[/I] WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Psicosis (c)[/B] v 'Cutback' Lash Le Roux [I]I can't see any of the champs losing tonight tbh[/I] [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] v Brian Adams [I]Wooooo! Naitcha Boi![/I] WCW United States Championship: [B]'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit (c)[/B] v 'Total Package' Lex Luger [I]See above[/I] [B]WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho and 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] v The Giant and Rey Mysterio Jr [I]Really tough call. Either Giant goes on a tear and dominates, or Mysterio takes the loss. [/I]

Sorry it has taken a while to leave feedback, but I wanted to leave something meaningful. Problem is, I think I've said it all before! Jericho is still coming across nicely as champion and I get more sold on the idea with every show. I don't know if maybe I was hoping for a slow build to the title like you seem to be doing with Benoit or what, but hey, I'm on board with it now. The highlight of the last show for me was the ending. Sure it was a bit clustery, but it was a great moment. You've got Sting, this avenger type, a Giant, the smallest guy on the roster and a prototype of a professional wrestler all teaming up to take down the nWo. It was a great little moment. The nWo still look strong but maybe WCW have realised they can't rely on one man to take them down. I may be well off, but it felt like a turning of the tide moment in the nWo vs WCW war. WCW Television Championship: [B]'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle (c)[/B] v Hiriyoshi Tenzan [I]In real life of course Angle was still pretty green up until about May 2000, but you've booked him solidly and he's bound to learn from the incredible talents he is working with[/I] Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell v [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B] [I]Bagwell is a douche from what I've read and Malenko is so supremely talented, I really hope he gets the win[/I] West Hollywood Blondes v [B]Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart and 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith[/B] [I]I often wonder whether Davey Boy and Neidhart regretted their decision to walk out on WWF. Obviously they felt they couldn't continue but this diary shows that even with the best will in the world, they were always bound to get sucked in to the midcard obscurity[/I] Silver King and Latin Passion (Juventud Guerrera and Hector Garza) v [B]Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) and Billy Kidman[/B] [I]Hopefully we'll start to see Kidman take off a little bit in this[/I] WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Psicosis (c)[/B] v 'Cutback' Lash Le Roux [I]Psicosis is a great champion[/I] 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair v [B]Brian Adams[/B] [I]Only kidding[/I] WCW United States Championship: 'Rabid Wolverine' [B]Chris Benoit[/B] (c) v 'Total Package' Lex Luger [I]Big title defence for Benoit. Obviously Luger isn't the name he used to be but it is still a bit win for the Wolverine[/I] WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho and 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page v [B]The Giant and Rey Mysterio Jr[/B] [I]Little and large deal another blow to nWo. Jericho will retain the belt against the Giant but by God are WCW going to make it hard in the time being.[/I] Looks to be another cracking show.

WCW Television Championship: [B]'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle (c)[/B] v Hiriyoshi Tenzan Angle may not be the Angle he is today at this point (although some may argue that as a positive!) but he still won a gold freakin medal with a broken freakin neck! [B]Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell[/B] v 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko Even though I have a man-crush on Malenko and as stated Buff is a grade A douche, given the right circumstances he could have been huge. West Hollywood Blondes v [B]Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart and 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith[/B] I can't go against my Homie Bulldog (on a side note, everytime I try and type Bulldog my hand wants to type "Bulldong" and that is many kinds of wrong) Silver King and Latin Passion (Juventud Guerrera and Hector Garza) v [B]Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) and Billy Kidman [/B] I didn't know too much about WCW at this point, but my friend at school was a massive fan and the one guy he always raved about was La Parka. That's what got me watching Nitro so this is perhaps a nostalgia pick. WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Psicosis (c)[/B] v 'Cutback' Lash Le Roux Its Psicosis dammit! 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair v [B]Brian Adams[/B] Come on, if enough people say it, it might come true! WCW United States Championship:[B] 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit (c)[/B] v 'Total Package' Lex Luger (To the tune of his WWE theme via a Kazoo) Chris Benoit is here and he's really mad Chris Benoit is here and he's really ang-ree! Here it is in full, the Chris Benoit Song Is there any wrestler who can prove him wrong! [B]WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho and 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] v The Giant and Rey Mysterio Jr Diamond cutters all round! Looking forward to the show.

[QUOTE=The-619;574186]When I was a kid I never really was into WCW, always WWF (around 1997 or 98 I started watching) and only a couple of years ago did I get into WCW, Sting/Hogan feud is just amazing though it's a crime it ended in a terrible match.[/QUOTE] Oh mate, you are not wrong it's a crime for how it ended. Sting should have gone over clean. I wouldn't have minded either if it was a real fast count, and Sting had have kicked out. But what actually happened was a slow count, no kick out, and Sting still laying on the mat when Bret Hart grabs the timekeeper. One of two things should have happened, a clean defiant win by Sting, or there is a very fast count and Sting kicking out just at the third count and then Bret Hart does the rest. The latter would have been fine because it could have moved Bret Hart onto a Hogan feud, which every wrestling fan would have loved to have seen. They would have sold very heavily with that feud IMO. At that time, Bret Hart genuinely could have a great match with anyone and I'm sure he would have even made Hogan interesting. Hogan gets a bad wrap a lot of the time, and rightfully so, but at the end of 1997 while he could barely wrestle he was still extremely charismatic in his heel role and thus getting him into a feud with a guy who could carry him would have been good for him too. [QUOTE=De@d_fr0g;574202]WCW Television Championship: [B]'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle (c)[/B] v Hiriyoshi Tenzan Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell v [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B] [B]West Hollywood Blondes[/B] v Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart and 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith [B]Silver King and Latin Passion (Juventud Guerrera and Hector Garza)[/B] v Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) and Billy Kidman WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Psicosis (c)[/B] v 'Cutback' Lash Le Roux [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] v Brian Adams WCW United States Championship: [B]'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit (c)[/B] v 'Total Package' Lex Luger WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho and 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page v [B]The Giant and Rey Mysterio Jr [/B] Sorry I haven't commented before, I don't really comment on a lot of diary's, but I really like yours. I really like what you're doing with Regal, I think it's great.[/QUOTE] Thanks a lot for your comments mate. Regal was a bit underestimated in WCW, and it's been fun bringing him to light a little more. [QUOTE=iMac;574230]WCW Television Championship: [B]'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle[/B] (c) v Hiriyoshi Tenzan [I]He's been on a role as of late and I don't see him dropping the strap just yet[/I] Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell v [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B] [I]Surely...[/I] [B]West Hollywood Blondes[/B] v Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart and 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith [I]Anvil and Davey haven't being winning a whole lot lately[/I] Silver King and Latin Passion (Juventud Guerrera and Hector Garza) v [B]Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) and Billy Kidman[/B] [I]Billy Bambino should be his name for the night... please?[/I] WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Psicosis (c)[/B] v 'Cutback' Lash Le Roux [I]I can't see any of the champs losing tonight tbh[/I] [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] v Brian Adams [I]Wooooo! Naitcha Boi![/I] WCW United States Championship: [B]'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit (c)[/B] v 'Total Package' Lex Luger [I]See above[/I] [B]WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho and 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] v The Giant and Rey Mysterio Jr [I]Really tough call. Either Giant goes on a tear and dominates, or Mysterio takes the loss. [/I][/QUOTE] Thanks for the tips mate, glad to see you in the diary as you are definitely a legend of these forums. I'm glad you mentioned that I haven't done a lot with Davey Boy and Neidhart, but last night while I was reading Bret Hart's autobiography a plan hit me. It won't necessarily be massive, but I think Davey himself would have liked it. Sadly, it'll have to be at the start of '99 due to how far ahead I've booked, but it's definitely going in the notes. I kinda feel I've let down Davey Boy and Neidhart somewhat, although they definitely weren't at their peak at this stage of this career the truth is I did like them both at various times in their career. Of course, it's hard not to like someone associated with Bret Hart as both men off screen and at times on screen were. [QUOTE=keefmoon;574233]Sorry it has taken a while to leave feedback, but I wanted to leave something meaningful. Problem is, I think I've said it all before! Jericho is still coming across nicely as champion and I get more sold on the idea with every show. I don't know if maybe I was hoping for a slow build to the title like you seem to be doing with Benoit or what, but hey, I'm on board with it now. The highlight of the last show for me was the ending. Sure it was a bit clustery, but it was a great moment. You've got Sting, this avenger type, a Giant, the smallest guy on the roster and a prototype of a professional wrestler all teaming up to take down the nWo. It was a great little moment. The nWo still look strong but maybe WCW have realised they can't rely on one man to take them down. I may be well off, but it felt like a turning of the tide moment in the nWo vs WCW war. WCW Television Championship: [B]'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle (c)[/B] v Hiriyoshi Tenzan [I]In real life of course Angle was still pretty green up until about May 2000, but you've booked him solidly and he's bound to learn from the incredible talents he is working with[/I] Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell v [B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko[/B] [I]Bagwell is a douche from what I've read and Malenko is so supremely talented, I really hope he gets the win[/I] West Hollywood Blondes v [B]Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart and 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith[/B] [I]I often wonder whether Davey Boy and Neidhart regretted their decision to walk out on WWF. Obviously they felt they couldn't continue but this diary shows that even with the best will in the world, they were always bound to get sucked in to the midcard obscurity[/I] Silver King and Latin Passion (Juventud Guerrera and Hector Garza) v [B]Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) and Billy Kidman[/B] [I]Hopefully we'll start to see Kidman take off a little bit in this[/I] WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Psicosis (c)[/B] v 'Cutback' Lash Le Roux [I]Psicosis is a great champion[/I] 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair v [B]Brian Adams[/B] [I]Only kidding[/I] WCW United States Championship: 'Rabid Wolverine' [B]Chris Benoit[/B] (c) v 'Total Package' Lex Luger [I]Big title defence for Benoit. Obviously Luger isn't the name he used to be but it is still a bit win for the Wolverine[/I] WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho and 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page v [B]The Giant and Rey Mysterio Jr[/B] [I]Little and large deal another blow to nWo. Jericho will retain the belt against the Giant but by God are WCW going to make it hard in the time being.[/I] Looks to be another cracking show.[/QUOTE] THanks for your comments mate. The Jericho move was like I say one that I thought about long and hard, every now and then I wonder if I could have done things differently like for instance move the belt onto Bret Hart and bring Jericho into the fold, but I have a long drawn out plan for it. I guess the reason I didn't go for the obvious Bret Hart moment straightaway was because it took me a little while to get over what really happened with Bret in WCW, which was the most manaical booking ever. Bret to me is not nWo, there was a clear angle to be played... The great thing with WCW at the time, despite it's poor booking which would completely ruin this coming comment, is that there really were a host of wrestlers who could carry the WCW title well, I probably came from left field with one but in the long run I think he has all the attributes of a great champion, I felt that at the time also in 1998, and certainly in 1999 WWF was starting to show the world it could be done. I always regretted it never happening in a WCW ring properly, even though for me he always stole the show with some funny..funny...funny stuff co-mingled with awesome wrestling. His interviews were sharp, his humour against Malenko was wicked, his 'streak' against mini-Goldberg was hillarious and above all I will never....EVVVVERRRR forget the 'list of 1004 holds' he had one night. I just HAD to reward him for making me laugh so hard :D [QUOTE=BoomKing;574486]WCW Television Championship: [B]'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle (c)[/B] v Hiriyoshi Tenzan Angle may not be the Angle he is today at this point (although some may argue that as a positive!) but he still won a gold freakin medal with a broken freakin neck! [B]Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell[/B] v 'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko Even though I have a man-crush on Malenko and as stated Buff is a grade A douche, given the right circumstances he could have been huge. West Hollywood Blondes v [B]Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart and 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith[/B] I can't go against my Homie Bulldog (on a side note, everytime I try and type Bulldog my hand wants to type "Bulldong" and that is many kinds of wrong) Silver King and Latin Passion (Juventud Guerrera and Hector Garza) v [B]Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) and Billy Kidman [/B] I didn't know too much about WCW at this point, but my friend at school was a massive fan and the one guy he always raved about was La Parka. That's what got me watching Nitro so this is perhaps a nostalgia pick. WCW Cruiserweight Championship: [B]Psicosis (c)[/B] v 'Cutback' Lash Le Roux Its Psicosis dammit! 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair v [B]Brian Adams[/B] Come on, if enough people say it, it might come true! WCW United States Championship:[B] 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit (c)[/B] v 'Total Package' Lex Luger (To the tune of his WWE theme via a Kazoo) Chris Benoit is here and he's really mad Chris Benoit is here and he's really ang-ree! Here it is in full, the Chris Benoit Song Is there any wrestler who can prove him wrong! [B]WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho and 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] v The Giant and Rey Mysterio Jr Diamond cutters all round! Looking forward to the show.[/QUOTE] Thanks mate, thanks for the comment on La Parka in particular. La Parka was great, here was this dude wearing a skeletor costume dancing on a steel chair mocking practically everyone and everything. Great fun, great times. Thanks all for your responses, am working through the show now and hope to deliver a 'good un.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/mondaynitro.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] We are live in Dallas, Texas, for another episode of Monday Nitro, on Ted Turner's TNT network. Although of late with all the corporate madness going on you could argue it really isn't his at all anymore. We pan around the crowd, before [I]Also Sprach Zarathusta[/I] hits the PA System, which can only mean one thing... The arrival of the lynchpin of the Four Horsemen, 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair. The crowd are on their feet as one of the truly legendary WCW champions Flair comes out from the Gorilla Position in a green sequined robe, and steps down to the bottom of the ramp, where he holds his arms out in adulation as the pyros burst out behind him. Flair continues to walk to the ring and once on the apron holds up the four fingers in the salute of the Four Horsemen, before getting into the ring and being given a microphone by David Penzer. "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Did somebody tell me that the Four Horsemen would have a party tonight in DALLAS TEXAS!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! You know sister, every night of my life I've been looking for a girl like you," he says as the camera pans in on a young brunette in the crowd, "Baby, Space Mountain is still the ride with the longest line in the park, but you can step up and ride anytime you like honey. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! These past two and a half years in World Championship Wrestling have been the most interesting of my career. Normally I would say that in a positive tone. But... I don't! You see, the New World Order, through Eric Bischoff have twisted the world of professional wrestling upside down. And it's NOT a good thing. You see for the past 26 years I've given my all each and every night for all of you, and I wouldn't...WOOOOOOOOO...CHANGE A THING! But everything that I worked for.... which is the fans.... the nWo has tried to destroy. Let me tell you, this old heart of mine, been broke a thousand times, but never as badly as Eric Bischoff did in 1997 when he said... Ric Flair! Disband the Horsemen! The Horsemen are dead! Disband...The...Horsemen! I made a mistake! I allowed it to happen. I let it happen. The truth is, I let all this happen. You see, four years ago when Eric Bischoff was a struggling executive manipulating his way to the top, he came to me and said.. RIC! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Pal, I want you to help me get Hulk Hogan to WCW. So being loyal to WCW and the fans, I went ahead and did it. Little did I know that within a short period of him being here, Hogan would try and retire me! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I had to beg to get MY job back! MY job! MY job! This is WCW! This is Flair Country! And yet I had to beg... and plead. I should have known right then and there that Bischoff had duped me. That was my mistake. I let all of this happen. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! But I'm going to put an end to it. You see, diamonds are forever, and so is Ric Flair! It doesn't matter what you do, Bischoff. Fire me! I've already been fired! FIRE ME! You... You are an abuse of power! You are a coward, you are a cheat, you are a no good low down son of a [BEEP]! And pal, sooner or later, I'm going to correct my sins, and punish you for yours pal, you see, if you're anything of a man, you're going to walk down that aisle, right this second, and accept...WOOOOOOOOOO..MY CHALLENGE! For a match at the Great American Bash! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! What will it be Eric? Are you going to accept the challenge, or are you still a coward, a cheat, an abuse of power! Try and fire me again Eric! You're not the sole executive in WCW anymore..WOOOOOOO..." [CENTER]n....W....o NN..NNN...NEW WORLD ORDER.. FF..FF...FOR LIFE[/CENTER] Coming down from under the Turner-Tron is Eric Bischoff in his black leather jacket, and Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell in his bright red top hat and nWo black shirt. Bischoff stands under the Turner-Tron, as he addresses Flair. "Firstly, if any of you guys in the back want to keep your jobs, CUT HIS MICROPHONE OFF...NOW! You see Flair, you've said what you've needed to say pal, now it's my time. You call me a coward, I prefer the word revolutionary. You see Flair, I allowed professional wrestling to become as big as it is. Every night you walk away with a different woman each night to a Presidential Suite in the best five star hotels, it's all on the back of the direction that the New World Order took this to. Before I came along, you were lucky to sell out your mother's retirement village complex. Whether you love me or hate me Flair, you owe me. You don't realise it, because you're stupid. Hey, I don't care, I'm Easy E. I'm the boss, I'll do whatever I want whenever I want to coin a phrase from a good friend of mine. You stand in that ring... MY ring... And you call out a challenge to a non wrestling member of this company. Very brave Flair, very brave. But that's just like you, you could have turned your contract over to the nWo back in 1996 and gone on the brave journey to the precipice of professional wrestling, Flair. But instead, it's the likes of you, Malenko, Benoit and Goldberg who hold this company back. You talk of politics, you talk of abuse of power... that's all you Flair. You see, this war could have been over a long time ago. You just had to accept what is right for the business. Now, back to your little challenge. It's not going to happen, Flair. You see, at the Great American Bash in Baltimore, Maryland, I will be entertaining A-Grade Celebrities to bring more prestige to the nWo, and of course that sends a payoff into your pockets, pal. Why don't you tell them, what sort of car do you drive, Flair? Of course you don't tell them THAT. Oh big bad Eric gave all you boys a guaranteed contract and offered you MORE to be revolutionary! I'll tell you what though. Back in 1996, one man had the guts to do what he knew was necessary for the business. He stabbed his own partner in the back, and turned his contract over to the New World Order. He went from a tag team that was going nowhere fast, and became one of the fastest rising, most trim physical specimens in our sport today. All because the nWo gave him the chance. All because the nWo took a chance on him, and all because he had courage, vision, and ability. Unlike you Flair! So here's the challenge, at the Great American Bash, you WILL be in action Flair. But it WON'T be against me. It will be against... BUFF... THE STUFF... BAGWELL! And just because I'm in such a good mood tonight, Buff, I want you to head down to that ring because after the break, I want you to warm up for Flair by taking on... Dean Malenko! Thank you, thank you Dallas! The nWo loves you too!" [CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]'The Man of 1000 Holds' Dean Malenko v Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Did you almost feel a sense of sympathy for Bischoff? Na, I sure as heck didn't. No matter what he says, Eric Bischoff is a corrupt slimeball. The commentators certainly promoted that fact too. Malenko was all concentration, doing this for Flair. Almost as if Malenko was out there to stretch Bagwell, and teach him not to get into the jungle with the Horsemen. Malenko took most of the control of this match, Malenko went to stomp on the guts on Bagwell to set him up for the Texas Cloverleaf but Bagwell caught Malenko's right leg and drove him into the mat. With his feet on the ropes, he hooked Malenko up...1....2....3! Bagwell wasn't even on the same page as Malenko tonight, what a travesty! [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via pinfall, Buff Bagwell[/SIZE][/CENTER] Backstage, we can hear a crash, and as we turn the corner we can see Bret 'The Hitman' Hart laying, defeated, and bashed up good, against a brick wall. 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page and 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho proceed to stomp him further, and Page picks up a hubcap, but before he can break it over Hart's head it is grabbed out of his hands from behind. He turns around to see the massive frame of the Giant, and Page and Jericho immediately sprint from the scene. [CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]West Hollywood Blondes (Lenny Lane and Lodi) v 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith and Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Yeah Baby! Neidhart took exception to some of the 'close' attention being handed out to him by Lenny Lane, and it was almost as if it lit the first fire in Neidhart's career. He was very stiff (work-wise only guys ok) and took down Lane quickly, before tagging in Smith to perform the running powerslam on Lane. As Lodi tried to make the save, Neidhart delivered a blistering clothesline on him. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winners:[/B] Via pinfall, Jim Neidhart and Davey Boy Smith[/SIZE][/CENTER] Backstage, as 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho and 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page walk back anxiously to their nWo dressing room, they are cut off by 'The Enforcer' Arn Anderson. A great big smile is bursting out over his face. "Junior, what's your problem?" Jericho asks. "This is MY show.. Monday...Night... Jericho!" "Oh Mr Jericho, I have no qualms about that," Anderson says with a big smile. "And I'm glad you're here tonight, because tonight you have the main role in your show. It's yourself and your colleague here... against Bret Hart.... and.... THE GIANT." Anderson walks off, leaving Jericho and Page angered. [SIZE="5"][B][CENTER]Billy Kidman and Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) v Latin Passion (Hector Garza and Juventud Guerrera) and Silver King[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] A fluid and quick 'bout. The highlight of the opening of course the pandering of La Parka on the steel chair. The two highlight reels in this match were Juventud Guerrera and Billy Kidman. Both were a step above their match-mates. Raven came down to ringside and distracted Billy Kidman who was on the apron, allowing Juventud Guerrera to come from behind and dive straight through the middle rope onto Billy Kidman and down to the floor! Coming from above them was Hector Garza with a suicide plancha! After getting his bearings, Billy Kidman shot Raven a glare but decided to get back into the ring. Silver King was trying to out punch him on the apron, and then hooked him for a vertical suplex to bring him in, but Kidman landed on his feet and then hit a tiger suplex from behind into a pinning bridge...1....2...3! [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winners:[/B] Via pinfall, Billy Kidman, La Parka and Lizmark Jr[/SIZE][/CENTER] Backstage, Bill Goldberg is pushing open locker room doors, which all turn up to empty. I wonder whether he's looking for Savage or Hogan? [CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]WCW Television Championship 'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle (c) v Hiriyoshi Tenzan[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Tonight Tenzan seemed on a mission purely to soften up Angle. The nWo Japan-ite didn't even seem that concerned about the prestigious Championship. After some very stiff kicks, Angle was able to reverse the trend, and fearing that Tenzan was here to inflict damage he did his best to minimise it by quickly hitting the Olympic Slam for the pin. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via pinfall, and STILL WCW Television Champion, Kurt Angle[/SIZE][/CENTER] We cut to the dressing room of Bret 'The Hitman' Hart who is putting an ice pack compression pack around his left thigh. Former WCW World Heavyweight Champion Sting walks in and stands before the 'Hitman'. Sting looks his usual emotionless self before shaking his head.. "I'm sorry Bret, I should have been there for you... But I ..." "BUT WHAT? I got jumped in the back man, I thought we were a team. It's about time you acted like it." Hart threw the icepack to the ground as the two men stared off, before finally Hart shrugged his shoulders and shook the hand of Sting. "I know Sting, the whole rafter thing. I understand. I... Understand." [SIZE="5"][B][CENTER]WCW Cruiserweight Championship Psicosis (c) v 'Cutback' Lash Le Roux[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] Is this gimmick of Lash's a bit... stoooooopid? I mean surfer boy? Granted, it is getting him some TV time but I can't recall too many wins. Tony Schiavone hurriedly informs us that he has a few wins on house shows. Suuuuurrreee he has. Just ilke Goldberg is like 140 and 0 right now, right? Anyway, I really have digressed from the main plot here. Connect another win in the Psicosis win column. He's on a bit of a streak here. And he's impressing the hell out of me with his performances holding the strap. It's quick, energetic, fluent and stealing the shows to be frank. Another good victory from a worker who seems to be really on the rise here. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via pinfall, and STILL WCW Cruiserweight Champion, Psicosis[/SIZE][/CENTER] After Psicosis grabs his Championship and steps on the bottom turnbuckle to hold it aloft, we are immediately informed by a stuttering Tony Schiavone that we are cutting backstage. The camera footage is amateurish, it's bouncing all over the place... it's almost like the Blair Witch Project in production. Oooh, WCW trying to mix in the feel of surreality. Ha, sure, it's probably just some schmuck who has no idea what he's doing. Anyway, what we are seeing it is a brutal brawl between Raven and Billy Kidman! Their animosity has finally caught up with them in a hellacious way. Both men are throwing haymakers everywhere, it's close quarter fighting, they stumble backwards through a door... it's the ladies dressing room! Kim quickly pulls back her black dress and holds it in front of her. Heh, freeze frame it for later, lads, I'm sure you could see a tough of lingerie in there. Finally, WCW security comes along, or should I say the Doug Dillenger fun police to break up this brawl, and separate Billy Kidman and Raven. As they are separated, Kidman spits out a massive logie which lands on the chin of Raven, further antagonising the former leader of the Flock. We now cut to a hotel room, where Miss Elizabeth is chewing on a chocolate, as 'Macho Man' Randy Savage watches the events of Monday Nitro. "Oooh yeah, it appears Goldberg is going crazy looking me Elizabeth. Doesn't he just remind you of a certain someone..." "Randy, looks like we're going to an ad break, let's switch it over and see what's happening elsewhere..." "ELSEWHERE? Dig it, why would you go elsewhere Liz? The ads are more interesting here than watching the Smoking Gunns or Kurrgan... YEAH!" [CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair v Brian Adams[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Flair's chance to extract some revenge on Adams for Bagwell's win, and Bischoff's courageless tact in putting Bagwell before himself in the path of Flair at the Great American Bash. The tall powerhouse Adams, formerly the last member of Demolition, came out charging, seemingly again with instructions to cause more harm than misery. Flair was beat and beat good by the powerful Adams, but Flair would never give in. That's not his style. After copping a typical beating, Flair reversed an irish whip and sent Adams into the ropes. The big man was quickly brought down to size by some of the most crippling reverse knife edge chops ever. Flair stumbled up to the ropes, and unusually for him came down with a double ax handle on Adams to take the big man to the mat. Finally with Adams down, he was able to exert his Figure Four, and take a gutsy win. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via submission, Ric Flair[/SIZE][/CENTER] Post match, Flair took the microphone from ring announcer Penzer. "Bischoff... WOOOOOOOOO!!! You coward! You backed out of it again, pal. But sooner or later, I don't care how many of your henchmen I have to go through, you'll find out why diamonds are forever and so is Ric Flair! Learn to live with, learn to love it, because it's the best thing going today! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" [CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]WCW United States Championship 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit (c) v 'Total Package' Lex Luger[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Luger won the WCW Heavyweight Championship in 1997, but he has been on somewhat of a slippery slope lately. The thing with Luger is you know he has the physique and presence to make himself felt very quickly and move straight back up the charts. Eddie Guerrero joined the boys in commentary, and this immediately distracted Chris Benoit. Lex Luger went for an inside cradle, but once he saw Guerrero had distracted Benoit he moved off Benoit. Benoit nodded in appreciation as the two men circled again and hooked up. Luger's power was posing Benoit some significant problems. Luger was looking in tremendous shape. He seemed to be running the match, aside from periodic comebacks from Benoit where he immortalised his idol Flair with some scorching reverse knife edge chops. Luger eventually signalled for the rack, and went racing into the ropes to come back with his bionic elbow, but Benoit hit a drop toe hold, and immediately moved up his body into a Crippler Crossface! Luger was stuck in the middle of the ring and immediately tapped! That's the thing about Benoit he can beat you so many ways, and from absolutely nowhere. He is nearly impossible to beat. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner:[/B] Via submission, and STILL WCW United States Champion, Chris Benoit[/SIZE][/CENTER] Backstage, we saw 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho and 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page walking towards the Gorilla Position, as Tony Schiavone announced that they were in action... NEXT! [CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart and the Giant v WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho and 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Four of the very best in our industry. A quick run down, if you will. Bret Hart, 5 time WWF World Heavyweight Champion, a product of Stu Hart and the incomparable and cult like Dungeon in Calgary. The Giant, over 500 pounds, 7 feet 4 inches tall, a former WCW World Heavyweight Champion. 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho, the current WCW World Heavyweight Champion and arguably along with Benoit and Guerrero the best wrestler pound for pound. And 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page. The man who has been announced as being the centre figure behind the emergence of the nWo itself. All extremely capable wrestlers, all extremely different. Bret Hart and Chris Jericho had a slow, but psychologically brilliantly thought out piece in the middle of the match after the Giant and Page had brawled. The Giant clearly got on top of Page, but Page's coward heel tactics were able to keep him in the fray to get the revelant tag into Jericho. Despite Page and Jericho having cut the ring off efficiently they just couldn't capitalise and overpower the strong man. But as noted, the true highlight probably of the night was Hart and Jericho. In many ways, it's a dream match to have these two Canadians in the ring against one another. Both also have an affinity with ice hockey, Chris' dad a former pro and Bret part owner of the Calgary Hitmen. Finally, after the slow sojourn where Jericho largely held control, running the match like a heel should, Bret Hart finally elbowed his way out of a sleeper and as the crowd clapped and cheered him on, he began to try to and overcome Jericho. With Bret's energy drained, he went looking for the Giant, who tagged in. Jericho went looking for Page, but Jericho couldn't make it in time and the Giant began headbutting Jericho all over the ring! It was looking dire for the World Heavyweight Champion, as the Giant finally thrust his massive right palm in the air, looking for the Chokeslam. Diamond Dallas Page ducked down under the apron, and brought back with him a steel chair, as the Giant grabbed Jericho, hoisted him up, Bret Hart got in the ring to notify Mickey Jay of DDP, but it only distracted Mickey Jay... BANG! DDP hit the chair over the head of the Giant, and as the Giant stumbled hit the Diamond Cutter. Jericho rolled over on top of the Giant, as Bret Hart shook his head in dismay...1....2....3. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winners:[/B] Via pinfall, Chris Jericho and Diamond Dallas Page[/SIZE][/CENTER] Page got back in the ring and wound up the chair once more, but before he could deliver, Rey Mysterio Jr had raced down from the back and forced Page out of the ring. Chris Jericho came from behind and went for a german suplex on Rey, but Bret Hart clotheslined Chris Jericho and then threw him over the top rope! The cameras went up to the Turner-Tron, where 'The Enforcer' Arn Anderson sat in his office. "Gentlemen, since tonight it's the night of making matches.... Thanks, Eric... At the Great American Bash, Chris Jericho, you will face... THE GIANT! And Diamond Dallas Page, you're going to have to face your fears, the man with the biggest heart in this sport... REY MYSTERIO JR!" Jericho and Page shook their heads and started complaining, as we faded to black.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/thunder.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Silver King and Pipeline Feva ('Cutback' Lash Le Roux and 'Wipeout' Evan Karagias) v Billy Kidman and Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) Brian Adams v Rey Mysterio Jr Bill Goldberg v 'The Belfast Bruiser' Fit Finlay WCW World Tag Team Championships: Harlem Heat (c) v Latin Passion (Juventud Guerrera and Hector Garza) WCW Television Championship: 'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle (c) v The Great Muta Cage Match: Rey Mysterio Jr v Scott 'Flash' Norton

[QUOTE]I see no real sense in holding back the card for the Great American Bash, since the matches are basically set in stone.... The GAB is the show after Thunder[/QUOTE] [CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/greatamericanbash.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE="6"][U][COLOR="Red"]Great[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]American[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Bash[/COLOR][/U] Live and Exclusive to Pay-Per-View[/SIZE] [SIZE="4"][B]WCW Television Championship 'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle (c) * v Masahiro Chono [IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/backgroundANGLE.jpg[/IMG] V [IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/MasahiroChono.jpg[/IMG] 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith, Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart and Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) v Dancing Fools (Disco Inferno and 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright) and The West Hollywood Blondes (Lenny Lane and Lodi) [IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Davey_Boy_Smith5-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Jim_Neidhart2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/LaParka3.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Lizmark_Jr.jpg[/IMG] V [IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/DiscoInferno.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/AlexWright6.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Lenny_Lane.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/lodi.png[/IMG] WCW United States Championship 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit (c) v Eddie Guerrero [IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/ChrisBenoit4.jpg[/IMG] V [IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/EddyGuerrero2.jpg[/IMG] WCW Tag Team Championships Harlem Heat (c) v The Extreme Innovators (Perry Saturn and 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon) [IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/StevieRayWCWTag.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/BookerT1999.jpg[/IMG] V [IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Perry_Saturn8.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/ChrisKanyonkyky.jpg[/IMG] Lumberjack Match Bret 'The Hitman' Hart and Sting v The Outsiders [IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/BretHart6.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Sting.jpg[/IMG] V [IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/ScottHall9.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/KevinNash4.jpg[/IMG] Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell v 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair [IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/BuffBagwell4.jpg[/IMG] V [IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/RicFlair.jpg[/IMG] Rey Mysterio Jr v 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page [IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/ReyMysterio2copy.jpg[/IMG] V [IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/DiamondDallasPage.jpg[/IMG] 'Macho Man' Randy Savage v Bill Goldberg [IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/RandySavage5.jpg[/IMG] V [IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Bill_Goldberg5.jpg[/IMG] WCW World Heavyweight Championship 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho (c) v The Giant [IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/ChrisJericho2.jpg[/IMG] V [IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/Big_Show13.jpg[/IMG] [/B][/SIZE] *=Dependant on if they win their title matches at Thunder. Should the Great Muta defeat Kurt Angle, the match will become The Great Muta (c) v Kurt Angle. If Latin Passion defeat Harlem Heat, Harlem Heat will get a rematch in a triple threat match with Latin Passion and the Extreme Innovators.[/center] [B]Quick Picks[/B] WCW Television Championship: 'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle (c) v Masahiro Chono 'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith, Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart and Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) v Dancing Fools (Disco Inferno and 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright) and West Hollywood Blondes (Lenny Lane and Lodi) WCW United States Championship: 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit (c) v Eddie Guerrero WCW Tag Team Championships: Harlem Heat (c) v The Extreme Innovators (Perry Saturn and 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon) Lumberjack Match: Bret 'The Hitman' Hart and Sting v The Outsiders Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell v 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair Rey Mysterio Jr v 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page 'Macho Man' Randy Savage v Bill Goldberg WCW World Heavyweight Championship: 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho (c) v The Giant

Silver King and Pipeline Feva ('Cutback' Lash Le Roux and 'Wipeout' Evan Karagias) v [B]Billy Kidman and Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr)[/B] [I]They're on a roll![/I] Brian Adams v [B]Rey Mysterio Jr[/B] [I]Poor B.A.![/I] [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] v 'The Belfast Bruiser' Fit Finlay [I]GOLDBERG! GOLDBERG! GOLDBERG![/i] WCW World Tag Team Championships: [B]Harlem Heat[/B] (c) v Latin Passion (Juventud Guerrera and Hector Garza) [I]Harlem Heat holds onto the titles.[/I] WCW Television Championship: [B]'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle (c)[/B] v The Great Muta [I]My Olympic Hero with the win! Though I do like the Great Muta.[/I] Cage Match: [B]Rey Mysterio Jr[/B] v Scott 'Flash' Norton [I]Rey wrestling twice?!?! But he still gets the win![/I]

[B]Silver King and Pipeline Feva ('Cutback' Lash Le Roux and 'Wipeout' Evan Karagias)[/B] v Billy Kidman and Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) [I]They get their win back, and a little momentum going into the PPV[/I] Brian Adams v [B]Rey Mysterio Jr[/B] [I]He win the first one[/I] [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] v 'The Belfast Bruiser' Fit Finlay [I]Poor Finlay, he's such a good brawler, but Goldberg has the...well...you know[/I] WCW World Tag Team Championships: [B]Harlem Heat (c)[/B] v Latin Passion (Juventud Guerrera and Hector Garza) [I]Well you did just announce that Harlem Heat would be the champs at the PPV, so I'm gonna go with them.[/I] WCW Television Championship:[B] 'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle (c)[/B] v The Great Muta [I]Pretty much the same as above.[/I] Cage Match: [B]Rey Mysterio Jr[/B] v Scott 'Flash' Norton [I]I see the match ending with a bunch of nWo guys coming to the ring, and Rey narrowly escaping.[/I] Might as well do the Bash while I'm at it. WCW Television Championship: [B]'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle (c)[/B] v Masahiro Chono [I]I don't see Chono as the one to end Angle's title reign[/I] [B]'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith, Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart and Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr)[/B] v Dancing Fools (Disco Inferno and 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright) and West Hollywood Blondes (Lenny Lane and Lodi) [I]I'll go with the team I like more, and since I love Davey, I'll go with them[/I] WCW United States Championship: [B]'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit (c)[/B] v Eddie Guerrero [I]Only in wrestling can you see a Canadian and a Latino fighting for a United States title, anyway, Benoit is on to much of a hot streak to lose.[/I] WCW Tag Team Championships: [B]Harlem Heat (c)[/B] v The Extreme Innovators (Perry Saturn and 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon) [I]Harlem Heat are more experienced and plain better, besides I'd like to see Saturn and Kanyon branch into singles careers.[/I] Lumberjack Match: [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart and Sting[/B] v The Outsiders [I]I see Hart & Sting getting the upset, I thought maybe you'd make Hart turn on Sting, but you've repeatedly stated how much you hated the fact that they made Hart part of the nWo.[/I] Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell v [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] [I]Bagwell isn't in the Nature Boy's league.[/I] [B]Rey Mysterio Jr[/B] v 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page [I]I see Rey with the upset.[/I] 'Macho Man' Randy Savage v [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] [I]This could be Goldberg's first really, really big win in a clean match. Besides...you know.[/I] WCW World Heavyweight Championship: [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho (c)[/B] v The Giant [I]I see Jericho with a good long title run that would really establish him as a force in WCW, so I'll go with him.[/I]

WCW Television Championship: [B]'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle (c)[/B] v Masahiro Chono [I]I can see a decent length reign in Angle's future. It's true.[/I] [B]'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith, Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart and Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr) [/B]v Dancing Fools (Disco Inferno and 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright) and West Hollywood Blondes (Lenny Lane and Lodi) [I]Because Smith and Neidhart are badass.[/I] WCW United States Championship: [B]'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit (c) [/B]v Eddie Guerrero [I]It'll be a close one, I could have gone either way, but I see it being a good night for the Horsemen.[/I] WCW Tag Team Championships: [B]Harlem Heat (c)[/B] v The Extreme Innovators (Perry Saturn and 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon) [I]Harlem Heat are just on a whole other level.[/I] Lumberjack Match: [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart and Sting[/B] v The Outsiders [I]But only barely.[/I] Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell v [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] [I]He'll work his way down to Bischoff eventually.[/I] Rey Mysterio Jr v [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page[/B] [I]By cheating.[/I] 'Macho Man' Randy Savage v [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] [I]Savage doesn't need the boost ending the streak would give.[/I] WCW World Heavyweight Championship: [B]'Lionheart' Chris Jericho (c)[/B] v The Giant [I]By cheating.[/I]

WCW Television Championship: [B]'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle[/B] (c) v Masahiro Chono [B]'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith, Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart and Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr)[/B] v Dancing Fools (Disco Inferno and 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright) and West Hollywood Blondes (Lenny Lane and Lodi) WCW United States Championship: 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit (c) v [B]Eddie Guerrero[/B] WCW Tag Team Championships: Harlem Heat (c) v [B]The Extreme Innovators (Perry Saturn and 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon)[/B] Lumberjack Match: [B]Bret 'The Hitman' Hart and Sting[/B] v The Outsiders Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell v [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] Rey Mysterio Jr v [B]'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page [/B] 'Macho Man' Randy Savage v [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] Jericho WCW World Heavyweight Championship:[B] 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho[/B] (c) v The Giant

WCW Television Championship: [B]'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle (c)[/B] v Masahiro Chono [B]'The British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith, Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart and Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr)[/B] v Dancing Fools (Disco Inferno and 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright) and West Hollywood Blondes (Lenny Lane and Lodi) WCW United States Championship: 'Rabid Wolverine' Chris Benoit (c) v [B]Eddie Guerrero[/B] WCW Tag Team Championships: [B]Harlem Heat (c)[/B] v The Extreme Innovators (Perry Saturn and 'The Innovator of Offence' Chris Kanyon) Lumberjack Match: Bret 'The Hitman' Hart and Sting v [B]The Outsiders[/B] Buff 'The Stuff' Bagwell v [B]'Nature Boy' Ric Flair[/B] [B]Rey Mysterio Jr[/B] v 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page 'Macho Man' Randy Savage v [B]Bill Goldberg[/B] WCW World Heavyweight Championship:[B] 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho (c) [/B]v The Giant

• 3 months later...
Hey... Hey Yo... I thought I'd give a quick quick update. Yeah, things got razzed a bit behind the scenes for yours truly, but things are all good now. So where does this leave this lil' sumthing. My time is just barethread at the moment, but this isn't completely dead I don't think. I'm looking forward to finding a bit of time to write it up, and truth be told it won't be until at least the end of July (as I'll be overseas for a while), but the pleasing thing for me is I have basically finished the first part of the story, which is completing the year 1998 simming it in TEW. Everything is written up in dot point format, it's just a matter of bringing it to light. Personally, I'm really happy with how the story turned out and how Starrcade was built up to. I really feel it solves a lot of the issues I felt WCW had at the time nicely but still at the same time opens up more questions than answers simmering out a load of different feuds that could be ignited. Anyhow, thanks to those of you who offered your support, I really do want to get 1998's results up and bring the story to life.

[QUOTE=tristram;636756]Hey... Hey Yo... I thought I'd give a quick quick update. Yeah, things got razzed a bit behind the scenes for yours truly, but things are all good now. So where does this leave this lil' sumthing. My time is just barethread at the moment, but this isn't completely dead I don't think. I'm looking forward to finding a bit of time to write it up, and truth be told it won't be until at least the end of July (as I'll be overseas for a while), but the pleasing thing for me is I have basically finished the first part of the story, which is completing the year 1998 simming it in TEW. Everything is written up in dot point format, it's just a matter of bringing it to light. Personally, I'm really happy with how the story turned out and how Starrcade was built up to. I really feel it solves a lot of the issues I felt WCW had at the time nicely but still at the same time opens up more questions than answers simmering out a load of different feuds that could be ignited. Anyhow, thanks to those of you who offered your support, I really do want to get 1998's results up and bring the story to life.[/QUOTE] Hey buddy, glad to hear things are sorting out for you. If you want ot talk you know where I am. Can't wait for this to come back as it's one of the best things on the boards at the moment, but whenever you are good and ready. Looking forward to it.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/thunder.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/tristramwcw/MyNameIsEarl_main.jpg[/IMG] "I have made so many boo-boos in my life. Over 200 in fact sitting on this here pretty list. The problem is which one to put in place, #45 where I spitballed the Home Economics teacher, or perhaps #64 where I wouldn't help the small kid down from the monkey bars..." [I]We look at a clock reading 9:43PM with a little kid hanging by the monkey bars with a massive drop to the floor below him and his grip slipping...[/I] "My name is Earl and tonight, I choose to cross #64 off my list... Help the small guy out..." [CENTER]____________________________________________[/CENTER] "Welcome to the sold out Target Center, here in Minneapolis, Minnesota, I am 'Iron' Mike Tenay and with me as always on the Superstation, TBS, here for Thunder is 'The American Dream' Dusty Rhodes and 'The Living Legend' Larry Zbysko. And we are just 3 nervous sleeps away from one of the truly great pieces of american wrestling history, the Great American Bash..." The blue pyros burst out around the arena as we pan around the stands to find a nucleus of nWo supporters in the house tonight. Speaking of the nWo, we cut to the back entrance, where the nWo limousine has it's back door opened by the immaculately dressed chauffeur. Coming out together are WCW World Heavyweight Champion 'Lionheart' Chris Jericho and 'The Master of the Diamond Cutter' Diamond Dallas Page, along with 'Flash' Scott Norton. Page and Jericho pat Norton on the shoulders, Norton looks as riled up as ever. "The plan is in place, Page," Jericho says with a massive smile from ear to ear, as he pulls down his Ray Bahn sunglasses and puts them into his jacket packet. "Ha! Tonight Chris, tonight we put a hit on... nWo style!" The commentators ponder what that could mean as David Penzer begins the introductions for the first bout of the evening. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Silver King and Pipeline Feva ('Wipeout' Evan Karagias and 'Cutback' Lash Le Roux) v Billy Kidman and Los Vengadores ('The Chairman of WCW' La Parka and Lizmark Jr)[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] Yes! The Chairman is in the house! While La Parka is becoming somewhat of a cult figure here in WCW, young stars Karagias and Le Roux are really falling back in the pack. And that continued tonight, as the super talent Billy Kidman was on top of his game and finished off a spritely six man tag with a Shooting Star Press on Karagias for the pinfall. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winners:[/B] Billy Kidman and Los Vengadores[/SIZE]

[/center] The nWo music floods the arena, as 'Easy E' Eric Bischoff brings the gang down to ringside. Once in the ring, Bischoff addresses this rabid crowd. "Minneapolis, Minnesota! I hear this is nWo territory! Am I right, or am I right? Don't answer that, we already know the answer..." Scott Hall taps Bischoff on the shoulder, and Bischoff hands him the microphone. "Chico, we don't know that for sure. So how about we do a little... survey?" Bischoff looks pleasantly surprised and of course agrees. "How many of you are here to see that lame.... hic hic dubbya cee dubbya?" The crowd cheer euphorically, this city is a city of wrestling traditions. "How many of you are here to see.... the TOOOOOOOO SWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTT... n....W....o?" The reaction is mixed, even though they are the heels the nWo is beginning to gain mainstream fan recognition and acclaim. "Survey says... one more for the good guys! Eric..." Hall hands the microphone back to Bischoff. "Don't worry Minnesota, we still love you! Now, backstage during the first match, I sat down with my two pals here the WCW World Heavyweight Champion Chris Jericho, and the founding father of the nation of the nWo, Diamond Dallas Page, and we decided on something. You see, Rey Mysterio Jr, you've been causing the nWo, the true revolution of professional wrestling, some major problems. You see, way back when in 1996 this guy... RIGHT HERE, the big guy! Kevin Nash, he drove you headfirst into a production truck. That should have been the end of you. But you've come back for more. And you've chosen the big cajone, the founding father to get in the face of. Some may say that's not a smart move given this man right here possesses the world's deadliest finisher, a move that has how many....?" Bischoff confers with Page... "Over 100 different ways of being executed, the Diamond Cutter! All this boils down to it and says to me that you're not a very smart man, Rey Mysterio Jr. Or perhaps you don't realise the full extent of what you've gotten yourself in for. So tonight, we're going to give you a lesson, nWo style. You see tonight, you're running the nWo gauntlet. First up, later tonight you will face Brian Adams. And what's he done with you, in the main event of the evening... You've got Scott Norton. You see, if either of these men destroy you, and they will, they will receive a cheque for $250,000 courtesy of the nWo corporation....." Diamond Dallas Page grabs the microphone off Bischoff. "Just like the Diamond Cutter Rey, you never saw that one coming, did ya! You see, tonight while the nWo is hanging and banging and getting jacked up to here, you're going to grovelling for your life. You don't want to upset these bad boys, and I can tell you there's a lot they could do with a cool $250,000. So don't even worry about the Great American Bash, don't even worry about Bada-Bing, Bada-Bang.... Tonight just worry about Norton and Adams and ... BADA-BOOM!" [SIZE="4"][B][CENTER]Brian Adams v Rey Mysterio Jr[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] A classic David and Goliath confrontation. You have the big powerhouse Brian Adams who has wrestled in Japan and of course as part of Demolition in WWF against little Rey Mysterio Jr, a nearly man that everyman has written off. Brian Adams controlled a good part of this match with his intense physicality, but made a blunder taking Rey outside the ring to use the steel steps to soften up Rey, as Rey's quickness was able to move out of the way and send Brian Adams shoulder first into the steel ring post. Rey slowly gathered himself and began moving the big man around the ring. But Adams made another comeback, and looked to have Rey up for the PowerBomb, however Rey held on for dear life and turned into an amazing hurricanrana type move, sans the use of the top rope. He hooked the legs and despite the desperation of Adams held on for the pinfall. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner:[/B] Rey Mysterio Jr[/SIZE][/CENTER] We cut straight to the back, where Eric Bischoff looks as white as a ghost. Scott Hall grabs a paper cup of water and splashes it out over the bosses face. "Hey Yo, Chico, don't worry. He's still got to get through Flash." "I bet he's still softened up from not only what Adams did to him," Nash adds, "But I bet he still feels the effects of the side of that production truck. Oh, that was....TOOOO SWEEEEEEEET!" The Outsiders leave Bischoff's office, but just after that, 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair walks into his office in a red sequined robe. "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Eric BY GOD Bischoff! How did you like that? Huh? I can't hear ya pal. Rey just crashed your party pal. Oh and for the record, I will be crashing your world soon brother. You see, as soon as I'm done with Buff Bagwell, I'm turning my attention on you. You see Bischoff, pal, diamonds are forever, and so is WCW! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" [SIZE="4"][B][CENTER]'The Belfast Bruiser' Fit Finlay v Bill Goldberg[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] I genuinely felt for Finlay. The Irishman is as plucky as they come, but Goldberg is on a phenomenal streak and it continued in the dutiful normal fashion. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner:[/B] Bill Goldberg[/SIZE][/CENTER] Backstage, 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper is on his cell phone. "Will Smith? Is that the best we can do..? This is WCW baby, this is Pipers Den! What about Humphrey Bogart...? ... What? ... When? 40 years ago?" "Wow, if it's not Roddy Piper," Lenny Lane, with his hair in ponytails ponces on. "Hang on... Look, I've got a couple of..." Piper quickly shuts his legs tight, "...Funny fellas around. I'll talk to you later..." Piper slams the cell phone down. "What the hell is the meaning of this, and what's that?" Piper points at a book. "Oh this? This is the secret of your success, beautiful. We've got a proposition for you," Lane explains. "Hey...HEY! I'm not into that, so stop rig..." "Not that! 'Sif you'd be good enough for us," Lodi says. "I'm not good enough? I'm so hot that I've been causing global warming, pal!" "Look, we're not here for that," Lenny Lane continues. "We just feel that... well, maybe Piper's Den, with the whole Scottish tartan look is kinda... Old. So what we were going to say to you is, why not hire us as your personal set assistants. I mean, we know fashion. We know style. Lodi in particular, baby that leopard thong you had on last nig.." "STOP IT! STOP IT!" "We'll only stop if you accept, Roddy." "Fine, fine, whatever. But don't change things too much. You see, the original is still the best. And I'm still hot." "Yeah, sure Roddy," Lodi says. "C'mon Lenny, let's go do some designing!" .... Backstage, Rey Mysterio Jr limps around a corner only to find Eric Bischoff waiting for him with a great big grin on his face. He offers his right hand to shake Rey's hand, but Rey looks at it and turns away. "Oh now don't be a sour puss, Rey. Congratulations on your win! You really are a champion of the common man, Rey. And the common man should always have great odds in front of him. So tonight, you are going to not only face Scott Norton, ... but... you will face him in a STEEL CAGE! God, I love this job!" [B][SIZE="4"][CENTER]WCW World Tag Team Championship Harlem Heat (c) v Latin Passion (Juventud Guerrera and Hector Garza)[/CENTER][/SIZE][/B] The young latino warriors had no chance tonight, Harlem Heat were slick. Juventud Guerrera was great in the ring and offered some great spots, but at the end of the day it was too little, too late. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winners:[/B] And still WCW World Tag Team Champions, Harlem Heat[/SIZE][/CENTER] Just as Harlem Heat's music starts up, it is interrupted by 'The Innovator of Violence' Chris Kanyon and Perry Saturn. These two extreme superstars have been a revelation in the tag team scene. They stand at the top of the ramp, as Harlem Heat look up anxiously. Kanyon has a microphone. "That was jacked up right there, guys. That wasn't innovative. It wasn't mind blowing. This here, Saturn and I, that's innovative. That's extreme, that's mind blowing. And we're going to blow your minds at the Great American Bash, when we take those World Tag Team Championships off you. It's the Extreme Innovators time to shine. Enjoy tonight Harlem Heat, because it's a dawning of a new era of extreme innovation at the Bash!" .... Backstage, 'Das Wunderkind' Alex Wright and Disco Inferno catch up with the West Hollywood Blondes and high five them. "Zat was und great with Roddy Piper..." "Yeah guys, that was groovy. I can't wait to see you revitalise his set. I'm thinking a great big disco ball, a groovy dance fl..." "My freaking God, what in the name of the Queen of England is this?" The voice is the familiar voice of 'British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith. "Design? Disco? This is WCW, where the big boys play, or at least so the lads keep telling us. You see, the word play... we're not here to play, tell 'em Jimmy boy?" "YEAH BABY!" The Anvil says as he laughs and strokes his goattee. "That's right Jimmy, well said old chum." Disco Inferno walks up to the veteran Brit, and looks down at Matilda the Bulldog who is scratching her hind leg, almost threateningly looking like she's about to unload what she drunk before... "You don't belong here, Davey Boy. Neither do you, Neidhart. You're both just riding the coat-tails of Bret Hart. Deep down you know it, we all know it, the fans know it, and we're going to prove it. See, I've got a challenge for you... old boy. How about at Great American Bash, notice that, American... you bring your Calgary pal here, your own Queeny [BEEP] and a couple of Mexicans, say Los Vengadores, and we'll show you why it's the Great ......AMERICAN.... Bash. What do you say, chum?" "YEAH BABY!" Neidhart says as he chokes his goattee. [SIZE="4"][B][CENTER]WCW Television Championship 'Your Olympic Hero' Kurt Angle (c) v The Great Muta[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] Angle is starting to gain a lot of supporters, but he was nearly outdone here as the Great Muta used his green myst, fortunately Angle saw it coming, was able to duck and instantly hit the Olympic Slam to collect the pinfall. [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner:[/B] And still WCW Television Champion, Kurt Angle[/SIZE][/CENTER] [QUOTE][B]Video Promo[/B] An eery music video played promoting the match between the Outsiders and Bret Hart and Sting at the Great American Bash. A lumberjack match... --------------- "What the hell was that that Nash just hit Sting with?" "I have no idea Tony, but Sting is out..." "1....2.....What a travesty, 3." --------------- "He's turning him, he's turning him! Hall is over! He's over! Hart has the Sharpshooter locked in..." .... "HALL'S TAPPING! What a win here at Slamboree for Bret Hart!" --------------- "Last night," Hart begins, "You got punked. No! You got screwed. And that doesn't sit well with me Sting. I've been the victim of that before. And you're too good a solitary warrior to go through the abuse of being party to a screwjob. Sting, I promise you, they will pay. Nash, Hall, I don't care who. They're going to find out why I am the best there is, the best there was, and the best ...there ever will be! Sting, they will screw with your mind...no more!" -------------- Treading on the edge of the platform before the rafter is Bret 'The Hitman' Hart. In his right hand is a microphone. "Sting... I know you're up there, man. Tonight, tag with me. Tonight, let's work as the Excellence of Execution. Tonight, let's send the nWo a message. That we're the best there is, the best there was, and the best...there ever will be." Our cameras focus in on Sting who is sitting over the top of the ring with his two trusty vultures, he looks over at Hart and gives a slow emotionless nod. --------------- Post match though, the 'Hitman' and Stinger got punked by the Outsiders. Whilst they were celebrating, the Outsiders came down through the crowd, complete with steel chairs! Both men fell prey to awfully sick chair shots, with Sting falling prey to a Jackknife in the centre of the ring. "Hey Yo... I'm not going to bother with the service tonight chicos, because tonight is OUR night... Mark this down as another one... for the bad guys!" "BIG SEXY IN DA HOUSE! Sting, Hart... Do you know who you're messing with here? This is no game, this is for real. Unless you want to be carried out of here with broken necks, I'd suggest you start heeding our warnings and begin to respect and support... the TOOOOOOOOO SWEEEEEEEEET n.....W.....o!" Nash dropped the microphone, and it landed on Sting, as Bret 'Hitman' Hart slowly started coming to, before Scott Hall kicked him repeatedly to the head. ------------------------ As Bret Hart leaves the ring, his leans over on his haunches to suck in the big ones after Wrath had earlier winded him with a bear hug in the centre of the ring. A move seemingly confined now to 1980s folklore. As he looked up, the Outsiders had again come down through the crowd, and the two big nWo hombres were mercilessly clubbing the back of Hart. Hall took Hart by the right arm and irish whipped him straight into the steel barricades, with Hart selling the blow to the back perfectly. Just as Kevin Nash signalled for the Jack-knife, Sting dropped down from the rafters. Nash and Hall retreated somewhat by surprise as Sting pointed the black baseball bat at them. As a sign of a challenge, Sting dropped the bat daring the Outsiders to come back. Nash produced a microphone... "Big Sexy... IN DA HOUSE! Bret Hart, you got punked, pal. You talk about being screwed, we talk about a revolution. You talk about traditions, we talk about the future. And the future... you're looking at it! It's our nWo, I guarantee that WCW will be dead within 12 months courtesy of this revolution, and even backwater wrestlers like yourself will come to realise that this was the chosen path of professional wrestling. A new era, a new focus, a more edgier product... the days of Captain Fantastics like yourself is gone, Hart. ACCEPT IT! As for you, Sting... I thought I'd sorted you out at Slamboree, boy. You dare have the audacity to mess with us, in our backyard? You drop your bat? What is that? A challenge? Well, consider it accepted. At the Great American Bash... the Outsiders will destroy Bret Hart...and Sting. And further the revolution. After all... this is TOOOOOOOOOOO SWEEEEEEEEEEET, and this is.... FOR LIFE!" As Hart stands up from his beating, he looks at Sting, and nods at the solitary warrior who then turns towards the Outsiders, and began beating on his chest in classic Sting fashion. Sting is excited! It looks like it all set then, Great American Bash - the Outsiders versus the dream team of Sting and Bret Hart. [/QUOTE] After the break, 'The Enforcer' Arn Anderson runs into Eric Bischoff. Anderson has a great big grin on his face, just as Bischoff has. "You stupid son of a [BEEP]," Anderson begins. "You see Eric Bischoff, you claim to be at the head of a revolution. Well I can tell you, no one in WCW anymore is a nice guy, none of us wear white hats and we can't be held responsible for what goes anymore. You started it, and we're going to finish it. Speaking of starting it, you just lit off a ticking time bomb, Eric. You see, Rey Mysterio Jr has been reflecting ever since '96. Ever since that moment. And all you've done tonight is relit the fuse... And I think you know what that means Eric, tonight you've started a war you can't imagine... I'll have a bag ready for Scott Norton, any dying wishes? HA! Good luck with all of your failings, pal!" [SIZE="4"][B][CENTER]Cage Match Scott 'Flash' Norton v Rey Mysterio Jr[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] Norton has made a career out of tearing apart wrestling punks all over the world. He is not emotional about it, he holds no reservations for the tragedy he has caused wrestlers families worldwide, it's merely a job. A job that he's fantastic at. His primary way of wielding violence is a mixture of outlandish intensity, brutality, and separating a man's shoulder joint. He is Queen's Bohemiam Rhapsody, big, loud, and a whole jumble of power. Rey Mysterio Jr is in contrast Nikita by Elton John. A nice up and comer. Something that nostalgically holds a candle. But is not the finished product. It's not the Candle in the Wind or the Tiny Dancer of this world. It's not even the Circle of Life of Lion King fame. But it has a retirement home cult figure following. Rey is your graceful pretender, good enough, just not big enough. But with a heart of gold punching above his weight. Just like Nikita which was a hopeless song in all honesty due to it's lack of punch, Rey still exceeds on the pop charts. Scott Norton really was hammering Rey like a paper machete toy boy. It was like watching the preparation for a Guy Fawkes Bonfire. The doll still has a smile on his dial, because he truthfully doesn't know what he's in for. Soon enough though Rey did, as Norton just keep pummelling him unmercifully. Tony Schiavone pondered that Scott Norton probably wanted to hurt the man more than he wanted the cash, now Scott Norton is a lot of things, but I doubt he's quite that stupid..... Or is he? He certainly is enjoying plundering Rey here, and there has been a dearth of pinfall attempts. Perhaps that though is due to the common knowledge in professional wrestling that to beat Rey Mysterio Jr you have to destroy him, so pinning him at a half chance is not a probable cause of exterminating him. Norton you could see was getting frustrated. And the words of Arn Anderson started flooding my own mind. Was Rey just taking the punishment and preparing to Phoenix his name all over Norton's head. Some thumping hammer blows from Norton, but Rey kept shrugging them off. Norton kept trying to use the cage on Rey, but at one juncture Rey actually somehow vice like caught onto the steel rings on the cage and surprised Norton with a springboard back body drop. Norton got up quickly, but Rey sprang into the ropes and hit a stunning drop kick. Rey then went to the top rope, and hit an amazing moonsault. Norton eventually got up, but was struggling, Diamond Dallas Page walked down the aisle looking pensive, as Rey pointed to him as if to say this one was for him.... BANG! Springboard hurricanrana! He caught Norton's legs... 1 2 3!!! [CENTER][SIZE="4"][B]Your Winner:[/B] Rey Mysterio Jr[/SIZE][/CENTER] As Rey peered through the cage as it began to be raised, we raced straight to the back, where 'Macho Man' Randy Savage was crashing the back of Bill Goldberg with a steel chair!! Security immediately separated the two men, but the damage to Goldberg's back was already done!

Alright buddy, glad to see you back on here and this diary is back with us again. Great return show as expected, I'd forgotten how good you are at capturing the feel of the era. And I'm really loving the whole Horsemen thing, so well done and you just know they are going to make a huge splash very soon. Great to have you back mate.

Archived