MAW: 10 Simple Rules...

RCI: “Sensational” Kashmir Singh vs. [B]Sean Deeley[/B] [I]The defending champ advances to the next round[/I] [B]Remmy Skye[/B] vs. Lenny Brown [I] Skye has blown hot and cold in FCW but he should go over brown, or perhaps not.... Skimmed over the fact that Skye was heading for SWF, so yeah I'm changing my choice for this one[/I] El Heroe Mexicano vs. Ernest Youngman vs. [B]Davis Wayne Newton[/B] [I]Honestly this match could go any of the ways, as there's a good case for any of them to go over but I'm tipping DWN to make an impact by picking up a win over two of the more established upper card talents in MAW[/I] Alicia Strong vs. Joanne Rodriguez [I]J-Ro still hasn't got her big win over Strong right ? Well I can't see that coming until one of the main shows...for now this latest installement ends in some kind of draw (I'm tipping the time limit variety)[/I]

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[B][U]MAW Nationwide[/U][/B] RCI: “Sensational” Kashmir Singh vs. [B]Sean Deeley[/B] [I]Deeley seems more likely go deep. [/I] Remmy Skye vs. [B]Lenny Brown[/B] [I]If Skye is leaving for the SWF, he might do so on his back...[/I] El Heroe Mexicano vs. Ernest Youngman vs. [B]Davis Wayne Newton[/B] [I]Eh, I'm a mark for Ace... uh, I mean DWN.[/I] Alicia Strong vs. Joanne Rodriguez [I]Agree with TK here - a draw seems likely. [/I]

Not exactly sure how I missed on predicting or commenting on this diary, but at least I am getting back into the spirit with the first show of the new year. RCI: “Sensational” Kashmir Singh vs. [B]Sean Deeley[/B] Remmy Skye vs.[B] Lenny Brown[/B] El Heroe Mexicano vs. [B]Ernest Youngman[/B] vs. Davis Wayne Newton Alicia Strong vs. Joanne Rodriguez - [B]Draw[/B]

[I]OOC: I seem to have conditioned you all to expect cheap finishes on Nationwide. Well, maybe... :p[/I] [B][CENTER]Mid Atlantic Wrestling presents: Nationwide Friday, 5th January 2014[/CENTER] RCI: “Sensational” Kashmir Singh vs. Sean Deeley[/B] This was a solid technical encounter. Deeley seemed to assume that his talent would be sufficient to enable him to just overwhelm Singh, and at times took a moment to consult with Haley Buck at ringside. This didn’t go down too well with the flamboyant Singh, who made a point of breaking out some flashy submission holds that had Deeley wide-eyed with surprise – and pain. However, when Deeley knuckled down, he was able to break through Singh’s defences, and in the end a Front Choke Lock was enough to put him in the quarter-finals. Winner: Sean Deeley (C) * Lenny Brown charged down to the ring, sliding under the ropes and glaring at the crowd as he rose to his feet. [COLOR="Blue"]“For too long I’ve been letting myself get played for a fool,”[/COLOR] he snarled into the house mic. [COLOR="Blue"]“But that ends here and now. Tonight, the first TV of the New Year, I show this company what I’m all about. No more money thievin’ agents, no more waitin’ my turn. Tonight I take what’s mine – and then I keep on takin’!”[/COLOR] His scheduled opponent, Remmy Skye, came down the aisle and entered the ring. [COLOR="Blue"]“I can certainly respect your aims of making the New Year a new start. Every day is a chance to improve yourself, a chance to move along in the world. I want to test myself against the best – and when the best try to improve themselves, like you are, then that has all the makings of a classic match.”[/COLOR] Skye looked content with the situation. Brown sneered. [COLOR="Blue"]“Like you know jack about me,”[/COLOR] he growled. [COLOR="Blue"]“Listen, hair dye, you’ve been at the top. You’ve flown first class, you’ve ridden in limousines. You had it all handed to you, and now you think that because you’re slummin’ it here, you’re somehow on a quest to enlightenment or something? You see, it ain’t about that. It ain’t about finding some inner light, or place of peace or any of that bull----. It’s about hitting another person ‘til they don’t get up again – and if they do, then hittin’ them some more. That’s all that matters when you get in the ring. You don’t get points for finesse, there’s no prizes for a pretty spinning toe hold, you win through impact!”[/COLOR] * [B]Remmy Skye vs. Lenny Brown[/B] In what seems likely to be Skye’s last match for MAW, he performed below the expected standard. As Skye is a professional, I won’t attribute it to the final result – it was purely a case of bad chemistry that dogged this match from bell to bell, at least in part because these are two of our more flashy, and therefore imprecise, workers. In the end, an overeager Skye tried for a Skye Diver, but Brown was able to block the attack and score with The Star Treatment for the pin. Winner: Lenny Brown (D+) * Sean Deeley returned to the ring, Haley Buck by his side. He smiled out at the crowd, his expression slightly softer than its usual supercilious sneer. [COLOR="Blue"]“Two weeks ago, I was granted a gift of the future. At End Of Days, a young man returned to this company and showed that he, like I, was a master technician and adept in all manner of fighting techniques. That man was, of course, Davis Wayne Newton. “In the last two weeks, Davis and I have been in extensive negotiations. I am now pleased to announce that he and I have entered into an agreement for the duration of our stay here in Mid Atlantic Wrestling.“[/COLOR] [COLOR="Magenta"]“That will be a short stay,”[/COLOR] Haley Buck declared. [COLOR="Magenta"]“My clients are extremely talented. This company will soon be too small for them. I can well imagine that they’d fit in... SomeWhere Far to the North, perhaps.”[/COLOR] The crowd jeered. Buck’s inflection of certain letters in the last sentence was not lost on them, and the MAW hardcore is not really the SWF core audience. [COLOR="Blue"]“Davis, come and join us.”[/COLOR] Newton came down to the ring. His reaction was mixed – his firing by NOTBPW was common knowledge among the fans, but equally, allying with Sean Deeley (and, moreso, Haley Buck) was a quick way to erase any sympathy for his situation. [COLOR="Blue"]“Thank you Sean, Haley,”[/COLOR] Newton said, nodding to them. [COLOR="Blue"]“It’s true. I am back in MAW – until something better comes along. Don’t get used to seeing me here – I’m far too good for you. “Still, I think I can stick around for a few weeks, until something better comes along – long enough to win the RCI, at least.” “Well, maybe,”[/COLOR] Sean said. [COLOR="Blue"]“But if you make it to the semi-final, you’ll be going against last year’s winner – me.” “Well, I’ve been thinking about that,”[/COLOR] Newton said. [COLOR="Blue"]“And look at the history. The only man who ever repeated as Invitational Champion is Mainstream Hernandez – and whatever happened to that guy? Is that what you want for the future?”[/COLOR] The crowd jeered this, led by the ultra-hardcore who had been with MAW since the beginning. Mainstream’s name is sacred to such fans. [COLOR="Blue"]“I’ll take my chances,” [/COLOR]Deeley said, with a grin. [COLOR="Blue"]“Davis, you and I will steal the show at the Invitational, and then whoever wins – probably me, let’s be honest – will go on to win the tournament. Besides, I need another bookend at home, so I have to win this tournament.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“Yeah, well, we’ll see in a few weeks,”[/COLOR] Newton said, breezily. [COLOR="Blue"]“Now, who have you signed up for me, Sean?” “I thought that today we’d start with a real test for you. El Heroe Mexicano-“[/COLOR] The crowd popped. Newton’s eyebrows rose slightly. [COLOR="Blue"]“-and Ernest Youngman.”[/COLOR] Deeley, Buck and Newton smirked, clearly confident that Youngman and Heroe would be so intent on one another that Newton wouldn’t have to break a sweat. * [B]El Heroe Mexicano vs. Ernest Youngman vs. Davis Wayne Newton[/B] Apparently there’s something in the air tonight. The fans were hot to see Newton, hot to see Heroe, hot to see Youngman, and hot to see the latter two go at it. Put it all together and... you get a good match, no question, but not as good as I might have hoped. These three have all done more with less (notably Heroe/Youngman/Swoop) so I don’t know what was missing, other than the fans resenting Newton getting involved in the Firm/Cult feud, perhaps. As the only physical manifestation of that conflict on the show, the fans wanted blood – and Newton was the spoiler who prevented it happening. Not only that, but when Youngman and Heroe did get into it alone in the closing minutes, Newton stole the win by ambushing Youngman and yanking down the top rope as he ran into them for momentum. Youngman took the tumble, Newton dived into the ring, and before Heroe had a chance to react, he was wrapped up in the Fisherman’s Suplex for the Newton win. Winner: Davis Wayne Newton (C+) * Joanne Rodriguez was in the ring as we came back from the break. [COLOR="Blue"]“My troubles in this company all started with the arrival of one woman: Alicia Strong. “I was doing just fine until she came along. Before she came here, I was on top. I was dominant. I was on course to prove myself the greatest in the business today. “And then she arrived, and all of a sudden I was yesterday’s news. “Well, I’ve had enough. Strong, come out here and face me. I want to prove that I’m better than you!”[/COLOR] Alicia did come out, although she kept her distance from J-Ro at the top of the ramp. [COLOR="Blue"]“Joanne, you and I have done this before. You’ve never beaten me. I’ll admit that it’s always been close... But every time one of us has won, it’s been me. I have to admit that I enjoy fighting you, Joanne... but at the same time, if we do fight, and you do win... I know I’ll never hear the end of it. It would be like having an annoying fly following me around all the time, because everywhere I’d go all I’d hear would be you, bragging about beating me. Let it go, Jo.”[/COLOR] She paused, and smiled at the inadvertent rhyme. The crowd chuckled a little, but for Rodriguez it was the last straw. [COLOR="Blue"]“Now you’re laughing at me?”[/COLOR] she demanded. She dragged one hand back through her hair and yanked at it, pulling the hair taught around her fingers. [COLOR="Blue"]“Damn it, Strong, if you’re the best, prove it. I’ve got no-one else left to beat!”[/COLOR] Strong took several seconds to reply, watching Rodriguez the whole time. [COLOR="Blue"]“Okay,”[/COLOR] she said, at last. [COLOR="Blue"]“Tonight, I’ll fight you. Tonight, you get your match. On one condition...” “Anything.” “You’re Lauren Easter’s business manager, right? You’ve been handling all her contracts and everything. I know that’s the case... so if I beat you, I get another shot at the title at the Invitational.” “Done!”[/COLOR] Strong smiled, and Rodriguez – looking somewhat anxious – smiled as well. [COLOR="Blue"]“Now get in the ring, and let me beat the ---- out of you!”[/COLOR] she yelled into the mic, half ordering, half pleading. Strong seemed slightly surprised at Rodriguez’ depth of feeling, but slowly made her way down the aisle, clearly slightly uncertain about how to handle her increasingly volatile opponent. * [B]Alicia Strong vs. Joanne Rodriguez[/B] I enjoyed this. These two always put on a great show, and this was no exception. Their familiarity with each other allows them to do things others can’t – for example, Rodriguez did a corner flip when whipped into the buckles by Strong and ended up on her feet on the ring apron, where she walked into a clothesline that sent her flying. The whole thing was orchestrated on the fly, and Rock and Rip were left dumbfounded on commentary. Back in the ring, Rodriguez took control with an eye gouge and continued to scratch and claw at her nemesis’ eyes, keeping Strong on the defensive and earning J-Ro repeated warnings from the referee. However, she stayed just the right side of the line, and with Strong in pain and disoriented, Rodriguez went up to the top rope for the J-Rocker – only for Lauren Easter to explode into the ring and nail Strong with a Belly To Belly Suplex to draw the DQ, leaving J-Ro perched on the turnbuckle, her expression changing from shock to fury as she glared at the defiant Women’s champion and the show came to a close. Winner: Alicia Strong (B-) [B]Overall: C+[/B] [I]Next: Ah, but that would be telling...[/I]

[QUOTE][I][CENTER]TEW.com Special Report: The Cult Of Chord[/CENTER] We here at tew.com have been closely monitoring Mid Atlantic Wrestling over the last six months or so. The company had quietly been undergoing regional expansion from late 2010, and in mid-2011 they spread their wings even further, venturing into Canada and holding shows throughout the eastern half of the United States. In the middle of last year, MAW’s popularity throughout the south-east quarter of the States was sufficient to warrant them earning a TV show dubbed ‘Nationwide’, clearly signalling their intent. Since then, Rip Chord’s company has made a strong play towards the national mainstream. Long seen as the most important ‘small’ company because of their ability to develop new stars and rehabilitate old names, MAW also began to gain notice because of the quality of shows being produced. Week in, week out the company was putting on shows that would have not looked too out of place for one of the National companies – or even larger. And that with a cast of names that a lot of people would only recognise as perennial losers on other national TV shows. Aaron Andrews, Jean Cattley, Fumihiro Ota and perhaps most of all Tim Westybrook and Ruin (Texas Pete) were stars in MAW, where they had struggled to even break into the midcard for TCW and SWF. MAW has also produced a host of stars who’ve been lighting up TV in the US and Canada – and even Mexico. Frankie Perez, Ryan Powell and Davis Wayne Newton were early stars for the company when James Casey took over the booking in early 2008. Hugh de Aske, Kirk Jameson and Amazing Fire Fly owe a significant debt for their current standings to the intensive work that Casey and Chord inflict on their best prospects. In addition to that, MAW is the only men’s promotion in North America with a serious Women’s division (USPW, despite being owned by Alicia Strong, only have four women under contract and can’t really be considered to count). In Brazzle, Strong, Rodriguez and Easter they have four of the best women’s wrestlers available. This Friday night just past, MAW held the first Nationwide of the New Year. With a little over two weeks left to build to the Rip Chord Invitational, fans were expecting Tim Westybrook and Ruin to be front and centre for the build to their World title match. Instead, both were given the night off as the focus was shifted to the Invitational itself – and the Women’s title rematch between Lauren Easter and Alicia Strong. We believe that Westybrook and Ruin will be featured players over the next two weeks. The World title match hasn’t been forgotten – indeed, from the rumours we’re hearing, there may be even more on the line than we thought. But Casey and Chord decided to use this week’s Nationwide to take the proverbial deep breath – and it mostly paid off. With the ‘usual’ main event crew absent, other workers got the chance to take to the stage. Strong/Rodriguez was a typically brilliant contest between the two, with an ending that promises further twists and turns for the Women’s division. It was also quite something to see a ‘national’ company take a risk on an all-female main event on thief flagship TV show. The triple threat showcased three of the best young workers in the world today. The opener showed that the company has real strength in depth as Singh and Deeley put on an enjoyable technical effort. Meanwhile, Skye/Brown had Skye performing the traditional farewell of lying down for a worker who’s been on the cusp of the main event for some time now. Even if the match wasn’t that good, Brown’s victory is one that can be replayed again and again. In short, MAW put on a very enjoyable show – without using any of their biggest names. That, coupled with their performance in general over the last year, has led the staff here at tew.com to one inescapable conclusion: It’s time to reconsider MAW’s position on our rankings. MAW are now officially a Cult promotion. Promoting a company isn’t a step that we take lightly. We know that our rankings are treated as gospel by an awful lot of people when they’re really so very hard to assess accurately. MAW have been performing like a Cult company, with TV, B-shows and big names, for some time now. However, we believe they have justified the faith we’ve placed in them, and while we accept that certain venue owners, travel companies and other miscellaneous operators will use this as an opportunity to gouge MAW for more money, we hope that Casey and Chord between them can afford to keep knocking on as they seem poised to rise still further up the rankings. Just imagine what a National MAW could do with a parent company... Anyway, thanks to our editor Phil Brooks here for letting me be the one to write this up. I’ll be back in a couple of weeks for my annual Invitational predictions! [RIGHT]~Jason Reso[/I][/RIGHT] [/QUOTE] [I]Next: So, Cult, huh?[/I]

So, Cult, huh? It was pretty inevitable. From the moment we started running shows outside the Mid Atlantic, we were making a statement that we weren’t prepared to remain an unaffiliated developmental promotion, working on developing talent rather than putting on as compelling a show as possible. Okay – we [I]were[/I] satisfied with that. But only so far as running the On Tour shows go. Even they have some storyline elements to them now. They used to feature Rip coming out and telling stories about back in the day – three or four times a show, sometimes. That was back in the days of the XDW vs. XDW feud, when we were incredibly grateful that Hugh de Aske didn’t realise his own value and could be booked On Tour for less than either Canadian Blonde. Now Rip scarcely gets a look in, and the last few times he’s done that, it’s actually dragged the show down. So for a while now, we’ve been expecting to be named a Cult company. We’ve been the most Important sub-Cult fed for a while now, as measured on the tew.com scale. That’s basically an assessment of our contribution to the industry, the stars we’ve produced, how much we add to the industry through our continued existence... that sort of thing. In terms of Influence – that is, how much sway we have with the general public. Not just a measure of popularity, it’s also a measure of the company’s worth to the man on the street. Is MAW worth more than NYCW, for example? – we’ve eased ahead of NYCW and AAA with this move. We’ve been see-sawing back and forth with NYCW for a while. In truth, the last three or four months they’ve had an edge on us. They’re more focused, building around a core of stars ideally suited to the NYCW style (including, but not limited to, Aaron Andrews, Lassana Makutsi and Sean Deeley). However, they’re still only running one show a month, and while their popularity in and around New York is such that they’re coining in the cash, outside the North-East the interest tails off quickly. Popularity is not measured in website hits – it’s man-in-the-street stuff, and the average Californian has no idea that NYCW exists. As for AAA, well, they own the North-West. Almost any company – and I mean any company short of TCW and SWF – will lose out to the Angels if they run there. But, again, outside their niche market, the only viable women’s wrestling is on MAW TV – part of the reason for our main event on the last Nationwide. We’re currently the #4 company in America, and around #18 in the world. With the best will in the world, it will be a long, long time before we catch up to USPW, and longer still before we can challenge the big two. The big names are signed up to one of the two Global companies. To illustrate the whole ‘nothing’s really changed’ reality of our rise, rising to Cult doesn’t make me automatically a viable choice for many workers (although Alex DeColt may get another call). Becoming a Cult fed sends the message that we have money, and we’ll get bilked for it by every schmuck in a position to hand us an invoice that we have to pay. We don’t – have money, that is. Right now, MAW has $160k in the bank. NYCW, notionally a smaller company, has upwards of $3 million. There are ways of making money, of course. Our TV deal comes up for negotiation next month, and with a bit of luck we’ll be able to secure a better timeslot with more income. The next couple of months are likely to be tight, however. Troy Winner’s 4C lost nearly $300 thousand in its last month in business – almost twice what we have in the bank right now. There’s pay-per-view, of course, but even a couple of thousand buys wouldn’t contribute more than a few thousand dollars, if I understand correctly. Worth having, no doubt, but really, it’s not going to save us from bankruptcy. And that’s if any of the carriers are interested in taking us on – not a guarantee, by any means... I think I’ve said before that I’ve pretty well off. I am. I could afford to buy into MAW a few months ago, when money was short... Thing is, Rip won’t let me take more than 50% of the shares (minus one, strictly speaking – Rip’s still majority owner) so the next move is his. I’ve taken MAW to this point. Any further is up to Rip. [I]Next: On Tour, and SWF's latest talent raid...[/I]

Jebus, 160k? Ummm, ouch! There is a seriously compelling argument to be made for progression paths like NYCW and AAA (that is, prolonging your stay at Regional in order to maximize cash reserves). I'm even more interested to see how you deal with being behind the 8-ball at this point. You're right in that your PPV deal isn't the winning lottery ticket many make it out to be. I'm curious to see whether you can still do On Tour without bleeding money as if you'd married Anna Nicole Smith (yeah, I went there). Oh yeah and take this as me saying 'I told you so'. Lauren/Alicia (hell, even J.Ro) > Ruin, as world champ. *cough* I'm gonna start a viral campaign across MAW's fanbase. :p

You only have 160k? Wow, I really didn't know how much worse MAW is at making money than NYCW. Without giving too much away, I just ran my first month in my NYCW diary with my TV show. 5 shows (4 TV and 1 Medium Annual Show) and spent $93,000 in worker expenses. My monthly performance? +$58,300 ($724,532 overall). And it's not like I've been conservative in my promotion strategy. In 2 years and 6 months of gameplay I've run 111 events.

Yep it is really time to cut costs as well Casey so keep the tag division and touring on hold for a while and focus fully on TV and possibly ppv. Also no more dark matches/training angles etc and look for downsides you may not reach so need to be cut. Good luck with it and if you need a ruthless outside hand let me know hehe. Cameo as an evil accountant/suit would rock lol.

[QUOTE=Remianen;685572]Jebus, 160k? Ummm, ouch! There is a seriously compelling argument to be made for progression paths like NYCW and AAA (that is, prolonging your stay at Regional in order to maximize cash reserves). I'm even more interested to see how you deal with being behind the 8-ball at this point. You're right in that your PPV deal isn't the winning lottery ticket many make it out to be. I'm curious to see whether you can still do On Tour without bleeding money as if you'd married Anna Nicole Smith (yeah, I went there). Oh yeah and take this as me saying 'I told you so'. Lauren/Alicia (hell, even J.Ro) > Ruin, as world champ. *cough* I'm gonna start a viral campaign across MAW's fanbase. :p[/QUOTE] I think I and Remianen don't agree on much, but I believe he's correct this time - you might have to cut the On Tour shows, and, considering Lauren Easter's and Alicia's stats, they are better suited as champions. I also want see what Joanne Rodriguez's and Suzanne Brazzle's stats are, too.

Oh, I'm well aware that I'm [I]way[/I] on the skinny side of safe - but I have Rip Chord as an owner, so it's not like I'm going to go bankrupt. Besides, Jay's saved some of that TCW cash as well... In all seriousness, I can maybe struggle through for a while, but the outcome of the next TV negotiation is going to be interesting.

SWF have approached Lenny Brown. Along with Skye, Nevada Nuclear, Kurt Laramee and James Prudence, it’s clear from SWF’s latest signings that pickings are slim in the US indy scene... * [QUOTE] [I][CENTER]MAW.com Show Report – On Tour in Ontario Thursday 11th January 2014[/CENTER] Hello everyone, this is Reese Paige reporting the events live from Windsor Hall in Ontario as MAW ventures north of the border for On Tour. After last week’s shock defeat to debutant Wendy Summers, Brooke Tyler demanded vengeance as she teamed with Nadia Snow to take on Summers and Kristabel Plum. Tyler was vicious in her attacks on the cheerleading newcomer, delivering a series of hard kicks to her head and face, and choking her with the tag rope. The referee admonished her several times, but was ignored, and Tyler eventually took the win when Snow distracted the referee, and Tyler drilled Summers with a foreign object before clamping the Brooke Breaker on for the victory. Next, Bradford Peverell took on Raphael in their RCI qualifier. Peverell took advantage of Raphael’s recent return from injury, punishing his hesitancy with a series of hard blows before putting him down with a Dream Left Hook to book his place in the quarter-finals against Sean Deeley. “Rolling” Johnny Stones, a talented Brit, was the latest debutant as MAW continue to highlight the best of the independent scene. He gave GB Wood a tough match, pushing the talented technician to the limit, before finding himself trapped in an Anaconda Vice where he was forced to submit. Rip Chord came to ringside, flanked by Raphael – but also Sheriff Blaze and Josh Jones. Chord announced that as MAW owner he had struck a deal with Jones’ and Blaze’s manager and that they would be facing Eddie Powell in a triple threat match. Apparently Mr. Chord wanted Powell softened up ahead of the upcoming Gatekeepers/Second Sons title match at the Invitational. That’s what he got as well, as Jones and Blaze worked remarkably well in tandem until the time came for one of them to make the pin. Jones tried, but Blaze stopped him. Jones went back to try again, but Blaze stopped him again. As the two tussled, Powell took the time to recuperate, and with Chord’s enforcers definitely on different pages, Powell was able to divide and conquer, finally finishing off Blaze with a Motion Censor. Dazzling Dave Diamond was kibitzing with the fans when he was jumped from behind by a huge brute of a man in biker attire. The man, who we later learned goes by the name of Crossbones Bonham, crushed Diamond in the corner with a thunderous flying splash before nailing him with a powerbomb. Belatedly, the referee called for the bell, making it an official match – but by then Bonham had Diamond up for a move dubbed the Grease Spot, and an impressive victory belonged to the newcomer. El Heroe Mexicano was up next, and had some more pointed comments for Rip Chord. Phil Jerome took the opportunity to try and sneak a lead in their match, but Heroe was quick to fire back, and made relatively short work of Jerome before putting him away with a Flying Headbutt. Davis Wayne Newton found himself in the main event before his fellow Canadians. Another person might have been humble, but Newton acted like it was his due right, berating his scheduled opponent, Jared Johnson, as being barely worthy of his attention. Johnson gave the lie to that claim in the early going as he unloaded on Newton with his best offence. He seemed to have Newton on the ropes, and more than once tried to clamp on the Carolina Crossface. But Newton is resilient, and was able to come back and claim his predicted win with a Fisherman’s Suplex. Clearly his ego is going to take some controlling... Fans, we’ll be back in Ontario soon enough but for now we’re heading back to the Mid Atlantic for Nationwide. Be sure and catch that and we’ll see you next week! Nadia Snow and Brooke Tyler def. Wendy Summers and Kristabel Plum – D- RCI: Bradford Peverell def. Raphael – D GB Wood def. “Rolling” Johnny Stones – E+ Eddie Powell def. Sheriff Blaze and Josh Jones – D- Crossbones Bonham def. Dazzling Dave Diamond – D- El Heroe Mexicano def. Phil Jerome – E+ Davis Wayne Newton def. Jared Johnson – D+ Overall: D [/I][/QUOTE] [CENTER][B]MAW Nationwide[/B] The Gatekeepers vs. Sean Deeley and Davis Wayne Newton RCI: “Bulldozer” Brandon Smith vs. Marc Speed Alicia Strong and Wendy Summers vs. Joanne Rodriguez and Lauren Easter El Heroe Mexicano, “Machine” Jean Cattley and Tim Westybrook vs. Ruin, Ernest Youngman and Rip Chord[/CENTER]

The Gatekeepers vs. [B]Sean Deeley and Davis Wayne Newton[/B] RCI: “Bulldozer” Brandon Smith vs. [B]Marc Speed[/B] Alicia Strong and Wendy Summers vs. [I]Joanne Rodriguez and Lauren Easter[/I] [B]El Heroe Mexicano, “Machine” Jean Cattley and Tim Westybrook[/B] vs. Ruin, Ernest Youngman and Rip Chord

Archived