Surgery Risk in Editor

So I'm adding a lot of injuries to the current injury list and see that it takes into account the whole "Surgery Risk" thing that Adam was talking about. All in all, I was wondering how I would use this? Like lets say I am creating a "Knee Ligament Tear"... Surgery could ultimately help the person a lot, however, I don't know what level to put onto it? Since it would be invasive in some sense... Would it put it at a high risk level? I was just wondering if someone knew how to go about using this part of the database and what the levels would mean. Cheers.

Personally I'd go with the guidline that the higher the reward, the higher the risk. This generally works from a realism point of view as well as a game play one. A Knee Ligament Tear would be pretty easy to repair surgically (not saying I could do it, but from the surgeon's point of view.. :p). It is, after all, the surgical equivalent of tying two bits of pre-drilled wood together with a piece of string (admittedly, using chopsticks). Whereas anything to do with the back, neck, brain or heart would be a much higher risk. But on the plus side, the reward for a successful surgery is significant (whereas, with knee ligament tears, it's not. You're still not going to be able to walk for ages, just slightly fewer ages than otherwise).

[QUOTE]Personally I'd go with the guidline that the higher the reward, the higher the risk. This generally works from a realism point of view as well as a game play one. A Knee Ligament Tear would be pretty easy to repair surgically (not saying I could do it, but from the surgeon's point of view.. ). It is, after all, the surgical equivalent of tying two bits of pre-drilled wood together with a piece of string (admittedly, using chopsticks). Whereas anything to do with the back, neck, brain or heart would be a much higher risk. But on the plus side, the reward for a successful surgery is significant (whereas, with knee ligament tears, it's not. You're still not going to be able to walk for ages, just slightly fewer ages than otherwise).[/QUOTE] Thanks man! I appreciate it! I think I understand it now! Cheers.

Archived