APW - A Country Designed Purely to Kill You.

I love this company in the game keep up the good work, you have a reader! [B]Whirlwind Lee Wilkes[/B] vs. Cole Taylor [B]Rick Stantz[/B] vs. Triple S [B]Swoop McCarthy [/B]vs. Lanny Williams [B]Nathan Mackenzie[/B] vs. Harry Simonson (APW Commonwealth)

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[img]http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/apw/diary8.png[/img] [img]http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/apw/website8.png[/img] Quick picks: 1. Inferno vs. Frankie Robertson 2. Triple S vs. Alyx Macquarie 3. Rising Sons vs. Melbourne Blondes (Tag titles) 4. Boo Smithson vs. NZ Pitbull (APW Australian Title) 5. Harry vs. Lanny vs. Swoop for the #1 contendership. I hope you like the new format for the card announcement, I figured there wasn't much more I could do with the chats so I'll save them for the big events instead ;)

1. [B]Inferno[/B] vs. Frankie Robertson 2. Triple S vs. [B]Alyx Macquarie [/B] 3. Rising Sons vs. [B]Melbourne Blondes[/B] (Tag titles) 4. [B]Boo Smithson[/B] vs. NZ Pitbull (APW Australian Title) 5. Harry vs. Lanny vs. [B]Swoop[/B] for the #1 contendership [I]dunno why but pick the dude I prefer over the likely winner when I pick for you a lot it seems. I like the new layout especially the links to the news about retirements and such. It makes it stand out.[/I]

1.[B] Inferno[/B] vs. Frankie Robertson 2. [B]Triple S[/B] vs. Alyx Macquarie 3. Rising Sons vs. [B]Melbourne Blondes [/B](Tag titles) 4. Boo Smithson vs. [B]NZ Pitbull[/B] (APW Australian Title) 5. Harry vs. Lanny vs. [B]Swoop [/B]for the #1 contendership.

[QUOTE=maskedpropaganda;455970]1. I like the new layout especially the links to the news about retirements and such. It makes it stand out.[/I][/QUOTE] Yeah - one of my favourite bits of diaries is seeing how people's worlds pan out differently, and I felt I wasn't doing it justice with the pure text chats so I figured I'd tart it up a bit. Glad it's working. Thanks for the predictions you guys :)

Here we go again - make sure you read the website bit as something big has happened. Also - what do you think of Inferno's new look? It's an MS paint job but I think he came out pretty good :) [img]http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/apw/diary9.png[/img] [img]http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/apw/website9.png[/img] Quick picks: 1. Dingo Devine vs. Cole Taylor 2. Trehawke Phillips vs. Inferno 3. Jimmy Stratosphere vs. Motty Kuroda 4. The Melbourne Blondes vs. Samoan Demolition (APW Tag Titles) 5. The Megadome: Nathan Mackenzie vs. Lanny Williams vs. Harry Simonson vs. Swoop McCarthy vs. Boo Smithson vs. New Zealand Pit Bull.

Quick picks: 1. [B]Dingo Devine[/B] vs. Cole Taylor [I]Devine's one of the more talented wrestlers in Australia, no reason for him to lose here.[/I] 2. Trehawke Phillips vs. [B]Inferno[/B] [I]Custom graphic job = push.[/I] 3. [B]Jimmy Stratosphere[/B] vs. Motty Kuroda [I]Stratosphere's got a higher upside than Kuroda.[/I] 4. [B]The Melbourne Blondes[/B] vs. Samoan Demolition (APW Tag Titles) [I]The Blondes are quite skilled. And they provide stability in the title picture, something your other two belts really don't have.[/I] 5. The Megadome: Nathan Mackenzie vs. Lanny Williams vs. Harry Simonson vs. [B]Swoop McCarthy[/B] vs. Boo Smithson vs. New Zealand Pit Bull. [I]Never bet against Swoop when you've got no idea who could win.[/I] I really enjoy this diary, and APW in general. I've got a long running game of my own, and it's really interesting to compare and contrast the two.

[SIZE="7"]APW's MEGADOME[/SIZE] The Megadome is head booker Phil Netten's brainchild, carried over from numerous federations in the past. Comprised of two eighteen foot cells stuck on top of each other, the Megadome is a brutal environment in which only the strongest survive. With only a simple ladder joining the two floors, there is only way up - but depending on the force of the moves being traded there can be more than one way down! Traditionally, the match is an elimination match with the winner being the last man standing. However, for APW's Megadome 2008, Netten (ring name Inferno) has stipulated that the only way to win is via removing your opponents from the structure. This follows on from the last Megadome back in 2004 with the NFW, wherein one man was paralysed after being speared through the cage wall to the floor below. The Megadome was specially constructed at a cost of $18000, and although the event will operate at a loss this year they are hoping that the cage will stay mostly intact so that this can be a recurring theme. Some in the Australian provinces are comparing this to TCW's Malice in Wonderland and other significant annual shows. Error with image file (apologies for the awful mspaint job)

1. Dingo Devine vs. [B]Cole Taylor[/B] -[I] Never bet against a dude with a 'fro haha.[/I] 2. Trehawke Phillips vs. [B]Inferno[/B] -[I] Trehawke isn't that talented, so you pick up the win here.[/I] 3. Jimmy Stratosphere vs. [B]Motty Kuroda[/B] - [I]I know Jimmy is the more talented of the two, but I like the look of Kuroda, so personal preference comes into play here.[/I] 4. [B]The Melbourne Blondes[/B] vs. Samoan Demolition (APW Tag Titles) - [I]Champs to retain, as Demoliton aren't really good enough to win the belts on their debut.[/I] 5. The Megadome: Nathan Mackenzie vs. Lanny Williams vs. Harry Simonson vs. [B]Swoop McCarthy[/B] vs. Boo Smithson vs. New Zealand Pit Bull. - [I]SWOOOOOOOOP![/I]

toot toot [img]http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/apw/diary10.png[/img] [img]http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/apw/website10.png[/img] I hope you enjoyed it :) Quick picks: Cole Taylor vs. Alyx Macquarie Crime Wave vs. Samoan Demolition Triple S vs. New Zealand Pit Bull Lanny Williams vs. Rick Stantz Harry Simonson vs. Swoop McCarthy

Good show matey, great write up for the Megadome match in particular :), and I like the Hitman's Office idea too. [B]Cole Taylor[/B] vs. Alyx Macquarie -[I] As I said, you don't bet against the dude with the 'fro.[/I] Crime Wave vs. [B]Samoan Demolition[/B] [I]- Crime Wave suck, and SD can have more of an impact I feel.[/I] [B]Triple S[/B] vs. New Zealand Pit Bull [I]- Could go either way[/i] [B]Lanny Williams[/B] vs. Rick Stantz [I]- Purely because he is better and further up the card.[/I] Harry Simonson vs. [B]Swoop McCarthy[/B] [I]- SWOOOOP to get back on track.[/I]

[QUOTE=TrekkieMonsta;460764]Good show matey, great write up for the Megadome match in particular :), and I like the Hitman's Office idea too. [/quote] Thanks - I would get burned out if I wrote out every match like that (takes me back to running an e-fed) but I figure for what is my wrestlemania equivalent it was worth it. Hitman's Office is so amazingly an APA style rip off I'm surprised it's not been met with derision yet, but we'll see :)

Cole Taylor vs. [B]Alyx Macquarie[/B] [I]Alyx is good and a favorite[/I] Crime Wave vs. [B]Samoan Demolition[/B] [I]I like both teams but the Samoans are new and simply awesome looking. Devil is one of my favs all time.[/I] Triple S vs. [B]New Zealand Pit Bull[/B] [I]Hate S like the Pit Bull[/I] [B]Lanny Williams[/B] vs. Rick Stantz [I]Williams still has it[/I] Harry Simonson vs. [B]Swoop McCarthy[/B] [I]Good match! Hitman gets Swooped[/I]

[B]Cole Taylor[/B] vs. Alyx Macquarie [I]Seems like you have the same itch to get him over as do I[/I] Crime Wave vs. [B]Samoan Demolition[/B] [I]I personally hate CW because of D.O.A being such a prick about everything and always causing problems.[/I] [B]Triple S [/B]vs. New Zealand Pit Bull [I]Trips getting over cause he is nailing the boss's daughter[/I] [B]Lanny Williams[/B] vs. Rick Stantz [I]Lanny b/c I know you'll be getting rid of Stantz here soon cause all he does is piss everyone off[/I] [B]Harry Simonson [/B]vs. Swoop McCarthy [I]Harry wins this one and you move on to another match with Swoop winning, Harry goes heel and then loses the third match to Swoop for the blow off match[/I]

Cole Taylor vs. [B]Alyx Macquarie[/B]-[I]While he may be God yet, with a little work Alyx could be God...thus he should win.[/I] Crime Wave vs. [B]Samoan Demolition[/B]-[I]DOA is gonna be just D...dead.[/I] Triple S vs. [B]New Zealand Pit Bull[/B]-[I]Another big man win.[/I] [B]Lanny Williams[/B] vs. Rick Stantz-[I]I want to say give Rick the win to throw him in the main event, but the main event is to clutered already, plus he is already in a good program.[/I] Harry Simonson vs. [B]Swoop McCarthy[/B]-[I]SWOOOOP![/I]

[QUOTE=machinesxe;462163] [B]Triple S [/B]vs. New Zealand Pit Bull [I]Trips getting over cause he is nailing the boss's daughter[/I] [/QUOTE] Haha it was never the most subtle of name changes really was it :) [quote] [B]Lanny Williams[/B] vs. Rick Stantz [I]Lanny b/c I know you'll be getting rid of Stantz here soon cause all he does is piss everyone off[/I] [/quote] Actually, I've had no backstage problems with him since February I think. I gave him a strong warning and he's stopped being a sod. I've just jinxed it now though. [quote] [B]Harry Simonson [/B]vs. Swoop McCarthy [I]Harry wins this one and you move on to another match with Swoop winning, Harry goes heel and then loses the third match to Swoop for the blow off match[/I][/QUOTE] Harry went heel at Megadome :) -- Everyone else - thank you for your predictions. It means a lot that I have several active readers :)

[QUOTE=Rathen4;462193]Haha it was never the most subtle of name changes really was it :) Actually, I've had no backstage problems with him since February I think. I gave him a strong warning and he's stopped being a sod. I've just jinxed it now though. Harry went heel at Megadome :) -- Everyone else - thank you for your predictions. It means a lot that I have several active readers :)[/QUOTE] Everyone else? Not me! I am a hardcore fan of anything APW...LOL I must have missed Megadome and since then didn't realize, I must have over looked it....I'm going back to reread that right there.

No you did great. I somehow completley looked over Megadome, for some reason I scrolled right past it today. As for Megadom....The write up was awesome. I know you can't write all of them that good b/c it take to much time but man I can't wait to read some more "Huge" matches. Good stuff. You got a solid reader out of me. I hope when I finally launch my diary(APW) it is a quarter as good as yours.

Wow - that's some pretty strong praise there buddy so thank you very much indeed. I hope the rest of the events live up to that - I want to point out that APW getting to regional is the first time in my TEW history that I've had a promotion increase in size so I'm thrilled :D Sorry for no update for a few days - I graduated from university Tuesday and have had a very busy week teaching :) I hope to get APW's Coming Home written up tomorrow - but for now please meet one of the regens I'm quite pleased with. His backstory is mine, of course, but I have not edited any stats or anything like that. -- [QUOTE][CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]Ruben Lebowski[/SIZE][/B] [img]http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/apw/rubenlebowski.jpg[/img] [SIZE="1"](Not my render - I google image searched "Poser male" then cut it myself)[/SIZE][/CENTER] Ruben Lebowski is a 19 year old Australian ex-hospital radio worker that decided to branch out into sports after a particularly nasty MRSA outbreak almost cleaned out the hospital he was broadcasting in. After spending a torturous year commentating cricket (Ruben set the record for falling asleep during broadcasts at three times in a four week period) he decided to get out into something a bit more fast paced. He entered the Australian wrestling world in September 2008. [CENTER][img]http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/apw/rubenstats.png[/img][/CENTER][/QUOTE] I think you can see why I'm quite excited about him.

Oh why hello! [img]http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/apw/diary11.png[/img] [img]http://rathen.animebots.co.uk/tew/apw/website11.png[/img] Quick Picks: Dingo Devine vs. Motty Kuroda The Melbourne Blondes vs. Samoan Demolition Lanny Williams vs. Inferno Boo Smithson vs. Triple S vs. New Zealand Pit Bull (APW Australian title) Nathan Mackenzie vs. Swoop McCarthy Any comments/criticisms/questions are very much welcomed and encouraged :) Thanks for reading!

Quick Picks: [B]Dingo Devine [/B]vs. Motty Kuroda [I]The Great Devine can't lose, he has to win b/c you need the future...[/I] The Melbourne Blondes vs. [B]Samoan Demolition[/B] [I]SD is taking this one b/c otherwise the set up from last show wouldn't continue and make anymore sense...[/I] [B]Lanny Williams[/B] vs. Inferno [I]Lanny is taking this one cause well nothing personal but your Inferno gimmick isn't getting over in my heart...I am a big mark for the Sebs Style pictures so since he looks out of place, he gets no love...I am installing Daz back on my desktop tonight and when wipping up a render or two for my own diary I might just shoot you one if you would like...then maybe Inferno get some NY love....[/I] Boo Smithson vs. [B]Triple S[/B] vs. New Zealand Pit Bull (APW Australian title) [I]Trips, well cause just like I've said before no one beats the boss's daughter's man...[/I] [B]Nathan Mackenzie[/B] vs. Swoop McCarthy [I]Nate Dawg cause he is the king of Australia...Not realy but b/c Swoop doesn't have the momentium to grab the belt from him right now. A couple more showdowns between the two and you can book Swoooooooppp to take the leadership of APW....[/I] BTW, great stuff here as always....Looking forward to the next update.

[QUOTE=machinesxe;465016]Quick Picks: I am installing Daz back on my desktop tonight and when wipping up a render or two for my own diary I might just shoot you one if you would like...then maybe Inferno get some NY love....[/QUOTE] Yeah, that's MS Paint for you. I would love a special render for him! If you could do that I'd name the next aussie regen after you! Thanks for the comments and predictions again, it's always interesting to see where we agree and disagree!

Archived