Highest Attendance Ever!!

What is your highest attendance ever??!! Just had mine. Here's how it looks Date: Saturday, Week 4, January 2011 Venue: Nevada Brad Imes (14-7) def. Roger Gracie (5-1) Cole Miller (16-5) def. Eddie Alvarez (16-7) Aleksander Emilianenko (16-8) def. Jeff Monson (25-7) Rob McCullough (17-8) def. Nate Mohr (11-10) Gilbert Melendez (16-2) def. Kurt Pellegrino (13-7) Marcus Aurelio (18-6) def. Takanori Gomi (31-5) Roger Huerta (26-4-1) def. Jeff Joslin (13-3) Jon Fitch (19-3) vs WW CHAMP Georges St-Pierre (23-2) UFC Welterweight Championchip Rashad Evans (15-2-1) def. LHW CHAMP Chuck Liddell (24-6) UFC LightHeavy Weight Championchip Attendance for UFC 116: Night of Champions ===> 43,496 !!

I had 73,667 fans turn out to an event in California in 2006. I have ticket prices set to cheap, and very high comp levels set to maximize attendance.. i only make about 500k from the gate, but make 30m from PPV revenue, and with cash maxed at 250m, i am more interested in the attendance records than i am with earning an extra couple of mill :)

I started the game earlier in 1990 on my Default database, with everyone at zero popularity and at zero match records. Biggest attendance was a May 1996 card (So 6 years in the game) with Tadamasa vs Rivero. HUGE matchup that one was, both were on a long streak with big wins on big opponents. Tadamasa Koed Rivero 3.25 of round 3 to retain the title. Attendance was 67,060 in California (The regions were set as default) To get high crowds you need to get high popularity in the region, have 2 very popular and exciting fighters on huge winning streaks. Massive interest is a must also. Also you need to put the adjust the corporate sections and give free tickets away. It also plays a huge role as to what the market is like in the country you are in, plus the overal draw of the region. TV shows bring in much less crowds. I think the overal card plays a role also. So having a big main event with a bunch of rookies on the undercard does not help much. Recently i have been having 12 matches per card and my attendances are much lower in general. Max was around 45k i think.

[QUOTE=Capelli King;426606]I started the game earlier in 1990 on my Default database, with everyone at zero popularity and at zero match records. Biggest attendance was a May 1996 card (So 6 years in the game) with Tadamasa vs Rivero. HUGE matchup that one was, both were on a long streak with big wins on big opponents. Tadamasa Koed Rivero 3.25 of round 3 to retain the title. Attendance was 67,060 in California (The regions were set as default) To get high crowds you need to get high popularity in the region, have 2 very popular and exciting fighters on huge winning streaks. Massive interest is a must also. Also you need to put the adjust the corporate sections and give free tickets away. It also plays a huge role as to what the market is like in the country you are in, plus the overal draw of the region. TV shows bring in much less crowds. I think the overal card plays a role also. So having a big main event with a bunch of rookies on the undercard does not help much. Recently i have been having 12 matches per card and my attendances are much lower in general. Max was around 45k i think.[/QUOTE] I wish to discuss this further - If you have booked 7 excellent fights on a card, do you then get a bonus in attendance if you book five crappy filler fights? Is there even a point to crappy filler fights?

[QUOTE=Eyeball;426694]I wish to discuss this further - If you have booked 7 excellent fights on a card, do you then get a bonus in attendance if you book five crappy filler fights? Is there even a point to crappy filler fights?[/QUOTE] I have generally found it is the Main Event and Semi final that determine the crowd. eg, if i hit advice without booking a fight, i am told the expected attendance might be 10,000. If i then book main event and hit advice, it might say expect attendance of 15,000, and again after booking the semi final the expected attendance will rise. For any matches i book after those 2, regardless of quality of match, there is no change to expected attendance.

Yeah, that could be true about the semis. If you get 2 massives in a row that coudl do it. That said, i could easily book a card of 5 massives if i wanted. Just i never put it as my goal to beat the attendance record. That said, i also really like the previous record. I think the old generation is generally better than the new generation and the Yamada vs rivero fight was awesome in every sence.

Archived