TEW 08: 1991 & 1992 RW Mod (Release = June 20th)

[SIZE="6"]TEW 08: 1991 AND 1992 RW Mod (Anticipation Station)[/SIZE] Sorry everyone but I had to remake this thread, it seems like a board glitch got the original one deleted. This will fill everyone in: [quote] [quote] [IMG]http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f360/withauthority/titlescreenkp3.jpg[/IMG] [CENTER][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][B][SIZE="4"]1991[/SIZE][/B][/FONT][/CENTER] [quote] [I] [FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"] [SIZE="3"] It is year 1991 and the 1990’s are still very young. Wrestlemania is 4 months away, and for this year [B]Vince McMahon[/B] has big plans to run Wrestlemania in the largest arena yet, the LA Sports Coliseum, with hopes of breaking the Wrestlemania III attendance record and of course, making a truckload of money. It’s obvious however that it will be harder then he thinks. His big idea to run [B]Hulk Hogan[/B] Vs. freshly heel turned [B]Sgt. Slaughter[/B] in an American Hero Vs. Iraq Sympathizer match is flopping, as early reaction to the gimmick has been luke-warm. That is not Vince’s only option however. Mark Calloway, formerly known as Mean Mark, recently debuted at the last PPV under an intriguing gimmick where he is being referred to as The Undertaker. Unlike Slaughter, the reaction to [B]the Undertaker[/B] has been red hot from the very beginning. His undead monster character is the perfect one for a Hogan feud one would think. Or will the enigmatic [B]Ultimate Warrior[/B] not drop the belt at all. Will you instead try to rely on the Warrior to fill the Coliseum, [COLOR="YellowGreen"]to load the Coliseum[/COLOR], [COLOR="Magenta"] load them with the Warriors?[/COLOR] In general, will you continue to run with the old guard, or begin the "New Generation" a few years early. It could be a long road to re-condition fans to not believing the "Bigger is Better" approach that the company has pushed for so many years, but talented as well as charismatic wrestlers such as [B]Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels[/B] could make the transition easy. As WCW, will you continue to try and style yourself as the WWF despite fans objection, or push a contrasting product to satisfy your longtime fans and convert others. A lightweight division perhaps, or an infusion of foreign talent. A properly formed 4 Horseman if nothing else. Or, as the WWF, will you try to get the one and only [B]Ric Flair[/B] away from the WCW in time to do Hogan Vs. Flair for the first time ever? How will you "Fill The Coliseum"? One thing is for sure--- Hogan-Slaughter isn't going to do it. [/I] [/SIZE] [/FONT] [/quote] [SIZE="5"] 1991: Filling The Colliseum MOD STATS[/SIZE] [SIZE="4"]Start Date: January 1st 1991 Tenative Release Date: June 20th 2008 Completion Percentage: 99% [/SIZE] Alter Egos: 280 Angles: 866 Promotions - 66 Dojo - 17 Dojo Graduates - 22 Workers - 1,518 Locations - 1,166 Match Types - 185 Move sets: 1,240 Moves: 1,400 Gimmicks - 495(No Duplicates) Teams - 225 Pacts - 13 Relations - 900 Storylines - 240 Stables - 13 Titles - 78 Injuries - 66 Networks - 126 TV Shows - 20 Events - 111 Start Injuries - 11 [/quote] [quote] [SIZE="5"]1992: THE YEAR OF ? MOD STATS[/SIZE] [SIZE="4"]Start Date: January 1st 1992 Tenative Release Date: June 20th 2008 Completion Percentage: 99% [/SIZE] Alter Egos: 300 Angles: 755 Promotions - 53 Dojo - 17 Dojo Graduates - 15 Workers - 1,475 Locations - 1,168 Match Types - 185 Move sets: 1,240 Moves: 1,130 Gimmicks - 486(No Duplicates) Teams - 221 Pacts - 14 Relations - 850 Storylines - 211 Stables - 9 Titles - 77 Injuries - 62 TV Shows - 19 Networks - 124 Events - 90 Start Injuries - 12 [/quote] [/quote]

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I compiled this for those interested using the filter search in-game. These are the top 3 pure stat wise for each catagory. Keep in mind these things dont take into account overness or physical condition. [quote] Top Brawlers Mick Foley Stan Hansen Vader Puro Kenta Kobashi Jumbo Tsuruta Misawa Hardcore Mick Foley Terry Funk The Shiek Ariel Jushin Thunder Liger Rey Misterio Jr. Shawn Michaels Mat Bret Hart Chris Benoit Dean Malenko Chain Bret Hart Chris Benoit Ric Flair Submission Bret Hart Chrs Benoit Ken Shamrock (Vince Torelli) Basics Bret Hart Ric Flair Dory Funk Jr. Psychology Bret Hart Hulk Hogan Jake Roberts Consistency Bret Hart Chris Benoit Kenta Kobashi Selling Bret Hart Chris Benoit Ric Flair Athleticism Rey Jr Shawn Michaels Jushin Liger Stamina Bret Hart Ric Flair Chris Benoit Charisma Hulk Hogan Ric Flair Roddy Piper Mic Skills Ric Flair Hulk Hogan Mick Foley Acting Vince McMahon Roddy Piper Hulk Hogan Sex Appeal Pamela Anderson Tammy Sytch Shawn Michaels Star Quality Andre The Giant Hulk Hogan The Ultimate Warrior Toughness Terry Funk Mick Foley Steve Dr. Death Williams Resilance Mick Foley Jim Duggan The Sandman Respect Stu Hart Terry Funk Vince McMahon Booking Skills Paul Heyman Vince McMahon George Scott Promotions #1 WWF #2 WCW #3 NJPW #4 AJPW [/quote]

Look forward to seeing how this one turns out man. Very impressed with the number of workers you got and the fact you are aiming for something era specific, though I wonder how possible that is with the amount of data you are working with. Most of the top 3's look good to me, a few I disagree with and some of it is a little USA-centric but it looks like being a solid mod.

I second Tarheelia up there, have to love 90s mods. But I have one concern though about the stats you provided. Toughness is not how much punishment one can take, its how tough one is, meaning, how good they'd be in real life fights. This has been confirmed by many cources in the past. With that in mind, I'd rethink Foley as one of the top 3 toughest people in 92.

[QUOTE=Day_Dreamer;434584]I second Tarheelia up there, have to love 90s mods. But I have one concern though about the stats you provided. Toughness is not how much punishment one can take, its how tough one is, meaning, how good they'd be in real life fights. This has been confirmed by many cources in the past. With that in mind, I'd rethink Foley as one of the top 3 toughest people in 92.[/QUOTE] Really. How would that ever come to play in a game like TEW? I had Foley there totally on the basis that it meant toughness in general, not real life fighting. Ill have to look into that

Oh and some news, everyone will see from the topic the the release date for this is pushed back as I've decided, since I was working on it for myself anyway, to also release my 1991 mod, which obviously will be directly based from the 1992 mod. So a little variety of choice I figure. In addition to major roster changes obviously, there will also be minor statistical changes, but the mods will definitely go hand in hand with one another. sorry for the delay but i was on vacation and havent even had the chance to buy the full version of TEW yet.

[QUOTE=SasoreGatame;436269]I wouldn't put Kobashi in the top 3 for Puro in 1992. It should be Kawada/Misawa/Jumbo.[/QUOTE] Dont worry theyre actually A rated right along with him, I think all around the 85-90 range, I just got more then 3 in the A and above range when I did the filter, so I didnt feel like listing them all.

[QUOTE=D16NJD16;435447]Really. How would that ever come to play in a game like TEW? I had Foley there totally on the basis that it meant toughness in general, not real life fighting. Ill have to look into that[/QUOTE] How it matters is it adds a lot of legitimacy to the wrestlers, and ultimately, the company. You need a real world parallel, Bill Watts fired anybody who lost a real life fight outside wrestling. I'm not being a prick and saying just because I like it that way, it has to be, but I remember Adam saying thats what the toughness stat meant.

[QUOTE=gazwefc83;437427]it would also come into play in the backstage incidents i believe[/QUOTE] I don't think so. It's personality what matters in the backstage incidents. I don't think there other incidents if one of the backstage brawlers is a lot tougher than the other. Eventhough it would be fun to read "Balls Mahoney ripped a new A-hole for Randy Orton in a backstage brawl initiated by Randy".

Archived