MAW: 10 Simple Rules...

[I]OOC: So here we go - the start of the new Rip Chord era... In order to try and keep the shows fairly short (because my promos tend to be relatively long and detailed) I'm going for straight descriptions where a storyline doesn't need too much detail. BP42 has done something similar, and I don't think it costs too much, so I'm going to try it here for a while and see how we go.[/I] * [B][CENTER]Mid Atlantic Wrestling presents: Nationwide Friday, 26th October 2013[/CENTER][/B] Rip Chord led his protégés down to the ring. Ruin, Raphael and the Second Sons each took up position in a corner of the ring, holding their title belts aloft. Rip stood in the centre of the ring, and smirked. [COLOR="Purple"]“Welcome, one and all, to Rip Chord’s Mid Atlantic Wrestling. This company is mine, and what you will see if the finest young wrestlers being given every chance to fulfil their potential. This company will not pander to those wrestlers who are past their prime – or who never reached it. “Now that my company is once again mine, I promise you that the four men in this ring with me will be given every opportunity to show their superiority. And should anyone be able to show that they are capable of performing on the same level as my protégés, then they will be welcome to join this group... which I call the Cult Of Chord.”[/COLOR] Chord looked smug. [COLOR="Purple"]“Forget about your favourites. People like Jean Cattley, or Fumihiro Ota... They’ve given this industry everything they have, worked incredibly hard for this company, and now it’s time to take them out the back of the barn like a dog with a broken leg and...”[/COLOR] He chuckled. [COLOR="Purple"]“You know the rest. Now, don’t get too upset, folks. I still need you to buy their merchandise, and God knows I never get tired of seeing my guys kick the crap out of them, so they’ll be around for a while yet. But as I get bored of them...”[/COLOR] He made a gun shape with his hands, and mimed firing, before laughing again. The Sons laughed as well, while Raphael continued staring into the crowd. Ruin at least glanced over his shoulder before turning back. Then Magic Carpet Ride hit the PA, and the crowd erupted as Remmy Skye emerged onto the entrance ramp. He made his way to the ring, sliding in and smiling agreeably at Rip. [COLOR="Purple"]“What do you want?”[/COLOR] Rip growled. [COLOR="Blue"]“I want to know who my next opponent is,”[/COLOR] he replied. [COLOR="Blue"]“I’m here in Mid Atlantic Wrestling to test myself against the very best, and-“[/COLOR] [COLOR="Purple"]“Who said you have a job?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“Hey, I was told that if I impressed in my match, I had a contract here.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Purple"]“Yeah, well, it wasn’t me who told you that, so forget it. Still, how old are you, kid?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“Twenty-nine.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Purple"]“Ehhh... I guess you make the cut. I tell you what, kid – if you can beat one of my guys, you get your contract, okay?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“Anyone you put in front of me, I can beat,”[/COLOR] Skye said, confidently. [COLOR="Purple"]“Yeah, well, my guys have got talent coming out of their boots,”[/COLOR] Rip said. [COLOR="Purple"]“So let’s see how you measure up against... Casey Valentine. Later tonight, if you lose, then we get back to showing off my guys and you go back to Hollywood or South Carolina or wherever you’re from.”[/COLOR] * [B]Remmy Skye vs. Casey Valentine[/B] This was a short match designed to act as a highlight reel of sorts for Skye. Whether because of nerves, the lack of competitiveness or – to my mind most likely – the unsuitability of Casey Valentine for this position, it was nowhere near as good as his match with Tim Westybrook. He took the win, and earned a contract with MAW, in just under ten minutes as a result of a Skye Diver. Winner: Remmy Skye (D) * Before the next match, Rip announced that the winner of the match would challenge Lauren Easter for the Women’s title at Remember November. Reese noted that Suzanne should receive an automatic rematch anyway – but Rip ignored her. * [B]Suzanne Brazzle vs. Jaime Quine vs. Nadia Snow[/B] This was a spirited affair, with the like-minded Quine and Snow opting from the bell to target the former champion in an attempt to take her out of the match. However, Brazzle was wise to the tactics and on engineered several occasions where one of her opponents hit the other, straining their relationship to breaking point. When Quine accidentally hit a roundhouse kick on Nadia, Brazzle quickly followed up with a Brazzle Dazzle to score the win and ‘earn’ her contractually obligated rematch at Lauren Easter. Winner: Suzanne Brazzle (D+) * Rudy Velasquez called out Enygma. He claimed that the new King Of The Indies had cheated during the closing moments of the match – and as a result, he’d taken the food from Velasquez’ family’s mouth. Rudy wanted a match there and then, so he could earn some of the money he needed to keep his family fed. Enygma came out and accepted, saying that he didn’t cheat – but it seemed like veterans like him weren’t getting much respect in MAW right now, and he had to try and put that right. * [B]Enygma vs. Rudy Velasquez[/B] This match stepped the crowd up a lot as the two men tore into one another from the moment the bell rang. Enygma seemed deeply offended by any allegation that he’d cheated to win the match on Monday, while Velasquez was fighting for his pride and his family. He was the more aggressive, taking cheap shots and short cuts wherever he could get away with it to wear down the former SWF star, but the veteran masked man was able to absorb the punishment to come back with an Enygma Variation to score the win. Winner: Enygma (C+) * Before the main event, Rip accompanied his trio of clients to the ring, and claimed that they were the equal of any three challengers. Jean Cattley came out and said that he and his fellow veterans weren’t about to go easily into the long dark night – in fact, they were ready to fight for their place, and show that youth had its place, but that experience and savvy were at least as valuable, if not more so. After all, if youth was so valuable, why was Rip leading the group? * [B]Cattley, Phoenix & Ota vs. Ruin, Raphael & Antonio[/B] For storyline purposes, this match had to go on last – but it won’t linger long in the memory as it was a cluster of brawling, with Fumihiro Ota looking surprisingly out of his depth in the wild environment. With everyone in the ring together, the referee had no chance to enforce any kind of order, and so the cohesion of the match broke down. When Ota scored with a Shining Wizard on Raphael to end the match, it seemed to come as a relief to everyone watching. Winners: Cattley, Phoenix & Ota (D+) [B]Overall: D+[/B] [I]Next: Money and Remo...[/I]

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest codey
WIABA was a great show. I've gotta say, though, that even though I don't want to be "that guy," Rip was my guess for Mentor. Granted, it was just a guess, but that last promo he gave had me leaning towards him. Initially, i went with Jacob Jett like someone else suggested, but then I realized that Jett would have been a huge star in Japan by now. Now I'm just waiting to see who was under the hood when Rip and Mentor were both on-screen!

Enjoyed as well, JC. I don't mind the new approach at all. Its something I would recommend to any writer looking to save a bit of time, as it doesn't seem to take too much away but can save a ton of time. The key promos still get the full treatment but the less important ones just get a quick description. And I am definitely intrigued as to what you have coming up with Money and Remo... Shockingly, two of my favorites...

[I]OOC: I couldn't resist that little trail - but it really is about Remo, at least :p[/I] Apropos nothing much, here's the entrance music for all the current MAW workers. I've thrown Jay in as well because his music was always Teen Spirit - it could never be anything else. [QUOTE][I]"Bulldozer" Brandon Smith: Garth Brooks - Standing Outside The Fire "Machine" Jean Cattley: Evanescence - Bring Me To Life "Sensational" Kashmir Singh: Queen - The Show Must Go On Antonio: The Who - My Generation Bradford Peverell: Eminem - Lose Yourself Brooke Tyler: Tori Amos - Winter Casey Valentine: The Who - My Generation Dazzling Dave Diamond: Primal Scream - Rocks Delirium: Prodigy - Firestarter Eddie Powell: Nirvana - Come As You Are El Heroe Mexicano: The Altman Brothers - Jessica (Top Gear theme) Flash Savage: Canadian National Anthem Fumihiro Ota: Kung Fu - The Legend Continues (Theme) GB Wood: The Vibrators - Keep It Clean Jaime Quine: Prince - When Doves Cry James Casey: The Jam - Town Called Malice Jared Johnson: Manowar - Die With Honor Jay Chord: Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit Jefferson Stardust: T-Rex - 21st Century Boy Joanne Rodriguez: INXS - Need You Tonight Jorge Wilkes: They Might Be Giants - Birdhouse In Your Soul Josh Jones: Ocean Colour Scheme - The Riverboat Song Justin Sensitive: Barenaked Ladies - If I Had A Million Dollars Kristabel Plum: Kylie Minogue - Spinning Around Lassana Makutsi: Manowar - Die With Honor Lauren Easter: Kula Shaker - Hush Lenny Brown: Green Day - Boulevard Of Broken Dreams Marc Speed: U2 - Elevation Marshall Dillon: The Clash - I Fought The Law Michael Wilkes: They Might Be Giants - Birdhouse In Your Soul Nadia Snow: Gershwin - Rhapsody In Blue Oscar Golden: Canadian National Anthem Phil Jerome: Linkin Park - Bleed It Out Phoenix: Santana - Soul Sacrifice Quentin Queen: Ocean Colour Scheme - The Riverboat Song Raphael: Rolling Stones - Sympathy For The Devil Remmy Honeyman: Pet Shop Boys - Being Boring Remmy Skye: Steppenwolf - Magic Carpet Ride Rip Chord: Motorhead - Ace Of Spades Rudy Velasquez: Cypress Hill - Latin Thugs Ruin: None Sheriff Blaze: The Clash - I Fought The Law Suzanne Brazzle: Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Want To Have Fun Swoop McCarthy: The Herd - The King Is Dead Thea Davis: Girls Aloud - Love Machine Tim Westybrook: Black Sabbath - Iron Man Team Honor (Johnson/Makutsi): Manowar - Die With Honor The Canadian Blondes (Golden/Savage): Canadian National Anthem The Second Sons (Antonio/Valentine): The Who - My Generation The WT Lawmakers (Blaze/Dillon): The Clash - I Fought The Law The Wilkes Brothers (Jorge/Michael): They Might Be Giants - Birdhouse In Your Soul Two Smoking Barrels (Jones/Queen): Ocean Colour Scheme - The Riverboat Song[/I][/QUOTE] * We lost $35,000 in October, largely as a result of the imported stars for Where It All Begins Again. We were short of funds before the last Nationwide of the month, resulting in a late switch of venue as we couldn’t afford the $8,000 rental on the Arkansas Coliseum. Happily, my investment in MAW ($100,000 to match Rip’s initial investment) has gone through, so we have some cash to play with. Myself and Rip have been discussing this issue at some length – but more on that later. * We’ve got a new TCW World champion: Remo Richardson began his first reign on Sunday night, toppling Freddy Huggins. Unfortunately, the match was good (B-) rather than fantastic, and was preceded immediately by Money/Ino (A), Peak/Valiant (A) and Hawkins/Cornell (A*). In fact, it was the second worst match on the card – beating only Greg Black/Bart Biggz. And Remo got injured in victory – just a sprained shoulder, but how’s that for adding insult to injury, or even vice versa. In all, it’s a blow for Remo, who’s been phenomenal all year long – but not too surprising. Remo’s been on a losing streak of late, with just one win (in a tag match) in the last two months. Indeed, after losing out to Huggins twice in a week in title shots in late June, Remo’s not been involved with the outgoing champion in matches at all. Still, who am I to comment on other company’s booking? Did you see our last show? * By a quirk of fate, the new signings were all arriving on the same plane. Reese and I had agreed to collect them in the company people carrier, with which we ferried the occasional ‘travel paid for’ worker around. The rest of the time, it was used by Katie and I to move the twins around. There were three of them. One of them flew club class. The others flew economy. The important thing was that they were all here. I felt like Bob Dylan as I juggled cards with the arrivals’ names on them, while Reese kept Rip up to date. The plane arrived five minutes late. It wasn’t much – but enough to give me the jitters. It was only when I saw the first arrival – blonde hair, blue eyes, breezing through the crowd having flown in at the front of the plane – that I knew it was happening. The next arrival was less serene. The thick, muscular frame was not suited to economy – but what choice did he have? The money earned of late did not allow anything more. The last arrival was delayed because he was helping an old lady with her luggage – luggage that seemed to be comprised of the entire contents of her house. He had a cat carrier hung around his neck, and what looked like a microwave on his back as he towed a trolley behind him that was bearing a rolled up carpet, lumpy with what I had to assume were any number of personal items. At last it was all sorted. We piled into the people carrier and set off. As I drove, Reese outlined the plans for the coming TV show. All three would be involved. For one, it was routine. For the others, there was experience as well – but of a different way of doing things. I turned onto the offramp for the Biker Museum and glanced in the rearview mirror. The three heads, one blonde, one brunette, one black, were gathered together and reviewing their roles. It was good to have them all back.

First, congratulations on the new arrival. As a stand-in for twin newbies to this world, I can tell you to enjoy the moments of serenity as they probably won't last. You have much to look forward to (they don't call it 'the terrible twos' for nothing) though perhaps having two makes things worse, since they conspire with each other. "Hey, you hungry?" "Not really, why?" "Well, I'm hungry...and you smell funny..." "...I DO NOT..." "...so what's say we get tío in here. He knows whassup." "Okay..." *the crying commences* :p Anyway, looking forward to seeing how this whole Mentor storyline plays out. I'm guessing one of the new arrivals is related to the Mentor, given the mention of him earlier. Oh and some of your theme choices are odd (and how can a promotion as small as MAW afford so much 'Major Licensed' music? :p).

[QUOTE=Remianen;662816]Oh and some of your theme choices are odd (and how can a promotion as small as MAW afford so much 'Major Licensed' music? :p).[/QUOTE] Oh yes, intentionally - I didn't want to be all rock, a la WWE for example. As for how we can afford them, in the CVerse these are all local bands, playing in bars, waiting on the big break and grateful for the exposure :D

Looking at my old dynasty, here's what few I had for the MAW wrestlers at that time (TEW 2007 version): Mainstream Hernandez-- Aerosmith: "Livin' on the Edge" Mean Jean Cattley--Megadeth: "Symphony of Destruction" Casey Valentine--Kansas: "Carry On Wayward Son" Steven Parker--Guns 'n' Roses: "Welcome to the Jungle" D.C. Rayne--Creed: "My Sacrifice" Jay Chord--Linkin Park: "Numb" Flash Savage--a heavy-metal rendition of O, Canada Oscar Golden--generic smooth jazz-type music That's all I had referenced, and it's been so long I can't remember what else I had. It just amuses me at how different two eople can see the same workers.

[QUOTE][I][CENTER]MAW.com Show Report – On Tour in Great Lakes Thursday 4th November 2013[/CENTER] Hello everyone, if the picture on this week’s download looks a little strange, it’s because we were at Perry Hall for this week’s On Tour, the first time we’ve been to the 2,000 seat venue – big things are happening for MAW! We kicked off with former All Action champion (ouch!) Brandon Smith taking on Phil Jerome. The young Jerome took the brunt of Smith’s anger, and fell victim to an Inverted Piledriver despite a spirited performance. Antonio mocked Justin Sensitive ahead of their match. Antonio acts like the big man now he has gold around his waist – but what would he be like without Rip Chord to guide him? Before the match began, Chord summoned two animal control officers to ringside to confiscate Sensitive’s chimpanzee. If this was supposed to throw Sensitive off his game, it didn’t – and the youngster nearly scored a major upset in the early going as he took the fight to the tag champ. In the end, though, Antonio picked up the win with his feet on the ropes. That’s just a shame, but Sensitive can walk away with his head held high. Team Honor staked a case for another title shot in the next match, as they took on the West Texas Lawmakers. It was interesting to watch the interactions between the two managers, as Haley Buck seemed to take offence to Jenny’s presence at ringside, and spent much of the match haranguing her. This didn’t sit too well with her team, as they suffered without her guidance, eventually falling to the crowd favourites. After the match, Buck seemed to regain her calm. She called out Bradford Peverell and challenged him on behalf of her client, Remmy Honeyman. Peverall charged down to ringside on his custom motorbike and accepted the challenge. He noted that Buck was looking more and more like the sort of person he disliked, surrounding herself with people to do her bidding while she sat there and plotted. He’d be keeping an eye on her... During the match, Buck proved a useful distraction. Peverall seemed unable to keep his mind on the task at hand, and Honeyman was able to put him down with a Flying Legdrop to take the win. Next, it was a case of ex-teammates at each other’s throats. Jaime Quine taunted Thea Davis about her recent troubles with Nadia Snow. Davis came out looking furious, and tore into her former partner. Quine tried to score with her deadly kicks, but Davis had her well-scouted, and before Quine could change gears, Davis put her down with a Flying Elbow Drop. Backstage, and Casey Valentine tried to attack El Heroe Mexicano. Unfortunately for Casey, Heroe turned the tables on him and handed out a beating on the way down to the ring for their scheduled match. In between the ropes, Valentine tried to score with shortcuts, but couldn’t make up the ground lost before the bell, and eventually was caught in the Mexican Mutilation. Also backstage, Phoenix and GB Wood rounded a corner at the same time, just avoiding bumping into one another. The no-frills Wood mocked Phoenix’ colourful costume and mask, saying that he had nothing to hide, and no need to try and distract his opponents – he got by on skill alone. Phoenix took exception to this, and challenged Wood to a match. Out in the ring, Wood proved himself true as he pushed Phoenix hard, but the well-travelled veteran was able to avoid the worst of Wood’s offence while finding innovative ways to inflict damage of his own. Ultimately, the masked man scored with a Firebird Splash for the win. Fans, this has been Reese Paige for MAW, out On Tour. Check back next week for the On Tour report! Brandon Smith def. Phil Jerome – E+ Antonio def. Justin Sensitive – D- Team Honor def. The West Texas Lawmakers – E+ Remmy Honeyman def. Bradford Peverall – D Thea Davis def. Jaime Quine – D El Heroe Mexicano def. Casey Valentine – C- Phoenix def. GB Wood – C- Overall: D+[/I] [/QUOTE] * [COLOR="Green"]“How bad is it?”[/COLOR] I asked, wincing as I caught sight of how bad it was. The doctor barked an order to one of his nurses, who tactfully pulled a curtain around the exam cubicle. As a goodly selection of our roster milled around the waiting room, trying not to get in our way, our trainer stood beside me, looking slightly white in the face. I sighed. It wasn’t his fault that he was a final year med student – just like it wasn’t GB Wood’s fault that Phoenix had landed badly when hitting the Firebird Splash. The initial prognosis was a broken ankle, and that meant two to three months on the sidelines. I scowled. I’d wanted Phoenix and Heroe to team up at Remember November. In fact, Phoenix had made it back to the locker room unaided, thinking that the injury was a sprain at worst. Only when he’d tried to remove his boot had he realised how bad the swelling was, and when the trainer had cut it free... More than one of Phoenix’ co-workers was minus their last meal right now, is all I’m saying. I settled in for a long wait. I knew I had to rewrite the coming month of shows, on which Phoenix had been set to feature heavily. I had to speak to Wood, and to Heroe. I had to contact Rip about arranging some sort of cover for Phoenix’ wages f he needed it. But for now, I had to wait for one of my friend’s to have his broken ankle set. The rest could wait – he’d need to see a friendly face when he was done. * [CENTER][B]MAW Nationwide[/B] ??? and Suzanne Brazzle vs. Joanne Rodriguez and Lauren Easter “Machine” Jean Cattley vs. Raphael (c) – MAW All Action title Fumihiro Ota vs. Ruin (c) – MAW World title And Swoop McCarthy will defend his Traditional title![/CENTER] [I]OOC: The 'suprise' entrant in the tag match is about as small a surprise as exists. McCarthy's opponents (yes, it's a Triple Threat) are slightly more so...[/I]

[B]??? and Suzanne Brazzle[/B] vs. Joanne Rodriguez and Lauren Easter “Machine” Jean Cattley vs. [B]Raphael (c) – MAW All Action title[/B] Fumihiro Ota vs. [B]Ruin (c) – MAW World title[/B] And [B]Swoop McCarthy[/B] will defend his Traditional title!

??? and Suzanne Brazzle vs. [B]Joanne Rodriguez and Lauren Easter[/B] “Machine” Jean Cattley vs. [B]Raphael (c)[/B] – MAW All Action title Fumihiro Ota vs. [B]Ruin (c)[/B] – MAW World title And [B]Swoop McCarthy[/B] will defend his Traditional title!

[B]MAW Nationwide[/B] ??? and Suzanne Brazzle vs. [B]Joanne Rodriguez and Lauren Easter[/B] “Machine” Jean Cattley vs. [B]Raphael[/B] (c) – MAW All Action title Fumihiro Ota vs. [B]Ruin[/B] (c) – MAW World title And [B]Swoop McCarthy [/B]will defend his Traditional title!

[I]OOC: There shall only be one hundred! Nah, doesn't have the same ring, does it? Credit to ReapeR for the title belt render, and sorry it's taken so long to make an appearance. Credit to Scapino for the timebomb idea, taken from his SWF diary.[/I] * [B][CENTER]Mid Atlantic Wrestling presents: Nationwide Friday, 5th October 2013[/CENTER][/B] Rip Chord came down to the ring, accompanied by... The Mentor? Chord stood in the centre of the ring, with the masked man beside him. [COLOR="Purple"]“Please, don’t stretch your out of shape minds too much,”[/COLOR] he said. [COLOR="Purple"]“You’re not seeing double – not unless you’re seeing four of us. You see, creating The Cult Of Chord took time and deception. It was necessary for someone else to wear this outfit from time to time. That someone else was one of the most promising young wrestlers this company has ever seen – no, that this industry has ever seen. His name is...”[/COLOR] The Mentor whisked off the hood, revealing the once-familiar features of a prodigal son. [CENTER][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/ErnestYoungman.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [COLOR="Purple"]“Ernest Youngman!”[/COLOR] Before the two men could go any further, the hip-hop music of Swoop McCarthy hit the PA, and the Traditional champion made his way down to the ring, sporting a shining new belt in place of the familiar old design. [CENTER][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/MAWTraditional_alt.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [COLOR="Teal"]“You’re done, right?”[/COLOR] he asked of Rip and Youngman, before turning his back on them to address the crowd. [COLOR="Teal"]“Ladies and gentlemen, what you see before you is the future of this industry. Swoop McCarthy is the greatest Traditional champion that this company has ever seen. Swoop McCarthy is a champion so great that he had to design a belt worthy of adorning his waist.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Purple"]“You did what?”[/COLOR] Rip demanded. [COLOR="Purple"]“Where’s the old belt?”[/COLOR] Swoop ignored him. [COLOR="Teal"]“In this company, it’s easy to get overlooked if you don’t have someone watching out for you. Fortunately, Swoop always has someone looking out for him. Swoop. “Who else could be trusted? Who else is worthy? Who else is capable? No-one – that’s who. Swoop walks alone, fights alone, in fact, Swoop doesn’t need anyone to do anything for him in this ring.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“Is that right?” [/COLOR]Youngman growled, grabbing Swoop and spinning him around. [COLOR="Blue"]“Listen, Aussie, this is our show, and our time. If you want to share it, you have to be prepared to make it worth our while.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Purple"]“The kid’s right, Kiwi,” [/COLOR]Rip said, drawing a pained look from McCarthy. [COLOR="Purple"]“For interrupting us, you can forfeit... I mean lose that shiny belt of yours to Youngman tonight. And then you can forget any hopes you might have of appearing for this company again until you bring back the old belt, cleaned and polished.”[/COLOR] Before Swoop could respond Jean Cattley’s music played, and the former World champion stepped out onto the ramp, shaking his head with a pitying expression on his face. [COLOR="Navy"]“Rip, Rip, Rip,”[/COLOR] he said, mock sorrowfully. [COLOR="Navy"]“I’m sorry. That’s not how it works. You see, Rip, you made a mistake.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Purple"]“What do you mean?”[/COLOR] Rip asked, suspiciously. [COLOR="Navy"]“Well, if it were me challenging someone for control of this company, I’d make sure of a few things. I’d make sure, for example, that they didn’t spend their last hours in power putting some failsafes in place.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Purple"]“What failsafes?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]“Well, I [I]say[/I] failsafes... You might as well call them timebombs,”[/COLOR] Jean went on, apparently not hearing him. [COLOR="Navy"]“There’s a few of them, and they’ll go off over the next while. Three of them have actually come into play tonight, though. Number one is that this is the last episode of Nationwide that will be aired on National Pride. Once tonight’s show is over, MAW will be off the air.”[/COLOR] Rip stared up at him, too shocked to speak. Youngman could be heard off-screen, demanding to know if this could be true. Rip waved him into silence. [COLOR="Purple"]“What else?”[/COLOR] he demanded. Cattley smiled. [COLOR="Navy"]“Second, he [I]also[/I] brought back one of the industry’s rising stars...”[/COLOR] Cattley was joined by a second man, leaner and taller than Youngman, and also something of a prodigal. [CENTER][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/jamescasey_photos/KCGlenn.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [COLOR="Navy"]“...KC Glenn![/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]“And thirdly, before James had his match against you, he put us in touch with the MAW Board of Directors. As you know, Rip, they can overrule you, when they see fit. And as they knew that Ernest Youngman had been hired, and as they suspected full well that you’d want him to win the Traditional title somehow... they’ve said that any match for the title that Youngman is involved in also has to involve KC here.”[/COLOR] Glenn grinned, while Jean was practically floating with sheer delight. [COLOR="Navy"]“Don’t worry, Rip. The Directors can usually only get involved when a title’s on the line. You can still make life miserable for us in lots of other ways. That is, unless something else happens to blow up in your face.” [/COLOR] He grinned, and turned to KC. [COLOR="Blue"]“Tick, tick, tick... Boom!”[/COLOR] * [B]KC Glenn vs. Ernest Youngman vs. Swoop McCarthy (c)[/B] for the [COLOR="Purple"]MAW Traditional title[/COLOR] Swoop seemed unperturbed by the unexpected match, and within seconds of the bell it was clear why as he watched with a smile on his face as his two opponents went after one another. Swoop first leant on the turnbuckles in one corner and then, when the fight got too close, left the ring all together to join Rip and Rock on commentary for a spell. With Glenn and Youngman down after a double clothesline, Swoop re-entered the ring and went to work, trying to score quick pins on both men. When that didn’t work, he scooped up Glenn and drilled him with a Running Powerslam onto Youngman. Glenn rolled under the ropes, but Youngman was stuck in the centre of the ring. McCarthy smugly turned in place, arms outstretched as he celebrated his ingenuity – right until he turned within reach of the ropes, where Rip was waiting with a hard right hand. The referee called for the bell as Rip followed up with an elbow smash that put Swoop down, and the feed cut to the back with Rip helping Youngman up, while glaring at McCarthy. Winner: Swoop McCarthy (C) * Raphael had just arrived backstage when Jean Cattley sprang from nowhere, slamming him into the side of a container lorry. Raphael crumpled to the ground, his suitcase and All Action belt scattered around him. Cattley picked up the belt and held it up to Raphael’s face. [COLOR="Navy"]“I’m challenging you,”[/COLOR] he said. [COLOR="Navy"]“Parking Lot Brawl. Here. Now.”[/COLOR] * [B]“Machine” Jean Cattley vs. Raphael (c) [/B]for the [COLOR="Purple"]MAW All Action[/COLOR] title in a [COLOR="Purple"]Parking Lot Brawl[/COLOR] With Raphael already backpedalling, Cattley grabbed him and pitched him into a parked car. The champion staggered away from the impact, before dropping to his knees. Cattley tried to crush his head against the front wing of the car but as Raphael moved, Cattley instead drove his shin into the unforgiving steel. The champion came up fighting, attempting to use Cattley’s wounded leg as a target, and for a time took the offence. His challenger fought back, though, and a wild lunge from Cattley saw the two of them land on the extended hood of a Jaguar. The two men climbed to their feet shakily, Cattley favouring his leg, Raphael his head. Raphael tried for a dropkick, but Raphael was able to reverse this into a Boston Crab. Before he could apply too much pressure, Raphael escaped, but only so far as into a front facelock. Seemingly almost on instinct, Cattley hoisted Raphael up and toppled backwards off the car onto the solid concrete below, scoring with a suplex that saw both men slam into the unforgiving ground. The referee hovered over them for several seconds, before shaking his head and calling the match as a double knockout. Winner: No-one (D+) * To the surprise of pretty much no-one, Alicia Strong was revealed as Suzanne Brazzle’s partner – but the new USPW owner revealed that she’d signed a deal with MAW, and was now here for the foreseeable future. And that meant that she was looking forward to settling some old scores – once and for all. * [B]Alicia Strong and Suzanne Brazzle vs. Joanne Rodriguez and Lauren Easter[/B] With Strong finally under a full contract, her days of being an occasional guest are done and forgotten. That also means, of course, that she doesn’t have creative control. In her tenth MAW match of the year, she helped put on one of our finest ever tag matches as these four women tore into one another at a relentless pace. The match seesawed back and forth, with no clear advantage as Rodriguez resumed her seemingly eternal rivalry with Strong. In the end, Strong got into it with Easter, causing a distraction to Brazzle who had been trying to go after the Women’s champion. Too late, she realised that this left her open to J-Ro, who came off the top rope with a J-Rocker to score the pin. Winners: J-Ro and Easter (C+) * Backstage, and Rip was ranting about Jean Cattley and his ‘systematic attack’ on The Cult Of Chord. He paused to take a breath, and caught sight of Ruin, which reminded him that the World champion had a match with Fumihiro Ota next. He ordered Ruin to go out and make Ota suffer, as he seemed to be Cattley’s friend. Ruin responded by pointing at the World title. Although he didn’t say anything, Chord understood, and agreed that this would be a title match – the better to motivate the champion to cause some serious damage in defence of his title. * [B]Fumihiro Ota vs. Ruin (c)[/B] for the [COLOR="Purple"]MAW World title[/COLOR] Fumihiro Ota wasted no time in beginning this match as he threw himself at the World champion before the echo of the bell had faded. He lashed out with quickfire kicks that kept the champion on the defensive, arms raised to ward off the worst of the blows. But Ota is an experienced fighter, and when Ruin blocked high, he went low, chopping away at the champion’s ribs with his feet and hands. However, this close quarters strategy invited the champion onwards and he grabbed Ota’s leg, using it for added leverage to deliver a devastating chokebomb. From that point, Ota was less able to strike at the champion, and Ruin was able to go on the offensive, striking hard at the former masked ninja with punishing blows, eventually picking him up by the throat and throwing him into the turnbuckles. As Ota staggered out, Ruin booted him in the stomach and crushed him with a Descent Into Hell for the pin. Winner: Ruin (C+) [B]Overall: C[/B] [I]Next: Sam Strong's retirement party, and other oddities...[/I]

[QUOTE=Candyman;664834]Was that a Swoop McCarthy face turn? [/QUOTE] [I]OOC: Not... officially. However, anyone taking a stand against TCO Chord right now would be cheered by the fans, I imagine. Swoop will do something scummy soon enough, I'm sure...[/I] * NOTBPW are on the upswing. They’ve got a new TV deal, a new PPV deal and Troy Tornado has made the jump from SWF to the Canadian company after getting a written deal offer. * The party was in full swing. Sam Strong’s send-off from wrestling had attracted some of the biggest names of the last forty years – including Rip Chord and Sam’s daughter, Alicia. I’d tagged along at Rip’s request. There was business to be done, after all. [COLOR="Purple"]“So, National Pride were weird?”[/COLOR] Sam asked, as he set a tray of drinks down on the table between the four of us. Rip took his club soda without even a second glance at Sam’s glass of Jack and water. Alicia and I stuck to diet sodas. [COLOR="Green"]“Yeah, very,”[/COLOR] I said, shaking my head. [COLOR="Green"]“All we wanted was to move to a later time slot, but they said that in order to do that, they had to cancel the deal. So right now, we’re off the air.”[/COLOR] I shook my head again, before taking a large draft of my drink. [COLOR="Green"]“When I tried to argue with them, they suggested that I meet with their program controller. Well, let’s just say that he was a unique character.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Purple"]“Brother, this is the wrestling business. If he’s that unique, you should have offered him a contract,”[/COLOR] Sam said, with a grin. [COLOR="Green"]“If I thought that it would have worked, then I would have,”[/COLOR] I said, with a rueful smile. [COLOR="Green"]“But he was a real weirdo, sat down in the basement, dust in his hair, fingernails about an inch long. Whenever I tried to suggest an alternative way of doing business, he just looked at me and said ‘That’s not how the Lizard King does things, madam.’”[/COLOR] Sam and Alicia laughed. I shook my head again. People would say that wrestling was weird – but small television stations, in my experience, were weirder. [COLOR="Purple"]“So, what will you do next?”[/COLOR] Sam asked. He took a big plate of salsa from a passing waitress, and dug into it with a fistful of chips. Apparently after forty plus years on a high protein, low carb diet, Sam was ready to enjoy junk food. [COLOR="Green"]“Well, Arcadia are launching a new sister channel next month. We’ve set up talks with them to see if we can get on board. Ideally, we’d take a later, longer slot with some money from them. That way we might turn a profit, and get more people on the show. I don’t know if we can get everything – but hopefully we can get something. Otherwise, it’s the Internet.”[/COLOR] Sam snorted. He didn’t trust the Internet. [COLOR="Purple"]“Well, we’ll probably make more money off air than on,”[/COLOR] Rip said, phlegmatically. It was the last sensible bit of conversation I heard for several hours, as a conga line with Peter Valentine and Danny Jillefski at the head swept past the table, picking us all up in its wake. * [QUOTE] [CENTER][I]MAW.com Show Report – On Tour in Tri State Thursday 11th November 2013[/CENTER] Hello everyone, this is Reese Paige reporting to you from the Weston Gymnasium! Tonight saw a sell-out crowd enjoy another hot show of MAW action. We kicked off with Kashmir Singh in action against Phil Jerome. You may remember that last week Jerome found himself in the path of the Bulldozer. This week he sought a measure of redemption against Brandon Smith’s former partner. He performed better as he wasn’t so overwhelmed by power, and that match was significantly more evenly contested. In the end, however, he fell victim to a Bombay Duck and was defeated by the veteran Singh. Rip Chord then hit the ring, and said that as part of his renewed ownership of MAW, he was considering cutting costs to fund his personal Cuban cigar habit. Two workers he said were under review were Kristabel Plum and Brooke Tyler, and he ordered them to face off against The West Texas Lawmakers. The women put up a plucky fight, but without any prior warning of the match they were quickly put down by the Lawmakers, who to their credit finished the match efficiently and without taking any pleasure from the win. Although if they were trying to be nice, they could have refused the match all together, am I right? Next up – oh, brother – it was Jefferson Stardust. He thanked everyone for their support during his ‘wilderness years’ in India, where he stayed with the Maharajah and learnt a great deal of cosmic wisdom. MAW would never be the same now that he was back, and he’d arranged all his gold and platinum discs in his dressing room. Does he know that we move around the country now? Anyway, Stardust was teaming with Delirium against The Canadian Blondes. The self-proclaimed rock god only seemed interested in the match when he was involved, and it cost his team as Delirium was trapped in a Canadian Crab in the centre of the ring, with no choice but to submit. Swoop McCarthy – who at least has some success to back up his claims to greatness – then took on Josh Jones and Jared Johnson. Jones was only roused to action by the exhortations of Ernest Forthdyke-Hume and didn’t seem too bothered about the match at all. He did break out some nice moves, but almost seemed to be sleepwalking at times, and that ended up being his downfall as Swoop caught him in a Running Powerslam to take the win. Brandon Smith confronted Raphael, challenging him to a match for the All Action title at Remember November. Raphael seemed to accept – at least, he said: [COLOR="Blue"]“The future is in my hands.”[/COLOR] Make of that what you will... The match was a frantic six-man affair, as the Cult Of Chord trio of Raphael, Antonio and Casey Valentine took on Dazzling Dave Diamond, Bradford Peverell and Smith. Diamond tried to mix it up with Raphael at one point on the mat, but fared better by duking it out with Valentine. Peverall took a heavy beating, but was eventually able to make the hot tag to Smith, who shortly afterwards pinned Raphael with an Inverted Piledriver. Backstage, and GB Wood confronted Eddie Powell. If Wood had won the All Action title at WIABA, he claimed, the night would have ended there – he would have had the sense to avoid anyone who might have taken the belt from him. Powell took exception to this, replying that he was all about accepting challenged. Marc Speed beat him that night, but on another night Powell would know more about his opponent. Come to that, Powell had never faced Wood – and wanted to rectify that there and then! You have to respect Powell’s approach to business – no messing, and always ready to fight. The match itself was all action from bell to bell. Wood is a talented youngster, and made Powell work hard. But Powell has been around the world before coming to MAW, and spent a lot of time in DaVE, famously. He’s not one to be bullied, and was eventually able to score with a Motion Censor for the win. Backstage, and Lenny Brown was being advised by Haley Buck. The two have been somewhat at odds of late, with Brown accepting All Action challenges without consulting Buck – but she seems to have the upper hand now that he’s the ex-champion. She aimed to prove it by booking him against El Heroe Mexicano – the ‘hottest thing on the scene’, according to her research. Brown didn’t seem his usual confident self when he heard this... Before the match, Brown issued a challenge to anyone at anytime – there’s no better feeling than comes from a clean victory, he claims. That’s what he got in the night’s main event, which was a thrilling battle of speed versus strength as the two impressively agile stars gave their all in and above the ring. The match nearly came down in Brown’s favour, but when he went for the Star Treatment, the super-quick Heroe was ready and able to counter, sending Brown crashing to the mat and leaving him vulnerable to a Flying Headbutt. Folks, after that match I’m still a little out of breath. Catch us next week for more On Tour action, and don’t forget to tune in tomorrow to see Nationwide here on MAW.com! Kashmir Singh def. Phil Jerome – D- The West Texas Lawmakers def. Plum and Tyler – E+ The Canadian Blondes def. Delirium and Stardust – E Swoop McCarthy def. Jared Johnson and Josh Jones – D Smith, Peverall and Diamond def. The Cult Of Chord – D Eddie Powell def. GB Wood – D+ El Heroe Mexicano def. Lenny Brown – C Overall: D+[/I] [/QUOTE] * Greg Gauge picked up a Bruised Eye Socket in a freak gardening injury last night. Does anyone else have visions of that Simpsons scene with Sideshow Bob and the rakes? * Jefferson Stardust was also injured – two in a week! However, he only picked up a Swivel Hips, which may explain his performance in the tag match, as it was apparently sustained during a faux-Elvis dance spot during his promo. * MAW Nationwide will be airing on the new Arcadia 2 network as of December 5th. I won’t bore you with the details. Suffice is to say that the Arcadia execs were refreshingly professional after the National Pride folks. We’ll be seen nationwide, including Hawaii, and will be getting 20% of the advertising money – although we’ve had to move from a Late Night to a Graveyard slot to get that. I’m fine with the move, although slightly disappointed that we couldn’t get a ninety minute show out of them, or money and the Late Night slot. Maybe next time... Until the new show starts airing in three weeks time, we can at least do ninety minute shows online each Friday, just to see how that goes. * [CENTER] [B]MAW Nationwide[/B] Enygma, Ricky DeColt and Remmy Skye vs. Rudy Velasquez, Tim Westybrook and Lenny Brown Eddie Powell vs. Casey Valentine El Heroe Mexicano vs. Antonio “Machine” Jean Cattley and KC Glenn vs. Ruin and Ernest Youngman Alicia Strong vs. Lauren Easter[/CENTER]

Good segment about Sam's retirement party. Don't know what had me laughing more - the Lizard King or the congo line lead by Valentine and Jillefski... Gold... Enygma, Ricky DeColt and Remmy Skye vs. [B]Rudy Velasquez, Tim Westybrook and Lenny Brown[/B] Eddie Powell vs. [B]Casey Valentine[/B] El Heroe Mexicano vs. [B]Antonio[/B] [B]“Machine” Jean Cattley and KC Glenn[/B] vs. Ruin and Ernest Youngman [B]Alicia Strong[/B] vs. Lauren Easter

Enygma, Ricky DeColt and Remmy Skye vs. [B]Rudy Velasquez, Tim Westybrook and Lenny Brown[/B] Eddie Powell vs. [B]Casey Valentine[/B] [B]El Heroe Mexicano [/B]vs. Antonio “Machine” Jean Cattley and KC Glenn vs. [B]Ruin and Ernest Youngman[/B] [B]Alicia Strong[/B] vs. Lauren Easter

Enygma, Ricky DeColt and Remmy Skye vs. [B]Rudy Velasquez, Tim Westybrook and Lenny Brown[/B] Eddie Powell vs. [B]Casey Valentine[/B] El Heroe Mexicano vs. [B]Antonio[/B] [B]“Machine” Jean Cattley and KC Glenn[/B] vs. Ruin and Ernest Youngman [B]Alicia Strong[/B] vs. Lauren Easter

[QUOTE=James Casey;665351]Greg Gauge picked up a Bruised Eye Socket in a freak gardening injury last night. Does anyone else have visions of that Simpsons scene with Sideshow Bob and the rakes?[/QUOTE] [IMG]http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/7333/pictures/BobRake.jpg[/IMG]

[B]MAW Nationwide[/B] [B]Enygma, Ricky DeColt and Remmy Skye[/B] vs. Rudy Velasquez, Tim Westybrook and Lenny Brown [B]Eddie Powell[/B] vs. Casey Valentine [B]El Heroe Mexicano[/B] vs. Antonio “Machine” Jean Cattley and KC Glenn vs. [B]Ruin and Ernest Youngman[/B] [B]Alicia Strong[/B] vs. Lauren Easter

[B]Enygma, Ricky DeColt and Remmy Skye[/B] vs. Rudy Velasquez, Tim Westybrook and Lenny Brown [I]Could honestly go either way.[/I] Eddie Powell vs.[B] Casey Valentine[/B] [I]Cult of Chord member picks up a big(ish) win[/I] [B]El Heroe Mexicano[/B] vs. Antonio [I]Faces have got to win some, and this seems the most obvious for the faces to win in their fight against the Cult of Chord[/I] “Machine” Jean Cattley and KC Glenn vs. [B]Ruin and Ernest Youngman[/B] [I]Cult of Chord duo pick up the win here via nefarious means[/I] [B]Alicia Strong[/B] vs. Lauren Easter [I]Strongs back and she's on the winning track[/I]

Archived