Match Rules and Injuries

For a few years in game I had allowed everything. I recently had a few of my stars have to retire due to injuries. This question might seem a bit odd, but do fighters end up injured more when the rules allow more even if the more brutal moves (stomps, spikes on the head, etc.) aren't seen in the writeup?

I never thought about that. I do almost allow everything, the only things illegal are head spiking and kicking and stomping an opponent with their stomach to the mat. The only thing I know is that fighters seem to regenerate their physical health over time, and if you don't fight them every month or two then they will be able to produce more fights in the long run. For example, if you have one fighter and fight him every month, he may get 20 fights in two years and be forced into retirement. Take the same fighter, give him 2-3 months in between fights and he'll be able to fight for 30 or 40+ fights over 10+ years. I used to fight my guys like crazy too, but now I usually give them good long break between fights.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived