MAW: 10 Simple Rules...

Smith & Singh vs. [B]Spectrum Infinity [/B]vs. The Second Sons vs. Ford & Speed [I]The mysterious Spectrum Infinity get their opportunity to shine.[/I] Team Honor vs. [B]Always Breakin’ Hollywood[/B] [I]ABH become the new tag champs[/I] ??? vs. [B]Sean Deeley[/B] [I]Whoever the opponent is Deeley wont be losing the Traditional Title this early into his run.[/I] King Of The Indies Battle Royal [I]This a very open field, I'll go for an MAW old boy in Erik Strong[/I] Bradford Peverell vs. [B]The Great Ota[/B] [I]Ota's winning streak continues[/I] [B]"Dogfight" Donnie J[/B] vs. Providence [I]DQ win for Donnie[/I] [B]Rich Money[/B] vs. Firebird [I]Money puts Firebird in his place, as the momentum begins to swing in the favour of the Knights Templar[/I] [B]Kirk Jameson[/B] vs. Aaron Andrews [I]This just scream pay-off match to me, and it feels as though Jameson will have really earned his reign as the MAW Champion.[/I]

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Smith & Singh vs. Spectrum Infinity vs. The Second Sons vs. [B]Ford & Speed[/B] Team Honor vs. [B]Always Breakin’ Hollywood[/B] ??? vs. [B]Sean Deeley[/B] King Of The Indies Battle Royal [B]Nate Johnson[/B] Bradford Peverell vs. [B]The Great Ota[/B] [B]"Dogfight" Donnie J[/B] vs. Providence [B]Rich Money[/B] vs. Firebird Kirk Jameson vs. [B]Aaron Andrews[/B]

I wonder who Rip's ghostwriter is. [B]Smith & Singh[/B] vs. Spectrum Infinity vs. The Second Sons vs. Ford & Speed Team Honor vs. [B]Always Breakin’ Hollywood[/B] ??? vs. [B]Sean Deeley[/B] King Of The Indies Battle Royal [B]Erik Strong[/B] (If it's not him or Zimmy I'll be shocked.) [B]Bradford Peverell[/B] vs. The Great Ota "Dogfight" Donnie J vs. [B]Providence[/B] Rich Money vs. [B]Firebird[/B] [B]Kirk Jameson[/B] vs. Aaron Andrews (It's time.)

Smith & Singh vs. [B]Spectrum Infinity[/B] vs. The Second Sons vs. Ford & Speed Team Honor vs.[B] Always Breakin’ Hollywood[/B] ??? vs. [B]Sean Deeley[/B] King Of The Indies Battle Royal: [b]Erik Strong[/b] Bradford Peverell vs. [B]The Great Ota[/B] "Dogfight" Donnie J vs. [B]Providence[/B] [B]Rich Money[/B] vs. Firebird [B]Kirk Jameson[/B] vs. Aaron Andrews

[CENTER][I]OOC: I've decided to post the first part of the show as I'm only halfway through writing the sixth match of eight at this point... Enjoy for now, and when I finish the show, I'll put up the second half :)[/I][/CENTER] [B][CENTER]Mid Atlantic Wrestling presents: Where It All Begins Again Friday, 12th October 2012[/CENTER][/B] Rip Chord stood in the centre of the ring to kick the show off: [COLOR="Purple"]“Seven years ago I stood in this ring, before about forty people curious what old man Chord was doing with his life now he wasn’t wrestling. In the last seven years this company’s fanbase has grown to the point where we’re turning people away from two-thousand seat venues. I’m proud beyond words of everyone who’s stepped through these ropes - Jean, Jay, Mainstream, Erik, Aaron, Kirk, Steven... That’s just a few of the brave young men, and even a few women, who’ve competed for your entertainment, for glory, for titles, for honor. “This company is my proudest professional achievement. Thank you, all of you, for helping my dream to become a reality. Enjoy the show.”[/COLOR] * Rip’s heartfelt speech was followed by the appearance of Sean Deeley, the new Traditional champion, who was accompanied to the ring by his manager, Haley Buck. [COLOR="SlateGray"]“Touching... Of course, an old man like yourself would look backwards. For myself, I prefer to look forwards, forwards to the future – and the future is bright.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Magenta"]“The future’s Deeley,”[/COLOR] Haley cooed. Deeley nodded. [COLOR="SlateGray"]“That’s right. The future is me. Next year, Rip, when you’re standing there and eulogising the legends of this company, make sure to list my name as the greatest and the brightest. It’s only a shame that you won’t be able to call me the man who crippled JD Morgan-“[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“Yo, shut your mouth Deeley!”[/COLOR] Deeley and Buck turned to greet the new arrival, a large black man in a colourful suit and a long, heavy fur coat. [CENTER][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/GrandmasterPhunk.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [COLOR="Blue"]“You all in the Mid Atlantic are looking at Grandmaster Phunk! The mack daddy of mayhem, the pimp daddy of pain, the man who is proud, I said proud to call JD Morgan my homie. And to have you all up in this place, frontin’ like you’re all that... That busts my grill, boy. I understand that you’ve been on the MAW website, claiming that there ain’t no-one in this industry that can stand up to you. Well, I’m here to take that fool assumption and stick it so far down your throat I’ll be able to find those balls you lost at some point.”[/COLOR] The fans popped. Mild profanity is apparently laudable, in moderation. [COLOR="Blue"]“Now man up, Deeley. I’m about to get all Steel City on yo’ ass!”[/COLOR] * [B]Grandmaster Phunk vs. Sean Deeley[/B] Wow. Phunk was a last-minute replacement for Morgan as I’d tried almost everyone else in PSW who I thought might be believable as Deeley’s challenger. His big advantage is his overness, which actually puts him not far behind Aaron Andrews, remarkably. Anyway, he took the match to Deeley from the outset and, even though this was a non-title match, Phunk could scarcely have tried harder as he threw everything at the Traditional champion, barely letting him into second gear for much of the match. Deeley tried to tie Phunk up but was unable to hold the flamboyant brawler down and the fans erupted when Deeley was flattened with a corner avalanche and pinned. Winner: Grandmaster Phunk (B-) * El Heroe Mexicano and Nate Johnson were standing by backstage. [COLOR="Blue"]“I’m always seeking out new challenges,”[/COLOR] Heroe said. [COLOR="Blue"]“And the chance to be King of the North and South American Indies was far too good a chance to pass up. Some say I’m the fastest rising star in the whole of the world, and I’m capable of feats in the ring that no other man can match. All I know is that I live, sleep, and breathe wrestling. And that is what will make me your King.”[/COLOR] Nate Johnson looked on, implacable. [COLOR="Blue"]“No question that Heroe is a wonderful wrestler, but in a Battle Royal it’s not how well you can flip and fly – the more high risk your offence, the worse the chance you have of surviving in this match. That makes a mat wrestler like me the best bet to become the King.”[/COLOR] * Firebird was backstage, sitting in a darkened room, surrounded by a ring of candles flickering softly around him. [COLOR="DarkOrange"]“I have placed my faith in false idols,”[/COLOR] he said, his eyes closed. [COLOR="DarkOrange"]“Greg Ford, Marc Speed, Father Johan, whose leadership was ineffective. Black Eagle, who was waylaid by a woman. Providence, who was desperate only for carnage with no thought of greater things. The Great Ota, whose loyalties lay elsewhere. Aaron Andrews, my proudest achievement, who misled me, whose priorities were ultimately those of a small, normal man... “In my thirst to combat the groundswell of opinion that threatened to overwhelm my quest in support of the heroes with clay feet known as Kirk Jameson and Rich Money, I diluted the purity of what it means to Fall. “No more. We were many, but one by one the weak and unworthy fell by the wayside. And now I stand alone. “My focus is restored. The purity of intent is unsullied once more. “I have Fallen. I [I]am[/I] Fallen. “It is time to see if there is anywhere further I can Fall.”[/COLOR] * [B]Smith & Singh vs. Spectrum Infinity vs. The Second Sons vs. Ford & Speed[/B] I’d let Rip handle this one, as I wanted a little surprise thrown up by what he chose. It was a straightforward single-fall match with each pairing showing some decent skills both in tandem, and individually. Greg Ford was particularly impressive as at one point he appeared to be auditioning for a Matrix remake as he went from a cross arm lock on Blue Shift to a hammerlock on Antonio to a t-bone suplex on Kashmir Singh in just a few short seconds. But from there he turned into a Backdrop Driver from Brandon Smith that put him down for the count – and gave the former champions a guaranteed title match in the future. Winners: Smith & Singh (D+) * Sergeant Bubba Lee West and Damian “The Natural” Carvill were backstage. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Listen, maggot. Get in my way tonight, and I’ll smash you flat,”[/COLOR] West said. [COLOR="Green"]“Work with me, and you could be in the last two. It takes a warrior to be a King, but I can be gracious, and loyal to those who work with me.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“Thanks, Sarge,”[/COLOR] Carvill replied. [COLOR="Blue"]“But it’s every man for himself out there. I want to be the King as much as anyone – it’s only natural that I take the crown, after all.”[/COLOR] * Backstage, and Bradford Peverell was standing by: [COLOR="Blue"]“When I came to this company, Fumihiro Ota was pointed out to me as someone to aspire to matching. They said that he was talented, intelligent, and loyal to a fault. ‘He may not say much’, I was told, ‘but you know where you stand with him’. “Growin’ up on the streets, you learn to value loyalty. Knowing who’s got your back, who you can trust, who you can take into a fight... There aren’t many people I’m prepared to give my respect and my trust too, but everything that people have said suggested to me that Ota was one of those men. “Now he’s lined himself up with Aaron Andrews? That don’t make sense to me, and it seems like he’s had his head turned. Well, there’s one sure way I know of turning a man’s head back, and that’s grabbing it myself and twisting it. So Ota, you call yourself great? Ain’t nothing I see about you that qualifies – but maybe if you come out and throw down with me now, I’ll at least have some respect for you again.”[/COLOR] * [B]Bradford Peverell vs. The Great Ota[/B] I get the feeling we might be on something special here – this was Peverell’s best match with us, I think. Peverell expanded his range beyond his usual flying fists and was comfortably brawling like a veteran, with Ota steering him cleverly through some of the more intricate sequences. Despite the much improved performance, however, the result was the same, with Peverell struggling valiantly to exact some sort of honourable vengeance for Ota’s heel turn, but ultimately falling to a Ninja Strike as Ota’s resurgence continued. Winner: The Great Ota (C) * Backstage, and Erik Strong and Zimmy Bumfhole were getting ready for their match: [COLOR="Blue"]“It’s always a pleasure to be back in MAW,”[/COLOR] said the ‘Dark Star’. [COLOR="Blue"]“This is the company that made me – and for that I’ll always be grateful. I may have gone on to other things, but I’ll always relish the chance to come back and show the fans what I can do.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“I don’t have the same grounding here in the Mid Atlantic that Erik has,”[/COLOR] Zimmy admitted. [COLOR="Blue"]“But I’ve been here a few times, and I’ve always enjoyed passing through. It’ll be an honour to become the King of the Indies before the fans here.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“Yes, it will – for me,”[/COLOR] Erik cut in. * ABH were backstage, with Haley Buck sulking behind them after Sean Deeley’s loss. [COLOR="Blue"]“All these fools rollin’ into town thinking they’s gonna be the king or somethin’,”[/COLOR] Lenny Brown snarled. [COLOR="Blue"]“Some tin cup don’t make you a king,”[/COLOR] Primus Allen declared. [COLOR="Blue"]“It’s gold that makes the man. And we’re the men that’re gonna get made. Gold belts, around our waists, lookin’ good,”[/COLOR] he went on. [COLOR="Blue"]“Team Honor, I hope you enjoyed your time with our titles,”[/COLOR] Brown said. [COLOR="Blue"]“They’re nice looking belts – and they’re gonna look great when we roll down Hollywood Boulevard tonight with them around our waists, and all the producers and directors bowing down before the true kings of wrestling, and begging us to be in their films.”[/COLOR] * [B]Team Honor (c) vs. Always Breakin’ Hollywood[/B] for the [COLOR="Purple"]MAW Tag Team titles[/COLOR] There definitely seemed to be something in the air during this show, as this was a particularly strong match considering the relative inexperience of the competitors. ABH lived up to their name in both senses as they tried early on to attack in the most bruising and flashy manner possible. Team Honor worked more simply, focusing on low risk, effective tactics that little by little wore down their opponents. The two teams were contrasted in more than their approach to the match. The champions worked together, supporting one another by riling the crowd and each other with applause and chants. The challengers left that to Haley Buck, who did great work in turning the crowd against her clients, contesting every referee’s call and screeching whenever it looked like her men might lose. Ultimately, Primus Allen grew overconfident and tried to match technical skills with Jared Johnson. The North Carolinan was quick to counter Allen’s attack, turning the bigger man’s size and weight against him and pinning him in the corner of the ring. When Lenny Brown tried to break this up, Lassana Makutsi was there to catch him with a Lassana Stunner to score the pin and make the successful defence of the titles. Winner: Team Honor (C-) [CENTER][I]Part two to follow...[/I][/CENTER]

[I]OOC: And now, the long awaited (?) conclusion to Where It All Begins Again 2012! And you can be grateful that I didn't make the I Quit match a separate post on its own - it's [U]four pages[/U] long - longer than most of my shows... :p[/I] * Donnie J was backstage, pacing up and down: [COLOR="Blue"]“Providence, tonight’s the night that I move past you,”[/COLOR] he said. [COLOR="Blue"]“I’ve seen you for what you are, and it sickens me – but I’m not responsible for you. You are. You’ve chosen your path in life, and one day someone will make you rue your choices.”[/COLOR] * [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]“One day? One day? I don’t think about ‘one day’,”[/COLOR] Providence retorted. [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]“Today providence has chosen me to act as its agent by taking your All Action title from you. Tomorrow, who knows, I might choose to walk away from all this and become a missionary. I go where providence dictates, do what providence dictates, say what providence dictates... and hurt who providence dictates. And Donnie J, today providence dictates that I hurt you. It’s not anything personal, I’m sure you understand. It’s just that providence isn’t happy that you’re trying to stand in my way...”[/COLOR] * [B]"Dogfight" Donnie J (c) vs. Providence[/B] for the [COLOR="Purple"]MAW All Action title[/COLOR] Okay, so this one may have been exploiting previously discovered chemistry between the two participants, but if it works, then do it. I also happened to think that the storyline by which the normally competition-focused Donnie was drawn into Providence’s world was one of my more well-conceived efforts. Ultimately, it played a big part in the progress of the match. On commentary, Rip noted that he’d agreed not to add any additional stipulations to the match “Because these two never leave any stone unturned in their attempt to win a match anyway.” The match saw a definite contrast in styles as the wild and uncontrollable Providence threw himself at Donnie, using every thing he had access to in an attempt to beat down the smaller man. But then, Donnie more than most is used to being at a size disadvantage in matches, and for his part was ready, willing and able to throw himself around with almost as much abandon as his opponent. However, while such an offence might normally work against a more typical opponent, Providence seemed to have a much higher threshold for pain than an average person, and with mounting horror Donnie threw everything he had at Providence, unleashing his highest impact offence in an attempt to put the painted man down... Only to see Providence coming back for more – battered, bruised, but unbeaten. Eventually, Donnie tried for a Whisper in the Wind, but his leap from the top turnbuckle lacked energy, and he flopped more than soared through the air. Providence caught him and swung around, driving him into the mat with an Eye Of Providence with enough force to make the ring move several inches across the arena floor. The pinfall was academic, and Providence was the new All Action champion! Winner: Providence (C+) * Backstage, and Rudy Velasquez and Lord Geoffrey Windameer were face to face, glaring at one another: [COLOR="Blue"]“Listen here, you commoner,”[/COLOR] Windameer said. [COLOR="Blue"]“I am royalty, directly in line to the throne, and the only one in this match with anything like a claim to being the King. Now, I demand you withdraw from this charade of a contest in order that I may claim my rightful place as monarch.”[/COLOR] Velasquez regarded him like a tiger might regard an attacking sheep – curiosity preventing him from putting him down out of hand: [COLOR="Blue"]“Windameer, you’ve got a big mouth. I prefer to do my talking in the ring. But even if you have got blue blood, and you are royalty, history’s full of times when blue blood’s been spilt, and someone new has taken the crown for themselves. And tonight I intend to make sure that someone is me.”[/COLOR] * [B]King Of The Indies Battle Royal[/B] featuring Damian Carvill, Eddie Powell, El Heroe Mexicano, Erik Strong, Flying Jimmy Foxx, Lord Geoffrey Windameer, Nate Johnson, Rudy Velasquez, Sgt. Bubba Lee West and Zimmy Bumfhole The ten men immediately split into five pairs, with an even face/heel split among the ten competitors. The pairings brawled and chain wrestled around the ring, ending up with Strong holding Carvill down in the centre of the ring, while Mexicano, Bumfhole, Foxx and Johnson forced their respective partners back into the corners. The faces climbed as one to the second rope and began firing off punches to their opponents’ heads, while Strong rained blows down on Carvill. Then Strong stood, leaving Carvill dazed in the centre of the ring – a feeling that only grew worse as Mexicano dropped backwards, monkey flipping West out of the corner and bringing him crashing down on Carvill. Apparently seeing this as a good thing, each of the others followed suit, with Carvill absolutely annihilated as Velasquez, Powell and Windameer each followed suit in turn, leaving him easy meet for Nate Johnson to pick up and throw from the ring. That set the scene for a string of eliminations, as West sprang upright and grabbed Johnson, pitching him over the top rope – and onto Carvill, who by now was well practised in being a crash mat. Mexicano went right after West, but the sergeant seized him in an armlock and forced him to the mat while Erik Strong was seized by Powell, who unsmilingly and ferociously headbutted him across the bridge of the nose, flattening Srong’s nose and spilling blood. Strong recoiled in pain, and was seized by Windameer who joyously pitched him over the top rope. Windameer turned to shake hands with Powell, but the suddenly serious be-afroed one threw a flurry of rights to the aritocrat’s face, sending him crashing to the mat. Meanwhile, Jimmy Foxx had Rudy Velasquez in trouble, with the former Latino King holding on for dear life as Foxx tried to manoeuvre him over the top rope. Velasquez flailed at Foxx with his feet, but Foxx held on to throw him over the top – only for West to release Mexicano and, rattlesnake quick, pitch Foxx up and over even as Velasquez skinned the cat and rolled back into the ring. The three standing heels each then chose an opponent to tackle, with West going right after Bumfhole and tasting a high dropkick for his pains. Velasquez tackled Mexicano, raining blows down on the masked man, while Powell preyed on Windameer, stalking his foe who tried to back away on his knees until he reached a corner and found himself trapped. At that height, he was easy prey for Powell to unload with a barrage of kicks and knee strikes, leaving the Lord insensible and giving Powell free reign to eliminate him. Bumfhole, meanwhile, was engaged in an unending war of limblocks and counters with Sgt. West, the two men finding that their vastly different styles at least had amateur freestyle wrestling in common as they tussled for supremacy – a battle abruptly ended when West kicked Bumfhole between the legs. However, the aggressive move did him no favours as Mexicano broke off from his fight with Velasquez to stagger West with a leaping roundhouse kick, before throwing him over the top tope to considerable acclaim. This left Mexicano, Bumfhole, Powell and Velasquez as the final four – but Velasquez immediately charged Mexicano and bundled him over the top rope, only for Heroe to twist in midair and catch his attacker in a headscissors, carrying Velasquez over with him and landing both men on the mats at ringside. Slowly, Powell and Zimmy circled one another, before Powell charged in with his fist ****ed to deliver a hard shot to Bumfhole. Bumfhole countered with a hiptoss, but Powell landed on his feet, and spun smartly in place to try and land a left hook, only for Zimmy to counter into a belly-to-belly suplex. Powell bounced upright and as Zimmy rose to one knee Powell leapt in with a Shining Wizard that put Zimmy down. Powell dragged Zimmy to the ropes, but struggled to lift him and put him over the top. Instead, he climbed the turnbuckle and with Zimmy draped over the top rope, leapt off with a double axehandle that catapulted Zimmy back into the ring. Powell nearly lost his balance and was able to save himself by grabbing the top rope only at the last second, flailing wildly to try and haul himself back into the ring. But by the time he was able to pull himself back into place, Bumfhole was starting to bring himself upright. Powell’s previously implacable expression changed into a scowl, and he vaulted to the top rope, springboarding into the ring with a crossbody attempt, only to be caught in mid-air with a dropkick that folded him in two around Zimmy’s feet. The two men dropped to the mat, unmoving for several seconds before Zimmy slowly pulled himself upright. Grabbing Powell by the hair, he dragged him to the ropes and tried to tip him over, but only ended up tearing out two chunks of Powell’s afro, resulting in a sympathetic groan from the crowd. Powell was apparently awakened by the scalping, and fired a series of elbows into Zimmy’s gut, before trying to hit him with a Motion Censor, only for Zimmy to reverse it into a Bumfhole Buster attempt. But Powell blocked this, and tried for a stunner, only for Zimmy to reverse that into an atomic drop that sent Powell staggering into the ropes. Zimmy followed him in with a Shining Wizard of his own that left Powell draped over the ropes, and Zimmy responded by dialling up a tiger feint kick (619) to send Powell sprawling to the far side of the ring. Zimmy took a moment to play to the fans as he climbed back into the ring before charging at Powell, who avoided the attack with a back body drop that sent Bumfhole up and over the top rope. Powell raised his arms in victory, before turning around to see Bumfhole standing on the ring apron. Bumfhole grabbed Powell’s head and dropped him throat first across the top rope, before rising to his feet once more and grabbing him for a suplex – to the outside. Belatedly, Rip, Rock and myself realised that the two men were teetering over our announcers’ table, and we scrambled to safety as Powell came crashing down and through the wooden structure as Bumfhole held tight to the top rope, landing on the ring apron as the bell rang. As trainers and medics dashed down the ramp to tend to Powell, a slightly shaken Rip entered the ring with the King of the Indies trophy to present to Bumfhole, who raised it over his head as the crowd cheered, although a fair few were still paying attention to Powell, still lying motionless in the wreckage of the table beside the ring. Winner: Zimmy Bumfhole (C) * Rich Money was backstage: [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]“Firebird’s all alone? I can relate to that. You see, Firebird, not that long ago I honestly believed that my money was all that I needed to be happy. Friends, lovers, even family – I could have them whenever I wanted. “I came to realise that I wasn’t happy – and Firebird, I don’t honestly believe that you will be until you come back to your friends. They will forgive you. That much I can promise. “But before that, I want to show you the pain you can expect by continuing down your present path. And I want to exact some justice. Directly or indirectly, your actions have led to serious injuries for JD Morgan and for KC Glenn, and by stirring up Aaron Andrews you may have cost Kirk Jameson his last shot at the Heavyweight title. If for no other reason, you’d deserve a beating for all that. But there’s a lot more against you, Firebird. And tonight, I’ll be the man to make you pay for what you’ve done.”[/COLOR] * [B]Rich Money vs. Firebird[/B] The three of us announcers were able to reassemble enough equipment to start broadcasting again at the timekeeper’s table, although it was somewhat crowded. To start the match, Money appealed to Firebird to renounce his anti-social behaviour. Firebird responded with an open hand slap to Money’s face. Money’s face contorted, but he seemed to swallow an immediate violent retort, before the two tied up. The tie up led to a hiptoss from Firebird, who followed up with a series of harrying slaps to Money’s head as he seemed to be trying to anger Money. For his part, Money remained implacable in the face of Firebird’s offence, even when the masked man decided to strike low with a boot between Money’s legs. The referee was all set to DQ Firebird, but Money stopped him. Instead, he took the offence to Firebird, clinically picking the masked man apart and preventing him from mounting any form of sustained offence. Although Firebird tried some innovative moves, the well-travelled international star seemed to have him scouted and was able to turn almost any move to his advantage. Firebird’s frustration grew, while Money seemed to grow calmer and calmer, and eventually a wild aerial assault from Firebird was reversed into a Money In The Bank for the popular win. Winner: Rich Money (B) * Backstage, and Kirk Jameson was warming up. Rip noted that his throat still bore a nasty red welt. He straightened up suddenly, and the camera pulled back to reveal Aaron Andrews standing before him. The two men glared at one another. Neither man spoke. Neither man moved. Neither man blinked. Eventually, Aaron turned to leave. Rock quietly noted that, after all that the two men had been together over the last two years and more, there really weren’t any more words to be spoken between them. * [B]Kirk Jameson vs. Aaron Andrews (c)[/B] in an [COLOR="Purple"]I Quit[/COLOR] match for the [COLOR="Purple"]MAW Heavyweight title[/COLOR] [COLOR="Purple"]“No disqualifications,”[/COLOR] Rip stated, as the two competitors came down to the ring. [COLOR="Purple"]“No countouts. No time limit. I’ve personally barred anyone not involved in the match from ringside. These two men will fight until one surrenders.”[/COLOR] The referee checked both men for hidden weapons before the bell rang, which seemed faintly ridiculous as he couldn’t disqualify either man for carrying. But it made sure that both men were on a level playing field. At ringside, Katie Cameron looked on in concern as her client stared down the Heavyweight champion. For his part, Andrews stared back unblinkingly. The bell rang, and the crowd roared in anticipation of the culmination of this rivalry. The roar dimmed gradually to a fervent murmur as the two men stayed standing in their respective corners, neither man wanting to move and chance making the first mistake of the match. Rock noted that, given the calibre of the two men, a mistake from either could be enough to gift their opponent the match. Almost as one, they advanced slowly, their steps measured, their gaze taking in each infinitesimal move of their opponent in anticipation of an attack – and the possible counters they could use against that move. Andrews struck first, a feinted kick masking a right hook that Jameson caught and turned into a hammerlock, only for Andrews to roll through, sending Jameson staggering into the corner. The challenger nimbly sidestepped the champion’s charge, and Andrews pulled himself up short of running chest first into the turnbuckles. He threw out an elbow and Jameson ducked under, changing his own charge into a forward roll. He rose up and lashed out with a forearm, only for it to be blocked by a forearm blow from Andrews. Jameson broke the impasse with a kick to Andrews’ knee, sending the champion down and allowing Jameson to seize the advantage. Rather than focus on the champion’s knee, however, Jameson immediately locked in a chokehold, throttling Andrews in a clear attempt to exact vengeance for his own choking in the War Games match seven days before. On commentary, Rip noted that Aaron was beginning to turn the same shade of purple that Jameson had – but Andrews was just able to twist in place and bring his arm up sharply between Jameson’s legs. Jameson staggered back, and Andrews rose upright quickly, grabbing for Andrews’ head and trying to snare him in a DDT. Jameson pushed him back into the corner, but was unable to break free as Andrews hauled himself up the ropes so that he was sitting on the top turnbuckle. Jameson flailed, but Andrews was resolute and launched himself off into a Tornado DDT. With Jameson down and stunned, he clamped on a choke hold of his own. He wrenched back on the hold, contorting Jameson’s injured neck and throat into an unusual angle. Jameson’s face began to change colour once more, but he remained resolute, unwilling to give up. He managed to break Andrews’ grip, and break free, staggering back into a corner and looking light-headed as he tried to hold himself upright. The combat resumed with a series of high-impact exchanges, both men focusing on the head and neck of the other as they tried to wear their opponent down to the point where a submission could be gained. Rock noted that Jameson had the fearsome Kirk-Hold in his repertoire, which could be construed as an advantage, but Rip countered that the Kirk-Hold was not a head-based submission, and if anything that counted against Jameson. The two men traded thunderous blows and moves. A superplex from Jameson bounced Andrews hard off the mat and left him sprawled in the opposite corner. Jameson enjoyed a brief spell in charge of the match, but the champion fired back with a series of shots to Jameson’s abdomen and – to the referee’s displeasure – groin. But Rip noted that this was no-disqualification, and therefore the move was as legal as a headlock. Andrews switched focus momentarily, working over Jameson’s core with an abdominal stretch, although he kept an elbow planted firmly in Jameson’s throat as he did so. He arched back on the hold, bending and flexing every one of Jameson’s joints. But in doing so, he overbalanced, toppling backwards and belatedly attempting to turn the move into a belly-to-back suplex, but only succeeding in bringing his challenger’s weight down across his chest. The two men lay unmoving for several long moments. Jameson was the first to stir, pushing himself onto all fours. Deliberately, carefully, he placed a forearm across Andrews’ throat and pressed down, causing the champion to buck and thrash, but apparently he was unable to dislodge Jameson’s attempt to crush his windpipe. At last, Andrews broke free as Jameson’s grip was loosened by the champion’s thrashings. He rolled quickly to the outside, seeking escape, but Jameson followed after him, rubbing almost absent-mindedly at his own throat as he chased after his foe. Jameson pursued Andrews around the ring, eventually catching him as he tried to scrambled back into the ring. Jameson grabbed his foot and hauled him back out to the arena floor, but the champion was ready and used his momentum to catch Jameson with an elbow smash to the side of the head, staggering the challenger. Andrews grabbed him, and whipped him into the ringpost, sending Jameson crashing to the mat, a nasty gash opened across his hairline. Andrews wasted no time in pursuing his advantage, throwing everything that he had at Jameson over the next few minutes, both outside and inside the ring. Jameson was able to avoid being crowned with a chair by lashing out with a boot to Andrews’ gut, but otherwise he took a horrendous pounding as Andrews left him down and bleeding. Andrews finally stood over his challenger, chest heaving and his face contorted into look of disgust and loathing as he stared down at his bloodied and unmoving foe. Slowly, deliberately, he went down onto his knees before placing his arm across Jameson’s throat, taking his own turn to try and choke the life from his nemesis. But Jameson was playing possum, and twisted Andrews into a crossface submission hold, and now it was the challenger wrenching back on Andrews’ arm and neck, and as Andrews let out a guttural growl of frustration and pain, Rip noted that this move would also help Jameson if he decided to apply the Kirk-Hold later in the match. Rock countered that Jameson wasn’t thinking about later – he wanted to force Andrew to give up now. Andrews used his one free hand to try and claw himself closer to the ropes. I noted that the referee would enforce a rope break – eventually. But even as Andrews reached the ropes, Jameson relinquished the hold, only to drag Andrews back into the centre of the ring where he applied a camel clutch, contorting the whole of Andrews’ upper body, and driving a forearm repeatedly into the side of Andrews’ throat. Andrews was stuck in the centre of the ring, seemingly unable to break free of the hold, until one last, desperate burst of strength allowed him to get his legs under him, and push forward enough to throw Jameson off his back and through the ropes to the outside. Both men were left down once more, Jameson on the mats outside the ring, his blood pooling beneath his head as he sucked in huge, shuddering breaths. Andrews lay in the ring, his face contorted with pain, every move he tried to make clearly leaving him in agony. Jameson slowly got to his feet and slid back into the ring. He pushed himself upright, and grabbed Andrews by the hair, pulling him up to his knees. He kicked him in the chest, rocking the champion back on his haunches, before firing off a series of punches to his face. Andrews didn’t move to defend himself, instead taking the blows as they came in, rocking with each one. The last one knocked him onto his back, and Jameson moved in to try and put him in a camel clutch. Andrews seemingly came to just in time to fight back, scratching and clawing at Jameson to avoid being caught in the hold, and succeeding in forcing Jameson back with a fortunate thumb to the eye. As he pulled himself towards the ropes to use them to bring himself upright, his hand alighted on the chair that he had previously brought into the ring. With an evil smile on his face, he instead used this to push himself upright. He turned to find Jameson hanging from the ropes in the far corner, blood dripping from his nose and chin, chest heaving as he glared balefully at Andrews, apparently so weakened by the fight that he couldn’t bring himself to attack. Andrews limped forward, the effects of the battle evident in his heavy step and his expression as he raised the chair. Jameson stared him dead in the eye, unmoving until the swing began at which point he dropped to the mat. Andrews’ swing brought the chair down on the ropes, and he came close to knocking himself out with the chair as it rebounded on him. However, he retained enough about him to control the chair, and bring it around in a swing that caught Jameson a glancing blow to the side of the head. It was enough to put the challenger down, and Andrews stared down at him for several seconds, seemingly unsure what to do next. Slowly, however, he raised his gaze until it settled on the ringpost. Dropping the chair, he limped into the corner of the ring and with movements that betrayed the heaviness of his limbs, he undid the top turnbuckle cover, tossing the padding out of the ring. I noted that this was how Andrews had beaten Jameson the year before, with a Standing Hot Shot onto the exposed steel turnbuckle – but this was an I Quit match, and this move wouldn’t lead to a submission. Rip cut in, noting that any move could make Jameson quit – anything that resulted in him being unable to carry on. Before going any further, however, Andrews picked up the chair again and tried to jab the edge of it into Jameson’s throat. Andrews just managed to roll out of the way of the strike, but Andrews grabbed the back of his head managed to drive the chair into his throat – albeit only a glancing blow. It was enough to make Jameson clutch at his throat, and writhe in considerable pain on the mat. Andrews smirked as he set the chair down and picked Jameson up. Hauling him upright, he grabbed him around the waist and lifted him into the air, dropping backwards with Jameson’s head aimed squarely at the exposed steel bolt. On impact, Andrews seemed to bounce upright, flush with adrenaline. He took the time to strike a victory pose before turning to pick up the chair. It wasn’t there. Andrews’ expression changed to one of dread as he turned to face the corner. Jameson, who had blocked the Standing Hot Shot at the third time of asking, swung the chair. The edge of the chair crashed into Andrews’ throat, and Jameson tossed it out of the ring as the champion clasped at his neck. Jameson sprang forward, planting his knees into Andrews’ back and grabbing him around the throat before falling backwards, impaling Andrews on his knees and snapping his head back. Andrews jerked free as though electrocuted, his limbs spasming as he dropped into the centre of the ring, before he gradually fell still. Jameson forced himself upright, the effects of the contest clearly visible in his bloodied face and his slow movements. Deliberately, he placed himself over Andrews falling form, placing a firm grip on first one arm, and then the other, before dropping to the mat with the Kirk-Hold locked in firmly, with the ringropes seemingly a mile away as he torqued back, Andrews unable to move, unable to escape until, at last... [COLOR="DarkRed"]“I quit!”[/COLOR] The fateful words having been spoken, Jameson released the hold immediately, and let Andrews flop like a gutted fish to the mat. Scraping his bloodied hair from his eyes, he fell back on the mat, his hands across his face as the crowd erupted. The referee brought the title belt into the ring, and draped it across Jameson’s chest. At the touch of it, Jameson sat bolt upright, clutching at the leather and gold strap. He looked down at it in disbelief, clutching it to him as though afraid that someone would try and take it from him. Slowly, painfully, he climbed to his feet. He raised the title belt over his head, and climbed the ropes, pausing to slap the exposed steel turnbuckle that had not been his downfall. He soaked in the crowd’s adulation, going from corner to corner, the belt held aloft. He paused only to watch Andrews crawl from the ring, titleless for the first time in two years. Their gazes met for a second, Andrews’ snarling even as he limped weakly away from the ring, allowing the new champion to return to his celebration, with nearly two thousand delighted fans lauding the new figurehead of Mid Atlantic Wrestling. Winner: Kirk Jameson (B-) [B]Overall: B-[/B] [I](The show has risen in importance.) Next: Fallout, analysis of the booking patterns of Tommy Cornell, and [U]why[/U] do people keep signing Ash Campbell?[/I]

Amazing, JC. The "I Quit" match was especially well done, too. Its length was not an issue for me either; I actually rather enjoyed it, as it made it feel as big as it was. Just when I feel like I'm creeping up on some of you writers up at the top, you raise the bar even higher. :):):)

This is my first time posting in this thread, but I gotta say, I'm loving this diary. Glad that Jameson finally got the gold, too, in an excellent sounding match.

Can't comment on the newest show yet, but as my lurker status has been brought to attention over in the DOTM voting thread, I thought I would swing on over and say that I've thoroughly enjoyed this thread and all of the goodness contained within. I've been following along and skimming since I signed up here, but recently I've gone back and started reading things word for word. So here's to another reader you didn't even know existed. Cheers.

[I]OOC: Thanks for all the comments, folks. The show took about three weeks to write, all together, partly just the sheer length, partly a desire to write the main event all in one go (it took two days in the end) and just extreme busyness - thankfully over Christmas I had to get well ahead :)[/I] * So, why didn’t we go with Kirk last year? I pondered this as the coronation party went on backstage. Providence, Sean and Kirk all had new (or nearly-new) titles, and Zimmy Bumfhole was waving around the King of the Indies trophy at anyone who’d look at him. Hell, even Jared and Lassana were strutting around after their successful defence. The former champions were a mixed bag. Donnie really had grown to like the All Action belt. JD Morgan was backstage for the first time since his injury, his leg heavily strapped. He was confined to a wheelchair, and Grandmaster Phunk was loathe to let anyone else push his friend around. Morgan appeared pleased to be there, and everyone was making him feel like he was still a part of the roster, but having been in almost exactly his position myself, I could see the pain in his eyes. Aaron, meanwhile, was at the bar. The former champion was watching the party, not taking part in it. I walked over to him. [COLOR="Green"]“Aaron? Are you okay?”[/COLOR] He nodded, his eyes not leaving Kirk and the Heavyweight title belt. [COLOR="DarkRed"]“It was time to give the belt up. I can see that... And I won’t miss having it loading up my luggage. But it was nice to be the champ, you know?”[/COLOR] I shrugged. It wasn’t until some time after my career ended that it had occurred to me that I’d never held even so much as a Trios title anywhere. [COLOR="DarkRed"]“Do you think Kirk can do the business?”[/COLOR] I pondered this. Certainly we’d have to start working on his storylines – if he could make it through the inevitable rematch with Andrews. [COLOR="Green"]“I think so. He’s not at the same level as you. Not yet. But nearly. Nearly. And he’s not tied to TCW so I don’t think he’ll outgrow us. Not like you...”[/COLOR] Aaron smiled tightly. [COLOR="DarkRed"]“He’ll do well as the champion. I just hate that I have to lose the belt for him to get the chance.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Green"]“Well, stick with us kid. I’m sure you’ll get another chance soon enough.”[/COLOR] He gave me a weak nod, and moved over to Kirk. He shook the new champion’s hand, and soon the two were involved in a blow-by-blow replay of the match for the avid crowd. Aaron would be fine, I felt. He’d suffered his first decisive singles loss in over two years, and his confidence was shaken. But I had no intention of letting him come across as anything less than first class for the remainder of his contract – and if he agreed to sign on again, well, all the better. The party went on, and I went to check on Katie. She’d completed her last match as Kirk’s manager. From now on, he’d be going alone. He had the talent, and we were both leary about her being too close to the matches as they went on. Instead, she’d be covering colour commentary duties occasionally, where it was safe. It wasn’t the only change we’d made. One or two of the loan workers had impressed, and we’d made offers for them to come and join us full-time. I’d finally got around to giving the middle shows proper names, rather than random adverbs plucked from thin air – although, to satisfy an OCD-lite tendency of mine, the change wouldn’t go through until the new year. Given that the shows were tending to sell out only at the start of the month, we’d also decided to move the big shows (the Invitational and Where It All Begins Again) to the first week of the month, at least temporarily. I now had six shows before the end of December to run the qualifiers for the Invitational. As for why we’d waited an additional year to give Kirk the belt, the simple answer was that Aaron had been our best worker almost since his arrival. Kirk may have been the fairytale winner last year, but with an extra year’s experience under his belt – and a lengthy FCW Puerto Rican title reign to his credit – we knew that he was capable of running with the belt. Even now, I’d still say that Aaron was number one, but overall Kirk was considerably more popular (although mainly in Canada, where we had no intention of running shows. Oh well...). I also felt that Kirk’s character had developed over the last year. In 2011, he’d been trying to win back his friend. In 2012, he was protecting the entire company. Oh, and JD Morgan had been in the frame right up until he went down injured. Them’s the breaks, huh? * Peter Michaels, the voice of SWF, has signed with NOTBPW. It’s a PPA deal, so Michaels should still be available for SWF shows. * Mainstream Hernandez has re-signed with TCW, giving us no chance to sound him out. I doubt very much that Mainstream would have joined us but, like Steve Parker, he’s someone I like to keep an eye on. Just in case. * Dan DaLay has rejected negotiations with us. He’s massively over in Canada, and figures that he can make more money up there. He’s right, of course. The same goes for American Elemental, who’s much, much more over in Japan than the US. * The man with the spookiest eyes in wrestling has announced his retirement from active competition. Stuart Ferdinand, the multi-time GCG Openweight and Tag champion has come to the end of an illustrious career that has seen him involved in some fantastic matches. Most recently, he was involved in a several-month long tag reign with ex-MAW star Greg Keith. He is expected to be involved behind the scenes with GCG for the remained of his contract, as he is a well respected veteran with a great grasp of psychology and the basics that he can pass on to the youngsters. * Former SWF World champion Enygma has turned us down. He’s a bit too big for us. Another former World champion – TCW in this case – has signed with us. That’d be a bigger deal if he hadn’t been one of the weakest champions of any major company in the last five years, the company only booking him in ten matches in the six months he held the title. He did leave the company without dropping the belt, though. I’m sure we can make something of that... * Actually, TCW has a tendency to not book their big names and titles very often. Looking through their roster, American Buffalo has only had twenty-five matches in ten months. Meanwhile, Guide’s had twenty-nine, Wolf Hawkins has had thirty-two, Koshiro Ino twenty-two and Tommy Cornell himself just twenty-seven. Tommy, in fact, rarely wrestles more than forty matches a year – only once since I joined MAW. The big names in TCW enjoy a pretty light schedule, considering how wrestling-oriented their product is. I guess they can spread the load around a fair bit. * MAW star Lord Geoffrey Windameer (AKA Paul Huntingdon AKA Aristocrat) is the new USPW champion, having defeated Enygma for the belt under the second of those names. That actually works out quite well for me as Kirk Jameson’s first defence of his newly won title is going to be against, well, you can guess, right? Time for MAW to earn some pride back over USPW... * It’s been a big day for business in the wrestling world. Dan DaLay has returned north of the border with NOTBPW. After being used on an almost weekly basis in CGC, and picking up Canadian, World Tag Team and World title reigns, he worked just twelve matches in his nine months in SWF. Meanwhile, Remo Richardson ended his eight month exile from the industry as he signed for TCW. Ash Campbell has signed for PSW. He gave a press conference – being Nemesis’ son has its advantages – and announced how much he enjoys wrestling the opening match of a show. Call me catty, but given that that Campbell’s career match average is E+, I don’t seem him getting much beyond opening matches anyway. Still, he’s now under contract with PSW, RIPW and CGC, so apparently he’s got something. * Stevie Grayson has left TCW. Since rejoining the company in 2009, he’d won just four matches out of fifty-five, all of which came in 2011 as he picked up back-to-back wins over Chance Fortune and Texas Pete in what seemed like a mini-push – albeit separated by a month – but it was another seven months before his next win over Andre Jones in late November, although that was followed by a win in the rematch four weeks later. * NYCW picked up the win in the Regional battles in October, largely as a result of the A-rated main event between Sean Deeley and Aaron Andrews on their show. Money-wise, we dropped something like $20,000 in October. A longer third show, coupled with all the extra faces (who weren’t that expensive individually, but there were eight guests on the show) meant that we took a hit. By next October, in theory, we’ll be making enough money that we can laugh off that kind of loss. Even as it is, we’re comfortable dropping down from high in the $170,000 range to low in the $160,000 range. * Farewell to 4C, who have officially announced their closure. The company was understood to be almost one million dollars in debt, with no hope of recovery, and therefore the decision was taken to shut the doors. * Congratulations to Steven Parker, who’s signed a written contract with TCW. The charismatic Canadian is just twenty-eight, and has the talent to be a big star out west. For my part, I just hope that he finally gets the chance to go over Jay in revenge for the theft of his MAW title back at the 2010 RCI * Jacob Jett is the new WLW Show Stealer champion, marking his third reign with the belt. He defeated Acid, the former eight-time champion, in a three-way dance that also involved Canadian Dragon. * [QUOTE][I]Transcript from America-Sports-1 of NOTBPW press conference with Victoria Stone-McFly and new NOTBPW announcer Peter Michaels: AS1: Mr. Michaels, what motivated you to join NOTBPW? PM: I’d been in my last position for seventeen years. I’d seen everything, and said everything, several times over. I felt that it was time for a change. When my contract came up for renewal, I was approached by Mrs. Stone. VS-M: Victoria, please. PM: Of course. AS1: And is there any truth in the rumours that your departure from your last employers was motivated by a falling out backstage? PM: None at all. I have nothing but fond memories of my time in New York. I simply felt like a change and, at fifty-two, I thought that this was the best time to make the change. AS1: Were you involved in your last employer’s search for your successor, both behind the announcers’ desk and on the booking staff? VS-M: I’d prefer if some of the questions were to do with this company... PM: Victoria, if I may...? VS-M: Go on. PM: I notified Richard three months ago that I would not be staying with the company. Since that time, we did discuss names, but I think it’s fair to say that there was one candidate who it was felt would be ideal for both positions. I expect that they’ll be contacted by Richard... now, in fact – if they haven’t been already. AS1: Thank you. Moving on, Mrs. Stone, how does this appointment affect your current announcing team of Duane Fry, Mitch Naess, Tommy London, Tom Townsend...[/I][/QUOTE] I switched off the television, and stared across the table at Rip. The contract lay on the table between us. The amount offered was bordering on indecent. Rip picked up the contract again and glanced over it. It was thick, with lots of legal stuff on there about my proposed responsibilities as head booker and announcer for the Supreme Wrestling Federation. [COLOR="Purple"]“Well, kid,”[/COLOR] he asked, apparently having studied Supreme’s dental plan to his satisfaction. [COLOR="Purple"]“What are you going to do?”[/COLOR] * [CENTER] [B]MAW Eleventh Hour[/B] Kirk Jameson vs. Lord Geoffrey Windameer Smith & Singh vs. Team Honor The West Texas Peacekeepers vs. The Canadian Blondes Quentin Queen vs. Raphael Nate Johnson vs. Sean Deeley Zimmy Bumfhole vs. Firebird Rich Money vs. Eddie Powell[/CENTER] [I]OOC: This is becoming a regular occurence, huh?[/I]

[B]Kirk Jameson[/B] vs. Lord Geoffrey Windameer [I]I wouldn't have given Lord Geoff a sniff, even if Jameson was champion or not[/I] Smith & Singh vs. [B]Team Honor[/B] [I]Straight forward retention for Team Honor, who look in line for a decent run with the Tag belts.[/I] The West Texas Peacekeepers vs. [B]The Canadian Blondes[/B] Quentin Queen vs. [B]Raphael[/B] [I]Couple of toss up matches, i'll go down the right side for both.[/I] Nate Johnson vs. [B]Sean Deeley[/B] [I]Deeley gets a win back, after his non title loss to Phunk.[/I] Zimmy Bumfhole vs. [B]Firebird[/B] [I]Zimmy's only sticking round part time, so Firebird goes over[/I] [B]Rich Money[/B] vs. Eddie Powell [I]Money's only part time too, but he's Rich Money and Powell's a mid-carder at best.[/I]

[B]Kirk Jameson[/B] vs. Lord Geoffrey Windameer Smith & Singh vs. [B]Team Honor[/B] [B]The West Texas Peacekeepers [/B]vs. The Canadian Blondes [B]Quentin Queen[/B] vs. Raphael Nate Johnson vs. [B]Sean Deeley[/B] [B]Zimmy Bumfhole[/B] vs. Firebird [B]Rich Money [/B]vs. Eddie Powell Hmm Aandrews vs Deeley gives an A match? Well thats a nice hint to work towards hehe.

[QUOTE=James Casey;579135]NYCW picked up the win in the Regional battles in October, largely as a result of the A-rated main event between Sean Deeley and Aaron Andrews on their show.[/QUOTE] Wow, that must have you drooling, eh? If Grandmaster Phunk is among those you bring back full time, that would bring this diary to new levels of awesome that are impossible to describe. [B]MAW Eleventh Hour[/B] [B]Kirk Jameson[/B] vs. Lord Geoffrey Windameer Smith & Singh vs. [B]Team Honor[/B] The West Texas Peacekeepers vs. [B]The Canadian Blondes[/B] Quentin Queen vs. [B]Raphael[/B] Nate Johnson vs. [B]Sean Deeley[/B] Zimmy Bumfhole vs. [B]Firebird[/B] [B]Rich Money[/B] vs. Eddie Powell

Just wanted to say the last show was awesome. Fantastic match between James and Anderws. [B]MAW Eleventh Hour[/B] [B]Kirk Jameson[/B] vs. Lord Geoffrey Windameer Smith & Singh vs.[B] Team Honor[/B] [B]The West Texas Peacekeepers[/B] vs. The Canadian Blondes [B]Quentin Queen[/B] vs. Raphael Nate Johnson vs. [B]Sean Deeley[/B] [B]Zimmy Bumfhole[/B] vs. Firebird [B]Rich Money[/B] vs. Eddie Powell

[I]OOC: Kirk's first line is lifted from Dukes' Battle for Vince's Soul diary over on EWB.[/I] * [B][CENTER]Mid Atlantic Wrestling presents: Eleventh Hour Friday, 5th November 2012[/CENTER][/B] Kirk Jameson came down to the ring to open the show, Heavyweight title securely fastened around his waist. He beamed at the crowd as he turned a full circle in the ring, showing the belt to the two-thousand in attendance. [COLOR="Blue"]“It fits!”[/COLOR] Jameson beamed as the crowd cheered. [COLOR="Blue"]“You’re always told that winning a title is the easy part. Well, it took me eighteen months, so I don’t want to know about the hard part yet!”[/COLOR] The crowd laughed, as Jameson grinned. He grew serious as he continued. [COLOR="Blue"]“In all seriousness, though, I have a hard road ahead. Holding this belt, even just for the three weeks since I won it, makes me begin to understand why Aaron was so desperate to keep hold of it, why he went to the lengths that he did... I look at my list of challengers, and I wonder how on earth I can keep hold of this belt. Rudy Velasquez, Firebird, Sean Deeley, Geoffrey Windameer, Aa-“ “That’s Lord Geoffrey Windameer, Jameson,”[/COLOR] Windameer announced, striding out onto the stage, his own USPW World title clutched to his chest. [COLOR="Blue"]“And you may hold this company’s top title, but it’s not a World title – not like the one over my shoulder right now.”[/COLOR] Jameson looked thoughtful for a moment, and then shrugged. [COLOR="Blue"]“You’re right. MAW isn’t big enough yet to have a World title. But I don’t think that makes the company any less prestigious. I mean, I’m holding a title that you’ve never won, despite being in this company for months, isn’t that right?” “I’ve never had a shot at the title.” “Well, tonight’s your lucky night – I haven’t chosen my first challenger, and I think that you just jumped to the top of the list.”[/COLOR] Windameer looked momentarily alarmed, before realising that he had the chance to make good on his words. Nonetheless, he approached the ring cautiously, as Jameson limbered up in preparation for the match. * [B]Kirk Jameson (c) vs. Lord Geoffrey Windameer[/B] for the [COLOR="Purple"]MAW Heavyweight title[/COLOR] As coming out parties go, this wasn't half-bad. Jameson and Windameer are well matched, and the fans dug having two champions going at it to start the show. Although Kirk's certainly intended to main event the bulk of the shows he'll be on, the departures of Zimmy and Rich were felt to be worth highlighting as this show was seen as a farewell of sorts – sending off our distinguished guests and getting rid of a couple of gimmicks that had seen better days (or hadn’t seen better days, as the case may be). For that reason, the Heavyweight title match was positioned as the show’s hot opener, and did that job well – not to mention making the first match of the Kirk Jameson era... a Kirk Jameson match. The champion retained in thirteen minutes of highly entertaining action with The Bullseye, and I couldn't help but wonder whether Sam would have something to say about his champion being used that way, or whether the favour Rip had earned by putting Zimmy over in the King of the Indies battle royal had been paid back by having the UPSW World champion identified as such before he lost to our champion... Politics, eh? Winner: Kirk Jameson (C+) * Backstage, the tag champions and their challengers shook hands in a show of respect before the title match. * [B]Smith & Singh vs. Team Honor (c)[/B] for the [COLOR="Purple"]MAW Tag Team titles[/COLOR] This was a significant risk, as fans don't normally go for matches where both sides are faces (or heels, for that matter) but the talent and chemistry between each set of partners helped carry the match, which saw the veteran challengers throwing everything they had at the neophyte champions in an attempt to regain the belts in their first chance since losing them. The action see-sawed back and forth but ultimately the champions retained when Jared Johnson caught Brandon Smith in a Carolina Crossface and forced the submission victory. Winners: Team Honor (C-) * After the match, the former champions applauded their vanquishers from the ring. Then Kashmir Singh took the mic: [COLOR="Blue"]“Brandon, my friend, do you feel as I do?”[/COLOR] Smith raised an eyebrow for a second, before smiling. [COLOR="Blue"]“If you mean, do Ah feel like we’ve come as far as we can as a team, well, yeah. Ah guess so.” “So, this is farewell...” “...but not goodbye. You know Ah’ve got your back – if you need it,”[/COLOR] Smith said. [COLOR="Blue"]“And I yours,”[/COLOR] Singh said. He smiled, a little sadly. [COLOR="Blue"]“It has been fun, hasn’t it?” “It’s been fantastic,”[/COLOR] Smith replied. [COLOR="Blue"]“But all things come to an end. And I think we both have our eyes set on titles. I’ve spent too long ignoring my former protégé, Providence.” “And I should dearly like to take the Traditional title from Sean Deeley, who has no respect for anyone.” “Well, good luck buddy,”[/COLOR] Smith extended his hand. Singh shook it. [COLOR="Blue"]“And to you. And of course, we need not concern ourselves with limits, so if you get a Traditional title shot, or I get an All Action title shot...” “Agreed. If I can do your job, or you mine, well, that’s what friends are for.”[/COLOR] The two men embraced, and left the ring together for possible the last time. * [B]The West Texas Peacekeepers vs. The Canadian Blondes[/B] Just a short match to remind folks that there's more than just the champions in the tag team division. Most of the teams are in the E range for experience, which is something I'd like to work on. I think the middle show each month will see more tag matches. Anyway, the hugely experienced Blondes took the win with O, Canada! Golden pinned Sheriff Blaze for the win. Winners: The Canadian Blondes (D-) * Raphael was backstage, the gaudy ring tights that he had worn before replaced with black ones. He was wearing a hooded coat, partially shading his face, and had something to say: [COLOR="Blue"]“You haven’t seen the best of me.”[/COLOR] * [B]Quentin Queen vs. Raphael[/B] Quentin Queen is a young kid who's signed on with us. He has a 'tude on him, due to his indy exploits, but he's hardly Ernest Youngman or KC Glenn. Getting smacked around by the 'new and improved' Raphael will hopefully help him realise his place in the world. Raphael picked up the win with an Italian DDT. Winner: Raphael (D-) * Nate Johnson came to the ring, looking sombre: [COLOR="Blue"]“I couldn’t go back up north without trying to teach Sean Deeley a lesson. We’ve crossed swords north of the border, and I’ve always thought that he needed slapping down. And I’ll be delighted to teach him about respect for his opponents.”[/COLOR] * [B]Nate Johnson vs. Sean Deeley (c)[/B] for the [COLOR="Purple"]MAW Traditional title[/COLOR] After a couple of so-so matches, we turned the heat back up with this cracking rematch from a few weeks back. As with their previous meeting, Deeley went for submissions early and often, while Johnson fought hard to counter him. In the end, the champion's initiative paid off, and the challenger left MAW with a loss. Winner: Sean Deeley (C) * Firebird was shown in the otherwise empty Fallen locker room, somewhat dwarfed by the size of the room. [COLOR="DarkOrange"]“Alone. Pure in my solitude. I will pursue the darkness with nothing to distract me. If others choose to walk my path, then so be it. But now I walk alone.”[/COLOR] * [B]Zimmy Bumfhole vs. Firebird[/B] And this is not clicking... I think we were pushing the wrong brother all that time. Anyway, just to put the finishing touches to Firebird's downfall, he was unable to score a win over Zimmy, the match going to a very good time limit draw. But how much better would it have been if they clicked? Winner: No-one (C+) * After the bell, Firebird attacked Zimmy from behind, beating him with sheer and unadulterated ferocity from pillar to post, before taking to the air with a Firebird Splash for the exclamation point. * Rich Money came down to the ring. [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]“It’s time to say goodbye,”[/COLOR] he began. [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]“I’ve been here, on and off, for four months now, and I have to head back up north. I’ve helped my friends, fought those who needed fighting, and won my share of matches. Tonight, I want to have just one match for the sake of it, as a thank you to all of you who’ve supported my allies and I over the last several months. So if anyone in the back wants to come out and help me put on a great match, I’m waiting!”[/COLOR] Unfamiliar music played, and at first the man who emerged from the back appeared to be a newcomer. But as he approached the ring, it became clear that despite the shaved head, and despite the plain trunks (as opposed to a polyester disco suit), it was none other than... [CENTER][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/TeddyPowell_alt7.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER] ...Eddie Powell. [COLOR="Blue"]“It’s clear to me that what I’ve been doing since my arrival in MAW isn’t getting me anywhere,”[/COLOR] he said, his speech lacking its usual third-person narrative. [COLOR="Blue"]“For the last several years, I’ve been trying to make myself more marketable, more colourful, more noticeable. “At the last show, I may have lost out on the chance of becoming King of the Indies because my opponent was able to grab my long hair and because the suit I was wearing was restricting my movement. These were real problems, but more than that, they were symptomatic of the path I was pursuing, of the issues thrown up by continued attempts to be something I’m not. “I’m Eddie Powell. I’m a good... No, I’m a great wrestler. That’s all I need. No hot manager, no flashy gimmicks... Just great wrestling. Money, you say you want a great match? I’ll tell you now that there’s no-one better qualified than me to give it to you.”[/COLOR] * [B]Rich Money vs. Eddie Powell[/B] This was a straight-out brawl from start to finish, as Eddie showed a commendable grasp of toe-to-toe warfare as he matched the international star punch for punch, and clothesline for clothesline. There was a real feeling of a new star being born as the war rumbled on past the twenty-minute mark, both men just inches from victory again and again. In the end, Money hit the Dollars From Heaven for the win, but the acclaim from the crowd made it clear that the result was, in a way, immaterial. Winner: Rich Money (B) * After the match, Eddie climbed to his feet. He eyed Rich disappointedly, shaking his head as the two men stood across the ring from one another. Eventually, he extended his hand for Rich to shake and, after a moment's hesitation, Rich accepted the gesture, before raising Powell's hand over his head. [B]Overall: C+[/B] [I]Next: SWF's new head booker is...[/I]

Eddie Powell's eyes may well be the portal to hell. I liked that as a sort of hangover/comedown show. The Fallen must just be in an emotional shambles at the moment, which makes me look forward to Double A's imminent return and plans for revenge... Providence's All Action run should provide a very interesting set of matches, too... I don't see Kirk getting quite the reign Andrws' got, which just makes it moe interesting, because he has the potential to lose it to pretty much anyone, whereas Aaron always seemed above nearly everyone. Keep up the good work. (I only recently realized that's what KUTGW meant)

[QUOTE=markish;579887]Eddie Powell's eyes may well be the portal to hell.[/QUOTE] [I]OOC: That just demands to become part of the storyline...[/I] * We'd been juggling nine or ten teams for a while now, and having eight teams makes for a nice, even division with four face squads, and four heel ones. Storylines are easier to write, and there's no-one playing odd man out when we sort out who goes on what shows. That's not to rule out a Smith & Singh reunion at some point – but neither man is getting any younger, and a midcard tag team is a bit of a waste of both men's talents. Elsewhere, Eddie Powell has turned face to balance out our lopsided roster a bit. Along with Smith and Singh, we've effectively gained three face singles workers in one show. Not too shabby. As for Raphael... I want to believe that he can make it, but he's been going nowhere under my stewardship almost since he signed up. 'Lackey to Antonio' should not be the high point of anyone's career, let alone one of the most talented workers on the roster. Now, if he could just develop a little more star quality to go with his improving charisma, we'd be set. * Supreme TV was on air, with Farrah Hesketh back in the announcers’ seat. She’d been given the book again, and was on air being professional and competent. As a replacement for Peter Michaels, she was doing okay. I switched off the TV. It was time to get back to my job. * [CENTER] [B]MAW Great Lakes Smackdown[/B] RCI Round 1: “Dogfight” Donnie J vs. Casey Valentine The XX Factor vs. The Canadian Blondes Quentin Queen vs. Providence Bradford Peverell vs. Sean Deeley Eddie Powell vs. Lord Geoffrey Windameer[/CENTER]

Hey, just out of curiousity, are you getting close to cult? [B]MAW Great Lakes Smackdown[/B] RCI Round 1: [B]“Dogfight” Donnie J[/B] vs. Casey Valentine The XX Factor vs. [B]The Canadian Blondes[/B] Quentin Queen vs. [B]Providence[/B] Bradford Peverell vs. [B]Sean Deeley[/B] [B]Eddie Powell[/B]vs. Lord Geoffrey Windameer

I'm at E importance in the Great Lakes and South East, and need to get to D in one or the other. I think (haven't done the maths) that I'll get there in a year or so, depending on how the economy and indutsry so on go for us. South East has 90% importance, compared to 85% in GL and MA, so I'll probably crack it there - despite the lower attendances there.

RCI Round 1: “[B]Dogfight” Donnie J[/B] vs. Casey Valentine [I]Donnie's solid run with the All Action belt makes him more likely to progress in the RCI.[/I] The XX Factor vs. [B]The Canadian Blondes[/B] [I]Sorry ladies but the Blondes will be winning this one.[/I] Quentin Queen vs. [B]Providence[/B] [I]Easy win for Providence[/I] Bradford Peverell vs. [B]Sean Deeley[/B] [I]Deeley retains his traditional title[/I] [B]Eddie Powell[/B] vs. Lord Geoffrey Windameer [I]The fact that Windameer holds gold, even if it's not MAW Gold has suddenly made me take him more seriously. Saying that I think Powell's face turn will actually do him good so he gets the win here. [/I]

Archived