MAW: 10 Simple Rules...

Smith & Singh vs. [B]The Canadian Blondes[/B] Spectrum Infinity vs. [B]The Second Sons[/B] Jaime Quine vs. [B]Rudy Velasquez[/B] Thea Davis vs. [B]Sean Deeley[/B] [B]Team Honor [/B]vs. Ford & Speed War Games: [B]Kirk Jameson, Bradford Peverell, Donnie J and JD Morgan [/B]vs. Aaron Andrews, Firebird, Plague and Providence

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Part three could've been three parts by itsself! :p The whole Vegas thing was a good read though. I really thought Rip was going to beat Eisen so you could get a working agreement, but in a way I'm glad it didn't happen that way. This diary just wouldn't be the same without the threat of anybody leaving at any time. [B]MAW All The Leaves Are Brown[/B] Smith & Singh vs. [B]The Canadian Blondes[/B] (the celebrate D-Lyrium's return) Spectrum Infinity vs. [B]The Second Sons[/B] Jaime Quine vs. [B]Rudy Velasquez[/B] Thea Davis vs. [B]Sean Deeley[/B] [B]Team Honor[/B] vs. Ford & Speed War Games: [B]Kirk Jameson, Bradford Peverell, Donnie J and JD Morgan[/B] vs. Aaron Andrews, Firebird, Plague and Providence

Yeah... it occured to me that I'd never actually approached SWF for a working agreement (or any agreement). In part it was just sticking with Rip's character. It also arose from my '07 game with MAW, where SWF settled at Cult and their roster was ripe for cherrypicking, but I'd signed a non-aggression deal with them at the start, and I knew that breaking that deal would almost certainly result in war - which they were better placed to win, sadly. As has been noted, losing workers to other companies is part of the game. In fact, where I am right now, NOTBPW have just approached one of my guys and, suffice to say, it would make for an interesting outcome if he decides to sign. I have to credit the Stones, though - their timing actually works out quite well for me. Not perfectly, but not too shabbily, either.

Absolutely love the intermixing of your real life and the Cornelverse! Simply a great read. Also, congrats on becoming a father. Have fun and file everything that happens in the back of your mind. 15 to 20 years down the road, those memories will be absolutely priceless. Plus they're great for embarrassing stories, which is every parents' right... :D R

[I]OOC: Fair warning, War Games is a long match. Might want to take a break before then, grab yourself a drink, have a nap... We're not quite in NoNeck territory here, but it's pretty brutal as well :p[/I] [B][CENTER]Mid Atlantic Wrestling presents: All The Leaves Are Brown Friday, 5th October 2012[/CENTER] Smith & Singh vs. The Canadian Blondes[/B] This was a decent tag team match, with the experienced Blondes and their talented foes going back and forth in an open, evenly contested battle. Given that the show inevitably had the feel of a one-match-affair, we'd decided to be open about that and give the undercard more of a chance to impress. No-one especially stood out in–ring, although the Blondes' manager Kristen Pearce was value for money outside it. Shame we don't have more for managers to do, really – but the Sienna storyline and Haley's empire building are pretty much all I've got for them. Back inside the ring, Kashmir Singh got his team a win over Flash Savage via tap-out from his Bombay Duck submission hold. Winners: Smith & Singh (D) * Providence was backstage, his facepaint looking somewhat more martial than normal. He was stretching in preparation for the match ahead, and muttering a continual litany of offbeat phrases: [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]“Gonna get yer... gonna hurt yer... gonna bleed yer... Found my target... Plan and pain, so close... Bite and tear... Heal and hurt again...”[/COLOR] The camera panned back to reveal Donnie J watching the painted man with a look of disgust on his face. [COLOR="Blue"]“You make me sick, Providence,”[/COLOR] he growled. [COLOR="Blue"]“How can you take pleasure in hurting people?”[/COLOR] Providence turned slowly, a crooked grin on his face. [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]“I love to get a reaction,”[/COLOR] he said. [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]“Big match tonight. In the cage. Lots of hurting for everyone. Should be fun.”[/COLOR] Donnie’s expression contorted still further. [COLOR="Blue"]“How are you allowed out in public? You’re like a rabid dog, for God’s sake.”[/COLOR] Providence’s smile widened. [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]“Don’t like me? Don’t blame you. Don’t like you either. I was so glad when providence pointed to you and said I had to take away your shiny.”[/COLOR] As he spoke, Providence’s gaze dropped to the All Action belt around Donnie’s waist. [COLOR="Blue"]“My sh- You mean my belt? You want a match for my belt?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]“Take the shiny... Love to be in the matches...”[/COLOR] Providence responded, his gaze fixed firmly on the belt. [COLOR="Blue"]“You want this belt, you can have your match,”[/COLOR] Donnie said. [COLOR="Blue"]“But I’m not giving you a hardcore match or anything. You can face me in a normal match.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]“No difference, no harm, no foul...”[/COLOR] Providence said, a grin flashing lightning-quick across his face. [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]“It’s all the same to me...” [/COLOR] * [B]Spectrum Infinity vs. The Second Sons[/B] One thing that's fun about Spectrum Infinity is how well Blue Shift interacts with their manager, Dawn. It's little things like the way he checks with her occasionally for approval, advice and so on that makes having managers around worthwhile. The inexperience of the masked duo told a little in the early going of this match, as the older duo of Antonio and Casey Valentine bossed their opponents around. But a slip by Valentine gave Scarlet Strike the opportunity to bring Shift into the game, and the wildfire aerialist quickly took control of the match, throwing himself around with wild abandon as he took the fight to the MAW Originals, before putting Antonio down with a Full Spectrum Analysis. Winners: Spectrum Infinity (D) * Greg Ford and Marc Speed were backstage. They stated that they would take the belts from Team Honor, to prove beyond any shadow of a doubt that the best team in the company was themselves. * [B]Team Honor (c) vs. Ford & Speed[/B] for the [COLOR="Purple"]MAW Tag Team titles[/COLOR] This was tag team wrestling 101 as we like to keep things fairly simple in the division. Jared Johnson was face-in-danger in this match, with the pairing of Greg Ford and Marc Speed showing their well-oiled teamwork as they dominated him in their corner. Johnson had some sporadic hope shots as he teased making the tag to Lassana Makutsi, but the heel duo cut him off time and again – until Johnson was able to stun his opponents with a double clothesline that allowed him to leap, salmon-like, from the centre of the ring to his corner and tag in a fire-up Makutsi who blitzed the heels with his unique mixture of power moves and soaring aerial offence. From there, the match was much more even with all four men showing signs of skill, although Johnson was also still selling the beating that he'd taken. The end came when Speed was left alone in the ring with both his opponents after interference from Ford backfired and he was caught by the referee. The champs didn't hesitate, hoisting Speed up and drilling him with the Code Of Honor to score the win and retain their titles. Winners: Team Honor (C-) * [B]Jaime Quine vs. Rudy Velasquez[/B] Just an awful match. The lone wolf and the tomboy had nothing in common, and that nothing lasted ten minutes before Velasquez ended the misery with a Street Cutter. Winner: Rudy Velasquez (D-) * [B]Thea Davis vs. Sean Deeley[/B] This was better – and with a better preceding match might have scored even higher, but the fans were cool on another mixed match, although at least they've accepted the concept. I think it adds something to the shows as the girls work well together as a team, and can make it believable that they could win. It was interesting to see the interactions between the two sets of opponents, as Deeley appeared to take particular delight in dominating Davis, and seemed shocked when she mounted bursts of offence. Velasquez, on the other hand, was a little reluctant to tie up with Quine but had no problems underestimating her and took no particular pleasure in beating her. Anyway, neither Quine nor Davis are quite ready to beat male opponents of this calibre yet, and Davis made The XX Factor zero and two when Deeley caught her in a Seated Stretch Armbar to force the submission win. Winner: Sean Deeley (D+) * JD Morgan was warming up backstage. Sean Deeley and Haley Buck came into his locker room without knocking. [COLOR="SlateGray"]“Tick tock, old man,”[/COLOR] Deeley said, with a broad grin. [COLOR="SlateGray"]“Get ready to hand over that title... to the referee. When I’m done with you, you won’t be able to use any of your limbs to do anything.”[/COLOR] Morgan heaved a sigh. [COLOR="Blue"]“I’ve heard it all before, junior. I’m still here. Now, we’ve talked to Rip and he’s signed the match for next week. You’ve had your match for tonight, and it looked pretty testing to me. On the other hand, I’ve not had my match yet, and I’m in need of a warm up. So either p--- off out of here, or stay where you are and let me get my blood pumping by beating seven shades of ---- out of you.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Magenta"]“You’re going to regret that,”[/COLOR] Haley said. [COLOR="Magenta"]“Next Friday, Sean’s going to make you beg for forgiveness... And neither he, nor I, are the forgiving kind.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“That’s okay, love. I’ve never forgiven myself or getting involved with you anyway...”[/COLOR] Buck let out a shocked hiss, and went for Morgan with her nails, but Deeley grabbed her around the waist and held her back. [COLOR="SlateGray"]“Leave him for me,”[/COLOR] he said. [COLOR="SlateGray"]“Next Friday, old man. Enjoy your last week being able to do... anything.”[/COLOR] * Backstage, and Jenny approached The Second Sons. [COLOR="Magenta"]“Casey, Antonio, that’s another match that you’ve lost. Do you have any plans ahead of your match with The XX Factor next week?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Sienna"]“Plans? Do we have any plans?”[/COLOR] Casey demanded, as Antonio rubbed at the back of his head.[COLOR="Sienna"] “Jenny, I know some people are referring to this match as the contest to find the biggest losers in MAW, but let me ask you something: Who lost two matches tonight, us or the women?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Magenta"]“They did.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Sienna"]“And who here comprise two-thirds of the last ever Trios champions in MAW?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Magenta"]“You do.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Sienna"]“Who was a former member of The Firm, the greatest stable this company has ever seen?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Magenta"]“You?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Sienna"]“And who was the 2008 Rip Chord Invitational champion?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Magenta"]“Antonio.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Sienna"]“And do you think that, given the respective levels of achievements between us,”[/COLOR] he pointed to himself and Antonio, [COLOR="Sienna"]“and Jaime Quine and Thea Davis, that we’re actually going to bother with plans? Jenny, be glad you’re pretty – that’s the stupidest question I’ve ever been asked.”[/COLOR] * Kirk Jameson emerged from the back, clad in jeans and a long-sleeved sweater. We noted that any additional protection from the steel cage had to be welcome, as War Games was about the most unforgiving environment in the business. He entered the ring as the cage was being prepared. [COLOR="Blue"]“I’m here for a number of reasons. Tonight’s match is the culmination, in many ways, of all the effort that myself and my allies have spent forestalling The Fallen and their attempts to infect this promotion with their nihilistic, antagonistic and immoral ways... I’ve said before that they’re entitled to their views. But then, I’m entitled to mine. “My own personal view is that The Fallen will soon be defeated. Father Johan was taken out by KC Glenn – at considerable cost to himself. Black Eagle hasn’t been seen since Sienna left him. So we’re down to four. I know that Donnie wants to take on Providence, and Bradford sees The Great Ota’s betrayal as a personal insult. I’ve taken on Firebird and defeated him... “That leaves one man. My old friend. A man I’ve fought once... and failed to defeat. He’s gone on to be a plague on this company. He’s become so obsessed with holding his title that he’s gone down dark paths that will only corrupt him further. He’s my responsibility, and I’ve avoided it too long. A year ago I had a guaranteed title shot to cash in, but now I can do nothing but issue a challenge to our Heavyweight champion, Aaron Andrews.”[/COLOR] Andrews emerged, similarly clad to Jameson, and looking furious. [COLOR="DarkRed"]“We did this a year ago-”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“And since then you’ve faced everyone on the roster. I’ve beaten everyone put in front of me, Andrews, and even when I lose it’s to someone I beat at a later date!”[/COLOR] Jameson snarled. [COLOR="Blue"]“You want to know the truth, Andrews? I want that title. I want it because I know I can beat you. I want it because it’s making you do crazy and stupid things. But I also want it because I’m better than anyone else – you, Firebird, anyone.”[/COLOR] Andrews smirked. [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Well, well, well... It’s taken a year for you to be honest with yourself. That’s almost impressive enough to be worth me giving you a shot. But come on, golden boy – or white knight, or whatever you’re calling yourself. Sell it to me.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“You want to know why you should fight me?”[/COLOR] Kirk said, not smiling. [COLOR="Blue"]“Fine. You claim to be the best, but when was the last time you looked like a champion? Rich Money’s beaten you, Donnie’s beaten you, Randy Bumfhole beat you... You don’t look much like the champion of anything right now. But another win over me, well, that would make you look great, [I]champ[/I]. That would make you legitimate, wouldn’t it? Because when you say that you’re the best, I know it eats away at you that I’m always there, always getting better, always just a step away. You know that you want this match, Aaron. You say that you’re the best? Prove it, [I]champ[/I].”[/COLOR] Andrews’ smirk faded. [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Perhaps you’re right. I have faced everyone – more than once, in many cases. And we do work well together, my friend. So why not? If you make it through tonight’s match, Kirk, then in seven days time you and I will go at it one last time, and when I beat you again then there can be no question that I am the greatest wrestler in the company. But I warn you, Kirk, that I’m offended by anyone who thinks that you’re even close to my level. So I’m going to end your career. And don’t think I’m going to go easy on you tonight, [I]old friend[/I]. We’re going to be trapped in a cage, with no rules. I’ve accepted your challenge, Kirk – but you’re not going to make it to next Friday to make good on it!”[/COLOR] * [B]War Games: Knights Templar vs. The Fallen[/B] First things first: This wasn't a bad match by any stretch of the imagination, and the way things turned out actually played into the story we were wanting to tell, but it could have been better. The... unplanned incident during the match threw things awry somewhat. For those of you who've never had the fortune of seeing a War Games match, I heartily recommend that you check one out – the early ones in particular. The match is unusual as you have two rings standing side by side, the whole enclosed with a roofed steel cell. Once a worker enters, there's no escape. The teams draw lots, with one man from each side starting off, and then each side reinforced at alternating intervals thereafter. Obviously whichever side gets the first entrant has a huge advantage until the opposing side is likewise reinforced, at which point they have the advantage with the fresher man. Once all eight men are in the ring, the match truly begins – one fall, submission only, to the finish. In this match, the starting men were the captains – Kirk Jameson for the Knights Templar, and Aaron Andrews for The Fallen. The two men circled one another for fully a minute as the fans’ anticipation built. We’d booked them carefully over the last year to avoid them coming into physical contact with each other as much as possible precisely because of this sort of anticipation. Finally, they locked up, and stood almost frozen as they tried to exert superiority over one another, unyielding as they struggled to overpower each other. At ringside, Katie looked tense as Kirk was inched backwards towards one of the turnbuckles, where Andrews launched forwards with a headbutt that caught Kirk flush on his brow, drawing a trickle of blood that Aaron tried to make worse by unloading a barrage of elbows and punches. Kirk tried to cover up in the corner, but Andrews was like a wild pitbull, tearing and clawing at his nemesis as a buzzer sounded to announce the arrival of the new competitor – The Great Ota. Andrews backed off as Ota stalked the stunned Jameson, who scrambled through the ropes and into the second ring. Andrews sat in the far corner of the first ring as Ota attacked, Jameson maintaining his guard and occasionally striking out himself with kicks and punches. The two traded blows, but again neither man was able to gain a decisive advantage. This changed as the buzzer went once more, and Bradford Peverell made his way into the cage. He looked at Andrews, but decided to help his colleague, and the two Knights Templar began to work over Ota, wearing the mystical ninja down. With Ota momentarily out of commission, Jameson turned his attention back to Andrews, only for the buzzer to go once more and Providence to storm the ring. The painted man sprang agilely to the top rope and dived off, tackling Jameson before the Knights’ leader could reach his target. The two men then brawled with each other as Andrews rejoined the match, saving Ota from Peverell and turning the momentum against the rugged brawler. Jameson was stalemated by Providence, who as usual paid scant regard to his own safety, using his own body to do as much damage to Jameson as possible, regardless of what it cost him. With Jameson propped up against the top rope, Providence launched himself into the air with an avalanche splash that flattened Jameson against the cage and elicited a shriek from Katie – but that also resulted in Providence slamming face-first into the steel bars as well. The two toppled slowly to the mat as the buzzer rang out once more, bringing Firebird into the match. The masked man entered the ring and immediately joined Ota in firing shots at Bradford Peverell, pointedly ignoring Aaron Andrews, who was being unloaded on by Donnie J. Andrews was trapped in the corner, with J standing on the second rope and raining punches down on his face. All credit to Andrews, as he allowed Donnie to fire off punches to his nose and eyebrows until blood was spilling pretty freely from his face. As with so many other wrestlers through the years, the sight of his own blood seemed to rile Andrews up, as he grabbed at Donnie and pushed forward, tearing him off the ropes and planting him on the mat with a spinebuster. He slumped forward, and the two men lay unmoving on the mat, an almost mirror image of Providence and Jameson on the far side of the double ring setup. The buzzer sounded one last time, and JD Morgan emerged from the back and made his way into the ring. As he stepped through the cage door, it was locked behind him by the referee, and the match officially entered its last stages. A pair of hard uppercuts sent Ota and Firebird staggering away from Peverell, who had effectively been picked clean as though a carcass being consumed by vultures. The young man tried to stand, but slumped back to the mat as Morgan squared up to his two foes. The masked man and the ninja tried to circle around the bruising Brit, but Morgan launched himself forward, nearly decapitating Ota with a hard lariat. Morgan spun on a sixpence to lash out with a hard boot to Firebird’s stomach. Quick as a flash, Firebird was wrapped up in a Cross Atlantic Stretch, stuck in the centre of the ring with his teammates and opponents down and in varying stages of recovery. Morgan torqued back on the hold, wrenching at the masked man and trying to force a submission from him. Firebird’s anguished cries could be heard throughout the arena as Morgan appeared to be ripping his arm from its socket, and as the cries grew weaker it was clear that the masked man was on the verge of surrendering – only for Andrews to break the hold with a desperate lunge. Morgan rose from the mat like an avenging angel as Andrews staggered wearily to his feet. The veteran fired off a trio of hard punches to Andrews’ face before whipping him into the ropes. He bent low for a back bodydrop, but Andrews countered with a boot to the face. He went for an Irish whip of his own, but Morgan countered by grabbing the ropes. Andrews followed him in with a wild lariat and both men went tumbling over the ropes and into the small space where the two rings met. And that was where the match effectively came to end. On impact, Morgan landed awkwardly. Andrews landed heavily on top of him. Even from the commentary table, it was possible to see Morgan’s face go white and his eyes snap open. Andrews realised immediately that something was wrong, and carefully rolled off his opponent, who stayed down. Looking around, he saw Providence and Peverell trading punches while Donnie J and Ota worked tiredly through a chain wrestling sequence as they stalled for time, waiting for someone to take the lead. Firebird stayed on the mat, still selling the effects of the Cross Atlantic Stretch even as its exponent lay unmoving between the rings. Andrews turned to Jameson, who was on one knee on the far side of the ring, beckoning his fellow captain to rejoin their personal war. Andrews’ face took on a vicious expression as he approached the rising Jameson, swing a wild left hook that Jameson blocked before firing off an uppercut of his own that doubled the champion over. Andrews would not be stopped however, and drove his shoulder into Jameson’s stomach, pushing his opposite number backwards into the ropes and the steel bars. Jameson staggered off the ropes, instinctively clutching at his back as Andrews dived forward with a hard lariat, taking Jameson down. Andrews clawed at his opponent, ripping at his face and slamming the back of his head into the mat, leaving a red smear on the canvas, attesting to the damage Jameson’s head had taken in its collision with the bars. The other contestants had moved to the second ring, leaving the two captains alone in their fight. Jameson was struggling manfully to fight back, but Andrews was running on adrenaline and rage as he pummelled his nemesis, eventually resorting to driving his knee repeatedly into Jameson’s face, splitting open his forehead in a move that meant that Jameson was now bleeding from both the front and the back of his skull. It was surely enough, as Jameson crumpled to the mat, his face a crimson mask worse even than Andrews’ own. But Andrews wasn’t done and he slowly unbuckled his belt from around his waist. He looped the ends around his fists and slowly, methodically, began to circle Jameson as the Knight Templar tried to push himself upright. He managed to rise, agonisingly, onto all fours, but Andrews was quick to loop the belt around his throat and pull backwards. Jameson’s hands flew to his neck as Andrews planted his boot between his shoulders, pulling back on the improvised noose as he used the leverage to choke Jameson. The blood-soaked fan favourite clawed desperately at the taut leather strap, the air unable to pass through his throat as the strap tightened. As Andrews wrenched back, Jameson’s movements grew weaker and less focused. As the five remaining men brawled in the other ring, and Donnie and Bradford struggled manfully despite being outnumbered, all attention was focused on Jameson and Andrews. Jameson’s hands dropped, and his head lolled, blood dripping from his wounds onto his legs and the mat. On the outside, the referee’s signalled for the bell and trainers scrambled into the cage to tend to the wounded, JD Morgan their first priority. Andrews, though, would not release his grip on the belt and it took the combined might of the last two Knights Templar and several members of staff to pry him from Jameson. Andrews continued to spit defiance and snarl curses at Jameson as he was loaded onto a stretcher and carried up the aisle, the fans maintaining a respectful silence as he followed JD Morgan to the arena’s medical centre. One by one, the men left in the ring departed. Firebird was nursing a wounded shoulder. Providence was unsteady on his feet due to his collision with the cage. Peverell, Ota and Donnie J were in better condition, but Donnie was still helping his colleague from the ring, and even the usually dispassionate Ota looked winded and pained as he walked up the ramp. Andrews was left alone in the ring, his own blood across his face and chest, his title held out in one hand, the leather strap held out in the other as he celebrated his triumph before the crowd. Winners: The Fallen (C) [B]Overall: C-[/B] [I](War Games isn't really ideal for MAW – but I like it, and it helps set up the big show at the end of the month.) OOC: The battle of Morgan's knee...[/I]

[I]OOC: Hey, you're the one cutting back on the brutal feud-ending matches... :p[/I] * We’d gathered at the local hospital. The doctors had whisked JD off for exploratory surgery on his injured knee. I’d been sickened at the sight of my countryman’s leg, which had been twisted unnaturally as he was carried out of the ring, ashen faced and sweating, but never giving any verbal sign of the pain that he was in. I’m ashamed to admit that my first thoughts had been of the business – of the need to find a new Traditional champion, and to find a new opponent for Sean Deeley at the big show. Slowly, though, as Rip and I rode with him in the ambulance to the hospital, and I listened as Rip promised that his contract would be extended without question, and that if he wanted to return to the ring once his knee healed, then we’d have a place for him... Well, the reality of the situation sunk in. JD’s a few years older than me. He’d been around the business for almost three decades, never making the kind of money you could retire on, but never having the chance to find any other kind of work. He’d told me one day that the $6,500 or so he made each month with us was the most he’d made in any job in his whole career. I’d got lucky when I was injured. Even when I limped away from my job with the SWF, I’d struck it rich with my online investment. For JD, hitting the last years of his career, the chance to make a few extra dollars to get by on while he sought a new line of work... had just vanished. My knee ached in sympathy as he was wheeled into the operating theatre. In a way, I’d been lucky in that I’d healed relatively quickly. The worst of the pain was gone in a few weeks, and while I could never move like I used to, I was mobile not long after. The doctors had diagnosed a shattered kneecap. It would take months to heal. JD would be lucky to be out of a wheelchair by Easter. He’d be lucky if he ever stepped into a wrestling ring again, and certainly it wouldn’t happen before Christmas – 2013. We waited. A silent vigil that somehow grew more silent as more and more of JD’s colleagues filed in. Firebird and Ota took up positions either side of the theatre door. I knew that the two veterans were particularly close to JD backstage. Providence perched on a window ledge. The three of them looked odd, and it took me a moment to realise how rarely I saw them without their masks or facepaint. Many of the more recognisable members of our roster were there as well – those who hadn’t had to move on to another date with one of their other employers, and even some of those who did. Aaron and Kirk had been treated and released, and immediately made their way to our waiting room. Aaron was sporting a large number of stitches to his eyebrow and scalp. Kirk’s forehead had been patched and bandaged. The doctors had been more alarmed at first about the blood in his hair – but Rip had been on hand to explain that it was the result of a strategically placed baggie that Providence had hidden in Kirk’s long hair before the flying splash. Even in War Games, the thought of cracking open the back of someone’s head had seemed a bit extreme. Brandon Smith was sat nearby, staring grimly at his own knee, which had been ruined in a football match, an injury that had forced him to give up a career in his first love. He looked up, and we shared a look of mutual understanding. Sean Deeley was there too, and he looked uncomfortable. Sometimes wrestlers have as much difficulty with separating fact from fiction as the fans, and Sean was one of those old-school wrestlers who tried to avoid being friendly with his opponents, the better to portray negative feelings to him. With JD injured, I figured that the Traditional belt would find its way to Sean, but no matter how he worked up the emotions for his matches, there was no way he’d have wanted to win the belt that way. We waited in silence, the only interruption the occasional squeak of a chair across the floor, or a creak from a chair as one of the larger-than-life characters I shared the room with shifted positions. After many hours, the theatre door swung open, nearly clobbering Ota. We all rose to our feet, some quicker than others, to greet a surgeon with a face like thunder. [COLOR="YellowGreen"]“The diagnosis was correct,”[/COLOR] he said, screwing up his gloves and mask and pitching them without looking into a bin behind him. [COLOR="YellowGreen"]“Mr. Morgan has suffered a shattered kneecap. We had a look at it to see if we could do anything to accelerate his recovery, but I’m afraid that it’s such a bad injury that there’s nothing we can do.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Purple"]“How is he?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="YellowGreen"]“He’ll be unconscious for a few more hours. Obviously, he’s in excellent physical condition for a man of his age, and that will aid his recovery, but it’s inevitable that an injury of this nature will take its toll. I understand that he’s nearly fifty?”[/COLOR] Rip nodded. [COLOR="YellowGreen"]“A man that age, even allowing for how good a condition he’s in, should not be competing in the sorts of events he did today,”[/COLOR] the doctor said. [COLOR="YellowGreen"]“The injury risk is too great, and even if his injury was a result of a fall that could have taken place in any match, well, that just shows that he shouldn’t be wrestling at all.”[/COLOR] I could tell that Rip was getting angry with the doctor, who was overstepping his bounds somewhat by being so forthright in his opinion giving. However, Rip took the aggression better than I would have done. [COLOR="Purple"]“Thank you, Doctor,”[/COLOR] he said. [COLOR="Purple"]“Normally, I would agree with you. However, Mr. Morgan is one of the few men of his age that I would trust to perform to the standard that he does. And while I could avoid putting him in high risk matches, he was not instructed to carry out any sort of risky manoeuvre beyond that which resulted in his injury, and that was a freak occurrence that wouldn’t happen if we were to repeat the move a hundred or even a thousand times. So thank you for your advice, but I don’t tell you how to carry out surgery, and you don’t tell me how to run my company.”[/COLOR] The doctor glowered briefly at Rip, before walking away. [COLOR="Purple"]“That said, kid,”[/COLOR] Rip went on, turning to me. [COLOR="Purple"]“Let’s steer clear of the high-risk stuff for a while, okay?”[/COLOR] I nodded. We’d booked two War Games matches in five years, and my plans for the coming year didn’t involve any stables, so I didn’t expect any further problems to arise from matches like that. We fell silent again as JD was wheeled out of the theatre. Kirk stepped forward, a canvas bag in his hands, and stopped the gurney for a moment. Reaching into the bag, he pulled out JD’s Traditional title belt and laid it beside his unconscious colleague. He glanced, almost guiltily, at me and Rip, but we nodded in unison. No question: JD was the champ. * John Greed, the former Father Johan, was interviewed on local radio recently. He commented that he loves debuting in a new promotion. There are a lot of jokes to be made there, but all I shall say is that his debut for us was underwhelming. * Enygma, Marc DuBois and Steve Frehley have all knocked back SWF over new contracts. DuBois has already signed a PPA deal with CGC, and looks set to leave SWF unless they can somehow get him to sign a PPA deal with them. Enygma has signed on with USPW. Frehley doesn't have any confirmed plans at this time, but the Dark Destroyer must surely be a target for TCW – he's in the top three most over wrestlers in the US, along with Sean McFly and Jeremy Stone, although Sam Strong still has the edge on all three of them. Interestingly, SWF's prestige has fallen once again in light of their drop in status, and our single shared worker (Lord Geoffrey Windameer/Aristocrat) has indicated that he would choose us over them in the event of a fixture clash. I have to admire Richard – winning that card game means that he’s safe from any of his other undercard workers being pillaged by us. * [CENTER][B]MAW South East Triumph[/B] Zimmy Bumfhole and Flying Jimmy Foxx vs. Eddie Powell and Lord Geoffrey Windameer Bradford Peverell vs. Providence Amazing Fire Fly and El Heroe Mexicano vs. Damian Carvill and Sgt. Bubba Lee West The XX Factor vs. The Second Sons Kirk Jameson and "Dogfight" Donnie J vs. Aaron Andrews and The Great Ota Plus: The contract signing for Jameson/Andrews II...[/CENTER]

[B]Zimmy Bumfhole and Flying Jimmy Foxx[/B] vs. Eddie Powell and Lord Geoffrey Windameer [I]Can't see Bumfhole being on the losing end to Edd & Geoff.[/I] Bradford Peverell vs. [B]Providence[/B] [I]The Fallen are the ascendency right now after winning war games[/I] Amazing Fire Fly and El Heroe Mexicano vs. [B]Damian Carvill and Sgt. Bubba Lee West[/B] [I]Carvill & West are debutants and I don't see them losing on their debut to a couple of lower carders[/I] [B]The XX Factor[/B] vs. The Second Sons [I]The Second Sons are truly hopeless at the moment and I can see the girls pulling off the upset victory with a flash pin. [/I] Kirk Jameson and "Dogfight" Donnie J vs. [B]Aaron Andrews and The Great Ota[/B] [I]I just get the feeling you are going for the dominant heels angle, and that whoever takes the belt off Andrews will have overcome great odds to have done so.[/I]

[QUOTE=James Casey;572133]Enygma, Marc DuBois and Steve Frehley have all knocked back SWF over new contracts. DuBois has already signed a PPA deal with CGC, and looks set to leave SWF unless they can somehow get him to sign a PPA deal with them.[/QUOTE] Marc DuBois in MAW? [B]MAW South East Triumph[/B] [B]Zimmy Bumfhole and Flying Jimmy Foxx[/B] vs. Eddie Powell and Lord Geoffrey Windameer Bradford Peverell vs. [B]Providence[/B] Amazing Fire Fly and El Heroe Mexicano vs. [B]Damian Carvill and Sgt. Bubba Lee West[/B] The XX Factor vs. [B]The Second Sons[/B] Kirk Jameson and "Dogfight" Donnie J vs. [B]Aaron Andrews and The Great Ota[/B]

[QUOTE=UFC-KING;572478]Just out of curiosity Casey What are the promotion rankings ?[/QUOTE] Off the top of my head, I know it's TCW/SWF/NOTBPW in the top three for popularity. TCW and the Stones are Global, SWF Cult. We're around twentieth for popularity, I think, and late-teens for Influence. I believe it's TCW, NOTBPW and BHOTWG top of the influence list. I'll try and do a full listing later. Anyone know how to split a single post into columns? [center]
[B]Importance - 2012 Promotion Rankings - Influence[/B]
1. TCW - Global 2. SWF - Cult 3. NOTBPW - Global 4. WLW - National 5. BHOTWG - National 6. PGHW - National 7. GCG - Cult 8. 5SSW - Cult 9. INSPIRE - Cult 10. USPW - Cult 11. EX2010 - Cult 12. CGC - Cult 13. SOTBPW - Cult 14. OLLIE - Cult 15. MHW - Cult 16. MPWF - Cult 17. CZCW - Regional 18. Hinote Dojo - Regional 19. AAA - Regional 20. NYCW - Regional 21. SAISHO - Regional 22. PSW - Regional 23. 21CW - Regional [B]24. MAW - Regional[/B] 25. WAM - Regional 26. ROF - Regional 27. FCW - Regional 28. MOSC - Regional 29. UEW - Regional 30. EWA - Regional 31. BSC - Regional 32. RIPW - Regional 33. CWWF - Small 1. NOTBPW - Global 2. TCW - Global 3. WLW - National 4. BHOTWG - National 5. PGHW - National 6. 5SSW - Cult 7. INSPIRE - Cult 8. OLLIE - Cult 9. GGC - Cult 10. MHW - Cult 11. GCG - Cult 12. MPWF - Cult 13. USPW - Cult 14. SOTBPW - Cult 15. EX2010 - Cult 16. WAM - Regional 17. FCW - Regional 18. NYCW - Regional 19. RIPW - Regional [B]20. MAW - Regional[/B] 21. PSW - Regional 22. Hinote Dojo - Regional 23. SAISHO - Regional 24. EWA - Regional 25. SWF - Cult 26. UEW - Regional 27. ROF - Regional 28. CZCW - Regional 29. MOSC - Regional 30. BSC - Regional 31. CWWF - Small 32. AAA - Regional 33. 21CW - Regional
[/center]

[B][CENTER]Mid Atlantic Wrestling presents: South East Triumph Monday, 8th October 2012 [/CENTER][/B] Rip entered the ring, looking pleased with himself: [COLOR="Purple"]“I’ve been in high level talks with the owners of almost every other wrestling company in this country – and others,”[/COLOR] he began. [COLOR="Purple"]“As you’re all no doubt aware, each January we host the Rip Chord Invitational tournament, featuring the hottest rising talent in this company. I’ve decided that to add a little something extra to Where It All Begins Again, our flagship event, we will be featuring the best talent of other companies to show what else is out there for wrestling fans to seek out. “This year’s event will feature a ten-man battle royale. Now, we’ve reserved three spots in that match for three great talents of our own: Eddie Powell, Lord Geoffrey Windameer and Rudy Velasquez!”[/COLOR] [CENTER][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/TeddyPowell_alt3.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/Aristocrat.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/RudyVelasquez_alt.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] The three men joined Rip in the middle of the ring, looking one another up and down, clearly sizing up their competition. Rip moved on to announce the other entrants, who came down the ramp in turn and joined the others. [COLOR="Purple"]“The other seven spots will go to some of the best wrestlers that Canada, America and Mexico have to offer. “Representing California’s CZCW will be Flying Jimmy Foxx! [CENTER][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/FlyingJimmyFoxx.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] “Representing Puerto Rico’s FCW will be Damian Carvill! [CENTER][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/TheNatural.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] “Representing MPWF will be El Heroe Mexicano! [CENTER][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/ElHeroeMexicano.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] “Representing the SWF, and making his return to this company will be “Dark Star” Erik Strong! [CENTER][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/ErikStrong_alt2.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] “Representing NYCW will be the Forces veteran Sgt. Bubba Lee West! [CENTER][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/SgtBubbaLeeWest.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] “Representing CGC will be Nate Johnson! [CENTER][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/NateJohnson.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] “And finally representing USPW and also making his return to the company... Zimmy Bumfhole! [CENTER][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/ZimmyBumfhole.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] “In just a few days time, these ten men will compete for the right to be called King of the Indies, and earn their company the bragging rights over the rest of us for the next twelve months.”[/COLOR] He turned to Powell, Windameer and Velasquez. [COLOR="Purple"] “Gentlemen... I’m not losing to Sam Strong, do you understand me? There’s nothing like a bad winner, and that’s what that man is.”[/COLOR] * [B]Zimmy Bumfhole and Flying Jimmy Foxx vs. Eddie Powell and Lord Geoffrey Windameer[/B] A reasonable start to the show, this match was all about the individual members showing off their abilities ahead of facing off against each other in the battle royale a few days hence – or, at least, that's how we explained away Bumfhole and Foxx's inability to work as a team. The four men chucked each other around to get the crowd pumped up before Windameer caught Foxx with a High Society for the win. Winners: Powell and Windameer (D+) * The XX Factor had already entered the ring when The Second Sons tired to surprise them by coming through the crowd and into the ring from behind – only to get caught by their alert opponents, who looked set to take the fight to Rip’s protégés. [COLOR="Sienna"]“Hold it, hold it,”[/COLOR] Casey said, before the two women could attack. [COLOR="Sienna"]“Just a test, that’s all. We wanted to make sure you were worthy of being in the ring with us.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“Are you sure it’s not the other way around?”[/COLOR] Thea demanded. Jaime nodded. [COLOR="Blue"]“Maybe you should turn around and we can try and jump you from behind.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Sienna"]“Take it easy,”[/COLOR] Antonio said. [COLOR="Sienna"]“We’re just checking. A lot of people don’t think that women deserve to be wrestling men. I mean, just look at your record since joining – it’s not very impressive, is it?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“So, we’re not performing because we’re women?”[/COLOR] Jaime asked. Casey nodded. She smirked. [COLOR="Blue"]“Then what’s your excuse?”[/COLOR] The crowd laughed, and the Sons looked livid. Talking done, they downed mics and jumped their opponents, forcing the referee to ring the bell and get the match started. * [B]The XX Factor vs. The Second Sons[/B] The tag division still has a way to go, that much is clear. I wonder sometimes whether workers will improve that much while fighting other, equally middling workers, but we get the odd indication that it can happen, as in this match where Casey showed off some technical skills to hang with the XXs, before he caught Jaime flush with a Sweet Sweet Heartbreak for the unpopular win. Winners: The Second Sons (D-) * [B]Bradford Peverell vs. Providence[/B] Just to keep things ticking over, these two squared off as the Knights Templar/Fallen feud begins to wind down. It was a bit of a nothing match, as we made the mistake of sending the match to a time limit draw despite them having no chemistry (which we knew...). The bruising tussle kept the fans mildly interested, at least... Winners: No-one (D) * [B]Amazing Fire Fly and El Heroe Mexicano vs. Damian Carvill and Sgt. Bubba Lee West[/B] AFF picked up a jaw injury a few days back that's bothering him a little, but he didn't have much to do in this match anyway. His partner was the star of the show, bouncing around the ring like a powerball on steroids as he ricocheted off the odd couple of West and Carvill, who spent as much time arguing with each other as paying attention to what was going on in-ring. In the end, Heroe pinned West after a Diving Headbutt for the win. Winners: Fly and Mexicano (D) * Sean Deeley and Haley Buck emerged from the back, looking very pleased with themselves. [COLOR="SlateGray"]“I’m sure you all saw War Games last week,”[/COLOR] Deeley said, with a wide smile. [COLOR="SlateGray"]“It’s a terrible, terrible thing that JD Morgan is injured. Truly. With his knee in about a million pieces, it’s doubtful if he’ll ever walk again. I’m... just appalled. “Appalled that I didn’t cause it!”[/COLOR] The fans erupted into boos and jeers. Before Deeley could continue, Nate Johnson emerged from backstage, looking furious. [COLOR="Blue"]“Just shut the hell up, Deeley,”[/COLOR] he snarled. [COLOR="Blue"]“Where the hell do you get off, eh? You’re taking pleasure in the misery of others – and that’s just sickening. JD Morgan’s got a lot of friends in this business-“[/COLOR] [COLOR="SlateGray"]“Uh-huh, uh-huh, fascinating,”[/COLOR] Deeley drawled. [COLOR="SlateGray"]“Anyway, I have a request for Mr. Chord. As I’m sure you’re aware, Mid Atlantic Wrestling’s rules and regulations require titles to be defended within a certain period of time. If the title cannot be defended in that time – and the Traditional title cannot – then it must be vacated. And the most sensible person to then be given the title is myself, the number one contender.”[/COLOR] Rip raised an eyebrow. [COLOR="Purple"]“You made a hell of a leap in logic there, kid,” he said. “We don’t just ‘give’ titles around here. Bad enough when we’ve had to allow tag champions to switch around. No chance of me just ‘giving’ you a title. You’ll have to earn it. “Against him.”[/COLOR] Rip pointed at Johnson, who grinned wickedly as he approached Deeley, who backed away, protesting against his lack of time to prepare – right up to the point that Johnson slapped the taste out of his mouth and the referee called for the bell. * [B]Nate Johnson vs. Sean Deeley[/B] for the [COLOR="Purple"]MAW Traditional title[/COLOR] We needed a new champion – even with JD still around, he couldn’t just hold the belt indefinitely. If he was a heel, we could have had him send in a substitute to battle for him, and I’d considered making the switch, but JD was sympathetic with his busted knee, and his mic skills just weren’t good enough to let him get over as a heel in a wheelchair. The belt had to switch, and that meant that this was as good a match as any to have it happen in, with the #1 contender The match was a strong affair, with the two technicians exchanging hold and counter-hold for ten unbroken minutes to the delight of the MAW crowd. In the end, however, the visitor was caught in a Seated Stretch Armbar with no option but to tap out – making Deeley the new Traditional champion. Winner: Sean Deeley (C) * Donnie J emerged from the back, a sombre expression on his face. [COLOR="Blue"]“I’ve been speaking to Kirk online. His throat’s still too badly hurt for him to compete tonight, so I’m afraid that he won’t be taking part in tonight’s match. In fact, he’s asked me to act as his proxy for tonight’s contract signing as well. “You all know that Kirk Jameson is tough. He’s been to hell and back in this company, and for him to miss a show, well, you know that the doctors probably had to tie him to his bed. I don’t know if he’ll even be able to make it to Friday’s show for the title match... although I know that if he can be there, he will. He’s-“[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkRed"]“He’s a waste of space, that’s the truth,”[/COLOR] Aaron Andrews declared, making his entrance with The Great Ota close behind. [COLOR="DarkRed"]“And if he’s not here tonight, you can be sure he won’t be in that ring on Friday. Don’t get the fans’ hopes up, Donnie. It’s just cruel. “Now, what does that make of your little group? KC Glenn was so badly injured that he’s had to leave the company. JD Morgan may never walk, let alone wrestle, again. Kirk Jameson had his larynx crushed. Bradford Peverell is a do-gooding joke and you’re going to be decimated by Providence. If any further proof was needed that I am the supreme and dominant force in this company then I believe it has been delivered.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“Except for one thing,”[/COLOR] Donnie said. [COLOR="Blue"]“Him.”[/COLOR] Music newly familiar to MAW fans began to play and Rich Money appeared at the top of the ramp. [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]“Thank you, Donnie. Good to be back. You see, Aaron, while you were posing with your title last week, and showing off your greatness while your team suffered, the Knights Templar were already making plans. Donnie contacted me, and asked me for my help – and I was glad to give it. That’s what real teamwork is all about, Aaron. So for the next couple of shows, I’m here to lend a hand. Mainly, I’m here to make sure that Firebird doesn’t get any ideas about forming a new cult now it’s clear that you were only ever in it for yourself. So on Friday night, I’ll be facing him, one on one. “But more than that, I was able to donate a little more money to the cause. Medical expenses, stuff like that. I was able to get the best care for JD Morgan, and while he’ll still be out of action for some time to come, when he does return he’ll be here and ready to kick your ass.”[/COLOR] The fans popped at this. [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]“But one other thing, Aaron. You see, I didn’t come here alone tonight. I came straight from the finest medical facility in the country, and I brought with me someone you weren’t expecting to see tonight... or Friday. Your challenger for the Heavyweight title, Kirk Jameson!”[/COLOR] Andrews pitched a fit at the sound of Jameson’s name, and the fans erupted as his challenger’s music played, but when Jameson didn’t emerge onto the ramp, Andrews calmed somewhat... only to slowly cotton on as the fans’ chanting just grew louder. Slowly, he turned around, to find himself face to face with Jameson, who was sporting a small piece of gauze on his neck, but otherwise appeared to be perfectly fit. [COLOR="Blue"]“Amazing what doctors can do nowadays,”[/COLOR] Jameson said, having taken Donnie’s mic. Despite his confident expression, his voice was noticeably raspy, and he seemed to be in some pain as he spoke. [COLOR="Blue"]“Don’t get me wrong, I’m not fit to fight you tonight... But come Friday, the doctors have given me the all-clear.”[/COLOR] Andrews scowled. [COLOR="DarkRed"]“I made you give up, Jameson. You don’t get a match on Friday.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“You didn’t make me give up, Aaron. You made me pass out. You couldn’t make me give up if I wanted to.”[/COLOR] Andrews looked as though he was about to turn apoplectic, but as though a switch had been flicked he suddenly calmed down. [COLOR="DarkRed"]“You’re so certain, [I]old friend[/I]? You honestly believe that I can never make you submit?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“I know it.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Then let’s make Friday’s match an I Quit match.”[/COLOR] For a moment, Jameson looked like a deer caught in headlights. [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Scared? Worried about how I might crush your throat again? Worried that you might leave the ring so badly injured that you’ll have to retire, like your buddy JD Morgan will? Because as much damage as I’m going to do to you, [I]old friend[/I], that’s what’s going to happen. And make no mistake, it’s going to happen on Friday anyway. So either you can grow a pair and make this match an I Quit match, or you can accept that as soon as you step into this ring I’m going to hit you with a chair, and you’ll lose you chance at the title. That’s a promise, Jameson. I’m not signing the contract for this match unless you agree to my terms.”[/COLOR] Money and Donnie tried to reason with Kirk, but he waved them into silence. [COLOR="Blue"]“So the only way I get my hands on you is in a match where I have to brutalise you to the point where you surrender?”[/COLOR] he rasped. [COLOR="Blue"]“Give me the contract.”[/COLOR] He signed quickly. Andrews’ smirk grew wider as he signed as well. [COLOR="DarkRed"]“See you on Friday, Kirk – for the last time.”[/COLOR] * [B]Rich Money and "Dogfight" Donnie J vs. Aaron Andrews and The Great Ota[/B] Money's appearance appeared to throw The Fallen duo, as they were in disarray during the early going. However, before long they managed to recover, with their superior teamwork allowing them to take the advantage and hold it for a long spell as they took turns tagging in and out quickly and smoothly, keeping Money trapped in their half of the ring as they tried to pound him into a paste smeared across the mat. The fans were not to be denied, though, as they chanted for the superstar to make the tag, and eventually he did as he took Ota down with DDT and crawled like the blazes for the corner, eventually making the tag as Aaron Andrews burst through the ropes, only to beg off as the All Action champion sprang over the ropes, fired up and fresh from his long stint on the apron. The action see-sawed back and forth for the next several minutes as the four men traded momentum back and forth. In the end, Donnie leapt at Andrews with a flying leg lariat that took the Heavyweight champion over the top rope, while Money caught Ota with a Dollars From Heaven for the win. Winners: Money and J (B-) [B]Overall: C+[/B] [I]Next: RCI preview, with Rip Chord... And as a heads up, I've got a busy few days ahead, so the show itself may not be up until after the weekend[/I]

Hi buddy, just thought I'd let you know that I've always kept an eye on this but finally caught up today. I've really enjoyed this bad boy. The out of ring segments are great (especially JD in the hospital which I've only just read, that was some quality writing right there). I'm the first to admit I'm terrible with keeping up with C-Verse diaries but I really will keep up with this because it's one of the very best on the board.

Thanks for all the comments, guys. Keef, good to have you on board :) As for Heroe... In my 2007 game, his MAW career went: 2012: 5-0-8 B average B+ high 2013: 73-0-26 B- average A high 2014: 36-0-15 (six months) B average A* high All that for a regional/cult promotion :) If I can get him, I will - but based on my experiences elsewhere it won't be for another six months or so, as even workers leaving after a loan deal won't re-sign for you for that long. Doing a quick check on him here on the boards, I may even have been the first to pimp him - at least beyond mentioning him in passing. My very own discovery :D

[I]OOC: Crazy frantic day, but it's lunch and a chance to update. Everyone else reading Scapino's [URL="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37571"]USPW diary[/URL], by the way? You should be - it's a very good read indeed.[/I] * Having Rich back so soon was a good thing, of course, but his abrupt return had been occasioned by Morgan’s injury – ideally we would have brought him back around the time of the RCI. I knew that familiarity would breed, well, familiarity, but I felt that putting him out there helped everyone get over JD’s injury. Erik, of course, is not ‘representing SWF’ in the King of the Indies match – he’s here from FCW. He just happens to work for SWF as well. As our loan deal is with FCW, the letter of the agreement is not breached. Heck, we’ll even book him strongly in the match to make sure he doesn’t look like he’s being buried or anything. * Bad news for Sammy Bach: He's been dumped by Emma Chase. I suspect that working for opposing companies may have put a considerable strain on their relationship. * It was probably wrong of me to back out of booking the King of the Indies match, but then, I just knew that I couldn’t do it. I’d spoken to Rip and explained my problems with booking a match where seven of the ten competitors could use creative control clauses in their contracts to override an outcome they didn’t like – such as one of them being eliminated first, which we fully intended to have happen. At first, Rip baulked at the idea of taking it on himself: [COLOR="purple"]“I don’t need the hassle, kid. It’s what I hired you for.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="green"]“You’re the legend, Rip. I’m the guy who was about to break out of the midcard... fifteen years ago. Before you tore my knee in half.”[/COLOR] I didn’t exactly make puppy-dog eyes at him (it doesn’t work on Katie, after all) but Rip took the hint. [COLOR="purple"]“One day you’re gonna run out of credit at that bank, kid,”[/COLOR] he said, with a sigh. * A few days later, Rip came into my office. He didn’t knock, but I didn’t mind too much if he didn’t – apart from that one time that... Ah, never mind. I’m in trouble if I tell that story. Anyway... [COLOR="purple"]“The battle royal is turning into a pain in the ass,”[/COLOR] Rip said, tossing a clipboard across the desk. I caught it and flicked through the pages clipped to it. There were half a dozen sheets covered in Rip’s familiar scrawl and innumerable crossings out. I struggled to stifle a smile as I realised what had happened. [COLOR="green"]“How many have tried to change the finish?”[/COLOR] I asked. [COLOR="purple"]“Five of them. And all of them have said that certain people have to be eliminated before they are, which is a problem. Erik might not officially be here from the Eisens, but he thinks there’ll be heat on him if he doesn’t outlast anyone associated with one of their competitors. West called me a maggot a bunch of times when I told him that he wasn’t winning – something about being a veteran or something. About the only one who’s easy to work with is Mexicano. He says that so long as he doesn’t go out first, he’s happy to bust his... ano?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="green"]“What it sounds like.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="purple"]“Right. Anyway, he’ll do whatever we want – if he doesn’t go out first.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="green"]“So, who [I]is[/I] going out first?”[/COLOR] Rip shot me a sour look. [COLOR="purple"]“If you’re not going to book it yourself, then you’ll have to wait and see,”[/COLOR] he said. I almost laughed, but decided against it. Rip needed a victory, and I’d always been willing to put him over when he needed it. [COLOR="green"]“So long as there’s no double cross,”[/COLOR] I said. Rip’s eyes widened. [COLOR="purple"]“No-one would dare. Would they?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="green"]“Hell, West’s ex-special forces. He could probably kill half the guys in that ring before the bell stop ringing,”[/COLOR] I said, hiding my grin behind my mug of tea. I waited for Rip to get the joke, but he just went pale and sank into the chair that had replaced the one I’d broken over his back, twelve months before. [COLOR="purple"]“Kid, I don’t think I’ll take on any more matches like this,”[/COLOR] he said, his voice for once sounding weak and most un-Rip-like. [COLOR="green"]“Oh, come on, Rip,”[/COLOR] I said bracingly, feeling slightly alarmed at how small he looked all of a sudden. [COLOR="green"]“I’m just pulling your leg. No-one’s going to play silly buggers. You’ve just got to get on the phone to their bosses and set things out. They’ve agreed to loan us their workers. We’re not making them lay down to Raphael or the Peacekeepers – we’re putting them in a competitive match that anyone could win.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="purple"]“Yeah, you’re right,”[/COLOR] Rip said, with a sigh. [COLOR="purple"]“I’ll get on the phone. Who should I call first?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="green"]“Start with Sam. Who’d we take off him, anyway – Zimmy, wasn’t it?”[/COLOR] Rip nodded. We’d signed a lot of workers, and it was hard keeping track of who was who – especially as some of them had been signed from one company, but were representing one of their other companies, like Erik Strong. [COLOR="green"]“Well, if you and Sam can agree on what to do with Zimmy, that’d half the war won – we can do whatever’s necessary with our guys. Slot them around the others if needs be. Buck up, Rip – I’ve got to try and find a way to convince Rich to put Firebird over. Somehow, I think you’ve got the quantity when it comes to creative disagreements, but I got the quality...”[/COLOR] Rip laughed, and the familiar twinkle was back in his eye. [COLOR="purple"]“Ah, you’re right kid,”[/COLOR] he said. [COLOR="purple"]“It’s all fun and games at the end of the day. And hell, it’s going to be a great show, isn’t it?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="green"]“One of the best,”[/COLOR] I said, with a grin. [COLOR="Green"]“I’m certain of it.”[/COLOR] * [QUOTE][CENTER][U]The MAW.com Where It All Begins Again Preview With Rip Chord[/U][/CENTER] Hello everyone, this is Rip Chord bring you the MAW.com preview for our annual super show, Where It All Begins Again! On the show this year we will be presenting a total of eight matches, Here's my take on them: [B]Tag Team Chaos: Smith & Singh vs. Spectrum Infinity vs. The Second Sons vs. Ford & Speed[/B] – This one should be a hot clash of four great teams. I've enjoyed watching from the commentary table as all four teams have developed in their time in MAW. We still don't know too much about the masked duo of Blue Shift and Scarlet Strike, but we do know that they're a well rounded team. The strengths and weaknesses of their opponents are better known. Interestingly, with the winner of the match getting a tag team title shot in the future, only one team in the match are former champions. We'll see on Friday night whether that experience helps Smith & Singh, or if the hunger of their opponents will be enough to offset their experience advantage. [B]MAW Tag Team title: Team Honor (c) vs. Always Breakin’ Hollywood[/B] – The Hollywood boys have benefited from the managerial services of Haley Buck, who has guided them in an impressive run that's convinced me to make them number one contenders to the tag team titles. Team Honor made a big splash by capitalising on their chance to take the title from the Dark Raptors, and so far have looked quite convincing in their defences. However, ABH have looked convincing full stop, and have to be viewed as the favourites in this old wrestler's opinion. [B]Sean Deeley open challenge[/B] – With his expected opponent, JD Morgan, unavailable due to injury, the new Traditional champion has issued an open challenge. Deeley must be supremely confident – this year's card is stacked with talent like no other in my memory. There's also a persistent rumour doing the rounds in the industry that some of Morgan's PSW friends are unhappy about Deeley's attitude to Morgan's injury. Might Deeley find himself in the ring with someone with as much steel in their spine as Morgan? Catch the show to find out! [B]King Of The Indies Battle Royal[/B] – I'm a big fan of battle royals as a way of proving the best man – on the night, at least. We've invited some of the best of Canada, American and Mexico's indy wrestlers to join three of our stars in a ten man battle royal to crown the King Of The Indies. MAW have entered Lord Geoffrey Windameer, Eddie Powell and Rudy Velasquez to the match. They will be joined by CZCW's Flying Jimmy Foxx, FCW's Damian Carvill, MPWF's El Heroe Mexicano, SWF's Erik Strong, NYCW's Sgt. Bubba Lee West, CGC's Nate Johnson and USPW's Zimmy Bumfhole. [B]Bradford Peverell vs. The Great Ota[/B] – Spinning out from the lengthy feud between Kirk Jameson's Knights Templar and The Fallen that has taken in much of MAW in the last several months, this contest sees the revitalised Ota taking on the self-proclaimed protector of our roster. Peverell is a bright young star, with a lot of promise, but Ota is the kind of guy who'd slap you halfway across the room if he felt like it – and chances are he'll feel like it this Friday night as his recent run of good form has put him in contention for gold here in MAW. [B]MAW All Action title: "Dogfight" Donnie J (c) vs. Providence[/B] – Providence likes... Well, we're not sure what Providence likes. I don't think even he knows what it is that makes him tick half of the time. But we can be relatively sure that he enjoys beating people up – the more painfully, the better. That sort of behaviour doesn't fly with the All Action champion, who was at first reluctant to get involved in the battle between Jameson's forces and The Fallen. Donnie's competitive spirit has been offended by Providence, however, as Donnie is always professional in the ring – something you could never accuse the face-painted Providence of being. [B]Rich Money vs. Firebird[/B] – The money behind the Knights Templar, and their inspiration, has taken considerable umbrage to the actions of Firebird in recent events. Money has made a number of comments to show that it is the masked man that he has a particular beef with, and even his failure to take gold from Aaron Andrews hasn’t dimmed his enthusiasm for fighting the darkness. Firebird, for his part, would see Money as one more step on his personal path through the darkness – and so much the better if he can claim the international star’s scalp for his own personal glory. [B]MAW Heavyweight title [COLOR="Purple"]I Quit[/COLOR] match: Kirk Jameson vs. Aaron Andrews (c)[/B] – It comes to this. This is a match more than two years in the making. Former friends, these two suffered a violent separation more than a year ago which led to one of the classic MAW matches at the 2011 WIABA. One year on, and their rivalry has only intensified. Aaron Andrews’ claims to be the best have been challenged time and again, but time and again he comes out on top with his title intact. He once claimed that he’d never be pinned – but in order to exploit the throat injury that he inflicted on Jameson just a few days ago, he’s chosen a match where pinfalls aren’t an option: I Quit. For Kirk Jameson the words would be sweet on two levels. If Andrews says them, then not only will Jameson become the MAW Heavyweight champion but it will also vindicate all the effort of these last five years as he will be recognised as the best wrestler in the company – and maybe even more. Jameson has said repeatedly that he believes that his former friend has been corrupted by the title. If Jameson can take the source of corruption away from him, then the White Knight has to be hoping that Andrews will once more become the man he once considered to be his friend. Personal quests, gold on the line, professional rivalries, wild matches and bodies flying all over the place: Where It All Begins Again has always been a highlight of the MAW calendar, and 2012’s offering promises to be no different. Be sure you make it to the North Carolina Biker Museum on Friday the 12th for the one of the greatest shows of the year! [CENTER]Quick picks: Smith & Singh vs. Spectrum Infinity vs. The Second Sons vs. Ford & Speed Team Honor vs. Always Breakin’ Hollywood ??? vs. Sean Deeley King Of The Indies Battle Royal Bradford Peverell vs. The Great Ota "Dogfight" Donnie J vs. Providence Rich Money vs. Firebird Kirk Jameson vs. Aaron Andrews[/CENTER][/QUOTE]

[B]Smith & Singh [/B]vs. Spectrum Infinity vs. The Second Sons vs. Ford & Speed Team Honor vs. [B]Always Breakin’ Hollywood[/B] ??? vs. [B]Sean Deeley[/B] King Of The Indies Battle Royal [B]Zimmy[/B] Bradford Peverell vs. [B]The Great Ota[/B] "Dogfight" [B]Donnie J [/B]vs. Providence Rich Money vs. Firebird draw [B]Kirk Jameson [/B]vs. Aaron Andrews The terror ends!

Archived