Signing workers away from "enemy" promotions?

Playing the justtxyank edit of the "Montreal Aftermath" mod by CarlitoCool as WCW, and no matter what, when the contract of someone presently employed by WWF is open to negotiation, they always flat-out refuse to even begin talks with me, due to my WCW's ongoing war with the WWF. Is this an unavoidable scenario? It seems somewhat unrealistic that people would avoid going to WCW at that point in time, since virtually every former WWF employee got something of a push there. On the other hand, though, I can see how it would simulate realism with someone not wanting to negotiate a potential job at the risk of losing the one they already have, but I don't see why, say, Shawn Michaels & Triple H or Owen Hart wouldn't want to jump ship. As an aside to that note, is the [I]EWR[/I] mechanic of people being more or less likely to sign if their friends or enemies are in my promotion still intact? And would signing said people affect other workers?

If a promotion has a higher prestige than you even if you are at the same size level they will always sign with that promotion. So if you are national and WWf is national but you have a 70 prestige and they have 71 prestige then a worker is always with the promotion with 71 prestige.

Guest cmdrsam
Not trying to be a smart***. Run better shows. If you are running high enough shows you gain a small percentage in prestige.

Don't worry, that doesn't come off as smartassed at all. In fact, I feel kinda like a dumbass for not seeing a solution that is so obvious in retrospect... I'll keep an eye on my prestige ranking proper now. Props to ye, cmdrsam.

Guest cmdrsam
It's all good bud. Good luck. Hell I may not even be right either but it seems like if I run a great show my prestige goes up.

[QUOTE=Zakarl;423470]Don't worry, that doesn't come off as smartassed at all. In fact, I feel kinda like a dumbass for not seeing a solution that is so obvious in retrospect... I'll keep an eye on my prestige ranking proper now. Props to ye, cmdrsam.[/QUOTE] what size are the two? If you're not global, you'll gain prestige as well by rising up a size from international to global. You get the idea.

As has been stated there are two ways to raise prestige. 1) Putting on good shows. This will usually raise your Prestige .1 or .2 percent per show above your current prestige rating. 2) Rising in size. Every size increase gives you a drastic increase I'm not usre how much I've never paid attention and I don't know what determines how high it rises, whether it's random or based on the show you ran to finally make the jump in size. I'm pretty sure the prestige jump can be but isn't always as much as a 10% raise I find it's usually at least one grade sometimes two say from C+ to B- or B.

To go from international to global, you need to keep your popularity in your home country at B- (>71%) in more than 3/4 of the regions, and D- (35%) in the rest - but you will already have that to be international. Then you need 5 regions at C+ (65%) in other countries, as opposed to 4 at C- (53%) for international.

Archived