TEW 08: 1991 & 1992 RW Mod (Release = June 20th)

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And now looking at them, every single picture on the bottom is ahead of the mod date, Stings the only one where it's hard to tell, maybe Bret too. And all are pretty much "height of popularity" in the wrestlers time line. So having the group of future stars have a picture that co-insides with when they were the stars, faded and below the current stars........works great.

[QUOTE=Sartagis;444873]And now looking at them, every single picture on the bottom is ahead of the mod date, Stings the only one where it's hard to tell, maybe Bret too. And all are pretty much "height of popularity" in the wrestlers time line. So having the group of future stars have a picture that co-insides with when they were the stars, faded and below the current stars........works great.[/QUOTE] someone gets it! lol....

Personally I love and appreciate the work Fenoli did on the screen just out of a total volenteer in the span of a few days. I just gave him the rough idea of what I had thought up, and he took care of basically everything. I love whoever said it looks awful and "amatuerish". As opposed to what, professional? Who's getting paid here? Every person on this board is an amatuer, and as we speak, Fenoli's screen is the only one that's actually been submitted. So thanks bro.

[QUOTE=justtxyank;444730]Wasn't it Sid who caused the Hogan/Flair matchup to never come to fruition by demanding the main event he was promised?[/QUOTE] Actually just from reading about it a few nights ago in the Observer, Hogan and Flair were scheduled to have a feud after Wrestlemania, obviously people thought it was going to happen right away, but it didn't. However even as late as March 1992 according to Meltzer yes it was still planned to happen. But then it got scrapped because Hogan went on hiatus once the scandal started.

[QUOTE=troy10;444897]Here's a screen I made for you. [url]http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h213/kingofkings24/title_screencopy.jpg[/url][/QUOTE] Thats cool too thanks. I guess I'll just include every title screen in a pack, man this really is going to be a comprehensive mod, MULTIPLE TITLE SCREENS.

[QUOTE=Johnny Fenoli;444751]the idea is those guys were all getting their starts around this time.... and the pics of them are them in their primes.... 5 to 10 years later... but yeah since it looks so awful and amatuerish, you should definetly not use it....[/QUOTE] It certainly wasn't my intention to hurt feelings here and come across all Simon Cowell like. I was merely offering an my opinions from a graphical point of view. By all means, tell me to go **** myself if you wish. Although I should point out, one doesn't have to be a professional to produce work to a professional standard. Regardless, I'm sure there are, aside from myself, other members of this forum who are in the profession of art and design who would no doubt gladly, free of charge, offer to create a title screen for D16NJD16 and his mod (Which I have no doubt will be a fine one).

[QUOTE=troy10;444897]Here's a screen I made for you. [url]http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h213/kingofkings24/title_screencopy.jpg[/url][/QUOTE] This looks good. Unfortunate placing of the dental floss, but good none-the-less. It definitely says 1991 to me. Including multiple title screens would be a splendid idea, the more choices open the better. If I haven't irreparably damaged my reputation here by upsetting popular people, I would like to throw a title screen into the mix too. If that's okay?

[QUOTE=D16NJD16;444903]Thats cool too thanks. I guess I'll just include every title screen in a pack, man this really is going to be a comprehensive mod, MULTIPLE TITLE SCREENS.[/QUOTE] As long as it has workers it should be ok. :D [QUOTE=CW Saton;444916]This looks good. Unfortunate placing of the dental floss, but good none-the-less. It definitely says 1991 to me. Including multiple title screens would be a splendid idea, the more choices open the better. If I haven't irreparably damaged my reputation here by upsetting popular people, I would like to throw a title screen into the mix too. If that's okay?[/QUOTE] Thank you sir, may I have another?! Not sure why but that made me think of that line from the movie "Animal House" :p

[QUOTE=CW Saton;444905]It certainly wasn't my intention to hurt feelings here and come across all Simon Cowell like. I was merely offering an my opinions from a graphical point of view. By all means, tell me to go **** myself if you wish. [/QUOTE] no, you just said it was awful and amateurish... you didnt back that up with anything. The screen produced was almost exactly to the point of the "job" I was given. [QUOTE=D16NJD16;444905] Originally Posted by D16NJD16 thanks alot man, here is what I sent to someone else who PMed me about it. Im not sure if they grasped what im looking for For both 1991 and 1992 I definitely wanted to have the current main eventers and big stars sort of big and large in the background, say Hogan, Warrior, Savage, Flair. And then more on the bottom, in front of them but much smaller, almost in the shadow so to speak, what ended up being the stars of the future, say Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Steve Austin, Brian Pillman, etc. As for the background, 1992 I'm not sure, but for 1991, I wanted to have something that would fit with the name of the mod, which is "Filling the Colliseum", and the meaning behind that is that in 1991 the WWF had planned to try and run Wrestlemania in the LA Colliseum, which fits like 90,000 fans and is gigantic, but because the main event was so lackluster and the product getting to be stale, they had to move to something smaller, like the LA sports Arena, because they knew they could not "Fill The Colliseum". With that said, I was thinking of having a shot of the Colliseum in the background (I really like this shot [url]http://www.chrisputro.com/ballparks/...20Coliseum.jpg[/url]) Thats what I got goin in my head right now [/QUOTE] I took an hour to find the pics, I took an hour to download photoshop again (as I havent used it since I made screens for Forlan and D. Boon), and I took a little over an hour to make the actual screen... I think it turned out pretty good. Sorry it disappointed others, guess it's time to "retire" the photoshop again as I dont have the "touch" no mo'...

Come on guys, don’t really waste time arguing about optional graphics. It's not an inaugural part of the mod whatsoever, just bells and whistles. Very generously donated bells and whistles. :o Few more days, just a few more days...

[QUOTE=D16NJD16;444934]Come on guys, don’t really waste time arguing about optional graphics. It's not an inaugural part of the mod whatsoever, just bells and whistles. Very generously donated bells and whistles. :o Few more days, just a few more days...[/QUOTE] You're right, just aggravated, I always have doubt about any screen I've ever made... So, guess I'm sensitive... :o

I'll include any title screens regardless of title name sure, but yeah thats my name for it. All I'd really like is for the mod really to become to be associated as the '90's mod' as much as DOTT is the '80's mod' 1014 x 685 btw

[QUOTE=Johnny Fenoli;444938]You're right, just aggravated, I always have doubt about any screen I've ever made... So, guess I'm sensitive... :o[/QUOTE] You have my apologies for upsetting you sir. Feel free to mock and criticise my title screen, once I've made it, as you see fit. :) Actually, 'The 90's Mod' sounds like a cool name. Written in a garish 90's style font, that may look good.

[QUOTE=Johnny Fenoli;444751]the idea is those guys were all getting their starts around this time.... and the pics of them are them in their primes.... 5 to 10 years later... but yeah since it looks so awful and amatuerish, you should definetly not use it....[/QUOTE] Just want to clarify that I didn't say it looked bad, just didn't understand the reasoning for the pictures.

[QUOTE=D16NJD16;445126]hes obviously a Booker T mark :o[/QUOTE] Yeah, that was kinda my signature into the screen too. Doing a King Booker cut rather than a normal Booker T. It was during this time that Booker T debuted as GI Bro on the texas indie circuit. He's one of the greatest of all time.... 5 time world champ 14 time tag team champ King of the Ring born and raised in Houston, Tx Easily one of the greats that came on the scene in this time.

Archived