Suggestion for any future TEW.....

I see most people don't want a play by play system in TEW, and Adam has basically said that it's a bitch to code for what it would be worth. But the only thing I can say is that the one thing that needs improving for TEW is the immersion/fluff factor. There simply wasn't enough of it previously....I say that because I don't want to judge the new game before it comes out. But as someone else said, fluff isn't a bad thing.....even if the GUI was loaded with it, because it does all help the game. Where you draw the line is when fluff obstructs the actual playing of the game itself. As for little things like sponsors and advertising negotiations and even smaller things like sponsor catchphrase taglines such as what was included in EWR and TEW 04, they serve very little purpose, perhaps even nothing at all, but every little helps with immersion and that is something you can never have enough of in any game, let alone a text simulator. In fact in a text game more than any, immersion (or fluff) should be a major priority due to the nature of the game. Then again I know alot of text sims that are awful so I appreciate the fact that Adam makes the game itself his top priority, because it means when TEW reaches a certain level, all the fluff could easily be added into new games. Creating in the end the ultimate wrestling booker sim.

[QUOTE=thommohawk;430618]I see most people don't want a play by play system in TEW, and Adam has basically said that it's a bitch to code for what it would be worth. But the only thing I can say is that the one thing that needs improving for TEW is the immersion/fluff factor. There simply wasn't enough of it previously....I say that because I don't want to judge the new game before it comes out. But as someone else said, fluff isn't a bad thing.....even if the GUI was loaded with it, because it does all help the game. Where you draw the line is when fluff obstructs the actual playing of the game itself. As for little things like sponsors and advertising negotiations and even smaller things like sponsor catchphrase taglines such as what was included in EWR and TEW 04, they serve very little purpose, perhaps even nothing at all, but every little helps with immersion and that is something you can never have enough of in any game, let alone a text simulator. In fact in a text game more than any, immersion (or fluff) should be a major priority due to the nature of the game. Then again I know alot of text sims that are awful so I appreciate the fact that Adam makes the game itself his top priority, because it means when TEW reaches a certain level, all the fluff could easily be added into new games. Creating in the end the ultimate wrestling booker sim.[/QUOTE] I agree. The one single thing I'm disappointed most with in the TEW series has been the 'talk to worker' option being simplified and rendered pretty much meaningless. The idea that in an advanced booker sim, that's striving for increased realism with each new addition, you can't ask your world champion who he'd like to work with, or even have workers suggest feuds, is bizarre to me. I'm really hoping that it's a surprise feature that hasn't been mentioned in the journal, because it really added a lot for me when playing the first TEW.

Archived