Quick Question on TV Nets & PPV providers

I noticed that pics for the C Verse networks and PPV companies were not included in the trial version (at least they were not included in mine) of 08. Are these going to be included in the full version or is it something that is going to be left up to us to create on our own? I looked for answer on the forums but couldnt find anything and don't exactly have alot of time to spend, so I appologize in advance if this has already been covered. Also a side question. If someone were thinking about creating some TV nets on their own, what would be some real life examples of a cult network? Thats just something I have never really fully understood. I obviously understand what mainstream and sports specific would be, but what would fall under cult? Is that just more like a smaller network that caters to a specific type of genre like Science Fiction or would it be more like the less regulated public access stations that you often see on the East Coast and in larger cities?

I'm fairly sure the Cornellverse TV networks don't have logos yet. It's possible they'll crop up in one of the updates to the database though, and like you say, people are bound to create their own. Cult networks, imo, would be anything that targets a specific demographic outside of the mainstream, or fills it's lineup exclusively with shows of a particular type outside of the mainstream (so.. The Sci-Fi Channel or Rapture, but not movie channels or food channels). Not merely a 'small network'. Channels like Dave (or whatever it's called now) or Bravo would be Cult too (I don't think America has Dave. Basically it shows programmes like Top Gear, Red Dwarf, Whose Line? etc, aimed mainly at 18-32 year old males. Bravo was similar, but had more variety (it showed oldies like Dukes of Hazzard, WCW Nitro, and later TNA, and had several stand-up comedy shows. Actually, I think Bravo turned into Dave, didn't it? Can't remember). Channels dedicated to gaming would be another example, as there are a few of those (X-League or whatever, and that old channel that was pretty much dedicated to the Legend of Mir MMORPG in it's early stages. I adored it and it's shoddy Italian production values :D). There probably aren't that many to be honest, since by it's very nature, 'cult' networks don't tend to be huge ratigns-grabbers, and thus tend to die quickly due to lack of funds. There was a brilliant computing related channel in the UK a few years ago called [D0t].TV, but it died, due to nobody other than me ever watching it ¬_¬

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;433345] Channels like Dave (or whatever it's called now) or Bravo would be Cult too (I don't think America has Dave. Basically it shows programmes like Top Gear, Red Dwarf, Whose Line? etc, aimed mainly at 18-32 year old males. Bravo was similar, but had more variety (it showed oldies like Dukes of Hazzard, WCW Nitro, and later TNA, and had several stand-up comedy shows. Actually, I think Bravo turned into Dave, didn't it? Can't remember). [/QUOTE] In America this would probably be SpikeTV or G4TV.

Archived